New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

Hunter Recruitment Center

"Arright, thanks." The Krogan will go through the door.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

[Eastside - Surface]

Sssylvia sssincccerely hopesss that Charynrae will accept the absssenccce of a ccceiling over time. She can't have her girlfriend all wound up like this on their honeymoon! That'd spoil everything she planned for them to do!

"It'sss okay, Charynrae. I'll keep you sssafe."

Sylvia promises, attempting to lightly lean against Charynrae affectionately.

"Are you hungry or thirsssty? We can buy much fresher ssstuff than canned meatsss and preserved fruitsss up here. There are thingsss much tassstier than fungus too!"

3. - Top - End - #93
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Evolution Industries]

A luxury car stops outside of the Evolution Industries building. Ramiro steps outside and glances down at his watch. Fifteen minutes for the meeting he'd scheduled the day before. The vampire straightens his suit and walks inside. "I have a meeting with Mr Halley." He tells the receptionist (or whoever it is that looks to be the person to talk to.)
    The receptionist gives Ramiro the appropriate directions. "Mr. Halley will see you there at the assigned time. You may arrive early, if you wish."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

"Thank you." The vampire nods tot he receptionist and follows the directions. Once he arrives there, Ramiro knocks and enters when indicated. "It's good to see you again, Mr Halley."

[Suncrest Manor]

"That's technically true, but it's not a good sign when that's the standard you're comparing yourself to." Nadia says amusedly. "I'm trying to think of the last time you did laundry, washed the dishes, or cleaned the bathroom. I'm drawing a blank."

[Mysterious Cavern]

Valente keeps his eyes lowered. "Yes sir." He says. It almost sounded like there wasn't going to be any consequences for being here. He's not quite that hopeful, though.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Troll in the Playground

{Sawyer's Inn}

There's a loud thump from inside one of the thick walls near the kitchen. Gah damn it! A muffled cry can be heard. Who the heck.... another loud thump, like someone hitting the wall with their fist, and then silence.

A moment later, an attractive young woman walks out of the downstairs, rubbing her head. She has black hair with a violet streak on the right side. She's wearing a skintight black leather bodysuit, and three inch spike stiletto heals, tipped in silver.

Anyone here know.... she looks around the room, no longer rubbing her head. Ooooh. New management, huh? Sorry folks. she then heads for the nearest exit.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

6. - Top - End - #96
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Wildside]

Scora slithers out of where she was hiding and lies across a branch again. She gives the two of them a toothy grin. "Oooh, so I'm in charge, huh?" She likes the sound of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Wildside

Jeanne turns and bows to Scora. "At your ladyship's pleasure," she says.
    Wildside

"An odd thing to say for one so opposed to being controlled." Lenai remarks before turning to Scora, "You're in charge of how long she stays and if she goes, as well as teaching her the ways of the grove. If she harms something it will be as much your responsibility as it is hers. Take this seriously, please, as I'll be keeping an eye on you two." Lenai shakes her head, not knowing why she bothered going to all this trouble just to possibly teach Scora a lesson about responsibility. The mess with Jeanne left an awful taste in her mouth.

She fades into a tree though, leaving the two to be ostensibly alone despite the fact that she said she'd be watching them.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Orc in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

The room Ramiro enters is a fairly standard meeting room, a long table with two seats set up on opposite sides in the center of the room. Otherwise it's rather nondescript, aside from the general color scheme of EI-white walls, blue table, blue chairs. And security cameras.

'Mr. Halley' is not actually there, immediately, as Ramiro manages to arrive early. However, assuming he waits, the man himself spontaneously appears in the room at one of the ends of the table and takes his seat.

"Hello again. As always, it is a pleasure to do business with you."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

8. - Top - End - #98
    Ogre in the Playground

Cow Hunting

And so Harnel and Cessie return to Harnel's cave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Ogre in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

Ramiro does indeed wait, and will supply his greeting after DC arrives. "If you don't mind, let's get right down to business, shall we?" Ramiro sets his briefcase on the table and pulls a map from it. "I have already found a number of locations that the building housing the MACE unit could be located. I'd like your recommendations on the matter based on the area it could cover. What was the area it could cover again?" The map has a few areas marked out. A few are closer to the center of Riverside as a whole instead of just the center of Westside, while a couple more are closer to the Westside/Northside border.

[Wildside]

Scora rolls her eyes. "I heard you when you were talking to her." She says dismissively. Darn Lenai, being so serious all the time.

After the nymph has left, Scora turns her attention to Jeanne. "So what are we gonna do, hm?" She ponders. "Can you climb trees?"

[Suncrest Manor - Some Other Time]

As Irena is sitting on the couch in some other timeline, Nadia walks over to her and sits across her lap, facing her. "Hello there, beautiful." She says warmly. Hopefully she wasn't interrupting a good TV show.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Orc in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

"The Class 3 installations were designed to be able to cover a large section of a city such as Inside individually, but this is the first that has been commissioned. Due to the lesser scale of Riverside, it could theoretically power the entire city. Location matters less physically and more politically." He stops for a moment, thinking. "So long as it is hooked into the grid, it will be able to power the city cheaply, cleanly, and by itself once it is complete, easily undercutting other power suppliers, likely resulting in them going out of business. Together, Evolution Industries and whichever faction formally commissions and controls the installation-yours, of course-will have their influence increased significantly. With that in mind, the location of the installation is your choice to make, as you are commissioning it."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

11. - Top - End - #101
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"But that's just details. There's never anyone here anyway so why care about that? But if you want we could get like a servant or something. But then we couldn't have sex everywhere though." Yeah, that's a distinctive disadvantage.

[Mysterious Cavern]

Sekai seem a great deal less pleased then Harold who just waves them off as the cult leader leads them away. The vampire and his hooded follower staying behind with the chained up dragon.

"I'm-"

"Not. A. Word." Sekai hisses in response, causing Sylvia to shrink back, looking straight down at the rock floor as they pass through the portal again.

Sekai walks very quickly through the fire vampires containment chamber and will drag the two through the hall if they don't keep up with her.

If Valente speaks up before they reach the compound again, Sekai might slap him if she thinks no one is looking. Once they are back in the compound again, the room goes completely silent. The members just looking silently at them, probably feeling that asking questions would be the quite stupid in this situation.

Valente reach Sekai's office (which she taken over after the now deceased Niccaru) which Valente never been in before. Then they are quickly pointed to two chairs before the cult leader. "Sit down." She orders. Assuming they do, she sit down on the other side of the the desk and stares at them. "Explain yourself." She says coldly.

[Eadelain's Mindscape==>Astrana's Room]

Astrana wakes up groans slightly from the effect of the crystals. Even brief exposure to it's effect could cause some serious headaches. But that's just how things worked. Reaching up, she will strap off the crystal and look for Cynthia. "Cynthia, we're going to need a sacrifice." She states. "For a protection spell." Now they just need to find some cute animal!
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-02 at 04:59 PM.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Orc in the Playground

Westside

"Goodbye. And, I'm older than I look." He's between one hundred and one hundred and fifty years old, though can't pin down exactly how old- he's only vaguely aware of which year it is.

Eastside Surface

"Now this I must try. Tastier than fungus? Lead on, Sylvia, lead on." Charynrae smiles as she looks at her lover. Hopefully they aren't in the area of Weird William's; I'm not sure either of them qualify as a lycanthrope, and that's the main custom of that particular pub.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Arright, thanks." The Krogan will go through the door.
    The door is fairly large, as is the room behind it. It's obviously designed with large individuals in mind. It is fairly spartan in design, with white walls and a single desk in the middle. The desk is large and so are the two chairs on both its sides.
    The person sitting behind the desk is large, with dark green skin and strange, angular features.
    "Please, take a seat," he says, motioning to the chair. "And tell me your name."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

Among the newly arrived investigation team is Andromeda, who eyes the now-cordoned-off building with a sigh, and a bit of nervous anticipation.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Markot Kragx. Call me Kragx." Kragx doesn't sit down, instead standing in the middle of the room.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

Jeanne doesn't bother addressing the inconsistency charge from Lenai. It isn't like she's seriously calling a pubescent dryad girl her Mistress. It's the sort of silly thing you say to humour a child. Besides, everyone knows that fey are flighty, so if she's going to act one convincingly, she has to be foolish and inconsistent.

Or so Jeanne imagines. Not so many fey end up in Hell, what with being creatures that don't tend to fall under the jurisdiction of Heaven, Hell, and the Abyss. So she's mostly going off of legends, stories, and an encounter or two with fey that did end up in Hell (usually due to making a bad deal with a devil somewhere along the line.)

"I can climb," Jeanne says, and will try to climb the tree that Scora is in. Of course, she's not good at climbing compared to Scora and her sister, but she manages okay, and without hurting the tree.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

"You know, I wouldn't mind just having sex in bed that much." Nadia points out. Though she does admit that having so much freedom is nice... "Maybe we could hire someone to just come in a few days a week. I'm sure we could restrain ourselves that much."

[Mysterious Cavern => Sekai's Office]

Valente glances at Sylvia, but only briefly. "I didn't know we weren't allowed to go there." He says lamely.

[Astrana's Room]

Cynthia sits up suddenly. She'd laid back and was staring at the ceiling up until now, but she's suddenly alert. "Um, what kinda sacrifice?" She asks, not entirely understanding.

[Evolution Industries]

Ramiro's eyebrows shoot up. "That is significantly more powerful than I would have thought. You continue to impress me, Mr Halley." Ramiro looks over the map a moment before putting it away. It seems he'd need to take this new information into account.

"I'll decide on a site in the near future. What else do you and your people require for the installation?" He asks.

[Wildside]

"Well that's something at least." Scora turns on her back and props her head up to look at Jeanne. "Now what am I going to do with you? Aconia and Cole are off somewhere probably." She frowns a little.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Orc in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

'Mr. Halley' shakes his head. "Little. Once we have the payment to cover the construction and an appropriate site, we can begin, though we would appreciate any extra security you can offer. Naturally, we'll be charging as any power company does once the installation is online, but thanks to your involvement, your interests will receive discounts."
    Spoiler
    Show

FFR Links:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

[Evolution Industries]

"Excellent. The security will of course be provided to you. Whatever you need." Ramiro says. His mind works through the potential of all this. "I will contact you within the next few days to finalize everything."

20. - Top - End - #110

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Jeu will try to slap on Andromeda's shoulder.

"Don't worry. You aren't alone." he sais friendly.

Then he enters the building.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #111

[Suncrest Manor]

"Oh, okay. I could live with that." Irena replies before falling silent for a moment. "...they are here." She states, Nadia not really noticing any difference within the darkness of the washing room.

"Um... how to phrase this... There are two strangers looking for Nadia, my fiancee. Why are they looking for her?" The witch asks out loud.

The lampade can't hear a reply at first but then if she listens closely she can hear faint murmurs coming from the darkness all around them.

"...they say they want to protect you from getting with child with the goddess by the decree of some prophecy. Huh. They really suck at their job then."

Irena was laughing at Nexus funniest home videos, currently showing a voltrob being mistaken as a football by a minotaur which causes hilarity to ensue. One have to question the reality of that video though.

"Hm, uh, hey!" Irena greets Nadia with a foolish smile, her attention suddenly divided between the show and her girlfriend.

[Eastside Disturbance]

There are still a group of burning light followers hanging around the building as they arrive though substantially less then last time. Guess some people have other things to do then hanging around buildings.

The horned woman Tibatha is also there to greet them, but currently seem to be busy with showing a few large green-skinned big-nosed workers inside. She turns her head in their direction as they come closer though. "You must be the investigation team. I'm Tibatha Rosewood, the owner of this clinic." She presents herself, offering her hand to shake.

[Astrana's Room]

"The larger animal the better." Astrana replies while slowly getting up from her chair. "Could be like a dog or a cat..." Uh-oh.

[Sekai's Office]

Sekai stares at them for a moment. "I have a hard time comprehending what would be worse. That you you managed all this by purpose or if you were ind-wretchedly stupid enough to steal a key from a secure office, use it to open the most dangerous containment cell on the castle and then use the hidden door in there... without even knowing that it was not allowed!!!" At this point Sylvia starts to quietly sob in her seat, looking utterly ashamed.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-03 at 07:44 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia frowns a little. "I guess they are." It's rather off putting that there's all these people trying to influence her when she just wants to get on with her life in peace. "Maybe ask what they'll want after they find out I'm already pregnant." She suggests. Maybe they'll want to help with the goddess.

Nadia notices Irena's distraction and decides to get right to the point. "I was wondering if you knew when your birthday was. I don't think you've ever mentioned it, and I figured you might not know it." What with Irena's past.

[Astrana's Room]

"What?! You can't hurt a kitty!" Cynthia insists. For a demon, she's not very keen on this whole sacrifice thing.

[Sekai's Office]

Valente looks over at Sylvia. Geeze, she's crying? "Okay listen. It was all my idea. I wasn't trying to do any harm, I just wanted to see what was in there." He has no idea why he's trying to shift some of the blame off Sylvia.

[Outside the Rusty Dagger]

Samona turns her attention away from Jana for a moment, showing signs of her own frustration. She uses the device to communicate with Ghoul. "Keep an eye on that man." She orders.

Before getting a response, she's already addressing Jana again. "Tell me what you're running from." She compels her. Her abilities are far less effective when used so bluntly, but she was starting to feel rushed.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

"Who are Aconia and Cole? Maybe we should go find them."
    Jeanne says.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

24. - Top - End - #114

[Suncrest Manor]

"Alright. So what will they do once they find out Nadia is already pregnant?" Irena asks the shadows, followed by the faint murmurs again.

"...they don't know. But- oh ****." Irena swears out loud in rage. "They have been told to kill you."

"What?" Irena asks surprised, reaching for the remote to shut down the TV. "You mean... but I wasn't born. Not like that... you know, it's weird."

[Astrana's Room]

"It doesn't have to be a kitty, Cynthia, it could as easily be a rat. But then it would be a bit less effective." The tiefling attempts to explain to the young demon.

[Sekai's Office]

Sylvia stops sobbing for a moment and turns to look at the vampire, not sure what to say.

"Really now?" Sekai raises an eyebrow. "I'm not sure what kind of game you're playing Valente but is that your best excuse? I know Sylvia been down in the containment chambers a few times now but you have kept yourself up here all the time. Don't take me for a fool." She states. "But if you like to take the blame, so be it. It doesn't really matter anyway since as far as I'm concerned, you're both equally guilty." The cult leader raises from her seat. "Sylvia, you're going to stay in your room until I have decided what to do with you, Valente. You are going to see Lord Harold this instance, don't keep him waiting. Also, if you tell anyone what you saw in there, you don't even want to know the consequences. Is that understood?"

Sylvia manages to nod weakly.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia's skin can't normally get much more pale, but somehow it manages to. "Oh gods." She curls her arms over her stomach, almost protectively. "Dammit all, what are we going to do?"

"Yeah, I know. That's why I asked. So I guess you've never really had one, huh?" Nadia pauses thoughtfully, despite the fact she's already thought of all this beforehand.

"So I have an idea. I do want to do something for you for things like that, but I don't really do anything much for my birthday. How about instead of normal birthdays, we take a day or two right around my birthday where we do something for each other? Like, something one of us wants to do that we might not actually do normally. We each take a turn to pick something, and then we do it." It's almost as if she has some kind of motive behind all this.

[Astrana's Room]

"Well, okay. No kitties." Cynthia says. "Rats are okay." Just as long as she doesn't discover that there are cute rats.

[Sekai's Office]

"Yes ma'am." Valente says quickly. He looks at Slyvia but doesn't say anything else. He'll stand then, and if Sekai has no reason to stop him, he'll exit the room. He pauses briefly outside.

[Wildside]

"Aconia's my sister and Cole's the human I mentioned before." Scora explains. "We can probably find them somewhere." She thinks for a moment. They could be quite a ways away since the forest extends around the entire city, and they might not even be with each other.

"Alright, let's go see." She suddenly drops out of the tree, but it's entirely controlled. Her long tail is still wrapped around the branch, and she uses that to guide and slow her descent. "Come on, slowpoke." She calls back to Jeanne as she starts slithering off.

It remains to see who they'll find.

26. - Top - End - #116
    Troll in the Playground

{Quest to find Secret Slave Society}

Bianca begins to wander Northside doing two things.

1) She's listening to the people talking, hoping to pick up the general vibe of the place.

2) She's scouting for places that pique her curiosity. Mostly buildings that look to be hiding something.

3) She's buying food. She's hungry.

She walks up to a store/vendor. Where's the best place for fine dining?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

27. - Top - End - #117

Eastside
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Eastside - Weird William's

"It'd help if I knew where to send her to to meet you, but I suppose it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to help you out if I saw her." Brody admits, scratching his beard. Odd kid, this one, but nice.

"Thank you sir!" Maya bows lightly at the waist, her hands clasped together in front of her. She lingers for a moment, before turning and heading off.

Of course, she still has her hood down, so she might run in to something. Or someone.
    "You tied your wings on tightly but they always come undone"
    ~ ClumsyMonkey, Montreal
    Beautiful red panda avatar by Eldar Tsufo!

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Markot Kragx. Call me Kragx." Kragx doesn't sit down, instead standing in the middle of the room.
    The half-ogre Hunter raises an eyebrow, but doesn't press the issue.
    "Well then. Why don't you tell me how long you've been in Riverside and what you've been doing until now."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Not long. I've been here and there, A bit in Westside, some in Northside. I've been acting as muscle for a couple vigilante groups; wound up with a civilian group in Northside for a while. When I heard about this democracy setting up, I decided to come over and see if you needed some muscle."

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

[Hunter Recruitment Center]

"I see," says the Hunter slowly. "What sort of vigilante groups were they?"