New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

[Eastside Disturbance]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "So how rare exactly are these violent transformation?"

Jeu asks as he watches the room, poking the walls.

"Did these people apear more aggressive then before?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Less then 10 % of our clients." Tibatha explains. "As for aggression, that's the reason we are trying to check up our clients mentally both before and after the process. If there are signs of aggression however, we suggest that they should revert back. They usually don't listen to our advice however, I can't recall a single case where someone have wanted to return back to the way they were actually."
    "Is that because the transformed state is so much better, or have you studied that it might be an...artifact of the transformation itself?" Andromeda asks, politely, her eyebrow raised.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

2. - Top - End - #302
    Ogre in the Playground

[Yet Another Instance of Suncrest Manor]

"I didn't think I wanted kids, or would even be able to have them anyway. It's not like I ever thought I'd be with anyone, let alone getting married to the love of my life." Nadia smiles faintly, though she doesn't look up from her hands. "But I always liked to take care of kids. I told you how I used to babysit, right? Well... I liked that. And now that I'm pregnant, I've been thinking, and I want to keep the baby. I want to be a mother."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Not soon. Definitely after the baby's born, maybe after the wedding too. There's no reason to rush into it. We can still think about it more." The lampades touches Irena's arm.

3. - Top - End - #303
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

Jeu looks worried at Tibatha.

"Do you have these people on a list?"

Then he turns to Andromeda.

"We should take a copy, if there is a list. These people might cause trouble in the future."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #304
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrana's Room

Eadelain will wake up and slowly get up. "I feel odd. And rested. That's nice." She looks down at her hands, noting the inky veins. "Did it go well?" She thinks that the veins just never faded back to normal after she went to sleep.

5. - Top - End - #305
    Ogre in the Playground

[Astrana's Room]

"She's okay, but she still has all those weird lines over her." Cynthia tries to poke at Eadelain's arm. "They appeared when you guys were sleeping."

6. - Top - End - #306

[Eastside Disturbance]

"No, I won't." Tibatha says coldly. "I have the right to uphold the privacy of my clients. You don't have the right to demand that from me. In fact, I can tell you that, as far as I know, no one of my customers have caused any trouble as you put it."

"I don't want to be a mother. I never wanted to either." Irena protests. "Since even if you kept this baby, I wouldn't care for it. All I would see would be the result of the time you were raped." Irena sniffs, clearly starting to get quite emotional.

[Suncrest Manor]

The witch smiles back and squeezes Nadia's arm. "We'll do it your way, you're the one getting branded after all."

[Astrana's Room]

Astrana starts getting up, touching her forehead and moans softly as a headache starts kicking in. Stupid crystals.

"No, whatever entity which have been placed in your mind have spread even further now. I don't think we can really stop whatever it's doing at this point." If they even wanted to.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-23 at 03:28 AM.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrana's Room

Eadelain also reaches up and touches her head. That's annoying... "What is it doing? Did you discover that?"

8. - Top - End - #308
    Ogre in the Playground

"What are you saying? You wouldn't care for him at all just because of how he was conceived? We're supposed to be putting that behind us, not dwelling in it. I know what they did to me is horrible, but that doesn't mean everything to do with it is." Nadia tries to keep her emotions in check, be she's finding the pitch of her voice is rising on her.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia winces. "Don't remind me. Instead, while I mentioned it, how about we talk about the wedding?" She suggests.

[Astrana's Room]

Cynthia goes to plop back down in her seat. She can't help but feel like things are going over her head. "Is that a bad thing?" She asks.

9. - Top - End - #309
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

"That is a...somewhat outside of our remit question," Andromeda tells Jeu with a frown, shaking her head. "I apologise for my companion," she continues, turning back to Tibatha. "But I believe my question, at least, was reasonable?"

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

10. - Top - End - #310

[Eastside Disturbance]

Jeu looks back angry at Andromeda.

"Excuse me, but the people outside worry about things that happen here. We at least need these informations to calm them down. The privacy of the people is less important then the safty of the community."

Not sure what rights where hold in Riverside, so I can't say if it is in his rights or not.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Troll in the Playground

Westside

Evangeline crept into the city, clutching her pendant. She didn't remember how she'd gotten down from the mountain, or what had happened after the pegasus attacked her. She didn't even know where Magtok was, or what he had done in the fight against Zeus. He had told her not to die, but she had. What if that had screwed up his plan?

She chose Westside, because she remembered his orders before the fight, to be a knife in the dark. She wondered sometimes if Olympus had been a dream, and he hadn't come for her yet, but she didn't think it was likely. Mostly because there was something knew happening to her, that she couldn't explain. Nearly everywhere she went, if she clutched her pendant, she could see a translucent wall, not far from her. It didn't stay the same distance from her, but she couldn't approach it. It was always just out of reach. She didn't know what was on the other side of that wall, but it felt powerful. More powerful than Olympus. More powerful even than Magtok. She wasn't sure what it meant, but she thought if she ever understood it, she could harness that power to do anything.

Maybe even to get her master back.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #312

Irena waits until Nadia is done before she replies. "How can forget Nadia? The being that raped you is still playing around with your body like you were some toy and I'm completely powerless to stop it." The witch says with disgust. "Don't you see? The instant you will deny her access to the baby, she is going to use every means possible to get it back, including disposing off you when you aren't needed anymore. Just like she poisoned me, she isn't afraid of killing either of us. I worry about it every day." She admits.

[Eastside Disturbance]

Tibatha shakes her head, "I don't know, nothing I can think of suggests that. Can it be so that people actually like being immortal?" She asks with a roll of her eyes.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Okay, so you wanted it small right?" Irena asks.

[Astrana's Room]

"It seems to be spreading over your mindscape rapidly." Astrana replies. "And yes, tha'ts bad Cynthia." She adds while looking at the demon. "My visit didn't make things any better. How are you feeling?"

[Quest to find Secret Slave Society]

"Oh, the hat isn't going to be made of this. It's just the glue that will bring it together." Alice explains with a smile as she seem to drawn in the mercury fumes. "...join? Well, there is a small test first but we are always welcome of new members. Why do you like to join?"

13. - Top - End - #313
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

"Possibly, but perhaps you should check back with them in three thousand years, once their memories have filled up and they're remembering things out of sequence," Andromeda observes dryly. "Also an ethical treatment program would at least consider the possibility, and at least take steps to disprove it, but that is neither here nor there. I have yet to see anything...significantly alarming to take any action," she says, then adds as a caution, "however, I must warn you that angry mobs often do not like taking 'there is nothing there' for an answer; you may wish to invest in security precautions."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "Oh, the hat isn't going to be made of this. It's just the glue that will bring it together." Alice explains with a smile as she seem to drawn in the mercury fumes. "...join? Well, there is a small test first but we are always welcome of new members. Why do you like to join?"
    Well, as you can see, she flicks the brim of her cowboy hat. My hats are rather bland compared to your lovely hat. I heard that you have some of the best hats in all of Nexus, so I was hoping, that by joining your society, I'd find better, beautiful, one-of-a-kind hats. she says, wringing her hands slightly, as if anxious.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

15. - Top - End - #315
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrana's Room

"I have kind of a dull headache," Eadelain begins. "And I also feel like I just had a good sleep, and I don't hurt other than the headache. But I feel... weird. I don't know. I can't think of... actually, it kind of feels like what it did when you hypnotized me. Or a couple other times when the power reacted to things. I didn't notice it before, but now it's there and won't go away."

16. - Top - End - #316

[Eastside Disturbance]

Not sure if they accidently ignore jeu or not, so I have nothing to react to.

17. - Top - End - #317
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia looks up and meets Irena's eye. "I know she's going to come after him. I was really hoping I could find some way to stop that. But that doesn't dissuade me, Irena. Just sending the baby off somewhere and leaving him and whoever is caring for him to their fate isn't okay with me."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, just a small little ceremony with a few people. I do want a nice ceremony, though. With the decorations and dresses." Nadia pauses and looks at Irena amusedly. "Well, I doubt you want to wear a dress."

18. - Top - End - #318

Irena just stares at Nadia for some time once she's done talking.

"So you're willing to risk your own life for this baby then?" She finally asks.

[Suncrest Manor]

"I can wear certain kinds of dresses." The witch replies. "But I guess your family is going to be there huh?"

Astrana's Room

Astrana nods, "Cynthia, get Eadelain a mirror won't you?" She asks the little demon. "You'll see what the exact effects are. Do you believe you possibly could direct the power now? Like levitate that glass for instance?"

[Eastside Disturbance]

"We are already, but I'm still not giving you a list of my clients. We just opened shop here in this city after all, my clients don't even live here." Tibatha explains.

19. - Top - End - #319
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia fiddles with her hair agitatedly. She doesn't look away from Irena despite this, however. She knew she was about to say something Irena wasn't going to understand, but she had to say it.

"Yes."

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia sighs and nods. "Yeah. I still need to tell them... I just don't know how. I just hope they'll respect me enough to actually come."

[Astrana's Room]

Cynthia hops off her chair and goes to grab the mirror. "You mean she can float stuff just because of that?" The little demon asks as she goes to hold the mirror up in from of Eadelain.

20. - Top - End - #320
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrana's Room

Eadelain look at herself in the mirror. There isn't any inky veins on her face, but there are some on her neck. She then looks over at the glass.

"Why do you think I could do that?" She's then quiet for a minute. She reaches out toward it, and after a moment her entire hand turns inky black. Slowly, shakily, the glass rises into the air.

21. - Top - End - #321

Irena let's out a deep sigh and sits down on a smaller chair near the door of the control room. "And then I have to protect you and the baby." She looks up at Nadia, "You're insane, you know that right?" Despite her words though, Irena isn't smiling.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena nods, "Anyone else? I can't really think of anyone I would invite. Maybe Chasity but that's like the only one."

Astrana's Room

"The ink-substance was let into your conscious mind from your subconscious so it makes sense that you can now control it consciously." Astrana says as she observes the glass being lift into the air. "This thing still have a mind of it's own however which worries me. I think you should just try learning to control these new powers while observe you for now. Poking at it anymore at this point might be a bad idea."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-24 at 11:08 AM.

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia looks surprised at Irena. She was expecting Irena to keep pushing the issue. She goes over and kneels down in front of her fiancee. She tries to take Irena's hands in hers.

"I'm really sorry, Irena. I don't ever want to be a burden on you. I wish I could always make you happy, but I know I'm not doing that now." A could of tears escape Nadia's eyes and roll down her cheeks. Even so, she smiles at Irena. "You really must love me."

[Suncrest Manor]

"I don't know. I could invite my old friend from high school. We kind of lost touch, but she might still be interested in coming." It really strikes Nadia now just how few people they have to invite. "Do you think that might be too awkward for Chastity?"

[Astrana's Room]

"That's so cool. Does it let you do more stuff too." Cynthia has forgotten that it might be dangerous for Eadelain so caught up is she in her childish wonder.

23. - Top - End - #323

Irena features softens to an sad expression as she see Nadia cry. "You know I do Nadia. Always." She says, attempting to take her fiancees hand and squeeze it. "But can I make a request? I don't want to be called mother. Or father for that matter. It doesn't feel like I fit in there."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Uh... maybe? I figured we would invite her at least. I kinda want her there. She's like the only person I really know except you." Irena replies.

24. - Top - End - #324
    Dwarf in the Playground

Astrana's Room

Eadelain sets down the glass, but by then her arm is trembling. She then shakes her arm out, and begins rubbing it as if to warm it up. "That felt really weird. It wasn't hard, but it didn't feel right." It takes a minute, but her hand changes beck to the normal colors... plus the inky veins. "What else do you think I would be able to do?"

25. - Top - End - #325
    Ogre in the Playground

Nadia nods. "I understand." She lifts Irena's hands to her lips and kisses them. "I love you so much."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Really? You don't know anyone else? I mean, I know plenty more people, just no one I'd invite to my wedding." Nadia says.

