New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: MS Paint Adventures 7: At the Price of Oblivion

Pftehehehehehehehe.

This is amazing. I know, rationally, that there couldn't be much more than a few dozen of these crazed social justice weirdos I keep hearing about.

I also know, rationally, that that makes this joke even funnier because now we know exactly who to look for to get a crazy reaction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayngfet View Post
    I don't care what you feel.
    That pretty much sums up the Jayngfet experience.
    something something Jayngfet experience.

2. - Top - End - #152

Quote Originally Posted by Draconi Redfir View Post
    Personal headcanon until proven otherwise:

None of this is real. That lollypop was just nothing but pure drugs and Jane is still passed out on her porch high as all heaven.
    Proven otherwise: here

Shes doing it man. Gamzee and Caliborn are watching this hapen.

And she cannot hallucinate that she's watched by Caliborn because she doesn't know how he looks like, or that Gamzee is with him, or how the monitor tower looks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

3. - Top - End - #153
    Titan in the Playground

Evidently someone doesn't understand a joke.
    alsomaybethey'rewatchingherhaveaseizureorsomething

but anywho. I can't help but wonder if this entire trickster thing was done just to take a jab at all the raicial headcanon people who keep taking things too far. "they can't be X because Y! Hussie said they were Y so you can't make them X! it all makes sense for J to me L because of reasons! and if you disagree with me your stupid!"
    Avy by Thormag
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Why so serious Jake ?
    Everyone loves a girl with a pretty smile.

(Knowing hussie there's a good fifty percent chance than the whole tricskter thing is going too keep being pretty silly till bam it turned out it was foreshadowing all along for something dramatic. Or not). maybe she'll go rescue roxy in a tricky rainbow cupcakes rampage on Derse.

EDit: Oh. Ouch
    He kinda deserved it, though.
    Last edited by smuchmuch; 2013-01-12 at 12:35 PM.
    I'm sig'ing in the rain, just sig'ing in the rain....

Somme old avatars, by me
    Spoiler
    Show

-

5. - Top - End - #155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I at first thought that it was Jake saying "noooo" blending in with Jane saying "yes", but it seems that Jake is glowing, and that the blending could be better interpreted as him entering some kind of Trickster mode.
    Last edited by Science Officer; 2013-01-12 at 02:33 PM.

6. - Top - End - #156
    Orc in the Playground

New theory: The kids and their guardians have snow-white skin, which goes some distance toward explaining why they don't seem to know many people offline and why they spend so much time housebound. Everyone else looks normal. It's never been brought up because they've dealt with it all their lives and are all used to it.

This could almost be possible, too, if only Colonel Sassacre was drawn into SBURB for some inane reason.

7. - Top - End - #157

Quote Originally Posted by Kizor View Post
    New theory: The kids and their guardians have snow-white skin, which goes some distance toward explaining why they don't seem to know many people offline and why they spend so much time housebound. Everyone else looks normal. It's never been brought up because they've dealt with it all their lives and are all used to it.

This could almost be possible, too, if only Colonel Sassacre was drawn into SBURB for some inane reason.
    I always just assumed the Striders/Lalonds had some kind of Albinism. I mean they certainly display the most well known traits of it. I also vaguely recall Karkat mentioning in one of the flashes that Dave is vaguely insecure about having red eyes.

In any case, "everyone else is normal" has some merit. Remember, we've SEEN pictures of regular humans in story and the idea that regular ethnic traits apply came up once in passing.

Not to mention that Andrew Hussie isn't even recognized as being human by non-humans. He's never really referred to as human so much as just another weird guy. He's portrayed as being the only one with something resembling regular human color and proportion, so that kind of helps. As well, Aradia never exactly put two and two together that the funny alien on her computer is the same kind of thing she met later.

I think that the only person who'd really know otherwise is Karkat, who saw a bunch of memories of John as a kid and thus presumably would know if John was somehow different. If my vague memories are correct he's also the guy Dave spoke to about it.

So the theory has merit, though maybe some small holes.

8. - Top - End - #158
    Orc in the Playground

Fortunately only small ones.

9. - Top - End - #159
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    ...it's contagious.

...Jane is subject zero of the Trickstapocalypse!

10. - Top - End - #160
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lateral View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    ...it's contagious.

...Jane is subject zero of the Trickstapocalypse!
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wish to any nine heavens you like that this made any sense. This feels for all the world like a filler arc - just some zany, nonsensical non-canon romp that doesn't have to make sense because next week the stress will be burned and none of this will have happened. Except for the part where even Homestuck's seemingly nonsensical filler has real fundamental purposes, such as reintroducing Spades Slick to the timeline even though his universe was destroyed and delivering the ring to either John or Tavros (it wasn't clear to me afterwards whether the ring remained after he woke up or not).

Of course, I suppose this could be seen as a vital upgrade, though. The skeletal minions of void sessions have stupidly high health, yet Jane was one-shotting them with the sucker. Even though that's not in her specibus....

Oh, oh crap. Wild antics, bright colors, ability to ignore specibus rules... Does this make them clowns? Er... Paradox clowns? Caliborn believed clowns were unstoppable. Which, of course, could be Gamzee just abusing the heck out of doomed timelines to convince Caliborn that he's immortal, in order to engender a level of inferiority in the Time Lord that our hyperactive and hyperchromatic munchkins could thoroughly abuse?

Nah, I'm over-thinking this. Gamzee is serving his mirthful messiah and... and this sugar rush Trickster Mode thing was just inspired by too many viewings of Wreck-it Ralph. If Hussie declares his headcanon voice for Gamzee is Alan Tudyk, I'll know I'm right...

Why in the nine hells doesn't this make any sense...?
    Last edited by Calemyr; 2013-01-13 at 10:09 AM.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, it does seem to be serving a clear purpose as far as moving the narative forward- Everyone not on a bus in the afterlife (Aradia, Sollux, and the dead people) except Dirk, ArquiusSprite, and maybe FefetaSprite is now in one place- Or at least, will be once A6A6 starts (Which still seems like the most likely time for everyone to arrive).
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

12. - Top - End - #162
    Troll in the Playground

Pftehehehehehehehe.

This is amazing. I know, rationally, that there couldn't be much more than a few dozen of these crazed social justice weirdos I keep hearing about.

I also know, rationally, that that makes this joke even funnier because now we know exactly who to look for to get a crazy reaction.
    Aaaaand it's gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by on Dwarf Fortress succession games
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarf Fortress 0.40.01 bugs
    - If an adventurer shouts and nobody is around to hear it, the game crashes
    - War Dogs appear to run from themselves in terror
    - New tree generation frequently causes birds to explode

13. - Top - End - #163
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Aaaaand it's gone.
    your sanity or your faith?

in either case, welcome to the club, we got potato chips!

as for Homestuck, things just keep getting crazier and crazier….just the way I like it!
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

14. - Top - End - #164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    your sanity or your faith?
    I was talking about the page where trickster!Jane goes "[I FEEL SO] CAUCASIAN!!!"; it's now "[I FEEL SO] PEACHY!!!" instead.
    But part of my sanity is also gone, actually, now that you're asking...
    I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Pixie in the Playground

ClericGirl

I was talking about the page where trickster!Jane goes "[I FEEL SO] CAUCASIAN!!!"; it's now "[I FEEL SO] PEACHY!!!" instead.
    I think it's funnier as peachy, but I still think it works better with the colors than the fruit.

But I guess that's what "making a joke out of my joke" means.
    Last edited by ShinyCap; 2013-01-14 at 10:58 AM.

16. - Top - End - #166
    Barbarian in the Playground

Interesting enough:

Quote Originally Posted by Hussie
    This is why the claim “social justice is in essence a form of censorship” is so ironic here. Because the forces of social justice aren’t actually making me change anything. In this case, it’s actually the people who OPPOSE those concerns in the ugliest manner who motivated me to “censor” myself.
    http://mspandrew.tumblr.com/post/404...responses-more
    Last edited by Zejety; 2013-01-14 at 11:07 AM.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Titan in the Playground

eh, I kinda liked the first one. it just felt so random and out of left field that it was hilarious in how completely nonsensical it was. "Peachy" just feels too logical to be funny in comparison.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

18. - Top - End - #168
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, now I wonder how many people actually protested against the joke (as opposed to those protesting against the protesters). Haven't seen any SJ crusader jump on it. We're having a big problem if we're overreacting to an nonexistent/tiny opposition.
    Also repeating my general dislike of the fandom. Why yes, I am a fan too, I therefore cry myself to sleep every night and whip my back in self-loathing penance.

EDIT: Lord Raziere: yeah, I preferred the original one too.
    Last edited by Mono Vertigo; 2013-01-14 at 11:48 AM.

19. - Top - End - #169

Excuse the change of topic:

A while ago I asked around for the best Homestuck album both to listen to while computergaming (grinding) and as background music for tabletop RPGing.

Back then I went coloUrs and mayhem Universe A and was very pleased with the recommendation afterwards. I have grown slightly tired of it by now and looking for a second one that has a similar style. Any suggestions (no, I don't like Universe B)?

20. - Top - End - #170
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd personally go with The Felt.
    i am going to make it through this year
    if it kills me
    i am going to make it though this year
    if it kills me

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, now I wonder how many people actually protested against the joke (as opposed to those protesting against the protesters). Haven't seen any SJ crusader jump on it. We're having a big problem if we're overreacting to an nonexistent/tiny opposition.
    Also repeating my general dislike of the fandom. Why yes, I am a fan too, I therefore cry myself to sleep every night and whip my back in self-loathing penance.
    Quite a few people, although from what I saw they were less nasty than their opponents - but there were enough folks on both sides that the official MSPA comic discussion page transformed into a flamewar overnight and had to be shut down. I was glancing through, and it was less than stellar.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

22. - Top - End - #172

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post

A while ago I asked around for the best Homestuck album both to listen to while computergaming (grinding) and as background music for tabletop RPGing.

Back then I went coloUrs and mayhem Universe A and was very pleased with the recommendation afterwards. I have grown slightly tired of it by now and looking for a second one that has a similar style. Any suggestions (no, I don't like Universe B)?
    It's short but I really like "Symphony Impossible to Play" for rpg background music. I also am quite fond for using "Strife" for battle music. A lot of the Jake/Vriska songs are also nice for background, but they're scattered around and more difficult to line up.
    Demiliches. Why'd it have to be demiliches?

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zejety View Post

Volume 5. Why?

Crystamanthequins is on it.

It's also ridiculously long, so you'll probably never grow tired because it takes ~3 hours or so to sit through the whole thing.

And the whole debacle over the joke is absurd. I don't mean that some people took offense to it - that's bound to happen - but rather what the zealots defending it said in response.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2013-01-14 at 04:49 PM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star

24. - Top - End - #174

Whelp.

Roxy is probably Reeeeeeeeal happy she's invisible right now, isn't she?

25. - Top - End - #175
    Dwarf in the Playground

Anyone notice that "Engage" is followed by planning a wedding?

26. - Top - End - #176

Aaaaand it's gone.
    Eh. I never expected the joke to last anyway. If nothing else the joke would stop being funny when the whole social justice thing stops being an immediately present thing in the webcomics community. It'd date the comic not just by when the joke was written, but culturally in the same sense that a 90's movie becomes funny when it focuses too much on bad haircuts, loud colors, and Fresh Prince references.

It did it's job though. It was funny, and it made a lot of awful people mad. That's good enough for me.

27. - Top - End - #177

You can't escape the smiles.

No one can escape the smiles.
    I Wanna Be the Guy Kid avatar by Ceika. Many thanks.

If I win, I get to be a king. If I lose, then I get to be a legend.

28. - Top - End - #178
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The_Final_Stand View Post
    You can't escape the smiles.

No one can escape the smiles.
    I see what you did there and I approve.
    In a war it doesn't matter who's right, only who's left.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

It's official. Roxy is going trickster.

30. - Top - End - #180
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Dragon View Post
    It's official. Roxy is going trickster.
    What Roxy?
    Excellent avatar by Elder Tsofu.