New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: {Nexus:}The Factory

Quote Originally Posted by Darkcomet View Post
    There is a simple unintended consequence to using a seemingly-abandoned factory as a base.

If it's at all good at looking abandoned, someone else might try to claim it for themselves.

Given the situation facing Riverside in the near future (read: AMEN plague attack), a particular business active in the city and Westside in particular (read: Evolution Industries), and the fact that the owner of said business (read: DC) is well-aware of the aforementioned future problems and is acting to counteract them with his business via producing and selling large numbers of environmental suits, it should be no surprise that said business owner just flew in and landed inside the fenced-off area containing the factory itself.

So now there is a well-known psychic/executive/WATCHTOWER leader in a business suit banging on the front door to see if anyone's home. Apparently he feels like being polite and checking first instead of just trying to force his way in.

If there's no response, after a reasonable amount of time he'll just try opening the door. Assuming it is still locked, only then will he resort to attempting to telekinetically tear the door open.

(Naturally, anything in that last part can be interrupted if there is, in fact, a response or the door is not actually locked for whatever reason. Just thought I'd set it up like that to avoid wasting effort on 'nothing happens' or 'it's locked' posts.)
    There is a response after the first knock. Why a brief BAZAM and Calublufiok is there, leaning against the wall just next to the door.

"Hey there Fearful One. Long time no see."

"So the guy inside here who owns this place is still learning the ropes. One of the things he's learning about is plot clones. When to have them, when to not. How they affect continuities. Ect. Ect. We all know plot clones are fine until something major happens to affect character. For instance, a changing of loyalties, which changes ones plans, which changes personality, which changes a whole lot of things and might make future conversations and actions moot, especially since its been established to be happening in the past. From all my understanding of what's going on and in an effort to not fracture time any further than its already been, I'm going to request that you kindly wait on busting that door down until this guy's major interaction with TE is done or mostly done. Heck, doubly so since it could end being TE's factory and we really should find out before preceding any further. It's a reasonable request, right? We both know that whether you have this factory or not won't actually affect how many suits you produce. Not to mention neither one of us want our 'can't ever lose' characters to get in a fight again. Even I myself plan on hopping out of a conversation for a bit."

"So I'm just asking you kindly to wait, if you wouldn't mind."
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2013-03-06 at 08:14 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Surgical Wing

Self-repairing, huh? That's not about to fly. Possibly-Argon will try punching a few more holes in the chassis and cutting away any remaining limbs, see if that slows Enshadu's repairs down any.

"Pfff. Why do I care what a loser says 'bout me? Loooser. That's what'cha are an' all ya are, rustbucket." Crawling out from the under the table and brushing his labcoat clean, Fay smirks at the disembodied chrome dome. "But hey, geddit out while ya can. 'cause inna second, you're gonna be dancing to my tune and jumpin' on my say-so and likin' it."

Now, time to find what passes for a computing center in here. Fishing a pack of matches out of his pockets, Daedalus lights one and tosses it at the goop sealing the door. It barely touches before the adhesive ignites, roaring up in a blue-green flame for a second before dying down to nothing and leaving the door open.

Carefully, he opens the door and peaks out.
    Enshadu just rolls his eyes and continues to speak. His circuits are repairing, his wires are reconnecting, and his metal armor seems to be even regrowing, like his metal is filling up holes. That's... technically impossible. So is the Nexus. Oh, then limbs are chopped off. Fun. Well, that'll make the process about a day longer than it's supposed to be. My program adapts, genius. You can't permanently reprogram me. Maybe for a few weeks, at most. But after that I'll be back to plain ol' me, and I won't be happy. When tha' appensYou should prob....probab...probib...Good shot....ass... Enshadu's head then shuts down for repairs.

The current main computing room is the chrome mirrored room guarded by Defense Mechanisms Zeta and Beta. BAD idea to go in there, but there is a computer in Enshadu's Repair and Upgrade Laboratory. There is a door labelled this across the hall. There's also several machines standing in front of the door, which immediately fire at Day. There are two machines that look lime humans with abnormally large arms. The first appears to be a riot soldier, wielding a massive clear shield and a large chrome gun on his shoulder. He's to the left of the door, there's a soldier with a helmet, white body armor, and two massive fists right in front of it, and a soldier with a massive two handed heavyarm E14 aimed. The ones with gun fire, and the combat machine moves to assure he's not shot.

Meanwhile, Several Days Afterwards, Talking To Cal.

Wind their watches? Um...no. Not really.

(DC, to make sure this interaction makes sense, I'm going to ask to hold it off for a while, until the stuff with Third has been cleared up. )

3. - Top - End - #123
    Bugbear in the Playground

Surgical Wing

Yikes!

Day flattens himself against the wall and throws the door shut again, just in time for it to be torn into splinters by the oncoming fire. No doubt a good bit of the lab's blasted apart as well, and the Excelsior troops scramble to get out of the way, cover being no help against the E14 rifles.

Unfortunately, Day only brought enough EMP goodness for one batch of 'bots.

But he does have the smoking corpse of a dead pyromancer that's about to go critical. While the rest go running, Markus steps in front of the doorway and, with a flick of his tail, lobs Zane's remains at the robotic troopers.
    Meese Mobster by smuchmuch.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

"Right. Well good luck with that." Calublfiok's clothes disappear in favor of a bathing suit, sunglasses, and a beach ball.

"I'm going to the beach." With that he disappears.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

Zane's carcass is hurled, quite possible burning Markus' tail, and should hit the bots. If they are elementium, there should be some melting right about now...
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ogre in the Playground

Surgical Wing

Yikes!

Day flattens himself against the wall and throws the door shut again, just in time for it to be torn into splinters by the oncoming fire. No doubt a good bit of the lab's blasted apart as well, and the Excelsior troops scramble to get out of the way, cover being no help against the E14 rifles.

Unfortunately, Day only brought enough EMP goodness for one batch of 'bots.

But he does have the smoking corpse of a dead pyromancer that's about to go critical. While the rest go running, Markus steps in front of the doorway and, with a flick of his tail, lobs Zane's remains at the robotic troopers.
    All of the robots are wearing a white and navy version of this suit:
    Spoiler
    Show

Yup, the room where everyone is standing in is blasted. The entire right wall is blasted by the robot wielding the Heavyarms. A massive laser burst flies out of the Heavyarms and is firing for about five seconds before the blast dies away. The laser burst is yellow and about as thick as a cannonball. It's a very strong and powerful blast, from a very powerful weapon. This blast melts non-organic substances, and vaporizes organic objects. The defenses of The Factory have been called, so unless Day gets Enshadu's password pretty quick, more security robots will start filling in. The robot wielding the Heavyarm begins to recharge his gun, which takes a few seconds. (Note: The Heavyarm weapon is a boosted two-handed version of the E14, if that helps.

The Melee Defense System droid begins charging towards Markus, ignoring anything hitting him for now. It's grapefruit sized fists are very hard and are spiked. It's fists are just chrome balls with spikes all over it. So it can't grab, but it can punch hard. It's white armor is spiked as well, meant to tear into his oppponent. Sure enough, he charges into the room and attempts to bull rush Marlus inside while attempting to punch Markus into a bloody pulp, however he is covered in Zane goo, so whatever that does will rely on Zane's player to post. (EDIT:) Okay, he's not elementium, merely metal. Same effect I suppose, well he's slowly beginning to melt, not a lot of blood got on him though. He still charges though, but now he's extremely hot.) ((He'll shut down or self-destruct soon.))

The Riot Trooper moves inside the room with his shield up and ready. He fires his E14 at Possibly-Argon. He seems to be the leader, in fact his helmet has a little gold F on it. There's also some kind of walky-talky on his belt which buzzes in odd blips, some kind of communication. The sounds of footsteps can be heard as more of the Defense Robots run down the halls, but they're going to be a while. The Riot Trooper raises his shield as he fires to avoid any kind of shot back. He also speaks. Surrender intruders or be terminated. Drop your arms, and get on the ground. You are t- Then his voice fades out to be replaced with a familiar one. I can communicate through any of my soldiers. Much like your hivemind, Day. So...you blew up my body....nice job. I'll repair in time. Do humans like you repair? I don't know. The rest of the security team is on the way. So, hurry up and die.

(The actions of the two robots wielding guns only occur if the melle robot moves Markus.
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2013-03-07 at 07:17 PM.

7. - Top - End - #127

Surgical Wing

The Melee Defense System charges, and Markus doesn't give an inch. The robotic brawler drives a hard right hook into his gut, throws a left jab to his jaw, railing a flurry of punches against the hydratroll's colossal bulk. And all with no more reaction from Markus than an angry grunt as the barbed fists puncture his bulletproof scales, and the strike to his chin forcing him to turn away slightly.

