Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Eternity of Darkness OOC II

Quote Originally Posted by Rising Phoenix View Post
    I don't remember Maria's player, but if any of the characters has left than no they should get as little exp as possible. [Plus I want Mike to hit level 7...]

Good to hear that only a few people have left.
    banthesun is Maria's player
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Fire emblem avatar by Water_and_Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerpriest
    Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still here, I probably won't be able to post IC tonight, but I'm definitely still interested in this game!

Maria Reising (and Baron)

"Keep your distance, I can fight!"

Shaman/Witch

Water Affinity

Stats:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 19
    Mag: 6
    Skl: 7
    Spd: 6
    Luck: 4
    Def: 1
    Res: 5

Growths:
    Spoiler
    Show
    HP: 55%
    Mag: 50%
    Skl: 45%
    Spd: 45%
    Luck: 35%
    Def: 25%
    Res: 45%

Background:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Raised in a remote mountain town in Narf, Maria's early life was somewhat sheltered. Her father left on a journey when she was very young, and never returned. Maria has few memories of him and was cared for exclusively by her mother Ania until she was seven. Her mother has never told her why her father left.

A few months after her seventh birthday, Maria and her mother were visited by the local witch, Cadenza Stavaas, who served as a herbalist for the nearby towns. Ms Stavaas offered to train Maria in her art, and Ania agreed, knowing that Maria would be better provided for by her.

Witch training was very practical business, closer to an apprenticeship to any scholastic training. Maria would follow Ms Stavaas on all her business, travelling around the area in doing so. Though her training was hard, Maria grew used to it. Despite living in Ms Stavaas's cottage she was able to visit her mother often. Her training did prevent her from forming close friendships with any of the other children her age. Providing companionship is a small black cat she named Baron. She raised Baron from a kitten, and now he rarely strays from her side for long.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maria is naturally very bright and friendly. She is an energetic person and tries to find the best in everyone. However, her years of training have left her very reserved and practical, and a somewhat formal when dealing with others. Though she understands people and psychology rather well, she has little experience with relationships, and has trouble relating her knowledge to personal situations. Though not particularly courageous or driven, Maria has a strong sense of duty, and always does her best for what she believes is right. She is occasionally taken to deep thought and sometimes spaces out, a trait that she feels is unbefitting her role as witch.

Are we updating our characters when we repost them here, or just reposting?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

3. - Top - End - #33
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Make that all of Heaven Team is still in.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

So yeah my plan still stands.
    A pokemon emerald nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=212805 Complete.
    Blazing hate a Fire red nuzlocke http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=222017
    Fire emblem 7 Nuzlocke inspired http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=240176 Complete

Since a Druid is really hard to screw up bar the player taking asynergistic choices. Since summon more bears is always decent

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by banthesun View Post
    Are we updating our characters when we repost them here, or just reposting?
    Usually it's just a repost. I did find links for anybody that had one in the first OOC and stick them into the first page, so it's not completely necessary, but meh.

As for that, there is one question I have. Somebody had a backstory with a mentor of ambiguous gender. I think it was silphael, but I honestly don't remember. I might have it in my notes somewhere at home, but I'm not home until tomorrow. There were a few character posts that never made it to the OOC, which is why I ask. (I do have their stats in my notes, so that's not a problem)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

6. - Top - End - #36

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Axes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hammer
    Durability: 20
    Range: 1
    Weight: 17
    Might: 10
    Hit: 60
    Crit: 0
    Worth: 800
    Special Notes: Effective against Armored units.

Poleax
    Durability: 18
    Might: 10
    Worth: 810
    Special Notes: Effective against Mounted units.

Venin Axe
    Durability: 40
    Weight: 11
    Might: 6
    Worth: 360
    Special Notes: Poisons target of a successful attack

Killer Axe
    Durability: 20
    Weight: 12
    Might: 11
    Hit: 65
    Crit: 30
    Worth: 1000

Brave Axe
    Durability: 30
    Might: 11
    Worth: 5250
    Special Notes: Attack twice for every attack you would get with a different weapon.

Silver Axe
    Durability: 30
    Weight: 13
    Might: 15
    Hit: 70
    Worth: 1440

Tomahawk
    Durability: 15
    Range: 1-2
    Weight: 16
    Might: 13
    Crit: 5
    Worth: 5550
    Why are these axes so heavy? IE, different from 7/8? 15, 15, 10, 11, 15, 12, 14 respectively.

Edit: I ask because I am an axe-man, of course, and I believe I brought it up before, but it got lost or whatever. Also, would it be easier to work Tanat into the the game if he was a pirate? Obviously it would change his story a bit.
    Last edited by ZeltArruin; 2012-11-20 at 10:59 AM.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

I almost want to make Ronnie a Templar, but I'm not sure how to change her/his backstory to fit that.

However, there is a problem: the growths. The Templar only has 4 Stat and +5% Growth more than the Monk and 3 Stat/10% more than the Soldier, and has a whole stat more to use it on. That's ignoring the fact that you only get 30% more growth than the absolute minimum growth total for the class, when you have 50% more for both Monk and Soldier. It's versatile in theory, but in practice, the class is more or less forced to have one good attacking stat and one sucky one, barring RNG favor.

Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.

Recruiting for M&M 3E Avatar: The Last Airbender AU game

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I almost want to make Ronnie a Templar, but I'm not sure how to change her/his backstory to fit that.

However, there is a problem: the growths. The Templar only has 4 Stat and +5% Growth more than the Monk and 3 Stat/10% more than the Soldier, and has a whole stat more to use it on. That's ignoring the fact that you only get 30% more growth than the absolute minimum growth total for the class, when you have 50% more for both Monk and Soldier. It's versatile in theory, but in practice, the class is more or less forced to have one good attacking stat and one sucky one, barring RNG favor.
    Templers have different base stats and growths now. (Can't remember them off the top of my head though.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

From this very thread:

Templar Stats:
    Light, Lances, 3 Move, 12 Con
    Starting Stats:

HP: 22-25
    Str: 5-8
    Mag: 2-6
    Skl: 3-7
    Spd: 2-6
    Luck: 1-4
    Def: 5-9
    Res: 0-4
    Maximum Points Allowed: 51 (40 Mins)

Growths:

HP: 60%-75%
    Str: 45-60%
    Mag: 30-50%
    Skl: 25%-45%
    Spd: 30%-45%
    Luck: 20%-35%
    Def: 45%-65%
    Res: 25%-40%
    Maximum % Allowed: 310%
    Also: 3 Move. So not only are you a poor-to-decent Knight who casts Dancing Lights at people your spear can't damage (IE, Probably still won't do too much), you're lagging behind the rest of the group.
    Last edited by Herpestidae; 2012-11-20 at 12:27 PM.

Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.

Recruiting for M&M 3E Avatar: The Last Airbender AU game

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    Why are these axes so heavy? IE, different from 7/8? 15, 15, 10, 11, 15, 12, 14 respectively.
    I don't know, they're the same as TheSummoner's game. I'll change them, since this is Con based, not Str based.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeltArruin View Post
    Edit: I ask because I am an axe-man, of course, and I believe I brought it up before, but it got lost or whatever. Also, would it be easier to work Tanat into the the game if he was a pirate? Obviously it would change his story a bit.
    Mm... I'm not sure. Maybe? Honestly, the fact that he's from Bress and he's likely to show up on the opposite side of the continent is what makes it difficult.

Also: 3 Move. So not only are you a poor-to-decent Knight who casts Dancing Lights at people your spear can't damage (IE, Probably still won't do too much), you're lagging behind the rest of the group.
    Yeah, that was the wrong draft. I put up the new one.

In this game, every class has one less move than they would in an actual game. (Something else that carries over from TheSummoner's game) While I'm not against giving the Templar class 4 mov, it's not as bad as you're making it seem.

That, and it would be a lot harder for me to fit Ronnie in as a Templar.
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-20 at 12:35 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

From this very thread:

Yes, but I'm telling you that he changed it, for instance the Spellsword class in this thread uses Str and Mag. On Jennifer's stat sheet instead of both of them she has Myst.

He just forgot to change it in this thread

@Penguinator Do swords, Lances, and Bows get lighter?
    Last edited by Illven; 2012-11-20 at 12:37 PM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Troll in the Playground

Axes are heavy because they're supposed to be heavier than the other weapon types.

You'll notice axe wielding classes generally have higher base cons as well.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

3DS Friend Code: 3411-1771-4133
    Friend Safari: Dunsparce, Minccinno, Eevee

13. - Top - End - #43

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Axes are heavy because they're supposed to be heavier than the other weapon types.

You'll notice axe wielding classes generally have higher base cons as well.
    Yes, but the weights for axes vary from the other con based games. I haven't checked the other weapons.
    ~ZA

Pokemon I breed
    Dratini, Scyther, Skiddo, Ferroseed(SR, Spikes, Leech Seed), Growlithe(Morning Sun, Crunch, Close Combat), Larvitar(SR, Prusuit), Staryu, Chansey(Aroma Therepy, Seismic Toss), Gible, Eevee(Wish), Inkay, Magickarp, Riolu(Crunch, Bullet Punch), Charmander(Dragon Dance, Outrage), Frokie, Rotom, Drillbur, Vullaby(Knockoff, Foul Play), Pumpkaboo(destiny bond), fletchinder, goomy, chimchar(thunderpunch, firepunch, fakeout), swinub(SR, icicle crash)

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

In a comparison with Sacred Stones, the only weapons which differ a lot are the Tomahawk, Spear, and effective weaponry, like Armorslayers and Heavy Spears. I'll change those to make them lighter, but for the most part, everything else is either the same as or within one point (higher or lower) of the Sacred Stones weight.

Also, I'll keep the support points as they were (25/35/45) for now, but I'll hold back on the unlimited supports until I can figure out a better way to do supports without penalizing "opposing affinities."
    Last edited by Penguinator; 2012-11-20 at 03:15 PM.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

15. - Top - End - #45

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    And considering the past has proved that me and Rising Phoenix are the only people on heaven team willing to plan... I really hope Rising Phoenix has a better head for this sort of thing.
    Well, I might try my hand at this then.

Chelsea to K14 and attack, gets +1 support with everyone
    Mike to H14 and wait
    Maria to J13 and attack, gets +1 support with everyone else
    If the bandit is still alive, Jennifer moves to H13 and attacks with fire for a 100% chance to kill (+ 1 support point with Mike, meaning everyone in our little group gets +1 support with each other )
    Otherwise, she can move to G13
    Alex can javelin the archer for a chance to kill
    Lauren repeats her last move, D6, heal Alex, canto to D5

How's that sound to everyone? And if someone could double check my calculations that'd be great, I'm assuming Bandit 6 is on 14 HP, since he took 12 damage from Jennifer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome Iron Chef avatars by Neoseph7! Murkrow avatar of coolness by Introbulus!

16. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Now guys, I can update pretty freely until Monday rolls around, so if you get more support behind your plans, I can start going.

Also, I've decided to start using Sairyu's influence system. For those of you who haven't seen it before, this means that things like

"But surely you see we've killed all the other cultists"
    (Attempt: Influence cultist leader to surrender)
    or
    "Come this way, there are cultists over there"
    (Attempt: Influence NPCs to move towards me)

will have actual mechanical value, rather than depending on how I'm feeling at the time.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I might try my hand at this then.

Chelsea to K14 and attack, gets +1 support with everyone
    Mike to H14 and wait
    Maria to J13 and attack, gets +1 support with everyone else
    If the bandit is still alive, Jennifer moves to H13 and attacks with fire for a 100% chance to kill (+ 1 support point with Mike, meaning everyone in our little group gets +1 support with each other )
    Otherwise, she can move to G13
    Alex can javelin the archer for a chance to kill
    Lauren repeats her last move, D6, heal Alex, canto to D5

How's that sound to everyone? And if someone could double check my calculations that'd be great, I'm assuming Bandit 6 is on 14 HP, since he took 12 damage from Jennifer.
    Jennifer won't have a 100% chance to kill, she only has that hit chance with a sword.

Now guys, I can update pretty freely until Monday rolls around, so if you get more support behind your plans, I can start going.

Also, I've decided to start using Sairyu's influence system. For those of you who haven't seen it before, this means that things like

"But surely you see we've killed all the other cultists"
    (Attempt: Influence cultist leader to surrender)
    or
    "Come this way, there are cultists over there"
    (Attempt: Influence NPCs to move towards me)

will have actual mechanical value, rather than depending on how I'm feeling at the time.
    Will characters get a bonus to certain influence checks. Like Alexandria gets a bonus to tactical checks, with a penalty to getting people to act nice to us. While Jennifer has the opposite?

18. - Top - End - #48

Jennifer won't have a 100% chance to kill, she only has that hit chance with a sword.
    Whoops, thanks for catching that. Regardless, even if he survives he can't kill any of us, so I think the plan is still fine.
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Will characters get a bonus to certain influence checks. Like Alexandria gets a bonus to tactical checks, with a penalty to getting people to act nice to us. While Jennifer has the opposite?
    It's built into the system, yes. And the roleplaying gives additional advantages/disadvantages. As for charismatic bonuses, that's less on the characters themselves and more on the roleplaying. (I mean, it seems kind of unfair to say "this character always has a -5 penalty to influence checks because they're a jerk" when not every person in existence knows they're a jerk)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

Whoops, thanks for catching that. Regardless, even if he survives he can't kill any of us, so I think the plan is still fine.
    I prefer my plan, it gives Chelsea the kill exp if Maria misses, who needs it more then Jennifer.

It's built into the system, yes. And the roleplaying gives additional advantages/disadvantages. As for charismatic bonuses, that's less on the characters themselves and more on the roleplaying. (I mean, it seems kind of unfair to say "this character always has a -5 penalty to influence checks because they're a jerk" when not every person in existence knows they're a jerk)
    Well I figure it'd be more characters having a bonus or penalty on certain checks.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Well I figure it'd be more characters having a bonus or penalty on certain checks.
    Yes, it's like Nina and haggling. I understand.
    But the examples you gave included checks based on charisma ("people being nice to us"). Where tactical knowledge would be a specific field, charisma based approaches are something entirely different.

It may be best to give an example, based on how I perceive that particular example.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical information:
    Alexandria attempts to perform some maneuver that a soldier of Laos would know: This grants a competency bonus.
    Jennifer does the same: No competency bonus; she's not a "trained" soldier. (May incur a penalty depending on how difficult said maneuver is)

"People being nice to us"
    Alexandria goes up to a merchant and says, "Hi, I'm from Laos. Can I buy a vulnerary?" The merchant says: "What a jerk. 500 gold."
    Jennifer goes up to a merchant and says, "Hi, I'm from Laos. Can I buy a vulnerary?" The merchant says: "How kind. 100 gold."

In actuality, the first example is what would happen. The second example, not so much. In character, is Jennifer more likeable than Alexandria? Usually. If, however, they approach a merchant/NPC/whomever who has no idea who they are, and said the same exact thing, there would be no difference in the response. (Aside from non-verbal cues. If Alexandria says the same thing as Jennifer while swinging her lance angrily, there would be a different response)

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, it's like Nina and haggling. I understand.
    But the examples you gave included checks based on charisma ("people being nice to us"). Where tactical knowledge would be a specific field, charisma based approaches are something entirely different.

It may be best to give an example, based on how I perceive that particular example.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical information:
    Alexandria attempts to perform some maneuver that a soldier of Laos would know: This grants a competency bonus.
    Jennifer does the same: No competency bonus; she's not a "trained" soldier. (May incur a penalty depending on how difficult said maneuver is)

Alexandria goes up to a merchant and says, "Hi, I'm from Laos. Can I buy a vulnerary?" The merchant says: "What a jerk. 500 gold."
    Jennifer goes up to a merchant and says, "Hi, I'm from Laos. Can I buy a vulnerary?" The merchant says: "How kind. 100 gold."

In actuality, the first example is what would happen. The second example, not so much. In character, is Jennifer more likeable than Alexandria? Usually. If, however, they approach a merchant/NPC/whomever who has no idea who they are, and said the same exact thing, there would be no difference in the response. (Aside from non-verbal cues. If Alexandria says the same thing as Jennifer while swinging her lance angrily, there would be a different response)
    So Jennifer would get bonuses for maneuvers typical of sword-fighters, and mages?

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

So Jennifer would get bonuses for maneuvers typical of sword-fighters, and mages?
    Yes, and she's got "knowledge: arcana" as a class skill (having been trained at a university). But it's not limited to just those things, mind you, that's just an example.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Yes, and she's got "knowledge: arcana" as a class skill (having been trained at a university). But it's not limited to just those things, mind you, that's just an example.
    Huh, Jennifer as a D&D character.

Probably a Gish of some kind, With above average Intelligence (12-13) Terrible Wisdom (3-5) And good Charisma (14-15)

25. - Top - End - #55

I prefer my plan, it gives Chelsea the kill exp if Maria misses, who needs it more then Jennifer.
    Oh, whoops, I'd completely missed your plan... And I'd been feeling so suprised that no one had made a plan before me...

Well, I'm perfectly fine with your plan then!
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #56

Spoiler
    Show
    Tactical information:

This made me smirk.

The thought of Alex doing that to a merchant is kinda funny.

Oh to the people here who celebrate it: HAPPY THANKSGIVING~
    "NEVER! OH GOD POLICE BRUTALITY POLICE BRUTALITY"
    ~Spike from Illven's pokemon lets play

It takes as much effort to make a five year old laugh as it does me. Enjoy doing that XD

we ARE the heroes that they deserve, we just aren't the ones that they need Fire emblem Fragments of Chaos. Become a hero today~

Awesome avatar of my fire emblem character Layla Cauni done by Herpestidae
    My deviantart account

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

The proper response to being demanded 5x the regular price is to point your weapon at them and ask "How much it cost now?"
    Quick link for Forum Emblem Rules

Megaman 9: Mr. Perfect Challenge
    I DID IT!!! I FINALLY DID IT!!!

Megaman 10: Mr. Perfect Challenge
    I DID... Ya know what? It's not nearly as hard as 9 was...

28. - Top - End - #58
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Updates are up, and I forgot that Heaven Team had bought a Fire tome, so their gold was not the flat 5000.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

Plan time.

Alexandria moves to B3

Lauren moves to B2 and heals Alexandria.

The convoy moves to C3

Jennifer moves to E11

Mike moves to G11

Maria moves to G12 and shoves Mike to F11

Chelsea moves to G13 and shoves Maria to G11.

This should lure the bandit to Jennifer and away from Alexandria, The archer should go after Mike who can take it.

This should give the lovebirds two support points, and Mike should get a support point with Maria.

How does this sound?

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

How does this sound?
    No shoving in this game.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.