New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Evolution Industries]

"Excellent. The security will of course be provided to you. Whatever you need." Ramiro says. His mind works through the potential of all this. "I will contact you within the next few days to finalize everything."
    He nods. "Of course, take all the time you need. I'll get my people ready for the construction-I don't think most were actually expecting to ever get to that, really."
    Spoiler
    Show

by Happyturtle and Ashen Lilies

FFR Links:

2. - Top - End - #122
    Bugbear in the Playground

[Sekai's Office==>Fourth Tower Compound]

Sekai actually raises from her seat and follows the two outside, making sure that Sylvia goes to her room. She gives Valente a last glance before getting into the room, Sekai closing and locking the door behind her.

She will then lead Valente out into the common room and point at Lucis who currently is reading through a book. "Lucius, would you be so kind to show Valente to Lord Harold's room? It's important."

"...okay." The tiefling replies, not really seeing any other choice.

[Suncrest Manor]

"We call exbourne manor or the police... or something. If they won't help us I'll... deal with those ****** myself." This usually means killing but Irena doesn't use that word anymore. *nodnod*

"Don't worry Nadia, I won't let them as much as see you." She promises, attempting to take her girlfriends and squeeze it.

They still got one question left though.

[Suncrest Manor - Some Other Time]

Irena scratches her head. "Sure, I guess. So I'd be like a second Christmas then?" Irena knew what Christmas was, people usually pretended to care more about the homeless then and the drunks tended to get just a bit drunker to forget how hopeless their lives were. Oh and then sometimes people gave gifts to each other.

[Astrana's Room]

"Okay, can you find me some rats while I prepare a ritual Cynthia? It's very important if we're going to find out whats happening to Eadelain." The tiefling asks while grabbing a ritual dagger with her tail, putting it in her hand.

[Quest to find Secret Slave Society]

Well, there are new manors being build in northside and there is a gigantic Gothic-styled flying castle looming over the city. Oh and there are gargoyles flying around, seemingly scouting the area.

Probably worth mentioning at least.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Jeu will try to slap on Andromeda's shoulder.

"Don't worry. You aren't alone." he sais friendly.

Then he enters the building.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    There are still a group of burning light followers hanging around the building as they arrive though substantially less then last time. Guess some people have other things to do then hanging around buildings.

The horned woman Tibatha is also there to greet them, but currently seem to be busy with showing a few large green-skinned big-nosed workers inside. She turns her head in their direction as they come closer though. "You must be the investigation team. I'm Tibatha Rosewood, the owner of this clinic." She presents herself, offering her hand to shake.
    Jeu gets a bit of a look from Andromeda at the shoulder-slap, but the silver-haired, dusky-skinned young woman shrugs, and heads into the building. The Testificatesogreoid workers get a brief look before her attention turned to Tibatha, and she takes the offered hand, shaking firmly.

"Andromeda Myslyvets," she introduces herself. "I hope we can quickly and satisfactorarily resolve the issue with a minimum of fuss."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

4. - Top - End - #124
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    [Hunter Recruitment Center]

"I see," says the Hunter slowly. "What sort of vigilante groups were they?"

"Nothing too bad; I specifically avoid extremists. Let me think... there was one "proactive" group, but they stopped caring about the people and became another gang. Not sure what happenned to them after I left. There was a vigilante start up in Eastside, but it didn't get a lot support and kind of crumbled. I was in a buddy duo for a bit, but that guy lets his agenda get the better of him and walked headlong into his trap. Idiot was obsessed with vengeance. Probably the main one is the civilian group in Northside. Less of a vigilante group and more of a city watch, them. Take care of the crimes that the snobbish nobles won't touch. Good man at the head, no corruption tolerance and a mean right hook. Things have settled down there a bit, so I figured I'd show my bit of support for democracy."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

The half-ogre takes a moment to digest it. Well, not too bad. No worse than a lot of their Hunters have done. A new social order requires a degree of starting over at any rate.
    "Very well. I believe there is nothing damning here. I assume the skills you would bring to the force would be strength and physical toughness."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Troll in the Playground

Yay!! Bianca goes off to get something to eat, then heads back to where she can easily see the floating castle, finds a nice place to eat and watches it until she's finished eating.

If no one disturbs her while she does this, she'll approach the first decend looking citizen that crosses her path and points to the sky. Hey, who lives up there? she asks conversationally. Must be some filthy rich aristocrat, am I right?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Lucius can probably see that Valente looks rather worried about all this. This entire situation is a mess. The vampire just shrugged at Lucius. He'd have to explain after Sekai was gone.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, we'll call the Enforcers and they'll do something." Nadia says. The last things she wanted was Irena risking herself for this. "But first, what should our last question be." Just stay calm. It'll be fine. Unfortuantely, Nadia doesn't feel very calm.

"Sure, something like that. I just thought it'd be a good way to get 'gifts' for each other, because I know I'm terrible at buying regular gifts." Nadia says.

[Astrana's Room]

"Okay, I can try." Cynthia has no clue how he's actually going to catch rats, but she'll give it a shot. The little demon pushes herself off her seat and walks out of the room. It'll be a while before she returns.

[Evolution Industries]

Ramiro chuckles a little. "Very good, then. We'll speak again soon. Good day, Mr Halley." Unless there's anything else, Ramiro nods to DC and will take his leave.

8. - Top - End - #128

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Eastside - Disturbance]

Jeu gets a bit of a look from Andromeda at the shoulder-slap, but the silver-haired, dusky-skinned young woman shrugs, and heads into the building. The Testificatesogreoid workers get a brief look before her attention turned to Tibatha, and she takes the offered hand, shaking firmly.

"Andromeda Myslyvets," she introduces herself. "I hope we can quickly and satisfactorarily resolve the issue with a minimum of fuss."
    [Eastside - Disturbance]

Jeu takes the hand for a shake as well.

"I'm Jeu." he sais. Since Andromeda said all needed he has nothing toadd. He will start to look around. He don't want to miss anything that may be important.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

9. - Top - End - #129

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"You will return here as soon as the meeting is done Valente, I'm not finished with you yet." Sekai states before walking off.

Lucius just looks questioningly at Valente, assuming he's going to explain. It might be noted there are more members that are looking at him however.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Not sure." Irena replies curtly, still boiling with rage. "Maybe where they are staying so we can make exbourne arrest them or something?"

"So what did you have in mind?" Irena asks curiously.

[Astrana's Room]

Meanwhile Astrana prepares the protection spell, if Cynthia could bring enough rats, she might be able to step inside the darkness without that subconscious harming her or taking over her mind.

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"So do I." The demon agrees before turning towards her clinic. "But as you can see, it's still somewhat of a mess. those people over there are watching my every move." She states with a gesture towards the burning light followers who currently are pouring up some cups of some cups of warm liquid from a thermos to each other. Apparently they are planning to stay here for some time.

"In any case, there really isn't any reason to fear what we do here. Our alternations are completely reversible after all. The clinic have access to dragon scales." She explains while starting to lead them towards the building.

Jeu will probably not be able to see many people around besides the workers and the protesters. The inside of the clinic is hard to see from here, it's glass windows reflecting the grey skies this dull early morning.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Come on, let's go." Is all Valente says for now. Assuming Lucius leads the way, the vampire will start talking after they're away from the others. "You might as well not ask. I can't really tell you much beyond that I'm in trouble for going somewhere I shouldn't have."

[Suncrest Manor]

"Yeah, sure. That's a good idea. Ask that." Nadia says. Maybe this could be dealt with quickly.

"Weeeell." Nadia looks thoughtful for a moment. "I was thinking that you and I could go on a date. You know, a fancy supper, we can get you dressed up all fancy..." She grins a clearly evil grin.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

The dryad and the devil-in-disguise will find Cole lying on the ground, with a few very large bees crawling on him - about the size of rats. Mori the dog is asleep nearby. Cole is wearing only a loincloth. He's tanned a bit all over, and has put on a little bit of muscle. He actually is starting to look his actual age of 15 now.

"He looks harmless, for a human,"
    Jeanne says to Aconia. "What are the things on him?"
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

Scora smiles broadly as they come across Cole. She looks at him admiringly, but her eyes only linger for a moment before she glances at Jeanne. "They're bees of course." She says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

The dryad moves over to Cole quietly and positions herself at his head. "Hey there, sleepy head." When he opens his eyes, Scora's smiling face will greet him.

[Astrana's Room]

Cynthia returns a while later. She holds a bucket with a piece of plywood over the top. Sounds of movement come from within. It looks like she was successful, but not without some difficulty. The little demon has several scratches and bites on her arms. Black blood drips down her arms from a few of these wounds. She's dirty too, but at least she thought to change into her tshirt, so that's ruined instead of her dress.

"I got three, Astrana." She says proudly. Astrana might be struck by a strong feeling that she should help and comfort the wounded little girl that will amplify and grow from any similar feelings Astrana has on her own.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

The half-ogre takes a moment to digest it. Well, not too bad. No worse than a lot of their Hunters have done. A new social order requires a degree of starting over at any rate.
    "Very well. I believe there is nothing damning here. I assume the skills you would bring to the force would be strength and physical toughness."

"Yeah, but I like to think I'm pretty smart, too. Let's be honest here: you're only going to start fights when things have gone horribly wrong. The rest of the time you either try to keep fights from happening or stop fights that are already going on. I like to think that I'm good at those things: putting a decisive end to fights or discouraging them from happening. Keep things civil because no one wants to be in the same room as an uncivil krogan, right?"

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

[Wildside]

Scora smiles broadly as they come across Cole. She looks at him admiringly, but her eyes only linger for a moment before she glances at Jeanne. "They're bees of course." She says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

The dryad moves over to Cole quietly and positions herself at his head. "Hey there, sleepy head." When he opens his eyes, Scora's smiling face will greet him.
    "Those are not normal bees," Jeanne says, but then she sees how Scora reacts to Cole. Oh ho ho! So the little dryad has a crush! Now this is a topic Jeanne knows all about.

Cole blinks awake. "Hi Scora." About this time, Mori gets a sniff of stranger and wakes up - instantly alert, and barking at Jeanne.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #135

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Yay!! Bianca goes off to get something to eat, then heads back to where she can easily see the floating castle, finds a nice place to eat and watches it until she's finished eating.

If no one disturbs her while she does this, she'll approach the first decend looking citizen that crosses her path and points to the sky. Hey, who lives up there? she asks conversationally. Must be some filthy rich aristocrat, am I right?

The elderly woman looks curiously at Bianca as she walks up to her. "That flying thing? I heard there are vampires living up there actually. I had hoped this part of town could be clear of such things, as if westside wasn't enough." She states with a irritated glare at the flying building.

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Well, you might not even remember whatever that is you know soon enough if you're meeting with the shadow vampire." Lucius comments as they walk down the corridor, soon coming to a set of stairs.

[Suncrest Manor]

"So where are these ****** staying?" Irena asks and for the last time the murmurs reply. The next moment the witch's cell phone lit up the washing room as she's scrolling down to find exbournes number and call it.

"...you actually want that?" Irena raises an eyebrow.

[Astrana's Room]

"Oh dear, are you hurt?" Astrana asks, kneeling down in front of Cynthia. "Let me look at your hands."

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

*shakes fist at ninja SC* Will edit.

[Wildside]

Scora winces when Mori starts barking. "Hey hey. Quiet you. No barking." She scolds the dog, though there's very little real bite in her tone. "Jeanne's allowed to be here."
    Last edited by Gullara; 2012-12-04 at 12:41 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

"Yeah, but I like to think I'm pretty smart, too. Let's be honest here: you're only going to start fights when things have gone horribly wrong. The rest of the time you either try to keep fights from happening or stop fights that are already going on. I like to think that I'm good at those things: putting a decisive end to fights or discouraging them from happening. Keep things civil because no one wants to be in the same room as an uncivil krogan, right?"
    "That is an apt description," the Hunter says. "Very well. I believe you're eligible for futher evaluation. There is a short process in which we judge your skills, attitude and applicability in more detail."
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Troll in the Playground

The elderly woman looks curiously at Bianca as she walks up to her. "That flying thing? I heard there are vampires living up there actually. I had hoped this part of town could be clear of such things, as if westside wasn't enough." She states with a irritated glare at the flying building.
    Vampires? When'd vampires get here? She looks around, studying the architecture. This is such a lovely city. Are there any homes for sale? Then lowers her voice. And any rumors of a secret society? she keeps a smile on her face, as if it's just a normal conversation.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Valente looks startled at him. "What do you mean?" Oh no, this doesn't sound good at all. Dammit, what is he going to do?

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia sits down and waits for Irena to be done. she tries not to worry too much, despite the situation.

When Irena makes the call, an unfamiliar male voice answers. "Tenebras, how can I help you?"

"Well it's not something I'd do normally, but I kinda want to do it at least once." Nadia says with a shrug. "It'll be fun, I promise."

[Astrana's Room]

Cynthia puts the bucket down and holds out her arms. "One of them bit me, and they have sharp claws." She explains. These rats weren't the most docile animals unsurprisingly.

20. - Top - End - #140

[Fourth Tower Compound]

"Oh, everyone knows that if you make a visit to Lord Harolds room, he will suck out all your memories and replace them with whatever he likes you to know. No one remembers it of course, they just come back believing they just had a conversation with him." He replies as they start to walk up the stairs.

[Suncrest Manor]

"This is Irena and there are two crazy murderers staying at the flying horse inn who are planning to murder my girlfriend Nadia Rizzo. They must be arrested before they have the chance." She states remarkably calmly.

The flying horse inn lies in northside.

"Oookay. If you want to. I'd probably make an ass of myself though." She did beg outside a few fancy restaurants in what feels like an lifetime ago.

[Astrana's Room]

Astrana kneels down before Cynthia and takes a gentle hold of the demons arms to look at them carefully. "They don't look too bad, but there might be a chance of an infection unless you demons are immune to disease. Are you?" She looks up into her eyes with concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Vampires? When'd vampires get here? She looks around, studying the architecture. This is such a lovely city. Are there any homes for sale? Then lowers her voice. And any rumors of a secret society? she keeps a smile on her face, as if it's just a normal conversation.
    "These vampires or those in Westside? Not sure it matters, my cousin told me they're really all the same kind. Weird creatures those are." The woman replies. Her next question leaves her thinking a bit however. "Well, there is that hat society, but I'm pretty sure that's just a myth." She replies quietly.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-04 at 02:23 PM.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

[Fourth Tower Compound]

Valente doesn't reply to that. If that was true they'd do it to Sylvia too, wouldn't they? It's probably just Lucius screwing with him. He can't help but be worried still, though.

[Suncrest Manor]

"Alright, hold for a moment. I'm going to connect you with the Enforcers." There's a short delay before a new voice answers.

"Miss Irena? I've been updated on the situation. I'm afraid that if that's where they are now, they're out of our jurisdiction. We can watch for them and arrest them when they enter Westside, however. Can you provide a description of them?"

"Don't be ridiculous. You're far too amazing for that." Nadia gives Irena a peck on the lips. "And don't forget you get to pick something for us to do too. Whatever you want. Oh, and my birthdays was a month ago, so we can do this stuff any time." She chuckles.

[Astrana's Room]

"Um, I dunno." Cynthia shrugs. "I've never been sick before." She says. Probably not a guarantee of anything, though.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

*shakes fist at ninja SC* Will edit.

[Wildside]

Scora winces when Mori starts barking. "Hey hey. Quiet you. No barking." She scolds the dog, though there's very little real bite in her tone. "Jeanne's allowed to be here."
    Mori stops barking, but Jeanne hops into a tree as Mori approaches. Mori is growling. Grrr. Bad devil smell! Can't his boy and his tree-girl smell what's wrong? Grrrr!

"Hey, back off, Mori," Cole says. "Sorry, Ma'am, my dog doesn't normally act like this." Maybe that should tell you something, huh Cole?

"Oh, it's okay. I'll just stay here till she gets used to me," Jeanne says.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

[Wildside]

Scora slithers in front of Mori and puts her hands on her hips. "No more barking." She pets him in what she hopes is a reassuring way. "She's really nice most of the time. I'm sure she'll warm up to you."

"Anyway, Jeanne, this is Cole, Cole this is Jeanne. She's gonna be around here for a while and I'm in charge of her."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hunter Recruitment Center

"Alright. Where to?" Kragx asks. He'll go where he's told, unless the directions are weird.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"So do I." The demon agrees before turning towards her clinic. "But as you can see, it's still somewhat of a mess. those people over there are watching my every move." She states with a gesture towards the burning light followers who currently are pouring up some cups of some cups of warm liquid from a thermos to each other. Apparently they are planning to stay here for some time.

"In any case, there really isn't any reason to fear what we do here. Our alternations are completely reversible after all. The clinic have access to dragon scales." She explains while starting to lead them towards the building.

Jeu will probably not be able to see many people around besides the workers and the protesters. The inside of the clinic is hard to see from here, it's glass windows reflecting the grey skies this dull early morning.
    "I see." Andromeda frowns a bit, and shakes her head. "What exactly do the dragon scales do, again? I'm not entirely up to speed on the details," she explains politely.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

26. - Top - End - #146

[Eastside - Disturbance]

Well I thought we are already in the building.

"In which way do you have access to dragon scales?"

Even this can be important. Maybe they just imprison them or worst.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

27. - Top - End - #147

[Suncrest Manor]

"Don't 'miss' me if you can't do a damn about it. You'd rather hang around our home for days, maybe weeks, rather then actually deal with the problem? Geez! What if we you know, like to leave the house or something? My girlfriend is about to get murdered here!" She doesn't sound particularly pleased. "So who do have authorization over northside then?" Perhaps Nadia should have made this call...

"Dunno what that would be, but I can probably think of something." Irena replies with a faint smile.

[Astrana's Room]

"Better that you take a shower then and make sure to clean those wounds, alright?" She states with a concerned look at Cynthia.

[Malechenar]

"I'd be more worried honestly." He comments as they go up yet another set of stairs and there are a lot of them. Upward they go, always upwards until Valente can through one of the many stained glass windows can see they are going up the tallest section of the castle. The city down below looking increasingly tiny and unimportant.

Finally they reach a small hall where they are stopped by a rather familiar figure in a hood. "Lord Harold is expecting you." It murmurs.

[Eastside - Disturbance]

"I'm sorry, I thought they had already kept you up to date with what we do." Tibatha says with a look at the hunter. "The dragon scales which we buy from another company that specialize in them can reverse the transfiguration we perform here in case our clients regret their decision. So far however, the clients who have taken that decision have been minimal. The disadvantages are very small really." She explains while starting to walk in after the troll-ish fellows carrying the boxes.
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2012-12-05 at 09:49 AM.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

There's a brief pause before the man replies. "Alright, listen here. We can't do anything for you, but I can point you to someone who can. You'll need to bring money, though."

"Oh dear. Should I be worried?" Nadia asks with mock worry. "You wouldn't take advantage of me with this, would you?"

[Astrana's Room]

"Okay Astrana." Cynthia glances at the bucket. "Was three rats enough?" She looks up at the tiefling hopefully.

[Malechenar]

Valente swallows hard. "Alright, I guess I'd better not keep him waiting." Valente nods at the hooded figure.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

"These vampires or those in Westside? Not sure it matters, my cousin told me they're really all the same kind. Weird creatures those are." The woman replies. Her next question leaves her thinking a bit however. "Well, there is that hat society, but I'm pretty sure that's just a myth." She replies quietly.
    Bianca frowns slightly. Last I heard, there were no vampires in Riverside. Period. What happened to the nice safe mafia run city I used to love? She pouts. She looks over the woman, trying to decide if her leg's being pulled. Hat society? I'm not certain that is the same evil slave cult I'm looking for.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-12-05 at 02:00 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Troll in the Playground

Wildside

[Wildside]

Scora slithers in front of Mori and puts her hands on her hips. "No more barking." She pets him in what she hopes is a reassuring way. "She's really nice most of the time. I'm sure she'll warm up to you."

"Anyway, Jeanne, this is Cole, Cole this is Jeanne. She's gonna be around here for a while and I'm in charge of her."
    Mori nuzzles against Scora and whines softly. She's a devil! Scary!

Cole twitches a little at this strange woman being given his name - his actual name! - but he doesn't object. He's trying to overcome his upbringing. "I am honoured to meet you, ma'am," he says. Okay, he's still got a long way to go.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs