New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Avatar Thingy

1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Avatar Thingy

Clicking on the last page of the current 3.5 RAW questions thread, I just got this message from Chrome:

Warning: Something's Not Right Here!

www.giantitp.com contains content from forums.mtgsalvation.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified forums.mtgsalvation.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on forums.mtgsalvation.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.
    ...guessing one of the site ads includes compromised content? The rest of the thread/forum works fine.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

No, the most likely case here is someone in that thread had an avatar or link on the mtgsalvation forums (And that mtgsalvation recently had their forums hacked)- I don't think MTG salvation has done any advertising here, given that there isn't a large Magic:The Gathering playing population here.
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Report Inappropriate Ads Here

Quote Originally Posted by A_S View Post
    Clicking on the last page of the current 3.5 RAW questions thread, I just got this message from Chrome:

...guessing one of the site ads includes compromised content? The rest of the thread/forum works fine.
    That is caused by RMS Oceanic's avatar, which is hosted on a site chrome thinks distributes malware. It is not an ad issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

Default Re: Avatar Thingy

This has nothing to do with advertising, so I've moved it out of that thread.

This is caused by an avatar which appears to be hosted at that site. My guess, from the quick searches I've done, is that the advertising on their site allowed advertisers to perform unwanted actions and it was reported.

It should be noted that the advertisers on this site cannot do anything except show a picture. The picture goes to Project Wonderful, which shows it here with a link to their site. It cannot perform any actions.

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak