Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 45
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Loki's D&D Next IC

    The sun is high, making a beautiful day for your first day in the city of Berin. Once through the gate, the sounds and smells of the city assault your senses. Fresh meat cooking in the halfling caravans, hawkers selling their wares in the marketplace, children running through the streets, and guards scuffling with thieves. But one site rises above the others, that of the Baron's palace, right next to the Ivory Tower. The baron is hiring adventurer's to help rebuild Blingdenstone and earn the gnome's trust after the recent Drow attacks. Do you have what it takes?

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Juliana

    A well dressed woman picks her way through the streets with practiced ease. She avoids miscreants, peasants, children, merchants, and guards alike so as to keep her outfit immaculately clean. She pulls her shawl closer to her body to create an imaginary distance between herself and the rabble of the city. The woman, known as Juliana Ironhand to her compatriots, comported as if she were nobility. Of course, she was no such thing, but being a member of the Arcane Order made one act in certain ways. Of course, she was not so cold as to refuse beggars their coin, or to act as if she were high and mighty. Rather, she simply had an air of grace and nobility that few aside from true bluebloods conducted themselves with.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2012-11-16 at 08:25 PM.

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Sinas

    A few yards behind the woman trails a traveler in worn clothes, who could have passed for a human mercenary if not for his angular features and the tribal tattoo weaving across the side of his face, giving him away as an elf. Sinas strides smoothly through the crowd, eyes darting from person to person and an inquisitive look on his face. More than a few people eye him back, especially the elegant, leaf bladed greatsword he has slung over his back. Hes pretty pleased to have finally made it to the city of Berin, after living so long in the seclusion of his home tribe, and is ready to accept the baron's request.
    Last edited by YodaFlakes; 2012-11-17 at 06:03 PM.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Lucentio

    Following Sinas and Juliana is Lucentio. He's walking slowly, always nervously looking around, as if expecting an ambush, even on this quiet peaceful joyful day.

    Lucentio might be one of the most grim people you've ever seen, but he has reason to be grim. He knew what kind of creatures are hidden away in the deepest caverns and shadows, where the sun is but a legend and where the weight of the world crushes all hope of ever walking in the light again. He knew. He had seen them, he had worshipped them. He had escaped, he was now serving the gods of good, but he was scarred. Physically and mentally.

    Although he is strong, muscled, trained for physical combat, he doesn't look healthy. His skin hangs loose and sickly, from all the malnourishment from the time he was nourished not but food, but by his simple devotion to the dark alien forces. Dark bags under his eyes reveal that Lucentio's torment isn't over and robs him of his sleep, the lingering voices of dark alien gods still echo in his mind, calling him, tempting him.

    This strengthens him though, making him determined to be a force of good in this world, instead of a follower of evil. He doesn't laugh often, but he is totally committed to his cause and to his party, he'd die for them.

    Lucentio wears black armor and a long black cloak, having long dirty black hair. He still looks like the evil cultist he once was. He wanted to do away with his old clothes and armor long ago, but something... something in the back of his mind stopped him and convinced him not to...
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2012-11-17 at 03:52 AM.

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    The group of four makes it through the city with no problems, and ends up in front of the palace. It is relatively small compared to the wizarding tower right across from it, but easily dwarfs the other buildings around it, with it's own attached tower standing even taller. It has a large fountain in the courtyard, with a pathway leading up to large, opened doors. Standing inside of the building appear to be some other adventurer's, most likely applying for the same job as you. Before you can step in, an interior door slams shut, and a tall human with a bow walks briskly out of the building, almost knocking Julianna over.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Julianna

    A flurry of cloth covers Julianna's rather clumsy attempt at catching herself from falling. She glares at the man who blew past her so rudely. "Hmph! Why I never. At the university some people had the decency to recognize a student of magic when they saw one!" Julianna's righteous anger holds tight, and her lips twist into a thin smile that anyone who knew her well would recognize. That smile said "I'm going to get petty revenge" to her friends.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Smitty takes a step out to block the man's path. "You should be careful where you step, brother," he says, with a smirk on his face that reveals the exaggerated canines of his elvish heritage, giving him the look of a hyena mid laugh. "You owe this lady an apology," he says, crossing his arms and giving the man a predatory glare, "I see you're coming from the keep; care to tell us whats been going on in there?"
    Last edited by YodaFlakes; 2012-11-17 at 10:10 PM.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    "Yes you owe her" Dan hadn't spoken a lot on their way there, but he couldn't shut up on times like these. "You cannot just go around being careless of who you step on" He was likewise dressed on worn clothing as Smitty, but he carried very different equipment, most of it was needed to survive in the wild more than survive a straight fight, yet he moved confidently.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Lucentio

    Lucentio watched the group carefully. Of course, if Juliana had been in real danger, he's rushed in, drawn his weapon and smashed the guy's skull in, but the guy was just being rude and his other friends were already dealing with the situation. He saw no reason to get involved at let things escalate.

    Instead, he just remained there, quietly watching and observing. He didn't trust this guy, at all.

    May I roll for sense motive? If I may, wisdom (+4) en trained in sense motive (+3): (1d20+7)[14] If I'm not allowed to roll, ignore this please.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Lucentio:
    Spoiler
    Show
    From viewing the man's body language, you get the sense that if nothing else, he's extremely angry right now, a rage that's quickly rising as the smell proceeds throughout his clothes.


    With no one moving in to stop her, Julianna's magic takes hold, causing a foul stench to rise up through the man's clothes. Visibly shocked from the action, the man raises up his hand, preparing to strike at Julianna.

    Initiative(Party): (1d20+4)[16]
    Intiative(Man): (1d20+2)[17]

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Sorry for the double post, but I can't edit in Die rolls.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+1)[4]
    Damage: (1d4+1)[5]


    The man swings for Julianna, but misses by a wide mark.
    Last edited by Loki_42; 2012-11-18 at 10:18 AM.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Dan quickly moved to react to the man's aggression, he focussed his inner strength to try to defuse the situation.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Unarmed attack (1d20+7)[27]
    Damage (1d6+4)[5]
    If suceed to hit him I use stunning fist (Wis DC 14 or he is stunned)

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Lucentio

    Seeing the guy in anger and attacking Juliana, Lucentio draws his mace as well. Now the guy went to far. When he sees Dan attack, trying to defuse the situation, he smiles and says to himself: "Pfff, typically Dan. Doesn't he know it's already to late? As soon as the guy lay his fingers on one of us, he was doomed..."

    He runs to the guy and tries to smash his skull with his mace, shouting: "Fool! Kneel before us!"

    Roll to hit with mace (1d20 + 2 (for weapons) + 4 (strength): (1d20+6)[9]

    Roll for damage if hit: (1d6+4)[6]

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Julianna

    Juliana ducks out of the way none too elegantly, then straightens her clothing once more. "Why I... The nerve! You sir deserve the foul smell you've attained. Do you have an excuse behind your actions, or is trying to harm someone a greeting in your country?" The young wizard brushes herself off then gathers her arcane might, but holds it in check in case the man decides to attack again.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Julianna disengages 10ft away, then readies an action to Ray of Frost the guy if he keeps fighting. If it's not possible to do both, then she simply readies an action to Ray of Frost him.

    Magic Attack: (1d20+7)[23](+3 Magic Attack, +4 INT)
    Damage: (1d6+7)[9](+3 base, +4 INT) frost damage. His move speed is reduced by 10ft if it hits.

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    "HEY HEY HEY!" shouts Smitty as his friends begin to beat the tar out of the jerk-off human, "Lets be civilized about this...no weapons, Lucen. C'mon man we've been over this." Smitty then proceeds to gleefully aim a swift kick for man's crotch.

    Spoiler
    Show

    Unarmed strike: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage: (1d4+3)[7]

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Spoiler
    Show
    Wis save: (1d20+0)[16]


    Dan's fist meets the man's face, and he reels back in pain. He resteadies himself, then looks out across his opponents. As Lucentio's mace nearly hits his head, he raises up his hand's in surrender.

    "Please, please, no weapons! I'm sorry. I've just been having a really bad time of things, and these are brand new clothes."
    Last edited by Loki_42; 2012-11-18 at 03:26 PM.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Julianna

    The spell-slinger releases her grip on the arcane and just sighs at the man's antics. "Well now you've learned something: Be respectful and polite. Particularly to beautiful young ladies. In fact, for apologizing I will do my best to fix your problem." Julianna summons her magic once more for another burst of arcane energy. This time, she cleans the man's clothing. She casts it once more in order to replace his skunk musk with the scent of fresh pine needles.

    Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Prestidigitation, again as an At-Will due to Academic, and choosing to clean his clothes instead. Then another casting to cover up his smell.

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Lucentio

    Without saying anything, Lucentio puts his mace away. He doesn't smile though, still looking as grim as ever.

    "Pfff, coward," he mumbles.

    The voices in his head add to that,"Why is one given life if one fears death, little one? Burn like a torch, Lucentio, if only for an instant."

    Lucentio quickly looks around, making sure no one heard that.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    "Alright brother, no harm done" Smitty says amicably. "My name is Sinas, but my friends call me Smitty. Back to my earlier question, what exactly is going on in the keep that's causing you such problems? Maybe we can help each other out."

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    The man thanks Julianna for fixing his clothes and turns to Smitty. "Thanks for the offer, but I don't think you could help me. The Baron is looking for adventurers to go and help the gnomes at Blingdenstone, and I decided to give it a shot. There's not a whole lot here in town I want to hold on to. But I was interviewed, and they said they didn't want me working for them. So I don't think you could change their mind."

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Julianna

    "With your attitude? I would hope not. Maybe now that you've been taught proper respect, you might find yourself a smidgen more employable." Julianna turns toward the door the man exited and starts heading inside. Whether Smitty wanted to bring the man along like some kind of lost puppy was none of her concern after all.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    "Alright then, friend, best of luck." Smitty replies, "Were gonna go make us some money!" He then scampers off after Juliana, having lost interest in pine-fresh man.

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Slowly, Lucentio follow the rest, but first asks one more question to the man: "Did they tell you why they didn't want you?"

    Lucentio figured the answer might help them in their own interview.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    At Lucentio's question, the man looks sheepish. "Well, I don't like to admit this, but I have a criminal record. Nothing major, but the town guard knows it. I thought that doing this might help me change my reputation, but I guess I'll have to find some other way. The name's Derrick, by the way. Sorry about my attitude earlier, I've just been having a terrible week."

    The group heads inside. The building has a fabulous interior, easily matching the beauty and grandeur of the exterior. A woman sits at a desk, furiously scribbling ink onto paper. She looks up and says, "Are you adventurers? Go in there!" She points to a side room, where you see another adventuring group leaving, likely having received the same response as Derrick outside.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Ichneumon's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    "Nice to meet you Derrick. My apologies as well. Here is my card." He hands him a card. "Maybe we can have lunch sometime? I have a bad record myself, worshiped evil darkness for a couple of years, nothing too serious. People like us should look out for each other."

    He smiles, says goodbye and continues, following the group.
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 2012-11-21 at 04:53 PM.

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground
     
    ZeroNumerous's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2007

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Julianna

    Julianna follows Smitty's lead on this. After all, she had a tendency to cause problems that Smitty didn't, so she would happily defer to his command concerning dealing with others.

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    PaladinGuy

    Join Date
    Feb 2012

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Dan doeasn't feel much sympathy for the man, while his past seems worth of it, his overall attitude leaves too much to be desired. He then motions inside following Smitty while speaking to the rest of the group.
    "Well, let's go. We don't want to make our possible employers wait"

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground
     
    RogueGuy

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Smitty strides through the door and announces to the room, "Your search is over! The greatest adventures who have ever lived are here! WOOOO!" He then slaps the nearest person in the face, for emphasis. (assuming there is someone in melee range)

    (1d20+3)[17]
    (1d4+3)[5]

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Barbarian in the Playground
     
    BardGuy

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Unfortunately, the closest and only other person in the room is a halfling in leather armor, who you smack square in the face.

    Milo can now enter.

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    Meltheim's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Petaluma, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: Loki's D&D Next IC

    Milo

    The halfling tumbles backwards off of the small bench he had been sitting on. The sounds of his leather creak a bit as he gets to his feet. He's got brown hair, greenish eyes, a ruddy complexion and a bit of a belly. He looks far more like a brewmaster than anything else.

    "Who calls themselves an 'adventurer' these days? I mean, really? Aren't we all just trying to get by? Snag some coin, pinch a tush, drink a bit? Adventures seem entirely overrated . . . " He says the last to himself while eying the newcomers.

    DM
    Terenuri: Map IC OOC OOC2
    Ages of Athas: Map IC OOC OOC2

    RP Characters
    Samel - Human Invoker of Pelor
    Tombak - Halfling Thief
    Kriv - Dragonborn Bravura

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •