New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIII

Field of Strife

For Enshandu. And maybe Magtok too now that he's here.

"Temporary control's not trustworthy enough. FORTUNATELY, Magtok's arrived to make up for what he did. See, he's deeply sorry for how he hurt you, and he wants to help you, rather than risk fighting over the world. He can make you flesh and blood again. Get a bit of your dna, he can clone a body, download your memories into it and voila. You're cured. You have your life back. You want to do that, don't you Magtok?" Reinholdt says, looking at Magtok and turning pink for a bit to use one of his least used abilities. A minor suggestive power. Not the hardest to resist in a long shot, but it helps push a bit. In this case, it's directed solely at Magtok though.

Reinholdt's nothing if not good at reacting to situation changes and trying to turn them to his favor.

{The Lost Wave- Melody's Island}

"Because she's going to hear about monster attacks tonight, whether you like it or not." Reinholdt says firmly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Barbarian in the Playground

Field of Strife

The cyborg shrugs. Reinholdt's question is more intriguing than it is alarming. He's probably willing to get involved in this nonsense now, but by the time he really thinks about what Rein is asking and has all of the details, well...

"Hrm? Yeah, sure, I guess. How did I hurt him, anyways? You'd think I would've remembered causing-"

Magtok waves a finger at Enshadu and all his hideous metal bits.

"-that, but I don't."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

3. - Top - End - #153
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Oldale Town Ruins

Eventually, the pirate will find a fossil. It resembles a root, as it is a Root Fossil. If she finds the right machine, or potentially powerful enough magic, she could turn it into a Lileep, one of my favourite fossil pokemon.
    The pirate Alvida finds a fossil! She holds it above her head, because she just got that. Yay! "This belongs in a museum," she says. She finds her way out of the hole (really, she climbs out of it. It's very hard) and reaches the top, gasping for breath. "Now, I just have to find a museum..."

She collapses just after exiting the hole, exhausted.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Ogre in the Playground

Field of Strife

Enshadu growls low at Magtok, obviously wanting to make Magtok sushi. His lightning blades slowly spin. Magtok, don't you remember? You betrayed me...greedy scrap metal pile! You contributed to my destruction! They destroyed everything. Elexxion fixed me...for a huge amoumt of my, now small, fortune. I had my lead proffessor install a program into my mind. Whoever I was is dead...Enshadu is in control, always. I am always under his control. My control. I am E.

Reinholdt, you are too kind...Magtok would not help me, knowing who I was. Magtok. Ready to die? I AM NOT A THAT!
    Enshadu then walks slowly to Magtok, four mechanical arms spinning four lightning blades.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Ogre in the Playground

Field of Strife

"For all that processing power Magtok, you sure are an idiot." Asking how was counter-productive and anyone could have seen that coming.

Magtok may be able to talk his way out of this, but just in case he doesn't Reinholdt takes advantage of the reprieve to pull out a canteen filled with blood and drink it down so as to get his leg mended very quickly.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Halfling in the Playground

Fields of Strife

Zane appears at the scene thanks to a teleport given to him by Enshadu. Quickly assessing the situation, Zane draws his sword with his right hand. It is two feet in length, single-edged and elven in design. At a snap of his fingers, Black Fire dances along the edge of his blade. This flame is not ordinary by any means; the burning process accelerates 10x if the person on fire feels any fear at all...including Darkstar.
    "Gentlemen, meet Thorinsgaet, The Bringer of Storms."
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

Drop Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfbane View Post
    Drop Zone

"I'm an ant-person, not an alien!"
    Cassius shouts back desperately trying to get her to calm down before she gets hurt. "And I don't have a ******** clue what an Anthea Epsilon even is!"
    Part of what he says gets through. Ant-person. Someone in Nora's squad had heard that CDF used Special Forces to create soldiers that were so strange they didn't even look human anymore. Nora hadn't believed it at the time, but what if...?

If she'd just tried to kill one of their own, she was in so much trouble.

What if this was a training test? Put the rookie in an atmosphere entry bubble and then move them somewhere else to see how they cope? If so, Nora Pascal had just failed the test, badly.

Cassius will feel her go limp, defeated. "Anthea Epsilon is the planet we were supposed to take back from the Lodori. But this doesn't look like Anthea Epsilon, and you don't look like a Lodori."

Ilpholin's Grove
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Ilpholin's Grove

"Do they know that you're safe?" Ilpholin asks.
    Darcy shook head no. "Too hard to get a message through. But we're a warrior tribe. We know every time someone leaves that they may not come back."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Scavenger Hunt]

Mimi thinks. Hm... She thinks bird at first, but birds don't have arms. Red flesh, perch? A tree maybe. One that's red and doesn't change with the seasons. And it's tall! Mimi shoots upward to get above the surrounding trees and looks around for a redwood tree.
    Mimi wouldn't have to look far as a particularly towering redwood reached skyward past the canopy formed by its lesser kin. There were a few similar examples of impressive growth but there was something about this one that simply seemed.. Off somehow? Perhaps it was the fact that there wasn’t any birdsong to be heard in its branches or perhaps it was the faint shimmering of color in the air. Or perhaps it was the fact that its crown was apparently playing a jaunty tune with instruments that Mimi has likely never heard of before. She might recognize the language by sound but likely not the words, though.

If she tracks the sound to its source, though, she would find a small ovoid that was about her size with a speaker as large as her head. Once she drew close to it, however, it would stop playing its song and instead it would begin playing a recorded message although it would be much quieter in comparison to the music that came before. ”Hello Mimi! Glad to see you’ve gotten this far. Your next task is to find this place:

A hive of walls but there are no bees;
    Rivers without water and which never freeze;
    Hollow blocks making hollow block spires;
    Each lit inside by glass covered fires;
    Sand mixed to stone to support a thousand feet;
    Atop a singing, roofed mesa is where we’ll next meet.

There would then be a pause before Riss’ voice came through the speaker again, saying: ”And if you need to hear that again, just tap the small glowing circle on the device.”

9. - Top - End - #159

Field of Strife

The cyborg raises an eyebrow.

"I betrayed Marciano, dumpling. You yourself admitted on that wall that he got what he deserved. If you got caught in the crossfire because you were working for the greedy little toadstool, as I seem to recall you saying...well, that's not really anyone's fault but your own, is it? He was trying to drill into Hell, you know."

Magtok finishes his mug of coffee, dropping it into a portal, before immediately withdrawing an orchestra conductor's baton from a pocket. Apparently it's a weapon of some kind, because he doesn't seem all too fazed by those sawblades inching towards his flesh.

"So that's my part in this sorted out, and I think I can guess Dippy's...what about Tobias and Clarissa? You seem to have a really weird amount of respect for the former, don't know what that's about."

Aww, is our cyborg jealous? I think he is.
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

10. - Top - End - #160

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "You didn't know? Great. Great. Have you really grown sso overconfident? Mr high and mighty demon-sslaying dragon doessn't think there are any demonss that are a threat any more, iss that it?" Damon hisses. He probably should be paying attention to the demonic energy and stuff, but he's far too busy being angry right now.

He's very angry, in fact.

"We were not prepared for ssomething like that...whatever it wass. If you didn't know anything, why didn't you ssay sso? We could've sscouted the area out, made ssure we were ready to deal with whatever we faced." And then Damon tries to punch Vizek in the face.

He is not a happy Zern.

Probably not helped by his hatred of dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Knock it off, you two," Wenomir barks. "There's still work to be done." He points to the tower with his axe. "We need to find out what's going on there. Let's move."
    Hildur does her best to ignore the argument between Damon and Vizek. She really doesn't know enough about demons to offer much insight. So, when Wenomir says to get to the tower, she starts to move in that direction.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Field of Strife

"For all that processing power Magtok, you sure are an idiot." Asking how was counter-productive and anyone could have seen that coming.

