New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Monster Academy(IC thread)

London fingered his collar.

"I'm aware," he replied. Meeting Rook, and unlocking that new level of power...he'd initially been using her, flat out. But he did kind of owe her (which was actually most of the reason he flat out did as she said). And it was comforting, having a...he guessed he could call her a friend. He'd never thought about it, but they lived together at home for a while, and they did things that friends usually seemed to do.

"Use them as they try to use us. Very you," he said, with maybe a hint of warmth. "Fine. I'm in. But yeah, the sooner I can take this thing off on my own, the sooner I can stop having you follow me around." He said the lie without even a blink.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red:
    "That's...really weird. And kinda sad."
    "Aye, it's an annoying stereotype"
    ---
    "Ehhh... Dunno really. Not really that into drawing. Was hoping for a bit more, y'know, sculpting kinda stuff." With a shrug, she put down her name on the sheet. "Ah, why not? I'll give it a try."
    "Thank you for joining, miss" says the boy, a bit cheered up due to the new member, "we usually get together on friday and saturday, so you could probably look into the sculpting club as well if you're still interested, they meet up on saturday and sunday, so you'd be able to attend at least half the time
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

3. - Top - End - #213

"Oh, they've got their own club? I'm gonna check that out then. You coming, Aggers?" Without waiting for a response, Red wandered off in search of the club's stall.
    Akrim.elf made this avatar. She's awesome like that.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ettin in the Playground

"It was really nice to meet you! See you at the first meeting!" Agni ran off after Red before she could get too far away. "Keep your eye open for weird clubs too - I'll bet this school has all kinsd of crazy stuff!"

5. - Top - End - #215

"Ooh, nice thinking. Smarter than you look, ain't ya?" grinned Red, taking a better look at the surrounding stalls.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red:
    amongst various sports cubs or a newspaper club, you also spot more unusual ones, such as one focused on making fancy costumes, labeled the "Dandies and Dames Club", and another that looks to involve small robots, which the club owners appear to be putting into gladiatorial matches in a small fenced off area. From the sign nearby, it appears to be called the "robotics club" an oddly simple name considering the circumstances.

Finally after a bit of search find the sculpting club, it's booth decorated much like the art club's with products for sale, largely small, often painted ones of animals, both mundane and monstrous, as well as a few of plants, both normal and... fanged?.
    attending the booth is a tall boy with pale blond hair and fair and, currently examining a half finished statuette of a wild boar.
    "ah, hello there, excuse my manners" he says, in a thick Scandinavian accent, "here about the club?", and as he turned to you, you are able to see that he appears to lack an eye in his left socket, though it's mostly covered by his hair, which looks to have been brushed or combed to cover the empty eye socket.
    Meow(Steam page)
    [I]"If you are far from this regions, there is a case what the game playing can not be comfortable.["/I]

7. - Top - End - #217

Eyes immediately and none too subtly drawn to the empty socket, Red nodded. Thrusting a hand forward in greeting, she introduced herself. "Hi. I'm Red. Wanted to sign up."

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    (late response due to things being hectic the last few days, and a bit of writer’s block)

Agni, Red:
    Pushing his hair over his eye socket a bit, the boy sets down the small statuette, still only uncooked clay, and reaches for a small pad and pencil, "name please?" he asks cheerfully.
    Meow(Steam page)

9. - Top - End - #219

"Red. Just Red. You in charge of this club then? Or did they just leave ya to mind the stall?" Pausing for a moment, she gave in to curiosity. "And what's with...?" She gestured at her own left eye.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, standing behind Red, waved cheerily. "I'm Agni. Your accent sounds really familiar!"

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red:
    "And what's with...?" She gestured at her own left eye.
    ---
    The boy chuckles slightly, giving the sense people often ask, "I lost it in an incedent a few years ago, and soemthing like a missing eye is a bit harder to hide than a present but inhuman feature.."..
    "as for my acent, I lived in Denmark for several years as a child, I take it you too have spent some time in Nordic countries?"
    Meow(Steam page)

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

"Denmark, Denmark..." Agni furrowed his brow as he tried to remember his Midgard geography. "Oh right, you guys used to worship our neighbours. Small world! So you've been attending Monster Academy for a while, right? What's it like?"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red:
    "It's a bit quirky compared to human schools, despite most of our teachers and students trying to learn about them, and a lot of newbies seem to have a bit of trouble with the "look human" part, often ending up with strange hair or eyes, eye colour I mean, not the eyes them selves" he chuckles slightly at the end of his comment.
    "So what are you?, Asir?, Vanir?, Duergar?"
    Meow(Steam page)

14. - Top - End - #224

Red snorted. "Yer telling me. Seems half the people here can't even get the proportions right, let alone the face. Shame I had to go through so much bother to look like this really."

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

"Uh, not any of those things. I guess you could say I'm Norn of the above." Agni waited for everyone's no doubt uproarious laughter. "I hope none of my sisters were listening. Ygvie said she'd destine me to get run over by a truck if I made another pun like that."

16. - Top - End - #226

With the revelation that he'd intended to be funny, Red made a face at Agni. "I think ya sister has the right kinda idea." Almost as an afterthought she added "Any chance of an explanation? Some of us didn't waste time swotting up on their monster knowledge before coming here."
    Last edited by Mekboy; 2013-02-21 at 04:05 PM.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni blinked. "Oh right, I figured everyone knew about us. We're the Norns. Like corns with an N. We're a kind of spirit but also giants, sorta? It's complicated. My three grandmothers oversee Fate and keep the world tree from rotting; they govern the rise and fall of civilizations, the destinies of the gods, that sort of thing. Then below them there's me and my sisters. We mess around in the mortal world, bestow blessings and curses, decide the winners of game shows, that sort of stuff."
    Last edited by Green Bean; 2013-02-21 at 08:17 PM.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red;
    "sounds like an interesting role, my kind is not quite as.. noticeable, nor quite as appreciated"
    Last edited by Togath; 2013-02-22 at 05:55 AM.
    Meow(Steam page)

19. - Top - End - #229

"'Kay. Wow. Destinies of Gods. Big stuff then. Can't say I was expecting that." laughed Red, more than a little surprised. "Ya sure about the giant part? Ya ain't exactly, well, giant, are ya?"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

"My grandmothers are actual giant giants, but the rest of us are human sized. It'd be hard to hang out in the mortal world if we were ten feet tall. How about you two? Are you spirits too?"

21. - Top - End - #231

Jumping at a chance to talk about herself, Red began. "I dunno what you guys'd call my type. I just know we're faeries. Don't know any more specific than that. We've sorta got our own world alongside this one. Ya just gotta know the ways a getting there." She paused, before continuing with obvious pride. "Anyway, I'm pretty important myself - my mum's close enough to the Queen to be chosen as 119th in line to the throne, and dad actually got an audience with the king's son once, and nearly spoke to him too! I reckon that makes me 'bout 2,000th in line, 'cause I was pretty much the most important kid." She laughed again. "All the others wanted to be my friends. Course I didn't just let 'em be friends with me. Gotta be careful 'bout hangers-on just wanting to be mates with the 2,000th in line. They had to show they were proper friends. Course they were all stupid morons anyway. Happy to just live there forever. Boring, right? I wanna see stuff and do stuff. Besides, I'm 2,000th in line! Practically royalty! I can do what I want. So I'm here!" She beamed at Agni and the sculpting kid, proud of her explanation.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ettin in the Playground

Agni, Red:
    "I've heard of your kind as well, if I recall there's at least some relation between our kinds", he chuckles again, "since we're talking about what we are--and don't worry, it's not actually as rare as the school intends--my people are creatures such as the Banshee or Dullahan, announcers, though not necessarily bringers, of the deaths of humans"
    Meow(Steam page)