New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: !Monsters and Mayhem in Laterr [3.5] IC

Aldreth closeshis two frontmost eyes in a thoughtful expression at Gwylan's outburst.

"But hasssn't fair lady Madeline..."

It should be noted that at some point, likely when it became more or less clear that this woman was not the target, Aldreth slipped around the glade to loom awfully close and behind the nymph. And oh lord arms everywhere.

He is surprisingly silent for his size.

"... Already told usss sssome of the crimesss of thisss dragonessss? And I do ssstill sssee no issue with sssome dragon ssstalking if our very own dragon agreessss to it."

"Besidesss. We were never in any real danger from them, ssso I am hard-pressssed to hold on to a grudge like you do."

Well.

He was never in any real danger.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"Well then, you shouldn't object to me killing them, then. And I doubt 'Lady Madeline' has any real firsthand knowledge. We won't be hunting anything just because it's there. Anyone who disagrees with that, tell me now. Because I am serious. If anyone starts 'dragon hunting' before determining that she has harmed the forest - and no, cupcake, I don't care if she's destroyed every human town from here to the northern reaches - then you will answer to me.
    All of this has happened before...
    and all of this will happen again.

Moving. Internet access is a bit spotty.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ah... But I do object. You sssee... Sssome of usss have usssesss for living humansss, yesss... Even if you don't."

Humans, elves, dwarves, nymphs, driads, naiads, sirens, harpies...

He's not interested in Gwylan at all, however, she is just so tiny. The seed is probably the size of her head.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

"But I DO have a use for them. They can be examples! Examples of why smart humans never ever ever go into the forest. But they can't be examples if they leave it, all happy and fine. I bet you could use any old smelly human. But I...can only use these ones. I HAVE to use these ones. When other humans hear of what happened to these two... They will not go into the forest alone ever again. Then you can find all the uses for the humans that you want. I will be all done!"

Gwylan's voice is soft and distant, like a distracted little girl with a SECRET.
    Last edited by candycorn; 2012-12-04 at 10:45 PM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Your conversation is rudely interrupted by a bellowing that seems to resonate all around you, through you, between the trees and in the air, reverberating until your heads are full of it. It, to most, is a mere garble of vowels. To those who speak Draconic, it is something more.

@Draconicspeakers:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You catch something that sounds like "Daanik-Dovah" or "Doomed Dragon", but you can't be sure. It is spoken with the inflection of a name, but the specific "doom" in this case refers to mortals, who always die. It would be an odd case to have it refer to any dragon, who only dies when violence or illness strikes.

The Nymph leaps up as if struck by a pin. She lets out a groan, and looks hurriedly between you and the space of trees behind her. She eventually seems to make a decision, and leaps into the woods, after blurting out a rather hurried "Bye!" behind her.

The humans have their weapons up against the dreadful shout, but seem unprepared for this event. They stand, looking wildly all around them, as if waiting for the dragon to blast out of the dark green shadows around the clearing.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan promptly flies well to the side of the group, trying to stay well clear of them, believing the dragon's wrath is about to be brought down upon the group. She has no illusions of hiding from a creature so experienced, but she takes cover behind a tree, as best she can, while she watches to see what happens next.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nobody ever said Gwylan was fearless, lol.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Tak snarled, looking around blindly before shooting out the images of the humans following her to behind several trees. Her message sent, Tak booked it to hide in the forest, so she could ambush the dragon in peace.

Spoiler
    Show

Hide Check
    (1d20+12)[22]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

"What did it say? Didn't sound good.

Just in case..."

Tree-shaker mutters to himself, white energy briefly surrounding everyone in range.

Spoiler
    Show

Mass Resist Elements on everyone I can reach. It covers about a 30' diameter circle, so it should hit the party other than maybe Gwylan and possibly Aldreth. Some of the humans may be affected, although party members are the priority. Affects 1 creature for level (Tree-Shaker and 6 more), giving them cold resistance 20 for 70 minutes.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth just makes a sour face at Gwylan's comments before the dragon roars.

