Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Post Julien's Diamond [IC]

Tale of King Julien

Spoiler
    Show
    It is well known that to the North lie the monsters. Horrible, grotesque beasts and sorcerers and wizards who call upon hellish spawn. Today, it is a wasteland, where they prowl in unorganized swarms and fight amongst each other. But this was not always the way. Once, they were legion, and they were united, under the foul Sorcerer King Archimago.

Archimago marched his foul hordes to the south, were he burnt and pillaged the innocent villagers and farmers, leveling strongholds and slaughtering knights. The barons and dukes could not respond appropriately, for they had no king. Archimago's forces reached the walls of the capitol of Valeria, Calaspia. But as he stood poised to destroy the way of life of the south, a man rode out and single handedly turned the tide of battle. The man was Julien, a man who wrought magic not with words, but with his blade. Archimago retreated, and Julien united the squabbling nobles under his own banner and defeated the sorcerer king for good.

King Julien reigned for a decade longer, before passing away and leaving the royal, eternally just House of Pryden ruling the now united kingdom. It is to King Julien whom we all owe our independence and liberty. He saved us all.

The players have been wandering for some time now, uneventfully. In a few hours, they'll arrive at the walled town of Shelm. It's not a busy place, but rumors of corruption from the archbishop of St. Cuthbert who rules there have spread far and wide. However, presumably the players are only going there with intentions of food and lodging (they will, however, have heard the rumors, and your players motivations are in your hands).

Take a moment to introduce yourselves and your characters.
    Last edited by Empedocles; 2012-11-17 at 02:08 PM.
    Extended Signature here.

Darth Vader avatar by Kymme

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Julien's Diamond [IC]

Bossa sees a familiar midnight furred shape lope out of the forest and come up alongside him.

His first memories of this creature were under the name "Mr. Fuzzy". Although later she claimed this was just "a northern predator whose shape is convenient for travel".

Between one step and the next his old friend left what was, despite her denials, a shape she found prettier than the wolves common in the region.

"Have our friends put forth a plan for peaceful approach?"

Although the tall figure next to him strode along on two legs now, with a long spear bouncing lightly in her right hand, he knew that the large elven eyes and ears under her deep hood clearly marked this as no "human form".
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-17 at 06:08 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

"What plan do we need?" the barbarian asks in a gruff, curt voice. Bossa seems nonplussed by her transformation. It's just something she did for as long as he knew her. When he was younger he thought it was an elf thing, turned out it was a Luna thing. "Walk to the front gate, ask to go in. Invoke sacred hositality if we have to. We are travellers, not bandits."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

4. - Top - End - #4

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler
    Show
    Movd now, yay!
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-18 at 04:48 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Perhaps a song may help?" Ann spoke awaiting for approval form her peers, she was always admirant of Luna's change, it never seemed to stop amazing her, she herself was capable of doing some interesting tricks, but nothing so amazing "with any luck they'd like it and won't bother to pay more attention than needed?"

6. - Top - End - #6

"I agree with the brute" says the slightly stubbled man, referring to the barbarian, but trying to sound friendly. "I don't think ye' need to do much more than walk in"
    Last edited by Cranthis; 2012-11-17 at 11:20 PM.
    Admiral Cranthis, Inventor of the Cranthis (Sandwich) and the Gnomish Paratroopers, and rider of Chuckles, the dire pig.

Awesome avatar by TinyMushroom!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Banned

"Corrupt priest? This is why I stopped going to church," Flick says trying to lighten the mood and make a joke. "One thing I know about these guys is this: they just brainwash the helpless masses. They're nothing but talk and speeches. We just expose him as a fraud, and the townspeople should turn on him easy enough.

"He probably has hundreds of gold pieces stashed up in his church. You'd better let me identify and appraise any valuables we find."

8. - Top - End - #8

"Gold? Valuables? My favorite words!" he says with a hearty laugh, but now seriously thinking about the riches to be found.
    Admiral Cranthis, Inventor of the Cranthis (Sandwich) and the Gnomish Paratroopers, and rider of Chuckles, the dire pig.

9. - Top - End - #9

GreenSorcererElf

"Your kind fears admitting foolishness even more than meeting outsiders. I doubt they would respond so well."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Banned

"Just remember, the gold might be trapped. You should let me examine any valuables we find first so I can tell you if it's safe to own."
    Last edited by Dr.Epic; 2012-11-18 at 06:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

"I stand corrected," Bossa says dryly, "only most of us aren't bandits. That a church-man is corrupt is not new, but you are counting chickens before they are laid. You have a rumor. That's it." He could also tell them there might also not be any treasure, but he's killed their buzz enough today.

My Characters

12. - Top - End - #12

PaladinGuy

"And it's not nice to pre-judge people on rumorus alone" Ann added "I know it from experience. At least wait to have soem first hand experience before making that kind of plans"

13. - Top - End - #13

GreenSorcererElf

I wonder if humans are so obsessed with gems and gold because they wish to connect their brief lives with something more lasting... it's so sad.

Luna mused silently on the nature of humans who had so little time, yet wasted it accumulating things that could not love them back.
    Last edited by sdream; 2012-11-18 at 08:05 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Banned

"Better to plan for every situation. If this priest is corrupt, he'd wouldn't hesitate to do away with us. I say be prepared and don't let him have the opportunity," Flick says.

15. - Top - End - #15

PaladinGuy

"Couldn't we try to lay low for a change? it is easier to stay out of trouble if we don't call the attention so much."

16. - Top - End - #16
    Banned

"Don't worry. I'll use my natural charms to learn everything we need to know."

17. - Top - End - #17

"I like where Half-y over here is going with this" he says, referring to Flick. "Any chance to proliferate plentiful pounds of platinum and gold, is a chance I might take."

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

"What makes you think he would do away with us? He knows nothing of us. We are not even in the city," Bossa says, being strangely rational for a barbarian. "I also don't like the idea of beating up a church-man and taking his money. Some old, fat man would bring me no challenge. Let's enter the city. We may find a better way of earning than rumors."

My Characters

19. - Top - End - #19

Post Re: Julien's Diamond [IC]

The players begin to proceed to the town. However, the walk seems to be taking longer then they expected, and just as they think they're about to arrive, they instead encounter a quaint little house in the middle of a clearing. It's made out of wood, but seems to be well kept. There's a small garden around the front. The door is very slightly ajar.

Spoiler
    Show
    It should strike the players as a little odd that they came upon such a clearing so suddenly. It seems to them as though it should have been visible from farther away.
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

20. - Top - End - #20

Kelsier stops walking immediately. "Hold on 'ere. Something isn't right" he says, clearly suspicious.

21. - Top - End - #21

PaladinGuy

"¿Could it be a magic aura?" Ann started focussing her mind while chanting and making gestures in order to sense if anything out of the ordinary emanated from the house (OOC Cast Detect Magic).

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiisaxo View Post
    "¿Could it be a magic aura?" Ann started focussing her mind while chanting and making gestures in order to sense if anything out of the ordinary emanated from the house (OOC Cast Detect Magic).
    You sense some vague wisps of magical energy, but nothing that could really be considered out of the ordinary.
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

23. - Top - End - #23
    Banned

Flick places his hand on his rapier and readies an action to draw it at the first sign of a hostile enemy.

24. - Top - End - #24

Kelsier pulls his crossbow out and places in a bolt. He slowly moves up to the house, trying to be stealthy, and looks for a window to peer into.

25. - Top - End - #25

GreenSorcererElf

Luna frowns disapprovingly at her companions unseemly concern.

"Treating unknowns as enemies is a good way to make it so."

She walks calmly up to the front door and knocks firmly:
    "Hello! Friendly travelers would like to exchange news."

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Bossa agrees with Luna's words, just not so much her actions. If he sees something iffy, he'd much rather go around it. Since the team has decided to approach the cabin, he'll have no choice but to err on the side of caution. He draws his club and keeps an appropriate distance. He can rush in if anything bad happens.

My Characters

27. - Top - End - #27

GreenSorcererElf

Luna repeats her greeting in sylvan.

28. - Top - End - #28

Kelsier, you peer into what appears as a completely innocent little room, with a fireplace, two rocking chairs, and several tables located low enough that you can guess they are for children. You don't see any signs of people, and the fireplace is dead.

Luna, your firm knocks push the already ajar door slightly further open, though you still cannot see well through the crack. Clearly, whatever room you have opened the doorway into is windowless.
    Extended Signature here.

SWSE Campaign:
    IC Thread
    OOC Thread

29. - Top - End - #29

GreenSorcererElf

Luna takes a step back from the doorway, plants her spear firmly in the dirt and leans on it.

She is prepared to wait a while for a response, or for her friends to decide to investigate more deeply.

(She has noticed some of them have a great deal of curiosity and very low respect for privacy or ownership.)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Banned

Flick, tired of waiting for something to happen, ignores the house and proceeds to continue to town. "Come on. We have a priest to investigate."