New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

[Generic Street]

"No! Let me go!" Ignai immediately starts struggling when the streamers grab hold. She manages to trip and smacks her elbow hard onto the concrete. She cries out in pain and renews her struggles.

Once again flames leap into existence around her with no direction to speak of. Nearby objects get lit on fire, but none target Sayuri or the streamers, though some come close. The clothes on Ignai's back char and burn. The streamers touching her will be exposed to some very high temperatures.

[Gerris' (new) House]

Erani will stay and chat for a while longer. Not about anything important, just to talk. Though Erani would be lying if she claimed that she wasn't trying to get an idea of how they're holding up at the same time.

Eventually, though, she'll depart. They'll be told that she'll be in touch very soon for their appointment to be taken to the hospital, so they should be ready for that.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Generic Street

In that case, Imesah can run past the nets, rolling at the end just to be safe. Once she recovers from that to see that Sayuri has shifted her attention to Ignai, her face twists in anger. She gets up and sprints towards Sayuri, and tries to take advantage of her shift in attention to slash across her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    [Generic Street]

"No! Let me go!" Ignai immediately starts struggling when the streamers grab hold. She manages to trip and smacks her elbow hard onto the concrete. She cries out in pain and renews her struggles.

Once again flames leap into existence around her with no direction to speak of. Nearby objects get lit on fire, but none target Sayuri or the streamers, though some come close. The clothes on Ignai's back char and burn. The streamers touching her will be exposed to some very high temperatures.

[Generic Street]

The streamers simply glow brighter as the flames lick around them. Sayuri, however, flinches as the fire comes close to her. Gazing at Ignai, a small grin appears on her face as she lifts the woman up a few inches off the ground. "Oh, and why should I do that? You seem like such a-"

Imesah's blade catches her completely by surprise, and a strangled gasp comes from her throat. Her aura of light manages to save her from the worst, but the sword still cuts deep, a red splotch beginning the expand across her cloak. Stumbling forward, she coughs, blood splattering the pavement. She whips her head around to glare at her assailant and raises the hand with the streamers threateningly. "Gah! That... hurt! Now- *cough* don't come any closer, or I'll do- *cough* do something bad to our fiery friend."
    Last edited by Morcleon; 2012-12-18 at 12:00 AM.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    "Was he, uh... talking to you?" Adir asks. He's got nothing to add for their needed materials, so he lets the robot go.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

"Thank you." Sakura says with a smile. She does seem a bit confused by the exchange with the robot. If there was one hing she knew next to nothing about, it's robots. She's really only seen Mia's robot briefly.

[Gerris' (new) House]

"That's good to hear. They sound like good people. So have you two been getting out and doing things recently?" Erani asks.
    [Deus Mechanicus Church]

Gabrial looks back, quiet a bit confused.

"Yes he did, but I though you already know that? Just cause they can't speak in common doesn't mean they can't do it. I think it's simular to plants. I can't understand them, but you can, right?"

Mia will arrive next post.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

4. - Top - End - #274
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal nods a little.

Yeah, good memories are always important. She falls silent for a moment, as if going through some of her own.
    Park
    The Lady nodded in response.
    "Yep."
    She yawned again and got comfortable. She began blinking slowly as she got more and more tired.
    She's had a full day so far!
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Unremarkable Street]

Hadlin stops, and stares in silence at the Lost one for a long moment. All of it was true of course. But... everything he knew, from his homeworld, suggested that beings in power wanted something back. literally everything wanted something.

And then this. This day. This insane day, away from everything he'd ever known.

More than he'd thought.

Hadlin can't form a coherent sentence at the moment. The Lost One will have the opportunity to continue speaking.

You can't! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's almost like all the rules here are different from everything you've ever known!

The Lost One quite suddenly turns into a large lit sign, with the words WELCOME TO THE NEXUS on it in large, blinking print. Wearing that jaunty hat.

To be fair, this has been made even harder on you because three of the beings you've met have been beings of chaos, self-declared or otherwise. Things that might have been (or are even now) flaunting the rules simply because they know you expect them to follow the rules.

The billboard will deflate, revealing a potted plant (wearing a jaunty hat). Of course, there is the little detail that a lot of things here (like me, again) honestly have nothing to gain from pacts or trades with mortals. Nothing but that odd, elusive thing called "entertainment." Yes, literally, the laughs at your stumbles, the awws at your tears and the awwww yeahs when you pull of something cool? That's what we have to gain. When we give something to you, we're just being enablers.

[Gerris' (new) House]

Erani will stay and chat for a while longer. Not about anything important, just to talk. Though Erani would be lying if she claimed that she wasn't trying to get an idea of how they're holding up at the same time.

Eventually, though, she'll depart. They'll be told that she'll be in touch very soon for their appointment to be taken to the hospital, so they should be ready for that.
    The Gerris will appreciate the talk, and Erani will probably get the feeling that they aren't comfortable with any of this. Not only there being two of them, but having to live with a foster family? The fact that her parents are dead? It's just all unbelievable.

Neither Gerri will say anything like that, but Erani may pick that up if she's attentive enough.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Dwarf in the Playground

Greyzone Rooftops

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    "If you believe in him, all the better," the hero says as he flies them there. "Where do you recall this all starting? The aura, I mean. Also, if you were investigating them, do you have any leads as to where these people are?"
    "Yeah one, the guy that sells the kind of drugs the group likes to use. He should know where to find them. I just got his address a bit before all this started, which wasn't too long before you showed up."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

7. - Top - End - #277
    Troll in the Playground

Ice Rink

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bushranger View Post
    [Ice Rink]

Eileen, on the other hand, waves with a - admittedly somewhat forced - smile as she approaches her arch-fiend nemesisfriendly companion and the Maggiest of All Magbots!

"Fancy seeing you here..." she says, once she gets within less-than-shouting-range, in a too-friendly tone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Ice Rink

Needs shakes his head.

"Oh, no. No, but there's only so much you can do without innate magical talent, is there? Being a Magtok sort of limited us that way. There was that, and superiors forbidding the use of sentient sacrifices in one's rites, and a notable shortage of ancient tomes and artifacts around the MagCave, too. Even so, we weren't just going to stand around and not have any sort of magical defenses, were we?

Eventually you have to start making deals with things. I leased my soul a few times to Hastur, bought some hallucinogens off The Crawling Chaos, had my left eye replaced by Horus, babysat for The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young once or twi-"

Oh look, it's Eileen! Took Needs an awful long time to notice her, didn't it? And Tracey didn't seem to do much better, either. I guess she's just not very good at being noticeable, is she?

Tracey's eyes are starting to widen at Needs's description of how he got from a normal Magtok to whatever he is now, when Eileen arrives. "Hello, Eileen." Tracey says too brightly.

The two women have been living in very small quarters. Their outlooks on life are completely different. And Eileen has been going through alcohol withdrawal. Small wonder if the two have gotten on one another's last nerve.

"I guess you aren't here to skate, what with all that shopping. Too bad, huh?" Tracey says. Completely and utterly too bad that there isn't a place to check bags, like the lockers in the skate rental hut.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

8. - Top - End - #278

[The Sitar's Strings]

The first problem to face her was a fairly obvious one. Where to start?

Amil really had no idea where to begin. These curses are incurable back home. But this isn't back home. This is the Nexus, where the rules get kicked to the curb and the impossible is trivial. So that brings her here.

Sitar's Strings.

For humans, by humans. While the wood drake obviously isn't human at the moment she's hoping that maybe someone here would know about removing curses and returning humans back to humanity. It seems like the sort of thing someone might be interested in. Or at least, maybe, they could point her in the right direction.

Before coming here Amil had stopped by a tailor's and picked up a soft brown toga-like outfit that would actually fit her totally-not-a-human body. Sure it looks weird seeing dragonish critter in clothing, but she's not about to walk around naked if she can avoid it.

She takes a deep breath before pushing the door open with a wing, though she doesn't actually step inside. At least not until someone invites her. The rules of the restaurant are obvious enough after all.

"Ah, hello there?" Amil calls out tentatively. "I was wondering if someone might be able to help me."

The wood drake frowns at the mural, then glances back inside again. The choice of painting really doesn't fit with what she's heard about the place. "This... is Sitar's Strings, right?"

[Abandoned Amusement Park]

The Cobalt Knight slooooowly rises back to his full height just shy of nine feet. Geez this guy is huge and imposing. He regards the newcomer from behind his visor and after a few seconds of silent contemplation he responds with a snort. "Since when have people started to consider vampires 'men'? Here I thought they were just nasty parasites. Like ticks or fleas or lawyers."

A laugh follows. A nasty, mean spirited laugh like tar boiling on white hot rocks.

"I killed him because I'm getting payed to clear the undead neck-nibblers out of here. You have a problem with that, fleshling?"
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-12-18 at 12:27 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

9. - Top - End - #279

Generic Street

"Let her go, coward," Imesah says, with a firm scowl on her face. "Your fight is with me."

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post

You can't! It doesn't make any sense whatsoever. It's almost like all the rules here are different from everything you've ever known!

The Lost One quite suddenly turns into a large lit sign, with the words WELCOME TO THE NEXUS on it in large, blinking print. Wearing that jaunty hat.

To be fair, this has been made even harder on you because three of the beings you've met have been beings of chaos, self-declared or otherwise. Things that might have been (or are even now) flaunting the rules simply because they know you expect them to follow the rules.

The billboard will deflate, revealing a potted plant (wearing a jaunty hat). Of course, there is the little detail that a lot of things here (like me, again) honestly have nothing to gain from pacts or trades with mortals. Nothing but that odd, elusive thing called "entertainment." Yes, literally, the laughs at your stumbles, the awws at your tears and the awwww yeahs when you pull of something cool? That's what we have to gain. When we give something to you, we're just being enablers.
    [Unremarkable Street]

Hadlin just stares for a moment longer, before working this through in his mind. "I... doubt it's the end all be all, given every individual, including powerful beings, is different, but... Does that mean you'd be willing to provide me with a pact? I realize it's selfish of me to ask, but this is something of an opportunity."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

11. - Top - End - #281

The Sitar's Strings
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [The Sitar's Strings]

She takes a deep breath before pushing the door open with a wing, though she doesn't actually step inside. At least not until someone invites her. The rules of the restaurant are obvious enough after all.

"Ah, hello there?" Amil calls out tentatively. "I was wondering if someone might be able to help me."

The wood drake frowns at the mural, then glances back inside again. The choice of painting really doesn't fit with what she's heard about the place. "This... is Sitar's Strings, right?"

"You're not very clever, are you?"

James Dalton attempts to elbow his way past and into the restaurant. His lips look a bit redder than usual, and there's an ugly blister along the corner of his mouth, sliding down towards his chin. Burns from sloppy, careless arson projects, I take it? Your criminal endeavors are going to get you killed one of these days, Dalton.

"I mean, you haven't any sort of crowd behind you to protest with, you're not armed or magicked up for a vigilante smackdown, and arriving here just when the paint's dried and everyone here's mad as hell about everything? That takes a special kind of stupid. I mean, even for an iguana, that ain't smart."
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

12. - Top - End - #282

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Park
    The Lady nodded in response.
    "Yep."
    She yawned again and got comfortable. She began blinking slowly as she got more and more tired.
    She's had a full day so far!
    Krystal hears the yawn and looks to her companion.

If you want, you could stay the night at my place. We can work on finding you a place of your own tomorrow.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

13. - Top - End - #283

[Sitar's Strings]

Amil glances over her shoulder if only to confirm that there is not, in fact, a crowd of protesters behind her that formed without her knowledge. Nope. No angry mob. She turns back to Dalton and when she speaks up her voice sounds as confused as her expression looks.

"I... what? No," the wood drake gives a shake of her head. "I'm not here to protest. That's absurd. I'm here because I was hoping that someone could help. Or... point me in the right direction at least."

Deep breath. Hopefully the sorta ugly looking guy doesn't interrupt her with snarking before she can continue.

"I... used to be human. I was cursed. For a while I could at least make myself look... passably like myself. But I can't anymore. I want my humanity back. And since humanity is valued here so much I thought... maybe someone here might know how to help?"

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

[Generic Street]

Ignai struggles against her bonds, but she's not strong enough to hope to break free. The fires only get worse. Here and there the air itself lights up and more and more small fires form around them, one very close to Imesah. As close as Imesah and Sayuri are, they'll feel that the air is becoming uncomfortably hot, like standing too close to a bonfire. Imesah may catch sight of Ignai's eyes, and she'll see they're nothing more than two points of searing bright flame.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

The Sitar's Strings - last night

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by OrchestraHc View Post
    [Sitar's Strings - 1 am]

The sound of skate wheels echoes through the night as a group of people, dressed for the cold and all wearing masks, approach the restaurant closed for the night.

A series of nods passes between them. There's no discussion this time. This isn't an art project, this is a statement they've practiced for weeks. A statement against what the human supremacists have been inciting, directly or not.

The location was obvious. It was the worst kept secret that this was the front for their crap. It's the single human-only restaurant in the city.

Their spray guns begin to hiss as they begin their work...

Assuming it goes uninterrupted, the group will finish before dawn and scatter. The tagging will be a mural of different couples all of various races embracing each other in almost a ballroom-like scene from the way they hold each other, painted over the front of the restaurant, windows and doors included. Orc and elf, goblin and man, Halfling and dwarf, and front and center a human woman and a humanoid male with what can be assumed draconic features engagning in a kiss painted right on the door, they're heads, peeking just above the door frame, so even if if the door were propped open the kiss would still be visible.

And far to the right, a series of signatures:
    General Surgeon aka "The Doc"
    Freakin A!
    All-hallows Eve
    Shady Spring
    Speakeasy
    Impractical Joker
    Beautiful M.E.

Of course, that's just if all goes as planned. Interruptions happen.

It seems the vandals have successfully pulled off their plan and escaped!

The Sitar's Strings - This morning

The manager, Jan, is on the phone trying to track down anyone who can remove graffiti. The teenage waiter, Scott, is carrying a ladder out from the back along with a couple of tarps to try and cover it.

Emily, the teenage waitress, is the one to meet Amil and James. "Humans only. Get out." she says. She's not only far less friendly than before her encounter with Clarissa and Becky, but she's secretly terrified. Nonhuman monsters are SCARY.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-12-18 at 03:00 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

16. - Top - End - #286

The quesion is. Who would visit the Sitar's String while closed.

In the morning Zefir arrived. It's a few days ago since the fire thing and Zefir feels save to return. As he looks up he notice the boys attemp to cover the picture. He needs a moment to see what the picture is a bout and then goes over to the boy.

"Hey boy! That way it ill need hours. Would your father mind f someone just throws color over the picture?"
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

17. - Top - End - #287

Sitar's Strings

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Sitar's Strings]

Deep breath. Hopefully the sorta ugly looking guy doesn't interrupt her with snarking before she can continue.

"I... used to be human. I was cursed. For a while I could at least make myself look... passably like myself. But I can't anymore. I want my humanity back. And since humanity is valued here so much I thought... maybe someone here might know how to help?"

"Huh. A charity case if there ever was one, then. Problem is, restaurants aren't typically in the whole not-for-profit biz, are they? And I don't think Remnant would write this off my taxes, either."

Ignore the fact that Remnant doesn't actually tax anyone for a moment. He's asking for money, Amil. Dinero. Compensation. Nobody with any sense in this city works for free, much less a bunch of vile, despicably racist terrorists, right? He glances towards Emily, mutters something about getting the usual and dealing with this gecko on his own. This shouldn't take much longer; once Amil realizes she's poor and ugly and nobody here likes her, she should be gone in an instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

18. - Top - End - #288
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unremarkable Street

I'm done done with my tangent yet. We can chat business when I'm done.

Yes, every one is different. I'm sure there are plenty of things that will make deals with you like you're used to. At the same time, there are things which will pretend to cooperate you and actively plot your downfall because they're evil. On the other hand, there are things that might honestly come to care about you, as a person, as opposed to just "one of those mortals I have a pact with."

The potted plant, that has been scootching along beside Hadlin, tips over and the plant itself crawls out of the pot, the leaves acting like insectile legs.

Now, extrapolate.

19. - Top - End - #289

Abandoned Amusement Park

Iamar is hardly intimidated by Rebonack's size or laugh. The laugh in particular just reminded her of a Templar. "Killing for profit is intolerable in this city," Iamar says as she drops to the ground. "Lay down your weapon and I will place you in the custody of Remnant." The Cobalt Knight may notice Iamar's own weaponry, assorted of two swords, long and short, several throwing knives, and a small crossbow.

20. - Top - End - #290

[Abandoned Amusement Park]

Silence.

Dead silence.

"Oh gods above and devils below, you're one of those undead rights zealots, aren't you?"
    Rebonack groans as he sets his axe in its harness and begins walking away. "I miss the old days when you could put down an unholy abomination against life and no one would give a damn. Hell! They might even throw you a party in one of those bass ackwards peasant communities for routing a few ghouls."

It doesn't sound like he's going to surrender. But it doesn't sound like he's going to fight either.

"Now sod off, fleshling. I've got a job to do and you're scaring away the creepers."

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Unremarkable Street

I'm done done with my tangent yet. We can chat business when I'm done.

Yes, every one is different. I'm sure there are plenty of things that will make deals with you like you're used to. At the same time, there are things which will pretend to cooperate you and actively plot your downfall because they're evil. On the other hand, there are things that might honestly come to care about you, as a person, as opposed to just "one of those mortals I have a pact with."

The potted plant, that has been scootching along beside Hadlin, tips over and the plant itself crawls out of the pot, the leaves acting like insectile legs.

Now, extrapolate.
    [Unremarkable Street]

"You, I'd peg as the type to find amusement in me, am I right?" Hadlin says. This is all new to him, certainly, so he may be well off the mark, "You don't really seem to fit into any sort of 'Evil' paradigm, just whimsicality. That said, the name "Corrupter" has interesting connotations that I'll probably get the ddispleasure of experiencing."
    Last edited by Halae; 2012-12-18 at 04:29 PM.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Sitar's Strings

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

In the morning Zefir arrived. It's a few days ago since the fire thing and Zefir feels save to return. As he looks up he notice the boys attemp to cover the picture. He needs a moment to see what the picture is a bout and then goes over to the boy.

"Hey boy! That way it ill need hours. Would your father mind f someone just throws color over the picture?"
    "My father? Why would he have anything to do with it?" Scott asks. Brian Starling is not Scott's father. He doesn't have any children.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Sitar's Strings

"Huh. A charity case if there ever was one, then. Problem is, restaurants aren't typically in the whole not-for-profit biz, are they? And I don't think Remnant would write this off my taxes, either."

Ignore the fact that Remnant doesn't actually tax anyone for a moment. He's asking for money, Amil. Dinero. Compensation. Nobody with any sense in this city works for free, much less a bunch of vile, despicably racist terrorists, right? He glances towards Emily, mutters something about getting the usual and dealing with this gecko on his own. This shouldn't take much longer; once Amil realizes she's poor and ugly and nobody here likes her, she should be gone in an instant.
    "Yeah, sure, Dalton," Emily says. She heads back to the kitchen to tell them Dalton's order.

Meanwhile, Brian Starling is approaching the restaurant, already looking displeased at the vandalism.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

23. - Top - End - #293
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotting Baron View Post
    Generic Street

"Let her go, coward," Imesah says, with a firm scowl on her face. "Your fight is with me."
    [Generic Street]

Ignai struggles against her bonds, but she's not strong enough to hope to break free. The fires only get worse. Here and there the air itself lights up and more and more small fires form around them, one very close to Imesah. As close as Imesah and Sayuri are, they'll feel that the air is becoming uncomfortably hot, like standing too close to a bonfire. Imesah may catch sight of Ignai's eyes, and she'll see they're nothing more than two points of searing bright flame.

[Generic Street]

Wincing at the heat, Sayuri takes a step away from Ignai, the streamers lengthening to allow this. She smiles grimly at Imesah. "With you? Oh, my fight is with the both of you. After all, I can't very well fight honestly, can I? After all, I'm the evil side to Hikari's good."

Winking and cackling softly, she leaves her next question hanging in the air. "So, how will you proceed, paladin? Will you attack me, knowing you will be harming both the innocent Ignai and the good Hikari, or will you try to appeal to my better nature? Decisions, decisions..."
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

24. - Top - End - #294

[Sitar's Strings]

Amil makes a bit of a frown. Mostly she's just interested in information. And this guy didn't even confirm whether or not he had any that would be relevant. Just that he wants money.

It isn't that Amil is lacking in funds. She has a well paying job after all. But she doesn't feel like throwing money at this guy on the off chance that he might know something useful.

Also? He kind of creeps her out in that greasy thug sort of way. Certainly looks the part.

"Sorry for wasting your time, then," the wood drake huffs before turning to leave. Well. Her one idea for finding a lead just got shot down. Maybe she could call Kate? Kate might be able to think of something.

She starts slinking off, pausing to glance at the mural that someone had painted on the front of the store again. She never really understood the whole 'pure humans only' thing. And she's lost a job before due to ceasing being a human. Her old boss had a pretty strict human only policy. It wasn't ever a problem before. Until she got eaten by an alien.

But intentionally antagonizing them like this? Why? Isn't that just going to make things worse?

"Sorry about what happened to your restaurant, for whatever that's worth," the wood drake comments to those busy trying to cover it up.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2012-12-18 at 04:42 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unremarkable Street

Perhaps. Or perhaps I want you to think I'm just a silly thing with no overarching schemes. Or maybe I'm a silly thing with silly schemes.

The plant immolates, and the thick cloud of smoke emerges and begins to move with Hadlin. It doesn't smell like smoke, though. And it's still wearing that hat.

But I was instead referring to the Nexus as a whole. The whole thing where you're being introduced to insane things that don't make sense? That, you will discover, applies to much more than powerful beings. Technology, magic, people... you've seen some very interesting variations of these, but you didn't know what they were, simply filing them away under weird things.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unremarkable Street]

"I'm not sure what you're trying to get me to realize," Hadlin says, frowning, "This whole place makes sense, from a certain perspective but... I don't have enough information to formulate the purpose behind it all."

27. - Top - End - #297
    Dwarf in the Playground

Unremarkable Street

Heh

Heh hah hee

Sorry, it's just- pffffahahahahahahaaaa...

Okay, okay, back on topic.

Everything here is new and odd, something that makes you nervous. And well it should, given that here things can be very odd, indeed.

Think fast.

The smoke will disappear, and there will be a screeching noise from somewhere above him and a small UFO will crash into the street, coming to a stop behind Hadlin. It's big enough to block off the whole street. Rubble falls down everywhere, but none of it is a threat to Hadlin.

A hatch pops open, about the size of a double door, and inside are three... men? They are very tall and skinny men, wearing ties, suits and sunglasses. One emits a hiss and picks up a laser gun... which Hadlin might not recognize at all, depending on how his technology knowledge is.

28. - Top - End - #298

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    Greyzone Rooftops

"Yeah one, the guy that sells the kind of drugs the group likes to use. He should know where to find them. I just got his address a bit before all this started, which wasn't too long before you showed up."
    "That's perfect!" Young Star say, lightly jostling the passenger. "Can you tell me where he is? I can shake him down for the info while you deal with the spell."

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    The Sitar's Strings - last night

It seems the vandals have successfully pulled off their plan and escaped!

The manager, Jan, is on the phone trying to track down anyone who can remove graffiti. The teenage waiter, Scott, is carrying a ladder out from the back along with a couple of tarps to try and cover it.

Emily, the teenage waitress, is the one to meet Amil and James. "Humans only. Get out." she says. She's not only far less friendly than before her encounter with Clarissa and Becky, but she's secretly terrified. Nonhuman monsters are SCARY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post

Sitar's Strings

Actually a block and a half or so down, behind a trash can, and looking through binoculars, a team of three are staring at the restaurant. One of them pulls out a walky-talky, and communicates with a team about the same distance in the opposite direction.

"Alpha team to Bravo team. Do you copy? Over." A huge grin is plastered on her face

"Loud and Clear Alpha team? What's your visual? Over."

"Reptilian creature and one of the regulars are talking outside, and the Queen Bee just walked back in. Pimple Face is still on the ladder talking to another regular and King Bastard himself has just walked up. When do we charge? Over."

"When did you come up with code names for them?" the boy of the group asks.

"Shh!"

"When the reptile is clear. No sense endangering a civilian. Over."

"Standing ready. Over and out."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ogre in the Playground

[Unremarkable Street]

Hadlin will move away from the ship as it crashes, finding a safe spot in behind cover for the moment.

... Yeah, that's not good. These things are obviously not human. Hadlin levels a hand at the thin men, and from his wrist, something happens.

A large blue creature emerges, three headed - two with the head of a wolf, the middle with the head of a tiger. It's blue fur is tiger striped with black, and a pair of crystalline wings (too small to really be of any use) sprout from its back.

"Gazren, attack!"

The Thin men will have a moment to respond before they have an artcic chimera eating them.

30. - Top - End - #300

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Krystal hears the yawn and looks to her companion.

If you want, you could stay the night at my place. We can work on finding you a place of your own tomorrow.
    Park
    The Lady nodded.
    "That sounds...good."
    She rubbed her eyes and muffled a yawn.
    "So where's your place?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life