26. - Top - End - #326
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Westside

Evangeline crept into the city, clutching her pendant. She didn't remember how she'd gotten down from the mountain, or what had happened after the pegasus attacked her. She didn't even know where Magtok was, or what he had done in the fight against Zeus. He had told her not to die, but she had. What if that had screwed up his plan?
    I'm dead, Linda. Just as I suspected, Dionysus wanted his father dead almost as much as we did, but wasn't willing to get his hands dirty doing so himself. He believed himself a clever chessmaster, several steps ahead of everyone in the game. I knew his plan from the very beginning, however, and intended to throw him into the same pit with his father as soon as the thunder god was done and finished. I would be no one's pawn, least of all to a deity such a he.

Things went south from there. His half-sister Artemis pierced my skull with her accursed arrows. I died, Linda. I died, but in my final moments, imbued as much divine essence in your amulet as I could, and carried you afar away from the wrath of those thieves and scum. Through my efforts, you still draw breath alive and far beyond the grasp of that mad god of revelry.

Our time is limited. There's no telling how long it will be until Dionysus realizes your true significance and tries to crush you underfoot. The other Magtoks have surely forgotten and forsaken us by now, so you and I are entirely alone in this. The odds are very much against us, but I believe we can still win, Linda. We must strike first, and strike hard. Our greatest battle is behind us, but the secret crusade has only just begun.

Oh hey, voices in Evangeline's head. That's totally normal and not the sort of thing that only happens to crazy people, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

27. - Top - End - #327

It has been quite a while since I have been here with my characters; I had almost forgotten him. I guess schoolwork does that to ya. So, setting:

[Northside, west bank of the river]

William, the wizard-looking guy with shoulder-length red hair, seems to have disappeared into the shadows for several weeks. Finally, he returns from wherever he was, with a new gear. It looks to be the cross of a cape and a glove. Or, rather, it's a pale fleshy cape that only covers the area from his neck to his right shoulder, then it folds down his arm, covering his right hand. Throughout it, it has magenta spikes and long black claws where the glove part is.

I guess he's looking at the rocks on the bank of the river, looking for the right-colored ones.
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

28. - Top - End - #328

"And I'm just crazy in you apparently." The witch replies. "Not sure about the baby though but as long as you don't too much help with, I think I can manage." She smiles slightly. "I probably should hire a maid that can help take care of it... I mean him since I'm going to be pretty lousy at it."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Not really, no. When you live out on the streets you could befriend a couple of persons easily as long as you shared some booze. But you had to be prepared that they could betray you at any time. That's just the way it was. So I doubt any of those people would show up at my wedding. All my friends are either dead or ass-holes." Irena replies.

Astrana's Room

"I'm not sure, but I don't think there are many limits considering what the ink could do. You'd want to test it in controlled forms though, that weird feeling you describe could be a sign that something isn't right. Perhaps your body just isn't adapted enough to handle the energy that courses through you yet?" Astrana suggests. "In any case, I'd suggest you use your powers very conservatively and always have someone else with you when you do use them."

"Oh of course dear. I'd love to help you get some better hats. Still, there is the test. Are you sure you're up for it?" Alice asks Bianca with a raised eyebrow.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-24 at 07:39 PM.

29. - Top - End - #329
    Ogre in the Playground

"I'll try and do all the big stuff. I won't ask you to change any diapers." Nadia really hopes the baby will grow on Irena. It would make their life much easier. "I like the idea about hiring someone to clean up around here a bit, but having someone actually help with the baby would mean they'd have to be here a lot of the time."

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia pulls herself close to the Naiad and gives her a kiss on the cheek. "Well I'll always be here for you. You can count on that."

30. - Top - End - #330

[Suncrest Manor]

"I know." Irena replies with a smile. "Though I want to invite someone else at least so I'll hope Chasity comes."

"Mm... I guess since you don't have a job you can spend full time with the baby if you really want to." She makes a face. "Though I have no idea why you would want to do that. Aren't you going to get back your job eventually?"