Page 1 of 15 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 443

Thread: PEACH Exchange

  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default PEACH Exchange

    It's not an uncommon occurrence that a piece of homebrew that someone worked for days on goes unPEACHed, which is a shame. So here's the deal. Use this thread to do one of three things:
    1. Post links to one or more of your homebrew that you would like PEACHed.
    2. Offer to PEACH a piece of homebrew someone has already posted in exchange for PEACHing a piece of your own homebrew.
    3. Agree to or decline an offer of PEACH exchange.


    Sound like a good idea?

    I'll start us off with three 3.5 prestige classes I wrote recently as part of a triptych:
    • Faerie Champion, a class for warrior-types who want to devote themselves to serving a Faerie Lord in exchange for power.
    • Faerie Court Mage, a class for spellcasters who want to use the powers of faerie to enhance their own magic.
    • Faerie-Thrall Liberator, a class for anyone who wishes to combat fey and rescue those who were kidnapped by them.
    Last edited by Jeff the Green; 2012-12-10 at 01:58 AM.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper

  2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground
     
    Sherishade's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Hello ya I was thinking the same thing, this is a good idea.

    I don't know what PEACH means but I gather its short hand for review my stuff and tell me what you think. So here's my link and I'll leave my comments on your original homebrew posts ^^

    Dark Inheritor

  3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherishade View Post
    Hello ya I was thinking the same thing, this is a good idea.

    I don't know what PEACH means but I gather its short hand for review my stuff and tell me what you think. So here's my link and I'll leave my comments on your original homebrew posts ^^

    Dark Inheritor
    On it. If you could do either/both of the things in my sig that'd be great.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Just gave a basic PEACH for Dark Inheritor prior to seeing this thread.


    Here is my Dragon Ascendant Base Class

  5. - Top - End - #5
    Firbolg in the Playground
     
    AmberVael's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Female

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherishade View Post
    I don't know what PEACH means but I gather its short hand for review my stuff and tell me what you think.
    You're right! PEACH stands for Please Evaluate And Criticize Honestly.
    Or something along those lines. It has been a while since I've seen the acronym spelled out in full, so I'm too cautious to say it with 100% certainty, but I'll give it 90% confidence.

    I'm actually in the process of writing up a new set of invocations (9 out of 12 complete thus far), I may toss a link here once I have them done.

  6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Zman View Post
    Just gave a basic PEACH for Dark Inheritor prior to seeing this thread.


    Here is my Dragon Ascendant Base Class
    I'll have a look. Again, PEACHes on the Honour Guard PF class and Descend Into Madness game system (in my sig) would be appreciated.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grod_The_Giant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    I'll trade you a look at your system for a look at mine. (STaRS, in my sig)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Major Works:
    • STaRS: The Simple Tabletop Roleplaying System; my attempt at a generic rules-light system.
    • Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 revisions-- houserules, class fixes, ban lists and more.
    • Chopping Down the Christmas Tree: Rules for low- or no-magic item games of 3.5.
    • D&D in M&M-- Balancing 3.5 by porting it lock, stock, and barrel into a more balanced system.

  8. - Top - End - #8
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    scarmiglionne4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherishade View Post
    Hello ya I was thinking the same thing, this is a good idea.

    I don't know what PEACH means but I gather its short hand for review my stuff and tell me what you think. So here's my link and I'll leave my comments on your original homebrew posts ^^

    Dark Inheritor
    I left you some feedback on the Dark Inheritor. Please check out my Enhancements.
    Last edited by scarmiglionne4; 2012-12-10 at 04:30 PM.

  9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    I'll trade you a look at your system for a look at mine. (STaRS, in my sig)
    Deal, although for all your S-ness I think mine's probably a little simpler. :p
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Grod_The_Giant's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Deal, although for all your S-ness I think mine's probably a little simpler. :p
    I can always break out SuperSTaRS (It's a thing)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    Grod's Law: You cannot and should not balance bad mechanics by making them annoying to use
    Major Works:
    • STaRS: The Simple Tabletop Roleplaying System; my attempt at a generic rules-light system.
    • Giants and Graveyards: My collected 3.5 revisions-- houserules, class fixes, ban lists and more.
    • Chopping Down the Christmas Tree: Rules for low- or no-magic item games of 3.5.
    • D&D in M&M-- Balancing 3.5 by porting it lock, stock, and barrel into a more balanced system.

  11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
    I can always break out SuperSTaRS (It's a thing)
    Okaaaaay.

    Anyway, consider yourself PEACHed. Clarification available on request.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  12. - Top - End - #12
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    scarmiglionne4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    This thread was a good idea, but I don't think this is working as well as it could be.
    Last edited by scarmiglionne4; 2012-12-12 at 06:50 PM.

  13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by scarmiglionne4 View Post
    This thread was a good idea, but I don't think this is working as would as it could be.

    I agree, we need to keep it current and keep it active.

    Here is my Homebrew. Dragon Ascendant Base Class

  14. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    True. Part of that is to spread the word; if you like, put it in your sig. Also, I posted PEACHes for Sherishade and Zman.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper

  15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground
     
    toapat's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2012

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    the problem with threads like these is that they end up being screwed by not becoming stickied.

    In other news, i would like commentary on my Weapon of Destiny and Paladin


    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

    PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

    I use Red when I'm angry, I use blue when I'm excited.
    Drow avatar @ myself

  16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    True. Part of that is to spread the word; if you like, put it in your sig. Also, I posted PEACHes for Sherishade and Zman.
    And I posted for your Fairie Curt Mage and Champion classes.

  17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Someone interested in PEACHing my magic system in exchange for me PEACHing them? It's got a tad bit of reading, but I love how it's turning out. The Second Post comprimises the magic portion of things, and you can ignore pretty much anything else in the other sections. Be aware it's a setting mechanics, not game mechanics.

    Any takers?
    Last edited by TheWombatOfDoom; 2012-12-12 at 02:20 PM.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Someone interested in PEACHing my magic system in exchange for me PEACHing them? It's got a tad bit of reading, but I love how it's turning out. The second post comprimises the magic portion of things, and you can ignore pretty much anything else in the other sections.

    Any takers?
    Give me a link, and go peach Descend Into Madness (in my sig).
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  19. - Top - End - #19
    Troll in the Playground
     
    TheWombatOfDoom's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Aldain
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Give me a link, and go peach Descend Into Madness (in my sig).
    Oops, meant to link that.... Post 2

    Alright, I look into it. :) No promises on today being PEACHed, but soon.
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

    World Building Project:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

    Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Spell Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt
    (you can't take the sky from me)

  20. - Top - End - #20
    Banned
     
    RedSorcererGirl

    Join Date
    Dec 2012

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post

    In other news, i would like commentary on my Weapon of Destiny and Paladin
    How do we reply? post on this thread?

  21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Jormengand's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    In the Playground, duh.

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by GoddessSune View Post
    How do we reply? post on this thread?
    Go "Yes, I'll have a look, but would you look at [whatever] for me?" on this thread, then actually do the evaluation on the separate thread.
    Avatar by Pessimismrocks. My homebrew.
    Anna lends her wisdom:
    The key to the survival of humans is that so few of them realise what a terrible thing it is to survive.
    If I wanted you to use gendered pronouns for me, I'd have a gender marker. Amkii, Kayros, Legio and The Hunter shouldn't be referred to as male either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    You know, it would be really meta if I sigged this.

  22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground
     
    BlueKnightGuy

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff the Green View Post
    It's not an uncommon occurrence that a piece of homebrew that someone worked for days on goes unPEACHed, which is a shame. So here's the deal. Use this thread to do one of three things:
    1. Post links to one or more of your homebrew that you would like PEACHed.
    2. Offer to PEACH a piece of homebrew someone has already posted in exchange for PEACHing a piece of your own homebrew.
    3. Agree to or decline an offer of PEACH exchange.


    Sound like a good idea?

    I'll start us off with three 3.5 prestige classes I wrote recently as part of a triptych:
    • Faerie Champion, a class for warrior-types who want to devote themselves to serving a Faerie Lord in exchange for power.
    • Faerie Court Mage, a class for spellcasters who want to use the powers of faerie to enhance their own magic.
    • Faerie-Thrall Liberator, a class for anyone who wishes to combat fey and rescue those who were kidnapped by them.
    I just looked over and critiqued the Faerie Court Mage (like it a lot, btw). Anyone feel like giving some feedback on the design of the 5th level spell I just posted: Sun Scarabs?

  23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    scarmiglionne4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Jormengand, I PEACHed your Descend Into Madness.
    Grelna, I PEACHED Sun Scarabs.

    Links in my signature.

  24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hanuman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by scarmiglionne4 View Post
    Links in my signature.
    PEACH'd grit rules.

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536

    Working on an organ feature, the newest draft is as the back. Appreciate some feedback on expanding it and getting it polished. Lots of stuff to write.

  25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground
     
    scarmiglionne4's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by Hanuman View Post
    PEACH'd grit rules.

    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153536

    Working on an organ feature, the newest draft is as the back. Appreciate some feedback on expanding it and getting it polished. Lots of stuff to write.
    I had seen this before you PEACHed my work. I didn't know what to say about it. I cannot say I have ever seen anything like it. ALthough it does sort of remind me of Zato from Guilty Gear.

    It seems to be balanced well. I can honestly say I would have no interest in playing an Ozodrin. It is a little aberrant and chaotic for me, but I suppose that is the point, right? I wish I could offer a better critique, but I am just at a loss.

    Anything else you need critiqued?

  26. - Top - End - #26
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Iamyourking's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Imperial Secret
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    I reviewed the Faerie Champion and am now looking for someone to critique Sons of the Fallen (in my signature). I'm willing to do more if they get posted, but so far most of them have already received more or less what I would say.
    Spoiler
    Show

    Thank you to Ceika for the signature and avatar.

    Read Sons of the Fallen here

  27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Jeff the Green's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    The Great PNW
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Okay. Everyone has pretty much ignored my original guidelines, which is fine, since they probably would have made things too cumbersome. The way it is now, though, may result in PEACH moochers without some sort of karma system. Would y'all prefer an explicit karma (probably PEACH given : PEACH received or PEACH given : PEACH requested ratios) that is kept on the first post, or an informal, generalized karma of not bothering to PEACH someone who has requested plenty of PEACHes and not given many back but without an official count?

    And partially to remind myself, I owe PEACHes to Iamyourking and Grelna the Blue. If anyone else wants to PEACH the Faerie-Thrall Liberator (in my sig), I'd appreciate it since the only PEACH it's received was a generalized "maybe too powerful" one.
    Greenman by Bradakhan/Autumn Greenman by Sgt. Pepper

  28. - Top - End - #28
    Bugbear in the Playground
     
    Hanuman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Quote Originally Posted by scarmiglionne4 View Post
    I had seen this before you PEACHed my work. I didn't know what to say about it. I cannot say I have ever seen anything like it. ALthough it does sort of remind me of Zato from Guilty Gear.

    It seems to be balanced well. I can honestly say I would have no interest in playing an Ozodrin. It is a little aberrant and chaotic for me, but I suppose that is the point, right? I wish I could offer a better critique, but I am just at a loss.

    Anything else you need critiqued?
    Not at the moment, Kellus and I are thinking of whipping something up, and I will need a LOT of playtest for a project I've been ramping up after that. If you're interested in doing some early testing or critique shoot me a message and I'll leave it checked unread and I'll alert you when I need some freedback off the pre-release draft.

  29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground
     
    Zman's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    Did a quick PEACH on Faerie Thrall Liberator.

    Still looking for more imput in my Dragon Ascendant

  30. - Top - End - #30
    Ettin in the Playground
     
    Tanuki Tales's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Male

    Default Re: PEACH Exchange

    I would appreciate any PEACHing for my Limber Ones. I'd like to finally close the door on them so that I can move on to my next Project G entry.

    I'll gladly give PEACHes in return, as I'm able.

    Genie avatar by andres21295.

    RIP you funny, funny man.

    I run a Pokemon Wonder Trade blog now, so feel free to take a look.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •