New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MLP FiM: Bridle Shores Time Bubble thread 2

[Arriving at the Train Station]

"You blushsh? Nawwwww, it'sha ya'll doin' th' blusheshin'!" Sandy covered his flushed face with his wings. Whether the increased blood flow was from embarassment or a copious amount of alcohol was still up for debate. Grills' ear landed a ringer on one of Sandy's ears, eliciting another set of hiccupy giggles.

But alas, not even drunken confessions of friendship could last forever. The five stallions felt the floor beneath their hooves ease to a halt, and the whistles of departing trains reached their ears. "Welpsh! Here we be...are...*hic!*" Sandy declared, fumbling the door open. All five of them managed to exit the carriage without a great amount of difficulty. Thankfully the insightful attendants at the station were already taking their bags and loading them into their private car, because the open stretch between the carriage and the train car may as well have been a marathon. No hoof-holds, no walls to lean against, nothing that might aide a mildly inebriated pony. Sandy bravely ventured from the carriage-side, took two steps, and promptly tripped over his own hooves.

Quick as a flash, their carriage driver swooped down from her perch and caught the little drunkard mid-fall. She deftly propped him back upright, her snow-white forelegs almost shining in the dark of night. "Easy there buddy; be a shame if your face got broke." She brushed some stray sand off her black sleeves. "You'd get blood all over my uniform, for starters."

Sandy and his friends blinked bleary eyes as Snow Angel gave them all an appraising look from beneath her driver's cap. "Well? Remembered how to walk, or am I going to have to carry the lot of you to the train?"
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-10-27 at 05:49 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers spends most of the carriage ride lost in thought, not paying much attention to the discussions. Between the booze and the pondering, his ability to chatter is severely hampered.

When they disembark from the coach, he sways a bit, but keeps his balance. When the porter offers her assistance, Snickers turns and looks at her blearily, a look of perplexed confusion on his face. After scrutinizing her for a moment, he blinks a couple of times, and then gives a bemused smile. With a shake of his head, he declines her offer, opting not to say anything about their driver's identity. He then trots - with the occasional sway or stagger - towards the waiting train.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2013-10-27 at 05:51 PM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Arriving at the Train Station]

"You blushsh? Nawwwww, it'sha ya'll doin' th' blusheshin'!" Sandy covered his flushed face with his wings. Whether the increased blood flow was from embarassment or a copious amount of alcohol was still up for debate. Grills' ear landed a ringer on one of Sandy's ears, eliciting another set of hiccupy giggles.

But alas, not even drunken confessions of friendship could last forever. The five stallions felt the floor beneath their hooves ease to a halt, and the whistles of departing trains reached their ears. "Welpsh! Here we be...are...*hic!*" Sandy declared, fumbling the door open. All five of them managed to exit the carriage without a great amount of difficulty. Thankfully the insightful attendants at the station were already taking their bags and loading them into their private car, because the open stretch between the carriage and the train car may as well have been a marathon. No hoof-holds, no walls to lean against, nothing that might aide a mildly inebriated pony. Sandy bravely ventured from the carriage-side, took two steps, and promptly tripped over his own hooves.

Quick as a flash, their carriage driver swooped down from her perch and caught the little drunkard mid-fall. She deftly propped him back upright, her snow-white forelegs almost shining in the dark of night. "Easy there buddy; be a shame if your face got broke." She brushed some stray sand off her black sleeves. "You'd get blood all over my uniform, for starters."

Sandy and his friends blinked bleary eyes as Snow Angel gave them all an appraising look from beneath her driver's cap. "Well? Remembered how to walk, or am I going to have to carry the lot of you to the train?"
    "We'll... *hic*... be fineh... *hic*..." Silverpine drawled, swaying lightly from side to side, propped up against the carriage. Following Snickers' example, he began trotting, albeit unsteadily and with his wings wide open to balance himself, towards the train as well.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"No worries. I'm... totally cool." Grills started his journey walking backwards. Out of the carriage not looking where you're going. What could possible go wrong?
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

5. - Top - End - #695
    Troll in the Playground

Thump!

Fox Trot at this point had passed out the moment he stepped out of the carriage. Tongue lolling out but dang if he looked really content with that derpy smile and pink cheeks.

Snooze snooze snooze

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

[Train Station]

Snow Angel arched an eyebrow at the dozing Fox Trot, and sighed tiredly. "Yeah, that's about what I thought." She flapped over to the side of the train, and propped Sandy up against its side. "Hold up there for a sec, 'kay?"

"'Kay...pretty train...lady...winged lady...*hic*..."

Darting back to the rest of the (conscious) stallions, she took in a long, measured breath, letting it out slowly in a puff of crystalizing cold. Then, with a snap of breaking ice, her wings sprung open. Instantly, the three of them were immersed in arctic air. Freezing breezes nipped and bit at exposed coats and their breath came out in great, puffing clouds. It was like suddenly dunking a pony in a vat of ice water; bracing, and absolutely sobering.

And then, with a deft flap of Snow's wings, the cold quickly melted away into the cool night of Manehatten. "There. You guys seeing straight enough to listen, or do you need another go?" The pegasus smirked dangerously, wings twitching in eager anticipation.

Notably, the other attendants seemingly all had other, more pressing matters to attend to someplace else. Apart from the senseless Sandy and the face-down Fox Trot, they were alone with the Wonderbolt.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-11-09 at 10:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #697
    Ettin in the Playground

[Train Station]

One moment Silverpine was pleasantly immersed in his cider-induced warmth that reached deep into his bones. Next moment he suddenly seemed to have teleported back into the bowels of Stalliongrad's winter, and without even a scarf to go with it. The horror!

Then as soon as the it happened, the cold receded, leaving a mildly shocked, shivering but extremely sober pegasus in its wake. "Hnuh...? Wha...?" Silverpine blurted, blinking in confusion. Too bad the cold didn't cure the throbbing that would mark the beginnings of a very bad headache for the pegasus later.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Cold.

Not crocodiles. Not trees. Not even bad reviews on his food.

Grills disliked the cold most of all.

On trained instinct, the brown unicorn reddened. A rush of warmth washed over those nearby for a split moment. All of the sillies in his body bubbled and burned out his system on reflex and his horn flash-blinked once. This was replaced with a gentle radiation of heat which waved a spring thaw on the closest pony to the master chef. Then it all faded as the his normal faint convection of heat returned.

"I'm good. Just don't do that again." he grumbled.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

9. - Top - End - #699
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

(Oops, didn't know Snickers was being addressed too)

Snickers, having already been walking ahead and still being (mostly) coherent and cohesive, avoids being frozen over. But he does turn and double back when Snow Angel mentions them needing to listen. "Hm? Listen to what?" he asks curiously, with only a slight slur.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Titan in the Playground

Snow Angel settled her wings down with only trace amounts of disappointment, ignoring the grumbles of a certain chef. "Good. Can never tell if a drunken pony's actually listening..." She furrowed her brows, glanced around to ensure nopony else was nearby, then called over her shoulder. "Hey! Sandy! What's two plus two?"

"Snrkkglghfh...pumperloafanickle..."

"Heh, sounds about right. Good. Good." In stark contrast to the mad, purposeful mare they'd seen by the Hollowood, or even the blunt, in-your-face mare they'd spotted at the party, this Snow Angel held a lightning bolt in every feather, as the pegasi say. Every forceful word held a little too much thought, every motion seemed a little too deliberate, and no part of her stood still for long. Even as she addressed the stallions, her gaze flitted between them, studying their faces closely before zipping off again. "Look, I'd like you guys...to do me a favor," she finally said. "It's nothing big, the most you'll have to do is deliver a message, and," she glanced aside at the half-snoring Sandy. "...and it'll help out your friend over there. A lot."

She paused, waiting expectantly for their reaction.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers raises a confused eyebrow, and glances over at Sandy. He then looks back at Snow Angel, and shrugs. "Alright, sure. I don't mind doin' ya a favor, especially if it helps out Sandy. And deliverin' a message don't sound so bad..." he muses.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Su...ure." An eyebrow was raised high on his face. "But I can't imagine what favor you'd need of us from you.".
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

13. - Top - End - #703
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Snow Angel settled her wings down with only trace amounts of disappointment, ignoring the grumbles of a certain chef. "Good. Can never tell if a drunken pony's actually listening..." She furrowed her brows, glanced around to ensure nopony else was nearby, then called over her shoulder. "Hey! Sandy! What's two plus two?"

"Snrkkglghfh...pumperloafanickle..."

"Heh, sounds about right. Good. Good." In stark contrast to the mad, purposeful mare they'd seen by the Hollowood, or even the blunt, in-your-face mare they'd spotted at the party, this Snow Angel held a lightning bolt in every feather, as the pegasi say. Every forceful word held a little too much thought, every motion seemed a little too deliberate, and no part of her stood still for long. Even as she addressed the stallions, her gaze flitted between them, studying their faces closely before zipping off again. "Look, I'd like you guys...to do me a favor," she finally said. "It's nothing big, the most you'll have to do is deliver a message, and," she glanced aside at the half-snoring Sandy. "...and it'll help out your friend over there. A lot."

She paused, waiting expectantly for their reaction.
    "Um... sure?" Silverpine said, after a pause, trying... and failing to discern her ulterior motives. Being utterly smashed a few moments before wasn't helping matters.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Titan in the Playground

[Manehatten Train Station]

"Don't get the wrong idea; I could do it myself," Snow huffed defensively. A chill gust of wind blew over them, and she visibly winced. "But it'll be better coming from you three." The wind died down.

"Tomorrow, when everypony's slept this off..." Snow paced restlessly, her wings rustling without ever fully unfolding. The tornado they saw in the Hollowood strained to escape, but sheer force of will kept this Wonderbolt - and her mighty weather magic - grounded. "Tell that big doofus not to write me. Tell him not to beat his head in trying to think of some big, perfect apology. Tell him there isn't a thing he could tell me that'd help his case."

She turned her back on the big doofus, facing the stallions with a stare of icy determination. "Tell him...tell him I'll write the first letter this time."

15. - Top - End - #705
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Snickers gives a small nod. "Alrighty," he says with a small, sheepish smile. Buzzed or not, he's aware enough of the world around him to realize that Snow means business. "I'll make sure Sandy is properly informed, an' try ta help him not overthink everythin' and whatnot," he nods. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ettin in the Playground

Silverpine nodded along with Snickers. "S-Sure, I'll make sure he gets every word..." He winced a little, putting a hoof to his forehead. "... after this headache dies down, yes."

17. - Top - End - #707
    Troll in the Playground

Despite the odds, Fox somehow raised a hoof in agreement as he snoozed away. Or maybe he was just dreaming about being in school or something, we'll never know.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"Not the hardest request. Nope." Grills said with a chin scratch. He blew a jet of fire into a hoof. "Certainly doable. Silverpine seems to be the best speaker, right? He could repeat... whatever you just said."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

[Manehatten Train Station]

Snow Angel breathed a sigh of relief, the fire going from her eyes. "Thanks. For sparing me a heart-to-heart with Lightweight McSnoozer over there." She looked past them, to the little stallion snoring and drooling away in his drunken haze, and the barest hint of a smirk graced her features. "And...for watching out for that goofball. If he's managed to rope together some solid wingmates like you guys, then I think his flights'll be smooth enough."

She ducked back to the driver's seat, and pulled out a fine, padlocked suitcase adorned with the blue and yellow of the Wonderbolts. After she undid its locks and latches, it opened to reveal several flasks resting on a bed of fine, dark blue velvet. She hoofed one to each of the conscious stallions; as they took them, they'd feel something sloshing inside of them. "Here; something for the ride home. It's a...uh, I'd guess you'd call it an apology. For the tornado. And the calling you cruel. And cloud-high. And featherbrains. Oh! And idiots, too!" She beamed with pride at her fantastic memory, before fully hearing her own words. She coughed awkwardly. "Rrrright. Yeah. That...well, I...guarantee it'll help that headache of yours." She grinned at Silverpine hopefully.

If nothing else, she shared a touch of her former coltfriend's way with words.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2013-12-04 at 11:56 AM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ettin in the Playground

Silverpine

Silverpine couldn't help but respond to that barest hint of a smirk with a honest, heartfelt smile of his own. "Well, I think Sandy's lucky to—" Well, until another twinge of his burgeoning headache marred the attempt. "—ow, ow..."

He rubbed his temple with a forehoof for a moment, then sheepishly takes the flash that was offered to him. Though he did wince a little at the litany of insults that was recited back to him, even if he knew Snowflake meant no offense. "Um, thanks very much, miss. Anything to stave off the hangover." Another wince, this time from genuine pain.