New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sarone's Skull and Shackles: The Wormwood Mutiny: IC

Binderal pockets the items found in his bunk but keeps the vial out. He examines it thoroughly, opening the vial to sniff it and even takes a small taste if his nose doesn't alert him to it being poisonous. Though he is by no means an expert alchemist, some of his magical schooling involved the identification of magical potions.

Spellcraft: (1d20+9)[19] or Craft(Alchemy): (1d20+5)[14]

When the rum rations come round, he drinks his willingly, wanting to fit in as best as possible.

Rum Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Fortitude: (1d20)[6]
    Con Dam: (1d3)[3]
    Fatigue: (1d8)[3]
    Cha bonus: (1d4)[3]

He approaches the older Half-Elf woman on board, bowing his head slightly in greeting and speaking in Elven.

Elven
    Spoiler
    Show

"How refreshing to find another of the Forlorn on board. How is it you came to serve on a vessel such as this? Were you....gently encouraged as I was? These humans are always in such a hurry...so pushy. If they'd only asked, I would have gladly joined their crew."

Diplomacy: (1d20+7)[15] + Cha bonus from Rum
    Last edited by King Tius; 2013-01-07 at 11:26 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing
    Sanity Check: IC OOC
    Age of Worms in Eberron IC OOC

Quote Originally Posted by mshady View Post
    Not sure of the details, I trust in King.
    Quote Originally Posted by RaggedAngel View Post
    "Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"
    Drawing OOTS Avatars Guide

2. - Top - End - #62
    Firbolg in the Playground

Lucky never liked rum, it smelled foul and made those who drank it smell even more so. Since she was tiny and not overly noticed despite her story telling (which put a downer on her day) she walked outside alone and did her best to dump the foul brew.

Spoiler
    Show
    stealth roll (1d20+5)[8]
    Also Sarone... could you not use that yellow for dialogue I can't read it and it really hurts the eyes to look at it

Wow Cas can't even roll above a freaking 5... looks like someone is getting beat up tonight
    Last edited by Morbis Meh; 2013-01-07 at 10:19 AM.
    Blarg...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ooh, hard luck dumping the rum MorbisMeh. With the yellow text, just highlight it all, so it's blue background and white text. Much easier to read.

4. - Top - End - #64

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by HuskyBoi View Post
    Ooh, hard luck dumping the rum MorbisMeh. With the yellow text, just highlight it all, so it's blue background and white text. Much easier to read.
    This is OoC speech lol No harm done but next time put it in there good sir! As for the luck well my last character was cursed it is just transfering over.. I do highlight the text to read it but the yellow hurting the eyes will not change...
    Blarg...

5. - Top - End - #65

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Though it was a pain in the rear, 'Lucky' Cas managed to get away long enough to spill the rum overboard when Conchobar steps in, adding his own tale to the entertainment. Afterwards, you help Artazostra down the stairs to the crew deck and help her setup her hammock.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

The rum pail was almost empty when Gareth gets to it. Even though he was certain he was being observed, no one stopped or complained when he spills it over the edge. Turning, Gareth heads down to the Crew deck to get his hammock set up.

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

The half-elven woman looks at you, scowls, then turns away, walking towards another group of sailors. Deciding to leave, Binderal heads down to the crew deck and set up his hammock for the night.

Before Binderal exits the deck, he notices Master Scourge talking with the woman from earlier, along with a half orc, an overweight human male, another human female, a large Rahadoumi male, and male dwarf with an oversized nose.

As the various recruits set up their hammocks for sleep, Ezekial and Harold come in with a few waterskins filled with water. Setting up his hammock as close to every one as possible, Ezekial goes to Varya first and hands her a waterskin and a dagger. "Never know when you might need a weapon," Ezekial says with a smile and a nod, before turning to Gareth. "Noticed you didn't have a water container. Better take this with you."

Turning, Ezekial then hands a dagger off to Artazostra. "Qadiran, here's a dagger. You never know when you might need one."

With that, Ezekial sets up his hammokc and goes to sleep.

DAY 2

Spoiler
    Show

Ezekial's Seasickness Roll [roll]1d20+2[roll]

The next morning, the ship's bell toll, indicating the start of a new work day. As crew start heading up, Aretta, along with a half orc, an overweight human male, another human female, a large Rahadoumi male, and male dwarf with an oversized nose, stand next to the stairs, their impressions unpleasent.

As 'Lucky' Cas moves to go up the stairs, Aretta stands in front of her and pushes her back. "Going somewhere, fishbait,", Aretta says, placing her hands on her hips. The other woman and the half-orc smiles at her comment, while the overwight man steps forward.

"In a hurry, mates," the man said, grinning as he starts cracking his knockles.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

You have taken 8 hours of rest. Each character that drank the rum last night heals 1 point of Constitution damage.

Sanguine Penguin and Archpaladin: Your characters now have a dagger (for a medium person). Add it to your gear list.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

2. A Sergeant in motion outranks a Lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.
    3. An ordnance technician at a dead run outranks everybody.
    27. Don't be afraid to be the first to resort to violence.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Gareth steps in front of the group. "I don't know what your beef is, friend, but we don't want a problem with you. And you really do not want a problem with us. Or more specifically, me. So whatever you're after here, go look for it somewhere else. Or I'll make that fat f**k's day and feed you all to him."
    Last edited by Rhyvurg; 2013-01-08 at 03:26 AM.
    "Can you do science to it?"
    "I can do science to anything."

7. - Top - End - #67

Not 100% confident, but just confident enough, Harry steps up to stand next to Gareth. He keeps one hand in his pocket, carefully sliding his brass knuckles on. Best be prepared, aye?

8. - Top - End - #68

Cas looks at the woman a mix of pity and annoyance line her face "Of course I am, I am going to work which is exactly what you should be doing! As for this big man who always seems to have very poor tact.... I think he may have tourettes! I know you and I got off on the wrong foot but I do believe you and I could become very good friends!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy... or else she will be busting out da magicks (1d20+9)[20]
    Blarg...

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Varya takes the dagger and waterskin with a smile. "Thank you friend, I feel much better armed. I owe you one." She slides the dagger into her boot.

-------------------

Varya awakens hungover and pissed off. Her training alone finds her thumbing through her spell book before the bell tolls. Varya ignores the mob's presence as she walks to the stairs announcing angrily, "I'm hungover and pissed off. Unless you want to find out exactly what happens to a handful of curs who get in my way when I'm hungover and pissed off, I suggest you play good little sailors and get out of my way."

Spoiler
    Show
    Sense Motive: (1d20-1)[18]
    Intimidate: (1d20+4)[17]
    Strength: (1d20+3)[7]

She will also attempt to casually shove her way through (not sure if it's CMD or strength, but it's the same either way).

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Binderal follows the group of other new recruits up the stairs, hoping to make some conversation since things didn't go so well with the half-elf woman last night. Just as he is gathering his thoughts to break the ice, the ruffians blocking their passage shatter his ideas. He laces his fingers and pushes his palms outwards, cracking his knuckles and waggling his fingers to limber them up. He sidles his way through the gang to be towards the front of the group (in between us and the ruffians) so he can cast a spell if things get nasty.

Readied Action: cast Color Spray on them, avoiding any allies if possible, should punches start getting thrown.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

"Hello, there. You seem to be in the middle of something overtly magical. Is this a bad time to talk?"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

The Qadiran wakes up, somewhat groggy from the rum, and staggers up to the deck in time to hear Gareth make his blustering speech.

"EY! I'm not THAT chubby!" she drawls at him, clearly not quite awake yet.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

12. - Top - End - #72

Ezekial's Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Sense Motive Roll (1d20+6)[14]

Hearing Gareth's speech and 'Lucky' Cas's pleas, the various crew members snickered and laughed. Luckily, none of the opposing crew saw Harold pull out and put on the brass knuckles.

"My, you certainly have spunk, gladiator," Aretta says, her hand resting on a dagger in her belt. "Unfortunately for you, this is a ship, not a parlor house."

"As for feeding my friends to me," the overwieght sailor says, mimicing Aretta's movements, "you must have taken a few blows to the head. I'm no cannibal. Though I'd gladly use your as bait for the sharks."

When Varya and Artazostra stepped forward and started to push their way, Aretta takes a step back, only for Fipps to stop Artazostra. "I don't think so, Princess," Fipps say, holding her in place. "We're here to ensure you understand your proper place..."

"And you should check yours, my good man," Ezekial says, taking a step forward as well, right hand looped around the sheath of the dagger in his belt. "While you were busy posturing us, we postured ourselves."

A quick glance around indicates it's true; with Varya and Artazostra up front between fat man and Aretta, Gareth, Rugnar, and Harold to their starboard, and Binderal, Ezekial, and 'Lucky' Cas slightly behind the group, recognition hits the various pirates as they realized that if a fight broke out, they would lose, especially with Binderal having a clear shot at Aretta, the dwarf, half-orc, and the Rahadoumi, with the fat man and the wild eyed woman being cut off and seperated.

"I strongly suggest you let us pass," Ezekial says, adjusting the healer's kit, "though I believe my skills are good enough to stop you from dying."

With a scowl forming, the fat man utters a curse and spits off to the side. "Fine, you win with your 'tactics', and thinking, and numbers," the fat man says. "But watch yourselves, ye hear me. 'Accidents' have been known to happen."

Nodding at the others, the recruits make it up, Rugnar holding the rear and looking back every now and then as the make their way up to the main deck.

Breakfast for the second day consists of ship's biscuit, handed out by a thin, young human female who doesn't speak. It takes a few minutes before Master Scourge shows up, a scowl on his face when he sees the recruits and a quick glance at the 'welcoming party' brings a curse to his lips.

Riggers
    Spoiler
    Show

"Good to see you all are here," Mr. Plugg says as he looks down from the bridge, eyeing the Gareth and Varya, "and not wasting time below decks. You might have met some of the crew earlier, but introductions can be made at a later date."

Taking a step back and gripping the 'cat' in his hands, Mr. Plugg takes a deep breath. "Mr. Shortstone, you and the gladiator have upper rigging work. 'Ratline' and 'Narwhal', you two teach the scholar how to do the Mainsail. Maheem, you're on Rope work. Barefoot and Slippery Sly, you two are on line work."

Nodding at the riggers as they leave, Mr. Plugg look in the direction of Harold and Ezekial. "Assistant cooks, here on the double."
    Tasks:
    Upper Rigging Work: Climb 50 feet up (requires climb checks) and either a Profession (Sailor) or a Dexterity Check.

Mainsail Duties: Raising and lowering the mainsail, requires either a Profession (Sailor) or a Strength Check and a Constitution Check to Avoid Fatigue

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

As you head to the rigging to start working, Conchobar looks at you. "Too bad your lady friend couldn't make it," Conchobar says as he starts going up the rigging. "Would be nice to chat with her."

Sanguine
    Spoiler
    Show

Seeing that this was going to be a new job, Varya heads over, seeing the dwarf from earlier starting to work as well as a long armed gnome, slightly dishevel with two fingers missing on her left hand and a finger on her right. Both look at Varya when she approaches, with the dwarf spitting off to the side.

Swabs
    Spoiler
    Show

When Master Scourge calls the swabs to him, the scowl on his face is barely restrained. "Good, you all made it today," Master Scourge says, eyeing the each swab, leering at Binderal, 'Lucky' Cas, Rugnar, and Artazostra, "we might make good pirates out of each of you, eventually."

Putting his hands behind him, Master Scourge baarks his orders. "Aretta, you and the 'Qadiran' have the Bilges. Make sure they work. Jack and Fipps, you two and 'Lucky' are on ratcatcher detail. I want those vermin found. 'Cog' and Rosie, you two are swabbing the decks. I want to eat off them by dinner. 'Badger' and Tibbs, you two and 'Earboy' are on Hauling Rope and Knot Work. Tilly and Shivikah, you two and 'Scratchpost are on Repair Work.

Taking a deep breath, Master Scourge nods at the swabs. "Now get to work."

Tasks:
    Man the Bilges: Vile and Sweaty work, it requires a Strength and Constitution Checks.

Rat Catcher: Ships like Wormwood have vermin everywhere and require daily hunts. Make either a Survival Check, a Stealth check, or a Dexterity Check.

Hauling Rope and Knot Work: Tying and untying the knots in the ship's ropes and moving heavy coils of rope from one part of the ship to another. Requires either a Profession (Sailor) or a Strength Check and a Constitution check for Fatigue.

Repairs: Repairs to the sails and ropes. Need either a Profession (Sailor) or a Dexterity Check.

ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

As Artazostra makes her way below decks with Aretta, she makes it known what she wants. "To be clear, 'Qadiran'," she says as she opens the hatch to the bilges, "do not talk to me. You and your friends are trouble and don't deserve to be on here."

When Artazostra climbs down into the bilges, she notices plenty of boxes in the bilges, as well as the bilge pump and six sets of manacles bolted to the bulkheads.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d100)[79]
    (1d100)[99]

About half way through the day, Artazostra and Aretta sense movement from above. Looking up, both ladies see two hairy spiders start coming down, with Aretta screaming at the top of her lungs and backing away from it.

(OOC: The bilge spiders, though large and hairy, aren't very tough and brave. An attack, successful or not, will scare it away. All I need is two attack rolls and damage rolls for each.)

OOC: Can I get a perception check for Artazostra?

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

When Binderal makes his way over to the two sailors he would be working with, he notice that the half-elf he tried to talk to last night was there, as well as a bedraggled gnome with one eye named Tibbs. Quickly and with little words, the two ladies show Binderal what needs to be done, then move on to their own work.

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Heading out with the fat man named Fipps and the young lad named Jack, 'Lucky' Cas gets a rundown by Jack on what needs to be done. Before heading out, Fipps looks at 'Lucky'. "DOn't know about you, Sharkbait, but you and your friends don't belong here. I don't care what happens, but don't speak with me. Pass it along with your friends."

IRollTwenties
    Spoiler
    Show

A female Mwangi named Shivikah and a tough looking female named Tilly shwos you what needs to be done with the repairs.

Cook Assistants
    Spoiler
    Show

"Assistant cooks, here on the double."

Catching Harold and Ezekial off guards, they run towards the bridge. Once there, both men stand beofre Mr. Plugg as he walks down from the bridge. "About time you two showed up," Mr. Plugg says as he directs both men to follow him, making his way towards the the bow of the ship. "'Fishguts' drank himself insensibly last night and didn't wake up, not that it would do much good," he says as he goes down the stairs, pass the shackled man, through the main hold and towards the galley.

"Any one else would be flogged and put in the sweat box, but Captain Harrigan likes his cooking." Stepping through the door, Mr. Plugg stops when he enters, gazing at the various spots cleaned, before turning to the two cooks. "I heard right, you two did clean this place up. Very well, then, let's see how you two do without 'Fishguts' today."

Turning, Mr. Plugg hoists himself on one of the tables, taking a seat. "Since you two demonstarted some competence yesterday, you two can decide how to deal with today." Mr. Plugg grabs an apple from a bushel nearby and takes a bite of it. "One of you can cook, while the other catch fish. I suggest you do well, because it'll be the bilges if you fail."

Tasks:

Cooking: Need a Profession (Cook) or an Intelligence Check. Don't forget the +2 for the galley.

Fishing: Need a Profession (Fisherman) or Survival check to catch enough fish.
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-09 at 12:12 AM.
    Cool. His ego and his survival instincts are fighting for control of his mouth. - Ennesby, Schlock Mercenary

Favorite Merc Maxims

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

The Qadiran sighs as she's paired with Aretta, but doesn't complain as they venture into the bilges.

"Deserving's got nothing to do with it, Aretta. I'm not here by choice, and I doubt you are either. We're all on this crew whether we like it or not, so the least we can do is get to the point where we're not itching to knife each other after dark! Besides, my "friends" are only friends by virtue of arriving at the same time. I don't know them and they don't know me. Nor for that matter, do you."

When the spiders emerge, she whips out the dagger and attempts to skewer one of them.

"Sh*t!" she curses as she misses and the dagger sticks in the ship's wood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Strength: (1d20+1)[13]
    Constitution: (1d20)[18]
    Attack Roll: (1d20+3)[6]
    Damage (if it hits): (1d4+1)[5]
    Perception: (1d20+6)[22]
    Last edited by Archpaladin Zousha; 2013-01-09 at 01:01 AM.
    "Reach down into your heart and you'll find many reasons to fight. Survival. Honor. Glory. But what about those who feel it's their duty to protect the innocent? There you'll find a warrior savage enough to match any dragon, and in the end, they'll retain what the others won't. Their humanity."

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"Do tell. We were accosted belowdecks this morning, any idea why?"

(1d20+7)[19] Climb
    (1d20+7)[20] Climb
    (1d20+7)[13] Climb
    (1d20+7)[18] Climb
    (1d20+7)[11] Climb
    (1d20+1)[15] Dex

15. - Top - End - #75

Lucky winks at the young man "In truth no one belongs anywhere, a person has to carve out their own niche in life and do best with what they're given. I am used to working as a sailor and I think if we work together we can definitely take out a few rats, what do you say?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Actions work dilegently for now muahahaha stealth roll (1d20+9)[15] please be better than a 4 Cas has been taking a beating as of late...
    Blarg...

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

Spoiler
    Show

Rugnar is going to drink until he can't. He'll arm wrestle anyone for their share.

(1d20+7)[15] fort check
    (1d3)[2] con damage
    (1d8)[2] fatigued
    (1d4)[3] CHA

(1d20+7)[9] fort check
    (1d3)[1] con damage
    (1d8)[2] fatigued
    (1d4)[1] CHA

(1d20+7)[15] fort check
    (1d3)[2] con damage
    (1d8)[5] fatigued
    (1d4)[2] CHA

The Dwarf didn't stir when the others woke. He lay there still for a bit more. Work make him hate, drink made him forget. He liked forgetting. Others dragged him up to the deck for his work shift.

Looking at the sewing that needed to be done, he got to work. He took his time. The work wasn't going anywhere and neither was he.

Spoiler
    Show

He'll take 20 for sailor check with a 26

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Varya smiles unabashedly - the dwarf wasn't one of the leaders, so maybe a bit of congeniality will do wonders. "'Ratline' is it?" she guesses pointing to the gnome, "and 'Narwhal'... did some one aboard find your horn a bit much?" she jests playfully before continuing more seriously, "I don't know what your beef is with me and, frankly, I don't care. We're both riggers and we'll work together at least today," she pulls a draught from her newly acquired waterskin, "I'm willing to forget. Alright, I'm a quick study, so show me how it's done." Varya sets into the raising the sail.

Spoiler
    Show
    Work diligently:

Sailor: (1d20+3)[20]+4=24
    Constitution: (1d20+1)[4] (not sure if this is needed with a sailor check)

18. - Top - End - #78

"I'll get to the fishing" Harry says, heading up on deck. "Let's see what we can get!"

Spoiler
    Show

Survival Check for fishing. Daytime action is work diligently, and the bonus from that is included here.
    (1d20+9)[29]

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Binderal smiles pleasantly at the two woman who show him how to tie the knots. He tries to make small talk but quickly realizes that everyone on this boat seems have woken up on the wrong side of the hammock so he quiets down and gets to work. Standing on the deck and enjoying the breeze, he lets Thimble get some fresh air sitting on top of his head or flying alongside the ship.

Rolls
    Spoiler
    Show

Profession (sailor): (1d20+2)[3]
    Constitution check: (1d20-1)[9] Con damage from Rum included
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

20. - Top - End - #80

ArchPaladin
    Spoiler
    Show

Though Artazostra fail to hit either spider, she did managed to scare them off. Unfortunately, Arettta is a bit more ashen and scared and makes her way up deck for a few minutes to cool and breathe some fresh air.

While there weren't more attacks, Artazostra did find a pouch in the water. Picking it up and carefully opening it, she see seven godl pieces inside, and sets it aside, out of Aretta's sight when the former whore came back down. Though her mood and attitude are still hostile, she doesn't give as much lip as before, leaving Artazostra with her thoughts.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

As the two of you work on the rigging, Conchobar takes a look back down before leaning close. "Seems a bit of a rivalry going on," he says, before looking around again. "You didn't hear it from me, but I saw Master Scourge speak with Fipps and Aretta. Seems he is a bit afraid you and your 'friends' might make a play for his position. Doesn't much like competition."

Getting back to work, Conchobar whistles out a small melody as he finishes for the rest of the day. Working as hard, Gareth finishes the rest of day thinking about what is going on.

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Shruggging, Jack does his best to help you out, though with your smaller stature and natural ability, 'Lucky' manages to get more rodents and vermin than either Fipps or Jack, much to the former's anger.

shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though it takes time, RUgnar manages to do a better job than the others from yesterday.

Sangine
    Spoiler
    Show
    Though the work went better than expected, Varya's muscles ache from the massives amounts of tugging, pulling, and lifting you had to do. 'Ratline' was more willing to shows her what needed to be done, though only because Varya was stronger than the gnome. With the gnomes help and taking breaks in between, you managed to keep up with Narwhal and exceed him, to the rough dwarf's demeaner.

Though you expect he wasn't a ringleader, he is nonetheless one who can make life 'interesting'. Fortunately, he isn't as hardbitten and could be persuaded, though it would take an exceptional talker to do so.

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

The work was long and hard, and something Binderal wasn't accostumed to after being away, it took everything the Elf had to avoid being a burden. Fortunately, the two females took it stride, especially when Tibbs asks you to 'enhance' her water.

A quick glance to make sure Master Scourge wasn't watching, Binderal changes the taste of the water in the waterskin that both Tibbs and Badger had, making the water sweeter and fruity tasting. With discrete castings through out the day, Badger and Tibbs chip in to help you out a bit more, in order to keep Master Scourge off your back.

Husky Boi and Sarone
    Spoiler
    Show

With Harold quickly volunteering to catch fish, Ezekial went about setting up for the supper, using what was left of the turtles from the night before to help make the meal. Meanwhile, Mr. Plugg continued to observe the cook, maintaining his silence and trying not to sleep.

With the rods and nets, Harold quickly brought in plenty of fish, mostly ones closer to the surface than anything. Once he caught enough, Harold starts bringing them down, cleaning and preparing the fish for dinner.

Shortly before dinner, a young female human walks in to get the meals for the captain and the officers. Wide eyed at seeing the food being prepped and the smells coming from it, she smiles at both Harold and Ezekial, giving a wink to the former as the young lady moves back up to the captain's quarters.

DAY 2: EVENING

As dusk settles on the second day, Mr. Plugg stands on the bridge before the assembled crew. "I must say," the young first mate says, his hands up at chest level, holding on to the sides of the overcoat. "You all have done decent. No one was shirking their duties, and we are making good time. Seems the new recruits are turning out better than expected."

Giving a self satisfying grin to Gareth and Varya, Mr. Plugg walks off to the portside, heading down the stairs to the Captain's Quarters.

Once again, supper is served, with fish and turtle meat in a light broth, with ship's biscuit added as well and a pail of rum for washing it down.

Knowing what happened to him last night, Ezekial quickly finished his meal starts bring the pots and dishes down stairs, conveniently forgetting to get his own rum ration. As before, Ezekial sets about cleaning the galley, seeking to find more worthwhile items.
    Last edited by Sarone; 2013-01-15 at 02:52 PM.

Favorite Merc Maxims

21. - Top - End - #81

Knowing that she hit a sore spot with Fipps, Cas sits next to him during dinner "Sorry about today, I wasn't trying to show you up, please as a token of my forgiveness have my run. I know it's a precious resource on this ship but I would prefer to have a good relationship with my fellow crewmates."

Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy and I may be able to get rid of that vile drink in one fell swoop! Though juding from the rolls probably not lol (1d20+9)[18]
    Blarg...

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

Rugnar

After finishing his day of work he eat and then stands in line for the rum.

Spoiler
    Show

Can someone please try and talk Rugnar out of the rum.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

"That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. We've been here two days. And we're hardly friends, we were just all enslaved at the same time." Gareth gives serious thought to just jumping overboard the next time the ship is in port.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Binderal tries to find a seat near Badger or Tibbs to try and make small talk now that they are "off the clock." He happily (but perhaps a bit too loudly) offers to spice up anyone's meal with a shot of Prestidigitation, doing so himself before diving in. He has no objection to the rum ration, finding its warming and dulling abilities rather pleasant.
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing

25. - Top - End - #85

Harold delivers the food up onto deck, and once again heartily takes his rum ration.

Anything to help make life here a bit more fun!

Spoiler
    Show
    Fort save: (1d20+3)[5]
    Con (1d3)[2]
    Fatigue (1d8)[6]
    Last edited by HuskyBoi; 2013-01-11 at 06:50 PM.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Daemon

Tired from a day of work while hung over, Varya checks out early - passing out in her hammock for the night. Chugging from her waterskin, she hopes to feel refreshed in the morning.

27. - Top - End - #87

Morbis Meh
    Spoiler
    Show

Though 'Lucky' Cas tries to be friendly when she sit next him, Fipps throws a scowl in her direction and moves off to where Aretta and Master Scourge are. As he does so, you pick up the whispered words, "blasted sharkbait gnome. Needs to watch herself or she'll become her nickname.

Partly stunned, 'Lucky' Cas turns to see Jack standing off behind her, eating an apple. "Ole Fipps doesn't like, 'Lucky," the young man says, before slowly reaching into his pocket and drawing out an apple. "Neither does Aretta. They both feel you are after a Master Scourge's job, who also doesn't like you.

Witha flip of a wrist, Jack sends the apple to 'Lucky' Cas, who catches it easily. "Name's Jack, Jack Scrimshaw. Sorry 'bout the silent treatment earlier, but it seemed like we needed to get the job done fast 'n well, less Fipps rats us out."

Shugyosha
    Spoiler
    Show

As Rugnar stands in line, you notice that there are quite a few games around that involve strength and skill. One such group are arm wrestling, though with the drunken nature of the crew, it seems like it would be entertaining.

Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

As Gareth makes the comment, a red-headed female with a tricone hat walks by, but looks back when the gladiator mentions the friends. Turning, she has a smile on her face as she leans against a rail and looks at Gareth.

"Seems you're of the oppinion that everyone should leave you alone, gladiator. As she speaks, she leans forward and puts her hand out in handshake. "Me name is Sandara Quinn, preistess of the Pirate Queen. Like you, I was taken against my will, mostly because Master Scourge took a fancy for me. He didn't take it well to being told where to go."

Sighing she looks around, then back at Gareth. "Regardless of what you think, you are viewed as a threat by Master Scourge and the others. Master Scourge also has the ear of out First Mate. If both feel you are after their position, true or not, then they will view you as a threat. Those who wish to curry their favor, like Fipps and Arretta, will make it dangerous."

Giving Gareth time to process, Sandara gets up. "Just remember this, gladiator; it's not what you know that will help you survive, but who you know that will help you survive."

King Tius
    Spoiler
    Show

When Binderal starts being too loud about his abilities, Tibbs elbows him in the side. "Watch it, you fool," Tibbs say as she looks around cautiously. "Only reason I helped you out was because you can change the taste of things. Master Scourge and the others do not like it that a mage is here. Bad tendency to cause problems."

Glancing at 'Badger', Binderal notices the half-elf shaking her head at the Mage's actions.

Sanguine
    Spoiler
    Show

As you go by the shackled man, looking a tarred and feathered, you notice he is staring. While he seems to be dangeous, you get the feeling he isn't there for being dangerous to the crew as it is to being very simple and strong.

Husky Boi and Sarone
    Spoiler
    Show

The second night in the galley didn't go as smoothe, with several place being an even bigger problem; certain areas looked to have not been clean in months, while in others the cabinets and counters were so full of dirty dishes it took longer to clean than necessary. Looking at the grime encrusted dishes in one cabinet, Harold looks over at Ezekial when the doctor walks over. "Whoa, I don't think that was looked at since the ship was built."

Ultimately, though, the cleaning turns fruitful for both men. Once behind the pots and pans and other dishes and utensils, Harold discovers a small armory, finding a shortsword, two daggers and two hand axes, while a glance found another bottle of Devil's Cut Fine Brandy, possible from the same shipment as the others. This time, a small letter was with it, indicating it was a manifest for the entire shipment. A quick glance indicates that each bottles is worth about 20 gold pieces on the market.

As for Ezekial, cleaning the cupboards, he finds three more daggers and an unsed lock with a key still in it, sitting inside and covered with dust. Cleaning another one, the Alchemist finds another bottle of Devil's Cut Fine Brandy and a waterskin. Moving to a barrel, Ezekial dusts it off and laughs, seeing a branded label from Galt. Looking over at Harold, Ezekial draws the rangers attention. "Don't know about you Harry, but you think we could get this stuff to the Quartermaster tomorrow? Don't like the idea of all this alcohol being unsecured. Maybe even get our gear back."

MINOR UPDATE DONE!

Favorite Merc Maxims

28. - Top - End - #88

Cas offers a genuine grin as she deftly catches the apple "Well I certainly did more 'ratting out' than old grumpy Flips over there and as for their concern for me taking Master Scourge's position. Well that is nothing short of paranoia and folly, I have been on this ship for two days why on earth would I want to shake the well established pecking order? That just seems like a good way to get killed if you ask me." She takes a bite out of the apple and proceeds to speak with a mouthful of apple "It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Jack, I am Cas, though you already know that and by your surname I suspect that you are adept at carving? "
    Blarg...

29. - Top - End - #89
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sarone View Post
    Rhyvurg
    Spoiler
    Show

As Gareth makes the comment, a red-headed female with a tricone hat walks by, but looks back when the gladiator mentions the friends. Turning, she has a smile on her face as she leans against a rail and looks at Gareth.

"Seems you're of the oppinion that everyone should leave you alone, gladiator. As she speaks, she leans forward and puts her hand out in handshake. "Me name is Sandara Quinn, preistess of the Pirate Queen. Like you, I was taken against my will, mostly because Master Scourge took a fancy for me. He didn't take it well to being told where to go."

Sighing she looks around, then back at Gareth. "Regardless of what you think, you are viewed as a threat by Master Scourge and the others. Master Scourge also has the ear of out First Mate. If both feel you are after their position, true or not, then they will view you as a threat. Those who wish to curry their favor, like Fipps and Arretta, will make it dangerous."

Giving Gareth time to process, Sandara gets up. "Just remember this, gladiator; it's not what you know that will help you survive, but who you know that will help you survive."
    "Why does everyone keep calling me that..."

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ettin in the Playground

Binderal frowns before continuing in a more hushed tone. "But there's so much good magic can do on a ship like this! Control the winds, repair the hull, repel attackers, you name it! Just you watch, a day will come where my magic saves our butts and you'll be glad I'm around. I'm more than just a water cleaner."
    Spoiler
    Show

My Characters

DMing