New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

Warehouse Of Doom - Entrance

Sergeant Sprinkles idly hovers in place, and adjusts one pink optic sensor to focus on Svir. "Miss PV is not a what," his synthetic voice growls. "She is a pegasus, a cyberpony, a veteran of the Great War, a veteran black ops agent, one of Equestria's top assassins, and one of Pinkie Pie's most trusted operatives and advisors. Oh. And she's the new Minister of Morale."

The robot's eye tilts back into position, disregarding the griffin. "So show some respect."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville]

Yikes! Pineapple's definitely going to have some serious blunt force trauma and also a concussion after that flurry of blows! Lacerations have appeared in some of the softer places where the flesh can tear a bit more easily, and there is now blood pooling in one of her eye sockets. (The eye's still there and intact, but there's blood all over it.)

For that matter, there's plenty of blood and much, much creepier things all over her now, given the effects of gravity and a massive hole in the underside of the pony immediately above her. Even as the flurry of blows stops, the still-angry mare attempts to throw the corpse off of her, no longer even caring that boxhead-mare is about as dead as dead gets.

From there, she begins mercilessly stomping, stabbing, and generally making a mess out of said mare. That rage spell's still active, after all, and Pineapple's in enough pain to justify being goddamned sure that the other mare is dead.

She survived a Grenade to the face, after all. Who's to say that she's not also resistant to disembowelment?

Note that she's currently delusional enough to consider the box on the boxhead mare's head as part of said head, and another good target for smashing.

[Not Bad, but Sounds Too Upbeat; I'm Thinking Moribund World]

Bauhaus raises an eyebrow. Coincidentally, it's also just dawned on him that he's talking to some random unicorn that stealthily appeared behind him while he was working. Hmm.

As some small measure of courtesy, the dog takes the gem battery he had been using to power the arc welder and attaches it to a light talisman. He might be able to see in the dark just fine, but his guest shouldn't have to maintain a light spell for the duration of the conversation.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-11-15 at 08:56 PM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cake Warehouse - Below]

The (unarmed) griffon backs up a few steps and holds her talons in front of herself in a 'hold on' gesture. "Woah, calm down! That all sounds really impressive. But I mostly meant..."

Sivr glances toward the entrance.

"I mostly meant how does she do those things she does? She just pulled you out of a potted plant for Icarus' sake! That isn't even possible."

And yet you saw it happen, didn't you Sivr?

You experienced it.

Doesn't that make it quite possible?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warehouse of Doom - Entrance

"The twin Princesses Celestia and Luna combined their powers to shatter the soul of Discord, the god of Chaos, into controllable fragments of reality-sundering madness," Sergeant Sprinkles explains in a hushed, reverent tone. "These fragments were grafted onto the souls of a select few ponies, who were of pure heart and strong will, and were willing to sacrifice their lives, sanity, and immortal spirits if Equestria so demanded. Many did not survive the rituals, their souls destroyed or their minds lost forever to Chaos. Pinkie Pie absorbed the largest fragment of the Mad God's essence. The second largest... went to her..." he whispers, pointing a claw out the door.

Pause for dramatic effect.

"Nah, I'm just kiddin'. I have noooo idea how she does it!" the robot cheekily exclaims.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Cake Warehouse - Entrance]

The contact draws Check Mark's gaze over to Surprise, with just a trace of whatever counts for a bemused smile on her face.
    "You're cut from the same cloth She was. Guess that explains a lot."

Watched the world burn, and still desperately holding to an idealistic messiah complex.
    Laughter was a weird thing.

She looks away, back towards the stairs.
    "There's no way we could help everypony. If the whole Ministry couldn't help them...how could just a couple of miserable survivors?"
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #36

At first?

At first Sivr just sits there in wide-eyed disbelief. Discord? The Discord? She had heard stories about him when she was just a cub. Of the insanity that he had laid upon the world in the ages before the Great War. Of how he had been diminished and shattered and now slunk about the Wasteland like a mischievous imp, playing pranks and filling old drawers with caps and ammo.

So he really was broken... and if Surprise-

Oh.

Wait.

He was joking.

Sivr's eyes narrow and the feathers on her head stand up, a clear sign that a raptor isn't very happy. "That isn't funny."

Meanwhile!

"Nah! Cloth was a Ministry of Image thing! Maybe Pinkie and I were baked from the same batter!" Surprise chirps cheerfully. "And we can't. We can't help everypony. After I joined up with the Party Poopers there was this one mission that went really really bad. And some good, nice ponies died because I made some terrible dumby McStuperson mistakes. You know what Pinkie said to me afterward? She said-"

There comes a slight crackle from Surprise's throat. "We can't make everypony smile and be happy, Surprise. Sometimes ponies are sad. And sometimes ponies die. But if we give up and don't try then it'll be a lot worse! So do your best Surprise! Make as many ponies smile as you can!"

The cybermare coughs slightly. "Then she climbed out the window and walked down the side of the Ministry Hub with suction cups on her hooves. I'm not really sure where she went..."

7. - Top - End - #37
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Mopey thoughts, mopey thoughts, mopey thoughts what.

Check Mark's face is dangerously close to becoming permanently etched into a look of bewilderment, although hearing Pinkie Pie's voice causes her to freeze completely.

She'd only actually met the Ministry Mare twice, but...she left an eternal impression.

A moment is spent just there, frozen, before one of her hooves traces a spot of nothing on the floor.
    "A lot of ponies thought she was crazy..."
    Towards the end, most of them. Because she was.
    "Sometimes I think she might have been a little bit of a genius, too."
    Absentee Spirit

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warehouse of Doooooooooom - Entrance

"Heh. No. It's not. Heh heh," Sergeant Sprinkles chuckles darkly.

"I'm not programmed to understand it. I can run theories. Blessed by the Princesses, touched by the God of Chaos, a fluke of nature, a flaw in the space-time continuum... The probability ratios are split across the board, oddly enough. It seems there are just some mysteries of the universe that just can't be explained," the robot sighs. "Like whether or not Changelings have souls, or why toast always lands butter-side down," he mutters with a shrug of his robot limbs.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

[Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:06 PM]

Maul brandished his teeth in anger, making a rather crude gesture with his hoof, one often used by the slavers in Old Appleoosa at each other. Yet he was in a weakened state, looking away from the ghoul he sighs and nudges Tough Stomp with his muzzle "Come on.... Let's go..." he says weakly.

[TAG Benson]

Ponyville

Well then. Delirious was really starting to grow on the Raider. Not like a fungus though, more like a tree. A black twisted and destructive tree. He laughed along, albeit not nervously, but with great vigor. Still, this was SERIOUS business he had to get to, and as the psychic scream and the drugs began to slowly go away his head became clearer and clearer.

First things first, need to set up shop and get a basic structure going, then he'll pick up Eledwhen, and then he'll sleep (Or not ) while planning on further expanding his current roster of raiders and eventually going out to raid. And would you look at that! Razoreye was coming on in to do his awesome griffon thing. Motioning the griffin over with his head Lamianos waits for his sergeant to arrive infront of him before addressing the griffin "Alright Razoreye, i'm going back to campto gather up the kid and whatever supplies we left. Keep the ponies in line and be sure that they're in fighting condition, when I return we'll set up some infrastructure and get to work on fixing this place. Understood?" Well, for a pony who's just crashing from his high the Chimera seems to have a good grip on his military stature in his past life. Assuming the griffon doesn't greatly oppose this course of action for one reason or another Lamianos will turn about face and prepare to leave, heading back towards where the camp was.

[TAG MCerberus, DEB (For what Lamianos finds when he arrives)]
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

10. - Top - End - #40

Sivr seems skeptical. And she has no idea what toast is. Or changelings. But she decides to stay quiet on both of those topics as they're apparently quite mysterious to begin with.

"I'm not terribly fond of that answer. I'm a griffon that likes things to make sense. Guns? Computers? Machines? Things I can take apart and repair? That I can handle. But this reality breaking stuff is a bit much. And Minister Pinkie Pie was like that too? Geeze... that explains a lot..."

Like.

Say.

Why her posters are so unnerving.

Meanwhile!

"Yeah... Pinkie was something special. A pony who helped change the world. I'm sure if she were here she wouldn't want us to mope around and give up, either!"

Surprise hops to her feet and canters is place. "C'mon Checky! We'll find some great party stuff and take it to one of the nearby towns! We'll throw them the best surprise party they've ever had!"

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

No, she probably wouldn't.
    Probably...

Check Mark sighs and hauls herself to her feet.
    "I guess."
    She starts moving back towards the opening room, trying to gather what stability she can muster in her depressed mind.

Back to the others!
    By that time, she'll have tried to pull herself back together, and extracted a somewhat useful tidbit of information.
    "Basic storage was a floor down, so we wouldn't have to go very far."
    Absentee Spirit

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Speaking Of Which, I Probably Ought To Pick Character Theme Music At Some Point]

Night Jewel turned off her light spell. "Thanks. I think I'm going to like you. I definitely know where to go if I find myself missing any body parts.

"So, if you're going to help me in any way, I probably should help you too. Is there anything I can do for you?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warehouse of Doom - Entrance

Sergeant Sprinkles chuckles darkly. "Sorry Miss Griffin. But sometimes, things just don't make sense. Like this!"

And then he pulls the party cannon out from behind his "back," just to mess with her.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponyville

Seeing as how Razoreye doesn't know anything about the ponies near Fearless Leader, when he lands he does so in a manner to make a good impression. He keeps his wingspan a little wider than normal when landing, making his profile appear larger than his normal impressive form. His body language intends to say 'I kill stuff and don't care', and this is hopefully backed up by the abundant blood on his talons.

