New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16171819202122232425262728293031323334353651 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 49

Sewers- Hosted by Black, Kirlia, and Yuki

"Eh, I don't see why not. Go ahead and fry them." Yuki shrugs and grins under armor. "I'll go see who that voice comes from."

And he walks cautiously toward the source of the purple colored voice.
    Avatar of Furude Setsuna, by Telasi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mephit View Post
    Don't worry, I like my characters the way I like my coffee: Strong, but with no cheese in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Akagi
    Don't hesitate to tell the people you care about the feelings you have for them, because they may not be there tomorrow.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

"Hey, ya got an issue wit Change, ya know where ya can take it."

"Yeah, I do. And this time, there's gonna be a new chief." He steps forward menacingly. "And then there will be some changes around here."

"Quit flappen yer yap trap an make the challenge."

"Yeah. I will. Get out here, Kilt! Today's the day that I take over."

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

"Change" will follow the hammer-armed freak out of the surgical area to go and see what exactly is going to happen. If nothing else, it's sure to be interesting. For now, though, she remains silent.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

Dok Chop also follows.

"Come on, Kilt! I'm tired of sitting around! It's time that we take this city by storm!"

The door to the offices opens and Kilt barges out. "I'm sorry, Eunich, did you just challenge me? I thought I made it clear last time that if you did that again something you actually used would be removed."

"I don't have anything to fear from a nun," the challenger replies.

Kilt looks confused. "I'm just going to assume that was an insult. But look, I'm in a good mood and you're useful. If you walk away now, I'll pretend this never happened."

The challenger's reply is profanity. Kilt answers with far more artistic profanity and spins up her saw.

The challenger (Eunich?) charges forward to smash Kilt with his hammer. Kilt dodges, striking back with her saw... which Eunich parries. It goes back and forth for a bit, neither one gaining a real edge... until Kilt knocks the hammer aside with enough force to make an opening and proceeds to punch him in the face.

And a few seconds later, a kidney.

A weapon lock is broken, and punctuated by a kick to the knee, driving Eunich to the ground.

Kilt then walks away, and pulls out a pistol from just inside her Kilt. She then empties it into him.

Shen then walks over and shows no lick of mercy. Suffice to say the only thing remotely salvageable is the hammer arm; everything else needs a mop and bucket.

And then Kilt looks to the crowd.

"I didn't want to kill him. He was tough as all get out, a good fighter, and useful. But I did because he was an idiot. ARE THERE ANY OTHER IDIOTS IN THE AUDIENCE?"

"No?"

"Good."

Kilt then turns to go back into the offices.
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-01 at 04:33 PM.

5. - Top - End - #755
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

Change stretches and goes over to poke the corpse.

The metal armo should disconnect from the rest of the body. Assuming this happens, Change will carry the arm over to the Dok, "You can use this, right?"

6. - Top - End - #756
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

The arm is a left arm, the same one that Kilt has her saw on. "Yeah, we'll have someone patch it up and Dok'll attach it to however earns it." She looks down at the mess. "Someone clean this up." Kilt is distracted, eying the arm with... annoyance? She's very upset about something about that arm.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

Change will hand the arm to Dok.

... And then stand still, not actually sure what she should be doing. She'll look around at everybody, just trying to think about what she can do that's fun. Fun being transformations.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

Lots of the freaks are looking at her, too.

"Wada 'bout you, Change? Do ya have any ideas wat ta do with da arm? Ah dink it needs a lil bit of mmprovement, some 'urty bits. Oi, Kilt, who gets it?"

Kilt sighs. "I don't know." She then walks away.

Dok slings the arm over his shoulder and begins to walk toward the surgical area. "Man, dere's got to be eight freaks dat've earned dis arm. Choosin one's gonna be 'ard fer 'er."
    Last edited by Lost_Deep; 2013-01-01 at 06:14 PM.

9. - Top - End - #759
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Market Street]

The odd woman tilts her head off to the side a bit. "Wise one? Hehehehehe! I think you might have me confused for someone else."

...wait.

What?

What the hell was that?

Probably a decent idea not to dwell on it too much.

"Asking 'where' in a place that isn't spatially static is kind of a silly question. You're where you are and that's the best you can do! How am I supposed to tell you what's to come next? That's up to you. Do you want to go home? Or do you want to brave the madness and see what adventure is in store?"

Market Street

"I was hoping maybe for some sort of advice or something." Jake mumbled quietly to himself. "Well, yeah, I suppose that's true. My future is my own, and to depend on another to find it is weak. Thanks, I guess."
    The girl he was talking to - he still hadn't gotten her name - was strange, to say the least; while she had taken human form, Jake couldn't help but feel that she was more than that, as if she was a being of power. Perhaps not omnipotent, but she... knew things. Jake didn't know how, but he knew that she did.
    The pear that he had been given was now reduced to its core, and Jake kept it in his pocket, not wanting to litter but not bothered to look around for a trash can. "Want a chocolate?" He asked, digging into his other pocket and pulling out a small milk chocolate bar. "I owe you for the pear, and I'd rather not leave debts unpaid."
    You've nothing to fear but fear itself.
    And that crazy guy with a chainsaw behind you.
    The Cost to Save the World - My POKEMON fanfiction RECENTLY UPDATED
    Morality is for people who don't have other people trying to kill them every five minutes - Gordon Freeman
    NEXUS CHARACTERS

10. - Top - End - #760
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Market Street]

"Weak?"
    the odd woman replies, wrinkling her nose a bit as she accepts the chocolate bar. The candy is unwrapped and slowly eaten in a completely normal and not at all creepy fashion. "Deferring to the judgement of others to help make a decision isn't weak. If the only person holding you up is you then who will catch you when you fall?"

Yep.

Most certainly weird.

She's just talking around in circles.

Once the chocolate bar is finished she sticks her tongue out of the corner of her mouth slightly before hopping up and grabbing an overhanging branch of the now full-sized pear tree. She hauls herself up and loops her lags over the branch.

Welp. She's hanging upside down now.

"Thanks for the chocolate bar. It was good!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Deep View Post
    Freaktown

Lots of the freaks are looking at her, too.

"Wada 'bout you, Change? Do ya have any ideas wat ta do with da arm? Ah dink it needs a lil bit of mmprovement, some 'urty bits. Oi, Kilt, who gets it?"

Kilt sighs. "I don't know." She then walks away.

Dok slings the arm over his shoulder and begins to walk toward the surgical area. "Man, dere's got to be eight freaks dat've earned dis arm. Choosin one's gonna be 'ard fer 'er."
    [Freaktown]

"Why don't we give them all metal arms then?" Change asks. It's not like she couldn't do it herself.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

"'cause we only got the one. 'less ya can jus' poof metal arms right onta 'dere bodies-" Dok stops mid-sentence, and then turns to look at Change.

"Can ya?"

13. - Top - End - #763
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

Change Looks up at the Dok, a produces a cutesy smile. That should tell you all you really need to know.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

Dok smiles back, and starts strolling toward the surgery area, waving at Change to follow. "Ya want to trow dat by Kilt first, or ya wan ta make it a surprise?"

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

"Surprises are fun," Change says, "Why don't we bring in the first of them and I can work my special talents?"

16. - Top - End - #766
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

Dok places the arm in the area and says, "Be roit bak, make yerself comfy." He will then head back out.

After a minute, he will get back with one of the few freaks that change might recognize: that one quiet freak that she ran into with the other two. He looks at Change, and then at Dok quizzically.

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

"Alright, I have a deal for you,"
    She says, grinning, "I get to change something about you that I want, and you get a change you want. Deal?" She's currently sitting on a couch off to the side. Yes, there's totally a couch.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

The Dok smiles. "Fast wun, ain't she? Yeah, dat's bout wut I do. I git t do all mah 'spiriments while I patch 'm full o' stuffs."

The quiet freak shrugs. "Sure. Make me a swiper." Change might remember the swiper notes in the papers: Huge claws or lethal scythes.

"Be Orky!" The Ork encourages.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

Change will walk up to the Freak and place her hand on his chest. After a moment of pain, his right arm should end up as a massive robotic scythe, with a blocky design similar to the one in the picture.

He may also feel like he's a bit too full, given she just gave him double of every major organ. He now runs with the efficiency of two humans at once! the double heartbeat may be a bit disconcerting though. He's even got a redundant nervous system.
    Last edited by Halae; 2013-01-01 at 08:19 PM.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

The quiet freak will take a swing or two with the blade, seemingly happy with it. He then looks down at himself. "What else did you change, gal?" he asks curiously.

The Dok rolls his eyes. He doesn't know, either, but figures that the kid could afford to go experiment.

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

"Everybody has... meaty stuff inside them. You've got double the meaty stuff now," change says. She doesn't actually know the word for organs.

22. - Top - End - #772
    Troll in the Playground

[Ice Rink]

Eileen gives Needs a slightly odd look, of the 'was that supposed to be intimidating' fashion, then grins.
    "Bet you can't catch me."

And she then skates after Tracey!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

23. - Top - End - #773

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdEmperor View Post
    Hall of Heroes

"Down the hall. Warn you, it's a uni-species one." The guard says distractedly, already attempting to peer over Pepperjack's shoulder to see what Melbourne's up to. The Merkin would have done well to be more subtle in drooling all over the exhibits. They get one like him in here every week, looking to snag something.

And what just what is Mel up to?

Pressing his secondary hands to and leaning his forehead against the display wall, Melbourne whispers, almost sings to it. Not in English, Mer, not in any normal language, but in the song of deep magic, the tongue of the ocean and the leviathans that rule it.

Concentric ripples spread outwards on the glass from Melbourne touches it, then the wall draws back entirely, creating a doorway into the display behind. With a grunt Mel hoists himself up and scuttles his crustacean bulk through, stuffing the wire into his pockets before heading for his own prize.

I think the Merkin might have been expecting a slightly more... flashy sort of distraction. Or possibly, a more lethal one.

In either case, Pepperjack will need to think of something fast if he doesn't want the guard to see what his 'pal' is up to.
    [Hall of Heroism]

Pepperjack flicks the brim of his bowler hat so that it falls and balances on his shoulder. "Does it have an attendant?" He asks, not breaking stride, "I do prefer to have someone waiting with a hot towel, you know?" Shifting to the side he lets his hand roll down his arm and into his hand. Passing it behind him he pulls a yellow handkerchief out of his pocket and places it in his hat. "It's quite refreshing. You should try it some time." With his other hand he pushes his hat at the guard's face. The napkin should knock him out, like chloroform. It's boorish to kill someone for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Chasing those crazy kids!
    As they zoom out of sight, Treb sighed. He wasn't good at following people at all! And it isn't like the questions he had were that important anyways.
    He shrugged, giving up and going into the shops of Inside if he's not stopped.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Maeve, who's hardly slow even without magical assistance, and probably knows this area at least as well as they do, having lived on the streets for quite a while, darts after them, draining the speed out of several passersby and a few hummingbirds to give herself an advantage as she does.
    [Chasing the Kids

C'mon Treb! Where's your fighting spirit? The kids can't really do anything to stop Treb. That's too bad. I have it on good authority at least one member of the Guild is a brony.

As for Naeve, she gets there in time to see the teens running out of the alley to the left. Both walls of the alley, however; happen to be covered in large red polka dots.

Just worth mentioning. They aren't important.

Yet.

Quote Originally Posted by McBish View Post
    [Tavern]

The bartender looks up and nods. "Yeah the owner rents it out, you looking for a place to rent? Those stairs head up to it so do the ones outside." He leans on the bar as he talks more then happy to have something other then work to fill his time.
    [Tavern]

"That's perfect." Louis says enthusiastically. "Do you know how many rooms are open?"

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

24. - Top - End - #774
    Dwarf in the Playground

[Tavern]

"There are just the three rooms. Two are occupied right at the moment, the third one just opened up. I could give the owner a call if you are interested at taking a look."
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

25. - Top - End - #775
    Dwarf in the Playground

Freaktown

The Quiet freak looks confused, and then the Dok guffaws and slaps him on the back. "Redundancy is good!" he says, and then rushes the freak out of the area.

"Lemme get de odders an we can git rollin!"

((how much of this do you want to streamline/hand wave/gloss over?))

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

[Freaktown]

((I'll do them all :D))

27. - Top - End - #777

Magmart

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Magmart]

"Magtok, All you ever seem to do is gain power. We're standing in a monument to the fact that 80% of all industrialized goods in the Nexus have a "Mag-" brand name, you recently became close to the leader of AMEN, you're constantly surrounding yourself with powerful individuals, and you lobby for social power constantly by being - no offense - something of a diva and presenting yourself and your moniker on everything. There's nobody in the Nexus that doesn't know the name "Magtok" unless they just got here or they've been living away from technology. The Agent Chrome movies are an excellent example."

Harnel shrugs, "Not that any of this is bad, per se."

The cyborg shakes his head.

"Reinholdt lives quite comfortably in GLoG. As does Julie and her husband, despite what they did to me. I only just barely took down Zeus, only to be murdered off-screen by his kids. The human supremacy movement remains unpunished for what it did to me. My powerful individuals can only be bothered to help with anything if there's a large paycheck and/or their own self-interests at stake.

You could kill me, right here and now, with enough pressure to my neck, take everything you want, and then escape into the skies before my robots or other clones could do any more than leave some mild scorch marks on your scales."

Magtok pauses for dramatic effect, to let everything he just said really sink in.

"I only look powerful so long as you and everyone else continues to do exactly what I want you to do. So long as everyone only looks at the carefully crafted image and not reality, I'm fine. So long as you all overestimate me, Remnant's not going to do a clean sweep through my Cave and gun down everyone in it, WATCH doesn't have the gonads to insist I submit to regular inspections for potentially apocalyptic material, and the Wall's Pest of the Month takes his business elsewhere when he's looking for someone to invade. The only reason I'm even telling you any of this is, of course, is because the lie's been woven so well, nobody would ever really believe it. Not when I killed a deity on live television, right?"

Ice Rink

Oh noes! The important one! She's clearly annoyed with Eileen and her shenanigans! Musn't let the booze-monkey upset her further! Move, Needs! Catch up, before Eileen takes advantage of your absence to be a humongous butt!

"A dead god could best you in any race imaginable. After all, the stars have to be right eventually, don't they?"

Ooooh, smack talk from the impish NecronomiClone! He glides right on past Eileen, skating backwards across the ice, persistently remaining exactly six feet directly ahead of her and grinning, no matter how fast or slow she goes, nor how quickly she turns.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

28. - Top - End - #778
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Morcleon View Post
    [Red Zone- Sewers]

Yuki stands slowly. An alabaster white exoskeleton armor now covers his body, subsuming his clothes and possessions. His face has a transparent shell, and he looks around, taking in a deep breath.

Armored!Yuki throws a questioning look to Kirlia. "New entity. You recognize her? Should I investigate?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    "And we are out of time." The Black Creation backs further away from the collapsed section, which by the looks of things is only going to remain that way for a few moments longer. Not good.

"I hope you do have a plan, because by the sound of things there's more of them chasing whoever that is ahead of us."

Xenodemons behind them, xenodemons in front of them...

"Alternately, if you were just planning on hitting them until they all fall down, may I suggest we wait for the person being chased and assist her in retreating to the surface and then come back with a better plan?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Sewers - Demons, Lady, Kirlia, oh my!
    Kirlia curled her hands into a reverse cupping pose.
    "Well...there's always this!"
    Focusing energy into her hands, she concentrated.
    "So...anyone care if I just fry them?"

[Sewers: Still With Kirlia, Yuki, Creations, and Caustic Demons]

One acquires armor, one prepares an attack, the other tries to inspire a plan.

Meanwhile, the pile of rubble separating them from the horde on the other side is rapidly dissolving. Each portion that dissolves, reveals more monsters trying to push themselves through the hole.

Mere moments remain.

And on their opposite end, comes running a woman in a billowing cloak, purple runes swirling around the air in her presence and periodically shooting off behind her to erect barrier walls.

Each time, stopping a different clump of monsters from rushing past towards their fleeing prey.

She doesn't seem panicked though, but rather annoyed.
    Assuming no one decides to attack her, the woman stop a fair distance away from the group, to catch her breath and look them over.
    Kirlia, specifically.

Not saying anything yet, just watching and breathing, as runes swirl about and continue with their barrier-forming duties.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Terrifying Tunnel Traps to Twilight]

Sigil keeps up the thermal drain until he's sure that the monster is well and truly dead. Most creatures can't survive having their brain frozen after all. At least not that quickly and to that degree. Enough of a chill to turn gas into a solid is probably more than what any natural anti-freeze the monster contains will be able to handle.

An ear twitches at the cry of warning and Sigil whirls around! Well bugger. Four more. And with their proximity too much area denial could hurt his friends. So instead? Instead he sings the song of Lurue, Queen of Dusk and Dawn. And at the invocation power streams from the Silver Forest to empower the mote of thermal energy which now shines with beautiful ardent light.

The silver brand is launched at the demon closest to AJ. Should it strike it'll burst into a blaze of holy silver flame and righteous retribution against these abominations of all that is good. Those pure of heart have little to fear from the wrath of the alicorn queen.

Hopefully that will incapacitate at least one of the creatures.

"Applejack! Get clear, we have more company!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Game over, Mag. Game Over.

Magtok feels like an idiot. Of course. Big distracting monster up in front, slippery horde sneaking in from behind. He'd call the things clever girls, if he wasn't sure one of those dumb ponies would vainly assume he was talking about them. Besides, he's already used enough movie references down here. Any more and people are going to start confusing him with that idiotic Deadpool guy or something.

"Tell me if you're going to freeze anything else, Sigil! My gun does exactly the opposite!"

Speaking of which, it's about time this thing saw some use, isn't it? Magtok swings the weapon around, pulls the trigger, aaaand...

