New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default The Archmagister Prime

Rand is a particularly interesting thing. Although certainly not the first Arcane Incarnation, he was the first to achieve a form beyond that, an embodiment of arcane mystery beyond that which the mightiest archmages, even Arcane Incarnations can't even begin to fathom. He was even the first to achieve the level beyond even that, the so-called Cosmic Incarnation. He is at such a level that he embodies the finite, the infinite and the transfinite. The Alpha and the Omega. To call him a mage is a severe understatement. He is Magic. To stand against him is to forfeit your privilege of existance, since your soul is just a magical phenomenon. Your ability to use magic is out of the question.

Yet here he sits. Well, his avatar sits. His true self is gazing into the transfinite on his personal Demiplane. A Humanoid whose skin gleams a reflective sheen that depicts the furies of the cosmos. Presiding over yet another of the Archmagister's council meeting. The labrynthine plots of Archmagisters trying to one-up each other, the fiery rhetoric of Ecclesiarchial Archmagisters "debating" the merits of their sect, and if he's lucky he can hear one or two of the hundreds of Archmagisters actually using some arcanobabble to discuss some random theorum of some sort. Just another day in the Archmagister's Chambers. Part of the infrastructure that predates even Rand himself.

Old High Aios, as it's affectionately called, is a part of a hyperdimensional infrastructure that housed High Aios millenia before Rand was even born, let alone was Archmagister Prime. The most peculiar thing about Old High Aios is that it looks different depending on who looks at it, as the structure will generate an image based on the pre-conceived images in the creature's mind. Only Rand has seen what High Aios actually looks like. Some see an ornate capital dome, some see a magnificent ice and crystal cathedral, and some have just seen someone's ridiculously oversized house.

For the moment, Rand's Avatar, who for all intents and purposes IS Rand, is quite bored. He's already deciphered the pattern hidden in the chaos of this Archmagister's Council meeting and is just waiting for some excuse to get out of there. Not that anyone had any right or ability to stop him from doing whatever he wanted but that would be rude. And the Archmagister Prime wasn't in the mood for being rude.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The Archmagister Prime

First thing you detect after casting a few detection spells (which reveal no eminent danger) is a strange hard to notice mist not seeming to be made of water that will evaporate upon being examined and recondense after. A while after examining you hear a very loud yell from very far off (by very I mean that it can be heard faintly from 2/5 of the way around the world).
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

3. - Top - End - #3

With a simple flick of his wrist, the Archmagister, in the time it would take ordinary mages to cast one spell, opens up 250 scrying portals for him to scour over, looking over visually what his senses can detect audibly. Preferably, looking for the source of the scream. As the embodiment of magic, he is able to look through all the portals simultaneously as if they were his own eyes.

Of course only now does Rand realize how desperate he is. People scream all over this oversized rock all the time. What is it with this one that demanded his attention? In the time it takes to read this sentence, 47 people will have screamed for whatever reason in the floating island-city of Virtuous.

Spoiler
    Show

He can actually do that.

4. - Top - End - #4

You see a giant of giant proportions hammering his ironclad fist with his other fist and he is having a hard time cold fusing a new piece of iron onto the cold iron ball surrounding his right fist.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

5. - Top - End - #5

Oh hey! Did you guys hear that? The Avatar apparently says out of the blue before zipping off at hyperluminal speeds towards the giant giant.

Moving faster than the speed of light provides the unintended benefit of being able to appear as if out of thin air, which works surprisingly well for social situations. Arriving at the scene, he can pretty easily find the giant giant. Not really ever one to be looked down upon, Rand's Avatar hovers in the air at eye level to the creature, arms crossed. Heeey! What's up? I heard you from like 400,000 miles away.

6. - Top - End - #6

A smaller yet still giant, storm giant speaks for his larger partner as he squishes more metal to his fist. Hello mon ami, waves his hand at his larger friend and his eyes glow and is now in a trance. The Bivore was just doing some arts and crafts.

7. - Top - End - #7

I see. Bivore...he...eats two things? The miniature cosmic being muses. Barely taller than a normal sized man however everything below the abdomen trails off into nebulae that glows with the light of newborn stars. Furthermore, the avatar totally called it, this one screaming did demand his attention. He had no doubt that, in their own way, these beings are at least in their own ways equatable in power to Rand's manifestation.

Anyways, I digress. A lot. But...I don't think we've met and you look way too composed to be an Archmagister Ecclesiarch. My name's Rand. He extends a hand out to the Storm Giant, a massive two-fingered (three if you count the thumb) hand made of impossible amounts of arcane energy manifests between himself and the Storm Giant, open and ready to meet the Giant's grasp.

8. - Top - End - #8

The giant shakes adjusting the strength of the hand shake to what this hand will allow. I take it you are new here as well mon ami. I would be happy to share some advice and a reward, for a favor.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-11-30 at 02:32 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

Yeah. Funny thing happened. I was just chillin' in my demiplane and BAM!! Suddenly High Aios got dropped on top of this hugeass mountain. Which sucks because teleporting's not working. Also, if that's a quip about my age, those aren't really appreciated. I get it. I'm young. Big deal. He pauses from the ramblings briefly.
    Soo....what's this favor you're asking?

10. - Top - End - #10

I am neither older, younger, nor the same age a you, so I don't see why I would bother discriminating anyone by age. However for that favor I need someone to take over bodyguarding a demiurge whose previous bodyguard has given up, due to his moodiness and pride.

11. - Top - End - #11

Bodyguarding a Demiurge. Those...are words that there must be some omniversial law against using in the same sentence. Regardless, you've got my attention. No matter how many millenia go by or how powerful you and your peers become, some things never change. Tell me more: Who would I be protecting, who's going after them, and is it true the Bivore only eats two things?

12. - Top - End - #12

I warn you mon ami I am forbidden to tell you certain things about this job, but you would be guarding a god of caution named Tuauts. It is not in any danger, but the consequence of him dying is so great that he must be watched at all times. If you prove to be a good body guard you will be given more information, but thats all for now.

Although it is not the reason for his name the Bivore only eats noninteligent matter and meek beings.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-11-30 at 04:35 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13

Yeeeah...no. There's an old saying from back when I was a mortal: You can't beat your enemy without knowing them. And if I didn't know any better i'd say this whole thing is a ploy to get me killed, fighting enemies I have no way of knowing how to defend against them. He's clearly getting very suspicious. I think there's more you can tell me. At the very least, a reason for withholding information.

14. - Top - End - #14

There are no known enemies of this being, but the consequence for his death is just to great, the reason some of this is a secret is because I am under oath. It would just put you off your game if you knew what was at stake, and you would be in trouble with a higher power.

15. - Top - End - #15

So i'm basically just supposed to stand around and look pretty. I think I can do that. You can at least give me some hints though.

16. - Top - End - #16

Well if anyone did try to attack this demiurge they would likely be within some other organization to cover it up, and have a very discrete means of comunicating with a boss.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-12-03 at 05:32 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17

He probably already knows who may come after Tuauts. Well are you at liberty to tell me the consequences of Tuauts' destruction?

18. - Top - End - #18

It will make the penalties of not using caution or simply making a mistake infinity more severe so that even forgetting to brush your teeth results in a life worse than death. Now I must let you know that bit of information can be taken out of your brain so it is as if I never told it to you. This will only happen if you are about to share this information with anyone else.

19. - Top - End - #19

Please, threats are not a substitute for understanding. I didn't have any plans to share anything I learned anyways. Who would I tell? Genecide? Trust me, the less he knows, the better. Now then, I would normally muse about whether or not letting everyone know the consequences of his death would bring, but then I remembered that there are a****les out there who totally would go after him with this objective in mind.

Which begs the question: Why are you okay with telling me this?

20. - Top - End - #20

I am restricted from guarding this demiurge myself mon ami or else I would, but I would trust almost anyone with great enough power to do the job unless they wanted to gain one of the worst dooms to themselves.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-12-03 at 05:34 PM.

21. - Top - End - #21

It would take someone with the hubris to believe in their infallibility and the malice to wish a terrible fate on everything else. I don't doubt these creatures...exist. Regardless, I am interested. Dost thou have any ability to tell me what I get out of this?

22. - Top - End - #22

It is not nessisary you remain with them at all times if they are on a well guarded plane, but if you wish to end your service you can ask for me and I will search for someone to take your place.

23. - Top - End - #23

Erhm, I don't think I was clear. I was asking about payment.

24. - Top - End - #24

As materials are easy to come by thought has been put into the idea of granting powers as payment. After a few days you will be contacted with a number of options for you to chose from. The number of days will change OoC.

25. - Top - End - #25

Alright. I'll take it. Although just so you know, technically i'm not Rand, i'm his avatar. That doesn't mean i'm a pushover by any means of course. Although, I kind of AM Rand, I mean... He fumbles with the words, muttering incoherent sentence fragments. ...eurgh, whatever. You know what I mean. His...my true self...selves knows what's going on here of course. Oh! It's like a hive-mind!

26. - Top - End - #26

I still carry lesser status mon ami, but wherever you may be ranked in your culture you are the first I have spoken with.

27. - Top - End - #27

Yeah, okay. So where and when do I start?

28. - Top - End - #28

Tuauts will be transferred to you by the previous bodyguard, and if they change their mind you may be given another demiurge.
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-12-05 at 11:56 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29

So I just hang around until he appears before me?

30. - Top - End - #30

Momentarily you see a sphere. You can fill him in mon ami, he can't have any more information then you anyways. When the sphere, the Bivore, and the cohort are gone you sense a god, but only see a mortal human, his appearance has nothing really special about it. Uh, hey?