Because what damage the MDS can inflict in blunt trauma to tissue and organs and the largely negligible piercing of the spikes, it isn't enough to stop a creature that's meant to go on fighting even when half it's limbs and it's skull have been forcibly detached And he's not about to stand there and absorb punishment without returning in kind either.

With a roar, Markus grabs for the robot's arms at just beneath the shoulder, where there couldn't logically be any spiked without disrupting the MDS' ability to do what it does. And assuming that succeeds, he's going to pull it into the air and hurl it right back at it's friends.

And that's not the only thing headed their way. Vaulting over the (largely useless) cover of an overturned table, Possibly-Argon ducks beneath what little remains of the demolished wall and hurls an adhesive grenade over, also on course for the two Shooty-Bots hanging back. Not only should the glue bomb hold them in place and hopefully jam up their two-man artillery barrage, it's also flammable. And with Zane's corpse leaking fearblaze, and highly unstable chemicals flooding the hallway, why, the scene's all set for a barbecue.

And that's not all. Daedalus might not be much good in a fight, but he'll see what he can do about ending this one. Grabbing Enshadu's head and pulling it behind the table with him, he tries to find the screws or an access panel or barring that, just pry the damn thing open with his scalpel.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Ogre in the Playground

Surgical Wing

The Melee Defense System charges, and Markus doesn't give an inch. The robotic brawler drives a hard right hook into his gut, throws a left jab to his jaw, railing a flurry of punches against the hydratroll's colossal bulk. And all with no more reaction from Markus than an angry grunt as the barbed fists puncture his bulletproof scales, and the strike to his chin forcing him to turn away slightly.

Because what damage the MDS can inflict in blunt trauma to tissue and organs and the largely negligible piercing of the spikes, it isn't enough to stop a creature that's meant to go on fighting even when half it's limbs and it's skull have been forcibly detached And he's not about to stand there and absorb punishment without returning in kind either.

With a roar, Markus grabs for the robot's arms at just beneath the shoulder, where there couldn't logically be any spiked without disrupting the MDS' ability to do what it does. And assuming that succeeds, he's going to pull it into the air and hurl it right back at it's friends.

And that's not the only thing headed their way. Vaulting over the (largely useless) cover of an overturned table, Possibly-Argon ducks beneath what little remains of the demolished wall and hurls an adhesive grenade over, also on course for the two Shooty-Bots hanging back. Not only should the glue bomb hold them in place and hopefully jam up their two-man artillery barrage, it's also flammable. And with Zane's corpse leaking fearblaze, and highly unstable chemicals flooding the hallway, why, the scene's all set for a barbecue.

And that's not all. Daedalus might not be much good in a fight, but he'll see what he can do about ending this one. Grabbing Enshadu's head and pulling it behind the table with him, he tries to find the screws or an access panel or barring that, just pry the damn thing open with his scalpel.
    The Combat Defense System is confused. Normally its punches could dent a wall, but it's done hardly anything to Markus. It begins to aim a punch right for Markus's teeth, when the giant lizardish thing picks him up and throws him on the ground by the three. Sure enough, it lands there and there's a cracking sound as it's helmet's visor cracks and black liquid begins dripping out of it.

The artillery barrage looks at the grenade and in a matter of milliseconds decides on the best response. The Riot Trooper moves in front of the Heavyarms and raises his shield up powerfully. Sure enough, the glue grenade holds him in place, and jams his E14. And, whenever Zane posts. there's going to be a massive explosion in the hallway. The combination of flammable goo, Zane's fire, and the chemicals floating around is a bad thing. Well, two robots down, one still up. This one decides that blasting through his friend is a good idea, as long as the blast hits Markus, only....The Heavyarms does not know the glue is flammable.

He fires the stream of powerful laser out of his weapon, and sure enough, it goes through the Riot Trooper like butter, and might even hit Markus. However, the glue catches on fire, and BOOM! Toasted robots.The explosion is impressive and blackens the faded chrome walls, as well as send half-melted machinery about the hall. All is silent, except for the faint march of many more robots running towards the location. They'll be here in about five minutes. A good long time.

There is in fact a panel on the back of his head. It's covered in fake hair, but can easily be opened with his scalpel. It reveals incredibly complicated looking machinery in the back, as well as a small purple microchip. He can easily snap it out, if he wants to.

