New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Default Re: [FO:E] The Southern Wasteland of Equestria 2

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

That nerve-wracking tick is gone! Only to be replaced by a foreboding, nervous silence. Yay?

Hopefully the timer IS still governing them and just not counting down. Because the alternative would be very bad. Really, she'd have just pulled out the wires if she thought disconnecting them from the timer would work.

At any rate, the good news is that proximity mines are actually pretty easy to disarm one by one thanks to the fact that somepony's clever design involved having them loudly beep before exploding and, unless these are a different model than the common ones, there's a button hidden on the shell that disengages the mine's activity regardless of how close it is to going off.

The grenades are a little more worrisome, because disabling those would require either that the pins be replaced or that they be individually taken apart so that the detonation trigger could be separated from the actual explosive. Unless whichever crazy pony built this kindly left a nice bundle of grenade pins nearby (or left them scattered on the floor where they're easy to reach), the latter method will likely be necessary.

The plastic explosives would be the easiest to disarm, actually. The whole point of them is that they're easy to mold, so unless she's unfortunate enough for the builder to have been competent with telecommunications for detonating without a direct connection, it should be a simple matter to dig the detonator(s) out of the putty safely.

Thinking a bit, Pineapple checks the ground for any handy pins or pin substitutes that she can use. If she can find some, she starts working from the outside in to reduce the risk of jostling active explosives carelessly, properly disconnecting the ones she successfully disarms and gingerly placing them off to the side where they are not an immediate threat to her.

If she has no such luck, she takes the mines first from the outside in before going straight for the Plastic Explosives. The grenades are the hardest ones to safely disable without pins, so she simply does her best to not disturb them while she takes apart and sets aside the rest of the deadly ordinance.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

Foreboding silence, just waiting to be interrupted by a life-ending explosion!

But not yet. Clearly this still isn't the appropriate time, since Pineapple is still there, debating with herself and hunting for grenade pins that don't seem to actually exist.
    There's little twigs, if she's particularly desperate, but they're certainly not very sturdy.

On the brighter side of things, these seem to be completely stock-standard mines so those are pretty easy to fix up.

Wow, this sure is going well so far.
    Time to dig into that plastique!

Good news, Pineapple!
    You found the grenade pins.
    They all seem to be sticking out of that peculiar little thing that probably used to be a plastic explosives detonator.

Huh, wonder why?
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

3. - Top - End - #213
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

[Cake Warehouse]

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post

Check Mark frowns at the announcement, glancing around the room for any change in their scenery.
    Upon noting none, the frown deepens and she sits next to the table that Surprise props up.

"I have no idea what the 'Susurrus Protocol' is. I wasn't even aware that we had a joint project with MoAS. Kinda thought the Mares didn't like each other..."
    Didn't Pinkie Pie and Twilight Sparkle fall out with each other at some point?
    Check's memory is a little foggy on that.
    "We don't even use IDs here, anyway...we have hoof implant marks."

The ghoul tilts up one of her forelegs, where a little balloon image can be faintly seen around the decay.
    "They were still friends in the end..." Sergeant Sprinkles quietly muses.

Pinkie Pie had died holding on to a statue of Twilight Sparkle. Whatever conflicts had existed between them had clearly been forgotten and forsaken in those last few moments.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cake Warehouse]

"Pinkie was just... really confused. Her friends didn't like her using the Party Times. But she needed them so her sense would be more sensey. That's sorta why the Pink Voice project was started. So somepony could still be sensey for Pinkie once she got better," the cyber pegasus replies.

Surprise's next course of action?

Peer at the balloon mark!

"Oooh... I don't think I have one of those! Unless they put one in me when I was asleep. They put all sorts of neat stuff in me while I was asleep!" she chirps, bouncing in place whilst waiting for the scanny thing to do whatever it is supposed to be doing.

In other news, any obvious exits from the cafeteria? Anywhere they might continue their journey?
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Cake Warehouse]

Check Mark peers at her hoof (trying to withhold revulsion) and shakes her head.
    "Unless they lied to us, these were an experiment restricted to our facility. Pretty new, shortly before the..."
    The ghoul waves her hoof a bit, the creepings of that despair flickering across her poorly-aged face.
    "...before what happened."

Nope, still can't finish that statement.

"Uh, anyway. I don't really know much about the Mare politics, I'll admit.
    Didn't really seem...important at the time."

Just ponies being silly with each other, right?

As for exits!
    There's the kitchen over there.
    And inside the kitchen...well, there's a lot of sinks and counters and refrigerators and cabinets and little vats and pretty much everything else a large kitchen could ever possibly need.

Even a really massive walk-in freezer in one corner!
    Although it isn't very cold. And has a stairwell in the back.

And the top half of some pony's skull neatly placed in a corner.

The speakers sputter active again.
    "Oooookedokelokey. Waiting for those doors to close is BORING. Sure, from my end they aren't doing anything, and this could just get played at the right time, but that's no fun! Also I'm the boss, so I vote for an announcement right now.
    So! For anyone that hasn't spent the night in Cakeland before, doooon't worry! It's totally not scary at all. The smart ponieStart cutt up lights all over the place, and you're definitely not alone! When you get to your designPatrol alert status, as always for extraneous events. Additionally, B4 need to sweep the upper levels, B5 assist B6 with the pest rerouting the power. Confirmed passings on 3, 5, and 6. Ghost as necessary. End cutl for now, I guess! Back in a few more minutes!"
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2012-12-09 at 12:14 AM.
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Warehouse - Kitchens

Sergeant Sprinkles' eyes turn vibrant crimson.

"Radio interference indicates possible hostile contacts. Decapitated and mutilated skull indicates very hostile contacts. I suggest we continue with caution. And possibly murder everything that isn't loyal to Equestria," the cybernetic soldier deadpans. After a moment, he gives a shrug of his weapon-laden limbs. "But that's just my opinion."

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponyville

Lamianos throws a smile towards Eledwhen's way before resuming his monotonous, grim beat. His hooves began to do a slow thump in time with his humming before he queitly sang "Look down.... Look down.... Don't look'em in the eye....." His voice a whisper as he continued on.

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:30 PM

Well crud. That was unexpected. With another sharp weapon at his disposal Maul yanks he knifes from the warriors corpse, begins pulling at the spear, and attempts to flay/gut the last remaining warrior.

[TAG Benson]

Wild Rabbit Woods

Ducard nods his head "No problem. I'm always willing to assure confidence in those who need it." He says, oblivious to the sarcasm inherent in the scarred and brutal looking Unicorn's statement.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

8. - Top - End - #218
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleloosa-Commons

"Able hands? Are those mutated hooves? I've never seen able hands. Fascinating," Common replied with an enthusiastic smile. "Are those like talons? You know, I once knew a griffon, non Talon, when he was a young one. Kinda of an idiot, but well meaning." Now look you what started Fleeting from misspeaking, tsk tsk.

Wild Rabbit Woods

The sarcasm did not go over Swift's head, he just didn't care, it didn't amuse him enough or get him gems. He only stared at Finder though his opaque goggles saying nothing. After hearing Ducard speak but not listening, the aloof ghoul touched his own armored chest as his horn glowed. His eyes focused at a far distance from the direction he had traveled from.

The light enveloped the five of them as they found themselves teleported....halfway through the forest and then instantly teleported again to the edge of the mushroom forest where the train tracks would be seen just over yonder.

Swift Star had no silly radio, oh pshaw...uh...errr...uh..yea.

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:30 PM

Corpse? Maul Steel may find himself in need of glasses and clarity, panic does no one no good, makes ya hallucinate. Anyway, Maul Steel would find his tug at the knives hampered, hindered, as the not dead fallen warrior grunted as he TK'd them back, not allowing Maul his precious knives, conducting a tug of war. He shot him an angry look and tugged hard, not caring that he was hurting himself.

This would unfortunately for Maul cancel out tugging the spear which also implies that the bro warrior was just standing there like a derp letting him or some such silliness. But that's silly. 'Bro warrior' gritted his teeth and pointed his spear at Maul Steel.

"Enough of this! You will surrender and I won't kill you as much as I would like to avenge my brother." He angrily said wrapping his TK around the other spear. Like he'd let some evil outsider taint and steal their sacred weapons.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

...Yeah, twigs ain't gonna cut it. Believe it or not, Pineapple learned particular lesson that the hard way a few years back. The springs in those safety levers will cut right through any twig or splinter thin enough to fit through the pinhole. Given that, honestly, she learned most of these lessons the hard way, it's really a wonder she isn't dead yet.

Then again, she's never had to deal with something quite this deranged in its construction.

Naturally, when she finally spots the actual grenade pins stuck into the central detonator, her jaw drops. Then she takes a look at the wires and grenades. Then back at the pins.

Cue facehoof.

A rational pony might notice that there is no way that those pins would actually be doing anything while stuck to the detonator, considering that said detonator is in no way designed for use with grenade pins, and thus it should be pretty much safe to just take them. However, this insane contraption has left Pineapple less than rational. Thus, she proceeds with her initial plan: One by one, from the outside in, unscrew the explosive and shrapnel sections of each grenade from its firing apparatus! If it hadn't fired yet, after all, this shouldn't cause that to happen. Hopefully.

10. - Top - End - #220

Wild Rabbit Woods Edge

Elestre almost grinned, then decided not to. "Nice 'ports. But you need the train, don't you?

New Appleoosa

"Great! Well then, Mags. To the buying of this doll."

His attention had shifted rather fast there, hadn't it? Oh well. Sparky kept the thought that an adventurer was ready to join them in the back of his mind.

Ponyville

Doc Patch quickly opened a pack of sterile bandages and got out a clean cloth. Making the cloth wet, he spoke softly.

"This might hurt a bit."

He started gently cleaning any open wounds on Eledwhen's coat, asking the filly in nature of a distraction:

"So, how did a good filly such as yourself wind up here?"
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Firbolg in the Playground

Wild Rabbit Woods

The sudden teleportation didn't set well with Finder's current sensory capacity. His tired brain just has him stumbling around aimlessly for a few seconds after.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- The Underground Facility 5:30 PM

Well, you know what they say: When in doubt-

"OH SWEET CELESTIA PLEASE DON'T HURT ME! I'LL DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!"

......Give up and retreat like a cowardly mewl.... Well then, seems like Maul Steel has had enough opposition for now. This stallion could easily kill him, which means the ex slaver just falls back on his routine "Cower and scurry away from the big bad slaver boss man" that he did to all the higher ups back at Old Appleloosa. Not exactly heroic or epic, but hey, baby steps.

[TAG Benson]

Wild Rabbit Woods

Being an earth pony who rarely interacted with unicorn magic Ducard was highly discombobulated by the teleportation. This was only worsened by the fact that he was turned slightly upon arrival, and thus his heavy metallic form fell sideways against the dirt below. Releasing an audible grunt the Steel Ranger begins picking himself up as he says "Well then, I guess i'll be heading off to my brothers. Best of luck to you, natives, and may the wasteland have mercy on your soul." He bows his head courteously before heading off, accessing his map to get a better idea of which direction exactly he was facing.

[TAG The whole group]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

13. - Top - End - #223
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post

Ponyville

Doc Patch quickly opened a pack of sterile bandages and got out a clean cloth. Making the cloth wet, he spoke softly.

"This might hurt a bit."

He started gently cleaning any open wounds on Eledwhen's coat, asking the filly in nature of a distraction:

"So, how did a good filly such as yourself wind up here?"
    Oh, well I lived in the woods by myself until Lamia found me and we made friends like Luka and Finder, and Doc Sawbones. Do you know Doc Sawbones? She's a nice doctor, like you. Then I found my long lost cousin, I didn't even know he existed! Then... They went away, and I came with Daddy, and I for beat up while he was somewhere else. She smiles at him!
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is the thief who likes to hoard,
    That loves the bard with the puppet Lord
    That admires the fighter with the green-hilted sword,
    That employs the Wizard, whose bird is ignored,
    That has the gender unexplored
    That intrigues the Halfling, usually bored,
    That slew a mountain of the goblin horde,
    That follows the cleric,
    That serves the lich,
    That seeks the gate,
    That guards the snarl,
    That lives in the prison the gods built.

guess what I was gone but now I'm back

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[New Appleoosa - Commons]

Yes. Mutant hooves, and not a mistake. That is the correct assumption.

The mare gives a little hoof waggle, twisting her face up a bit.
    "Not very attractive things, really."
    Go look in an Old World book and look up "monkeys". Dreadful.

"Kind of similar to griffin talons, I guess..."
    This isn't a complete derailment of everything at all.

((Shhh, I have difficulties with mixing words up. >.>))

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

And so, a single act of utter insanity inspires Pineapple to dismantle the bomb in what is likely the most tedious, and time consuming manner possible.

At least she should hopefully know exactly what's she's doing.
    Piece by piece, grenade by grenade...

Click.

One of the grenades rolls away from the central mass, trailing the end of what seems to have been an improperly attached wire.
    Must have gotten knocked loose while she was doing her work.
    Absentee Spirit

15. - Top - End - #225
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "But fighting bandits totally counts as heroism," Mags fangirled. Steel Creel laughed and rubbed her head, mussing up her mane.

"Indeed, it totally counts."

In the background, Ditzy Do watched them and smiled as she dug around in a box o' junk for something.
    "Eh, everyone gets attacked by them. I guess we're all heroes sometimes. Still, glad you think that!"

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    "Great! Well then, Mags. To the buying of this doll."

His attention had shifted rather fast there, hadn't it? Oh well. Sparky kept the thought that an adventurer was ready to join them in the back of his mind.
    Bright Eyes nodded. "Right! Might as well get on with it. And I still have my shovel to get, too. You can never be too prepared!"
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Wild Rabbit Woods Edge

Swift Star chose not too acknowledge Elestre's comment, he was too busy collecting his bearings, group teleporting was not easy for him, it took a heavier toll on his gems. They still had a loooooooong way to go. At least an hour or so by teleport and many hours by hoof simply. And Ducard decided to prematurely leave the group and take the long route. Meh, Swift didn't care that much, Ducard wasn't a priority like the other three. He stared at Ducard for a moment and then looked north along the train tracks and teleported the other three again leaving the steel ranger behind at the edge of Wild Rabbit Woods.

Anyways, eventually, the four after a large number of series of teleports, the four found themselves looking at the entrance to Fillydelphia and its large walls and gates. The sky behind seemed a perpetual hellish red, an industrial jungle grown on the backs of suffering.
    ----

New Appleloosa- Absolutely Everything

Mags happily cheered at the prospect of the acquisition of a new doll. Steel Creel finagled with his Pouch of caps. Hard on an earth pony, had to use the mouth and tongue,

Meanwhile, Ditzy popped down in front of Bright Eyes with a big smile and a shovel in mouth and hooves.
    ----

New Appleloosa-Commons

"Just missing that extra weird digit....You know...talons are weird too...You know, I kinda have talon envy. Hold things with my hooves. You know, I use tape sometimes and tape a spoon to my hoof, hahah." Derailment? Perish the thought, this is highly important and intelligent topic!
    ---

Southwestern Equestria- The Underground Facility 5:31 PM

And this completely took that warrior stallion by surprise, the confused expression on his face was of the comically exaggerated/cartoont variety.

"Wha?...What sort of trick is this? Are you really giving up?" He demanded pulling back his spear with TK and held it in the air in attack position.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

At the sound of a soft *click*, Pineapple immediately drops what she's doing and leaps out the dilapidated window, covering her head and really hoping she isn't already dead!

"Horseapples!"

At least she had the forethought to move all those mines and other disabled explosives safely away from the pile of grenades. Massed grenades like that can do a lot of damage, but she's probably reduced the overall payload by at least half.

Naturally, if nothing happens after ten seconds or so, she sheepishly lifts her head up and feels really, really stupid.

""

18. - Top - End - #228

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Wild Rabbit Woods Edge

Swift Star chose not too acknowledge Elestre's comment, he was too busy collecting his bearings, group teleporting was not easy for him, it took a heavier toll on his gems. They still had a loooooooong way to go. At least an hour or so by teleport and many hours by hoof simply. And Ducard decided to prematurely leave the group and take the long route. Meh, Swift didn't care that much, Ducard wasn't a priority like the other three. He stared at Ducard for a moment and then looked north along the train tracks and teleported the other three again leaving the steel ranger behind at the edge of Wild Rabbit Woods.

Anyways, eventually, the four after a large number of series of teleports, the four found themselves looking at the entrance to Fillydelphia and its large walls and gates. The sky behind seemed a perpetual hellish red, an industrial jungle grown on the backs of suffering.
    The stable colt doesn't really comment on anything, still trying to hold back his wrath, then after many teleports he's kind of achieving on doing it... Until they reach Fillydelphia, the general place seemed no exactly what he would take, and all that rage would be trying to spark again.

So yeah, silence, but now he's visibly grimmacing.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:31 PM

Maul Steel slowly nods his head at the guard, still cringing in fear as he explains "Well.... Yeah. I'm knifeless, gunless, spearless, toothless, and like my ol' boss used to say "spineless gutless piece of sh**".... If... If your going to hit me, please don't hit me in the face. I like my face and I need that for Foxfire.... Here... You can try and kick in my knee, b-b-boss did that whenever he got really mad or bored...." He extends a hind leg and reveals his lower left knee cap for full view. Nice and exposed for kicking.

[TAG Benson]

Edge of Wild Rabbit Woods

Ducard harumhs as he hears the teleportation "Going to get themselves killed, fools......" He proceeds to continue walking down the path of life alone towards the SR base, trying to tune into any Steel Ranger radio he can so that he can request an immedieate escort (Stating his name rank and title whenever applicable).

Ponyville

Lamianos eventually begins to get dreary eyed, bored of not being able to do anything constructive. Yawning he pushes himself up, extends his bat wings, and begins to flap them as he starts heading towards town to strike up that dame's offer on trying to break his face in (How could he say no?). Oblivious to the potential bomb arsenal not too far away.

[TAG Drowlord]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

20. - Top - End - #230

Near Fillydelphia

Being discombobulated before a teleport does little to help with the discombobulations from being teleported. Finder stumbles a bit before falling flat on his side. Once again, this is a good time to have not eaten recently.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

21. - Top - End - #231
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Ponyville - The Bomb]

Pineapple's self esteem is completely safe!

The grenade will explode pretty much immediately, there to trigger a movie-worthy chain-explosive in the bombmass that is likely completely fueled by its designer's insanity.

What's left of the window is doomed, the wall is doomed, and most of the building is probably pretty doomed after all the structural damage is accounted for. If it was just frag-grenades, it probably wouldn't have been too bad...
    But alas, whatever stability the plastique had seems to have vanished as well.

Kaboom.

If Pineapple stays just outside the window with her dive, the mass of ensuing shrapnel and debris is going to be incredibly unhealthy.
    Otherwise, she can get a nice view of the shockwave tearing apart what was once a nice, ruined room.

The nameless observer shakes his head from where he was hiding and moves on.
    She almost had it.

Oh well, time to go find Lamianos.

[New Appleloosa-Commons]

"Unicorns certainly have it easier than us, in that department.
    Heh, can't say I've ever resorted to tape though..."

One of the other refugees coughs a bit.
    "Um...weren't we going to find a place to rest?"
    Absentee Spirit

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ponyville - Now Directed by Michael Bay]

Well, thankfully basic physics indicate that the actual metal shrapnel will lose the vast majority of its energy as it punches through a wall. Pineapple would be very dead, no questions asked if there were no wall present.

The mare scrambles across the ground, keeping her head down, but she doesn't get too far before the blast of hot air catches up with her. To her immense fortune, the stuff hitting her is mostly concussive force and slow, blunt bits of wall instead of razor-sharp metal that would take her apart in milliseconds.

Less fortunately, she's not wearing her armor at the moment, so there's nothing absorbing the force of the blow. It, along with her battle saddle and saddlebags, were left behind in the street when she went galloping off to defuse a bomb.

In any case, her injuries aren't as severe as they could be, but she's out cold and even more bruised than she was on the way in.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:31 PM

The warrior looked at him confused a little and then looked at him angrily and shoved his spear up close to his face. "S-shut up, you don't get to be all boo hoo and woe...!" He got a little bit flustered. "Y-you're going to fix that water talisman thingy or so help me....!"
    ======

[New Appleloosa-Commons]

"Didn't you find it?" Common Sense said with a gesture of his hoof, pointing out to the place they were in. He kept a smile on his face.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[New Appleloosa-Commons]

Yer caught in yer own ignorance!

Well, not quite.
    "Well...sort of more specifically...like which spot."
    Nudge nudge, leader-mare. Stop engaging in your frivolous hand-hoof-talon talk and get to the important stuff!

"Ah...yes. We probably should find a little place to tuck ourselves away to."
    Feel free to supply recommendations Common Sense.
    Like where they can go that won't have them getting stink-eyed by outsider-haters or something.

That'd be terrible.

[Ponyville]

Physics is a nice thing to have on your side sometimes.
    Shame unicorns tend to mess it up a bit.
    Good thing there weren't any present at the moment.

Hooray for Pineapple not dying horribly?

Back to hunting down Lamianos finally.
    Absentee Spirit

25. - Top - End - #235
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Fillydelphia

Ah, Filly. Such a nice city before the War. Now, it's... well, by Wasteland standards, it's pretty nice! Massive walls to keep it safe, an actual economy and infrastructure, safety, education, order... peace... Yeah, there's a massive radiated crater of doooooom in the center of it, and yeah there's a lot of slave labor, but every bottle cap has too sides. Besides, slavery doesn't last forever. Many of the guards, workers, and soldiers in Red Eyes service were once slaves, but earned their freedom through deed, potential, guile, or fanaticism.

The giant Pinkie Pie balloons scattered around and full of snipers are a bit of an odd touch, though... There's also the occasional alicorn standing guard or flying over to carry out a patrol.

A few moments after Swift and the 'heroes' arrive, a griffin and a unicorn approach them. The griffin is black-feathered, clad in bulky combat armor, and holding an assault rifle. The unicorn is a pale-blue mare with a misty-green mane pulled back into a pony tail, clad in light combat barding and armed with two levitating revolvers.

"Hey there!" the griffin cheerfully greets them in a deep baritone. "Stern said to keep an eye out for you, but we didn't think you'd be back this quickly."

"Huh, he doesn't look too good..." the mare observes with a frown, nodding towards Finder. "You think we should go get him a medic?"

The griffin frowns as well. "Maybe. Keep an eye on 'em, Chamber. I'll go let Stern know Red Eye's guests are here, and they might need a doc to check 'em out before the meeting."

"No problem!" the mare nods with a cheerful smirk. "They shouldn't be any trouble." She tilts her head slightly and looks back and forth between Luka, Elestre, and Finder. "You won't be any trouble, right?" she asks cautiously.

The griffin gives a nod to to "Chamber" and Swift, before flying off to go find Stern.

26. - Top - End - #236

[Fillydelphia]

He notices the whole infraestructure thing, but also the tons and tons of slavery, he does not accept 2 sides on a coin, at least like this, however now he's trappen between 2 emotions: Anger, at the mere existance of slavery around the place; and depression, again, because the slavery actually had a somewhat nice product, which would practically break him and his values pretty hard. Though in the middle there's confusion and he tries to keep them at bay, trying to stay in the middle one from the risk of the first, and the pain of the second.

He would just lower his head, and when the unicorn asks, he would give a kind of slow shake with his head.
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-12-15 at 01:04 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237

Fillydelphia

Elestre was... intrigued, to say the least. His knowledge had led him to think that the city would be a lot more grim than this, but he'd take civilization over the wasteland any day. Maybe he'll even warm up to the place?

"No, we're not troublemakers. Usually."

His voice was raspy and dry, his throat not allowing for normal talk and lowering his statement to a softer tone.

New Appleoosa

Sparky didn't miss a beat at Bright Eyes' proclamation of buying a shovel, but instead mused to himself if a similar implement could potentially be useful to him. Deciding on no, he nodded at Steel.

"Need any help?"

Ponyville- the Tent

Patch nodded gravely as the filly related her story, then softly searched with his eyes for bullet wounds just in case. [COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]"That's an interesting tale. I don't think I know of a Doc Sawbones, but maybe. Been over most of this wasteland at one point or another." [/COLOR

Ponyville- Lamnios

As the ex-Steel Ranger wandered away from the tent, an almost equally huge mare, clad in heavy barding that appeared custom-built, approached him.

"So you're the one who I'm going to be fighting."

She pointed a hoof away from the tent. "Let's get going now. Don't want to destroy Patch's precious junkmobile by being too close to it."
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

28. - Top - End - #238

Fillydelphia

Finder gets up just as 'genuine interest' in his condition is displayed. He can't hide just how tired he is, and that doesn't just apply to needing sleep. "I'm fine," the scavver simply states. It's not quite a lie, he's not bleeding or anything.

He had some dealings with the Red Eyes in the past, seeing as how they're one of the few groups of ponies willing to pay for the kind of stuff he specializes in. It's just that the stallion always had the common sense not to head into their doom fortress.

Everfree Forest

[Survival]Well that's a dead wolf... and he managed to find one made of flesh! Razoreye wipes some blood of his talons. It's likely he'll make it back at some point dramatically important.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

New Appleloosa-Commons

"Why don't ya'll head up stairs and make yourself comfortable, relax your tired hooves, there be beds upstairs." Common Sense replied with a smile. "Then we can figure out later what ya'll are gonna do."
    ==

In West Fillydelphia were I was shipped and enslaved, in the crater is where I spent most of my days..~

Swift Star listened, watched and found that weed in the ground really interesting. Anyways. He stood there in his silence and waited with everyone.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ettin in the Playground

Southwestern Equestria- Underground Facility 5:32 PM

Maul Steel shrugs at the guard "Dude, I just ripped the thing out of it's holster. I have no idea how exactly it works, let alone how to fix it. I just know it makes alot of pure water and that's about it....."

Ponyville

Lamianos smiles at the mare as he rustles his body "Yes, wouldn't want anyone to s-" And then Hollywood explosion all up in the hizz house!

Ahem

Lamianos stops, staring blankly back at town to where he heard the big boom "What the buck........ WHAT THE BUCK. Who di.... Wait, explosions....... Bucking Pineapple, great," He gruffly states as he turns towards the mare he was about to duel "I apologize, it seems as if there is a problem I must attend to first.... I'll be right back." And with that he unfurls his wings again and sets off into the sky in search of Pineapple. Eventually, after a bit of searching (Which to be honest wouldn't take too long, considering the fact that finding a fresh explosion of hollywood caliber shouldn't be too hard) Lamianos finds the destroyed house. Sneering he looks down and begins to descend "Celestia dammit Pineapple. You just had to go around messing with stupid *** explosions and l-, oh...." He notices her current unconscious state and begins to fret.

"Buck buck buck buck buck, uuuuuuh. Oh, the Doc! Right, he can fix her! Probably... Buck. Hello? Wake up. Come on, don't make me beat you into waking up..... Please?.... Grrrr, alright, your coming with me. Hopefully the doc can wake you up..... And also that your not too ugly afterwards...." He says the last part mostly to himself as he bends over and puts Pineapple Blast on his back. Sinking downward he loses his breathe as he's caught off guard by her weight "Damn, your alot fatter then you look. Yeesh." He complains as he gets a slow start and eventually jumps into the air, ready to fly back to his fight and the Doc's tent.

[TAG Blade (For any unconscious thoughts I guess), Drowlord, Chaotic]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░