New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: MLP FiM: Bridle Shores Time Bubble thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

The Lake/Beach

"Huh?..Oh ah, well, if you could help just carry some stuff that would be sweet of you,"
    She said nudging the picnic blanket towards the unicorn filly.

Spark would feel a bit of a competitiveness from the younger colt. Rather, he got competitive and started to pile all sorts of stuff on his own back to carry. He even flashed the colt a smirk.
    Beautiful Nightmare, who sounds like she's secretly a Nightmare Alicorn by that name, decides to help carry a few things for the Chaser family. She takes the picnic basket, and helps set up the camp site to the best of her abilities.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

And thus the Cookie of Destiny is consumed.

Sandy will feel...

...well, it's up to Sandy what he feels. Snickers didn't lie. The Cookie of Destiny should give him all the confidence and awesomeness he needs, unlocking everything Sandy already had within him. But only because he believes it will.

Because in reality, the Cookie of Destiny is naught more than a reeeeally tasty cookie.
    Last edited by Lycan 01; 2012-12-28 at 11:10 AM.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Stadium

Sandy will feel...

...well, it's up to Sandy what he feels. Snickers didn't lie. The Cookie of Destiny should give him all the confidence and awesomeness he needs, unlocking everything Sandy already had within him. But only because he believes it will.

Because in reality, the Cookie of Destiny is naught more than a reeeeally tasty cookie.
    Silverpine tapped Sandy by the shoulder. "So... how do you feel?"

()

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

"No...no...Garion...Its fine, I'm fine. I am a strong pony and all, tough, that's me,"
    He strained out a confident grin and began to trod forward with a high pile wavering.
    Garion looked at the older colt funny, before shrugging it off. He and his smaller pile trotted alongside towards their campsite, where presumably those with more sense had already laid a few things out. Thanks to him not overloading his back quite so much, his load hardly wavered at all. "Be careful Spark; if you drop anything, I'll be sure to catch it," he reassured the older colt.

Stadium

Sandy will feel...

(Classy. )

Sandy slowly chewed...and slowly chewed...and hummed contentedly as he savored the sweet.

It really was a dang good cookie. Almost wished he'd taken smaller bites.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Silverpine tapped Sandy by the shoulder. "So... how do you feel?"

()
    Sandy held up his forehooves, and found they were trembling. "I-I feel kinda tingly all over, an' m'heart's racin' like crazy. L-like I just ate a thundercloud instead of a cookie." He took a deep, bracing breath, puffing his chest out and rustling his wings on the exhale. Such energy, such raw excitement, could this really be what confidence felt like? He grinned wildly at his two friends, before leaping into a backflip so tight, he didn't so much as nudge the table or the other patrons. "I...I think it's workin'! I feel great!" he said with a hearty laugh.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-28 at 02:45 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

"Right...well...I'll be here, by myself. Go make sure that the others are alright and find out what's the hold up."
    And hopefully not getting into no good shenanigans. Fox wanly smiled and glanced off to the side, taking in a bit of atmosphere.
    The idea of leaving Fox Trot here alone sounded bad. this was a group outing and splitting it up further would be a step backward. "You sure? 'Cause we could wave over a vendor and drink warm cider." He pointed backward.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

The Lake

Cloud follows after 'Smoothie' with her deflated foreleg floaties and a bucket on her head. She briefly watched Spark and Garion and lightly giggled at Garion's cluelessness and Spark's general...dolt colt self.
    -

"I won't drop anything, I got a greaat center of gravity,"
    And just as he said that he tripped over a rock planted right in front of him. He tumbled and fell over in a somersault manner as all the stuff he had on his back flew up in the air.

However, most of the items were caught as his mom flew in catching the more breakable and likely to get damaged items. "Spark, are you alright? You know you don't have to carry everything."

The colt pouted and looked sheepishly up, having landed on his back. His cheeks were crimson.

===
    Filly Stadium

"I..I'm sure. Maybe you can get them to hurry up or something."
    Fox said with a small smile looking at Grills.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-12-29 at 02:16 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Beach]
    Stadium
    (Classy. )

Sandy slowly chewed...and slowly chewed...and hummed contentedly as he savored the sweet.

It really was a dang good cookie. Almost wished he'd taken smaller bites.

Sandy held up his forehooves, and found they were trembling. "I-I feel kinda tingly all over, an' m'heart's racin' like crazy. L-like I just ate a thundercloud instead of a cookie." He took a deep, bracing breath, puffing his chest out and rustling his wings on the exhale. Such energy, such raw excitement, could this really be what confidence felt like? He grinned wildly at his two friends, before leaping into a backflip so tight, he didn't so much as nudge the table or the other patrons. "I...I think it's workin'! I feel great!" he said with a hearty laugh.
    Silverpine found himself smiling at Sandy's apparent enthusiasm. "Hey, take it slow there, big guy. Save some for Snow Angel, would ya?" He glanced at the wall clock. To his surprise, thye were already running late. "Oh dear. We're supposed to only take a few minutes. Let's go before Fox and Grills send out a search party."

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers smiles. "See? Told ya it would help. No side-effects, only your own special brand of awesome. And it'll stay in effect as long as you need it to, so don't worry about it randomly turning off before you meet with your Wonderbolt gal. Now, let's get back to our seats."

Off they go!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

Stadium

Sandy nodded and scooped up Fox Trot's root beer, balancing it on his head like another certain country pony. "Thanks a bunch, Snickers. I won't soon forget this." He smiled earnestly at his newfound friend, before leading the way back to their seats with a fresh spring in his step. "Now let's get back t'th' game!"

Fox Trot and Grills would likely notice them approaching soon. Sandy would look like a brand new pony, one that actually had a lick of self-confidence.

Lake

Garion gasped, and immediately set his own pile of things down before racing over to help. Namely, he focused on catching anything that might fall onto the fallen colt, before rushing over to his side. "Spark! Are you okay?" He'd help the dolt colt up, provided Beautiful Nightmare didn't rush over and try to hog all the attention from Spark for herself.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-12-29 at 11:38 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

Beautiful Nightmare giggled slightly at the tumble, and helped catch some of the items with telekinesis.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Filly Stadium

"I..I'm sure. Maybe you can get them to hurry up or something."
    Fox said with a small smile looking at Grills.
    Grills nodded and ran over hestitantly to find the rest. On the way he picks up a six pack of cider from one of the nearby bars. "Snickerdoodle? Sandy? Silverpine? Where are you guys?" Of course, Grills was not that perceptive and probably walked past them all while shouting their names.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Beach

"I-I'm fine okay..??"
    Spark puffed his cheeks wearing a heavy flush of embarrassment. The colt picked himself up and with a look of annoyance brushed some sand off of him.

But anyways, the colt picked up some of the items not picked up by everyone else and trudged away towards the beach. Mrs Chaser thanked BN and Garion for their help and told them not to mind Spark and his silly mood. Of course Cloud was amused by this all.

Anyways, eventually the five of them found themselves a nice spot on the beach as Mrs Chaser took the picnic blanket and unfurled and laid it out. BN could set the picnic basket down.

She herself sat down with Cloud in her lap as she helped put on the leg floaties and blow them up.

Spark was trying to find a nice place to stick the umbrella and trying to forget his little tumble from earlier.

As for the beach itself, it was quite nice, though I'm sure Amish could provide a better descriptor of Sandy's work. Anyways, there were a few other ponies here enjoying a time at the beach. There were a few older foals playing with a beach ball and far off past them was a couple making out on a beach towel.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills nodded and ran over hestitantly to find the rest. On the way he picks up a six pack of cider from one of the nearby bars. "Snickerdoodle? Sandy? Silverpine? Where are you guys?" Of course, Grills was not that perceptive and probably walked past them all while shouting their names.
    "Oy! Grills!" Silverpine shouted, noting the dolt colt just sped past them.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

BN set the picnic basket down, and decided to lay down on the blanket, waiting for Spark. In the meantime, she was just sunning herself.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers waves at Grills as he runs past. "Grills! Dude! Behind you!" he calls out, hopefully getting the stallion's attention before he goes off too far.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

The beach was...nice. Not picturesque, not amazing, just nice. Rumors swirled around town about some terrible magical accident befalling the new beach caretaker. Some said that he had gone into hiding to preserve his dignity, and his pegasi cousin was watching his house in the meanwhile. Others said the pegasi was the caretaker, but that would have to be a pretty fantastical accident, even by Bridle Shores standards. Still others said that it was all a paperwork mix-up, and that they'd been sent a weatherpony instead of a beach pony.

Whatever the reason, the beach was not up to its usual snuff. No piles of trash, but some debris from the lake had made its way onto the shore. The dunes seemed flatter, and the shoreline had advanced land-ward, thinning the beach area by a foot or two. Not that Garion would notice; a beach was a beach, and beaches were amazing in his book so far. As he set down the beach toys and adjusted his big floppy hat against the sun, he watched the older foals playing ball, trying to make sense of whatever game they were playing. The couple wasn't spared his scrutiny either; why were they doing that thing that Miss Gwyn and Mister Grills did when he was supposed to be napping? Older ponies who were really really good friends did it, could younger ponies do it too?

He'd have to ask Miss Gwyn all about it later.

[Stadium]

Sandy waved to the distracted chef. "Grills! Over here!" Though short, the mug of root beer perched on his head more than made up for the height difference.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Grills turned around and levitated the six ciders to his side. "Oh guys." He cantered back to the others "You guys done? You're missing the game and fun."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    Grills turned around and levitated the six ciders to his side. "Oh guys." He cantered back to the others "You guys done? You're missing the game and fun."
    "Certainly are. We got Fox's root beer too." Silverpine pointed a wingtip at the bouncing mug on Sandy's head. "Let's go before we miss any more of the fun."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

"Sure are. Any big plays while we were out?" Sandy asked Grills as he fell in beside him. The pegasus unfurled his wings, motioning to Grills to rest some of the cider on them.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Beach Antics

Poor Gwyn.

Anyways, after having her floaties aired up, Cloud waddled over to Garion and bonked his muzzle with a floatie.

"Whatcha looking at?"
    She asked and then followed his line of sight. She giggled. "That's Sparky and Smoothie when they're older." She made mock kissy kissy noises and laughed.

Spark glanced her way wearing some sunglasses pulled out of nowhere and rolled his eyes and flushed before looking away. "Anyways, Garion, wanna build a sandcastle first?"

Meanwhile Spark walked over to 'Smoothie' and poked her with his muzzle looking down at the sunning filly.

"I'm going to go on a quick run first down the beach, to get my muscles going. Don't want to get a cramp in the water,"
    He said with a goofy smile. "Do ya want to join me? Well, if ya want to that is." She didn't have to, he wouldn't be butt hurt if she declined.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

"Sure, I'd love to join you!" Beautiful Nightmare says with a smile. "Lead the way." she says, giving him a kiss on the cheek in the meantime.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Titan in the Playground

Le Beach

Garion caught sight of 'Smoothie's' little peck, and everything clicked. "Ohhhhh." he said, nodding sagely at the kissy kissy Cloud. Older ponies who were really close did that thing to each other's lips, while younger ponies who were really close did that to each other's cheeks. Sensible!

When Cloud mentioned building a sandcastle, he perked up immediately. "Sure!" He raced out onto the beach and started piling up sand to make into a castle, only to find it didn't quite pack so well. More like just sat around in piles. He tried again, only to be met with the same result. He tilted his head at the stubborn sand pile. "How do we make a castle out of this stuff? It doesn't want to castle, it just wants to pile."

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    [Stadium]

"Sure are. Any big plays while we were out?" Sandy asked Grills as he fell in beside him. The pegasus unfurled his wings, motioning to Grills to rest some of the cider on them.
    "I got them." Grills politely declined Sandy's offer and kept the ciders at his side. "There were two steals, a fumble, and a whole lot of penalty kicks. You guys are missing a hilarious game. I mean, you can't tell what crazy things they'll do next. Both teams are playing too many rookies and the veterans are on the bench." By the way he described it, you'd expect to hear the Benny Hill them while watching.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers blinks a few times. He barely understood that. "Um, cool. Pity I missed it. How much longer is left in the game?"

25. - Top - End - #85
    Ettin in the Playground

Stadium

Snickers blinks a few times. He barely understood that. "Um, cool. Pity I missed it. How much longer is left in the game?"
    "Less yappin', more trottin'!" Silverpine said, taking the cue to trot forward more quickly towards their seats. He plopped himself on chair and started to concentrate on the game at hoof.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

[Stadium]

Sand obligingly folded his wings without further fuss. Amazingly, he didn't even mumble an apology or otherwise fumble the situation. "Well then, sure pleased as punch we ain't gonna miss any more of it. If that's just th' first period, th' rest of this here game's gonna be a doozy."

He sped up to keep pace with Silverpine, finally arriving at his seat next to Fox Trot. With an expert head bop, he tossed the mug from his noggin to his wingtip, and offered the beverage to his friend. "Here y'go; one ice-cold root beer. Enjoy!"

27. - Top - End - #87
    Troll in the Playground

Dat Beach

Right in front of his mom eh BN? Spark flushed as usual and nodded his head. "I can't promise I'll slow down for you." He grinned in a playful cheeky manner.

"You two be careful then,"
    Mrs Chaser said looking at them both.

Meanwhile with the littler ones.

"We needs to wet the sand a little bits and use the buckets to hold it and shape it!"
    The foal said running towards the moist sand closer to the water and pressed her hoof down in it leaving a hoof impression. "See how the walls of the moist sand holds its shape?"
    ===

Filly Stadium

Fox Trot sported a look of pleasant surprise and smiled as he watched his friend and new friends return. He gladly accepted the root beer and took a sip. "Thank you...Mmm...aaah...that tastes good. How much do I owe ya for the drink?" He asked as he poked his muzzle on his saddle bag next to him.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

[Beach]

Garion pressed his own hoof next to hers, watching curiously as the sand held its shape. "Woah..." He scooped up a bit of wet sand with his hooves, plopped it down, and then started making a little box-like shape out of it. To his delight, it actually held its shape. "Oooh! Oooh! And I bet if we use some of my buckets, we can dump the sand out and actually make shapes!" He hopped about excitedly and pointed to the small mountain of beach toys he'd been forced to bring along.

[Stadium]

Sandy pondered, scratching his chin scruff. "You owe me...pleasant conversation while we watch a good 'ol fashioned game of hoofball." He winked at the mocha stallion as he sat down.

Was that...was that honest-to-goodness banter? From Sandy?!

Dear Luna, Snickers, you've created a monster.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Stadium

Snickers merely smirks, happy that Sandy is responding so well. He gets comfortable in his seat, takes a sip of cider, and returns his attention to the game.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Stadium

Grills cracked open a cider and guzzled it like a pro. Then her shouted out at the field. "Okay! Time to not play like a bunch o' weanlings and score some points! Foo Filly!"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater