New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Trials (IC) [Pathfinder]

The librarian blinks at the young girl, not a spellcaster herself. A nearby wizard smiles, and mentions that the merchant here carries magic items, such as scrolls.

Should Reika follow heed, and talk to the merchant, the merchant claims the cost as 200 gp.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

she nodded as she made her way to the merchant so she could purchase the three scrolls she wanted. Hey! Store person! I want to buy three scrolls, one for reduce person, one for enlarge person and one for unnatural lust!

3. - Top - End - #123

The merchant nodded at her innocence and amusement. Granting her the scrolls, he takes her money, leaving her on her own.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

she made her way to the room with the three scrolls so she could do her ritual before sleeping so she was fully prepared for the next day of adventuring with beta for their next test

Spoiler
    Show
    Spell learning: Reduce person, Enlarge person, and Unnatural Lust.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Ending the day late, Beta took his few hours of sleep and got up bright and early to resume training until the time had come for their next mission.
    Kitten: *bats around a mini a few times*
    DM: "Ok, it looks like Fluffy...err, 'The Tarrasque'...Full Attacks the Cleric"
    Cleric: "Full attack my a**, that was just two claw attacks!"
    Kitten: *starts gnawing on the mini*
    Cleric: "...nevermind."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

she arisen the next day only to speak with her doll to prepare for the day ahead of her

Spoiler
    Show
    Level IV
    Wall of ice ( Bonus )
    Volcanic Storm
    Ice Storm

Level III
    Vampiric Touch
    Vampiric Touch( Bonus )

Level II
    Burning Gaze
    Unnatural Lust
    Feast of Ashes
    Unnatural Lust (Bonus)

Level I
    Burning Hands
    Burning Hands (Bonus)
    Cure Light Wounds
    Cause Light Wounds
    Burning Hands

Cantrips
    Dancing Light
    Read Magic
    Bleed
    Stabilize

7. - Top - End - #127

One of the two guards that protects the domed room travels about the guild headquarters, in order to gather both Reika and Beta for their next task. When both bodies enter, the two guards close the doors, and do as they always do.

Slim Bob acknowledged the two, and let them sit. He opened the floor with a wave to the left wall. On it, a picture of a kitsune was shown.

"This, is Namkitu. He is a dangerous thief, that takes multiple magical items. He is highly dangerous, for his ability to disguise himself well. No one knows what his human form looks like, or how many he has, however, we must find and stop him, before he takes these."

The next photo, as the man to the right of Bob flashed from a distance, was of two simple bands, much like rings. They look platinum, and hold a very shiny appearance.

"These rings produce a magic so fierce, they could over throw kingdoms without resistance. We ask you two, seeing as how powerful you were versus dragons, to take this mad man down. You will have an hour to prepare, one you are done, we will transport you to his last known location. There, you will meet a man named Sven. He will tell you what we know of Namkitu's involvement with the rings."
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-29 at 07:20 PM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

"I am ready whenever the girl is. I need little that i do not carry with me already."

9. - Top - End - #129
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

"Why go through all this trouble to find information when we can just go to the rings ourselves and just ambush him at the scene?"
    The young girl blinked while questioning that of the guildmaster and the guards.

10. - Top - End - #130

"If we do that, we'll never know what Namkitu looks like, or detain him. If we just guard the rings, like we are now, he can easily pick off an officer, assume his identity, and capture the rings. If you're not up to the mission, fine, leave. But don't think an eight year old can out think our council. " The wizard steps out of his chair, beaming at the young girl. It was the first instance of the wizard showing emotion, especially rage. There was a reaction out of the young man to the right of Slim Bob. With closed eyes, the built young man nods his head.

Slim Bob coughed, and stood, as the wizard retook his seat. "Jenkins is right, my dear. If we don't take Namkitu down at the source, he can roam freely between disguises, gain more magical power, and end our attempts to guard these rings."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

She huffed as she muttered a few words underneath her breath, focussing on one of the guards closest to the wizard that had yelled at her.

"Fine. Just give me a few moments to get ready."

Spoiler
    Show
    Unnatural Lust to the guard. DC:19 Will or Passionately Kiss Jenkins

12. - Top - End - #132

Jenkins notices the spell, instructs his hand over towards the mate trying to kiss him, and instantly stops the guard. Being a medium sized expert, Jenkins overwhelmed the man with a force, and crushed the guard, making him unable to move, and therefore, kiss Jenkins.

Slim Bob slams his hands down onto the table, stands up in a rage, and claps. The two main guards that impede people from entering the room, open the doors in swift action, grasp both Beta and Reika, and expel them from the room.

"SHE WILL OBEY WHEN IN OUR ROOM!"

The guards shut the door, and resume their post, crossing polearms in front of the door, staying stern, and emotionless.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

"I don't know what you did, and i don't care. All that matters is that you don't screw up my paycheck. Am i understood?" He leans in close to the little girl and growls.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

"Alright, well i'm ready to go." she boredly yawned as if she didn't care what had happened not too long ago.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Beta knocks on the door, and then yells through it. "Just send us on our way to where ever we're going."

16. - Top - End - #136

The two guards expertly stop Beta from knocking upon the door. As the polearms crossed to his fist, the two guards pushed Beta's hand back. The one to the left of the doorway knocked once, and the door opened. The only thing to extend out was a note, and two pellets. Reika's name was on the note.

Reika
    Spoiler
    Show
    Should you ever want to come in, to assume another task, we await a full apology, with no bratty spells, or slacking demeanor. Child 'Prodigy' or not, no one disrespects the guild in such a way. Enclosed, is a lollipop. Please enjoy the cherry, as you finish the quest.

Be warned. The next time you enter, and we do not accept your apology, you are to be banished from not only this wing of the guild, but the entire guild itself. You are warned.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-28 at 11:50 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

"This is for you", he growled as he shoved the unread note at her. "Obviously they are angry at you, and the only thing you can do is apologize for whatever you did." He leaned in close to her and snarled softly. "If this effects me because of your immaturity, i can promise you that they will not find your corpse. Are we understood?" After her response, he will back away and watch her closely.
    Last edited by meemaas; 2012-11-29 at 06:25 PM.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

Ok. Ok, i'll apologize!" she spoke out loudly, her eyes closing for a moment clearly not wanting to apologize at all, she felt herself above the others that resided within the room, though this was clearly not true.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

"After we return, then." Beta threw the pellet at the ground, scooped up the girl, and carried her through the portal to their first destination.

20. - Top - End - #140

The two walk from a smoke of red particles, a man in a top hat, pure black jacket, and black tie, Slacks that are mirror color of the jacket, and a white shirt stands with a pocket watch in his hand. Tapping his foot much like a rabbit, he bounds over to the two, and talks in rabid speech.

"You're both late. Oh well, at least we have time. I'm Sven, the man you both are here to meet. The target, Namkitu, was seen in this area, due to an exhibit that portrays one of the two rings you were spoken of. If my intelligence is correct, it is the weaker of the two, however, in his hands, very devastating."

Sven nodded, and allowed no talking back, he turned, and began to bound off in the opposite direction just as fast as he had gotten to them. "I have two separate rooms for you both, and it is late. The exhibit is in two days, ergo, you will run surveillance and security. I will get you both in the morning."

The man pointed at the nearest hotel, a very nice building, with the names of the two guild members. All expenses paid, and meals for both, for as long as they attend the establishment.
    Last edited by Savior; 2012-11-29 at 07:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Beta dropped the girl on her feet, and started towards the hotel. Once he got to his own room, he took a look around, and immediately started going for a walk around the building. Taking a few hours to get himself a full lay of the land, afterwards he made his way back to his room and simply rested till morning.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

she huffed as she made her way to her own room, upset that she was sent to bed the very second she had arrived at their destination, regardless she went to bed and woke up in the morning as well as prepping her spells.

Spoiler
    Show
    Same Spells as last time.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Morning came and he did his morning exercises, only to arrive in the lobby a good hour before Reika did at all.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

once done with her usual morning activities she entered the main hall to be with beta, her poppet held in her right hand so she was fully prepared for anything

25. - Top - End - #145

Sven enters a good hour after Beta, but also after Reika. Inside, he checks his watch, and accompanies the two at a table.

"What we want you both to do, is guard, and espionage. Meaning, Beta. We want you to protect this ring. Even if we don't get Namkitu, we don't want him to get the ring here. Ergo, if things go bad, you kill anyone attempting to get the ring. As far as the guild is concerned, you're the only person able to hold that ring. Reika, you're a smaller target, therefore, i will accompany you, and we will go about town, trying to find Namkitu. He has a few tracks, and tells. you should be able to help me, while you have magic. Both of you understood?"

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

"So where is this ring that i'm protecting? I need to get an overview of my stakeout zone if i'm to protect it properly."

27. - Top - End - #147
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

Where in town are we going." she softly spoke with a tone of disinterest in the task she was given, even though she'd go with him anyway

28. - Top - End - #148

"Follow me, and you both shall see."

The Pale man stood up, righted his jacket and vest, and checked his pocket watch. He walked first out of the door, and turned right. Assuming the two followed him, for he never looked back, the swift, slender man found the right path, and came to a large, domed building. Inside, on the main floor, dead center, was a domed class case, with lights shining in it, as per magic.

"That is the ring of Wish. A powerful magic spell, that can end all war, or cease all peace. Beta, you are to stand guard, until I or Reika, come and collect you. It is not your job to ask questions, or care about after your post. Your job, is to condemn anyone, and I mean ANYONE, but yourself, from touching it. Got that?"

29. - Top - End - #149
    Dwarf in the Playground

Reika

" Ok, sounds simple enough."

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Beta

Beta pulled from within its resting place inside his shirt, a single crystal, which he carefully placed on top of the case. Whispering to it, he'd then move to stand directly in front of the case, listening and keeping his senses open for any movement, and reacting to such.

Spoiler
    Show

Beta perception check (1d20+18)[30]

Psicrystal Perception check (360 degrees) (1d20+18)[38]