New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

[Ponyville - Scavenging!]

"Anything that isn't rotted wood, really. Guns, ammo, grenades, barding, and medical supplies are the good finds, though."

Pineapple continues digging through random things, hoping to find something useful.

[Tag: Bob, DEB]

2. - Top - End - #332
    Barbarian in the Playground

Fillydelphia

Elestre looked to Stern, eyes narrowing slightly. "School here? Interesting."

He didn't apparently care about the water, being more into scholarly things.

New Appleoosa

Sparky nodded. "Great!"

He glanced at Mags and Steel. "Let's get ready for the trip."

Ponyville

Bella, grinning in triumph, pummeled the pony's underbelly with every ounce of force she could muster. She didn't want to get trapped under her enemy; that would be really bad, especially with as powerful a pony as Lamnios.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Stern nods as the gates open, and she gestures with a wingtip for the ponies to follow. "Yup. Red Eye's got schools set up for all the kids. Slave, slaver, griffin, pony, doesn't matter. 'The Youth of the Wasteland are our Future. They deserve...' bla bla bla," she shrugs, apparently having heard Red Eye prattle on about kids and futures far too many times to bother repeating it.

The gates open into a large street. Despite the fact that the buildings on either side of the street are ravaged and mostly destroyed, much of the rubble is gone, or has been swept to the sides in neat piles. For a ruined city, Fillydelphia actually looks "nice." Stern continues to slink along, with Chamber trotting alongside her while Perry and the medic griffin bring up the rear, with the three "guests" of Red Eye smack dab in the middle.

"Red Eye keeps the kiddos safe, well-fed, well-cared for, and of course, well-educated," the slaver queen explains with an air of boredom. "Classes on history, science, magic... Y'know, the sort of stuff they'd get from a real classroom from before the War, or in one of those Stables," she explains. "Of course, they probably don't teach self-defense against Wasteland threats down in those glorified bunkers..."

As the group progresses through the city, they catch glimpses of the city's various inhabitants. A pair of heavily armored slavers staggering out of a bar, hootin' and hollerin' in drunken amusement. An old mare selling roasted iguanas on the side of one road, haggling with a gruff looking merchant over prices. As they pass by one building, they may catch a glimpse through the window of a scarred, armor-clad stallion sitting next to a bed, telling a bed-time story to the twin fillies tucked in for the night.

My goodness, such a wretched hive of scum and villainy, isn't it?

A shadow passes overheard.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #334

[Fillydelphia]

Oh thanks Elestre! now you made Stern explain why schools would depress the colt even more and actually make it even worse for him, spoony bard!

Anyways, the colt just would remain silent, walking the whole way, he just looks very very gloomy though.... He wouldn't do much besides walk along, that's kinda all can do, or wants to do, besides just plain waking up from all of it or die and deprive the wasteland of what he could do.... Nah, he couldn't do anything, his mark doesn't even seem to mean anything and everything he did was wrong, even the ones he was trying to fight actually built a lot more than he could with their.... Bad stuff; and what if he went down? just another one down, he didn't have any value. He could feel like a worthless failure, him with his principles, what was the point?

His head now would be held lower than before, kinda just plain destroyed then....
    Last edited by Luka; 2013-01-08 at 11:19 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #335
    Firbolg in the Playground

Fillydelphia

Rumors... are kind of creepy about the schools though. Of course pretty much anypony with a school likely uses some sort of mind education. Finder remains silent, wanting to not attract attention from the a-word.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:44 PM

"Keep your 'witticisms' to your miserable self. I don't think I can ever be a bundle of sunshine ever again. What do you even feel you accomplished by killing my brother?" He said all SRS BSN glowered as they soon approached the exit. He nodded at his companion who then wobbled ahead of them and climbed out first, in order to make sure Maul Steel didn't try to run away.
    ==========

New Appleloosa-Absolutely Everything

"And for the record, we are going to see if that griffon is here in town still right? We could use every little bit of information for what we should expect there." Steel Creel said looking at Sparky.

==========

New Appeloosa-Commons' House

Well Bright Eyes would find herself and the several train cart tall ramshackle building known as the Commons. Entering inside the unlocked mostly public establishment she would come face to face with a large stallion who immediately grabbed her hooves with his and shook them vigorously.

"Hey howdy hey, name's Common Sense, this is my establish, a pleasure to meet ya, ya looking for a place to stay too?" He said rather quickly and in one breath.
    Last edited by Benson; 2013-01-09 at 03:45 AM.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Well Bright Eyes would find herself and the several train cart tall ramshackle building known as the Commons. Entering inside the unlocked mostly public establishment she would come face to face with a large stallion who immediately grabbed her hooves with his and shook them vigorously.

"Hey howdy hey, name's Common Sense, this is my establish, a pleasure to meet ya, ya looking for a place to stay too?" He said rather quickly and in one breath.
    ((I was hoping I could just gloss this over... Oh well.))

"Hiya! You can call me Bright Eyes. I'm just here to check up on some refugees staying here, see how they're doing, let them know I'll be off delivering medical supplies... You know!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    ((I was hoping I could just gloss this over... Oh well.))

"Hiya! You can call me Bright Eyes. I'm just here to check up on some refugees staying here, see how they're doing, let them know I'll be off delivering medical supplies... You know!"
    "Oh them!...Why that lively bunch is upstairs in one of the rooms. Oh, and when ya seem them, ask if they want to join me and the wife in a game of charades." Common Sense heartily said as he eventually let go of her hooves.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Ponyville - Scavenging!]

"Anything that isn't rotted wood, really. Guns, ammo, grenades, barding, and medical supplies are the good finds, though."

Pineapple continues digging through random things, hoping to find something useful.

[Tag: Bob, DEB]
    Eledwhen boings up ad down as she searches for stuff!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:44 PM

Maul diverts his eyes away as the guard reminds him of his bloodline "I don't know. I thought I'd be the hero and save my mom....." He grows deathly quiet, all funny business sucked clean out of him from where the sun don't shine. Lowering his head he follows in suit, the smallest inkling of hope that Tough Stomp was waiting on the sidelines to swoop in and knock the guards unconcious.

As unlikely as that was.

[TAG Benson]

Ponyville- Beatdown

Lamianos squealed in pain, his voice breaking the baritone barrier and going into a high pitched shrill. He rolled over, clutching at his pride and joy as he throbbed in pain from her thoroughly pounding in his underside. Tears swelling up he forces them back, and a sense of clarity overcomes him. Not a kind of clarity in which the mind reaches a state of peace. The kind of clarity in which the entirety of Lamianos' combat centric training over the years pools together and gets its act together instead of joking around anymore.

Looking down to his underside he thinks "This musn't register on an emotional level..... First distract her, then take aerial advantage, dive in, she'll attempt wild buck. Counter with foreleg and shove tibia forward and twist, cracking the joint. Spit in eye with blood, disorientated she'll attempt a wild buck, sidestep and rend into leg with fangs. Twist, fracturing fibula and cutting vessels. Uppercut jaw, drop hoof lower and thrust it into her left rib cage. Block right swing, punch in right rib cage, step forward onto leg, step back to avoid wild flailing. Stomp lower left leg, twist hoof, drop to all fours and land upper right hoof onto her lower right leg. Repeat downward hoof slam. Finish with jab to lower jaw. In conclusion, temporarily crippled legs, fractured ribs, bleeding, and dislocated jaw. Full physical recovery 6 months, full psychological recovery 6 years. Ability to assault a Stallions necessities, eliminated."