Nothing? No death beam, no bright lights or screechy noises or bolts of energy? No heavenly choirs or wailing death metal roars? Well that's not very exciting. What the weapon lacks in visual appeal, however, it makes up for in sheer firepower. An invisible beam of death attempts to swiftly turn any and all xenomorphs caught in its path to a immobile, harmless, steaming puddle of goo. He keeps one eye on that tunnel, though. Whatever's coming that way can't be anything good.

[Welcome to Carapaced Hell, Little Ponies]

Luna grimaces, shaking off the ill-feeling to release her magic, a stream of spell energy trailing out to hold the monsters in position.

They can't hurt what they can't reach, yes? She will keep her charges safe...

And it works beautifully for Magtok's ray, to clip towards the targets not blocked by pony-bodies.
    Which seems to be the demons crawling along the upper portions of the wall, and one of which is shortly sliding down as a mass of ooze... Nasty little weapon.

Two warnings.
    That's more than enough for Applejack to snap her head around, assess the situation, and snap a rear hoof up into the nearest demon's...where their head probably should be.

There is a sharp crack as carapace splinters, a loud hiss as dark caustic blood is released, and a pained cry as it greets a leg.

"HEY! HOW ABOUT YOU BACK OFF?"
    Fluttershy roars, snapping the other ponies out of their shocked looks just long enough to watch the normally demure pegasus proceed to slam down on the monster's back with her two forehooves.

There is an fierce rush of flames around the creature, and when she flits to the side, to pull Applejack to the side, there is nothing left but a burnt out husk.

Rarity wastes absolutely no time in quickly darting over, ducking under the energy released from Sigil to intercept the next demon in line.
    Her horn gleams, and a stream of cloth is quickly produced.
    "Oh goodness, Applejack...Fluttershy, help me tie this scarf around her leg!"

The Sigil-struck demon burns in place, although perhaps...slower, than the holy wrath of his attack would be expected to inflict.
    Curious.

Pinkie Pie, meanwhile, seems to be trying to pounce Sigil?
    "Moooooove!"

Just as the frozen husk of a monster he created moments before shatters, a smaller snake abomination tearing outwards from somewhere beyond, lancing out towards where he's standing with a very lethal speed.
    Last edited by Chaotic Bob; 2013-01-01 at 10:29 PM.
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

29. - Top - End - #779

[Oh No Not the Acid Blood!]

Sigil isn't fond of xenomorphs. Nor of those demon things that have been infecting Nexus life like a slowly creeping malignant growth. The two of them together is just terrible.

This is starting to tickle something in the back of his mind now. His Mother had to deal with these creatures once before, right? It comes rather sharply into focus when the orange earth pony gets doused with caustic goop. Aside from the no doubt horrific injury that results there's another danger.

Corruption.

"Rarity! Give Applejack the silver charm, hurr-OOF!"

And then he gets tackled clear by Pinkie Pie! Seems the Pinkie Sense just saved the day. Sigil's back had been turned and that thing probably would have done something pretty awful to him otherwise. The unicorn does his best to right himself and tries to focus on the massive monster. The others seem to be holding the smaller creatures at bay. But letting this new one flank them could be trouble.

There's not time to freeze it. So Sigil tries for something else instead. A little more energy intensive, but with just as much stopping power and a more immediate impact.

A scintillating beam lances out of his horn, taking a zig-zagging path toward the monster. Should it strike true the spell will discharge a potent temporal displacement field. Getting launched five minutes into the future won't kill the monster. But at least they won't have to deal with it for a while.

"How many are left?"
    Sigil calls out.

[Deadwood Street - Wells Estate]

Magic vision shows that whatever that box is made of is blocking most of whatever magical energy it might contain. Some is leaking out, enough to be harmless, but it isn't terrestrial magic. That's for sure.

Ace, meanwhile, notices the dragon's interest. "It's a piece of a star," she says. "From mom's home reality. That thing puts out astral magic like you wouldn't believe. None of us have found a way to directly harness it, though. So it sits in a box."
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2013-01-01 at 10:58 PM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

Deadwood Street- Wells Estate

Jace and Zebes look at each other for a second. Then they look away, with Jace smiling and Zebes giving a quiet, hissy chuckle.
    That is awesome. I didn't know stars star could fragment, but it's still awesome. The thought of a font of magic power that big gives Jace goosebumps. Not that he'd ever be crazy enough to actually be near one when exposed, but still.

[Oh! Ask her what the thingie next to it is!]
    [You're not going to go through that entire shelf, are you?]
    [Well I'm sorry that my peanut-sized brain can't conjure up a longer attention span!]
    Jace sighs, and relays the request. He could point out that Zebes' brain is entirely magic and therefore its size is irrelevant, but that would just ruin the fun.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]