1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Into the (fey)wild blue yonder

My players have an artifact they need to hide, and they've decided to do so in the Feywild, cross-planar tracking being a complicated thing.

Now, I've never run a game where there was cross-planar travel, much less to the Feywild. I have three of the plane books (Manual of the Plans, Planes Above, Planes Below), but does anyone have any advice for running a short-medium jaunt through this place?
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Into the (fey)wild blue yonder

One part Grimm Brothers, one part Paprika, a dash of Changeling: the Lost, season to taste? Keep it weird, keep it fantastical.

Well, if you're comfortable exercising a lot of creative license. I don't actually know what the Feywild is like, "officially".
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

Basically the above, go as crazy weird magical fairy tale-y as you want. Alice in Wonderland also works well for the Feywild in small doses.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeGuitarrem View Post
    One part Grimm Brothers, one part Paprika, a dash of Changeling: the Lost, season to taste? Keep it weird, keep it fantastical.

Well, if you're comfortable exercising a lot of creative license. I don't actually know what the Feywild is like, "officially".
    Okay, I know the Grimm Brothers, but I don't really know what the others are.
    Halbert's Cubicle - Wherein I write about gaming and . . . you know . . . stuff.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by WitchSlayer View Post
    Basically the above, go as crazy weird magical fairy tale-y as you want. Alice in Wonderland also works well for the Feywild in small doses.
    I...can't believe I forgot Alice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal View Post
    Okay, I know the Grimm Brothers, but I don't really know what the others are.
    Paprika is a highly trippy Japanese animated film about dreams and all their weirdnesses (blurring the lines between fantasy and reality), and Changeling: the Lost is a White Wolf roleplaying game about humans who escaped from the Faerie realm, and who are now partially fey creatures.

I will attach a warning to Paprika: it's definitely R-rated material at parts, including a depiction of sexual assault. Because, well, A) dreams are freaky stuff at times and B) creepy villain is creepy. There's definitely a lot to mine from, though. If nothing else, search up the parade scene (content-wise, it's tame), it contains a suitable amount of trippiness.
    Ludicrus Gaming | My Steam Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Hayao Miyazaki's Spirited Away is another good one. Both European tales of the Fey and Japanese tales of Yokai are similar in ways...

Magic... magic never changes