And with that he picked himself up slowly, clapping his hooves together as he smiles, walking forward towards her to say "Good show, you really handed me over there. My, it's so rare for me to meet a mare quite as tough as you," He pulls her close for a surprise kiss, then shoves her backwards as he proceeds to systematically beat her into a pulp, blocking her predictable cheap shots and brute force attacks; Looking over her beaten down body he spits and says "Bitch." Before turning away, his wings unfurling again so that he could go find Eledwhen to make sure she was safe. Sweat beading down his whole body from the fight, he haggardly takes a few deep breathes before lifting off, gliding about to oversee the whole town.

[TAG Drowlord, DEB, Blade]
    Last edited by Tychris1; 2013-01-09 at 06:37 PM.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #341

Fillydelphia

The colt nodded to Stern, actually warming to the topic a bit. But Luka's head hanging low caught his attention, and he cast his eyes up towards the clouded sky.

Why? I can't even try to comfort him now? Great, Wasteland, just great.

Elestre then noticed the shadow, pivoting his head around to look at it.

New Appleoosa

The pegasus stretched a wing, sending dust motes rippling in powerful strokes. "That's still an idea, but we should meet him quickly; every moment we lose is a moment he might leave town."

Ponyville

Bella feebly spat at the chimera as he flew away, then tried to drag herself towards Doc Patch's tent. A moan escaped her mouth as she did so.

"'At 'ucken..."

Patch stepped lightly out of the opening. "I truly pity you, Bella. You've really challenged one too many ponies in your day. First me and then him. He beat your hide off of you, and you come to me to heal you now? Really? Now, come here. You will not die, but neither will you get off free. In fact, I might have to amputate one of those ribs of yours, and it just so happens that I don't have any painkillers right now. It might hurt a bit, but you can take that, right?"

The doctor leaned over the mangled mare as he grinned, his eyes bright with merriment. Bella tried to scramble away, but he pinned her gently down and pulled her into the tent, closing the flap behind him.
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

12. - Top - End - #342

Ponyville

One of the ponies going around looking for somepony might run into Razoreye. He's got a wolf corpse draped over his torso, the fleshy tasty kind, not the wooden abomination kind. There is some blood coming out of puncture marks in its neck. One can assume on what happened to it.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

13. - Top - End - #343

[Ponyville]

Eledwhen sees her dad flying over the city!

She pokes Pineapple. Lamia is over our heads.

[TagBlade and Tychris]
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- The desert above the Underground Facility 5:45 PM

The warrior just glowered at him though he didn't quite catch what Maul had said. He just poked him with his spear to make him move faster. There was a pent up rage inside him towards this outsider who killed his brother. There was also an annoyance towards his partner for letting that bastard in without confiscating Maul's weapon. He would deal with him harshly and severely for his poor judgement call.

When they climbed out of the hatch, there was indeed no one to greet him just the blazing hot sun above.
    ==========================

New Appleloosa

And so Steel Creel, Stormy Skies and Mags left the quaint shop and headed back to his place where they got themselves ready for the trip.

"Mags, you wait here in case Bright Eyes gets here before we get back alright?...You're in charge."
    He said with a knowing smile that he said the magic words.

Mags excitedly saluted. 'Yes sir, yes, I'll keep the house safe and sound."

And so Stormy Skies and Steel Creel were off again.

"I might suggest Apple Martini's place first...its like the first place stop for a drink." Steel Creel said.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

The shadow belonged to a blue alicorn, which seemed to just be flying overhead on a patrol or something, going about its own business.

Before long, the group arrives in front of an old hotel, which seems to have been partially rebuilt. Some of the windows have even been replaced, and through them, the group can see a few slavers playing cards in the lobby.

Stern leads the group inside, and the slavers at the table immediately leap up and snap to attention. One's a young unicorn stallion in leather armor (blue fur, black mane), another is a middle-aged earth mare in a kevlar vest (purple coat, pink mane), and the third is an old, bearded earth stallion in spike-covered metal armor (light brown fur, silver beard and mane).

"I got a job for you three," Stern states flatly, giving them each and even stare. "Red Eye's guests need a place to stay. You're going to provide them with hospitality and protection. Nopony messes with them, got it?"

The three slavers silently nod. "Good. Give 'em the best room. If they want a drink, give 'em a drink. If they want a snack, give 'em a snack. And if they wanna play cards, let 'em - and don't cheat," she frowns.

The three slavers exchange looks, shrug, and then nod to Stern. The slaver queen turns back to look at Red Eye's three guests. "Here you go, then. Rooms are upstairs, if you need anything, just ask. A Talon will be here shortly with your dinner. Any last questions or concerns?"

She notices Swift is still lurking nearby. "Oh right, jewels. Hacksaw?"

The griffin medic nods, and pulls a small leather pouch out of his backpack. He tosses the bag to Stern, who in turn tosses it to the ghoul ninja. "There's your pay," she gruffly informs him.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville - Long Overdue Scavenging]

Digging time!
    Now that it has been appropriately noticed.

The only things of true value in this building (and really, most of them) are likely to be a piddling amount of caps and trashed ammunition.
    Most properly usable things have already been hoarded up, abused, or otherwise taken out of the picture by raiders.

Although caps are nice, they won't make a fortune here.
    Hint/Raider Knowledge Check: The best loot was likely taken by the raiders to the various gate checkpoints and the library. Also their corpses.

Although if Pineapple is so inclined, there is a locked terminal in a tiny little back room. Little else in the room, beyond shelves of old junked cleaning supplies.

And a broken snow-globe mashed into the face of a doll, stuck upside down in front of the computer.

The device seems largely locked, containing only the access for a single file.

-[To My Verdant Love]-

Probably something sappy and silly.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2013-01-12 at 02:07 AM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - Scavenging]

Pineapple seems... ...mildly disappointed. Caps are nice indeed, but probably not worth the painstaking effort of going through all of these buildings. She idly wonders if it would even be possible to refurbish some of these structures, or if it would be easier to just demolish them and rebuild.

"Hmm. Well, hold onto the caps and the cleaner bullets, I guess. I think this one's a bust-"

She stops a moment as she notices the green glow of the computer from the back. One of Pineapple's traits, both a virtue and a flaw, is a highly curious nature, you see. She may find things that others overlook, after all. She may also find trouble that others avoid.

Wordlessly, she trots over and presses the button to read the file. Nothing like a good laugh at some bad writing to spruce up a day, right?

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Oh them!...Why that lively bunch is upstairs in one of the rooms. Oh, and when ya seem them, ask if they want to join me and the wife in a game of charades." Common Sense heartily said as he eventually let go of her hooves.
    "Will do. I'll see you around!"

With that, Bright Eyes went up to have a look. If everything seemed all right, she intended to inform them and be on her way.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

19. - Top - End - #349

Fillydelphia

Finder's still intent on staying lower-profile... and now that the Alicorn fear is subsiding, the fatigue comes right back up. "I think I'll be getting straight to sleep then."
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #350

Fillydelphia

Elestre nodded to himself. Cards? He'd made a living at doing card tricks back on the streets of New Appleoosa. So maybe later. Right now though, sleep also sounded good to him. His voice already rough from his loss of lung support earlier, so he conserved it by simply looking at Finder and nodding.

As soon as we're in there, I'll try to cheer up Luka.

New Appleoosa

The colt gave a cheery grin. "Let's go then, shall we? Lead the way and I'll just follow right along."
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville - At a Terminal]

The file opens simply enough.

What it does not do, however, is give up its secrets.

-[To My Verdant Love]-

Remember our days.

Idgr oimw gvurlu

Qhb woh ghui mrv fry ihxahv akeu l

I'm sorry.

-[File End]-
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2013-01-13 at 11:41 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #352

[Fillydelphia]

The stable colt would just follow, pretty much emotionally destroyed
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Pineapple reads through the message. And reads it again. Three more times. She almost dismisses it as a useless, corrupted file, but that just seems... ...wrong.

She's seen file corruption before, from that one time she had to fix the armory computer in Old Appleoosa after some idiot grunt tried to use it to look at a virus-laden pornographic holodisk. This isn't file corruption; it's too precise. Only two lines are affected, and completely so, leaving the title and the other half of the document completely unscathed.

This is either some kind of code, or a more lucid and bored raider decided to play a prank on anyone reading from the terminal. However, she has no idea which is which, and decides to leave it alone for the time being.

"Nothing much here, I guess. Maybe we should try looting the dead raiders instead of these buildings."

24. - Top - End - #354
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    New Appleoosa

The colt gave a cheery grin. "Let's go then, shall we? Lead the way and I'll just follow right along."

And so they went to Apple Martini's bar and tavern. Lo and behold, there was a solitary griffon sitting there. A tall, large barrel chested griffon with white feathers with red tips. There seemed to be a light tint of red in his feathers and his fur had a rich red tinted golden hue to it. He was sitting down at the bar stool guzzling down a warm glass of slightly radiated brahmin milk, his back turned to Steel and Sparky.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Stern gives a nod to the mercs, before leaving with her griffin medic underling without a word.

The blue unicorn slaver gestures up the stairs. "Second room on the right its empty and unlocked. Let us know if you need anything, and we'll let you know when the food's here," he casually observes, looking far more bored than threatening. "Don't cause any trouble, please. We'd rather not have Stern on our asses..."

Chamber, Perry, and the other two mercs all nod. It seems having Stern on your ass is bad news around here.

Once the three non-slavers/mercs head upstairs, they'll find the two rooms unlocked and empty, as promised. Both rooms sport two beds, two nightstands, and a sofa. The window is boarded up, but at least it has curtains. The brown carpet is old and dusty, while the dark green wallpaper is torn and peeling in many places. The room looks... well... pretty decent by Wasteland standards.

Chamber and Perry follow the trio up the stairs, though they wait out in the hallway. "Go find us some chairs, Perry," the mare asks her griffin friend with a cheerful smile.

"You got it, babe," Perry says with a smirk and a loose salute, which earns a small giggle from the slaver mare. Okay, perhaps "friends" isn't an entirely accurate description of the two slavers' relationship...
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-01-16 at 04:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #356

Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post

Pineapple reads through the message. And reads it again. Three more times. She almost dismisses it as a useless, corrupted file, but that just seems... ...wrong.

She's seen file corruption before, from that one time she had to fix the armory computer in Old Appleoosa after some idiot grunt tried to use it to look at a virus-laden pornographic holodisk. This isn't file corruption; it's too precise. Only two lines are affected, and completely so, leaving the title and the other half of the document completely unscathed.

This is either some kind of code, or a more lucid and bored raider decided to play a prank on anyone reading from the terminal. However, she has no idea which is which, and decides to leave it alone for the time being.

"Nothing much here, I guess. Maybe we should try looting the dead raiders instead of these buildings."
    Eledwhen flinches. Dead?
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - Looting]

Pineapple gives Eledwhen a strange look.

"Erm, yeah. Dead. If they were alive, it would be stealing."

She doesn't seem to have caught onto the fact that Eledwhen might be a touch squeamish about something like that. This probably has something to do with the fact that her innocence had already been very thoroughly destroyed by the filly's age.

28. - Top - End - #358

Ponyville-Looting

Eledhwne's eyes widen. She stays quite still for a few moments.

Okay.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - Looting]

To her credit, she does pick up on the oddity there. It's kinda obvious.

"Hey, are you alright? You sound kind of uncomfortable."

Presumably the two head outside by now, looking for dead raiders, so Lamianos may or may not spot them or vice versa.

30. - Top - End - #360

Ponyville-Looting-Traumatized Filly

Eledwhen is silent and looks down.

Hopefully Lamia will act moony to Pineapple and distract her from Eledwhen.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,