New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: !Monsters and Mayhem in Laterr [3.5] IC

Blue leaps to his feet, almost snarling at the plant-thing.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Sy'Aldreth slams one of his tentacles on the floor next to Blue. A vine likely as thick as the goblin's torso.

"Be happy you could lisssten to sssong of a quality you never dreamed of in your filfthy little life, goblin."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

3. - Top - End - #33
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

If Tak had eyes, she would have blinked. If she had brows, they would have furrowed angrily. She did, however, have a mouth, and in that mouth were a rather impressive array of fangs. She snarled angrily as she stood, her Queen's rage flowing through her body, but instead of turning it on the plant creature, she decided that the elvish woman needed to die first.

She would decide about the singing plant creature after the humanoids were dead.

Spoiler
    Show

Attacking the crouching elvish healer lady. I'm guessing she's close enough, at least for a 5 ft step.

Full attack with my natural weapons array. Only crits on Nat 20.

Bite
    (1d20+10)[29]
    (1d20+10)[18] Crit confirmation
    Damage
    (1d8+7)[15] piercing
    (1d6)[1] Acid
    (2d6)[5] Sneak Attack

Spine
    (1d20+8)[15]
    (1d20+8)[23] Crit confirmation
    Damage
    (1d6+4)[7] piercing
    (2d6)[10] Sneak Attack

Claw 1
    (1d20+8)[19]
    (1d20+8)[15] Crit confirmation
    Damage
    (1d6+4)[7] Slashing
    (1d6)[6] Acid
    (2d6)[7] Sneak Attack

Claw 2
    (1d20+8)[14]
    (1d20+8)[22] Crit confirmation
    Damage
    (1d6+4)[8] Slashing
    (1d6)[5] Acid
    (2d6)[9] Sneak Attack

Tail Blade
    (1d20+8)[26]
    (1d20+8)[21] Crit confirmation
    Damage
    (1d8+4)[5] Piercing
    (1d6)[3] Acid
    (2d6)[5] Sneak Attack

If Sneak Attack doesn't happen, ignore those rolls. If she dies before I'm done, if there's someone else not in the PC group in range of my hits, I'd like to maul them too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Blue is about to give a sharp retort when the black...thing tears the elf apart. "Wait, we must know why they hunt us!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Sy'Aldreth hisses softly.

"And I mussst object to you ripping my prossspective matesss apart, my lady."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

6. - Top - End - #36
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

With an internal smile, Aldreth kills the men. The insect thing jumps on one of the two women, killing her with nasty claws and a large tail. That would not do at all. The goblin protests both actions, yelling that they needed someone alive, and also angry at being enchanted. Everyone present, basically, is a little miffed.

Except of course for the woman who is slowly coming to as she realizes that the beautiful song has stopped playing. She remains there, though, in the hopes that it will return, only gradually starting to think about her situation. Her archer companion across the river, eyes wide, cries out quietly, "L-Laura?". The man, who is sitting leaning against a tree, calls out, "What's going on? What just happened?" You can see past the edge of the trunk that he is clutching an axe. The person who was behind the far tree takes off into the rainforest.

A bleeding pixie (not that anyone could see her) flits through the forest, trying to find the source of a reverberating song.

The Awakened baboon does as well, though not before hearing a string of curses burst out of the spikes behind him. The dwarf didn't anticipate the spell being used to affect the trees as well. And now he's slower than you until he he finds someone to bind his feet. And in the humid jungle, too, not known for its hospitability to open wounds... He might get an infection, however unlikely given his supernatural speed and endurance.

Calamvir, meanwhile, launches his magic at the Orc and forgets about it, flying upwards, throwing the last dried-up bits of goo off into the jungle. Though he hears shouts from the clearing below, he ignores them, moving off to try to find the source of the siren call. Almost immediately, he sees the subtle path in the canopy that the creek leaves. He flies off that way.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan continues through the trees, satisfied that the worst of her injuries were mended. No longer slowed by healing, she bursts above the canopy, rocketing far faster than before.

Spoiler
    Show
    ascending above the canopy,then running at quadruple speed towards the sound. If she sees anything interesting, she will go that way.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth's tentacles rise in between Tak and... Laura, yes, that is the name, it wouldn't do to let the xenomorph keep killing his prizes. Not at all.

His serpentine torso bends to lower him to face level with the woman, a second set of eyes focused on the other archer across the river.

"Now, now, husssh, there isss no need to be afraid. I do not wisssh to harm you, nor will I let this angry, angry girl hurt you either. It appearsss that you and your companionsss organized quite a few groupsss to hunt ssseveral poor folksss who were passssing. Could yo be asss tender asss to tell me why?"

He's smooth, that is for sure, and even without the hypnotic song, something remains in the air, a suave perfume that makes the head a bit lighter, surely he is friendly, and handsome, inhumanly so.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, 20 charisma counts as inhuman beauty. Even if it is magic.

Bluff check, if possible against the archer as well, and the others. But he is clearly talking to the women only. Any men present will certainly notice that he has been shooting them to kill, but not really shooting the ladies to kill.

Bluf check! (1d20+17)[19]

Sy'Aldreth's fragrance imposes a -2 penalty on a whole lot of checks, more importantly here, they impose a penalty on wisdom based checks, which include Sense Motive. The effect extends to a radius of 60 feet.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Tree-shaker looks back in the dwarf's direction and grins with his teeth bared. He stays where he is for a few moments, and then decides that he can come back to deal with the injured dwarf later if he needs to.

Staying out of sight and in the trees, he heads on towards the weird sound he heard earlier.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hide(1d20+5)[25]

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir begins flapping his wings with greater fervor, the echo of the strange song alluring him as he moved as fast as he could over the creek, not really caring if anyone sees him.
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

11. - Top - End - #41
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Calamvir's massive wingbeats let him down and into the dusky light in the middle of the rainforest. By following the glint of the stream a very short distance, he comes to a strange scene, laid out before him. Dead bodies, a massive plant-insect, something else insectoid, a goblin (is it, blue?) and more of those repugnant mortals who dared attack him. Or at least, he thinks they're the same, since they have the same masks.

Gwylan finds the place, too. Only she is above the canopy, ducking down and suddenly viewing the scene below.

Tree-shaker moves more slowly than the others, perhaps only because he attempts secrecy, fearing more men with fists like lightning in the trees around him. He can tell he is close though, by the voices he hears through the ferns, and a strange scent in the air.

Aldreth is of course, the only one present who speaks. Shortly after his query of the girl, she stammers, "Well, sir. I'm glad you don't want to hurt us" Her face clouds over, as she thinks of the three comrades lying dead beside her, but she isn't quite perturbed enough to say anything about it. "It's the dragon", she says suddenly, in answer to the actual question, "there's a dragon that lives in these swamps, and we heard of her power and greed" The fragrance is having the intended effect, she is letting out more than her tongue realizes. Across the stream, the archer-girl kneels against the tree, mouth open in shock. The scent dulls her wits, too, and she stays silent when she really should be quieting her friend. The injured man, however, calls out: "Laura you don't tell that sonofabitch the date, you hear me? Laura!"

Both Laura and the man go dead-silent as a massive black dragon lands in the stream not too far away. Laura looks over in a haze, and she gives a shout and tries to get up and run. The man is spurred to get up and look around, despite his injury. As he does so, wincing and leaning into the spike through his stomach, you notice that he has kept on his mask, though most of the others discarded theirs. What importance this has, if any, you do not know. What you do know is that, leaning on a tree for support, he brandishes his axe Calamvir-ward, and starts to go pale. The archer stays where she is, nocking an arrow silently.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

12. - Top - End - #42

Kobold

Tak drew back from the corpse, a sliver of flesh still hanging from her jaws. She hissed softly at the goblin, but heeded his words and didn't immediately charge the other female nearby. She psychically projected a sense of amusement when the singing creature said he wouldn't let her hurt the last female, the one called 'Laura'. If she wanted to kill the humanoid, it would die, and that was that. Knowing the two she was with would seek information first, she decided to finish off the man who was sitting against a tree. Just for her own amusement, she started flickering images to all present, of her ripping the man into pieces and eating them while he screamed. Then she showed a picture of her doing the same to the woman with a few words hanging above her head saying 'Talk or Else' in common.

Spoiler
    Show
    Moving to the man sitting on the ground. Staying 5 feet out of his reach.

Intimidate to both man and woman.
    (1d20+10)[20]

EDIT: since I missed Connor tossing i nsome rp, I'll address it in my edit.

Tak was startled when the dragon landed, and hissed it's way when she processed the girl Laura's explaination about the dragon her party was hunting. She projected a scene of the party hunting after her and sent a sensation of curiosity, then a threatening felling. Obviously, she's asking why they were after her.
    Last edited by Dayaz; 2012-11-28 at 07:21 PM.
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir begins to strut forward, the unusual sight peaking his interest. He croons his head, sliding it left and right as he looks at the humans "Dragon? What Dragon? I can assure you I'm as masculine as they come...." He continues his strut, gracefully moving through the creak like a snake through grass. Raising an eyebrow he smirks "And what, pray tell, do you intend on doing with that tooth pick of yours?" he questions the human as he brandishes the axe.

I mean really, one puff of acid and poof, dead.
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Tree-shaker comes closer, staying out of sight. If possible, he'll work his way along in the trees and end up above or near the axe-wielder.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan sighs. They've organized quite the little raid, it seems. Still, they're not exactly well-prepared. If they're going after the dragon, though... Then they won't be preparing for her!

Gwylan dives down to within range of the archer, and lets loose a blast of eldritch energy, before darting past, and behind a tree!

Spoiler
    Show
    Eldritch blast ranged touch attack: (1d20+12)[16]
    If the target can't see me, she's flat footed.

Blast modified with Frightful Blast. If struck, the target must make a DC 19 Will save or be Shaken for 10 rounds.

In addition, damage: (3d6)[13]

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

"How excessssively viciousss... Ssshould I sssing you another lulaby, dear? I have heard from othersss that it doesss calm the nervesss."

And then, dragon.

"Yesss, yesss. Certainly sssmellsss male to me. Not all that large to warrant as many hunters as there appears to be... Yesss... Not a century old, I would guessss..."

"The firssst group I met alssso ssseemed oddly prepared for a few of my abilitiesss, not the most relevant onesss, of courssse. But ssstill, I am quite positive I ssshare little with dragonsss."

But the man does not escape Aldreth's ears, and he picks his curiosity indeed.

"And what isss it about a date? What isss important about today, my dear?"

Aldreth gestures to the archer, inviting her closer. Given Tak's obvious bloodthirst, being near him is probably a safer bet than being out in the open.

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff checks if it is still needed.

Spill the beans to the friendly defiler vine Laura. (1d20+17)[35]
    Accept the invitation of the handsome giant tentacle monster miss archer. (1d20+17)[27]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

17. - Top - End - #47
    Troll in the Playground

"When you are all done being nice and want real answers from these people, let me know."

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uncouth and crude. How unexpected."

It is almost a breath weapon, of the most caustic and contemptuous sarcasm possible.
    Last edited by Draken; 2012-11-28 at 10:01 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

19. - Top - End - #49

Kobold

Tak bristles, her own hate adding to her Queen's. She turns back towards Sy'Aldreth, but not letting the axe wielder completely out of her sight, and screeches at him, all but foaming at the mouth at the thought of the impudent creature trying to control her, to take her away from the Queen.