Magtok may be able to talk his way out of this, but just in case he doesn't Reinholdt takes advantage of the reprieve to pull out a canteen filled with blood and drink it down so as to get his leg mended very quickly.

Enshadu sees this but just keeps walking towards Magtok, the lightning blades spinning. However, Reinholdt might hear a voice in his head. Choose a side. I respect you for what you've done in your life, you stayed good. You fixed yourself. Help me, or help Magtok. One of us will burn when this is all over, Magtok, or me. Choose me, and you might help me. Choose Magtok, and you will die sadly....I respect you.
    Enshadu keeps striding toward
    Magtok, the bottom two blades digging into the ground and sending the dirt flying, the upoper two swinging wildly, electrfying anything they touch.

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Fields of Strife

Zane appears at the scene thanks to a teleport given to him by Enshadu. Quickly assessing the situation, Zane draws his sword with his right hand. It is two feet in length, single-edged and elven in design. At a snap of his fingers, Black Fire dances along the edge of his blade. This flame is not ordinary by any means; the burning process accelerates 10x if the person on fire feels any fear at all...including Darkstar.

Enshadu does not turn his head, abut continues walking his way to Magtok, dirt flying about. However, Zane might hear his voice in his head. Zane, you concentrate on Reinholdt. If he should attack me, I want you to handle him, for however long you can. I can handle Magtok. Also, watch for other combatants. There was a strange light. The cyborg shredding machine is about ten feet from Magtok, and the blades have a five foot reach.

Field of Strife

"I betrayed Marciano, dumpling. You yourself admitted on that wall that he got what he deserved. If you got caught in the crossfire because you were working for the greedy little toadstool, as I seem to recall you saying...well, that's not really anyone's fault but your own, is it? He was trying to drill into Hell, you know."

Magtok finishes his mug of coffee, dropping it into a portal, before immediately withdrawing an orchestra conductor's baton from a pocket. Apparently it's a weapon of some kind, because he doesn't seem all too fazed by those sawblades inching towards his flesh.

"So that's my part in this sorted out, and I think I can guess Dippy's...what about Tobias and Clarissa? You seem to have a really weird amount of respect for the former, don't know what that's about."

Enshadu will be at Magtok next action, his face is covered by the metal mask bolted into his flesh. There's a respirator attached to the mask, and one of his eyelens has cracked, the artificial one, and is now dripping black ichor. You are an idiot Magtok. Truly. Marciano was just another piece. I was Proffessor Brant....I built this chip plugged into my spine. The Enshadu Artificial Intelligence Program. It was for Marciano should he ever fail...which he did, when Clarrissa crashed Louv're Tower, all my progress was destroyed

....the E Program is sentient....massively intelligent...I am Enshadu. I am Brant. I am E. It took over my body....then I jumped out the window...hoping to end the program. It dragged my body, I had broken every bone in my body....yet it dragged me away, kept my life-force. It wouldn't let me die....It controls me. I can speak, but it rules. Elexxion rebuilt me from Marciano's fortune which I stole. They did this to me. Now it is in control of the perfect machine. Tobias is not a direct enemy, but soon that'll change. He won't appreciate my plans. Enshadu's plans. Neither will you.
    Tobias is good, righteous, I respect that. You are the opposite. Come die.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Enshadu does not turn his head, abut continues walking his way to Magtok, dirt flying about. However, Zane might hear his voice in his head. [COLOR="Purple"
    Zane, you concentrate on Reinholdt. If he should attack me, I want you to handle him, for however long you can. I can handle Magtok. Also, watch for other combatants. There was a strange light. [/COLOR]The cyborg shredding machine is about ten feet from Magtok, and the blades have a five foot reach.
    Zane will hear the message and mentally respond as he slowly approaches Reinholdt, occasionally glancing to the sides. Yes, Master, his body shall burn...
    Last edited by Aric Kale; 2012-11-29 at 03:15 PM.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

13. - Top - End - #163
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

"Reinholdt is right. We have to tell her what happened. Come on let's go find her."

He smiles to assure them they aren't in any sort of trouble. How could they be they just got brownies, people in trouble don't get brownies.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

14. - Top - End - #164
    Orc in the Playground

Oldale Town Ruins

Well, I'm reasonably sure that's everything over and dusted with. Unless Alvida wants to do something else besides look for a museum, anyway.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

15. - Top - End - #165
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Fields of Strife

Zane will hear the message and mentally respond as he slowly approaches Reinholdt, occasionally glancing to the sides. Yes, Master, his body shall burn...

Fields of Strife

Well now it's just getting crowded and all the cool awesome things Rein did are getting overwhelmed by other people wanting a piece of the pie.

Reinholdt was planning on asking Zane what he wants/who he is/why he wants what he wants/etc., but the fact that he's approaching Rein with a sword out of the whole group speaks volumes.

Spoiler
    Show
    Field of Strife

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Enshadu sees this but just keeps walking towards Magtok, the lightning blades spinning. However, Reinholdt might hear a voice in his head. Choose a side. I respect you for what you've done in your life, you stayed good. You fixed yourself. Help me, or help Magtok. One of us will burn when this is all over, Magtok, or me. Choose me, and you might help me. Choose Magtok, and you will die sadly....I respect you.
    Enshadu keeps striding toward
    Magtok, the bottom two blades digging into the ground and sending the dirt flying, the upper two swinging wildly, electrifying anything they touch.

Enshadu does not turn his head, abut continues walking his way to Magtok, dirt flying about. However, Zane might hear his voice in his head. Zane, you concentrate on Reinholdt. If he should attack me, I want you to handle him, for however long you can. I can handle Magtok. Also, watch for other combatants. There was a strange light. The cyborg shredding machine is about ten feet from Magtok, and the blades have a five foot reach.

Enshadu will be at Magtok next action, his face is covered by the metal mask bolted into his flesh. There's a respirator attached to the mask, and one of his eye lens has cracked, the artificial one, and is now dripping black ichor. You are an idiot Magtok. Truly. Marciano was just another piece. I was Professor Brant....I built this chip plugged into my spine. The Enshadu Artificial Intelligence Program. It was for Marciano should he ever fail...which he did, when Clarrissa crashed Louv're Tower, all my progress was destroyed

....the E Program is sentient....massively intelligent...I am Enshadu. I am Brant. I am E. It took over my body....then I jumped out the window...hoping to end the program. It dragged my body, I had broken every bone in my body....yet it dragged me away, kept my life-force. It wouldn't let me die....It controls me. I can speak, but it rules. Elexxion rebuilt me from Marciano's fortune which I stole. They did this to me. Now it is in control of the perfect machine. Tobias is not a direct enemy, but soon that'll change. He won't appreciate my plans. Enshadu's plans. Neither will you.
    Tobias is good, righteous, I respect that. You are the opposite. Come die.

"If I believed for a second you'd stop with Magtok, I'd let you murder him repeatedly, sure. Though, he is admittedly, my frenemy. Or kismesis? I don't know. I just know he invites me to parties that I crash and then we make up with torture sessions and information trades." Reinholdt shrugs.

Before swinging his staff at all three of them. This particular staff has a force repulse effect. Not some wimpy, I just pushed you back a few feet repulse effect either. A pick you and the dirt up and toss you many yards away and that landing's probably going to hurt effect.

Yes, he is targeting Zane, Enshadu, and Magtok with it all at the same time. Since it's just a wave that exudes from him in all directions anyways and those three weren't terribly far from him. Reinholdt wants some room to work.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ilpholin's Grove

Darcy shook head no. "Too hard to get a message through. But we're a warrior tribe. We know every time someone leaves that they may not come back."
    Ilpholin's Grove

"Oh? So you're a fighter then?" Ilpholin never considered Darcy that way too much before. "Could show me a few tricks perhaps?"
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-11-29 at 08:44 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

16. - Top - End - #166
    Troll in the Playground

{The Lost Wave- Melody's Island}

"Because she's going to hear about monster attacks tonight, whether you like it or not." Reinholdt says firmly.
    Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    "Reinholdt is right. We have to tell her what happened. Come on let's go find her."

He smiles to assure them they aren't in any sort of trouble. How could they be they just got brownies, people in trouble don't get brownies.
    Estia stomps her foot and frowns at the two adults. We should let her sleep. But both she and Lyanna lead Derek and Reinholdt to the cabin, where the family stays. Estia slowly opens the door, trying not to make a sound.

The hinge squeeeeeeks loudly. Hmm? Is... is someone there? Jezebelle calls out, sleepily. The light to her room flicks on. And there is some movement, but not the sound of feet on floor.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

17. - Top - End - #167

Lake Lazuli

'right. See this? Caesium takes a knee next to the lamed fat man, drawing a .455 Cassul-spewing handcannon from it's holster at his hip. If you're a moron we shoot you. Considering this rather harsh disciplinary policy, it would take a real moron to ignore our orders, wouldn'tcha say?

As if to drive the point home further, a duet of ratcheting sounds follow as the two of Caesium's brothers guarding the scientists snap back the bolts on their rifles. Now, fatso, can you walk?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

18. - Top - End - #168

Fields of Strife

Well now it's just getting crowded and all the cool awesome things Rein did are getting overwhelmed by other people wanting a piece of the pie.

Reinholdt was planning on asking Zane what he wants/who he is/why he wants what he wants/etc., but the fact that he's approaching Rein with a sword out of the whole group speaks volumes.

"If I believed for a second you'd stop with Magtok, I'd let you murder him repeatedly, sure. Though, he is admittedly, my frenemy. Or kismesis? I don't know. I just know he invites me to parties that I crash and then we make up with torture sessions and information trades." Reinholdt shrugs.

Before swinging his staff at all three of them. This particular staff has a force repulse effect. Not some wimpy, I just pushed you back a few feet repulse effect either. A pick you and the dirt up and toss you many yards away and that landing's probably going to hurt effect.

Yes, he is targeting Zane, Enshadu, and Magtok with it all at the same time. Since it's just a wave that exudes from him in all directions anyways and those three weren't terribly far from him. Reinholdt wants some room to work.
    Zane goes flying! After taking a few moments to catch his breath. He then picks himself up and charges Reinholdt, flames flaring from the blade.
    "Well that was lovely."
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

19. - Top - End - #169
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Lake Lazuli

'right. See this? Caesium takes a knee next to the lamed fat man, drawing a .455 Cassul-spewing handcannon from it's holster at his hip. If you're a moron we shoot you. Considering this rather harsh disciplinary policy, it would take a real moron to ignore our orders, wouldn'tcha say?

As if to drive the point home further, a duet of ratcheting sounds follow as the two of Caesium's brothers guarding the scientists snap back the bolts on their rifles. Now, fatso, can you walk?
    (Waiting for Magtok for Field of Strife)

The fat scientist howls and whimpers. Now he's bubbering pathetically. The four other scientists frown and clump together, absolutely terrified. The fat scientist speaks up through tears. Please...I...d-don't! Stay away from me! I...f-fine! What do you w-want!? Leave me alone...d-don't kill me! I have a family! No! I c-can't walk

20. - Top - End - #170

Lake Lazuli

Bad day to be you then, ain't it? With a sigh Caesium stands back up, aiming his gun dead at the injured scientists skull. Although, before I finish you off, I guess I'm obliged to ask if there's any particular reason I shouldn't? You've got ten seconds to argue your case.

21. - Top - End - #171

Fields of Strife

Magtok's never trusted the cat, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to him that Reinholdt went and threw him across the field like that. It shouldn't, but it did anyways. He staggers back to his feet, eyeing the conductor's baton of his with evident dismay. Crap, the thing just had to go and snap in half, didn't it?

"So what you're saying is, because I opposed your idiot boss guy's plans, all the research you put into those plans got ruined, and now you've opted to hold my not wanting the world to end against me because there was a tiny bit of collateral damage I was barely even involved in.

Yeah, that's totally righteous. Oh no, I definitely don't see how anyone could see that as blaming everyone else for your own stupid mistakes at all. At least have the common courtesy to admit you're a bastard, ya bastard. I may be a terrible person, but at least I don't make promises of salvation I'm nowhere near qualified to keep."
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

22. - Top - End - #172
    Ogre in the Playground

Lake Lazuli

Bad day to be you then, ain't it? With a sigh Caesium stands back up, aiming his gun dead at the injured scientists skull. Although, before I finish you off, I guess I'm obliged to ask if there's any particular reason I shouldn't? You've got ten seconds to argue your case.
    (Will post for fields tomorrow, when I'm not half-asleep.)

The fat scientist starts bawling and wailing at the sight of the gun aimed his way. He feebly puts up a pudgy hand in pathetic resistance. You shot me! You did this! I-It's n-not my fault! P-Please! I h-have a f-family! I...p-please! Don't kill me...

23. - Top - End - #173

Lake Lazuli

Caesium pulls the trigger.

Turning back to the other scientists, he addresses them once more. So. You've seen what we're quite happy to do. What's going to happen next is, we will proceed to the rendezvous point. From there we will proceed to a secure location where your fate will be decided.

All you need to do is walk, answer questions and follow orders. Our only question at this time is who of you formerly held highest rank?

24. - Top - End - #174
    Troll in the Playground

Ilpholin's Grove

"Oh? So you're a fighter then?" Ilpholin never considered Darcy that way too much before. "Could show me a few tricks perhaps?"
    "I doubt it. I saw you fighting Gordon. You're way better than I ever was," Darcy says. "I practised sorcery and so I didn't learn as much as the other kids my age." She pulls down her top to show the back of her left shoulder, where a rune of an arrow pointing up. "It's the symbol of Tyr, the god of war. That's who my tribe follows."
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Estia stomps her foot and frowns at the two adults. We should let her sleep. But both she and Lyanna lead Derek and Reinholdt to the cabin, where the family stays. Estia slowly opens the door, trying not to make a sound.

The hinge squeeeeeeks loudly. Hmm? Is... is someone there? Jezebelle calls out, sleepily. The light to her room flicks on. And there is some movement, but not the sound of feet on floor.
    "Hey it's us we're back."

Derek tries to shoo Estia through the door. No point in trying to be sneaky, even if she was any good at it.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

26. - Top - End - #176
    Ogre in the Playground

Exclamation Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIII

Lake Lazuli

Caesium pulls the trigger.

Turning back to the other scientists, he addresses them once more. So. You've seen what we're quite happy to do. What's going to happen next is, we will proceed to the rendezvous point. From there we will proceed to a secure location where your fate will be decided.

All you need to do is walk, answer questions and follow orders. Our only question at this time is who of you formerly held highest rank?
    The other scientists shriek, and the short gnomish one jumps a bit. The fat scientist is gruesimely shot, and he falls backward, dead. An older woman walks in front now. She has brown hair, with some greying streaks. She has a labcoat and white gloves. She's obviously upset. You monster! What is wrong with you?! Are you insane?! I am in charge here, I am Marcus Brant's wife. What are you doing?! Let us go!

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Fields of Strife

As he's walking ever closer, he replies to Reinholdt. This all started with Magtok supporting others, and even aiding others into the destruction of my work, my home, and myself. Who I was. This will all end with Magtok as well! I will destroy all those in power....people like them will be the end of good in this place. Power corrupts, ultimate power corrupts ultimately. Magtok must die. All of him, all clones, all power. Everything. He will burn! Every one of him...then the leaders of the nexus will fall, all the foul, horrid, corrupt leaders! Power is evil, it turns good people into monsters...They must all die.

Just as Enshadu's spinning blades almost connect with Magtok, he is blasted forward by the powerful white staff. Now, all four whirling, spinning, and zapping blades tumble forward, seeing as Enshadu was straight in front of Magtok , he might find that the four blades are coming at Magtok very, very fast now. Unless he ducks or jumps out of the way somehow, he'll be smashed by Enshadu. Ahg! The blades instantly cauterize wounds, as well as melt metal. Regardless of whether or not the blades hit Magtok, slots open in his mechanical thighs, and in his back, and thrusters stop Enshadu from flying forward anymore. He'll then drop to the ground, facing either Magtok's corpse, or the area where Magtok was.

Zane goes flying! After taking a few moments to catch his breath. He then picks himself up and charges Reinholdt, flames flaring from the blade.
    "Well that was lovely."
    Enshadu's extremely powerful machine powered left ear picks up Zane's speech, he shouts out as he's flying. No! Not Reinholdt, don't let him escape. Disarm him, don't hurt him!

Fields of Strife

Magtok's never trusted the cat, so it shouldn't come as much of a surprise to him that Reinholdt went and threw him across the field like that. It shouldn't, but it did anyways. He staggers back to his feet, eyeing the conductor's baton of his with evident dismay. Crap, the thing just had to go and snap in half, didn't it?

"So what you're saying is, because I opposed your idiot boss guy's plans, all the research you put into those plans got ruined, and now you've opted to hold my not wanting the world to end against me because there was a tiny bit of collateral damage I was barely even involved in.

Yeah, that's totally righteous. Oh no, I definitely don't see how anyone could see that as blaming everyone else for your own stupid mistakes at all. At least have the common courtesy to admit you're a bastard, ya bastard. I may be a terrible person, but at least I don't make promises of salvation I'm nowhere near qualified to keep."
    Enshadu is flying toward Magtok as the cyborg with the broken baton speaks. You're a fool! I think you broke something by the way...My "idiot boss guy" was creating a powerful machine! It would have worked for the good of humanity...it would have powered the Nexus...kept everyone happy, I was researching a fuel that could be used instead of spirits. I was onto something! I could have helped all humanity...but no! You and some powerful, if greedy bounty hunters and AMENites attacked the tower! I could have changed the world...instead....I am E now. It's your fault. You are a terrible person Magtok, and I'm going to kill every last one of you.

28. - Top - End - #178

Enshadu's extremely powerful machine powered left ear picks up Zane's speech, he shouts out as he's flying. No! Not Reinholdt, don't let him escape. Disarm him, don't hurt him!
    Zane releases a feral growl, muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "never let's me have any fun..."
    He will continue to charge towards Reinholdt, ready to lose his life to disarm and capture him.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #179

Lake Lazuli

Caesium rolls his eyes, taking a swaggering step forward to loom over Mrs. Brant. You are in no position be calling us monsters or demanding answers. You are all now prisoners of Excelsior. You will obey or you will be killed. Your current orders are to get walking. What part do you not understand?

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Drop Zone

Part of what he says gets through. Ant-person. Someone in Nora's squad had heard that CDF used Special Forces to create soldiers that were so strange they didn't even look human anymore. Nora hadn't believed it at the time, but what if...?

If she'd just tried to kill one of their own, she was in so much trouble.

What if this was a training test? Put the rookie in an atmosphere entry bubble and then move them somewhere else to see how they cope? If so, Nora Pascal had just failed the test, badly.

Cassius will feel her go limp, defeated. "Anthea Epsilon is the planet we were supposed to take back from the Lodori. But this doesn't look like Anthea Epsilon, and you don't look like a Lodori."
    Drop Zone

...****.

Cassius closes his eyes for a moment and takes a deep breath. Great...a newbie. Alright, how do I handle this? Get her somewhere safe obviously, but the only place I know is...

...****. I hope father doesn't kill me.

After a moment, Cassius opens his eyes and looks at her seriously as he lets her go. "Look, ma'am. Things have gotten a lot worse than you realize. See, this isn't Anthea Epsilon. Nor even the same galaxy most likely. Lets just say you aren't even in the same dimension any more if that helps. It'll be a bit of a shock as I go further into it, but I live just a few miles away. If you come with me, we can get you a place to stay while I explain."