New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Riverside 11

The Gutted Fish

Argon's patience is already lost, so I suppose it's only fair he returns some of that annoyance upon Enshadu. Good. When can you deliver the weapons?
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

[Quest to find Secret Slave Society]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    "I love hats!" Comes the reply followed by a pause. "I'd let you in, but I'm a bit all over the place right now, can you wait some minutes? You could tell me how much you love hats in the meantime, I love meeting like-minded people."
    Sure. I can wait. she pauses, thinking about how much she loves hats. How does one explain? I love how they keep my hair dry when it's raining. The way certain hats accent perfectly with the outfit I'm wearing. And all the varieties. There are berets, fedoras, western, bucket hats, trilbies. Oh, I love trilbies. The right girl in a trilby, just melts me. She's running out of things to say. Uh, how about you?
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2012-12-10 at 07:52 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #213
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    The Gutted Fish

Argon's patience is already lost, so I suppose it's only fair he returns some of that annoyance upon Enshadu. Good. When can you deliver the weapons?
    Enshadu nods slowly. In a week you will have five shipments of one hundred E14's. Delivered to wherever you wish, by me. You will use these weapons to destroy Magtok, with me. Understand?

4. - Top - End - #214

The Gutted Fish

And we will be calling the shots in this operation. Our lives on the line, our rules, understand? Argon's gets to his feet again, this time with a more final air. We'll have the battleplan ready when you deliver the weapons.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ogre in the Playground

The Gutted Fish

And we will be calling the shots in this operation. Our lives on the line, our rules, understand? Argon's gets to his feet again, this time with a more final air. We'll have the battleplan ready when you deliver the weapons.
    Enshadu nods. Fine! Deal...you have a deal...But, I am to be included in this operation. I will kill Magtok. He deserves...repayment, I want one of him. Alive. Fine, a week. Where shall I ship them to?

6. - Top - End - #216

[Eastside Disturbance]

"If it's not to much, we should look at every Room we pass."

Jeu will place the stuff back in the box as far as possible without wasting to much time.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #217

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Malechenar]

"I don't know everything, but I'm stronger, faster, my senses are more keen. And I've noticed that any sort of wounds I get heal very fast, but I've never had anything worse than a small cut." He explains.

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia laughs nervously. Macario gives them both a funny look, like he can't quite figure something out. Between the pregnancy, Irena and what she's said, and Nadia's odd appearance, this is all rather puzzling.

"Right then. I suppose we'd better not keep you." He says to Irena. "Nadia will be kept safe, though you may want to consider staying here yourself. You never know if these people would try and get to Nadia through you." He recommends.

[Suncrest Manor - Some Other Time]

Nadia frowns a little. "I thought you'd said you were forced to stay at that mental hospital." The concern is evident in Nadia's tone when she brings that up. She knows that that wasn't a happy time in her life in the slightest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    "A dangerous route. The power hasn't been able to break your wards, yet, but that may be because it isn't fully integrated into Eadelain." the mental Astrana stands up, and looks back at the real Astrana. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Eastside Disturbance]

"Likely a good idea. After all, while a person is smart, people are dumb, cowardly animals," Andromeda sighs with a nod, before giving Tibatha a tired smile. "We would appreciate that, yes, if you could?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post

Sure. I can wait. she pauses, thinking about how much she loves hats. How does one explain? I love how they keep my hair dry when it's raining. The way certain hats accent perfectly with the outfit I'm wearing. And all the varieties. There are berets, fedoras, western, bucket hats, trilbies. Oh, I love trilbies. The right girl in a trilby, just melts me. She's running out of things to say. Uh, how about you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Eastside Disturbance]

"If it's not to much, we should look at every Room we pass."

Jeu will place the stuff back in the box as far as possible without wasting to much time.
    [Suncrest Manor]

"Now you're worried about me too? Geez, I will be alright people." Irena insists, though she would pay to hear Nadia explain this to Macario, but here she was supposed to met these people. "Anyway, I'll be back as soon as possible, you won't have to wait long!" She says before attempting to give Nadia a quick kiss and head out the door to go to the meeting place. The kiss is partly to tease Nadia.

"Uh... yeah, but aren't they sort of the same thing?" Though the more she thinks about it, maybe not. "You don't have to be concerned about it though Nadia."

((I'm going to see the Hobbit now so I'll post i all other places after that.))

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia returns the kiss, but she glances at the Enforcers out of the corner of her eye. Macario looks obviously put off, while Renato looks as impassive as he has since they got there. Even so, the lampades gives Irena's a hand a squeeze before she departs. "Come back soon."

Once Irena is gone, she leads the two Enforcers inside to discuss how this was going to work.

Nadia shakes her head at Irena's question, but she doesn't explain further right that second. "Of course I have to be concerned. Everything that causes you any kind of pain is my concern, and I'll always be here to help you in any way I can."

