New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default PTA - The Future of Kanto (IC)

Melody
    The boat rocked back and forth on the waves on the early morning surf. You had decided to book passed on the ferry in the early morning so you could hopefully get to the professors lab early.

There were many flying Pokemon around the beach and docks that could be seen from the boat. No doubt trying to get a fish to eat from the fishermen who came back early in the morning. There were very few Pokemon in the water at this time of morning and because of this most people couldn't care less about the waters around the boat so long as they weren't flying over the sides of the boat.

The ship pulled into port at 6:00 am and even from the dock you could see it was a small town, only 15 or so houses, a Poke Center and the famous Oak laboratory, your destination. From the front of the boat and at the disembarkation ramp you could see the hero Red's statue in the middle of the town to symbolize where he began his journey as a trainer just over 80 years ago. His statue stands with his first Pokemon, Poliwrath next to him. His arm is pointed towards the bay with the other hand rested on his hip. He is surrounded by a small pond and a flow of water flies into it from the Poliwrath statues mouth.

Herbert
    Your alarm goes off at 6:00 am, waking you up with a small jump and probably both of your foster parents as well as their 2 year old daughter. And to be expected, as soon as the alarm stops you can hear the baby begin to cry.

Through your window you can see the sun is already partly risen and the light is coming through as a small flock of Wingull fly past your window so your room goes light, dark, light, dark, etc. until they have all gone.

Alexis
    Your alarm goes off at 6:00 am, waking you and probably would have woken your mother as well if she hadn't already left for work today.

Outside of your window you can see a small Pidgey on the window cill wanting a feeding as it pecks at the plaster holding to window in place.
    Last edited by Lejosh; 2012-11-14 at 02:07 AM.

Jingle Bells, Twilight Smells, Edward Ran Away,
    Bella Dies, Jacob Cries, Star Wars All The Way, HEY!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: PTA - The Future of Kanto (IC)

Herbert rouses and gets ready. Today was the big day! He rushes through his morning routine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody's legs still felt somewhat wobbly as the boat pulled into port, a combination of not having sea legs and freshly waking up. After waking herself up completely with a splash of water to her face, she makes her way to the bow of the ship. "Oh, such a small town." The sea breeze creased across her face and made her untied hair lift up for a few moments while she took in the view and savored the moment. "Humble beginnings." She smiled as tied her hair into a tail with a bow before she gathered up her things and departed from the ship.

She was grateful to be back on land when arrived on the docks, not that the trip had been a bad experience but she couldn't help to think that ship life has been exaggerated and a bit over romanticized. Perhaps it was an 'acquired taste' and maybe she'd could learn to enjoy the sea like the sailors seem to.

Her thoughts trailed off for a while until her eyes were fixed upon Red's statue. 'So, i am really in Red's home town.' She marveled at the statue. 'Locals must have a strong sense of pride.' She nodded to the statue before she continued onwards into pallet town heading towards the laboratory she saw from the ship, excited to begin her journey as a trainer.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexis slowly stumbles out of bed, walking over to the window in her old sleeping tshirt that was easily three sizes too big. With a quick flick, the lock opens and she slides the window open, looking at the pidgey with a long sigh. "You know, I do have a working alarm. You don't need to wake me every morning." A small smirk crosses her face as she teases the small Pidgey while she holds out a handful of birdseed that she keeps in a jar on her desk.

As the Pidgey eats out of her hand, she glances around the small quiet town as the sun starts rising on it. A big smile crosses her face as she realizes what day it is. [COLOR="rgb(255, 0, 255)"]"It's day one Kit. You think I got a shot at getting my own statue in the middle of the town?"[/COLOR] The Pidgey almost immediately finishes the seed and flies away without a peep as she finishes her question. "Yeah, you and Dad seem to think the same thing about me being a trainer..."

With the quick gloom of the rejection from Pidgey passed, Alexis runs around the house wildly, getting cleaned up and dressed while tidying up a bit as she's at it. Twenty after six, and she bolts through the door, zipping up her hoodie and straitening her hat with her toast hanging from her mouth, rushing to Oak's lab.

5. - Top - End - #5

RedWizardGuy

Herbert
    As you go through your morning routine you see a few people heading towards the Oak laboratory. Only a handful but enough to peak your interest. One who had 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip. A girl who looked so excited she was half skipping towards the lab and a second girl who was eating toast as she walked.

Melody
    As you clear the crowd of people leaving the dock and begin to head towards the lab you can see 2 other people already walking there. One seems to already have 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip and a girl who seems to be wearing a hat to big for her and eating some toast. You can't really tell whether the girl is disorganized or just in a rush.

Alexis
    As you continue to eat your toast and head towards the laboratory you notice the 2 other people who look at you before turning back to where they are heading. One seems to already have 3 Poke balls hanging from his hip and a girl who seemed to be so excited to begin her journey that she was half skipping towards the lab

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Curious, Herbert will follow them to the Professor's place.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

'Wonder if they're going to start their own journeys today as well?' Melody thought until she saw one of them already had some pokeballs hanging from his waist. 'Or not? She shrugged before continuing along, thinking that answers would come to her when she reached the lab.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #8
    Firbolg in the Playground

These must be the others the Professor was talking about. Hopefully this won't take too long.
    Yarrow continued into the lab.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

9. - Top - End - #9

RedWizardGuy

Melody and Herbert
    As you walk closer to the lab you can see a pink leaved tree sitting on a small mound of dirt. Next to it is a small sign saying In memoery of Saur. May his tree live forever.
    Next to the tree is the door of the lab which is sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distored voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

Yarrow
    As you get closer to the lab you get an even better look at the other 2 people there and make note of it.
    The door of the lab sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distored voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

10. - Top - End - #10

Curious, but cautious. I extend the range of my telepathy, trying to identify the people in the lab.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexis chokes down the rest of her toast as she catches up with the others, walking up close to the group and the door.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Herbert will knock and stick his head in. "Hello? Someone there?"

13. - Top - End - #13

RedWizardGuy

Alexis
    As you walk closer to the lab you can see a pink leaved tree sitting on a small mound of dirt. Next to it is a small sign saying In memory of Saur. May his tree live forever.
    Next to the tree is the door of the lab which is sitting slightly open and from inside you can hear a man arguing with what sounds like a deeper and slightly distorted voice although you can't make out what they are saying.

Yarrow
    As you try to reach into the room telepathically you are immediately hit with a strong physic force that pushes you back from the door. You can tell that who ever in there must be a very powerful physic to be able to do that to you.

Herbert
    As you look inside the door there are 2 figures in the dark room that has only 1 light on. Because of the light you can see a man who is wearing a white scientist's coat, a white top, white pants and white shoes. The other figure is to dark to see, but you can tell he only has 3 fingers and is horribly misshapen to the point of having huge hips with animal like legs and a tail of some sort.

Who goes there? Asks the slightly distorted voice to all of you but you can't tell which one of them is talking.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, Herbert here. I think I was called here by the professor?"

15. - Top - End - #15

Yarrow was confused.
    Why would such a powerful psychic be here? Especially one which can not only detect other psychics, but resist telepathy.

Noticing that a Kantoan was looking into the lab.
    "What can you see?"
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody was curious as what was going on but decided to ask about what was going on. "I-i've come from Vermillion." She announced sheepishly. "My mother told me coming here would help me start my journey." She then looked at the other who seemed to be as curious as her. "Di...did we come at a bad time?"
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17

RedWizardGuy

The creature waved you all inside saying "No, now is a perfect time. The professor here was just telling me that he was getting a group together to go on a new journey and I was saying how I would love to meet you all before you leave"

The professor waves his hands too saying "Come in and meet an old friend of my family and Red's as well."

18. - Top - End - #18

Yarrow strided in, eager to see the psionically talented individual.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Herby walks in, glad to know he isn't in the wrong place.

"Herby here."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexis walks in behind the group, wiping the few last crumbs from her mouth with her thumb before walking into view of the door. She stands behind the rest of the group, not wanting to interrupt anything as she tries to take in as much as she can about the lab and the two figures.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

"Suzuki Melody," She formally introduced herself as she stepped into the lab, curious of the mysterious guest.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

RedWizardGuy

As you all walk in the strange figure waves an arm and all of the lights in the room turn on. Now you can see that the figure seems to have the body more of a Pokemon than that of a man.

"This is Mewtwo. Now as you all know most Pokemon are actually, for lack of better wording, stupid. Now some have a higher intelligence such as physic types and some others, but Mewtwo here is something different. His intelligence surpasses that of even most humans. Because of this he walks around like one of us nowadays, talking to people and having a life. He even owns a house..." The Professor said walking over to the group, droning on about ore facts about Mewtwo

"I believe Luke, that they are here to start their journey's, not hear about how I was created and what I do with my life." Mewtwo interrupted touching his shoulder lightly.

"Hmmm. Oh yes, I'm sorry. Come over here please and we can get you all started on your journey's." Said the Professor waving you all over to a nearby machine.

Yarrow
    Spoiler
    Show
    You remember the machine from yesterday, it's the same one the professor was working on.

23. - Top - End - #23

Yarrow followed Luke's signal and swiftly moved closer to the apparatus, but his eyes kept drifting to Mewtwo.
    No wonder he resisted my telepathy. He might even be so powerful that he could use his powers on Moros.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-11-15 at 05:26 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

'A Mewtwo?' Melody was in awe of the creature before her. Simply amazed by it, she kept staring it until the professor caught her attention as she made her way over to machine.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Herby approaches without saying a word. He's overcome with awe at the presence before them.

26. - Top - End - #26

RedWizardGuy

Professor Luke and Mewtwo stood on one side of the machine and the 4 of you stood on the other. The professor and Mewtwo both pressed a button each and the machines top opened revealing 3 Poke balls. "In each of these Poke ball's" The professor said "Is one of the original Pokemon the the trainers Red, Blue and Green began their journeys with. They are Bulbasaur, Squirtle and Charmander. By using Mewtwo's genes mixed with that of the genes left over by these Pokemon we were able to recreate them with the same power that they originally had before meeting their trainers. These are the 3 Pokemon that you, Alexis Kolto, Herbert Jonesbrook and Melody Suzuki will begin your journeys with."

"The world has become a dangerous place." Added Mewtwo swiftly "It would be a great advantage to all of you if you were to travel together, that way you can fight in a way that will cover each other weaknesses. By staying together you will find it much easier to work on each of your goals, even if they are all individual ones that the others disagree with."

"Each of the Pokemon has also been scanned and Mewtwo has done the same with the 3 of you to choose which pairs will go best together, but first." The Professor said pulling out several cards and small red devices. "These are your Pokedex's and your trainer cards. These will allow you to rest at any Poke centers and heal your Pokemon free of cost. They will also tell gym leaders that you can challenge them for gym badges without having to do some of their tests first."

The professor holds out the items for the 3 of you "Please take them and then we shall give you your Pokemon."

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

Herbert will accept the item solemnly. "It is an honor."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody accepts the pokedex and trainer card as she looked around at the other soon to be trainers around her while she waited patiently for her first pokemon. She was excited, but still patient enough to wait a few more minutes.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29

RedWizardGuy

After you had all taken your trainer cards and pokedex's Mewtwo spoke up "The first Pokemon, Squirtle will be partnered with Alexis." As he said this the Poke ball flew off the device in front of you and flew into your hands.

"Charmander, the second Pokemon, will go to Melody." The same as Alexis, the Poke ball flew from the machine into your hands.

"And finally Bulbasaur will go to Herby." The Poke ball flew into your palms before professor Luke continued.

"As you journey through this world you will see in many ways how it has changed and you will be told by people you meet how things used to be. If you are lucky you might even meet some people who knew Red, Blue or Green when they were children and saw them battle. You will experience great acts of kindness and witness acts of Pokemon cruelty beyond what you thought was possible. But you will be able to strive through it and overcome all of the hard times that come your way. Go now on your journey and make me proud." Professor Luke said, a tear running down his cheek as he looked with hope at the 4 of you.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dragonsage, if you could please edit your character sheet to say you have Charmander, sorry, it was just easier to change your Pokemon than the others.
    Last edited by Lejosh; 2012-11-16 at 05:32 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30

Upon seeing the professor grant the others Pokemon, a pit of anger grew in Yarrows stomach.
    They get pokemon for free. They didn't even have to fight them.

He tried to hide his wrath.
    Show