"Better find a good ssspot to ssshelter up."

He slithers off to a side of the main group, driving his tentacles on the ground around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Aldreth takes root. He also plants a seed of Budding Creation, which will grow into some cover for him to use. Well, in one minute it will grow into cover for him to use.

If there are more actions avaiable, he will plant more seeds to fill the area with partitions to make breath weapons less effective.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

10. - Top - End - #130
    Troll in the Playground

Blue moves away from the others, waiting for this dragon to make it's intentions known.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir will stand his ground, his pose unwavering as he gritted his teeth and clawed at the earth beneath him. Snorting out a trail of venomous gas he begins chanting an old rhyme he heard passed down by warriors who made their last stands against uncertain odds. Tiamat only knows what awaits the young Black Dragon when he faces Agdov.

In Draconic:
    Spoiler
    Show

Well I won't back down, no I won't back down
    You could stand me up at the gates of hell
    But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
    And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
    Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Well I know what's right, I got just one life
    In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
    But I'll stand my ground and I won't back down
    “I’m a Terrorist not an idiot.” - Me
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

12. - Top - End - #132
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

One minute goes by.

Then two.

Then three.

The silence of the rainforest is complete after every tiny noise you were accustomed to hearing stops, replaced by the barely audible rustle of leaves and a trickle of water.

Far ahead of the clearing, you see a shape rising into the air, until it is far, far above you. It circles once, twice. You cannot make out its shape or size.

Suddenly the nymph blasts back into the forest, screaming "Fly, fly! Get out of here! She's going to dive!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Soooo, everybody aware of each other? No surprise rounds? Good. Initiative rolls and action-posts commencing. The "Battle" begins.
    "Pause you who read this, and think for a moment of the long chain of iron or gold, of thorns or flowers, that would never have bound you, but for the formation of the first link on one memorable day" --Charles Dickens

13. - Top - End - #133
    Troll in the Playground

Initiative!
    (1d20+3)[15]

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Initiative:(1d20)[7]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+9)[10]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

Tree-shaker moves across the clearing, using both his long arms and his legs to cover ground quickly. He takes cover in the trees opposite most of the party.

Spoiler
    Show
    Getting at least 60' away from the rest of the group, then 10' up into the trees.
    How large is the clearing?

Initiative(1d20+8)[20]
    If the dragon doesn't come down by the time Tree-shaker is finished moving, he's going to cast Barkskin on himself for an additional 2 points of Natural AC.

Did the entire party get affected by the 20 cold resistance?

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Init: (1d20+8)[22]

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

ENTER DRAGON, EXIT MORTALS

Stats
    Spoiler
    Show

First encounter commencing, titled as above. I'll expect everyone to post their actions, at which point I'll dictate the next round, up to Fo-Hok's actions, at which point the cycle will continue until the battle is over.

Super double-spoilered pro-tip:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Awright, this is set up like a battle, and the humans are definitely gonna want to do some battling, especially in light of the fact that Fo-Hok is prepared for some battling. so, it looks like a battle, sounds like a battle, tastes like a battle, etc... That said, I'm not closing off any routes of diplomacy. It's up to you guys how you handle that set of affairs, should you choose to pursue it.

Initiatives:
    Gwylan|22
    Tree-Shaker|20
    Tak|18
    Fo-Hok|17
    Blue|15
    Aldreth|10
    "Humans"|9
    ???|8
    Calamvir|7
    Madeline|2

Gwylan goes first, but has no stated actions (yet) except to hide in the treeline, so she does so. So does Tak. Tree-Shaker also moves to the treeline, casting Barkskin on himself. Everyone else is already "in" the treeline, but have not yet acted, and so are considered flat-footed for Fo-Hok's first turn (not that it matters)

In case it does, in fact, matter, the PARTY is on the WEST side of the CLEARING, with the exception of TREE-SHAKER, who is on the EAST side of the clearing, near MADELINE, and ALDRETH, who is nearer the NORTH side of the CLEARING, making him NORTH-EAST. The DRAGON is on the WEST side of the CENTER of the CLEARING, but not so close she doesn't have 60 FEET of distance from the TREELINE. The HUMANS are EAST of the CENTER of the CLEARING, a mere 30 FEET from the DRAGON, with CALAMVIR beside them.

^ Done like a text-venture, because I realized halfway through this very much sounded like one. Just don't try to Get "Ye Flask" okay?

As the party resolutely doesn't even acknowledge the Nymph's pleading, the dragon drops into a sharp dive. Someone with a good enough knowledge of dragons would point out that it couldn't be a silver, because it dove far too clumsily. It would seem that you have been misinformed. But not badly, as it comes closer and you see that instead of shimmering argent covering its hide, it has the brightest snow-white. Same thing, really, except usually for the intelligence-factor.

But down it comes, flaring its wings to parachute but shaking the ground when it lands all the same. Its eyes flicker around the clearing, as ice falls off it in flakes, and chill winds reach to those in the cover of jungle. It is large, very large, as its head wheels around to look all over the clearing.

"My, my, and what is this? A troupe of fools! A band of hopeless mortals (with one negligible exception), come to steal my wealth away, eh? Oh, and my little princess too. Well, if you heard of the rivers of gold in my stores and expected a piteous worm guarding it, you are sadly unprepared. Or maybe you believe you're being noble, killing the nasty dragon to leave the forest in "peace". I care not. If you mean to fight me, then prepare yourselves to face the wrath of Fo-Hok! (Ice-hound to you simplistic mortals)"
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-12-08 at 04:09 AM.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan tenses... Nobody had thrown an attack yet. The humans obviously didn't know their dragons... Big surprise. It's got wings and it's big, must be a dragon! Who cares what type, or what the dragon's reasons are? If they can't even get its description right, how could they be sure this is the same one that bothered them?

Gwylan steels herself, ready to keep her word.

Spoiler
    Show
    Move up to 60 feet, to within range of as many of the 'combatants' as possible. She then readies an action to eldritch blast (frightful blast) the first creature to attack.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Tak's mouth began to water at the sight of the large dragon that landed in front of the group she was spending time with. Closing her mind off from both the Hive, and from the group so as to not be felt, she carefully maneuvered around the trees, and began to sneak up on the dragon, ready to attack it with all the fury she possessed.

Spoiler
    Show

Tak is going to take a full round to sneak up from behind the Dragon, moving around the treeline as she needs to. She can move her full speed while using Move Silently, so she has a total round average of 80ft.

Move Silently
    (1d20+13)[28]
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhyvurg View Post
    That's what they all say, then when you go to sleep, bam! Face full of alien wang.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ettin in the Playground

Aldreth mumbles about the slow growth of the plants and decides to wait. Calamvir wants to have a word with the dragoness, so he should certainly be allowed to. What kind of man goes and blocks the prospects of a friend in such a fashion, after all?

He is more than ready to shoot Fo-Hok full of caustic spines if Calamvir manages to blunder it enough for her to turn hostile, of course.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir lowered his head, a sign of respect and subservience among dragons (Which was rarely used considering the nature of dragons), before moving into a bow with his left arm. He whispered something under his breathe, his Thuum elegant and graceful, flowing through him and granting him the Splendor of an Eagle. Tilting his head up Calamvir begins "Fo-Hok, Me and the mortals here mean you no harm. We seek peace and cooperation with a fellow draconic being of such great and powerful magnitude. We do not wish to quarrel, for doing so would be sealing our own fates in, and instead we wish to aid you in the eternal quest all dragons work towards (Of which I myself am still handling). And that is the proper lair for a being of such grace and strength. These forests are disgusting, infested with natives and beasts unworthy of a dragon's attention. Why should you risk yourself by being so close to powerful humans who would wish to inconvenience you (For any attempt to slay ones such as us would be futile) when you could live on a mountain where the cold winds would freeze them to the bone and the arctic landscape may aid you and detriment those who would stand against you. Why mingle yourself with lesser tribes and hunters when you could take nobility? Seize the gold of kingdoms, plague the roads of merchants, and rule the skies like a majestic light in the sky. There are many a kingdom that live near mountains, many a race of creatures that could easily serve a great and beautiful being such as yourself (Troglodytes, in my experience, make wonderful guards and listeners), and many mountains have wide cavern systems to store your treasures and act as a sanctum away from the tires of the world. Why limit yourself to a dirty forest and do all this work to convert it, when you could rule a majestic stone monolith that dominates the sky line, forcing all who pass by to look upon it's size and grandeur becore recognizing it as the lair of "The Great Dragon Fo-hok!"" Calamvir continues on for a bit, this time in Draconic to further compliment her and stroke her ego.

Spoiler
    Show
    Casting Eagles Splendor and then performing a diplomacy check. If I can't do both then just the diplomacy check (And -2 from the result)
    Diplomacy:(1d20+5)[12]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, that was.

Hmm...

Aldreth decides that he will be doing the talking from now onto forever.

"You mussst pardon my this ssstrapping young wyrm, my lady, for he isss sssurely too sssmitten to do anything but blunder hisss wordsss and knot hisss own tongue."

His larger lateral eyes give Fo-Hok a rather odd glance.

"But them again, who'sss to sssay that tongue couldn't have finer usssesss for you?"

Oh god he didn't.

"Ssstill, flowersss and honey assside. He jussst raisssesss a good point, doesss he not? It mussst sssurely be tiresssome to wassste your breath day in and day out on nothing more than keeping thisss place amenable to your climatic preferencesss. Yesss, yesss..."

He may be mimicking Calamvir's gesture in lowering his head, or perhaps Aldreth is merely bent forward as usual to better face the dragoness, he is quite tall after all, but helpfully enough, it should give the proper impressions of inexistant deference.

"But of courssse. It isss all your choice. What could a ragtag bunch sssuch as we few and thessse wounded mortalsss be able to do againssst a wyrm sssuch asss yourssself, anyway?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Bluff, bluff, bluff, like you mean it.

[roll1d20+17[/roll]
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

On the far side of the clearing, Tree-shaker silently brings his palm up to his face and shakes his head.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Though the humans brandish their weapons and growl, they seem amenable to start off with talking.

Clearly though, the Drake just isn't really listening. She shushes Aldreth and Calamvir both, before simply saying, "If you believe I am uncomfortable here, you just haven't gotten far enough. Care to take a peek behind that little copse of trees ahead? I won't take a shot, you know, no question." She throws her belly on the ground, sweeping her tail around to flatten the grass behind her. This appears to be a gesture of peace-ish? She is still clearly prepared for a fight, just lower on the ground.

The nymph comes up from behind her and shouts, "Fo-Hok!". What follows is most of a conversation in Draconic, after which initiative will be placed at 16, actions running until Fo-Hok's next turn.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Yyyeeeeessssss, 'Madeline'?"

"Oh come on, you know me. Just tell me why any of this needs to happen. They seem nice! Kind of..."

"Well then, Daanik, you know as well as I do. They just said they wanted to kill me, did they not? The two morons didn't convince me with their bumbling, they clearly mean to kill us all. You told me that with your own throat."

"Hey, they aren't morons, and honestly, you shouldn't even be living here! I shouldn't be living here. We should just move south and leave. You can carry your entire hoard on your back, so why not?"

"Because, that is NOT what Dragons DO! We defend our hold until there is no question of security, and no one left to keep the siege! We stand where we will, and not one step backwards! Not that you'd truly understand, Doomed-corpse. We also get their treasure as well, and they carry delicious amounts of it."

After the conversation, Madeline has her mouth dropped open, and Fo-Hok turns and winks towards Calamvir, the only one she knows speaks Draconic.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Gwylan finds she can remain silent no longer, as a new idea has sprung to her mind... She calls out, from about 40 feet to the side of the humans, and somewhat up in the air, "Mighty Fo-Hok, pardon these well-meaning fools. They fear your might, and do not wish to incur your wrath. If you would but indulge me for a moment, I wish to tell you of these filthy humans. They entered this forest, leaving their families behind, to seek your head! They cannot fathom your majesty, and so they seek to destroy what they do not understand, as is typical for their wretched kind!

I beseech you, show them their folly! If their town has no fear of the dragons, that it would harbor these imbeciles, then fly forth, swift as the wind, and show them why they should FEAR dragons, not hunt them. Show the fools here that while they struggle blindly through the forest, you can destroy everything they hold dear, and take all the baubles they have stolen from the earth! Show them that they are not even worthy to LOOK upon you! Leave these fools like the insects they are, so that I may deal with them myself, but let them know before I do, that everything that they ever loved will perish with them!
    "

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy:(1d20+7)[16]

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

"Enough talk!" Completely losing his patience, and seeing the value of getting these damn humans to leave him alone, Blue throws a ray of searing energy at the dragon. "You will leave these woods dragon, or I will make you!"

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ettin in the Playground

Calamvir listens in on the conversation, his heart saddening as he hears what the dragon has to say, and he promptly looks a bit surprised at the wink offered to him. Stumbling over his words the slight gesture from the white dragon threw him off.

But then the goblin sends a searing ray and suddenly he has his Voice again.

Barring his teeth Calamvir stomps a claw down, tearing out a piece of dirt as he chucks it backwards with the sheer force of his scraping. He opens his mouth, his jagged yellow teeth reeking of infestation, swamps, and decay of life as he let out a gutteral roar. It was a primal thing, one could tell it came from the very base of his essence, like his Thuum being released unto the world in an angry manner. He points his head at the goblin, his mouth still roaring as bits of flem, mucus, bile, excess acid build up, and loose pieces of old kills stuck in his teeth fly forward with great force. Turning his head he makes a 360, roarif at every single person in the vicinity before finally stopping to face the goblin. Reeling his head upward the gutteral roar turns out to be the "E" in "ENOUGH!" He slams his claw down again in a fit of rage, pointing it accusingly at the goblin "HOLD YOUR CLAW GOBLIN WRETCH UNLESS IT IS DEEMED THAT YOU ARE FIT TO ACT. YOUR KIND MANAGES SUCH COWARDICE AND YET YOU FEEL IN SUCH A RUSH TO ASSAULT THAT WHICH HOLDS POWER OVER YOU AND WISH FOR DEATH." His maw forms a sneer as he turns to the humans "And you! Put those damn weapons away! You could barely manage a single dragon of lesser stature I highly doubt your crude weapons and lesser numbers will assist you in annoying the dragon for long!" He snorts at them as he shakes his neck and turns towards Gwylan "And you, protect your forest all you want. It's an heroic goal you have, and I respect that. BUT I SWEAR TO TIAMAT IF YOU TRY AND USE ONE OF MY KIN AS SOME CRUDE TOOL OF REVENGE AND STRIKE OUTSIDE OF YOUR BOUNDARIES THEN I WILL STRIKE YOU DOWN WHERE YOU STAND!" Tree shaker, Tak, and Aldreth seem to get a pass in the form of a mean stare as they haven't done anything to annoy Calamvir yet........

Still, Calamvir seems pretty fed up with this ****, and is trying his damn hardest to keep this barely held together peace meeting going with as much intimidation and brute force a Black Dragon can muster.

Turning towards Fo-hok he strides forward, looking over her body to see how severe the ray was before saying "I apologize for IT'S CRUDE BEHAVIOR(He glances back at Blue), and wish to cut out the middleman here. I know what you want to do. You know what you want to do. And i'm here to tell you I cannot stand idly by as intelligent beings are unjustly destroyed. I can help you, I can teach you what I know, help you triumph over your instincts, and let yourself truly be of free mind and will.... You just have to give me a chance." He extends a claw to her, palm facing up to the sky, and his face softens (Well, softens as much as scales can) considerabley from their angry and brittle shape they were in when he was chewing out the strangers around him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Calamvir is going to try and intimidate everyone around him in order to get people to calm the F- done.

Intimidate:(1d20+15)[21]
    ░▄▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▀▄░░░░░░░░░
    ░█░░░░░░░░▀▄░░░░░░▄░
    █░░▀░░▀░░░░░▀▄▄░░█░█
    █░▄░█▀░▄░░░░░░░▀▀░░█
    █░░▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    █░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░█░░▄▄░░▄▄▄▄░░▄▄░░█░
    ░█░▄▀█░▄▀░░█░▄▀█░▄▀░
    ░░▀░░░▀░░░░░▀░░░▀░░░

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Technically, intimidate doesn't do that, he can try to demoralize someone, probably Blue or Gwylan.

Aldreth can't exactly be thrilled by the turn of events.

Rising to his full heigh, he coughs twice, before starting to sing his hauntingly hypnotic melody once again.

The fools can't kill each other if they can't do anything other than listen to the song, after all.

Spoiler
    Show
    Everyone who has not succeeded on a will save vs Captivating song before (which means everyone but two of the dm's npcs, pretty much) and is within 100 feet of Aldreth, Will save DC 18.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #150
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

As the dragon lowers itself, Blue vaults over the root he was behind and launches a torrent of fire from his fist, focusing so intently that each molecule between him and the dragon ignites spontaneously. The wave of conflagration blazes against the dragon, searing scales and flesh. Blue keeps it up, trying to force the dragon back, but it seems to be too big.

Aldreth tries to stop things from getting worse by unleashing his song upon the forest once more.

Fenny and Jack ignore the sound, tempting as it might be. Instead, they focus on taking the goblin's actions as attacks. Jack runs straight towards the monster, dipping under a reaching white claw to land a blow on the shoulder of Fo-Hok, as Fenny puts two arrows in its chest. Both warriors begin calling to each other as they see actions taken by the Dragon, culminating in Fenny asking Laura for a dexterity buff.

But Laura isn't there. Once again, she is drifting towards Aldreth, entranced in the trill of dreams.

@Gwylan:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You rise above the trees, trying to shoot Blue and call this to a stop, when you are plucked from the air by a massive hand. Or, relatively massive. A beefy Satyr has you in his hands, trying desperately to keep you unharmed and not let you go at the same time. He takes one look towards the clearing and bounds off into the forest, reaching high speeds. Though you grip and bite and struggle, you cannot get free (this round).

Also, Satyrs in this world look like (and take some abilities from) this guy.

Calamvir roars, and tries to staunch the fighting, and speak to the White dragon. But though he attempts valiantly, little attention is paid in the chaos. Instead, he feels... kind of dreamy. He snaps his head at the eerie note being produced by Aldreth, but sees that his conversational skill are apparently of no use in this situation. Madeline is similarly frustrated in her efforts to get Fo-Hok to calm down, though the distress goes right out of her face when the song rolls over her. She blinks a few times, before looking around for the source of the music. Like Laura, she moves towards Aldreth as if in a dream.

Fo-Hok responds in kind to every assault. Blue keeps up the diminishing spell, trying with all his might to shove the dragon backwards. Until he sees the flame being obliterated by a wave of cold that gushes from the ice-dragon's maw. all of the trees and plants in its path crack and ice-over, rime forming on almost every surface. Blue tries to jump back behind his root, but he doesn't have time to do so <failed Reflex save> before a chill he has never felt before washes over him, searing his flesh.

Or... not. As he sees the cold destroying plants all around him, he looks at himself and finds that the ice does nothing to him <Protection from Energy, 41 points of Cold Immunity left>

But as she does so, Fo-Hok flicks her tail sideways. Jack, the novice in dragon-fighting, didn't see that one coming, and gets thrown sideways by the hit.

Spoiler
    Show
    EDIT: Tak and Tree-Shaker also need to make Will-saves against Aldreth's music, but Blue and Gwylan are out of range.
    Last edited by Conor77; 2012-12-13 at 07:15 PM.