New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default The Forgotten Saga

Last edited by Kamakiri; 2012-11-22 at 11:39 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: The Forgotten Saga

You awake slowly, first realizing the aching pain coursing through your whole body, every muscle feels as if it has been torn, every bone bruised. Your first few breaths are paused intermittently at you vomit sea water. A few moments pass before you notice that your clothes have been reduced to nothing more than rags, crusted with sand and sea salt. Gulls fly overhead, no doubt, decideing how long until you are their next meal.

You find yourself on a white sanded beach, dotted with sharp rocks. The tide is about 4 feet from your feet, and the atmosphere while clear, holds a feeling of tension to it.

Pat
    Spoiler
    Show

Turning to your side, you notice that you are not alone, it seems that the waves have washed up another individual about 7 feet to your right. Taking a closer look, you see that he has light almost neon-green hair, and a beard to match. He seems to be slowly gathering his senses, and as he looks around you two make eye contact.

Kreighton
    Spoiler
    Show
    Turning to your side, you notice that you are not alone, it seems that the waves have washed up another individual about 7 feet to your left. Taking a closer look, you see that he his head is covered with a thick mat of oak-brown hair, and his chin and cheeks have rugged patches of hair. He seems to be slowly gathering his senses, and as he looks around you two make eye contact.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

Initiative: [roll]1d20+3[roll]
    name unknown (Pat) says to Kreighton: who the hell are you (said in a defencive tone). wait who the hell am I? do you have any idea where were we are or what happened?

meanwhile i get up and start to look around for water to drink

rob here are my roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    perception check: take 20 sense motive check on Kreighton [roll]1d20+2[roll]
    Last edited by pet007; 2012-12-01 at 01:38 PM. Reason: fixing my roles so they work out

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Redgoblin
    Spoiler
    Show

You awake to the sound of a tremendous thunder clap. The lightning blinding you for a few seconds. Your ears ring sharply as you begin to regain consciousness. The downpour or maybe the ocean ,your not sure which, has soaked you through to the bone. Looking at your arms you notice that your very pale skin is covered in deep scrapes and cuts.

Amidst the darkness you notice only two other things. That you are very, very cold. And that with your grey shaded vision you notice someone approaching you.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    For the record darkvision only allows you to see in black, white, and gray.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Initiative: (1d20+2)[9]

To Pat: "I don't. How long have we been here?"

I also slowly get up and look around the beach.

Rob:
    Spoiler
    Show

perception check: (1d20+1)[9]

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Klong
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you look around you notice that the beach is rathre shallow in depth and seems to be bordered by short dunes from which tall reed-like plants sprout about 2 feet in height (at this point you realize you and and other individual on the beach are probably only a bout 3 or 4 feet tall). As you continue to observe your surroundings a bit of sand blows into your eyes.

7. - Top - End - #7

ElfWarriorGuy

I don't know i can't remember anything. do you know who that other guy/girl is?

8. - Top - End - #8
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

To Pat: "Who? Where?"

9. - Top - End - #9
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Klong and pat
    Spoiler
    Show
    As you two converse you being to hear the voice of someone whistling. It is coming from the inland direction.

Pat
    Spoiler
    Show
    You're not sure, but the whistling seems to be a male's voice.

Also you are both at half hitpoints currently and affected by the exhausted condition. (details in the spoiler below)
    Spoiler
    Show

Move at half speed
    cannot run or charge
    -6 penalty to str and dex (-3 to each modifier)
    After 1hr of rest you remove exhausted and become fatigued

10. - Top - End - #10

ElfWarriorGuy

Klong: never mind I was probably just hallucinating (as I chuckle to myself)
    I do believe I heard someone whistle up from the beach? do you hear something too or am i just insane due to our current condition?

ROB
    Spoiler
    Show
    Rob do I see anything useful around the beach and what do my surroundings look like
    Last edited by pet007; 2012-12-12 at 11:19 AM. Reason: had to say who the spoiler was for

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

pat
    Spoiler
    Show
    There are a few sticks that have washed up onto the beach; however none of them look like they would be any use as a weapon.

Klong
    Spoiler
    Show
    Now that this odd fellow mentions it you do hear a distinctive whistling heading your way. However, maybe you are just starting to hallucinate too.

I need fortitude saves from the both of you.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

To Pat: "I hear it too, though it is faint. Let's see if we can find the source of the whistling."

I delicately make my way up the beach heading towards the sound.