The griffin keeps his voice calm and cool when addressing the bandit band. "I don't believe we've been introduced."
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    [New Appaloosa]

Bright Eyes stopped obediently and smiled. "Relax, I'm Bright Eyes. I was here earlier, and I don't mean any harm. I'm just helping these refugees here find a place for themselves.

"Did something bad happen? This town wasn't so on guard when I last visited."

"Yes, something bad did happened. It was an unpleasant ordeal, but it really shook up the town. We gotta be careful on who we let in now,"
    Railright said as he suddenly appeared, walking up to them.

He looked over at the refugees with a scrutinizing eye and a tilt up of his head. "Where are they from?"

Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    [Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:06 PM]

Maul brandished his teeth in anger, making a rather crude gesture with his hoof, one often used by the slavers in Old Appleoosa at each other. Yet he was in a weakened state, looking away from the ghoul he sighs and nudges Tough Stomp with his muzzle "Come on.... Let's go..." he says weakly.

[Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:07 PM]

The weak, dying sack of meat that was the ghoul watched Maul Steel with its good eye and somehow seemed extra depressing and sad, watching the one pony who showed it a kindness in ninety years, leave.

Tough Stomp frowned feeling like crap and lowered his head as he trudged on.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"Yes, something bad did happened. It was an unpleasant ordeal, but it really shook up the town. We gotta be careful on who we let in now,"
    Railright said as he suddenly appeared, walking up to them.

He looked over at the refugees with a scrutinizing eye and a tilt up of his head. "Where are they from?"
    "...You know, they never actually mentioned that." Bright Eyes glanced at the vocal mare. "Where exactly are you from?"

She then turned back to Railright. "So what exactly happened? Arson? An invasion? Assault with a deadly hairbrush? Or something else?"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "...You know, they never actually mentioned that." Bright Eyes glanced at the vocal mare. "Where exactly are you from?"

She then turned back to Railright. "So what exactly happened? Arson? An invasion? Assault with a deadly hairbrush? Or something else?"

"Some fool ponies dared to disturbed the balance that kept New Appleloosa safe with a game of 'heroes' gone wrong. Got the Goddess involved that endangered the safety of the good folks here,"
    Railright said nickering and deeply sighed.

18. - Top - End - #48

[Wild Rabbit Wuds]

The stable dweller would just raise his head when the fire suddenly goes out

He brings his SMG closer to him, just in case something appears

[Tag: Benson, Drowlord, MCerberus]
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49

The griffon just stares at the cannon for a few moments before giving her wings a shrug. "You know what? I'm just too overloaded on impossible wackiness for this to phase me right now. What I need are my weapons. And probably Heimdalr and Akwellen, too. Maybe even more Talons beyond my own Wing. I've got the creeping feeling that this place is a death-trap like most everything else the Ministry of Morale made."

A beat.

"No offense intended to present company, of course. I'm sure you were probably a death-trap to those damned Stripes, though."

Oh, hey! Sivr doesn't like Zebras! Wonder why?

Meanwhile!

Surprise waggles a hoof at the item displayed on the computer screen. "What about this thing? It sounds like some sort of super-duper tippy-top secret sort of project. I never knew there was anything that only Pinkie was allowed to know about!" a pause as she suddenly looks thoughtful and taps at her chin with her hoof. "Though... I guess technically the Party Poopers were like that too. I don't know if ponies other than us or Pinkie knew what we did..."

20. - Top - End - #50
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[New Appaloosa]

Well that's an unpleasant thing to think about at the moment.
    Home. That place that was just burned to the ground, even as they fled in terror and despair. The place they definitely mentioned once already.

There's a collective wince from the group and most of them looking in various directions except at each other.
    The vocal mare's brother(?) speaks up this time, in a somewhat even, somewhat bothered tone.
    "The late Strawberry Fields, a good several miles down the road."

Strawberry Fields!
    That small little town that always kept to itself and generally seemed to not bother or be bothered by anyone else, save the typical occasion raider.
    Now ash and corpses.

It probably won't even be missed, just as much as it was unknown.

Check Mark stares at the screen for a few moments, trying to think.
    "Well...it's Black Ward storage, so it's out of my clearance.
    I couldn't tell you anything beyond that it would be a few floors down.
    Don't even know what that place looks like, let alone what's in it."

Not going to be a whole lot of help there, unfortunately. Top Secret things are a real pain in the flank that way.
    Absentee Spirit

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

Wild Rabbit Woods

Atop his hidey spot on the giant mushroom tree, Swift Star would swiftly throw some ninja stars at vital points in their equipments and exposed weapons, in an attempt to render them useless.

22. - Top - End - #52

[Wild Rabbit Woods]

A shuriken would embed itself to the SMG!
    The colt slightly jumps to a side after noticing the thrown weapon on his gun and would start pulling it out, it would have jammed the gun's magazine, since it would be doubted that one of those would slice/pierce a gun.

[Small Arms] But he would just need to pull the magazine out, check for stuck bullets, then put it back to fix it, which would be somewhat faster than expected.

He still would be fixing it and it still would take somewhat of a while.

[Tag: Benson]
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-11-16 at 10:38 PM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warehouse - Entrance

Sergeant Sprinkles studies Svir for a moment, before chuckling. "Damn straight. Glad to hear folks still know Zebras are good-for-nothin' monsters," he says, clearly missing whatever insult there might have been in the griffin's remarks.

He then hovers over to Surprise and Mark. "Want me to scout ahead? See if I can find your missin' teammate?"

24. - Top - End - #54

"It's their fault we're living in this hellhole," the griffon mutters. "Of course they're monsters."

Huh. That's a pretty strongly negative view. Must have come from somewhere. Maybe we'll find out later!

"Hmmm..."
    Surprise busies herself with staring at the screen and grinning at Mister Sprinkles when he speaks up. "Well Sivvy thinks we should go get help first. But that would mean leaving Rusty here all alone and that would be terrible! Though I THINK he knows what he's looking for here so maybe he knows what might be dangerous down here too?"

She really isn't sure!

"Either way I don't want anypony else wandering off alone..."

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Check Mark tries not to agree with Sivr too much.
    But that's only because she's still convinced their failure ruined everything.

That and she's too busy staring at the computer screen, trying to remember if she ever saw that order's date somewhere.
    "Ah...well. If he knows what he's doing, he's probably safer than us not knowing what we're doing..."

That's all she can really apply to that quandary.
    She's no military tactician.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-11-16 at 11:00 PM.
    Absentee Spirit

26. - Top - End - #56

Wild Rabbit Woods

Elestre's eyes widened, a tiny shield deflecting a ninja star with a sparklike noise. "What is happening here? A ninj- oh."

Realization!

Steel Creel's House

Sparky rolled his eyes. "Rise and shine, Steel. Your carriage awaits you."

Why he said that, the wasteland may never know. It might have been a very bad joke. But whatever.

Ponyville

Doc Patch looked at the griffin, his eyes steely and full of... anger? Maybe pride?

"I am Doctor Cloth Patch. These are the remaining ponies of my former band, after your ally beat one to a near-death pulp and threw him in an alley. If you are wounded or poisoned, I can tend to you. I am also skilled at fixing and upgrading armor and mechanical devices."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Steel Creel's House

Sparky rolled his eyes. "Rise and shine, Steel. Your carriage awaits you."

Why he said that, the wasteland may never know. It might have been a very bad joke. But whatever.

"Ya better really have that carriage,"
    Steel Creel sleepily grumbled as he woke up.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ponyville

Razoreye takes a short moment to size up Cloth Patch. The fact that he didn't seem to shrink away or back off is always a plus. You can't have weak ponies starting a large undertaking.

"The chems again?" He asks. Going to have to have a conversation about that at a future date if so. "We also seem to be missing our explosive specialist mare since the fighting begins. She's proven useful, so I'd be loathe to not know what happened."

He then extends a talon in friendship towards the doctor. A bloody, bloody talon. "I am Razoreye, doctor."

Wild Rabbit Woods

The deflected shuriken manages to lodge itself in one of the thinner parts of Finder's new barding. This would awaken him with a sharp, if minor, senastion of pain. The scavver gets up and starts looking around, not seeing anything yet...
    Ow... there's that headache he was worried about.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

29. - Top - End - #59

Steel Creel's House

"Well, if you count this..."

From behind him he pulled a strange device. It had plastic cables and reins attached to a metal body that could fit a pony. The device looked homemade, possibly made in the wasteland. Wonder where he got that?

"It's supposed to be a pegasus-powered flying cart for land-bound ponies. It'll make takeoff with you a bit safer."

Ponyville

Patch put his hoof out unhesitatingly. "If the blast mark is any indication, she might have been in action near that house there."

He looked in the indicated direction shortly.

"If it matters, my band is rather highly regarded among bandit circles. I have two more waiting back out of town guarding our vehicle."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Steel Creel's House

"Well, if you count this..."

From behind him he pulled a strange device. It had plastic cables and reins attached to a metal body that could fit a pony. The device looked homemade, possibly made in the wasteland. Wonder where he got that?

"It's supposed to be a pegasus-powered flying cart for land-bound ponies. It'll make takeoff with you a bit safer."
    Steel Creel looked at him all buggy eyed. "Did you literally, pull that out your flank? I've heard of metaphorical flank pulls but this one takes the nugget."

Even Mags who was behind Sparky to the side was baffled by that, why didn't she see it before?