Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MLP FiM: Bridle Shores Time Bubble thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    Over Bridle Shores

"Hehe...ya might jinx us with saying that,"
    He jokingly winked.

Anyways, they sailed some more over the patch of forest that stood in the way of the outskirts of town and the beautiful crystal clear lake.
    "Hah! I doubt that." She says as she just looks around at the various scenes of nature before her.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

Sandy rubbed his mane in bewilderment. Things with "no side effects" just didn't happen to luckless ponies like him. "What about you? What'll gettin' this Cookie cost you?" He suddenly remembered Silverpine was sitting right next to him, and was still in the dark regarding Snickers' 'friends'. "Uh, I mean, it might cost you some extra bits t'get it on short notice." He grinned nervously; that was a close one.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

The period ended and the crowd noise softened. This gave Grills a chance to talk to Fox. "So what are you going do about your lady problems?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

Bridle Shores Lake

Eventually, the group arrived at the picturisque lake beyond the short patch of forest. The lake itself with its crystal waters, ya know, when the sun hit it just right, lay at the bottom of Mt Trotia, the grand sole white capped peak. Around the sides of the lake were rows of pine trees and other high altitude flora.

Mrs Chaser parked the wagon close to the edge of the forest as it touched ground. She stretched a bit and folded her wings as she unhooked the harness off herself.

"Weeeeeeee! we're here....!"
    Cloud happily yelled as she hopped out of the wagon.

Spark, like a little gentlecolt, got out first and provided his assistance to help 'Smoothie' out as he gave her a little smile.
    ==========

Filly Stadium

Fox froze for a moment and nervously wiped his forehooves against himself. This third degree on top of being really thirsty, yesh.

"Uh uh...w-well....I'm going to...uh...figure something out..."
    He stammered out a response.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

Fox froze for a moment and nervously wiped his forehooves against himself. This third degree on top of being really thirsty, yesh.

"Uh uh...w-well....I'm going to...uh...figure something out..."
    He stammered out a response.
    The chef unicorn looked at his almost twin. "Well if I were you, I'd decide who I'm going to be with quick and remove the other from mind. Completely if possible.... though unlikely. Don't make the mistake I did."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

[The Beach]

Garion let his cloud go once the lake came into view. That little bit of sky and the flight over would've been enough for his imagination for one day. Now, they were touching down near more water than he'd ever seen in his entire life, surrounded by a dirt-rock-dust that poofed and shifted when Cloud jumped on it.

If his eyes got any wider, they'd fall right off his head.

With an excited shout, he dove from the wagon into the sandy beach, instantly enamored with the feel of the grit beneath his hooves. He plopped down on his haunches, scooping up piles of the stuff and letting it run out back to the ground. All the while he watched, eyes aglow and mouth hanging open. It poured, but it was solid. It was warm and scratchy. It slid into piles when you dropped it, but blew away in the wind when you picked bits of it out. So much to explore, so much to discover, where could he even begin?!

Garion rolled around in the sand, giggling like mad and wrinkling his nose in delight.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Stadium]

Sandy rubbed his mane in bewilderment. Things with "no side effects" just didn't happen to luckless ponies like him. "What about you? What'll gettin' this Cookie cost you?" He suddenly remembered Silverpine was sitting right next to him, and was still in the dark regarding Snickers' 'friends'. "Uh, I mean, it might cost you some extra bits t'get it on short notice." He grinned nervously; that was a close one.
    Silverpine tilted his head in silent curiosity at Sandy, though he didn't make a comment. Then he turned to Snickers. "How long would it take for you to get this Cookie anyway?"

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

"Well, that depends," Snickers muses. "Do you want a cookie, brownie, or... what? Just gimme your preference, and I'll give you a rough estimate of the cost and time."
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium Snack Bar]

Sandy pondered his confectionery options. "Hmm, cake's always nice, but tricky to move around if I don't want t'eat it right away. Bagels and muffins are easy t'carry, but they ain't so appetizin' after all the grub we'll be eatin' tonight." He shrugged. "Suppose th' plain an' simple Cookie will do; portable an' tasty."

10. - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Bridle Shores Lake

Eventually, the group arrived at the picturisque lake beyond the short patch of forest. The lake itself with its crystal waters, ya know, when the sun hit it just right, lay at the bottom of Mt Trotia, the grand sole white capped peak. Around the sides of the lake were rows of pine trees and other high altitude flora.

Mrs Chaser parked the wagon close to the edge of the forest as it touched ground. She stretched a bit and folded her wings as she unhooked the harness off herself.

"Weeeeeeee! we're here....!"
    Cloud happily yelled as she hopped out of the wagon.

Spark, like a little gentlecolt, got out first and provided his assistance to help 'Smoothie' out as he gave her a little smile.
    "Smoothie" is helped out by Spark and gives him a smile. "What would you like to do first?" She asks Spark, looking at the lake, and oooooo that beach looked nice and warm and perfect for sunbathing or a nice walk.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

Filly Stadium

Fox looked at Grills with a slight hesitation. "W-what mistake was that?"
    ============

The Beach/Lake

Cloud smirked at Garion and laughed. 'Have you never seen sand before?" She asked the silly colt.

"Uh well...first I'm gonna help momma get the beach stuff down and help with the set up,"
    Like a good son should, in an attempt to have his mum off his back about the fillyfriend stuff, somehow.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

[Da Beach]

Garion shook his head, wriggling in the sand on his back. "Nope! I asked Miss Gwyn about it, and she said it was sorta like dirt, but not like dirt, and that she'd show me it someday, but that day is today! And it's amazing! It's all flowy and solid and toasty and gritty and great!" He threw his hooves up and shook them about in glee.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

Fox looked at Grills with a slight hesitation. "W-what mistake was that?"
    "I et my ex and my current fiyfriends fight over me. If I would have been more... truthful with my thoughts." Gris then chomped on some popcorn. "We are not horselords of the Ancient Plains or Saddle Arabian sheiks of Antiquity."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Beach

"Well, don't get none in your eyes, or nose, I can't have me a scratchy court jester and all."
    She said with a playful grin and then went to help out her momma get some stuff out of the wagon.
    ==

Filly Stadium

"Ha...yea it would be a different story if we were Saddle Arabian sheiks of Antiquity. Though I don't think I would be able to handle all the affections of so many mares,"
    He put his hoof under his chin as a brief imagine spot bubble came in. There was Icy in harem clothing giving him bed room eyes and beckoning him. He blushed furiously and flailed his forelegs to whisk the day dream bubble away.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

Cloud smirked at Garion and laughed. 'Have you never seen sand before?" She asked the silly colt.

"Uh well...first I'm gonna help momma get the beach stuff down and help with the set up,"
    Like a good son should, in an attempt to have his mum off his back about the fillyfriend stuff, somehow.
    Beautiful Nightmare decides to do her best to help with that part. "Anything you'd like me to do to help, Spark, or Ms. Chaser?" She asks.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

"Ha...yea it would be a different story if we were Saddle Arabian sheiks of Antiquity. Though I don't think I would be able to handle all the affections of so many mares,"
    He put his hoof under his chin as a brief imagine spot bubble came in. There was Icy in harem clothing giving him bed room eyes and beckoning him. He blushed furiously and flailed his forelegs to whisk the day dream bubble away.
    "Having multiple mares is probably not all that great. Five times the lady-problems, am I right?" Grills thought bubbled a horde of angry and attention seeking Gwynfillions. He shivered away the fear.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

17. - Top - End - #47
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"What flavor would you like?" Snickers asks with a pleasant smile. "And you can eat it now if you want. The effects will last awhile. What sort of Cookie of Destiny would it be if it only last five minutes, right?" he grins.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

Sandy held his hooves up in protest. "Woah now, I never said I was actually goin' through with this, I'm just...y'know, explorin' my options. Seein' what's what an' all that. Gotta figure th' details first before I sign on, er, eat th' cookie in this case. I don't really fancy riskin' th' tree-chucks unnecessarily..." he muttered uneasily.

"But as far as flavors go, I do have a real hankerin' for chocolate an' chocolate chips. Th' chewy kind, if I got th' option."

[Shoreline]

Despite the near-overwhelming temptation to immediately stick his nose in the stuff, the need to help the present Ladies was stronger. Garion trotted over to help with the unloading, insisting on hefting quite a bit on his own. He was a big, strong colt, after all.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-25 at 07:21 PM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Filly Stadium

'Yea...and who needs that many problems anyway hahah...I don't see anyone being able to handle five ladies and be sane,"
    He chuckled, smacking his dry mouth together. "I need a cider."
    -

Somewhere in another universe, a stallion named Balboa Shag, blink up from his newspaper and sipped some vodka.

======

The Lake/Beach

"Huh?..Oh ah, well, if you could help just carry some stuff that would be sweet of you,"
    She said nudging the picnic blanket towards the unicorn filly.

Spark would feel a bit of a competitiveness from the younger colt. Rather, he got competitive and started to pile all sorts of stuff on his own back to carry. He even flashed the colt a smirk.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

The Lake/Beach

"Huh?..Oh ah, well, if you could help just carry some stuff that would be sweet of you,"
    She said nudging the picnic blanket towards the unicorn filly.

Spark would feel a bit of a competitiveness from the younger colt. Rather, he got competitive and started to pile all sorts of stuff on his own back to carry. He even flashed the colt a smirk.
    Garion, halfway through piling up his own back, caught sight of the smirking Spark. He tilted his head, confused. "Spark, does your back hurt from carrying all that stuff? Is that why you're making that face?" Competitiveness? Stalliony pride? These were...vague concepts at best. He just wanted to keep the present Ladies from working themselves too hard. And on that note, he plucked up another few buckets with his tail and tossed them onto his back.

(Waiting on both Grif and Lycan for the Stadium)

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

'Yea...and who needs that many problems anyway hahah...I don't see anyone being able to handle five ladies and be sane,"
    He chuckled, smacking his dry mouth together. "I need a cider."
    -

Somewhere in another universe, a stallion named Balboa Shag, blink up from his newspaper and sipped some vodka.
    Grills licked his lips and looked down at the popcorn. "Well then the period is over. We can dart over to the bar."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

[Stadium]

Sandy held his hooves up in protest. "Woah now, I never said I was actually goin' through with this, I'm just...y'know, explorin' my options. Seein' what's what an' all that. Gotta figure th' details first before I sign on, er, eat th' cookie in this case. I don't really fancy riskin' th' tree-chucks unnecessarily..." he muttered uneasily.

"But as far as flavors go, I do have a real hankerin' for chocolate an' chocolate chips. Th' chewy kind, if I got th' option."
    "Well, if Snickers say it's safe..." Silverpine shrugged. He was still a little wary of food-based magic.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers smirks. "Chewy chocolate with chocolate chips, got it. An excellent choice."

He looks around warily, to see if anypony else is nearby or paying close attention to them. "Of course, it may be better if you eat it now, so you don't lose it, sit on it, or have it stolen by a seagull. You never know when something may pop up... Of course, I'm sure you'd do fine without it. I have the utmost confidence in you."

"Still." Snickers gives a flick of his hoof, and with a small electric zap, a delicious cookie appears, balanced on his hoof right in front of Sandy's face. "Better safe than sorry, no?"

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium Snack Bar]

Sandy gulped, licking his lips longingly at the fresh cookie thrust in his face. Every bone in his body told him Snickers was pulling a host of the oldest tricks in the con-pony's book; the flashy appearance, the subtle way he ignored his complaints, and that little splash of confidence in Sandy's abilities that made his intentions all the purer. No doubt about it, this was a grade-A temptation, deal with the Pale Horse, or whatever you'd like to call it.

And to his great shame, he had to admit it was working. Above and beyond the fact that it really was a delicious-looking cookie. Sandy's eyes darted between the still-warm treat and the wary Silverpine. "...he's got a point there. If'n somethin' like that was gonna happen t'anypony, it'd happen to me," he said, letting the thought hang for Silverpine to finish however he liked. All he needed was one little shove off the fence, and this little dilemma could be solved.

Unfortunately, in his indecision, he also forgot the cardinal rule of dealing with a tempter; never give them the chance for a follow-up tempting.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Garion, halfway through piling up his own back, caught sight of the smirking Spark. He tilted his head, confused. "Spark, does your back hurt from carrying all that stuff? Is that why you're making that face?" Competitiveness? Stalliony pride? These were...vague concepts at best. He just wanted to keep the present Ladies from working themselves too hard. And on that note, he plucked up another few buckets with his tail and tossed them onto his back.

"What?...No.."
    Spark furrowed his brows. He watched Garion toss buckets onto his back, so he tossed the rolled up beach towels on his back. He wobbled for a moment and steadied himself. "My back is fine...I'm tough and strong like that." He said in quick breaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills licked his lips and looked down at the popcorn. "Well then the period is over. We can dart over to the bar."

"Alright....cool,"
    He glanced around seeing if there were any water bottle vendors walking around through the stands. He also wondered what the others were up to.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

[Stadium Snack Bar]

Sandy gulped, licking his lips longingly at the fresh cookie thrust in his face. Every bone in his body told him Snickers was pulling a host of the oldest tricks in the con-pony's book; the flashy appearance, the subtle way he ignored his complaints, and that little splash of confidence in Sandy's abilities that made his intentions all the purer. No doubt about it, this was a grade-A temptation, deal with the Pale Horse, or whatever you'd like to call it.

And to his great shame, he had to admit it was working. Above and beyond the fact that it really was a delicious-looking cookie. Sandy's eyes darted between the still-warm treat and the wary Silverpine. "...he's got a point there. If'n somethin' like that was gonna happen t'anypony, it'd happen to me," he said, letting the thought hang for Silverpine to finish however he liked. All he needed was one little shove off the fence, and this little dilemma could be solved.

Unfortunately, in his indecision, he also forgot the cardinal rule of dealing with a tempter; never give them the chance for a follow-up tempting.
    Silverpine watched the fancy light show warily, then turned his eyes back to Sandy. "If you're sure..." he said slowly, spreading and folding his wings again uneasily. "Not quite liking how this is all going though..." He quickly held up a hoof towards Snickers. "No offense. Just a bad feeling. With Sandy's history here, it's probably a given though."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

"I promise you Sandy," Snickers smiles pleasantly, "This cookie will not do anything bad to you. As I have repeatedly said, it will just give you the confidence you need. The confidence you already have within yourself, but which is overshadowed by your doubt and worry. This cookie will allow you to cast aside your fears, and channel your inner awesomeness. That's all."

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Alright....cool,"
    He glanced around seeing if there were any water bottle vendors walking around through the stands. He also wondered what the others were up to.
    Grills followed Fox Trot's search. "The walking vendors always give you warm drinks." he complained and stood up to go find drinks and the others.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Garion was starting to notice something...off about Spark. He didn't know what, but ponies didn't usually make faces like that and pant like they were just on a run. "Are you sure? You look really tired, and kinda like you want to lay down for a bit." However, with his concern over Spark, the colt didn't grab anything else from the wagon. If Spark wanted to really get ahead, now was his chance.

[Stadium]

Sandy found himself nodding along with Snickers' reassurances, while Silverpine's weak warnings felt more and more like pathetic excuses. After all, hadn't doubts just like Silverpine's been the very same that had held him back all this time? How long had he really wished to be able to speak his mind and not lose the words along the way? Just for one evening, he could be the pony that he knew he was; no trimmings, no nerves, just pure Sandy. And didn't Snow Angel deserve to see the real him, if only just this once?

With that, the last of his doubts dried up. Sandy leaned forward and gobbled up the cookie without hesitation, shutting his eyes tightly in anticipation as he chewed. Hopefully it tasted at least half as good as it looked.

And then he sprouted a horn, grew three feet taller, and started abducting every unicorn in sight :P

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

Filly Stadium

"Right...well...I'll be here, by myself. Go make sure that the others are alright and find out what's the hold up."
    And hopefully not getting into no good shenanigans. Fox wanly smiled and glanced off to the side, taking in a bit of atmosphere.

[Beach]

"No...no...Garion...Its fine, I'm fine. I am a strong pony and all, tough, that's me,"
    He strained out a confident grin and began to trod forward with a high pile wavering.