Rob:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Fortitude Save: (1d20+4)[11]

13. - Top - End - #13

ElfWarriorGuy

Ok Lets go, I do know its a man though because was able to hear the distinction in the tone

I slowly follow him to the source of the sound

Rob
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+2)[18]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Rob,

Spoiler
    Show
    I, slowly and carefully, try to rise. Looking around I check for any clues as to the nature of who approaches, any clues as to how I got here, or any thing that would make a convenient weapon.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Klong and Pat

Spoiler
    Show
    You being to walk, rather more stumbling and staggering that one would expect, inland from the beach, your bones aching with every step. As you near the first dune the whistling becomes louder and before you react a man steps up over the dune.

He is clad in a leather jacket with a thick damp clock draping from his shoulders. Sturdy steal toed boots cover his feet. A long red beard flows from his wrinkled face ending an inch or two above a large silver belt buckle. An Axe hangs from his side. He takes a look at you then glances up to the sky and mutters, " Kaniṣṭha ī eraḍu naḍedu hōgabahudāgide. Āśādāyakavāgi ī em koneya āgiruttade."

Dwarven
    Spoiler
    Show
    At least these two can walk. Hopefully this will be the last of em.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

To Pat: "I can't understand his tongue. Can you make out what he's saying?"

17. - Top - End - #17

ElfWarriorGuy

rob
    Spoiler
    Show
    if i can not understand dwarven i am going to try to comprehend the language. let me know if this is possible

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Pat
    Spoiler
    Show
    You are unable to comprehend what the dwarf is saying

Pat and Klong
    Spoiler
    Show
    The dwarf takes a look at you and realizing that you cannot understand him he speaks in a language you are able to make out

Well least I did'n haf to come out ina storm ta get the two of ya. (He scans the coast breifly) N' from the looks of it ther aren't any more of ya. Right, best ya come with me, don't look too bad, much better than the other n', but some grub would do ya good."

Steven
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the storm you can't see much of what is around you, but through the wind driven rain you see a hand reach out, and you pass out as you feel yourself being lifted upwards.

You awake sometime later, appearing to be in a room that is well adorned with furs and animals, frozen in place, trophies of various hunts. Three walls are cleanly carved, and a large fireplace adorns the wall across from you. You are laying on a mat of straw and hey with a thick blanket covering you. You see the figure from the beach, which you vaguely remember, sitting in a chair next to the fire, gazing intently into it. With the lack of rain you can make out now that he is a sturdy stout individual standing about 4 and a half feet tall. With a large beard extending down to his mid torso.

OOC: You are now at 6 hit points ( you were at half when you woke on the beach), and are now only fatigued instead of exhausted).
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2012-12-15 at 03:52 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

ElfWarriorGuy

Thank you for your hospitality and who else? do you know what happened?

20. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

Rob

Spoiler
    Show
    I take it you brought me in hear. Thank you. Who are you, do you have any idea what happened to me?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

If I have nothing to add at this point I'll just be putting a blank post to indicate that I am up to date and have nothing to contribute at this time. So when you see a blank post, just move along.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

To Pat and Klong
    Spoiler
    Show
    "Was a bad storm rippin through these parts tha phast two days. A right nasty en. I found two men washed up on the shore, bout tha same spot as you two. 'un was in bad shape, paler than a ghost.
    As far the hospitality, don't worry bout it. 'ad a dream the other night. beautiful woman tellin me to come to the beach. Don't know bout you, but I ain't ignoring a beautiful woman's voice, be it dream or not.
    Name's Aldin. Your's?"

Red Goblin
    Spoiler
    Show

"Name's Aldin, (he speaks with a thick accent and gestures to his chest as he says his name) and I don't know who ya are just that I was to getcha. You washed up on the shore with another man, he was in much better shape though, made his way 'ere. He should be back soon, I have ta go though, pick up another package. Help yourself to the stew (he says as he points to the pot) He then gets up, goes out the door pulling it hard behind him)."

No sooner does he seem to leave than the door opens and another individual enters into the hut. A tall human who seems as though he is getting ready to journey quite a distance.

Nazgulnine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Entering back into Aldin's hut, you first notice a pot over the fireplace, the air is thick with the smell of firewood and hearty stew. The crackle of the warm fire seems to reach out and sooth your skin while light dances across the walls. You then notice out of the corner of your eye that there is a man peering at you from beneath a thick blanket. His appearance is that of a sickly old man, silver-white hair clings to his scalp and his pale complection contrasts his surroundings. Chilling are the eyes the peer at you as they seem somewhat.......abnormal.
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2012-12-24 at 01:16 AM.

23. - Top - End - #23

DM and Redgoblin:
    "Aldrin? I'm back, you old dorf! I managed to find some decent clo--" As he enters, the tall man; dark of skin, tattooed and brown of hair and green of eye, carries a heavy leather rucksack on a trident slung over his shoulder. A bandoleer and quivered bow are strung across his torso. Turning his gaze around the home, when his eye falls upon the old man he places his bundle down at his side. "Clothes."

The man raps the shaft of his trident onto his shoulder before continuing, his gaze meeting the old man's in question.

"Out of everything in here, you're a new sight." Aside from the pot, of course. The aroma that wafted from the pot added to the shack's pleasantly rustic aura. He was hungry, that was certain, but the bedridden man concerned him. Raising an eyebrow and slanting his mouth, he continued.

"Who are you...and where has that loud Dwarf gotten himself off to?"

24. - Top - End - #24

ElfWarriorGuy

yes i would do that for a hot women and i apologize but i can not remember my name for the life of me. it seems i have lost all my memory of who i am, and what i was doing. hell I could be a king or all i know (said in a sarcastic way)

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

To Aldin: As with me. Where are the other two?

To Pat: If we're lucky they'll know more than we do at the moment.

26. - Top - End - #26

ElfWarriorGuy

yes I hope that is case

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Pat And Klong
    Spoiler
    Show
    After hearing the first statment Aldin lets out a deep rumble of a laugh"Hahahaha, a King. Should I start callin' ya your magisty now or should we save that for after ye find your crown. As regarding the other two.....Well, after I found 'em I wasn't too sure what ta do with 'em, so I led 'em back to my hut. One of tha men goes by the name Ildu, he awoke first so I gave 'em some money to replenish his gear. Tha other just woke, but I had to leave ta get the two of ya. "

"And I wouldn't be gettin yer hopes up too much. That Ildu, a quark as he is. Didn't know who he was when he woke up too. Just decided he liked the name and so I stuck him with it."

"I'm just glad ye can walk. We should be at my place in a few."
    Last edited by Kamakiri; 2012-12-25 at 05:37 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

ElfWarriorGuy

(I am just going to follow him in silence unless asked a question or other dialogue arises that I may want to comments on)

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

Goblin

DM and Ildu,

Spoiler
    Show
    "Hello, I am ... I am ... I don't remember. I don't remember." After sitting there silently for a few moments, I look up and say, "Who are you, if you don't mind my asking. Also, what is a dwarf?". I look over to the stew pot hungrily. For a moment I wonder if I can trust these strange people. then I realize, with a slight sense of despair, that I have no way to know if I can trust them, or even if the stew is safe to eat.

As I sit there a new question occurs to me. "Why are you carrying that strange spear? Are we being attacked?" Slowly I stand to my feet, very carefully as I remember what happened the last time I tried.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

(yay! no more spoilers for now)
    (all can read below but the first part is read from the perspective of pet and klong outside the hut with Aldin).

After a half hours slow walk you round a hill and come upon a short path of cobble stones raising out of or sinking into the dirt here and there. Looking down the path you see a small hut, more of a shed looking structure rather, propped against a large boulder. A small forest begins just behind the hut.

Aldin announces "Ah 'ere we are. It don't look much 'rum the outside, but it 'remindes me of me old home far inland. We'll get ya inside and rested... He pauses takes a deep breath then turns around to face you. Oh before I forget, the two others should be there....we'll at least one of em. And if he ain't dead or ina coma again it'll be somethin for me ta smile bout. Maybe we can sit down over some stew and sort things out between the four-a-ya."

He leads you up to the hut and swings open the door, nearly knocking a tall giant of a man down the stairs into a room that seems to be carved out of the boulder itself, both the above and underground portion of it.

"Ildu! You're back, looks like ye found some useful tidbits. Now what are ye perchin by the door like a bird for!? These two, he says gesturing behind him with his thumb to two short individuals, one with light green hair and a spotty beard to match, the other with shaggy brown hair. Both look rather rough around the edges, as if they were just spit up from the sea. "are uh.......we'll........... uh....... we don't exactly know. We'll I do, just not names in such. Anyways best we all sit and figure out what exactly yer doin, who ya are, and why you all washed up together."