New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Uses for the crafting skill

I am trying to figure out if there are any rules for crafting items with mundane bonuses. Can you craft a sword with a higher crit multiplier? or armor with a higher max dex? If you all know where I could find an official source to these rules it would help a lot. So far the only thing I have been able to find is you can craft it more quickly or make it a masterwork item.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Uses for the crafting skill

Quote Originally Posted by frost890 View Post
    I am trying to figure out if there are any rules for crafting items with mundane bonuses. Can you craft a sword with a higher crit multiplier? or armor with a higher max dex? If you all know where I could find an official source to these rules it would help a lot. So far the only thing I have been able to find is you can craft it more quickly or make it a masterwork item.
    No. Any such thing is homebrew; there are a number of good projects for it already, such as Seerow's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Water_Bear View Post
    That's RAW for you; 100% Rules-Legal, 110% silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by hamishspence View Post
    "Common sense" and "RAW" are not exactly on speaking terms
    Projects: Homebrew, Gentlemen's Agreement, DMPCs, Forbidden Knowledge safety, and Top Ten Worst. Also, Quotes and RACSD are good.

Anyone knows blue is for sarcas'ing in · "Take 10 SAN damage from Dark Orchid" · Use of gray may indicate nitpicking · Green is sincerity