New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Template to make a familiar fey-like

I'm working on a homebrew PrC that, among other abilities, makes your familiar fey-like, but I'm having trouble finding an appropriate template for it. Half-fey is close, but I'm worried it might be too powerful for a 8/10 casting PrC that also gives DR/Cold Iron, additional spells known, and boosts to Illusion/Enchantment DCs. Are there any other templates that might work?
    Author of The Auspician's Handbook and The Tempestarian's Handbook for Spheres of Power.
    Ask me (or the other authors) anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Well, of course I'm paranoid about everything. Hell, with Jeff as DM, I'd be paranoid even if we were playing a game set in The Magic Kiddie Funland of Perfectly Flat Planes and Sugar Plums.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Spring Greenman by Comissar/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper/Winter Greenman by gurgleflep

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Template to make a familiar fey-like

Fey Touched ? [FF]
    LA +1, but its a pale shadow of Half-Fey

Other than that the Fey templates are all high LA, low value.

Though there is the Unseelie Fey template, but that is missing an important detail ─ so YMMV

ED: Savage Species split the Half-Fey template into 2 racial levels, so you could also just apply one level of this ? Its available online, here.
    Last edited by nedz; 2012-11-15 at 12:31 PM.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook