New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: PTA - The Future of Kanto (IC)

Melody catches the charmander ball in her hands and grins widely, excited to have her first own pokemon. "Thank you so much Professor!" She held the ball close to her chest and gave a polite bow to both Professor Luke and the strange being called Mewtwo. "I'll definitely won't waste this opportunity."

She then looked back down to her ball and couldn't wait to meet her new partner, but suddenly realized something. "Um...Mr. Mewtwo? If you're a pokemon, then you wouldn't mind us scanning you would you?" She held up her pokedex as she asked.

Spoiler
    Show
    Edited my character sheet. No worries, i don't mind having charmander since everyone else really wanted the other two more.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by MesiDoomstalker View Post
    The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

League playlist - Hey, wanna check out a buncha people be idiots on league?

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Herby will take the ball with solemnity. "Thank you for this honor."
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Professor Luke looked scared for a second after Melody's question, but turning to Mewtwo he saw him smiling.

"You may get that privilege one day young trainer, the day when you can best me in a battle, 1-on-1. Very few have ever gotten that privilege of that battle and only one so far has bested me in a battle. But maybe one day you will get that chance for a battle." Mewtwo said, a large smile on his face. "If there is anything else you wish to ask before you leave feel free to, I will answer any question you ask to the best of my abilities."

Jingle Bells, Twilight Smells, Edward Ran Away,
    Bella Dies, Jacob Cries, Star Wars All The Way, HEY!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Herby has no more questions and is ready to leave.
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

5. - Top - End - #35
    Firbolg in the Playground

"Professor. Why did you even call me here if all your going to do is give away powerful pokemon to people who haven't even been in a battle before."
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

6. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody puts away her pokedex, a little disappointed but mostly feeling odd seeing mewtwo smile. "Oh...okay. Then I guess we should be heading out soon." She turned to the other new trainers and gave them a shy wave. "Looking forward to traveling with ya." She added before the other turning to the other guy, who seemed miffed about this gathering. She was curious as to his purpose here if he already had pokemon.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    The duo walk off ending up at the bar. The Bartender gives you a coy smile. Anything for the young lady, sir? Tarja can tell his intentions were less than pleasant and presumptuously forward.
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #37

RedWizardGuy

"Well..." The professor said, slightly saddened. "I was hopping you might journey with the group, but from the way you have been acting here... I guess you wouldn't really like to do that would you. It was of course always your choice, but I thought you might be able to teach the group the basics and help them out as they began travelling with their Pokemon and showing them how it isn't as easy as it seems. But I guess you don't really like that idea do you?" Asked Luke.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexis nods as thanks to the professor and to Mewtwo as she catches the pokeball, then gets a slight puzzled look on her face. "Umm... Professor, if I may. You said we would experience great acts of pokemon cruelty. Is that to be expected on a journy, or is something wrong?"

9. - Top - End - #39

Yarrow's voice was cold, but possessed a slight glee.
    "No, unfortunately I do not like that idea. Teaching isn't my forte, as most find my tongue too blunt, unless that is the cruelty you speak of. As for showing them that is it isn't easy, wouldn't it be better without me? And finally, I have my own goals to attain, they would likely slow me down."

Yarrow started to leave the room, but stopped before reaching the door.
    "I am sorry, but I see no reason to go with them."
    Show

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, ma'am, if you feel no need to go with us, don't bother. People survive being new trainers all the time without a nursemaid."

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, you don't have go with us if you don't want to. We have the three of us traveling together, I'm sure we can manage on our own."
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #42

RedWizardGuy

"STOP ARGUING" Yelled Mewtwo telepathically. The power was enough to bring all of you to your knees in pain.
    "The reason we suggested that you travel together is the same reason we told you about the act's of Pokemon cruelty. After Red took on Team Rocket and defeated them other horrible trainers challenged him. But after he won the Indigo Plato everyone was to afraid he would get them if they did something along the lines of Team Rockets goals. But in the time since Red has been dead groups have formed. Their goals we don't know but they are all linked. The grunts of the groups are easy pickings, but their Generals are powerful. Powerful enough that the Pokemon Militia's have been reconstructed. In the time before Red there was the time of the Pokemon Wars. This was a time when people used their Pokemon as weapons of war. The Pokemon Militia's were designed to keep regions safe from those we were at war with. Nobody is still alive from those times but that hasn't stopped these militia's from being reformed by town's people trying to protect themselves. We believed the more people you had in your group the safer you all would have been. Now if you wish to travel separably then do so, but do not argue and start being rude. You may need one another at some point." After finishing his rant Mewtwo teleported away without warning leaving the whole room deathly silent.

"I know you may not like each other very much." Professor Luke said in a soft voice. "But Mewtwo is right. This is a time of great danger where you should all be wary, sleeping with one eye open every night. Go now but please, don't argue anymore." With that Luke went into another room locking to door behind him and the room silent once more.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody picked herself up after Mewtwo suddenly teleported away. She was a bit confused, because she wasn't trying to argue that she didn't want the other guy in the traveling group. She just didn't want to force someone to travel with her if they didn't want to. "Well in any case the choice is still yours, if you want to travel with us." She then turned to the other two and added. "I guess we're done here so I'll be outside getting acquainted with my new pokemon."

With that, she strode out of the laboratory and sent out her new charmander. She examined the little fire lizard and was able to conclude it was a female. "Hiya little girl. I we're going to be partners from now on." She petted the new lizard. "Guess you're going to need a name. So imma call you....Shyvana." She hoped the pokemon liked her new name.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Herby will leave without further comment. Why did he have to make that nursemaid crack? He just had to say something, didn't he?

Oh well, he had three more friends now than he did when he woke up today. Today definitely counts as a good day. Once outside, Herby will call out Viriza and attempt to link himself to her mind.

Spoiler
    Show
    costs 10 hp
    target number is 25 - (d%-3)[85] - Edit: make that -16 for a 72 total...

of course, still far too low for a successful channel...
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-17 at 05:57 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

Placing his palm on the ground he slowly rose.
    His anger twisted into spite towards that boy with the Bulbasaur.
    Madam. Madam. And a Nursemaid. What a childish ass.

Yarrow then strided out of the lab, and continued past the two who lay outside. He was headed towards the path north of the town.
    I can't waste anymore time today.
    Show

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody's eyes widen when looks over to other boy and recognized what he was attempting to do. She was practically bouncing when saw this. "Oh my, I wasn't expecting to run into another mystic at all! At least no so soon on the journey." She wasn't aware of her own bouncing and Shyvana looked upon her new trainer with some confusion.

Spoiler
    Show
    Should we have a edupad or something? Also plans, you subtract the Str or Wis stat not the modifier from the channel roll
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-11-17 at 05:56 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

"Um, yeah, I gues. still not very good at it, though."

Spoiler
    Show
    with GM permission, I can set up an edupad for us, I guess.

also, thanks for the tip. This is my first time to play a shaman that didn't start with channel friend, and that was a year ago. I guess it shows
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-11-17 at 05:59 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

"Ah, I see. Well i'm not very good at it ether. I've been having to teach myself how to control my abilities." Melody said before turning her attention back to her Charmander. "Well I suppose since we're going to be partner might as well get to know each other better." She then kneels before the lizard. "And and this is the best way I know how," She hold out her hand in front of the Charmander. "Don't worry this won't hurt...you."

She then begins to strain as she concentrates and attempts to reach out her mind and spirit to touch Shyvana's.

Spoiler
    Show
    Channel- cost 10 hp
    (1d100-16)[10] vs chamander's capture rate (which should be 20)
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

RedWizardGuy

Melody
    As you enter Shyvana's mind you notice that there isn't much of her life. The only memories earlier than this time are of being in a vat of liquid and then waking up to see you. You can tell she is a little weird-ed out by you (Because of your bouncing earlier) but apart from that she gets an alright vibe from you. At the same time she is also going through your own mind, looking at your past as though it were a movie of some sort.

Herby
    Although you were unable to connect with Viriza you still got a small emotional grasp telling you that she was interested by you and the other 'humans' around. You can tell just by looking at the girl who had spoken to you just a second ago that she had successfully connected with her Charmander.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Emboldened by his companion's efforts, Herby will try again himself.

Hello, Viriza, can you hear me? he thinks at her, straining to connect with her.

Spoiler
    Show
    capture rate is 20, costs 10 hp - (d%-16)[12]

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody was thrown off by the memories of the vat of liquid, but before she gave it much thought the images of herself through the eyes of the charmander caused her to blush.'Oh my. I was bouncing again...' She then starts to scratch Shyvana under her chin, giving the little thing some affection. 'Don't worry about the bouncing. I...I tend to do that when I am excited. Been doing it since i was a little girl and I'm not always aware of it.'

She fully permits Shyvana to go through her memories, seeing how it's only fair and kind of the point of forming a link in the first place. 'Do you want stay out of your ball for a while and stretch your legs? I'm sure you're curious about our other traveling companions.'
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #52

RedWizardGuy

Herby
    Upon connecting with Virisa the only memories of her are of being in a vat of liquid and then waking up when you summoned her. And then of a strange girl bouncing. You being to feel her then going through all of your memories. Just like a movie you can see them like a watermark on a picture flashing over your eyes.

Melody
    As you said the words 'stretch your legs' Shyvana began to bounce around similarly to how you were only a few moments beforehand. You begin to understand why you were paired with her.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

Herby lets his new partner peruse his mind freely. After giving her a moment to take it all in, he'll contact her telepathically and say, Good morning, Viriza. How are you today?

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody giggles as she rests her hand on Shyvana's head. 'I'll take that as a yes then. Certainly energetic aren't you?' She watched the adorableness of the bouncing charmander and then began to wonder if this is how other people saw her when she gets like this. 'So we will be on our way as soon as everyone's ready to go.'
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #55
    Pixie in the Playground

BlackDragon

Alexis has been standing against the wall of the lab with her squirtle cuddled up in her arms and almost ready for a nap. She has been looking on curiously and amazed at the powers of these two and how quickly they are bonding with their pokemon. She then looks down at her squirtle, wishing she could form the same bond, then notices the little squirtle snuggling up closer to her in her arms, and realized she may be making her own bond in her own way, or the squirtle was just tired or lazy.

"Hmm... Shyvana and Viriza? Then how about you're my little Mizu, hey boy?" Alexis smiles as the squirtle nods, or possibly just snuggles in closer.

26. - Top - End - #56

RedWizardGuy

Herby
    Virisa is shocked for a moment with the telepathic communication and then communicates back saying "RUN, CIRCLES, PLAY, FOOD." You can tell by the wording that her intelligence is very low but you can still tell what her meaning is.

Melody
    Shyvana nods to you and then moves closer to your leg, sniffing you.

Alexis
    You can easily tell Mizu likes you as he is half asleep in your arms.

All
    The shade of the Lab you are all sitting next to begins move and both Herby and Melody are in the sun. You can judge that is around 10:00am now as the town is full of life as one boat pulls out of the harbor and another enters creating another crowd of people who emerge from the boat around the town.

Several children from the boat come over and awe at your Pokemon from a distance before snapping a quick photo and running away to show their parents what they had seen.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"Unless there's a rush, let's spend some time bonding with our new friends."

True to his word, Herby will send to his new bulbasaur, Yes, food, games, running! he'll send back and begin a game of chase with Viriza. His dex entry on bulbasaur say they both eat plants and are phototrophs. After a while of running around in the sunlight, he'll keep an eye out for some tall grass for her to munch in.

hm... might want to get some pokeballs if I'm going to get some more friends...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

Melody permits Shyvana to sniff her before standing up and took notice of the time of day. "Yeah guess there's no real hurry at the moment." She nodded in agreement. 'Lets go on that walk now, check out the town a bit more before we go.' She telepathically spoke to Shyvana before started to stroll around town. 'Anything you want to do, by chance?' She asked.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #59

RedWizardGuy

Herby
    You know there is no Poke Mart in Pallet town, althogh you might be able to get a all from the dock shops, but it is doubtful. You know your best bet would be to head over to Viridian City to buy some Pokeballs.

Melody
    Shyvana follows you as you head into town. When you ask her what she wants to do she responds by saying "WALK, RUN" telepathically to you.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

'We can do some running.' Melody telepathically nodded, before speeding up into a light sprint running after the other mystic named Herby. She didn't know the town very well and decided she might as well follow someone else.
    Last edited by Dragonsage; 2012-11-18 at 06:37 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Lovely Couple
    Spoiler
    Show