New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 32 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

I'm doing the intros differently and starting in media res with the first day of school. Your objectives and behinds the scenes information will be PM'd to you as soon as possible.

Home Room H1 – History: Lelouch, Panty, Stocking and Zim, taught by Smedry

A stifling classroom of unusual decor (To be described by Colsegn if he pleases) on the top floor of the Ashford Academy of Forks, Washington, Britannia. The school for the best and the brightest children of the Empire. Not the sort of place you would expect to find a half mad man from a secret army fighting a vast conspiracy to be teaching a Prince in Exhile, a pair of half fallen Angels and an Alien invader the truth of the world. A slightly gothic young woman keeps eyeing the PCs strangely but she doesn't say anything to them directly.

Home Room G3 – Gym: Death, Liz and Patti, Emiya, Souske and Gary

A fit young man of native Britannian descent and a long pony tail greets you all as you enter the gym. “My name is Mr. Oliver, this is my first year teaching here at Ashford's since the economy of Reefside tanked with string of 'natural disasters' plauging the town.”

You can hear the air quotes around the words national disasters as though he knew something else was the cause of the South Western town's plight.

“To help me learn your names I'd like you to each say your name and a little about yourselves.”

Home Room S2 – Science: Light, Maka, and Soul, taught by Hank

A classroom of Draxx's description in the basement of the school with next to no actual light. It's probably the best such a high end school could afford to give to a mutant facility member without losing support from many noble houses but the Xavier's and Ashford's go way back allowing Charles to get his pupil this job.

Admission's Office: Cass and Steph

The appointed headmaster of the school to run it in the absence of owner, Mr. Ashford is surprisingly Asian. Japanese, Eleven even the most recently conquered Area within the Empire. He frowns over the applications of the two young vigilantes. “While Mr. Ashford appreciates Mr. Wayne's continued support of the school I'm afraid we do not have a place for one such as Ms. Caine. Even our extensive ESL program is not outfitted for someone like her with no verbal or written lingual skills at all. That is before we even get into the security risks presented by her parentage...”

Dormitories – Archer, Sebastian, C.C and Ryuk

Your various magical senses detect a powerful dark force crossing the rather weak but still present threshold of the Dormitories. Whatever it is it's powerful but not well restrained with it's power leaking all across the campus wildly.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-11-29 at 04:12 PM.
    Rural Reign An Original Superhero Webcomic Written by Me and AteMozzarlla

Darkblade Avatar by Necropaladin

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: (Twi) Twilight XI: School Days

Death the Kid(Kid for short), Liz, and Patti

Kid feeling that Mr.Oliver's line of questioning is normal decides to speak up first. He speaks in an elegant gentleman's voice which is rather smooth. "Hello Mr.Oliver, my name is Kid, just Kid. As for something about myself I like order. For everything to be precise and perfect. The best expression of this is symmetry and symmetry is..." He is then cut off by the taller and older Thompson sister Liz. "Yeah Teach, gonna have to stop him right there or he'll be talking about symmetry for the entire period. As for me, I'm Elizebeth Thompson. Just call me Liz. I like your usual teenage girl stuff romance novels, fashion, and magazines. However I hate ghosts." There is then the frantic hand waving of younger and bustier Thompson sister Patti. "Oh, oh, oh me next, me next! I'm Patricia Thompson, though if you don't call me Patti I'll break your friggin neck! I like giraffes! I also hate meanies." She says all of this with a vibrant smile on her face. Except the part where she said call her Patti, she seemed quite serious about that.

Maka and Soul

Soul had his head down on his desk well on his way to snooze town. Back at the DWMA he never paid attention in class, why would he start now? Besides Maka would tell him whatever he missed and would help him with the homework. Speaking of the demon scythes meister, Maka was currently looking at one Light Yagami in her class. She was looking at him with an unreadable expression. What she was really doing however was looking at his soul using her Soul Perception techniqe. After all he was one of the targets with a Kishin Egg soul. it was better to see how far along it was.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Beast
    Beast had many interests, an all encompassing curiosity that stretched over every conceivable aspect of culture and science. Whatever it was, he had an opinion on it. But his greatest was teaching. Even after joining the agency to monitor the world and police extra-terrestrial activity, he had retained that love, and so had volunteered for this job.

The room was a lab, which meant big sturdy tables, beakers and test-tubes of every size and shape, stacked neatly, along with all the other wonders of glasswork whose function escaped immediate identification. That was to be expected, as were the bunsen burners, scaples and , tray of chemicals in tiny bottles labeled in spidery handwriting. But it would seem that Beast had read the syllabus and wanted no part in it, because the rest was far more interesting.

An enormous maze of contorted pipe-work stood on the front desk, various bottled impossibilities whirling and bubbling enticingly within, the chemicals changing form and shape, going from solid to liquid to gas and back again, sometimes joining, sometimes separating, as it undertook some unimaginably complex dance that seemed beyond human reasoning to grasp. Even the most bored and cynical student felt they could watch that for the entire period without getting bored.

The wall across had been rebuilt with heavy shelving, and books of every description filled them, all well-pawed and marked for easy referral, clearly ordered according to the disciplined mind of their owner. The spines were so creased easy identification was hard, but many of them looked extremely valuable.

Filling up every patch of bare wall were posters, some showing every known specie of whale, others showing a cross-section of the human brain or maps of the world forty thousand years out of date. Anyone could find something of interest up there, no matter how diverse their interests. A complete assembled pterodactyl skeleton hung from the roof, turning lazily, and a robotic human with the top of his head removed stood in the corner, propped up to give the students a good look at his inner workings.

The blackboard was covered in seemingly nonsense equations as complex as a neural network, brackets enclosing expressions which were to normal mathematics what a city is to a map, each more incomprehensible then the last. It narrowed to a point and the point was just a very simple symbol, '='. But no answer was forthcoming.

In short, it was the room of one who knew their subject matter very well, and wanted to get you interested enough to listen to what he had to say. But there was no sign of him. Not yet.

The class gathered, looking about in wonder, too overwhelmed to take advantage of an unsupervised classroom. Then at last, the door behind the desk opened with a creak, to reveal 'Dr. McCoy.'

He was well built for a simian, let alone a human (though he was far more simian then human), covered in a thick, tufted blue fur, his features feline and movements with the easy balance and surety of a professional athlete. He was bare-chested, which was horrifically against school dress-codes and Oc-Health and safety requirements, but somehow it suited him. He also had a pair of half-moon spectacles that he wore when reading or wanting to appear distinguished.

Ignoring the quiet, stares and palpable fear with the ease of one studied at being different, he moved smoothly over to the chalkboard, his body rippling as he did so, picked up the chalk delicately, then turned to them, acting for all the world as if this was the most normal thing anyone had ever seen.

"My name is Dr Henry Philip McCoy. As you have noticed, perceptive as you doubtless are, I am not like you. If you want to know why, then wait for period three, when I shall be teaching biology. For now, satisfy yourselves with chemistry, the central science."

He stared around them, and they couldn't help but notice how perceptive he seemed. As if all it took to know them was a glance. "Chemistry is the science of matter, especially its properties, but also its composition, structure and reactions when exposed to different conditions and types of matter. We shall be learning about that, but what it is is far less interesting then what can be done with it." He has a deep voice, warm and pleasant but not human. It's not obvious, but once you've noticed it's quite distracting.

"Now that we've determined what you are here to learn, lets discuss the journey, infinitely more interesting then the destination. Knowing the answers is never as important as knowing the questions, and if you can remember that then you've made the first step towards understanding science. It is, afterall, about discovery. But before we begin our foray into that, I think it best we lay down the groundwork."

He looks down at his list a moment, considering carefully, then settled on a likely looking candidate, then looks up. "If you could please tell me a little about yourselves?"

Emiya Shirou
    The tall, red headed boy looks up, startled, then holds up his hands in a slightly goofy manner, coming of as a bit of a bumbling idiot as far as first impressions are concerned. "Ah, not much to be told, really." He says. "I'm an orphan, my family died ten years ago in the Great fire of Shinto, but was adopted by Emiya Kiritsugu, who died as well. I sort of look after myself now."

Having satisfied the need for identification, he sits back, tension leaving his shoulders, crisis averted.
    Last edited by Draxx; 2011-11-28 at 07:35 AM.
    'C'est la vie' - Such is life.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Maka and Soul

Maka seeing Dr. McCoy come in non-gently elbowed Soul in the stomach causing the white haired youth to wake up grumpily, rubbing his side. He looks up to see Beast talking to the class and asking for introductions. He shrugs before he stands, no offense to Dr.McCoy but Stein was way weirder than this guy. Then again a guy with a giant screw in his head that he periodically rotated for no reason was creepy in comparison to most things. "Yo, names Soul Evans. My brother is the musical violen prodigy Wes Evans. He nothing special though, as for me well I'm much cooler. I also play piano." He then flops back down into his seat.

Maka rolls her eyes as she stands up and gives a slight bow in respect. "Hello Dr.McCoy, my name is Maka Albarn. I like reading and discovering new things. At my old school I was an A+ student." She then sits down very lady-like. Soul then whispers under his breath, "Teachers pet!" He then has to try very hard to hold in his scream of pain as Maka subtlety stomps on his foot.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

The Professor of World History 101's Classroom, upon first impression...has been customized to such an absurd degree that there's no possible way Professor Smedry didn't get permission from the school's Principal.

The electrical light fixtures have been replaced by torches, which, due to the bright sunny day outside, are currently unlit. There's also a fireplace.

Instead of desk and metal chairs (Ghastly, Primitive Things!), there are soft comfy armchairs with coffee tables at their sides, one for everyone in the class.

There is a table filled with lots of thick-spined, hardcover books, piled together...well, in a pile, with no form of organization. Some of the title are familiar: works by Herodotus, Plato, Xenophon, Ban Gu, Abdullah Wassif, Beowulf...other bear strange titles, such as "A History of Draconic and Human Relations: Part 1, the Age of Crunchiness", "The Forming of Nahalla", "Mokian Culture Over the Ages", "The First Librarian: A Chronicle of the Scrivener", "The Free Kingdom Wars", "Swept Away By Sand: the Rise of Silimatic Technology"...the number of books goes on.

Lastly, there is a brass stand holding up a mounted globe of the world: there's something off about it, and if you take a closer look, you'll notice that there are more continents on this map then there should be...

...For 10 minutes or so, you wait for the teacher to show up. After 11 minutes, you figure that this is a very good justification for playing hooky...

Then there's a thump and scraping noise in the back of the cabinet in the rear of the room, and the door slides open!

An old man with a bushy mustache and tufts of hair sticking out of the sides of a balding head stumbles out of it! He's wearing a pair of round, red spectacles on his head, and is dressed in a smashing black and white tuxedo, festooned with a bow-tie, and a red rose at the lapel

"Sorry, sorry!" He cries out, dusting himself off. "Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I'm late! Well, good on you all for staying around!"

He walks up to the blackboard and picks up a piece of chalk.

"Now then..."

With quick motions he scrawls the word 'History' across the board.

"Who's Ready To Learn Some History??!!!" He shouts, swiveling about and throwing his arms wide.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-11-28 at 09:08 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

Standing a few feet away from everyone else, a young man with a mop of brown hair and a fine set of wristbands stares blankly off into space, head cocked to his side, right hand raised and making strange...gestures, as if he's turning invisible dials in mid-air with his pinky and index finger.

"Reefside, California, U.S.A." He says to himself in a flat tone of voice. "Population 33,000, Annual Inner City Restoration Expenditure twenty-three million dollars. Multiple reported sighting of Live Dinosaurs walking around. Which is wrong. Dinosaurs are extinct. That's not right."

He blinks, then turns to stares at Mr. Oliver, and then at the rest of the class, never meeting their eyes.

He rubs the back of his head. 'Hi. Uh, I'm Gary. I like movies, cars, and hummus, because it's all one color, and soft. I don't like rude people, expect for this one person I know."

He pauses, closing his eyes in concentration.

"I'm an ordinary guy." He says slowly, then falls silent.
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-11-28 at 09:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by darkblade View Post
    Admission's Office: Cass and Steph

The appointed headmaster of the school to run it in the absence of owner, Mr. Ashford is surprisingly Asian. Japanese, Eleven even the most recently conquered Area within the Empire. He frowns over the applications of the two young vigilantes. “While Mr. Ashford appreciates Mr. Wayne's continued support of the school I'm afraid we do not have a place for one such as Ms. Caine. Even our extensive ESL program is not outfitted for someone like her with no verbal or written lingual skills at all. That is before we even get into the security risks presented by her parentage...”
    "Objection!"

Steph slams her hands onto the desk.

"That's not fair at all! I mean, so what if Cass is diabetic"

"Dyslexic."

"and has a hard time learning to read? She can learn!"

Cass puts a hand on her best friend's shoulder, and gently tugs her back into the seat. Her face is expressionless.

"I have a problem with speaking. And reading. Writing. Dyslexic. It's hard. But I try. Can speak. Understand."

She reads his body language, the admissions officer an open book.

"Not Cain. Was adopted by Bruce Wayne. Cassandra Wayne. And if you no let a Wayne into school..."

A meaningful pause.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-11-28 at 06:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

8. - Top - End - #8
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sebastian
    Sebastian smiles slightly as he triplechecks that every single item in the room is in order, when the disturbance rings through, ruining the careful order of the room in a fashion no normal human could detect, but that put Sebastian quite out.

Oh dear, it appears quite the mess has been made. I shall have to remedy this quickly. A grin passes his face, that, for only a moment, loses every ounce of Britannian charm; the hair seems less silky smooth and more manufactured, the eyes looking just slightly off, and the grin not one of warmth but of malice. And, that moment, witnessed by none but the unseen and unacknowledged, passes; and once more, Sebastian is the textbook definition of butler.

He does not so much leave the room, as simply cease to be in it, as he moves down the hallway keeping a metaphorical ear open to the disturbance, but more focused on his Masters general safety, keeping his sense of their pact attuned.

Panty and Stocking
    Smedry, Lelouch, Zim, and the rest of the class are privy to the only people in the world with worse disguises than Zim- indeed, the only thing stopping them from being immediately recognized for what they are is the superficial similarities between Angels and Humans. To the supernaturally attuned, they're not even hiding it.

They're also not trying to blend in very well; Stocking is in the school uniform, sitting in her desk...eating a rather expensive looking cake everyone present is sure cost nearly a years salary for the average working family. She doesn't seem to have noticed anything except the cake exists, and, in a way, her fascination with it, alongside the gothic look, could almost be cute. Except for the occasional jealous looks she sends anyone even looking at the cake.

The blonde sister, Panty, isn't even bothering with that small attempt at 'highschool-dom' opting for what looks like a ripped version of the school uniform. At the moment she looks absolutely focused on how bored she is. Smedry's arrival doesn't even cause a twitch on her face as she yells out, Come on! Another five minutes and I could be out of here!
    Doliest's crimes against good taste
    Spoiler
    Show

An Uwe Boll fan, and proud of it. LONG LIVE THE BOLL!

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

Let's Playing Final Fantasy with extreme prejudice

Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    Forgive me, Mr Tolkien. You do not deserve what I now do to you.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ogre in the Playground

Sebastian
    Since the Butler arrived, Ryuk has ben spending almost as much time with him as he has around Light. Often, the Shinigami will give him a knowing look, his pale fish eyes a degree contemptuous, but he rarely speaks. He simply watches, and thinks.
    It's when the dark power washes over them that he perks up, surprised. "Well, will you look at that." He says to himself.

Light Yagami
    The very image of an attentive student, he nonetheless waits until everyone else has finished so as not to draw attention to himself. Tall, good-looking and clean-cut, he encompasses the very best of young and wholesome.
    He gives a small smile, and raises a hand. "My name is Light Yagami. I am here on a scholarship for academic excellence. I hope to one day become a detective."
    That said, he sits back down and waits patiently for either the lesson to end or to be called up again. Once, he would have found this life-changing, but since finding the Death-Note he has become so inward-focussed that it barely registers on a more then superficial level. A god is not interested in trivialities.
    In order to keep up the illusion of an ordinary High School student, he has to come here, just like Misa has to keep up her career. But he is no longer really interested.

Lelouch
    The boy was tall, dark and handsome in the classic sense, with good cheekbones, deep eyes with just a hint of mischief, and long, clever fingers. He was clearly well bred, there was a lot of the easy beauty of the aristocracy. His hair was, dark, and there was a slightly asiatic slant to his fingers. He's dressed in formal casual, a jacket, shirt with a mandarin collar and dark slacks which, more then anything show he comes from money.
    He doesn't speak yet, but he does watch. History, afterall, was one of the purest expressions of propaganda. It was always interesting to watch what the government had decided the next generation should think.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Soul and Maka

Light's introduction is flawless. If it weren't for the fact that he was one of the specific souls that Lord Death had warned them about even they would have been taken in by his act. However their briefing had warned them, but it was now that they had figured out how much of a taskmaster Light truly was. Soul attempts to looks disinterested which he succeed in pretty handily...mostly because he really doesn't care. Maka however takes another glance at Light. Once again she sees the red soul with black palette splotches all over it. A Kishin Egg soul pure and simple. It was incredible that his soul had managed to turn into one despite the fact that he had never eaten a human soul before. Then again murdering multiple people was another way to do it. If Light notices her looking she quickly turns away from him and takes up a hunched position her face looking directly down at the desk, a token shy position. The young man was rather good looking after all, he probably got that reaction from a lot of girls. At least that was what Maka hoped.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-29 at 01:33 AM.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Light Yagami
    It takes a while for him to notice the aside glances he's getting. A very good looking, magnetic individual, to the point of being an idealized concept of a young man, he's used to attention, and actually somewhat disdainful of it, the way people fixate on superficialities. He finds himself relax a little, and exhales softly, hiding it with the pretense of opening his textbook and exercise book. His hand brushes the Death Note as he does, in it's usual position in his bag, and he feels his pulse quicken at the sensation, as though an electrical charge jumped from the book and into him. His pupils dilate, and his breathing quickens a moment. Then it passes, and he's ready, the picture of an engaged, prepared and attentive student, nothing suspicious about him whatsoever.
    Light has a tendency to over-think things. Given who he is, paranoia is an understandable response, but he finds himself over-rationalizing every slight detail. She was just checking him out, not unusual, perhaps expected. He could deal with that. Just the same, any sort of attention is bad. While the Kira investigation failed to anticipate his move and his own careful actions had resulted in them not noting the shift, he couldn't rely on being able to do so twice. It was better not to have any accidents at all.
    He knew there was nothing about him at all that suggested something. He maintained a healthy, temperate and orderly lifestyle, free of any vices or indulgences. Nothing to invite suspicion but a continuing association with a previous suspect.
    And yet, he couldn't bring himself to cut ties with Misa. Whenever he did consider it, he always found himself finding more uses for her. Besides, wouldn't abruptly cutting ties with his long-term girlfriend be stranger still?
    All this flashes through his mind in less time then it takes to blink, and follows on to another tangent still as he continues analyzing and mapping out his actions carefully.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

12. - Top - End - #12

Gym Class

Mr. Oliver chuckles to himself at Gary's statements on Reefside. "Alright then I'm going to split you into two teams, Green and White. Remember your colour because that will be your team for the rest of the semester."

As he does this a large burly student rushes into the gym. The fact that his soul contains a Kisan Egg should be obvious to Kid and his weapon partners. "Sorry I'm late. I'm Emmette Cullen."

"Alright, Emmette join the rest of the class." He then spends the next few minutes dividing you into the two teams.

Kid, Gary and Liz are put on the green team with Emmette.

Patti, Emiya and Souske are put on the white team.

Satisfied with this division Mr. Oliver orders the teams to split to different sides of the gym as he gets out four large rubber balls and gives two to each team.

"Elimination Dodgeball, you throw the balls at the other team, when you are hit you are out and go sit on the bench. If you catch a ball the person who threw the ball is out and the person on the furthest left side of your bench is allowed back on. First team to lose all of it's players is out. Any questions?"

History Class

The gothic girl chuckles slightly as she scribbles a note and passes it back to Lelouch. It reads, "I know who you are. This school is no place for a Prince."

Science Class

A mosey young woman looks at Beast with a slight tilt of the head. "Mr. McCoy, I don't have Biology this semester. Would you mind taking a bit of time to explain your condition?"

The attendance sheet lists her as Isabella Swan.

Admissions

The Principal frowns but nods. "Very well I will find a place for Ms. Wayne..."

His disgust is plain as he calls Cassandra by her adopted family name. "I'll be watching you two though. One slip up and I'll have you back in Gotham the very next day. Bruce's donations have been lacking since he got back to that wretched hive."

He pulls out a schedule for both of you. One showing that Cass should be in Gym class right now and Steph in Science.

Dormitories

As quickly as it appeared the presence is gone disappearing into the Science Wing of the school. Whatever made the presence though does leave a basket full of apples on a common room table.
    Last edited by darkblade; 2011-11-29 at 04:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

"We should have Green and White shirts." Gary says as everyone gets sorted into teams. "It'll make people easier to organize."

He gingerly takes one of the balls in his hand, tucking it under his shoulder: his other hand idly makes a few flicking gestures as he taps into the local wi-fi and runs database searches on everyone in the room. Social Websites, News Archives, government records, the works.

Leavenworth Smedry

"Feathering Fizzbodies!" Leavenworth exclaims in a hurt tone at Stocking's remark. "Why would you not want to learn about history! History is everything! Literally everything that happened before this moment right now!"

He snaps his fingers. "And now that moment's history too! And this one! And this one! Your entire life is history! I'm history! You're history, that cake is history! History defines everything...except for the Anti-Historians of the Unschismed Chasm, but that's another tale."

He sets two hands down on the table.

"But I've been rambling for a historically significant amount of time. So let's get down to brass ingots, eh! Let us delve into the mysteries and rich details of the past, come to grips with the events of yesteryear, and pilfer knowledge from bookstacks long since sealed away."

His voice drops down to a low tones of voice, grinning.

"Let's uncover the secrets of a strange world, as an old colleague of mine used to say."

He straightens up. "Now then! Let's do one of those newfangled 'icebreaker' thingamajigs! Starting with you–"

He thrusts a finger at Lelouch.

"Everyone tell us your name, and make your best attempt to answer this question..."

He writes it down on the board.

"Who Secretly Rules the World?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-11-29 at 07:50 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Kid, Liz, Patti

Kid doesn't even tense as Emmette walks in as he simply looks at him. His Kishin egg soul pulsing as he looks at it. He remembers what his father told him, about his nature as a vampire. He was fairly confident that a shinigami like himself was match for a vampire, but he did not want to find out at this moment. He and Liz got onto the green team with Gary and Emmette. Patti gets on the white team with her teammates. Kid picks up one of the dodgeballs and tosses it in his hand. He then catches it suddenly and looks at it with wide eyes. "This shape, this pattern, even the logo! Symmetry! Sweet and perfect symmetry" Kid has stars in his eyes as Liz puts a palm to her forehead and Patti bursts out laughing. Liz then slaps Kid upside the back of the head very hard snaping him out of his bliss induced daze. "Hey pay attension! If I can ignore the fact that I'm going to break a nail you can ignore the fact that the balls are symmetrical."

Gary doesn't find anything on Kid, which is odd in itself. However Liz and Patti turn up positive. They used to be a pair of street rat in Brooklyn under the alias the Thompson Sisters. They left that life recently but before they did they stole from various people to survive. They were also incredibly violent and had put multiple people in the hospital. They were advocated by Someone called Death the Kid (Kid is all that the school was given for a name.) to be acting in self defense. Jeez kids from Brooklyn huh.
    Last edited by AnimeKid; 2011-11-29 at 11:22 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He blinks suddenly alert. Well, that was unexpected.
    He wasn't easy to identify, but the information was there for anyone sufficiently motivated to put together. The question was, what does he do now? Take a gamble, or act cautiously?
    A game of chess is not won without taking a few risks, but it was foolish to entrust the game to death and glory without knowing your opponent first. And he didn't know her at all. Not even her name.
    He gives her a disconcertingly calculating glance, seeming to reduce her mathematical formula, then h inclines his head. An ascent. then he lifts his finger. And slips her another note.
    'Meet me after class. I'll explain everything.'
    That said, he leans back and tries to figure out what he's going to do, only to start as the Teacher turns his attention to him. He'd quite lost the train of his tangent, so caught up was he in his own head, and now the entire class was staring at him. The answer came to his lips unbidden, but he quashed it. He doubted the teacher knew, for one thing, and he's sound ridiculous if he said it aloud. "The inner circle of the Brittainian Royal Family Elders?" He offers, trying to structure a plausible confused and uninformed response.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-11-29 at 08:37 PM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Cass

She somehow appears right behind Gary, without any sound or sign of her entry.

"What team for me?"

Should Gary try to find an her presence online, all he finds is her public adoption papers revealing her name to be Cassandra Wayne, and many pictures of her and a teen named Stephanie Brown on the blonde's MyFace account. Cass doesn't have one herself.

Steph

Stealth is in Steph's vocabulary. But when she isn't on the vigilante clock, it is in her vocabulary the same was as "subtle" is. She bursts through the door, happy that she'd be going to school with Cass. Who'd be getting some sort of normal life now. Normal for their crowd anyway.

"Hi! Sorry I'm late but I had to see the admissions-guy because he was being a total jerk to my best friend and wasn't going to let her in. Anyway, hi! I'm Steph and...sorry for interrupting."

Dear Diary, today I totally went into my teacher's bad book on the first day of class.
    Last edited by industrious; 2011-11-29 at 10:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeafnotDumb View Post
    Silly boy. I've played in Industrious's games. They don't murder characters. That means the torture ends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevylmar View Post
    It turns out that sometimes? He *does* murder characters.

The Maze of Madness

Campaigns:
    Gotham: Year One
    Earth-52(abandoned) OOC
    RotSE II III] OOC2

17. - Top - End - #17

Sebastian
    Sebastian bends down, scooping up one of the apples, staring at it for a moment, letting its polished skin reflect him. He tosses it into the air for Ryuk to eat, A gift, Ryuk? Perhaps you have an admirer. A soft chuckle, Sebastian slinks down the hallway, towards the 'science course' though with no intention of heading inside, merely staying close. So many supernatural signals in the school-any of them could be interested in his master.

He sighs, his master. Light was not Ciel. That he had figured out withen moments of the deal. They were similar, true. Smart, ruthless, driven, and utterly without morals. They even both had a blonde with little idea of their true nature. But Ciel, from the very moment of the deal, had known who he was. There had been no colorful words, no dreams of godhood. Ciel had been driven by his hatred, and admitted it. Light lied to even himself, believing that anything other than pride and boredom drove him. Not to say all changes were bad; Light lacked Ciel's death wish-Light would fight to the last breath, while Ciel had been content to die the moment the contract was over. He would actually miss that, but at least Light would be far easier to prolong...even if he had to slap the Shinigami's hands a few times.

He was easier to deal with than Grell, anyway. Still, Light was his master, and, among those still living, he doubted he could find a better one. Though to go from the butler to the Queen's watchdog to someone likely to off the entire Royal family was a funny coincidence.

Panty and Stocking
    A bondage obsessed Demon commander. Panty throws out, her feet on her desk, looking vaguely uninterested-no one in this class even looked good. The teacher was an old geaser, the kid was a pretty boy, and everyone else in the class looked like a bunch of virgins. She sighed; boring.

Stocking continues eating the cake, ignorant of the outside world completely as she digests it's lovely cream.
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

Likes FATAL..... No, I'm sorry, but no. Everything else on this list? I like, but while I've done many horrible things in my life, I WILL NOT claim to like FATAL.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Misa Amani (Sebastian)
    School policy is no live-ins in the dormitories except in exceptional cases. A celebrity girl-friend and loyal retainer is not one of them, unfortunately. Which is why Misa has an apartment in the city as close as possible, and the both of you visit the dorms twice a day, once in the morning and once in the evening.
    It's more amusing then anything, how desperately Light wrangled not to just move in with her, and get to keep this much privacy. It was strange, as invariably he slept over as much as possible, since he wasn't willing to trust the Death Note to the school's premises where any sufficiently motivated individual could find it relatively easy. They wouldn't even have to be looking for it.
    Which meant that you actually spend more time providing your services to Misa then Light. Strange, but true.
    Which meant watching a lot of reality television, listening to a lot of music indistinguishable from any of the rest except to the trained eye, shopping, and occasionally arranging contrived appearances in such a way that she was never out of the spot-light for too long.
    Which means that, if you want to get through to your master, you have to go through her first.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

"Interesting answer, Lelouch! Good answer as well, Ms. Panty: very much an instance of out-of the box thinking." Smedry replies, holding up a plate of cake and taking a large bite out of it with a silver fork.

"Would anyone else like to speak up? The question is...Who Secretly rules the world."

...How did he nick a piece of cake from Stocking's lovely, lovely horde? Oh, he's good.

Here's another interesting fact about the classroom.

There are lots of Teddy Bears scattered about the room. Some are blue, other's red, and other's pink, all with large tags on their sides.

Curious.

Gary

Gary stares at Cass as she enters the room.

"Huh." He says, twisting his fingers about in the air.

"You're a statistical outlier. That's strange."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-01 at 12:19 AM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

ZIM

It's strange but true, less is more when disguising oneself. The more focussed one becomes on details, the more they draw the eye, and attract notice. And any sort of notice will inevitably lead to the deviations being noted, sooner or later. Bland is the best bet. Which is not to say one shouldn't make any attempt whatsoever.

The figure at the back is short, with multi-faceted insect-like eyes poorly hidden behind contact lenses, black antennae pointing out from a very bad wig, and 'zipper-like' teeth with no lips. Three-digited hands, and no nose or ears, or anything else on the smooth expanse of their flat faces, and green skin that has tiny, tiny scales, with a worm-like tongue in their mouths.

Nothing short of advanced holographic technology would do much. A wig and contact lenses the wrong size weren't nearly enough.

It was Zim, exile of the Irken Empire deep within a delusion that he was in fact some highly decorated subversive agent working at conquering the planet, and too incompetent to make much use of the skills and technology he had access to in order to do it. His lack of skill was matched only by his supreme confidence in the very skills he did not in fact possess. Indeed, the world was in more danger of his stupidity then his applied tactics.

At least, on a global scale.

"You puny humans... errrr... that is to say, we puny humans have a Central World Authority!?" Zim exclaimed, shocked and delighted. That simplified matters. All he had to do was explain the situation to them, and they would surrender, and the entire human race would be DOOMED! He could almost taste it! IT WAS DELICIOUS!

"I demand that you bring them here at once!" He says, standing up (at four feet tall, that wasn't much taller then he was sitting down) and getting up on his desk.

Sagara
    The boy is gorgeous. No other word for it, he's been the centre of every girl in the classes universe since he stepped in. Even Cass has noticed (though that's as much due to his concealed weapons and closed, ready for violence body language as his chiseled features and Adonis like musculature). But he hasn't. He's just standing there, vaguely to attention, as he notes the number of exits in the building, checks all the other individuals for concealed weaponry, and determines the most likely avenue of attack.

Then everyone begins forming teams, and he's confused. They seem to be getting ready for some sort of training exercise. He reaches into his back pocket...

Then pauses. The rules trickled in, upsetting his plan of action, and they don't seem nearly specific enough. Clarification is needed. He raises his hand. "Are we limited to the balls, or may we use the best equipment available?"

21. - Top - End - #21

Black Dynamite

You don't have a class to teach this period. That old Cracker Smedry has this period's history class. So right now you got little to do but chill in the Teacher's lounge. While you are doing this the school's Doctor Charlise Cullen enters the room to join you. "Morning, Mr. Dynamite. No class right now?"

Gym

"White team for you, Cassandra." Mr. Oliver says as he takes Cass's schedule to make sure she is supposed to be here.

He sighs a skeptical little sigh at Sagara. "The balls only. You shouldn't even have anything else..."

"Alright we begin in three, two one..." He then blows a whistle signalling the game to begin. In the blink of an eye Emmete grabs one of the balls and hurls it towards Patti."

History

The Goth girl seems satisfied by Lelouch's note and simply nods to him before giving her own answer to the question on the board. "That greatly depends on your definition of 'rule' but I would say the board of directors of the Volleretta and Pendragon libraries as delegated by their lost superiors of Alexandria."

Dormitories

((I'm taking C.C. I love her too much to not take her as my own NPC.))

A green haired woman evidently too old to be a student but seeing as she is dressed in bed clothes it is obvious she is not a teacher makes her way out with a piece of pizza in her hand. Ryuk is invisible to her yet but she can clearly see Sebastian. She looks over the butler with a bored expression desperately hiding curious eyes. "I had a feeling I wasn't the only one who isn't supposed to be here. Who are you?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Pixie in the Playground

Leavenworth Smedry

No desks, remember? Just comfy, comfy armchairs. Loathsomely comfy, human armchairs.

"Also a very good answer! Quite proactive, if a bit...obvious!" Leavenworth replies to Zim. He's not the one to talk about disguises, since he honestly thinks that a smashing tuxedo with a red rose in the lapel is standard apparel on the streets of America.

And he happens to be one of the finest Smedry Spies, an Expert On Inner Libraria culture.

The last few Free Kingdom Agents that tried to infiltrate government facilities without him tried to sneak into the Britanian Federal Reserve Bank disguised as Potted Plants.

They Got Watered.

Leavenworth then nods at Alice, a small twinkle in his eye, a nod from one person who knows the truth to another.

"Everyone here...well most of you, anyways–Pestering Pullmans, aren't icebreaker activities supposed to be fun?–have given very good, thoughtful answers."

Professor Smedry pauses for a effect.

"Unfortunately most of these answers are wrong: or rather, only one them touches upon the truth behind the truth. Oh, the Britanian Monarchy may pretend to govern these lands, and a Bondage Obsessed Demon Comander may give orders to his...Bonded acolytes...but none of these are the true masters that secretly control your civilization...and keep all of you enslaved, I'm sad to say."

Leavenworth stares at you all from behind his tinted-red glasses with the utmost seriousness [Channeling some Lawrence Fishborne here]. As he stares, he takes another bite out of the slice of cake he nicked from Stocking.

"Mmmhmmmf, this is good...so many layers...the world you know...is that coconut I taste? I love it's texture!"

Smedry sets down the plate and fork.

"Where was I? Ah yes. The world you know is a lie, and the history that you've been taught is also a lie. For the men and women who control your destinies realize that Information is the Most Powerful Weapon of All. And that those who control information...control everything!!!"

He nods sagely to you all.

"Yes, I see that you're all beginning to understand. It's a terrifying possibility, to be sure, but if you use your minds, your own capacity for reason, you'll see that I'm telling the truth."

He walks over to the blackboard and begins to draw something on it.

"For the world...is secretly ruled by..."

He finishes and steps back, revealing a crude stick figure sketch of man holding a book, wearing horn-rimmed glasses, and raising up his finger in a 'shhhhhhhhh' gesture.

"A Cult of Evil Librarians."
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-02 at 12:04 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

Sebastian
    The butler-demon smiles at her pleasantly; I am Sebastian, butler to the Yagami family; I apologize immensely if I have disturbed you madam, I was merely cleaning up the dormitory.

He doesn't look disturbed by her statement that she shouldn't be here, indeed, you get the feeling nothing disturbs him. And that he is remarkably pleased to see you.

Panty and Stocking
    Eh? What's a librarian?

Where people who think go to read books.

Eh....boring, then?

Yeah. Pretty much.

Why were you there, then?

Free internet.

There eyes lock on each other at that statement.

Both scream out, "FIELDTRIP!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Also a Michael Bay fan.

Likes Jar Jar

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Gym Class

Patti, being the most athletic and physically strong girl in DWMA (and that is saying something) sees the ball coming towards her and puts both hands forward. She then catches the ball in both hands as it spins to a halt in her hands. (I'm guessing that Emmet only used jock levels of strength as to not give himself away right? Tell me if I am wrong and i will change my post.) "Ha, ha, ha. STRIIIIKE! YOUR OUT!" Kid picks up a ball and reluctantly parts with it as he throws is with a surprising amount of force for someone of his build at Cassandra Cain. Liz daintily picks up a ball and tries to throw it as Souske. It is also thrown with suprising force but not as much as Kid. Patti seeing the game starting begins wildly rotating her arm like a windmill. She then throws the ball as hard as she can at Liz. Liz shrieks at the ball hits her in the face leaving a red mark on her face and knocking her to the floor her left leg twiching in the air. Patti then starts laughing wildly.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Lelouch
    He listened, then shook his head. He considers walking out, but he needs the credit, so instead he interrupts. "You're speaking figuratively, of course." He notes, in a dry, deadpan tone. "Given that those who control information control history and therefore can present it in any way they like. Which is what you are here to teach. History. Not political science of any description."
    At least he better be being rhetorical. Though how the man, obviously something of a lunatic, managed to get a job at such a prestigious academy in the first place was question enough. Either that, or the man had a particularly subtle and wry sense of humor based around self-mocking that didn't make sense to anybody else, though he doubted that somehow.

Light Yagami
    He affects interest like the rest of the class, though it's barely genuine. He simply wants to be through with this, and back to his real purpose. Again he feels a prickle at the back of his neck, and again when he turns it's nothing. Yet he can't escape the feeling of scrutiny, of being watched.
    He's already checked, no cameras, no security beyond the expected. There was nobody else in the room. So why can't he shake this feeling?
    Could he be cracking up? Impossible. He was always in control. His hand was so steady you could build a tower on it. And yet...
    He stands up. "I feel unwell. Something I ate, most likely. Could I be excused?"

Misa Amani
    Misa, who had made the trip with Sebastian as a pretense to come visit Light, raises a perfectly plucked eyebrow, sinking into default jealous mode. How the green-haired newcomer reacted would reveal a lot about her, though that wouldn't occur to Misa until after the interaction took place. "A better question would be, since when are you so familiar with my boyfriend that you can walk in here without knocking?"
    Though it's genuine, her minds furiously at work behind her narrowed eyes. Somethings wrong with the girl. She can see a name, written in unmistakable fiery letters above her head, but no date. Could she be immortal?
    Misa's not unduly concerned. She's in no danger. Sebastian is here with her, afterall. But she is curious.
    Last edited by Cracklord; 2011-12-02 at 12:55 AM.
    Nadir We,
    Youth Born,
    Blood Letters,
    Axe Weilders,
    Victors Still.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Sousuke
    He nods, and puts away the Berreta he had somehow concealed in his back pocket without anyone noticing, then stands in line with the rest of his team, eyes intent, waiting for the signal. The moment the balls start flying, he explodes into action, a duck and cover roll to minimize exposure, keep movement and present as small a target as possible, then leaps over the line, grabbing a random member of the opposing team (that happens to be Liz) before anyone realizes what he's up to. He drags her back over the line, wrapping a hand around her neck and disabling her arm carefully. It's not painful, but it's clear in a moment that it easily could be.

He was trained to disable an enemy combatant as fast and efficiently as possible, however keeping them conscious was necessity. It was almost impossible to control a human shield who went limp. He'd selected her because, as a member of the other team her fellows would hesitate to fire upon her, and as an attractive girl the males would have further hang-ups, making the few balls that would come his way easily avoidable, and most would hit her anyway.

Keeping her between him and the missiles as impromptu cover and ignoring her protestations, entreaties, screams and struggles with the disconnection of one well versed in them, he kicks the balls that bounce off her back at the other team with anatomical exactitude and pinpoint precision. He uses the Mozambique Drill: two shots to the chest and one to the head.

ZIM
    "OF COURSE!" He yells excitedly, gyrating in a little dance. You half expect him to run out across the campus in a towel yelling Eureka! he's so excited. "It all makes sense now! Why didn't I think of it before?" He slams his hand against his forehead, and shakes it. "It's so obvious!"

He reaches into his pak, and removes a flamethrower roughly the size of his entire body, that should be far too large for him to fit in there. Flamethrower is only for the sake of etymology, you understand. It more closely resembles a giant bublegum pink tube. Nonetheless, what it did was ignite anything you pointed it at. Explosively. Just the thing to deal with the humans who spent all their time around dry books. He gets up and strides out, only to stop and turn around.

"Could someone please direct me to the nearest library?" He says in a more normal sounding voice.
    Last edited by Corvond; 2011-12-02 at 01:52 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

(OOC: Um Karusk Stephanie Brown is in History class. Cass is the one who is in gym class and she is on Souske's team. Plus Souske might be good, but I don't think that he is Cassandra Cain/Wayne good.)

28. - Top - End - #28
    Pixie in the Playground

(I see. Least, not unless he has a gun. Changing now.)
    Last edited by Corvond; 2011-12-02 at 01:30 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Gary Bell

As the balls fly past, Gary drops his own, and covers his hands with his face.

"Personal Space! Personal Space!"

Then he notices that one guy grab a girl from the opposing team, his brow furrows.

He walks up to the struggling pair, waving his hands in front of Sousuke's face.

"Hey. That's not nice. You should stop. You're violating her personal space. It's harassment. It's in the school rulebook and everything."

Leavenworth Smedry

Leavenworth blinked at Lelouch's remark.

"No." He says slowly. "No, I meant that a Cult of Evil Librarians secretly controls the world, manipulating civilizations by spreading disinformation and untruths. Why would I want to be figurative? Too many metaphors increases your blood pressure, you know!"

Then Panty and Stocking express their desire for a road trip. And Zim pulls out a weapon.

"Jumping Jimmeries, Ladies...and Gentleman!" Leavenworth exclaims in alarm. "I'd advise against that! It'd be the heigh of irresponsibility for you youngsters to attempt a library infiltration..."

His voices trails off.

"Without special training!" He proclaims, thrusting a finger towards the roof.

He pauses. "Unless you have special training already. Or powers. Do any of you have special skills or powers?"
    Last edited by Colesign; 2011-12-02 at 01:47 AM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

BlackDragon

Liz

Liz who was preparing to go to the bench is suddenly grabbed by Souske and is used as his human shield. She then cries out, "What is your malfunction you jerk! I'm already out and is that even allowed? You crossed over into the my teams space!" Liz is indeed already out. The red ball shaped mark on her face from her sister's fierce throw is proof of that.