New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

Wildside

While Lenai is speaking, Jeanne sends a telepathic message to Paris / Mercutio.

So boss? You want I should make nice so I can stay? Retreat quietly? Or burn the place?

Jeanne is rather rooting for the latter, but she doubts her new boss wants to make an outright enemy over something so petty.

Then again, he is a Pride demon...
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

2. - Top - End - #32
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Gutted Fish- Basement

Pulling up a seat facing the stairs, Argon sets his gun on the table and sits, gesturing for Enshadu to do the same in the chair opposite. So, I take it those things weren't yours, were they? Any idea of who sent them? They don't match with the themes of any group against Excelsior, but E's quite obviously got enemies of his own. I doubt I need to point out that we're not to happy with that.

His brother's taken up post besides the stairs, leaning against the wall idly as he waits. Just in case. The gargoyles up and vanishing isn't sitting well with the soldiers- That kinda force seems excessive if they were just there to observe.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-29 at 05:28 PM.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

3. - Top - End - #33

Eastside - Weird William's
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post

The lumbering councilman shrugs hopelessly, as lost as Maya is, "Not particularly. She likes making a scene, kicking up a fuss, and going where the booze is, but there're any number of bars and parties open for business since Eastside got its independence, so that won't narrow it down much unless you look for the ones with the most fires and broken property. Could probably put the word out that someone's looking for her myself, but I'm not sure I'd do that for a pretty face I just met." He admits honestly. He's still got his old connections, sure, legitimate though some of them might have turned in the aftermath of the riots, but using them for a girl's book report would stretch everyone's patience even though he's trying to be helpful.

Oh. Maya's smile droops dramatically under the cover of her hood. This might be more difficult than she'd hoped, although at least she had some direction to go in now.

"Oh. Well, thank you anyway, Mister. If you happen to see her, can you tell her I'm looking for her?"

Wildside

Jeanne is met with a deep and long-suffering sigh. You are here on reconnaissance, please try to avoid burning the forest down. And if you can manage to avoid being utterly incompetent for as long as possible, perhaps actually crossing the threshold into the forest would be a task worth aspiring to.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Gutted Fish Basement

Enshadu taps the table with his floating metal hands. ...No. They weren't mine, nor do I have any clue who's they were. No one I know uses gargoyles. Enshadu sits softly on the chair. Might just be guards of the city. I don't know. Why the secrecy? Hm? What do you need to talk of so privately?

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, I suppose." Nadia takes the phone, but she doesn't use it just yet. "A month sounds about right, yeah. Damn, I can hardly imagine that I'll be giving birth in just that long." It's a bit of a nerve wracking thought, to say the least.

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente looks at it in silence for a moment. "Do you think someone followed us here?" He suggests. Sylvia's sudden shift in attitude unsettles him, though.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post

Oh. Maya's smile droops dramatically under the cover of her hood. This might be more difficult than she'd hoped, although at least she had some direction to go in now.

"Oh. Well, thank you anyway, Mister. If you happen to see her, can you tell her I'm looking for her?"

Wildside

Jeanne is met with a deep and long-suffering sigh. You are here on reconnaissance, please try to avoid burning the forest down. And if you can manage to avoid being utterly incompetent for as long as possible, perhaps actually crossing the threshold into the forest would be a task worth aspiring to.

"It'd help if I knew where to send her to to meet you, but I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to help you out if I saw her." Brody admits, scratching his beard. Odd kid, this one, but nice.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #37

[Eastside - Hunter Headquarters]

Tarim glares at the orc, the pit lord's eyes literary burning as he points at him. "You, follow me. I have discovered corruption in the very core of the city."

[Mysterious Cavern]

"Uh... we should probably... hide." Sylvia replies and attempts to drag Valente towards the dark waters surrounding them as the light draws closer.

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena makes a face. "It will probably hurt so much." She looks almost disgusted at the very thought of it.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

The two Hunters look at each other and shrug. They know Tarim probably isn't trying to pull a trick on them.
    "We'll dispatch a patrol to go with you," the orc says as the human speaks through the radio quietly.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

9. - Top - End - #39

You know, I'm not to sure myself... Argon says, glancing up at the ceiling with an air of feigned thoughtfulness. Oh. Wait. Now I remember. It's 'cause there's a flock of monsters waiting out there! How does that not register as a concern for you?! 'Oh, gee, there's a bunch of stone monstrosities floating around over my head. Guess I'll pretend they ain't there and go on discussing my dangerous and highly illegal business, a-duuuuur.'

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

Gutted Fish Basement.

Enshadu just sits quietly, tapping away at the table. Well...Sorry. I thought surely you four could handle some crude animated stone! Anyways, what do you wish to discuss? Weather? The weeks crossword puzzle?

11. - Top - End - #41

Shaddup. Just... Just shut up. Argon leans forward slightly, resting his elbows on the table and holding one hand with the other, as though they'll strangle Enshadu of their own accord if he doesn't. If you continue wasting our time, this will end in blood and gunfire, got it? Stop asking what we're here to talk about. You read the wall, you know why we're here, otherwise you wouldn't have known the signal. So, you either have what we asked for and are about to give it to us, or, you're wasting our time. And I think we've made it well and clear we don't appreciate the latter.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    Cow Hunting

"Ah, I like that idea. Let's head to your cave then, just up on my back and I will lead try to get the cow to follow us. " Probably by trying to pull it after them. That will likely not work if the cow decides to stay where it is.
    Cow Hunting

"Alright. Let me know if you need help pulling or something." Harnel says, climbing back on Cessie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post

Shaddup. Just... Just shut up. Argon leans forward slightly, resting his elbows on the table and holding one hand with the other, as though they'll strangle Enshadu of their own accord if he doesn't. If you continue wasting our time, this will end in blood and gunfire, got it? Stop asking what we're here to talk about. You read the wall, you know why we're here, otherwise you wouldn't have known the signal. So, you either have what we asked for and are about to give it to us, or, you're wasting our time. And I think we've made it well and clear we don't appreciate the latter.
    Enshsdu sighs. Fine. Simple, you've seen that I have enough money to waste bribing a barkeep I could have just killed. Service-wise, I make cyborgs, and high-tech weaponry. Chemical weaponry as well! Now, soon I can give you a tour of the factory, would that suit you?

14. - Top - End - #44

Mhmm. Wonderful. Would it be possible, Argon wonders, to hook E's metal cranium up with a fancy little shock chip to zap him whenever he's being a moron. Or better yet, scoop out some of that unused brain matter and replace it with a pound or so of plastic explosive? There's one part you've missed, however. I'd say we were quite explicit in requesting a gift of those resources. Call it a peace offering.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2012-11-29 at 09:17 PM.

15. - Top - End - #45

The pit lord gives them brief look, "Follow me." He says with a gesture and then walks off in the direction of the presumed look.

Following the demon, the hunters can soon see a group of white-robed acolytes of the burning light have gathered around a building that seem to be under renovation.

At the entrance of the building which is nearly completely surrounded by the group is a horned woman dressed in a business suit. As the hunters and Tarim approaches, she quickly notices them, her purple eyes quickly scanning them. "Finally, you are the police right?" She asks.
    "These fanatics are blocking the way to my clinic."

"We're here to end this corruption demon." Tarim replies as he makes his way through the crowd.

Someone should probably explain what the heck this is about since these people are quite clearly upset about something.

Cow Hunting

"Don't worry, I think I can handle it." The drago replies before she grabs the rope they tied around the neck of the cow and then get's off the ground, attempting to lead it to Harnel's cave.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

[Mysterious Cavern]

"You're kidding me, right?" That just figures that she'd drag him into some kind of trouble. He does follow her though, if reluctantly. he calls upon some of his innate abilities to make the darkness hide them a little more effectively.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia almost winces at the thought. it's hard to imagine, really. "Yeah, I guess it will." She doesn't look like she appreciates being reminded of that fact.

17. - Top - End - #47

[Eastside - Ghoul]

There is a dark-skinned man exiting the building, dressed in jeans, a short and a dark blue jacket that all appear slightly too large for him. He stops for a moment as if he heard something and turns to look back at the house with a paranoid look at his face.
    ((Sorry about the wait. I was wondering why Riverside wasn't updating until I realized that a new thread had been made.))

Ghoul simply held still. Peripheral vision wasn't great at noticing detail but it worked quite well to detect motion. Plus, people didn't have a great tendency to look upwards unless provoked so, with just a bit of luck, the muse might excape detection by simply staying in her crouched position until the man had turned his head far enough that she would be outside his range of vision.

If she was able to remain undetected until the man gave up looking around, then the next thing on her agenda was to return to the Dagger. She didn't have anything conclusive to consider the location to be compromised but she could at least voice her suspicions to her Sire and be ready just in case.
    Last edited by Terumitsu; 2012-11-29 at 09:18 PM.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

Mhmm. Wonderful. Would it be possible, Argon wonders, to hook E's metal cranium up with a fancy little shock chip to zap him whenever he's being a moron. Or better yet, scoop out some of that unused brain matter and replace it with a pound or so of plastic explosive? There's one part you've missed, however. I'd say we were quite explicit in requesting a gift of those resources. Call it a peace offering.
    Enshadu grins. This was fun. An offerring, gift. Fine. Say, sir, what weapon do you prefer the most?

19. - Top - End - #49

Again, Argon feigns thought, scratching his chin. Hmm... Well. I suppose I always have had a preference for, oh, automatic fire, heat-seeking nuclear warhead spewing rocket launchers.

Try and match that order, E.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish Basement

Enshadu growls again before reaching into his coat, and pulling out a metallic, chrome box. A push of a button opens it, and Enshadu sticks his hand deep inside, deeper than the box's dimensions would allow, and pulls out a large, chrome rifle. This is a very special rifle. It's a special firearm for a special bullet. It locks on to a target, and pierces through all magical, pysionic, and physical shields. The bullet pierces all armour, save my special alloy. It also self-destructs if you try to take it apart...Now, what will you offer me?

21. - Top - End - #51

The Gutted Fish

Interesting. Sounds to good to be possibly true, so it probably isn't. But just in case it is, might I have a better look? He holds out his hands to take the device, a spark of greed in his eyes as he examines it. Almost certainly a hoax. But you can dream. And you can certainly hope.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

Enshadu softly laughs at Argon's greed. He taps the table again.Oh, it works, my friend. It woorks on anything but me. Only I know the metal it cannot pierce. Sure, take it. It's already loadd...test it on the barkeep?

23. - Top - End - #53

The Gutted Fish

Argon shrugs. And that would prove? I can kill him with any old gun. If this thing's half as loud as a real gun, you may wish to cover your ears. With that warning, Argon holds the gun out carelessly in one arm and pulls the trigger, aiming for the left wall.

24. - Top - End - #54

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

The two Hunters look at each other and shrug. They know Tarim probably isn't trying to pull a trick on them.
    "We'll dispatch a patrol to go with you," the orc says as the human speaks through the radio quietly.

If they want they may call Jeu, the winged man. He is still around looking for a partner to go on patrol.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Quote Originally Posted by Moon_Called View Post
    Wildside

What incompetence? I entered the forest, discovered that Dionysus is the father of the hateful nymph who planted it, and learned that he has nothing else to do with the place. I also learned that there is a single human inhabitant and only a few fey due to said nymph's unfriendliness. As far as I can tell, I've completed the mission you gave me,
    Jeanne responds telepathically. And rather irritably. It isn't fun being scolded at by two beings at once.

Jeanne lowers her eyes and adopts a contrite appearance and tone. "I can be a teacher and playfellow for Scora." she says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

If they want they may call Jeu, the winged man. He is still around looking for a partner to go on patrol.

The pit lord gives them brief look, "Follow me." He says with a gesture and then walks off in the direction of the presumed look.

Following the demon, the hunters can soon see a group of white-robed acolytes of the burning light have gathered around a building that seem to be under renovation.

At the entrance of the building which is nearly completely surrounded by the group is a horned woman dressed in a business suit. As the hunters and Tarim approaches, she quickly notices them, her purple eyes quickly scanning them. "Finally, you are the police right?" She asks.
    "These fanatics are blocking the way to my clinic."

"We're here to end this corruption demon." Tarim replies as he makes his way through the crowd.

Someone should probably explain what the heck this is about since these people are quite clearly upset about something.
    Jeu will be told to go with the patrol. Apart from him, there are three other Hunters, two humans (one Imbued) and a drow. The non-Imbued human is the leader.
    "Start at the beginning, please," he tells the horned woman and Tarim. "Tell me what happened here."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #57

[Eastside - Ghoul]

The man doesn't appear to notice her, but still looks rather uneasy as he turns around, walking in the direction of the dagger.

((I'll post for gulaghar next round, and no problem.))

[Mysterious Cavern]

"Shhh..." Is all the response he get from Sylvia as she slowly starts to crouch down into the cold water. The rocks are hard and the water black with dirt, causing the experience to be a particularly unpleasant one. The fact that they have to go pretty deep down into the water to even stay remotely hidden doesn't help either.

The can see three figures walking across the passage between the two islands. One of them holding a wand similar to Sylvia's that she put out the instant she heard something.

While two of them appear to be human, the third isn't.
    If Valente hadn't seen one before, he can now see a so called 'shadow vampire' or thera'dun.

The eyeless creature is dressed in a very elegant purple robe, happilly followed by two small dogs.

One of the others is Sekai, the fourth tower cultist that recruited him to the fourth tower. The third persons appears to be a woman, her face hidden in a brown hood. "This is ridiculous, they can't be here. How could they have opened that door? No less found the secret gate?"

"They are here." The vampire states as they stop in front of the chained down dragon, his two dogs starting to bark as they come closer. "There is no need to hide children, we won't hurt you. In fact, I like to know how you accomplished this feat." The shadow vampire speaks out loud, seemingly speaking to them.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Um..." Irena starts, quickly realizing that had been the wrong thing to say. "Maybe we should speak to the shadows now huh?" She asks while getting up from the table.

"They are trying to-" "My business-" The two demons start, the woman resigning with a dreary sigh as Tarim points an accusing finger at the building behind her.

"They have the nerve to actually charge people to become corrupted! In the middle of the city!" The pit lord roars.

As he seem to be done the woman raises her finger, "...if I may. I'm not trying to 'corrupt' anyone. My name is Tibatha Rosewood and I'm just trying to sell a service here. I didn't realize there was such controversy in it however, from what I had heard, the nexus was a liberal place to live in, but these goons have proved the opposite." She says with a gesture towards Tarim and his followers.

28. - Top - End - #58

[Eastside - Ghoul]

Once she felt the man had gone far enough for her to safely descend from her perch, the muse followed the man at a distance.. At least as long as they were moving in the same direction.

Still, the whole 'sudden appearance' thing was bothering her and once the man seemed intent on heading towards the Dagger, then she would send ahead a quick message to her Sire. She had left behind that hexagonal radio before leaving after all. Given that she didn't vocalize her message, the voice on the other end would be rather mechanical, though.

[The Rusty Dagger]

"Potential threat found. Description of person is as follows.." crackled the radio. After a description of the man in question, a followup inquiry asked: "Is this a known entity? Would recommend considering the potential of the location being compromised if unknown. Speak into device to respond."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, sure. Let's do it." Nadia pushes herself up with a bit more effort than it took Irena. That belly isn't getting any smaller. "So what do you have to do?"

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente doesn't curse out loud, but he wants to. He should have known this was a bad idea. For some reason he doesn't trust the vampire, despite not having any real reason not to.

He puts his mouth right near Sylvia's ear so he can whisper as quietly as possible. "Is there anywhere else we can go away from here?"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

Argon shrugs. And that would prove? I can kill him with any old gun. If this thing's half as loud as a real gun, you may wish to cover your ears. With that warning, Argon holds the gun out carelessly in one arm and pulls the trigger, aiming for the left wall.
    Enshadu nods. True...I hope you wouldn't mind if I killed him? I need some refreshment. I'll just be a minute if you don't mind, or I can bring him down here? Oh...I'm fine, my ears are fine. The E14 Prototype is silent. The gun is held, and successfully fired. The bullet smashes into the wall, going through the stone, wood, and anything else in between, opening up a 2 foot hole in the inn, smashing through anything in the way. The bullet passes out of the gun, it's silver-green, and enlarges as it flies to a two foot transparent green orb. The orb keeps smashing until it reaches thirty feet. Then it evaporates. Tooold ya so. Enshadu speaks in a sing-song voice.