9. - Top - End - #129

Surgical Wing

Disconnecting the chip sounds good, preferably without damaging it.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ogre in the Playground

The Surgical Wing

That'll do, pig. That'll do.

The lights in The Factory dim down and only glow very faintly. The computer shuts down and locks, the Security Systems all shut down, including the twenty-seven Security Officers running down the hall. Normally, the E-chip would attempt to take control of Day and almost surely make his brown explode or something, but it doesn't. Maybe that's due to the damage to Enshadu's body? Who knows. It gets very, very quiet all of the sudden.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Halfling in the Playground

Zane explodes amongst all the other loud, boomy, things. Due to the fearblaze which appears to run through his veins, the wall hall way should find itself melting and collapse, effectively stopping all forms of assistance for the time being.

)(As I am dead, feel free to skip me.)(
    Sigatars
    Spoiler
    Show

Zane and Aric by Recaiden. Aric Kat by Hatter.

Nexus Characters
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: FFRP Newbie Links
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132

Surgical Wing

Day doesn't know anything about any E-Chip or whatever psychic powers it might possess. But he doesn't like the power shutting off, that's going to make borrowing the computers around here tricky.

Still, nothing ventured...

Markus and Possibly-Argon gathering up the dissembled bits 'n pieces of Enshadu, they head out to find the Labratory with Day happily trailing along, leaving Definitely-not-Argon to hunt through the medical room for some anesthetics.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-03-09 at 10:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Surgical Wing

Day doesn't know anything about any E-Chip or whatever psychic powers it might possess. But he doesn't like the power shutting off, that's going to make borrowing the computers around here tricky.

Still, nothing ventured...

Markus and Possibly-Argon gathering up the dissembled bits 'n pieces of Enshadu, they head out to find the Labratory with Day happily trailing along, leaving Definitely-not-Argon to hunt through the medical room for some anesthetics.
    Well, the walls certainly don't melt, the three robots absorbing the explosion, so there's a bunch off half-melted machinery. The other robots are still a while away and shut down. Well, there's a computer in the laboratory which is still online and on. It beeps and awaits Day's touch. The room is very dark, and as soon as they walk in, they can barely see a large machine built into the ceiling, hovering over a special table fit for Enshadu. Anesthetics can be found nicely labelled in a drawer....

14. - Top - End - #134

Laboratory

Enshadu's body, in what state it is, is unceremoniously dumped onto the table. Dropping off the cyborg's head and leaving the chip alongside it, Day starts hunting for a plug-jack or something, some way to access whatever shoddy programs E's running. His bros fan out across the room, Markus checking for security, Probably-Argon examining the computer.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Enshadu's body, in what state it is, is unceremoniously dumped onto the table. Dropping off the cyborg's head and leaving the chip alongside it, Day starts hunting for a plug-jack or something, some way to access whatever shoddy programs E's running. His bros fan out across the room, Markus checking for security, Probably-Argon examining the computer.
    Mhm, there's another little area where his scalp can be removed, revealing his chrome "skull" with flashing buttons of multicolored light. There's also a plug jack meant to access Enshadu's programming, it's burnt, as is his chrome skull. He can't heal there. That's probably not the problem though. Anyway, his body is dumped, and the many armed machine above the table moves faintly, obviously it's not powered by the factory's main grid. Instead, it has a large battery. It's arms extend down slowly, but do not attack. It's arms merely begin to rearrange Enshadu's pieces, beginning to repair him, which is it's job. Except Enshadu has no head in the pile, or chip, so he won't be functional. They could easily break the many-armed machine. It doesn't attack.

Security-wise, the room is empty. And the computer is vey large, but seems normal. It has a blank screensaver.

16. - Top - End - #136

Laboratory

Hmmm.

Day sets the skull aside, out of the machine's reach, and begins examining the rest of Enshadu. If he's lucky there'll be a jack on the main chassis and he won't have to risk booting E up again.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Hmmm.

Day sets the skull aside, out of the machine's reach, and begins examining the rest of Enshadu. If he's lucky there'll be a jack on the main chassis and he won't have to risk booting E up again.
    There is, Enshadu is rather easy to reprogram, surprisingly. The machine begins repairing limbs and re-attaching them slowly, letting Enshadu's body repair itself as it works as well. It will be remarkably easy to reprogram him.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ogre in the Playground

Calublufiok reappears out of nowhere, possibly startling the room's occupants (which appears to be Day?). He's currently wearing a top hat and monocle and carrying a glass of brandy. "Oh ho ho, Mister Burns, you are a classic one. You'll be a Magsical soon enough I hope."