9. - Top - End - #219

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Enshadu nods. Fine! Deal...you have a deal...But, I am to be included in this operation. I will kill Magtok. He deserves...repayment, I want one of him. Alive. Fine, a week. Where shall I ship them to?
    "Hamlet. Little village about eighty miles northwest of here." Depending on the day. Distance can shift easily in the Nexus.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hamlet. Little village about eighty miles northwest of here." Depending on the day. Distance can shift easily in the Nexus.
    Enshadu nods. Fine. Consdier it done, you'll have your weapons in a week. I assume you're going to leave now? Lead the way...

11. - Top - End - #221

"I like them hiiigh as a house! A true beaver made of beaver ornate with gold and the musk from a crocodile! Can you imagine such a hat? Or a trilby made of dragon skin with the soft insides of a werebear. If it hadn't been murder, I would have made such hats right now!" She explains. "Do you have any hats with you? I really like to look at them."

[Suncrest Manor]

Irena hopes the discussion is caught by the security cameras as she starts to head towards the meeting place she was directed to, keeping an eye out for mysterious strangers.

[Malechenar]

"And what caused these changes?" Harold asks.

"Yeah, but it's not important Nadia. It was years ago after all. Let's concentrate on something else, like what we're going to eat tonight." Irena says with a faint smile.

[Eastside Disturbance]

"Of course." The demon replies. "This way if you please..." She will then lead them through a short corridor into a room guarded by a very thick door which appears to be newly installed. The room is perfectly white and perfectly sterile. "Here the injection chamber will be. As you see we already installed the door, but here there is going to be a seat where we inject our clienst are we sedated them, just in case. Violent transformations are very rare but for the safety of our staff and clients we prefer to keep them under check a few hours before we let them out. We also run some check ups with clients after we released them so there aren't any other problems." She explains.

Mindscape

"I know it's dangerous, but by the same logic, her unconscious will only grow more powerful and harder to reach the longer I wait until it might actually start hurting people. So far it's my best lead to figure this out."

12. - Top - End - #222
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mindscape

Mind Astrana looks back down at the hole.

Hmm

"It doesn't seem to be Growing stronger." What? "Eadelain got a... look at it when you tried hypnosis. And through my lens, I can see that it's not actually growing stronger. How do I say this? It's like two or three bottles connected by airtight valves, and one is full of a high-pressure gas. You open the first valve a bit, and the gas begins to spread into the next container. The amount of gas isn't changing, but it's in a larger area, and hypothetically could have a larger effect."

Disturbingly, as Mental Astrana has this revelation, dark shadowy stuff flows up her legs and back, into her head. Mental Astrana herself looks unchanged, but appears to be unaware of this.

13. - Top - End - #223

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Enshadu nods. Fine. Consdier it done, you'll have your weapons in a week. I assume you're going to leave now? Lead the way...
    Argon nods curtly, then heads up the stairs with his brother following along. The two soldiers at the shopfront scan the street outside for threats, one of them poking his head out the door to look upwards, in case the gargoyles are waiting in the sky.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

[Suncrest Manor => Meeting Place]

Irena has to go a ways to get tot he meeting place. Driving would have been easier, but walking is far less potentially disastrous. She arrives at the address and finds that it's a small grocery store. One you'd expect to be family owned or something like that.

"Alright, Irena." Nadia concedes willingly. She wasn't going to push Irena to talk about it if she didn't want to. Maybe some other time. "As for supper, maybe we should try cooking something. We did plan on doing that after all."

[Malechenar]

"I'd... rather not talk about i if that's fine with you. It's a part of my life I want to put behind me. It was another person here in the Nexus, though." Valente says.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Troll in the Playground

"I like them hiiigh as a house! A true beaver made of beaver ornate with gold and the musk from a crocodile! Can you imagine such a hat? Or a trilby made of dragon skin with the soft insides of a werebear. If it hadn't been murder, I would have made such hats right now!" She explains. "Do you have any hats with you? I really like to look at them."
    Oh really? Those are, uh, some really fantastic sounding hats.

I do have some hats with me, never know when you may need a specific toper. though, I don't have any nearly as extravagant as the ones you just described.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Argon nods curtly, then heads up the stairs with his brother following along. The two soldiers at the shopfront scan the street outside for threats, one of them poking his head out the door to look upwards, in case the gargoyles are waiting in the sky.
    Enshadu just walks straight forward, not afraid of anything, before disappearing.

17. - Top - End - #227

[Suncrest Manor => Meeting Place]

Irena peers inside the store window before she cautiously enters it to see what's in there.

"That's fine, should I send scabbers to get them for you? I think I need a few more moments. Need to redo all my stitches." The voice replies.

[Malechenar]

"I ensure you that I don't want to invade your private life, but Rhye have ensures me that the nature of this change is very important. So without mentioning any names, do you know what cased this effect?" The vampire asks.

[Outside the tavern]

As Eshadu and the soldiers leave, the gargoyles are still out there, perched upon nearby buildings, looking down at the group without as much as moving. Still like statues they watch them slowly leave.

They are however, not alone as something underneath the ground is stirring, following the group underneath their feet.

Mindscape

Astrana shudders noticeably. She wanted to solve this, but what of the wards didn't held? She had no idea what that black stuff actually did, but it probably wasn't anything good. What if she was infected without even knowing it? The mind Astrana didn't seem to notice. "Still, it spreads and that isn't good. If your parable is correct, the darkness probably is less condense it other areas..." She wasn't sure how much more she should tell her counterpart considering the darkness might be controlling now or something.

"I want to make tacos." Irena suggests. "I bought some taco bread yesterday... that's what they call it right? Taco bread?"

18. - Top - End - #228
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mindscape

"Or this might be the least dense area, or it could be one of the denser ones. It's impossible to say, especially with this mindscape. It's interesting that the natural mindscape is a riverside projection, but it also makes sense considering her amnesia."

The black has stopped flowing into her, presumably since Mind Astrana isn't thinking about the darkness anymore? This is confusing and foreboding.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

[Eastside Disturbance]

Andromeda eyes the Installation Room with a mild expression of distaste. "I suppose that's logical enough. I presume that any...violence, would subside once the transformation is complete."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Place]

Irena will first see an old man standing behind the counter near the door. His hair has long since went grey, though it must have been very light to begin with, and there are more than a few wrinkles marking his skin. He's not helping anyone at the moment, but rather arranging the candy bar display.

Standing over by the coolers is a young girl, no older than ten. She's a scrawny little thing and has a short bob of blond hair. As Irena looks at her, she hefts one of several milk jugs off the floor and puts them in the cooler.

Lastly, there is an elderly couple poking around the shelves and putting a few items into a small cart. Looks like they're picking up a few groceries.

When the man at the counter notices the witch, he adjusts his glasses and greets her with a smile. "Is there anything I can help you with?"

[Suncrest Manor]

Nadia leads the two men inside and to the dining room. "So, can I get you anything?" She offers.

"That's fine." Macario says. "So this is all... Irena's? That was her name, right?" He gestures vaguely at the house around them.

"...Yes." Nadia answers hesitantly.

"So what are you two, some kind of item?"

Nadia purses her lips. "She's my fiancée."

Macario is obviously surprised to hear that, and even Renato looks at her suddenly, although his expression is impossible to read behind his helmet. "And the baby?"

"It's complicated, and I wouldn't want to talk to you about it anyway." Nadia curls her arms around her stomach.

"I can't say I like the idea of a child being raised in an environment like this. What kind of ideas would they get?"

Nadia winces, as if she'd been struck physically. "Who asked you anyway?"

The vampire snorts. "No one, I suppose."

"Just... just do your job." Nadia stalks out of the room before he can say another word. She leans against the wall in the next room. "Leave me alone."

"Tortillas." Nadia corrects. "And that sounds great. I think we need cheese, hamburger, tomatoes, lettuce maybe, I've only had them, like, once before. And I never made them either. They look pretty easy, though."

[Malechenar]

Valente shakes his head. "I really don't know the exact cause, just how it happened." He says.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

"That's fine, should I send scabbers to get them for you? I think I need a few more moments. Need to redo all my stitches." The voice replies.
    Redo all your stitches? No, no. I'll just sit down here and wait, if that's okay with you. Without waiting for an answer, Bianca sits down. She reaches into a nearby shadow and, after a moment of scrounging, pulls out an old cowboy hat badly in need of repair. It's a dark red suede, with a black leather band around the crown that is partially torn off.

She then reaches into another part of the shadow, as if choosing another pocket, and after a moment pulls out a set of needles and black thread. And so she begins trying to fix her ancient, worn only once before, hat.*Stab* Ow! grumble grumble. Stupid frickin' needle. she sticks her thumb in her mouth, to soothe the fresh pin-prick.

22. - Top - End - #232

[Meeting Place]

Irena strolls towards the counter, looking around the place. So this was one of those mafia restaurants huh? "Yeah..." She says while leaning conspiratorially towards the counter. "I heard you could buy certain... favors here." She basically went with all the accumulated knowledge she had of mobster movies here. You needed a lot of ellipsis if you wanted to be suggestive.

"We need hamburgers for tacos? Won't that be like eating hamburgers then?" The witch asks with a raised eyebrow. How confusing.

[Malechenar]

"Valente, what you say stay between us. I'm not interested in your past, just in this condition. The fourth tower have expressed interest in it as well so they might soon ask you the same questions. I can promise you however that the information you share will be treated very confidentially if you feel the need of privacy. Secrecy is something of a specialty of mine." Harold argues.

Mindscape

"Yes, with nothing there she projects what she see instead." Astrana agrees, suddenly realizing that this might count as talking to herself. "In any case, what would happen if you stepped inside that void? You're technically a part of her mind after all." Or was the mind-Astrana a part of her that manifested separately when she entered the mind? No, that wouldn't make much sense.

"Okay, just give me a few moment moments dear." The female voice replies. As Bianca is mumbling it speaks up again however. "Did you say something? I'm almost done!"

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mindscape

"I... true."

She seems to think for a bit. Unlike last time, there isn't an insightful revelation... or a stream of shadows.

"Presumably, I'm her subconscious projection of you, what she thinks of you, who she thinks you are. Going in there... might alter me, and from there what she thinks of you. And, of course, considering that we know that this power is connected to Eadelain's subconsciousness in some way, it might actually change you. Especially while you're connected to her mind like this. However, this might not be a risk. I don't know. Have you tried introducing anything else to the power?"

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Place]

The man gives her a puzzled look. "Flavours? Flavours of what? I'm not sure I understand what you mean." So much for that working.

"Not hamburgers. I mean ground beef. I think there's some kind of seasoning you get for it too." Nadia clarifies. "We can probably look it up."

[Malechenar]

Valente sighs. "Alright. It was the leader of AMEN, Ilpholin, that did it. Besides that and what I told you already, that's all I know."

25. - Top - End - #235

[Meeting Place]

"No, favors... I need something done and I heard that this was the place to go to." Now she just felt clumsy.

"Ah, right. That makes more sense." She replies, and the scene can probably fade out now.

[Malechenar]

"So you don't know how she did it?" Harold continues to question, his tone completely neutral, not betraying any hints of how likely he might think this really is.

Mindscape

"I really wish I could, the only thing I have been able to try are books and they return to the same place where they were, but tainted with that inky substance. Theoretically I could attempts to use the mindscape's representation of Cynthia... but I couldn't do that." She says with a glance at the little demon. "The idea however is that the wards are supposed to protect me from such influence when I go there."

26. - Top - End - #236
    Dwarf in the Playground

Mindscape

"It hasn't been able to break wards, yet. It has tried, though. If Eadelain wakes up too much, it may try again." She looks over her shoulder in the general direction of Eadelain's mental room. "Of course, we aren't trying to communicate with it in the material realm this time. You aren't. I'm not?"

The world may never know, Eadelain's Notion of Astrana. With luck this will be the only time such pronoun troubles are an issue.

27. - Top - End - #237

Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Eastside Disturbance]

Andromeda eyes the Installation Room with a mild expression of distaste. "I suppose that's logical enough. I presume that any...violence, would subside once the transformation is complete."
    [Eastside Disturbance]

"So how rare exactly are these violent transformation?"

Jeu asks as he watches the room, poking the walls.

"Did these people apear more aggressive then before?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

[Meeting Place]

"Oh, I'm sorry. My hearing's going in my old age. You want my son. I think he's in the back right now." The man points to a door at the back of the store. "Go right ahead. You should be able to find him fine."

Nadia gets off Irena's lap and pulls her to her feet. "Let's go see what we can do." And they do indeed go to prepare tacos off screen.

[Malechenar]

"She ah... well, she bit me." Valente says awkwardly. He really wishes she never had to talk about this.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Troll in the Playground

"Okay, just give me a few more moments dear." The female voice replies. As Bianca is mumbling it speaks up again however. "Did you say something? I'm almost done!"
    Bianca rolls her eyes, when the mystery lady announces it'll be "a few more moments", then gets back to her needle work. It was nothing. Just jabbed myself with a needle. Bianca answers the question.

But the whole time she's thinking nasty thoughts against the hat woman. Something along the lines of evisceration.

30. - Top - End - #240

[Eastside Disturbance]

"Less then 10 % of our clients." Tibatha explains. "As for aggression, that's the reason we are trying to check up our clients mentally both before and after the process. If there are signs of aggression however, we suggest that they should revert back. They usually don't listen to our advice however, I can't recall a single case where someone have wanted to return back to the way they were actually."

As Bianca is sitting there, the door suddenly opens, revealing a woman in a gigantic purple top hat. Her skin is grey with black combed hair which hangs just past her shoulders. She looks kind of dead frankly, even if you look past the grey skin there are visible stitches across her arms which are a different color then the rest of her body.The green turtleneck she's wearing might even cover up more such stitches. "Hello! Come on in!" She exclaims with a wide smile.

[Meeting Place]

"Ah, right." The door in the back, now this was more like it. She casually walks up to it and enters as if she was working there, this was the place where they hid all the bodies she mused.

[Malechenar]

"So she injected you with something through the bite? Or was it more like a sea vampires kiss?" Harold asks.