Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The Trials (IC) [Pathfinder]

The Lollipop Guild, although having a very cute name, is a well established guild that offers many adventurers the chance to lay out a legend that will carry their name through the ages. With many people clambering to the top, two in-particular are heading to the big leagues now.

Eight year old Reika is a very dastardly girl, and a threat to many people that combat her. She found the guild to be a safe haven and home, allowing her to hone her skills rapidly.

Beta is a brute, and is hell bent on destroying the walls that come to be obstacles that stand in his ay of furthering himself.

The two have been paired for a very gate-opening test of tasks known as The Trials. These trials will be key on becoming heavy hitters in this guild, and will allow their names to be chosen more frequently.

Spoiler
    Show
    Both players start in the meed hall, given a free meal, before meeting with Slim Bob, the Liaison for the first task.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: The Trials (IC) [Pathfinder]

Reika

the young girl had taken a seat close by the bar in the meed hall, wanting to try something new granted due to her age she didn't expect to acomplish that much with the goal she gave herself of obtaining ale.

Hey Can you get me some ale? she questioned the baretender that had been behind the counter. I'm sure i can handle it!

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (d20+2)[5]

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

Beta approached behind the little girl, and cleared his throat. "Some for me, and i will take responsibility for her too."
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

4. - Top - End - #4

The tender nodded, and poured up some ale for both the patrons. Smiling, he handed the cup over to the tiny girl, unable to keep a straight face. However, he was stern with the larger man, almost fearful.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

Beta smiled a twisted smile. The same smile he showed when he first went to join the guild, in which just after he had bisected a wall just to prove he was serious. He took the ale and made for a clear table, which wasn't hard, because many people distanced themselves from him, and sat down at it, gesturing to the young girl to join him.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

She happily drank the ale she was presented with, now waiting for the person with their first mission. This tastes good, can i have another?

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

After taking a deep swig of his own, he filled hers with some from his own and spoke calmly. "So, they say the two of us are working together on this next mission."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

Mhm, i wonder what we'll be doing.

she took another sip of the drink, while she looked at the male who sat across from her still waiting for the other to show up

9. - Top - End - #9

A large man entered the room, looking much like a brute explorer himself. Finding the two together, he moves to Beta and Reika, gathering them to the room where the tasks will be represented.

The room was circular, with a concave ceiling, so that the grooved portion was facing down, and the curve was facing up. It was pure sand stone, and the walls, along with the floor, were granite, very grey colour. There stood a bench of three sets, and podiums in front of each seat. Two lone chairs were spaced out 15 feet from the bench, and ten feet from each other. The guard beckoned the two towards the empty chairs, and then left to guard the door along with another, who stayed instead of getting the two.

Once they both sat, the man in the middle, with the tallest podium, rose up, and then sat down. "You both have proved to be very handy to us, and are raising to the top tiers of our guild rather quickly. Just as myth goes, you must now incur a quest. You will be given 12 tasks to be completed, and turned in to me, in this room. The guards will never stop you from entering, so long as you both are together. Any questions before i give you the details to your first task?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"You put emphasis on some details. Are these trials going to be harder than the jobs i have been given before?"

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

No question's here.

12. - Top - End - #12

"In terms of length, or talent, maybe. You both have conflicting styles, so it should prove to be something of an advantage. As for the actual tests, i don't know. Maybe you'll be favored."

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"So whats the first task?"

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

Just get to telling me the task already! She whined a bit, the female was never one for patience, though she did have her moments when she could tolerate such things

15. - Top - End - #15

"There is a valley that harbors young dragons. The guild asks that you both depart to this valley, combating everything that tries to stop you from bringing back a single dragon egg. By that, you both must bring back one. The addition of two young wyverns could be a blessing for this guild. As such, do not harm the eggs. You will be teleported to the opening of the valley, but we can do nothing more, for fear of pitting you against the herd too quickly. You will be given an item that, once shattered onto the floor, will bring you back here, safely to the guild. Beware, that there is a dragon guarding those eggs. It will be fierce, so prepare as long as you must. As you know, we have a shop that can get hands on anything you desire. All the same, time is of no consequence. However, the sooner you go, the more eggs will be unhatched. Simply tell us when you both are ready, and Figdom will teleport you to the site. "

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"I'm ready already. We start when she is."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

i'm all set to go". She smiled a bit as she had held a firm grip upon her bag of holding not wanting it too be meddled with.

18. - Top - End - #18

With a nod, Slim Bob allowed Figdom the floor. The older man with long grey hair stepped out wearing tight clothing, like a punk rock star. He waved his hands, folded his arms over, and nodded his head with closed eyes. The two adventurers were instantly puffed through time and space, to the beginning of Rok Valley, home to the over population of dragons.

Spoiler
    Show
    The time is early morning, and you don't seem to be encumbered by wild life, or plants. It looks like a normal plain with flat grass, aside from the two large mountains that keep the land tightened together in a strip. There is a rocky mountain at the end of the long valley. It should only take two days to come to this mountain.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

"Well lets get going." she marched out infront of the male and begun her walk towards the mountain, her hips moving side to side in a swaying motion along with her long white hair

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

Beta laughed and stepped out in front of her. "I'll be leading the way, thank you very much. You can't do me much good if you get eaten." As they move, he keeps an eye out for any sign of threats.

Spoiler
    Show
    Perception (1d20+18)[29]

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

" what makes you think i'll get eaten?" she blinked as she continued her walk behind him, the female soon to adjust the small golden tiara she had upon her head

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"We are hunting Dragons. Who do you think would take a bite from one better? Me, or you?"

23. - Top - End - #23

Beta
    Spoiler
    Show
    The further into the thick of it you go, the more you hear dragons swooning and whining. More often then not, you see a dragon in the air, but they're not concerned with you.

After half the day of walking, the sun remains in the sky, but a threat is near. The passage is a lawn of grass, with a lake on either side. It seems to be a watering hole for the dragons, and to stop here would be suicidal. However, a precocious young sky dragon meeding it over after a long day. It looks up to hiss at you. A good meal would sate the dragon, and it's off, only to land it's medium body down 25 feet away. With a moderate roar, he claims you both as food.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

I can handle myself! she crossed her arms as she resumed to follow the far larger male. suddenly hearing the dragon she let out a slight squeel of fright from the sudden draconic roar
    Last edited by Raynexakame; 2012-11-13 at 08:12 PM.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"How well do you think you'd do in a fist fight with one of those?"

26. - Top - End - #26
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

"y-yeah sure" she laughed nervously as she looked at the larger creature that had been so many feet away from the duo

27. - Top - End - #27

The medium sized dragon coos once more, and takes flight. Being only 50 feet off the floor, the dragon wailed inwards and then down. He was fast, and took the chance to come over the larger foe. Opening it's mouth, it released a cone of energy at the two.

Spoiler
    Show
    Flyby attack. Fly up, and then forward, as well as attack. It's now 30 feet above you both, and 30 feet behind, after the attack.

Breath weapon:(4d8)[20] Electricity DC 16
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-13 at 08:29 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Beta

"This is why i'm in the big leagues. I can go mano a mano with that thing, and win." He focuses, and quickly doubles in size, turning on a heel and charging towards the dragon, he'd leap upwards at it, a claw forming in his right hand that he'd attempt to plunge deep into its gut.

Spoiler
    Show

Reflex save (1d20+1)[20]
    Manifesting Expansion as a Swift action for 7PP.
    Charge and Leap in the charge to attack.
    Acrobatics check (1d20+1)[13]

Attack roll (1d20+15)[24] (+2 from charge)
    Damage [roll]4d6+6[/toll]

Beta takes five damage from the Breath Weapon
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-13 at 08:46 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

"ow!" she yelped in pain from the sudden electrical burn she had recieved from the dragon whom has still been flying, annoyed from her wounds she uttered a phrase underneath her breath, where upon her crown unleashed a blast of blinding light at the dragon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Crown of blasting:(3d8)[15]
    Reika takes 10 from the breathweapon

30. - Top - End - #30

The dragon enthralls at the damage the young girl had done to it. Although the larger being made the most damage, the Dragon took the girl to heart, and was on her. Landing in front of her, the dragon opened it's mouth, and attempted to bite the girl's head off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Land in front of Reika, and attack with bite.
    Bite:(1d20+11)[14] Damage:(1d8+4)[7]