But a new feeling settled in her psyche. Her Queen had decided she was... interested in this dragon they spoke of, and was equally as interested in the new one that had appeared, and the plant creature as well. Perhaps these three could become hosts, Tak figured, and knew her Queen wouldn't quite tolerate her just murdering everyone before the Queen had decided. In that mind, she was being told to not kill the human male either, until he had either told them everything or he attacked her in turn.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Laura takes off, heedless of Aldreth's words. She splashes off, into the stream, getting about a distance of 60 feet in the shallow water. The archer stands up, an arrow of sparkling energy twinkling in her bow pointed straight at Calamvir, when she is caught full in the chest by a blast of energy, seemingly out of nowhere at all. Her special arrow tumbles into the stream, it's twinkle guttering underneath the muddy water. The fragrant insect beckons to her, and at that, it is too much. She screams, and tugs three more arrows from their sheath. These arrows, though also enchanted, fly crooked as she aims at Aldreth through panicked eyes.

Spoiler
    Show

Rapid Shot:
    (1d20+7)[9]
    (1d20+7)[11]
    (1d20+7)[23]

None hit, and at this she ran, directly away from the situation, and away from the stream.

The man with the axe, meanwhile, the only one still wearing his mask, slowly takes in the situation. His warrior's intuition tells him the truth: He has no remaining allies. As he steps backwards, he also realizes that there is a dragon in front of him, and...something that just broadcast into his mind. He backed up further, until something touched the small of his back. He whirled around, as fast as he could with his wound, and came stomach-to-face with a startlingly intelligent-looking baboon. He dropped the axe. He was done fighting.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-11-28 at 10:31 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Kobold

Tak was about to kill the human male, when she noticed the girl 'Laura' start to run away. Her instinct to hunt over powered her for a moment, and the next thing she knew, she was off, chasing Laura down the stream, and cutting her off.

Spoiler
    Show
    Tak is going to move her full round and get in front of Laura, baseing with her so if the girl tries to run a different direction she can grab her in a grapple.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Titan in the Playground

The baboon grins and shoulders his club. "Good choice, yes? You hunt dragon." He points at the black dragon, then at himself. "Do I look like dragon?" He points across the stream at the goblin and the other...creature. "Do they look like dragon?"

"You're adult, right? Not stupid in head?"
    Stretching an arm up, he taps the formerly axe-wielding man in the forehead. "Your fast dwarf not stupid, or slow, right? So... not dragon hunting. No lies."

Spoiler
    Show

My Sense Motive modifier is +8, if that's needed. No point in me rolling it - if I roll a 1 I'd know not to believe anything.

Seeing the girl run, Tree-shaker drops a lightning bolt on the creek bank in front of her.
    Spoiler
    Show
    5 lightning bolts left. Targeted to be as "in front of" her as possible without being in the creek.
    Last edited by J-H; 2012-11-28 at 11:17 PM.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Attempting to flee, Aldreth could be heartbroken at that.

But probably not. As Laura tries to run away, heavy vines lash out on her path, even as Aldreth brings a massive morningstar to bear at her path, she is more likely to colide with the vines than the other way around, so little damage done on that front.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aldreth would get... four attacks of opportunity while she tries to flee. However, I find it very unlikely that he will use more than one or two, since he will be using the stand still feat.

This means that each successful attack, instead of doing damage, forces a reflex save at DC 10 + damaged rolled.

The first two attacks of opportunity are made with Aldreth's masterwork morningstar, the last two are made with his tentacles. If any attack succeeds and she fails her saves, the subsequent attacks do not happen.

Attack 1: (1d20+13)[26]
    DC (10 + Damage rolled): (2d6+21)[28]

Attack 2: (1d20+13)[16]
    DC (10 + Damage rolled): (2d6+21)[25]

Attack 3: (1d20+12)[26]
    DC (10 + Damage rolled): (1d4+6)[10]

Attack 4: (1d20+12)[23]
    DC (10 + Damage rolled): (1d4+6)[10]

I repeat. No actual damage is done.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan hears the footsteps of the terrified archer, and gives chase, summoning eldritch energies to aid her cause. She idly ponders how similar to tag this was... She giggles, catching up to the archer, and her words come out of thin air...

"Run, run, foreign one, we're right behind you...."

Then another blast fires into her.

Spoiler
    Show
    Fly to catch up to the archer, and Blast again.

Ranged touch Attack: (1d20+12)[25]
    Damage: (3d6)[4]
    If threat: (1d20+12)[17]
    If Crit: (3d6)[11] additional damage

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Blue gives chase, lightning sparking in his hand.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Watching the girl run Calamvir grins "Well, can't have that now can we?" He begins to chortle as his head draws back and a massive surge of acid and mist flies forward from his mouth, his Thuum aimed at Laura (But a bit to the left, he doesn't know who the black bug thing is and he definetely doesn't want to hit it and get it mad at the dragon), as he releases his full glory.

Spoiler
    Show
    Acid Breathe, aiming it to the left so that it doesn't hit Tak
    Damage:(7d6)[19]
    DC 18 Reflex Save for half
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

27. - Top - End - #57
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Laura is stopped immediately, by 6 arms gently barring her way with the less-than-lethal end of a mace. She keeps freaking out, but is told to calm down, calm down, by the one who holds her.

Meanwhile, the whole rest of the party takes off after the archer girl. The baboon calls lightning from the sky, that forks between trees to strike at the archer's feet, making her stumble. Gwylan zips forward and tries to hit her with an Eldritch Blast, but only barely hits her. At this final push though, she falls over. Eyes wide with fear, she scoots around to look at Tak, who lopes around her and hisses wildly. And then, with the clawing of earth and dirt, Calamvir rushes around a tree and comes full into view. Blue the goblin strides up afterward, reaching the edge of the little circle of trees they were in. His fingers crackled, a final threat to add onto the pile. The now-slightly-smoking girl, it would seem, is not going anywhere.

Meanwhile, Tree-shaker, who had not even looked back while firing his lightning bolt, points his finger at the man. A threat. The man just stammers "Look, we knew there was a dragon in here, but not two! And we certainly didn't know anything about a... a Druid such as yourself. We were on a dragon-hunt. That's what we do. We hunt dragons".

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan looks at the smoking body, frowning.

"Oh, bother! You all spoiled my fun."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir hissed, his teeth gnawing against each other as he heard "Dragon Hunters" Flapping his wings he lifts himself up, his chest inflating as he slowly works his way over to the man. This was going to be upclose and personal. He lowered himself, his chest now puffed up to it's max as he lowered his head and stared the man dead in the eye "Dragon Hunters eh? So... You've done this before? Killed a mighty lot of dragons I guess eh? Tell me. Have you ever felt a Dragon's Thuum at it's base? Felt the air fly through you at point blank as it's pure ancient self unleashes itself to bend the rules of reality? As a Dragon Hunter I'd guess you have, so perhaps this won't hurt as much as it probably will." He takes one last breathe in, his mouth is practically spilling with the acidic froth that consists of his Breathe Attack. He lets little pieces of it flow down onto the mans legs, and even makes a little puff of it float straight to his nostrils.

Spoiler
    Show
    Intimidate:(1d20+13)[32]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

30. - Top - End - #60

Kobold

Tak leaned in close to the fallen girl, and sniffed at her hair. She was sure the girl was inconsequential, so no one would mind her killing her, but maybe there was sport to be had of it. Yes, she could make the girl trust her and then kill her, more the fun of it. Maybe the girl could even be her way into some villages... The Hive always needed more soldiers, after all.

To facilitate some trust, Tak made a noise that was something of a mix of a hiss and a coo, and projected a sense of comfort and security to the girl, while simultaneously sending images of Tak protecting her from the nearby creatures to everyone. The message she was trying to send to the girl was that Tak would defend her from everyone, while she was fairly sure the others would recognize the stance more as a 'Mine' declaration.

Spoiler
    Show
    Rolling a Bluff to get the Archer girl to feel safer with Tak than she should be. Trust the bloodthirsty Xenomorph, girlie, I dare you.

(1d20+7)[21]