New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Default Lore Warden - Know Weakness - Replacement

I'm currently playing a Lore Warden specialized around using a whip to trip and grapple opponents and generally be annoying to my DM. But I've never been really satisfied with the lore warden "capstone" ability, Know Weakness.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/core...es/lore-warden

Know Weakness (Ex)

At 19th level, a lore warden can automatically confirm a critical hit once per round when he threatens a critical hit.

This ability replaces armor mastery.

The ability itself isn't so bad, one free crit confirm per round, but the next level you get this:

Weapon Mastery (Ex)

At 20th level, a fighter chooses one weapon, such as the longsword, greataxe, or longbow. Any attacks made with that weapon automatically confirm all critical threats and have their damage multiplier increased by 1 (×2 becomes ×3, for example). In addition, he cannot be disarmed while wielding a weapon of this type.

-------------------------

So I was thinking the Lore Warden is the master of maneuvers, so why not build the ability around this instead?

"Your mastery of the battlefield and knowledge of enemy anatomy allows you a wider range of combat maneuvers. You gain additional options in battle depending on the greater combat maneuver feats you have learned."

You gain additional effects as part of the combat maneuver.

Trip - The enemy gains the entangled condition as long as they're prone.

Dirty Tricks -The enemy becomes staggered for one round.

Grapple - You take no penalties to Dexterity or on attack rolls while grappled, and retain your Dexterity bonus to AC while pinning an opponent.

Bull Rush - You count as one size category larger for bull rush purposes.

Reposition - You can now move enemies into spaces that are dangerous, such as a pit or wall of fire.

Disarm - Disarmed weapons land in a target space up to 15 feet away of your choice.

Drag - You can chose to swap places with the enemy instead of dragging them.

Sunder - You can identify an items weakness and ignore up to 5 points of hardness.

Overrun - Enemies that are knocked prone are also shaken until the beginning of your next turn.

Steal - Enemies attempting to use a stolen item in combat are flat-footed until the start of their next turn.

-------------------------
    Last edited by Panigg; 2012-11-25 at 09:57 AM.