New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Outside XXXIII

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post

Fields of Strife

In the meantime, however...
    "The funny thing about people and power... people are already monsters most of the time. Power just gives them the opportunity to act on their natures. Take it from someone who knows."

Reinholdt puts away the staff in favor of a pair of wands which he'll fire in rapid succession. Dual wand wielding go!

The first fires off at Zane and designed to turn flesh into stone. We'll test this theory about willing to lose life.
    The second fires off at Enshadu. It's a magical rusting effect. Good for taking on metal things. Like Enshadu.
    Enshadu manages to keep track of Magtok, Zane's, and Magtok's words, and location using the special mechanical sensory organs that are his eye(s), his ears, and his echolocation. I was not a monster! I was good...I laid the foundation for science that would help people...then The Spirit Engine project had to be discontinued, due to that attack...I could have helped people! Now I can only speak, watch, and listen as this thing controls everything I am...Was. If people are already monsters...they all must die. Everything must die. It is nature....but I couldn't die. Magtok will die, and you will die unless you change.
    The wand of rust's blast of magic will smash right into Enshadu's back, the rust takes effect for about five seconds, causing the walking shredding machine to temporarily stop, however, the rust disappears off the metal man. For that...you will pay Reinholdt. Even your rust cannot kill me. I was looking forward to it...this metal is not effected by simple rust. This metal is elementium mixed with a special alloy from Louv're Tower Laboratories, given to Elexxion to work with...You shouldn't hit a man with his back turned...that's foul play.

Quote Originally Posted by aric_kale View Post
    Zane releases a feral growl, muttering something that sounds suspiciously like "never let's me have any fun..."
    He will continue to charge towards Reinholdt, ready to lose his life to disarm and capture him.
    Enshadu is too busy to respond to Zane's complaint, due to the whole fighting Magtok and REinholdt and trying not to die. Or...trying to.

Magtok's
    Show
    "You're clearly just jealous because you and your stupid boss didn't get any ultimate power to be monstrous with. I'm glad we stopped you, who wants to be ruled over by a-"

Magtok promptly leaps back and away, cut off mid-sentence by a deadly attack from the other half of this conversation. Oh that's right, Enshadu is trying to kill him razor blades, isn't he? It's time to stop talking and actually start fighting now, lest Enshadu finally close in with those things and tear Magtok to bits. He lifts off the ground, hoping to escape the other cyborg's reach by quickly flying above and away from the man who once was Dr. Brant. This should keep him from getting caught in that rust effect, too, which is a handy bonus.

Enshadu speaks out, I never wanted "ultimate power"! I wanted to help people! I was happy, married! Working on a project I'd been interested in all my life! You ruined my life, along with few others! I haven't seen my wife in years! Not that she'd recognize you....I"m going to peel that metal off your face Magtok...I promise you. Lightning razor blades. Enshadu might have reached Magtok as he jumped, if the rust spell hadn't hit him, due to that, Enshadu can only turn to face Magtok this round. However, coming out of the cyborgs other shoulder is what looks like some kind of hand-cannon, built into Enshadu. He twirls all four blades. Afraid?

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor
    [Lake of Dreams]

"Heh. Indeed. And you haven't even seen the elevator yet...", she teases, laughing quietly, and nodding.

Upon entering the building, he'll find that the interior is almost completely bare, save for slightly inset platform in the center of the floor, which he probably recognizes as being carved into the shape of a spine of commensurate size with the skull they're standing in.

Of course, he might be a touch distracted by what seems to be a pair of rather powerful undead knights, armed with chainsaws, and with a fair bit of steampunk cybernetics grafted to them, both standing on the other side of the room from the pair.
    [Lake of Dreams]

Of course Yuki would be distracted. It's undead and steampunk and grafts! He gives a cursory glance to the platform, but then gazes in wonder at the two knights. "Are those two active? What can they do? How were they made? Did you make them?" His rapid questions are accompanied by an excited, almost hyperactive, expression, like a child in a toy store.
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-02 at 01:12 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Ilpholins Grove

Time skip, with stories!
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #214
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Hildur does her best to ignore the argument between Damon and Vizek. She really doesn't know enough about demons to offer much insight. So, when Wenomir says to get to the tower, she starts to move in that direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    "Knock it off, you two," Wenomir barks. "There's still work to be done." He points to the tower with his axe. "We need to find out what's going on there. Let's move."
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "You didn't know? Great. Great. Have you really grown sso overconfident? Mr high and mighty demon-sslaying dragon doessn't think there are any demonss that are a threat any more, iss that it?" Damon hisses. He probably should be paying attention to the demonic energy and stuff, but he's far too busy being angry right now.

He's very angry, in fact.

"We were not prepared for ssomething like that...whatever it wass. If you didn't know anything, why didn't you ssay sso? We could've sscouted the area out, made ssure we were ready to deal with whatever we faced." And then Damon tries to punch Vizek in the face.

He is not a happy Zern.

Probably not helped by his hatred of dragons.
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    [Ancient Forest]

Jacob sighs and speaks to the rest of the group.

"I wish not to interrupt, but this battle is not yet won. There is still magical energy emanating from the tower, and sinister dweomers are gathering there."
    [Ancient Forest]

Vizek is hit by what must be a upper-cut as he's still in his true dragon form. He recoils back in shock and shoots a glare at Damon. "Let's discuss this when we aren't fighting demons." He replies curtly.

Meanwhile the ones approaching the tower can see that the door is closed, despite it being open a moment ago.

BOOOMBOOOOM!!!

Thunder, followed a few seconds later by a bright flash that lit's up the hill.

Looks like the storm might already be here.

Harnel's Cave
    ¨
    If there were clothes made for dragons in her world...

The dragon lands in fron of the cave with the cow in tow. "Here we are again, so are we just going to tie her down and leave her here then?"

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Derek does his best not to ogle her in her robe, and stays back by the door letting the girls rush in to get all the hugs.

"Yeah he spotted us on our way back to the island. Which was lucky for us, he managed to give me a hand with a little problem we ran into. We had cut the trip short because there was some weird stuff going on. Maybe we should get the girls into bed, and then we can talk more about it."
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    Reinholdt smiles and returns the wave. "Just brownies this time I'm afraid. I can get the girls to bed if you want to talk." Though he's not sure they'll sleep much anyways. But waking up just to put someone else to bed has to be tiring.
    Jezebelle looks intrigued by the mention of a "little problem" as she takes the box of brownies from Lyanna's hands. Alright girls, you've obviously had quite an adventure today. She starts to shoo them Reinholdt's way. Go with Mister Reinholdt, and don't make a fuss.

Awwww. they say in unison, but go anyway. Despite herself, Lyanna yawns as she heads out the door. But I'm not tired. Estia says.

Upstairs, the both of you. She gives them a stern look. And I'll be right back. she says to Derek, then disappears into her room.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #216
    Halfling in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

"Battle? Fighting?" Damon lets out a hollow, hissing laugh. "What battle? I nearly got knocked out of the ssky, a couple of demonss attacked you, and the resst esscaped. Hardly a battle. Barely even a sskirmissh."

He doesn't press the matter beyond that though, simply folding his arms and waiting to see if the folks at the tower make any progress. He's not going over there without reason, certainly not as long as Wenomir thinks he can order him about.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Titan in the Playground

[Ancient Forest]

Swearing under his breath, Wenomir tries to open the door. If it won't budge, he'll try to kick it in. Unless it opens to the outside, in which case he'll try to use his axe. He really doesn't feel like messing around.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

[Ancient Forest]

Meanwhile, Jacob attempts to dispel any spell or charm that might be sealing the door! If he can't find anything to dispel, he'll attempt to assist Wenomir in a more conventional manner.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholins Grove

Those are the best stories. I almost forgot to post.

Anyways, Ilpholin will repeat tonight what occurred last night and unless something interesting happens there, it'll be day 3!

{Melody's Island}

"Doesn't matter. Come along. Tut tut. Spoon full of sugar. Etc Etc Etc." Reinholdt says as he goes to herd the girls along to their rooms.

Fields of Strife

I'll wait on Kale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

Ilpholin's Grove

Day 3. Darcy will continue to caress, feed, wash, hold, entertain, snog, and generally care for her girlfriend, as each is needed.

Sadly, Darcy's storytelling isn't as hilarious as Ovid's. I <3 that site so much!

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Drop Zone

Nora lets him help her up. Her first goal is to recover her helmet and her Empee. Her second is to look over Hero Cass carefully. "They gave you some of the extreme mods then, with the shapeshifting. But why don't you have chlorophyllic skin or Smart Blood or a Brain Pal?" She shakes her head, realizing the answer. "You got mods, but not from CDF. Different galaxy. There's probably no CDF here, or it's so different that it works with tech differently. But you wear a uniform. You fight for someone, and that means you fight against someone, so I need to know who that is before I go another step."
    Drop Zone

"The uniform is a reward for surviving my term in the Penal Legions in Remnant, a Multi-Race Military Police organization that protects the city."
    Cassius explains as he adjusts his uniform and calls up a couple ants to begin mending the holes and to remove the stains on it. "I killed a few people who were weakly associated with the death of one of my fathers." He admits before tilting his head to pop his neck. "As for the shapeshifting, I was gene-engineered by my mother. I don't need the other stuff because my shapeshifting allows me a certain...durability that most others would lack. Besides, I have other talents."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Abandoned Motorway Community- Town Hall

The man, as he arrived at the table, starts opening the compartments of it. He slowly grabs the water bottle, taking a closer look and shakes it.He takes the plastic bottle, putting it in his bag. Finding nothing valuable at the compartments, he now walked to the headless corpse.

He just stared at the body and at the arm, as if he were to imagine what happened. He stood still for several minutes, then proceeds on going to the containers made out of car boots.
    Last edited by Basher; 2012-12-02 at 06:02 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Orc in the Playground

A large bladed weapon hit her arm and severed it, carrying on until it was wedged into her ribcage. It was violently ripped out, and her head was removed post-mortem.

Inside the car boot containers are an old Mickey Mouse shaped rucksack currently empty, a neatly folded business suit, a pile of spare parts for various mechanical devices and a box of fragmentation grenades.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

{Melody's Island}

Derek stands there and waits, going over what happened in his head one more time to make sure he doesn't leave out anything important when he tells Jezebelle.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

15. - Top - End - #225
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Seeing the rucksack, he takes a closer look at it. He sighs after finding out it's empty, then proceeds to look for something else. He notices the suit, but he has no idea what it is. He took interest in the spare parts, as he takes a piece and looks at it. He place the piece back in the pile, proceeding to the other door that leads further within.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Orc in the Playground

Beyond the door is an office, with a slightly rusty metal desk with an old book wedged under one of its feet to keep it stable, a chair scavenged from a car behind it, and a cupboard against one wall painted with the word 'Armoury'. Lying near the armoury cupboard is most of the mayor, with one of his arms lying on the desk and his right ankle, and most of that leg, nailed to one of the walls. He was wearing an old combat suit, with kevlar plates in it, but that's been badly compromised by the large axe-blows through it. The arm on the desk is gripping a pistol, and there's pieces of blood and skull and even horn lying around- bits missed when the wild satyr he killed was dragged off by its compatriots.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Basher
    Guest in the Playground

Opening the door with a creaking sound, he now stands in front of the desk. He looks down, towards the parts of a man, his body encased in something he doesn't know. He lowers down, examining the body even further. After examining, he stands up, noticing the horn. He picks up the horn, holding it infront of his face.

"This looks something familiar.."

He mumbles it as he puts down the horn. It seems that it's familiar to him, but he doesn't actually remember what it is. He looks around some more, and he noticed the writing on the cupboard. He opens it, looking on what's inside.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    [Maeve's]
    The chronically-ill catgirl nuzzles back insistently.
    I'm going to help you somehow and you're not going to be able to stop me, hon.
    ((Both!))
    Maeve sighs softly, returning the nuzzling, and planting a gentle kiss on her cheek.

"If you insist, love... Stay close, though, okay? I want to be able to make sure you're okay while we're doing this, just in case."

Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Lake of Dreams]

Of course Yuki would be distracted. It's undead and steampunk and grafts! He gives a cursory glance to the platform, but then gazes in wonder at the two knights. "Are those two active? What can they do? How were they made? Did you make them?" His rapid questions are accompanied by an excited, almost hyperactive, expression, like a child in a toy store.

"Certainly they are,"
    she answers, grinning somewhat. "As for what they can do, if you'd like a demonstration, I'm sure I can arrange one, and how they're made is what we're going to see down there.

And I did make them, yes, at least partly."

19. - Top - End - #229
    Orc in the Playground

Inside the armoury is a large machine gun, formerly mounted upon a military vehicle and several boxes of ammunition. In addition, there's a broken old rifle that's been converted into a crossbow, a quiver of bolts, a sports bow made of metal and many arrows (mainly carbon fibre; some are hand-made wood), three rifles, an air gun, a drawer of pistols, a spear made from a length of polished rebar, a sabre, a spear of wood with a jagged metal head and three flashbang grenades.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin]
    She nods, squeezing her hand as they look to begin their cleaning.
    I have you. I'll be perfectly fine, hon.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

21. - Top - End - #231
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin]

Maeve gently squeezes her hand as well, smiling a bit, and presumably, they begin to clean up the cabin, though, after clearing a room or two, they may encounter a section of hallway that's completely choked with spider-webs, to the point that the other end of it can't be seen.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin]
    Khair frowns. That looks rather unpleasant... let's get it over with.
    She sighs, shaking her ears.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

Drop Zone

Nora's BrainPal unpacks the concept of a penal military unit for her. It seems an efficient way of dealing with criminals to her, but she isn't sure she would want to be fighting next to those who were only fighting because they had no other choice.

(The concept that she and her fellow Special Forces likewise had been given no choice does not occur to her. She is proud to serve - to be one of the few humans who is born with a purpose. She doesn't know this loyalty was conditioned into her consciousness.)

"Multi-race - so this planet is one where humans and aliens live as allies? Which race controls it? How many planets are held by humanity?" Nora asks, getting annoyed at how ****ing slow it is to talk verbally. "You're wrong, you do need a BrainPal. This is a stupid way to communicate."

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #234
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post

"Certainly they are,"
    she answers, grinning somewhat. "As for what they can do, if you'd like a demonstration, I'm sure I can arrange one, and how they're made is what we're going to see down there.

And I did make them, yes, at least partly."
    "Really? I would love a demonstration, but I'd like a tour of the production facilities first, if I can." Yuki grins and, still latched onto Talnissa's arm, beginning to pull her forwards as he continues to ask his (slightly calmer now) hyperactive questions. "How do you animate the flesh? Is it the standard negative energy, or something different? Could I have a sample to study?"

"...also, why chainsawsaxes?"
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-02 at 08:53 PM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin]

Maeve nods, frowning as well.

"Any thoughts on how to start?"

[The One-Story House With Multiple Basements, at the Place That is Sort of Similar to the Intermission]

Carrie, as I recall, promised to show Karyana around here at one time, so it's possible that they're here for that now?

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flats House]
    Yes, she is totally here.
    Carrie smiles, leading her in by the hand.
    This is my old place! It's pretty nice...
    ---
    [Cabin]
    Just... broom it to death?
    She frowns, looking at it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

[Flats House]

Karyana smiles as well, nodding.

"It certainly seems to be, yeah... Let's just hope nothing's moved in since you left."

---

[Cabin]

"I guess..."

Presumably, with that, they begin to do so!

In which case they'll find it very slow work. The brooms are getting rid of it, yes. But not very much of it, in comparison to how much there is. And despite their forward progress, it doesn't seem to be getting any less dense.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Cabin]
    She frowns, frustrated at this.
    This isn't getting us anywhere... how else do you get rid of spider webs?
    ---
    [Flats House]
    No, the Guides keep it nice and clean...
    She smiles, leading her downstairs to the warm basement.
    It's nice here---warm in winter, cool in summer.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Halfling in the Playground

For the record kale, you generally want to allow each participant a chance to post once before you post again. I understand this can slow things down, particularly if other participants have work or there's any more than one other person, but it helps in the long run. It hasn't really been an issue as of yet, but I wanted you to be aware for the future.

I also imagine that Zane probably needs to take a post to get across the distance he was just thrown. Unless he's got super speed or something. In which case let me know and I'll edit this post to properly account for him getting to Rein faster than expected.

Reinholdt puts away the staff in favor of a pair of wands which he'll fire in rapid succession. Dual wand wielding go!

The first fires off at Zane and designed to turn flesh into stone. We'll test this theory about willing to lose life.
    The second fires off at Enshadu. It's a magical rusting effect. Good for taking on metal things. Like Enshadu.
    Sorry about the double post and my delay in replying. Btw, I never said Zane REACHED Reinholdt, only that he CHARGED towards him...jus' sayin'.

Zane is hit! He tried to dodge at the last second, but the spell grazed his shoulder and took effect. Ah well, better luck next time Darkstar.
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

Fields of Strife

Like I said, it's no big deal yet. Just wanted to help you understand the convention for future roleplaying.

And huh. That worked.
    Well... yay!

"I'm a foul person." Reinholdt replies to Enshadu. He has no qualms about shooting a man with their back turned. Rein fights dirty. He did open up with a surprise sniper attack after all.

He doesn't say anything else though. Because dear Eve, Rein's finally found someone who likes the sound of their own voice more than Magtok. He didn't think it was possible.

Reinholdt packs away his current weapons in favor of a plasma based staff weapon and fires red hot plasma at Enshadu. Pew pew.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Ilpholin's Grove

Day 3. Darcy will continue to caress, feed, wash, hold, entertain, snog, and generally care for her girlfriend, as each is needed.

Sadly, Darcy's storytelling isn't as hilarious as Ovid's. I <3 that site so much!
    Ilpholin's Grove

Ilpholin at this point, has nausea kick in, so doesn't eat very much. At least, not much that she keeps down anyways.

But she has to make one last stab at making Darcy understand. She wants Darcy to understand.
    "Can we stop Darcy? I want to stop..."
    Or she could just beg for it. She's probably having trouble thinking through the brain fog at this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Harnel's Cave
    ¨
    If there were clothes made for dragons in her world...

The dragon lands in fron of the cave with the cow in tow. "Here we are again, so are we just going to tie her down and leave her here then?"
    Harnel's Cave

"Unless we're going to eat it now." And if they aren't... well now Harnel's more hungry than when they started this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.