New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Imp

Default Pathfinder battle report- spells are still good

You ever accidentally end up with exactly what you ask for, then realize you probably shouldn't have asked for it?

My sorc rolled very high social skill checks to see the boss of a slaving operation. So we got to see the boss. A level 9-10 antipaladin (I suspect, anyway), with his 4 guards (trippers who used captain of the watch stats; CR4 or 5 each).

Having a VoP cleric and an aasimar paladin in our party immediately tipped this guy off, so he led us into a trap. We decided to jump him first.

We got a draw, thanks to spells.

Pyrotechnics on the guards (smoke) gave them a 50% mischance. Once we discovered this guy had over 30 AC and 100 hp (done via rolling and a power word pain), we decided it was time to flee.

So I dropped a create pit on him. He made his save and got shunted to the other side. Next round he decided to jump across. A poor roll and he fell in. Next round we pulled a 50 gallon barrel of oil out of our bag of holding and tossed it in, followed by some fire. He plane shifted out (tiefling racial?).

Then we beat the snot out of the guards because high point buy.

Our party consisted of a level 3 druid, and a cleric, paladin, sorcerer and rogue, all level 4.
    Last edited by Spuddles; 2012-12-19 at 08:09 PM.
    I can do a thousand now.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Pathfinder battle report- spells are still good

Quote Originally Posted by Spuddles View Post
    You ever accidentally end up with exactly what you ask for, then realize you probably shouldn't have asked for it?

My sorc rolled very high social skill checks to see the boss of a slaving operation. So we got to see the boss. A level 9-10 antipaladin (I suspect, anyway), with his 4 guards (trippers who used captain of the watch stats; CR4 or 5 each).

Having a VoP cleric and an aasimar paladin in our party immediately tipped this guy off, so he led us into a trap. We decided to jump him first.

We got a draw, thanks to spells.

Pyrotechnics on the guards (smoke) gave them a 50% mischance. Once we discovered this guy had over 30 AC and 100 hp (done via rolling and a power word pain), we decided it was time to flee.

So I dropped a create pit on him. He made his save and got shunted to the other side. Next round he decided to jump across. A poor roll and he fell in. Next round we pulled a 50 gallon barrel of oil out of our bag of holding and tossed it in, followed by some fire. He plane shifted out (tiefling racial?).

Then we beat the snot out of the guards because high point buy.

Our party consisted of a level 3 druid, and a cleric, paladin, sorcerer and rogue, all level 4.
    Though I like Pathfinder as much as 3.5 ... I absolutely hate Paizo for getting my hopes up with a "balanced" system. In no way is the game balanced and as you found out... Full casters and magic are still king/queen of the game.

Though really your DM was being nice I think...

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Griffon

How dare Paizo not make spellcasters suck!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by navar100 View Post
    How dare Paizo not make spellcasters suck!
    How dare Paizo lie to about a product just to make money!

Oh wait why did I make that blue....