New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default good vestiges for a binder thief?

In a pbp I'm in as a 6th level binder at the moment, I was pondering having him try to rob a few of the city's(possibly corrupt, though I haven't actually encountered anything but their names yet) wealthy townsfolk to both help him fund his search for a mystic pomegranate tree, as well as divert some o the money from selling it to the poor(but only if he ends up stealing from a corrupt townsfolk as far as he can tell).

The problem I've reached is figuring out which vestige to use for this...
    I intend to have him try to use stealth, since the lowest level people in the setting are level 4+(as he's only level 6), and spell casters are fairly common.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: good vestiges for a binder thief?

I have a soft spot for Malphas. Use Birds Eye Viewing to scout out the place: where the goodies are kept, number of guards, when do they change shift etc.

In fact, since you CONTROL the raven (rather than merely ordering it), you can have it take unusually intelligent actions, such as flying off with a jewel in its beak. Or triggering explosives to cause a distraction on the other side of the house which you plan to rob (don't worry if it dies since you can easily resummon another).
    ESPRE Super Powers Roleplay Engine: An open game RPG about super powers.
    Spoiler
    Show

Trissociate 3.5 Homebrew Base Class. Mix & match abilites & templates to make virtually any sort of character!
    Emerald Legion A Mind Flayer's guide to breeding Ikea Tarrasques
    The Blob Ikea Tarrasques Redux through Fusion+Astral Seed
    Spellblade Tennis Throw out nigh infinite spells per round
    Sleeping Raven Infinite Blood Frenzy Nigh infinite melee damage exploit

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: good vestiges for a binder thief?

The scouting with the bird is a brillient idea.
    I could also have it act as a dsitraction if he does get caught, long enough to escape using Malphas' invisibility(only lasts 6 rounds in this case, but if the guards[or whatever might catch him] are looking at the bird when I use it, I might be able to lose them)
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]