New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Made my first Pathfinder Character... Is this right?

Hi guys. I'm very new to roleplaying. I made my first Pathfinder Character and was wondering if I did so correctly.

First off I made it using the Pathfinder Society rules. (Point Buy.)

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetvie...sheetid=678021

My main questions are.

1. Did I do feats right? I get two feats because I get 1 for human and 1 for fighter right? Or do you automatically get a feat for a new character? (Should I have 3 feats?) Answered and fixed.

2. I have two traits because it's a pathfinder society character. (I listed them under feats, is that acceptable?) Answered. Thanks.

3. Is my speed right? 30 for being human and I don't get an armor penalty because I'm wearing medium as a fighter, right?

Answered and put down to 20. Thanks.

4. Skills/ Skill ranks. Do I start off with 2 or 3? (Same reasoning as my first question.) Bonus was for human only. I do get two though right? Answered. Thanks.

5. What is nonlethal damage? I didn't really get all that from the book. Do I fill in something yet? Answered.

6. Anything else off?

Thank you so much for an assistance. For the record I did this all in an hour or so of reading/ learning. So I'm sure there are a few mistakes and I'm still going through a lot of the book.
    Last edited by shaken_bacon; 2013-10-18 at 01:42 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Made my first Pathfinder Character... Is this right?

If you're a human fighter, you get 1 for first level, 1 for human and 1 for fighter - so you should have 3.

Nonlethal damage is like exhaustion. Instead of dealing HP damage, the number goes up by the amount of damage you do, and if your nonlethal damage is higher than your HP you go unconscious, but you don't ever die from it (hence the name). It heals much faster than lethal damage.

Unarmed strikes do nonlethal, and you can also do nonlethal damage with a lethal weapon, but you need certain feats or perks for it or you take penalties to hit. But typically everything you fight in PFS you or your party is going to end up killing, so I wouldn't worry about it too much.
    Shield-eaters and world leaders have many likes alike

Freelance D20 Design Guy

3. - Top - End - #3

RogueGuy

Thanks. Hmm, now I have to go through and pick a new feat! Exciting!

Thanks for the help.

So basically Non-lethal is to knock out an opponent or something? "What do you mean my mothers fat?! I declare fisticuffs good sir!"

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by shaken_bacon View Post
    2. I have two traits because it's a pathfinder society character. (I listed them under feats, is that acceptable?)
    It's fine to have it under Feats, looks fine to me.

3. Is my speed right? 30 for being human and I don't get an armor penalty because I'm wearing medium as a fighter, right?
    That 'no-speed-penalty' thing is part of Armour Training, which is a class feature you don't get til your third level of Fighter. A class feature gives you nothing until you reach the level it's granted on. So at 1st level, the only class feature you have is that Fighter Bonus Feat.

4. Skills/ Skill ranks. Do I start off with 2 or 3? (Same reasoning as my first question.) Bonus was for human only. I do get two though right?
    Fighters get 2 skill points a level plus their Int Mod and humans get a bonus one each level. Since your character has a negative Int Mod, you lose one. So you've got it right with two.

6. Anything else off?
    Only thing that springs to mind is Favoured Class bonus. During character creation, you pick a class to be your character's Favoured Class (typically the class you take your first level in, but doesn't have to be). Every time you take a level in your favoured class, you get either a bonus hit point or a bonus skill point.
    Avatar of Gnar'tigor - former Star Player of the Hellborn Hooligans Blood Bowl team - by Savannah

Brilliant D&D song from Aussie comedy band Tripod.
    If anyone can find a better-quality version of that, let me know.

The Hellborn Hooligans Reborn

5. - Top - End - #5

RogueGuy

Thank you so much folks. Made changes to my character and think I've got it sorted out now.

Now I have to keep an eye on the recruiting thread he he. Can't wait to get playing. :)

6. - Top - End - #6

AssassinGuy

I'm no master of Pathfinder but if you want to go sword and shield, you might want to have a higher dex for two-weapon fighting so you have get an extra attack in the form of a shield bash when using a full-round attack and if you do that you will want Improved Shield Bash so you don't lose your shield bonus to defence after shield bashing someone.

Also here is a guide for fighters.
    Last edited by JHShadon; 2013-10-18 at 04:25 AM.