He glances around. "Oi. Are we changing hands already?" He takes a sip of brandy and adjusts his monocle (all the most powerful wizards wear monocles). "Is this going to be a weekly thing? I can't tell if that'd be dreadfully annoying or terribly exciting."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #139

Laboratory

((Turns out the timeline's a wee bit screwy, so, let's just roll with it.))

Calubofiok just blinked into existence, about three feet from where Day's standing.

That's....

Yeah. That's the kind of the thing that gives people heart-attacks.

Not Day though. If Day's surprised, he gets over it about as fast as it takes him to process that, yes, that actually just happened and probably isn't one of Enshadu's tricks. Which is about half as long as it takes his brothers to have guns aimed Cal's way. Which isn't very much time at all.

"Oh! Yeah. Yeah, well, what else can you 'spect from ol' Rusty here? Poor guy's a few circuits short, as ya might'a noticed for yourself." Day shrugs, giving his brother at the computer a mental prod to quit staring, lower the weapon and pass him the darn cable, which Argon does, although the gun stays trained on Cal.

"I figure on givin' him a few upgrades, plasterin' some plastique onna inside o' his skull, few restrainin' bolts, few blindspots, th' whole nine yards. Should keep him playin' on our team 'till th' warranty's run out, then, blammo!" Chattering away, Day flips open the access hatch and plugs E's chassis into the computer, before stepping back so the mechanical arms can continue with the rebuilding.

And really, why not. They've been caught off-guard and unprepared by one of the meanest critters walking the Nexus- It's not like Day can really make it worse, so he might as well carry on regardless.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-03-14 at 08:28 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

((Turns out the timeline's a wee bit screwy, so, let's just roll with it.))

Calubofiok just blinked into existence, about three feet from where Day's standing.

That's....

Yeah. That's the kind of the thing that gives people heart-attacks.

Not Day though. If Day's surprised, he gets over it about as fast as it takes him to process that, yes, that actually just happened and probably isn't one of Enshadu's tricks. Which is about half as long as it takes his brothers to have guns aimed Cal's way. Which isn't very much time at all.

"Oh! Yeah. Yeah, well, what else can you 'spect from ol' Rusty here? Poor guy's a few circuits short, as ya might'a noticed for yourself." Day shrugs, giving his brother at the computer a mental prod to quit staring, lower the weapon and pass him the darn cable, which Argon does, although the gun stays trained on Cal.

"I figure on givin' him a few upgrades, plasterin' some plastique onna inside o' his skull, few restrainin' bolts, few blindspots, th' whole nine yards. Should keep him playin' on our team 'till th' warranty's run out, then, blammo!" Chattering away, Day flips open the access hatch and plugs E's chassis into the computer, before stepping back so the mechanical arms can continue with the rebuilding.

And really, why not. They've been caught off-guard and unprepared by one of the meanest critters walking the Nexus- It's not like Day can really make it worse, so he might as well carry on regardless.
    Yup, well, the rebuilding goes smoothly and quickly. In about ten more minutes Enshadu will be reassembled by the machine, minus the head. Okay, Enshadu's head is plugged into the computer by the cable. The whole thing can be easily done. Perhaps Calublufiok would save Enshadu, or let him be reprogrammed.....hm.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Well he can make it worse.
    But he hasn't yet, so good on him.

Enshadu's still around. There's nothing to save.

"Which team is that again?" Calublufiok asks, before tossing his top hat to the corner, whereupon it lands and a bunny forms under it. A perfectly normal bunny. Pay it no heed.

"Most starting villains had some kinks to work out. Found it particularly hard to reprogram robots in this setting though. Say, could you give him some deathly fear of some totally innocuous thing? I promise to abuse it for my own twisted amusement. And maybe for a lesson or two." But mostly amusement.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

22. - Top - End - #142

Laboratory

I guess mentioning that he's the guy who's been insulting Cal over the Wall might not go so well.

"Mmmmaaaybe." Day leans back against a handy whatever, letting his brother handle the programming for now. Being blind on the usual spectrum of colors makes using computers a bit tricky for him. Lucky for him, he's got a whole army of bros with no such weaknesses, and he's here to walk 'em through the steps.

"See, much 's making Rusty deathly 'fraid of showtunes might tickle me, I'm kinda running a gig here. Gotta handle my obligations 'fore I can start goofing 'round, ya understand."

Before actually trying to change anything, Argon will first do a quick sweep of the various programs Enshadu's skull is running, their purposes, and any malfunctions among them.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Well, it would take ages and ages of time to write every program Enshadu is running, since he's running massive amounts of 'em. But the damaged ones are the programs that run memory. There's some kind of virus that has been eating away at those programs. It should be easy to simply remove the virus or put up a firewall against it. The virus deletes the memory and makes up it's own, hence Enshadu's recent logic issues. It is easy to delete the corrupted memories.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

I suspect Calublufiok already knows.

Speaking of which, he peers intently at Day. A peer so chilling, it's clear he's contemplating on whether to threaten him with steadily increasing excruciating pain until Day relents and does as told, or just imploding Day on the spot for his impudence, or some other thing.

In the end Cal just mildly snorts. "I'll let it go, only because I think it'll be equally hilarious to watch your own plans for this crash and burn spectacularly."

"Carry on."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

25. - Top - End - #145

Laboratory

Day isn't especially frightened. Or maybe he is, but he doesn't let it show. "Oh there's gonna be crashin' an burnin' alright but I don't think it's gonna be the way ya think it is. Gonna crash an burn Maggie's fortress right down on his dumb metal head, that's how it's gonna be, an you see if I don't just deliver on that promise."

Now, what would be the point to just deleting the virus. No, Day and his brothers want to study it. Enshadu made the mistake of telling them that his programs would eventually rewrite whatever they do, but, somehow the virus is still effecting him. Logically, that means there's a way past those rewrites.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Day isn't especially frightened. Or maybe he is, but he doesn't let it show. "Oh there's gonna be crashin' an burnin' alright but I don't think it's gonna be the way ya think it is. Gonna crash an burn Maggie's fortress right down on his dumb metal head, that's how it's gonna be, an you see if I don't just deliver on that promise."

Now, what would be the point to just deleting the virus. No, Day and his brothers want to study it. Enshadu made the mistake of telling them that his programs would eventually rewrite whatever they do, but, somehow the virus is still effecting him. Logically, that means there's a way past those rewrites.

There is a way past the rewrites, the only reason the virus ever got in is because Reinholdt almost killed him. Enshadu's firewall systems had been shut down, he was defenseless, and like how someone injured can contract diseases much easier, he got a virus that his firewalls would normally destroy. The virus didn't bypass rewrites, it's just a very powerful virus, and now that it's gotten a lot stronger, his firewall systems have had trouble destroying it. In time, Enshadu's systems would have adapted and destroyed it, but he has already lost a good 4% memory. So the virus never bypassed the rewrites. Now that he's shut down the virus can be easily deleted, he was just too paranoid to let anyone shut him down.

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

Part of the reason he didn't bother. People around here are boring. Never get scared of anything.

"The half-villain? Why?" Seems a colossal waste of time! Though the size of any resulting dust cloud is indirectly proportional to the amount of time wasted.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #148

Laboratory

"My brother died fighting him an it's really the principal of th' thing- Making an example outta Mags so people know not t' mess with us." Not to mention getting Prometheus out of stasis has proven ludicrously difficult, and the irritation alone would be worth a stompdown going by Excelsior's measure.

They're rather easily annoyed people.

Meh. No point in bothering with the virus then, so it'll stay around for now. The next order of business is figuring out how E's programs are sorted or finding a directory so they can determine what line of code does what.
    Last edited by ThirdEmperor; 2013-03-17 at 01:40 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

"My brother died fighting him an it's really the principal of th' thing- Making an example outta Mags so people know not t' mess with us." Not to mention getting Prometheus out of stasis has proven ludicrously difficult, and the irritation alone would be worth a stompdown going by Excelsior's measure.

They're rather easily annoyed people.

Meh. No point in bothering with the virus then, so it'll stay around for now. The next order of business is figuring out how E's programs are sorted or finding a directory so they can determine what line of code does what.
    Mhm, a directory is easily available. It's kinda strange how easy this all is. He can be easily programmed to obey Day's commands.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

Laboratory

"Yep. People won't mess with you if you take out the half-villain. Definitely."
    Calublufiok manages to hold in the uproarious laughter.
    Barely.

At least the first reason's reasonable enough.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast