New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Orc in the Playground

ClericGirl

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time for Mortals, a Time for Gods IC

[QUOTE=MasterofFates;14426409]
    Quote Originally Posted by HearTheRequiem View Post

Bor sighed. We'll see, I suppose. If the Garna are going to achieve greatness, it will be through their own ingenuity, with the occasional boon from myself. They are strong, and I will not have them grow weak and spoiled like children.
    Smirking, Lloren turned away from Bor, muttering under his breath.

"And to achieve greatness, they must be put to the test...wouldn't you say?"

Unseen, his hands danced in an elaborate matrix, trailing coloured sparks through the air.

Down below the earth, the Apocrystal Spiders emitted those same sparks.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 6
    3 AP: Alter Action: Create Sentient Life (Apocrystal Spiders) -> Create Fabled Life (Apocrystal Spiders)

Lloren awakens a hidden talent within the Apocrystal Spiders - the powers of illusion, and enchantment. Alone, an Apocrystal Spider can project non-complex, yet convincing, images, and can attempt to subjugate a single target to its will, limited to the range of feelings and commands it can convey through its communicative harmony.

However, these talents are magnified when used in concert with others who share its consciousness. In a small group, the spiders can attempt to force an alliance mentally with a target, or predispose several foes towards a certain course of action. Their illusions become more complex, and more convincing.

However, their true power is when the entire hivemind is present. In such a case, they can forge an alliance with several targets at once, or mentally subjugate a target and project their own consciousness into the unfortunate foe. In this configuration, their illusory power is near-limitless, and vast in scale.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

How Kerska Got His Name

The Orcish people were hard and honorable workers, their smiths in particular. So it happened that two orcs, brothers, were hard at work forging precious gold and silver into beautiful objects for their tribe. After working for many weeks, they had finished their crowing achievement: a beautiful cloak, made from enchanted gold and silver thread, to be worn by the tribe’s wisest and most esteemed men. It was so perfectly made that it glittered and gleamed even when there was no light to shine on it--it flickered like golden flame. The brother orc-smiths determined they would present it to the tribe the very next day. After a long day of hard work, they soon drifted off to sleep.

The brothers awoke with a start to find their cloak gone, and when they turned and looked they saw a strange orc, black as night, running off with it. The older brother grabbed his spear, the younger his bow, and the chase began. The black orc ran as fast as he could, but the brothers began to gain on him. They chased him into a thicket, where he became stuck. Right as they were about to seize him and his prize, the black orc turned into an eagle, the cloak clutched in its talons.

The brothers were shocked, but continued the chase. The younger brother fired arrows into the sky. At last one pierced the eagle’s wing, and he came tumbling to the ground. As the brothers were about to snatch both the eagle and their cloak, the eagle turned into a vicious black wolf. The wolf bounded away, the cloak clutched between its fangs. Again the brothers were dismayed, but were determined to reclaim their prize, and so gave chase. They chased the wolf into a swamp, where the wolf became stuck in the mud. The orcs knew their way through the swamp, however, and soon the older brother surprised the wolf and stabbed its heart with his spear. The wolf became a terrible black snake, and it slithered away through the muck, the shining cloak wrapped in its coils. The brothers were not afraid, and they were determined to reclaim their masterpiece, and so they continued the chase. They fetched nets and hooks, and searched through the swamp for many days and nights.

The black snake saw them coming, however. It used its magic to change the appearance of the rocks and trees. The tree bark seemed to be made out of shining diamonds, the tree leaves of palest gold. The rocks looked like solid silver, the pebbles like rubies and emeralds. The brothers were shocked and amazed. What would they do with all this wealth? They began to argue. As they shouted and squabbled, the black serpent slithered away with their prized cloak. When the orcish brothers finally came to an agreement, they turned and saw that, instead of gold and gems, there was only rocks and mud. In the farthest distance, they saw a crow flapping away, a shining cloak grasped in its claws.

To this day the Orcish people curse the name of Kerska, which in their tongue means Shape-Changer, and in their tribes there is no greater sin than selfishness, like that of the God of Greed.

Kerska, meanwhile, flew far north to the mountains at the edge of the world. There he found a deep cavern, where he lay with his prize. As he slept, thinking selfish, covetous thoughts, he changed once more: he grew great bat-like wings, a long, serpentine tale, and black scales harder than diamond. His appearance came to match his insatiable desire, and he became the first dragon, and it is from him that all dragons are descended.

The beautiful cloak, meanwhile, came to reflect the nature of its owner: moody, temperamental, fickle, and dangerous. Its wearer can see the hidden dreams and desires in the hearts of others, be they mortal or divine, and have a part in shaping them. But beware, for its wearer is also cursed with the covetousness of the god Kerska, and will seek to satisfy his desires no matter what they may be.

Spoiler
    Show

Starting AP: 15

Create Arifact: The Cloak of Kerska (4 AP) Kerska's magic cloak gives him the power to breath fire even when not in the shape of a dragon, and to control the desires of others--particularly inspiring greed, lust, ambition, etc. however they choose.

Create Fabled Life: Dragons (5 AP) Old-school dragons--hoarding treasure, kidnapping beautiful maidens, plotting the downfall of kingdoms. No nice, friendly metallic dragons here. They're creatures of pure avarice and desire, just like their father.

AP Remaining: 6

Last edited by Falconer; 2012-12-24 at 06:34 PM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telum: A dance of light and shadow

Some of the Telumans cowered in fear of the Drakonyn. Children ran, and hid behind their mothers, and people fled the scene. Daven arrived, and began to assert control of the situation. "Stop running! You are cowards, and make fools of our entire race. Telumans are not Craven!" He turned around to face everyone who was now looking at him. "We must stand and face the things that would strike us down from the darkness; may our weapons stay sharp, and strike down all who oppose us!" With that Daven held his golden spear in hand, and began using the radiant golden glow to wave back the shadows. He jabbed at them not to hit, but to ward them off with his light.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Telum

After the time of the shadows, Daven was free to come and speak to this messenger from the Garn. "You speak well, diplomat of Garn. Your words make sense, as we people of Telum are also chosen. Pehaps it would be best that we forge some sort of pact with each other. Telum will raise soldiers and dominate physically. In return for some of our spoils, you will provide us with insight and new mechanisms."
    Telum

As Daven warded off the Drakonyr with his light, they hissed and drew back to the shadows, seeking to hide from the light that pierced their eyes, nay, their very bodies. The lead Drakonyr, known as Drak'ren, glared at the humans with eyes full of hatred. But then it began to walk away and as was the wish of his master, he listened in on the conversation, now only sticking to hiding in the shadows. "Thisss human must be importanttt" hissed Drak'ren. "Just to make sure I know what he saysss, nay, what he even thinksss, I shall secure him with an objecttt" said Drak'ren with a mean grin. He weaved his fingers in an intricate pattern for a few seconds, and then suddenly darkness streamed from around him and to the human's neck, unseen by Daven. An amulet appeared around his neck, full of the shadowy essence of Fyrador. To others, it would look like a plain jewel, but Daven knew that if he took it off, there would be dire consequences. "Excellenttt" whispered Drak'ren as he melted into the shadows behind him, searching for more humans of consequence.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 5.

Create Artifact AP4: Amulet of Sight. Allows any Drakonyr (and Fyrador himself) to see what Daven is doing at any time, following his movements and plans so that Fyrador can see where to wreak confusion amongst the mortals, cackling as he does so.

End AP: 1.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    He may have subtly fed on the unconscious of gods before but now the mad god has directly with the god of knowledge. Perit found how the madgods consciousness was held together and sent a powerful and, had the mad god ears, ear splitting message back.
    Spoiler
    Show
    ENOUGH!

The feedback of this message reached the races Perfit has touched, with the knowledge seeker's true purpose for the message behind it.

Perit collapsed in front of Varok. This was not out of exhaustion of his action, but shame. "I...I have committed a sin. A sin I never thought I would commit, but the mad god forced my hand. I have created ignorance and I have made knowledge impossible. It is knowledge of only a single word, but knowledge nonetheless. I fear obtaining this knowledge, so that I would know what to look for, may have damned me. In truth even I do not know what effect it may, or may not, have on a god."

"If you wish to help me fight the madgod then help spread the ignorance of this. I must warn you, I would first need to tell you of the word so that you too may know what to look for."

Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP
    -1 Bless: Snow bears are now incapable of hearing or seeing the word "Settamentipazzottore" and cannot be affected with its madness.
    -1 Bless: Narwhals are incapable of hearing or seeing the word "Settamentipazzottore" and cannot be affected with its madness.
    A dark laugh echoed in their minds. The Madgod was not angry. He was amused.

The cattle bites back?
    But it has no teeth.
    It knows not what it does.
    Poor, unfortunate soul.
    It dooms it's children further.
    Let it stew and think on what I mean awhile?
    Let the hatred build.
    It shall be exquisite.

Telum: A dance of light and shadow

Some of the Telumans cowered in fear of the Drakonyn. Children ran, and hid behind their mothers, and people fled the scene. Daven arrived, and began to assert control of the situation. "Stop running! You are cowards, and make fools of our entire race. Telumans are not Craven!" He turned around to face everyone who was now looking at him. "We must stand and face the things that would strike us down from the darkness; may our weapons stay sharp, and strike down all who oppose us!" With that Daven held his golden spear in hand, and began using the radiant golden glow to wave back the shadows. He jabbed at them not to hit, but to ward them off with his light.

Perit and Varok

As Mauhir drifted, she cast an easy eye over creation, looking for things to change or improve. She also stayed vigilant for threats, of divine or mortal nature. Overhearing a few words of the conversation between Perit and Varok, she became aware of the Madgod eating away at her thoughts, and knew that something must be done. This thing will fester in his power while he drains ours until he is great enough to destroy us. If he wishes to strike me down, let him do it in combat. He may be craven, but not me, I will give him the fight he is asking for.

So Mauhir sent a shard to urpose a different course of action to the pair gods. "Hello. I am Mauhir, if you have not already recognized my divine presence. I understand that this Madgod is slowly destroying us as much as you do, so that is why I have come. I must tell you, however, that your course of action is wrong. To fight a deity, you must go to him face to face, defeat him in combat, then take what you want from him. We are three and he is one! There is no reason why we should not go and decimate this adversary of ours!"
    Perit chisels notes in the stone tablet he carries as Mauhir speaks. "Very well, but how do we find him?"
    "I would seek him out, or call him out to face us if he is not to be found." she paused, contemplating the situation, "Do you not govern knowledge? Perhaps you could devise a better way."

The Void: A lost fragment of the war goddess

When Mauhir formed from the creator, her essence essentially split into two, much in the same way that a fetus will split into two and produce twins. This split happened so early on that the part of her that split off ceased to be a part of Mauhir as she is today. Part of her- arguably her more feminine side- was lost to her when this happened.

After Mauhir had formed she noticed the presence of the other. Still naked as The Creator had made her, she approached this other entity known as Gwynevere. "Hello?" Mauhir called out to her kindly, her spear illuminating the darkness of the void. "Who are you, and who... who am I?" was the next question that came. This one sounded rasher, more demanding of an answer. For the war goddess was fresh to this world; she did not know who she was or what she should do, and was desperate to figure that out.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gwynevere is born I am sort of assuming that conversation happened in the past, so if you want to create things you can skip to playing future-gwyn and continue this chat at the same time.
    It thinks to find me?
    But there is nothing to find.

I am the nonexistence.
    I am Madness.
    The Never-should.
    The cannot-be.

Suddenly, the two sounds coalesced and began to come from one direction instead of two.

You know not the thing you challenge. You cannot harm me. You cannot fight me. And you cannot STOP me. But feel free to try - frustration is delicious.

I SHALL END YOU.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Telum

After the time of the shadows, Daven was free to come and speak to this messenger from the Garn. "You speak well, diplomat of Garn. Your words make sense, as we people of Telum are also chosen. Pehaps it would be best that we forge some sort of pact with each other. Telum will raise soldiers and dominate physically. In return for some of our spoils, you will provide us with insight and new mechanisms."
    Mzark grinned wickedly. It is settled then, my friend. Together, the chosen peoples will achieve perfection.

6. - Top - End - #66

Telum: The amulet

Daven was brave, but he was not stupid. He knew that his people needed his heroics, and should some fell fate befall him, they would be worse for it than his amulet would make them. Mauhir, give me fortitude, he prayed, let me overcome this evil that has attached itself to me. May my mind stay sharp as a weapon, and may I strike down all evil that opposes me. But Mauhir was busy purging her own mind of evil, so no answer came.

Telum: The holy warriors of faith

Daven knew that he needed more than just himself to spread Mauhir's teachings, and ensure that they reached all of his people. He needed an order of elite to rule, and enforce religion above all else. So he starts the Holy Warriors of Faith, the most devout followers of Mauhir. They are thought of as elites, the most skilled in combat and faithful.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting with 5 AP
    Create order: The Holy Warriors of Faith, -2
    Giving me 3 AP left

Telum: Negotiations

Daven nods. "May we benefit each other, and strike down all who oppose us," he says, a manifestations of the holy words of Mauhir. "Say, does your kind know of the world around us? From whence do you hail? Are there other peoples ripe for attack?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am hoping this can lead into raids on Korren.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Daven nods. "May we benefit each other, and strike down all who oppose us," he says, a manifestations of the holy words of Mauhir. "Say, does your kind know of the world around us? From whence do you hail? Are there other peoples ripe for attack?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    I am hoping this can lead into raids on Korren.
    Mzart shrugs. Our god, the lord Borbalzuk, turned the lands to the north of Korren to sand. It is a harsh climate, but the Garna are well adapted to the arid atmosphere, and the heat from this new "sun," while uncomfortable, is nowhere near so devastating to our kind as to the few humans who wandered into the great desert. I do not know why my god chose to place our kind in such a place, but who among us can know the mind of a god? I imagine it a test of our abilities. We have sent some of the Cal-Garna, the shaggy ones, into the bordering villages in Korren already to collect slaves. Our people are not numerous enough to build the great empire we intend on our own, so we have chosen to find slaves and allies to aid our efforts until we can establish a stable society. We know little of the other peoples of this world, save for the humans. A few of our kind have encountered those insufferable crystal spiders in stony caverns, and we have heard rumors of great beasts that roam the frozen south. Tell me, what other peoples are there?
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-12-24 at 11:35 PM.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void Sisters

Gwynevere pondered what Mauhir had said, then smiled and pulled her sister into a warm embrace. She let go after a moment, spinning around. "Surely violence is not the only joy? What of a loved one's embrace, the sunshine on your face, or the contentment of an afternoon well spent?" Gwynevere gestured to the first world. "Surely there is more than one source of joy in the whole of existence."

Descent of the First Flame

As the sun formed, a single glowing ember, many times hotter than the surface of the enormous conflagration, fell through space. It descended to the earth, lighting up the night sky with fiery brilliance. On the third Night since the sun had been born, the glowing ember reached the first world. It descended, a fiery comet in the night sky. It streaked over Korren, illuminating the desert skies. Twin tailed, it soared, a sign of greatness. A kernel of divine power rested within the ember, and propelled it onward.

Over Telum it soared, it's divinity creating a serene song that rung in the ears of a select few. These people would, in the months to come, gather, and establish a temple dedicated to the twin-tailed comet's creator, Gwynevere.

Further and Further it soared, lighting up the night sky over Perit's island. It's speed unmatched by anything before, the twin tailed comet soared. It flew past the island, and over the icy lands of the south. Further it flew, it's brilliance spurring it onward. The ember descended, gravity pulling it to the ground. Finally, after a night of soaring above the sky, it fell. With a mighty crash the Ember landed upon the tip of Korren. Enormous waves heaved up tons of rock as the peninsula split from the mainland. A great mountain was heaved up from below, hollow and filled with liquid flame. Within this mountain burned the ember, a chunk of white hot rock, it burned hotter than any other fire to be born. Thus, the Kiln of the First Flame was born, a caldera scorched by the heat of the First Flame.

Spoiler
    Show
    12 AP - 4 AP - 1 AP = 7 AP
    4 AP - Create Artifact: The First Flame - The First Flame is a chunk of rock that is perpetually on fire. In fact, it is engulfed in so much flame and heat, that it is only distinguishable as a rock by touch. It glows white hot, and burns hotter and brighter than any other flame produced by mortals, or even gods. The flame doesn't do much yet, but it will, in time it will become very very powerful.
    1 AP - Alter Action: Create Land: Korren - The northwestern tip of Korren is broken off to create the Kiln Isle, a small island, only a few miles across, that is home to the First Flame. The island itself it mostly comprised of jungle and tropical vegetation, and the massive Volcano that is the Kiln of the First Flame dominates the island. The First Flame burns away at the center of the Volcano's caldera.

9. - Top - End - #69

BlueWizardGirl

The Orcs

The Orcs have many cities, before civilization, they would have made homes of whatever they could find, trees, mud, even straw. There wasn't much order to how they lived, and nobody seemed to care. Now, with the new organization that they have developed, the Nith'torri have been put to busy work, doing the things that nobody wanted to do before. They had captured some burglars who where fleeing a seaport of Telum, and picked up some basic knowledge of tools from the spoils in their bags. Now, the Kinsheth immediately figured how useful these tools could be. They had taught the Nith'torri how to use them, and ever since, great wheels of stone turn and grind. All at once, metal tools became available to The Orcs, and they loved having that power, for each scrap of metal make their work force more efficient, and eased their burdens well enough for them to take twice as many burdens. Such was the way of The Orcs. They learned to use tools efficiently as a means of getting work done faster. When they got the work done, they couldn't just send the Nith'torri off on vacation, so there was more work to be done. The Nith'torri work through hard labor, and terrible conditions most of the time, and they are darn proud of it. 12 hour days of doing their best work, working as hard as they can just to prove that they are willing to do it for the sake of honor and the welfare of their country. In times of prosperity, the Kinsheth put their force towards building vast halls of stone for the different orcish lords, hollowing mountains, and carving out great palaces underground. In times of strife though, it was the Nith'torri that would work that same 12 hour day growing food for the other orcs, who where not strong enough, or unwilling to do that kind of work. The Kinsheth had all been those of the Nith'torri who had proven themselves to be the best, and it was such that all of the orcish nobles had come from this tiresome work. Because all of the orcish nobles and leaders worked with the same tools, in the same quarries and fields, and with the same people, they would always make sure that the Nith'torri where looked after. This is what separated them from slaves. They where willing to do the work because it was for the good of their people, and the people who led them, and told them what to do came from them, and would never mistreat their own. A slave could never work as hard as the Nith'torri, for a slave lacked the motivation. A slave owner cold never hold the respect or dignity for their slaves that the Kinsheth had for the Nith'torri. The Kinsheth made sure that the Nith'torri got the best of the grain, the best steel, and yes, the best wine too.

Now, the orcs where a well oiled machine, and they began to work on building a great city around, and inside of the volcano. They made many discoveries about lava and volcanoes while trying to build a city out of one. First: that lava can kill large numbers of pretty much anything in a very short amount of time, and second: It cools fast into many different kinds of stone. Because of these two things, when working with The Great Mountain, they installed many traps with lava, and made many tools, and crafts out of not only metal and crystals, but out of obsidian and other volcanic rock. The city that will become of The Great Mountain is still in development, but it has all of The Orcs united in its outcome.

Kodeck watches them, visits them, and talks with a few, but he know he can not lead them, so he keeps an eye on them, but doesn't stay all the time. Kodeck is not afraid to walk in his true form in the world. He watches as great orcs are made, and keeps an eye out for those who could become heroes.

The Orcs are still very isolationist, which will probably not stay for very long, being that they are in the center of their continents. Even now, their scouts trade goods with the markets of many of the surrounding lands.

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

10. - Top - End - #70

The Void: Of all the joys

Mauhir looked as if she was truly considering, and trying to find truth in the words of her sister. She had enjoyed meeting her sister, like the feeling of the sun when it struck her face, and did feel a certain contempt when she had formed and discovered who she was. "Destroying one's enemies is the greatest joy that there is," Mauhir replies bluntly.

Telum: Budding friendship

Daven chuckled, and almost laughed outright. "Those darned crystal skitters are pests, aren't they? I think of them more of a plague than another race.
    Recently, we have come across strange shadows which have given me this amulet. Although I know it can bring no latent good, I feel that discarding it would create more evil in the process.
    It is good that your race needs to be tough to survive. For ourselves, this island is mostly rock. It is foreseeable that our food stores will run out some time in the future, so we must will probably have to rely on raiding the weaker races for food. We have a fleet of longships, but not the food necessary to support all of us.
    "

Madgod: Mauhir's mind

Mauhir drew her shortsword and banded iron shield, and frantically slashed at the dark air around her. "Come out and show yourself!" She called out to no one. "Craven!" she yelled when no one appeared. She looked to her new allies for any aid they may have on the matter. I could defeat any of these gods physically, but is my mind strong enough? Am I up for the challenge? I must show no weakness, physical, or mental! I must triumph! A single drop of sweat rolled down the war goddess's face; she looked enraged.

11. - Top - End - #71

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by DukeGod View Post
    "Join forces? To what purpose? And for what reasons? I did as I judged fair and better for the Firstworld, that is all. And I'm not done changing it yet. They all are almost ready. Just a bit more"

The god smiles. He wanted his own race, yet his would be different than all others. Not in the way the Madchildren were but he knew it'd be something different than what the other gods had done. He wondered, how they'd react. What would the other gods do...

He could barely wait. Almost feel the divine power slip thorugh him and shape as necessary. But he held
    "We could do a lot of good for the world, we would be stronger together than if we stood alone. Honor and justice are good, but look around us! We are still newborn, and our brothers and sisters wage wars, killing each other. We must be ready to defend our principles with our backs against the wall when the time comes, and I would much prefer to have an ally when that happens."

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Perit sighs to the Mauhir. "I am a god of Knoweldge but that does not make me omniscient, at least not when it comes to other gods. I know that the Madgod must use hosts for a physical body, but he can jump from host to host at anytime. His host can be of any mortal."

Perit stopped and thought for a moment. "Settamentipazzottore." He observed Mauhir's reaction to the mad god's true name and then whispered to himself. "I overestimated him. How could I be so stupid?"

He then spoke out loud, addressing Settamentipazzottore's voice. "You are overconfident Settamentipazzottore. You are a god just like us and just as old as Mauhir and I, if not slightly younger. You may not have a physical body, but you seem to forget we are gods and there is little we can't accomplish. We can, kill those without a physical body such as yourself. You are not our greater, but our equal and we out number you. Soon there will be no future for you."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-12-25 at 11:31 PM.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Telum: Budding friendship

Daven chuckled, and almost laughed outright. "Those darned crystal skitters are pests, aren't they? I think of them more of a plague than another race.
    Recently, we have come across strange shadows which have given me this amulet. Although I know it can bring no latent good, I feel that discarding it would create more evil in the process.
    It is good that your race needs to be tough to survive. For ourselves, this island is mostly rock. It is foreseeable that our food stores will run out some time in the future, so we must will probably have to rely on raiding the weaker races for food. We have a fleet of longships, but not the food necessary to support all of us.
    The Void- One More Boon

Borbalzuk watched this diplomatic meeting from afar. He was proud of his chosen people; they had learned already the value of temporary allies. He did not doubt that his Garna would one day drag the proud men of Telum from their homeland in chains, but for now, they would be valuable tools.

But perhaps...the clever Teluman would need a better incentive to aid the Garna? The metals and shining stones beneath the earth were of suitable rarity and grandeur to perhaps function as a steady incentive for the men of Telum. Perhaps the Garna could grow great, too, from clever manipulation of these precious materials. He released some of his divine power into the world below, to teach his people of his new concept.

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 4
    -1 Create Mundane Concept: Money
    New AP: 3

Telum- A Proposition

Just in time, Mzark received his god's latest idea. Hmm...if you are to raid Korren in the near future, we would reward you well if you brought back men to work in our mines and cities. With precious metals and gems from the mountains, perhaps? They have many uses, and are so very brilliant...crafts which use them may better display the greatness of the Teluman, and the black iron you could craft into terrible armour that will inspire fear in your prey. We have found also that certain gems are exceptionally sharp when properly cut- the finest spears, with heads of emeralds and diamonds, your people might wield...and no man or beast could stand in your way.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

The Void A Joyful Goddess

Gwynevere smiled, stepping back from her sister, satisfied with Mauhir's answer and contemplation. She turned, placing a hand on her hip and gazing at the wide wide universe. Exhaling, she glanced over her shoulder at Mauhir and waved. "I hope you don't mind if I head off." She said, turning and leaping through space towards the Kiln of the First Flame.

Kiln of the First Flame Igniting the Inner Flame

Gwynevere stepped into the Caldera of the Kiln of the First Flame, striding across the liquid rock as if it were soft grass. She reached the First Flame, caressing as she would a newborn. The First Flame crackled, leaping in intensity. The Volcano trembled, the ground shaking violently. The Flame exploded with power, sparks showering Gwynevere's form, pattering off of her harmlessly. She smiled, drawing some of the power from the Flame, sending it off to do as it willed...

All across the world, and beyond, the divinity flew, silent, invisible. Indeed, only a god could sense it's passing, as only he faintest flicker. Bits and pieces of energy leapt into every being, every creature capable of thought and reason. It nestled within their core, igniting into a pale flame. Undetectable now, it was the Flame of Life itself, the Inner Flame, the Soul. These fragments of divinity permeated their hosts, fusing with them and becoming as much a part of them as the skin and bones that made up their physical bodies.

And thus, the First Flame grew dimmer. It yearned to have the power back, but it knew it could not. Thus, it began to flicker. It pulled, then pushed, tides of spiritual energy washing over creation. The loose Flames, the Souls of those who passed, were drawn back to the First Flame. They were reforged, remade, and then given back. New Flames inhabited the forms of all new creatures capable of thought. The Newborn Humans, the Apocrystal Spiders, the Garn, the Orcs, the Drakonyr. All things had their own souls, and all souls were manifestations of the life and experiences of those who had them.

Miracles

With the gift of Souls, so too, came Miracles. Manifestations of faith in the divine, Miracles drew upon the soul of the user, their own Inner Flame, to create marvelous things. The first clerics could heal the wounded much faster than any medicine or existing magic. With the merest touch, and a short prayer, mortal wounds closed and broken bones knit themselves together once more. The Inner Flames of others were stoked, bolstered, and their spirits raised. All of this was done with the Inner Flame, the Soul. And though the power of the Soul was raw, unshaped, and very, very new, it would grow. It would be crafted by those who would wield it, it would become a power from the god's themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    7 AP - 4 AP = 3 AP
    4 AP - Create Fabled Concept: Miracles and the Inner Flame
    As stated above, the Inner Flame is the Soul found within any being. Though no soul is equal, souls can be placed into several broad categories.
    1. Lesser Souls are the souls of base lifeforms, such as large plants (Trees, whole fields of grass, etc.), Animals, and whole swarms of insects.
    2. White Souls are the souls of sentient lifeforms. They are proverbial bonfires in comparison to the dim glow of Lesser Souls. Any Sentient Race has a White Soul burning within it.
    3. Great Souls are the souls of powerful beings. Beings who are synonymous with power. Angels, Demons, Dragons, all of them hold within them a raging blaze that is a Great Soul. Sometimes, beings that hold a White Soul can reach such heights of power that their soul ignites further, and becomes a Great Soul.
    4. Grand Souls are the Souls of the very greatest of mortal beings. The Mightiest of Dragons, the Greatest of Demon Lords, the Archangels of the High Heavens. To have a Grand Soul is to have a stake as one of the most powerful beings in existence. Similar to how White Souls can rarely become Great Souls, Great Souls can rarely, and I mean rarely, become Grand Souls.

Miracles, otherwise known as Divine Magic or Clerical Magic, is a way of utilizing the Inner Fires of one's soul to accomplish great things. Through Faith in a Deity or Philosophy, sentient beings can be aided by their faith to focus the power of their Soul into Miracles. The more Faith one has in their chosen ideal, the greater the effects they can produce. Creatures with Great or Grand Souls are given no advantage over those with White Souls when it comes to producing Miracles, but they do have a greater reservoir of power from which to draw.

15. - Top - End - #75

Mauhir's Mind: Fighting the madness

When the Madgod's name was said, Mauhir dropped to hands and knees, her sword clanking out of her hand onto the perceived ground. At first, she almost lost consciousness, but keeping her objective of mental fortitude in mind, she was able to continue. It is best that I face the full force of my opponent, so that it will not have reserves of attack later. I need to face this words now so that it has no power over me. I am actually glad that I have this opportunity now. As she fights back the insanity in her mind, her teeth are barred, veins pulse on the sides of her head, and she leans on her shield, still attached to her arm. Hearing Perit address the harbinger of insanity inspired hope in Mauhir. As he talked, she pushed the evil from her mind, and stood up again. "Settamentipazzottore, you have no power over me!"

Telum: Sharing in spoils

Daven liked the sound of that very much. He held out his hand to shake, "You shall have your slaves, and we shall profit with wonders fit to our physical perfection. Sounds like a deal to me."

The Void: Where catch-phrases begin

Mauhir nods. "I wish you well in your endeavors. May our paths cross again someday." Wow, I should really think of something that sounds better than that next time, she thinks.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Perit gives Mauhir a dull look as she tries to fight off what she thinks is the insanity effect from Settamentipazzottore's name. "Why was you're effect instantaneous, even if you could fight it off, while I at least appear unaffected? Even for mortals it is subtle and long process."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-12-26 at 02:05 AM.

17. - Top - End - #77

Perit gives Mauhir a dull look as she tries to fight off what she thinks is the insanity effect from Settamentipazzottore's name. "Why was you're effect instantaneous, even if you could fight it off, while I at least appear unaffected? Even for mortals it is subtle and long process."
    Mauhir shrugs, "I was fighting him in my head already. Were I to guess, I would say that I called out the power of the word and chose to face it at once, so that it could not overcome me later." Truth be told, Mauhir's mind felt very strained then, but she would admit no such weakness.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

"Hmmm. My theory is that you only think his name drives you insane. Settamentipazzottore is a god like us at the same standing and power as us. Of that I am certain. I am less certain that his name actually effects gods, but there does not seem to be anyway to prove that at this moment. Either way, it is puzzling that his name would have such power while ours do not seem to have any similar abilities."

"Anyways, you are a war goddess. I am sure you can find a way to anger him enough to be drawn out. In the mean time I believe have some studying to do in this matter."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Halfling in the Playground

Varok was a god of nature and animals, not warfare or intelligence. He has a paternal sort of concern for the Snow Bears and Narwhals since he created him, but otherwise the Madgod had yet to intrude on his domain. While Mauhir and Perit discussed how to deal with the threat this god presented he had nothing to contribute as far as strategizing goes.

Meanwhile, Varok's attention was brought to the new lifeforms that had appeared in the ocean. Where did you come from? the god thinks to himself, I didn't create you. Interesting creatures though.

"You two are better suited to determining a course of action than I am. You'll have my assistance when the time comes, but I have some things to investigate as well."

Varok leaves to find the source of these new sea creatures. Descending into the ocean he observes the creatures as they go about their business. Even under the ocean he is surrounded by the same freezing mist as above leaving nothing but his glowing trio of eyes looking down inquisitively at the creatures visible. Then he hears the cry from below one of the creatures. Swimming further down to investigate he sees the small god child feeding besides the creature.

"Who are you? You are like me I can tell. Are you the one to create these creatures?" Varok asks the young god.

20. - Top - End - #80

Seeking the Mad God

"Your words are wise, god of knowledge. I will try to call him out, but I can make no guarantee on how responsive he will be." This is interesting, thought Mauhir, Perir and I could hardly be more different idealistically as gods, yet we seem to find a good amount of common ground to work together. "Settamentipazzottore! Entity, show me your face! I call you an entity because that is what you are. You are a god, no different than Perit or I, and as a god, you may project yourself in physical form. Show yourself now, and do not delay!"

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Seeking the Mad God

"Your words are wise, god of knowledge. I will try to call him out, but I can make no guarantee on how responsive he will be." This is interesting, thought Mauhir, Perir and I could hardly be more different idealistically as gods, yet we seem to find a good amount of common ground to work together. "Settamentipazzottore! Entity, show me your face! I call you an entity because that is what you are. You are a god, no different than Perit or I, and as a god, you may project yourself in physical form. Show yourself now, and do not delay!"
    A laugh echoed in her head.

You know so little.
    So naiieve, so foolish

I am above you.
    A consciousness.

I need no body to affect the world.
    You could not see me

Even if I were to reveal myself
    Certainly not a physical form

You would see nothing

But by all means,
    Continue.

Do not stop shouting my name
    Settamentipazzottore

On my part
    For my benefit

After all
    If even a single mortal hears
    it shall spread
    spread far and wide

The laughter continued, and began to fade from Mauhir's mind, and that of the other gods. Somehow, they knew the Madgod was turning it's attention away from them.

But if you are so desperate for an audience with me... Hahahahaha!!

The dead bear began to convulse, and psychic energy began to pour from it.

Simply wait.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-12-26 at 07:58 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #82

MindFlayer

The Space of the Universe

Esser saw his little Kecne, surviving with their sophisticated organic technology, so he let them be for now. He turned to the universe, and saw that every thing was separated...How disappointing that the universe didn't have boundaries that were meaningful to separate them, instead just the harsh void. He gazed up on the Kecne's crystal mountain, and watched as he altered the universe with a new creation.

It started simply. A tree, a strange tree none the less. Its branches were tubular, and its trunk made of synthetic polymers, but also sharing a crystalline quality. THis tree was at the center of the Kecne's mountain, but the tree grew...

After a day, the tree was already a hundred feet tall. It stuck out of the mountain, shining in the sun. The light refracted upon its weird branches.

At the end of the week, the tree had a part of itself in space. THe trunk was now wider than two arm lengths. At this point, the branches grew toward the moons.

Once a month had passed, the tree now had a trunk of a hundred feet wide. Its roots had over taken the the mountain it was growing on, and the Kecne started to live in this tree's roots, and discovered a tunnel system had started in the tree, which provided them ample shelter. The branches had connected to the moons, but this wasn't tethering them in on spot, for the hollow tree limbs were infinitely flexible.The trunk ascended further, before diverging towards two locations. The sun, and the channel through the nebula that surrounds the universe.

When 6 months had passed, the tree had reached the sun, and its branches were singed by it, but the tree was here to gather energy. THe second trunk had continued its journey to the edge of the universe. Back on the planet, the purpose of the tree was revealed. This was a public transportation system. THe roots had spread to every continent, though it wasn't invasive enough to cause damage. All a person had to do was provide some sort of goods, knowledge, or service to one of the Kecne Shepards maintaining the trees infrastructure.

After a year, the furthest branches had reached the nebula...And thus the tree rested. For it was now possible to travel along the tunnels of the tree from Korren to the moon if one were to make the pilgrimage there through the tunnels of what is now called the Starway Oak.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP:5
    Create Celestial Object:The Starway Oak, an infinitely massive tree that connects the universes places through a set of tunnels in its trunks. Travel is still extremely slow through this method. The tree trunk is in the Crystalline Peaks. -3
    AP:2

Esser smiled as he gave his Kecne something to maintain. He lied down on a branch of the Starway Oak, and watched the universe.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

23. - Top - End - #83

A place that may or may not be the Void: Letting vile darkness be

"You could show yourself, but you choose not to." Mauhir is audibly enraged by the voice without a body. When the bear appears, Mauhir strikes it down. "You waste my time. As it appears that you continue to refuse to fight me, I must leave you in your cowardice. It was well that we met on good terms, Perit. May your mind stay sharp and your weapons strike true." She sounds reasonably friendly considering her temper.

Telum: Answering prayers

Mauhir noticed Daven's prayer earlier, she was simply too preoccupied to deal with it. If I forget my people and allow them to be swallowed up into evil, then what sort of a goddess am I? She came before her Holy Warriors of Faith. "Greetings, my faithful." Immediately, everyone was in awe. Every one of them took a knee and said her words. Then, Daven looked up, but it was a young female who spoke. "Goddess. To what do we owe the pleasure o-" but she was interrupted by a sharp elbow in the side from Daven, who only proceeded to give her a stern look, then returned his gaze to Mauhir. "You need not hesitate to speak to me freely," Mauhir told her warriors. "You are a gracious goddess, my lady. I am Daven, your devout servant and leader of your holy warriors, and this is my second in command, Kaylee." "Well met, disciples," Mauhir replies, fixating her eyes on the amulet. He is the one who prayed to me for help. "It is come to my attention that a great evil has attatched itself to you. I am here to tell you that you need not fear darkness while I am around." She reached out to clutch the amulet, and Daven winced at her touch in some sort of insane pleasure. "May your weapons stay sharp and strike down all who oppose you, be they man or shadow." Mauhir crushed the amulet, and her followers echoed the words. All drew their weapons, awaiting what would happen next. "You lot are going to have to be my presence in the world when I cannot exert my own. You need to be my light to the darkness that may ensnare your brethren." Mauhir gives a part of her essence to her Holy Warriors so that they may share her presence with others.
    Spoiler
    Show
    3 AP - 3, divine infusion, leaving me with none.

Dark Moon: From one shadow to the next

Mauhir sent a shard of herself to the dark moon to meet with Fyrador. "Hello," she said without any warmth. "If you have not yet recognized my divine presence, I am Mauhir. I noticed that you would abuse my Telumans with dark magic, and invite you to fight me one on one, or with your shadows and me with my chosen people at my back. Either way you would prefer, you need to answer for your sins against me in combat."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The young godling gurgled and grinned widely at Varok. Then it sensed something familiar about Varok and suddenly sped towards him and with a battle-cry of Dadaaaaa! the infant godling hugs Vorak. As the infant ages quickly to toddler age his grip gets slightly tighter. He looks up and smiles widely again, his big blue eyes showing he's as content as a child could be. Hi!
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

25. - Top - End - #85

Varok is surprised by the young godlings reaction. "What are you talking about? I'm not you're..." Varok begins confused before making a connection between the strange force that had struck him, his thoughts at the time, and what this new god had created. "Well, I suppose I am in a manner of speaking. You can call me Varok. Do you have a name? Those like us tend to just... know things like that." Varok says returning the hug briefly before letting the child go.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Dark Moon: From one shadow to the next

Mauhir sent a shard of herself to the dark moon to meet with Fyrador. "Hello," she said without any warmth. "If you have not yet recognized my divine presence, I am Mauhir. I noticed that you would abuse my Telumans with dark magic, and invite you to fight me one on one, or with your shadows and me with my chosen people at my back. Either way you would prefer, you need to answer for your sins against me in combat."
    Dark Moon

Darkness swirled around his throne, extinguishing any light that was around Mauhir. "I did not have any knowledge of this, lady... Mauhir, was it?" he said, his mask showing complete calm. "If anything, my Drakonyr were merely following my orders to look upon the world and discover what there was to discover, for I love meeting new people. Like you, my dear" he said, as he was thinking quickly in his mind for how to avoid a fight. "I apologise for anything my Drakonyr have done and I shall chastise them most seriously. I would even allow you to name a punishment for them, if you so wish" He said, his eyes darkening slightly as he said so.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The young godling quickly responds Yoh- but stops, a confused and serious look coming over his face. nonono......Jongo! he face returns to the familiar grin Hi Varok! I'm Jongo.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

28. - Top - End - #88
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

A place that may or may not be the Void: Letting vile darkness be

"You could show yourself, but you choose not to." Mauhir is audibly enraged by the voice without a body. When the bear appears, Mauhir strikes it down. "You waste my time. As it appears that you continue to refuse to fight me, I must leave you in your cowardice. It was well that we met on good terms, Perit. May your mind stay sharp and your weapons strike true." She sounds reasonably friendly considering her temper.
    The Void
    Perit nods. "The farewell is redundant considering my mind is the only weapon I need, but I thank you nonetheless. Farewell to you as well."

With that the Knowledge Seeker vanishes.

The Ocean

Perit appears before the young god-ling his progenitor. He simply stands floating in the ocean, completely dry with his coat unaffected by the currents. "Greetings again Varok. I would like to ask permission to study the interactions between you and the god you created. Studying the gods, both old and new, side by side may help me understand Settamentipazzottore and a way to defeat him.

Studying your creation, Jongo I believe, here may also help. Like Settamentipazzottore Jongo is unique amongst the gods."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2012-12-27 at 02:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Telum: Sharing in spoils

Daven liked the sound of that very much. He held out his hand to shake, "You shall have your slaves, and we shall profit with wonders fit to our physical perfection. Sounds like a deal to me."
    Mzark nods, and shakes Daven's hand, doing his best to contort his claws so as not to lacerate him.

Then we return to our sands. Goodbye, my friend.

And so, the Garna departed from Telum, Mzark having achieved far beyond what he had intended. He smiled, for despite his wicked nature, he had taken a sincere liking to these humans. Borbalzuk put these thoughts to rest with a single mental projection. Do not be a fool, Mzark. The Teluman far surpass their lesser cousins, but their fate will be the same. One day, years from now, your "friend" Daven will be your footstool. They are weak, and in my kindness I have made you strong. I will not have you waste my efforts for petty empathy. Do I make myself clear? Borbalzuk spoke with a venomous tone, and spat out the word "empathy" as if it were a curse. Gulping, Mzark I looked up into the heavens. I will not fail you, my lord. In due time, I...we will do as you say.

See to it that you do.

Spoiler
    Show

AP: 3
    -2 Raise Mzark I from leader to hero
    Remaining AP: 1
    Last edited by Fates; 2012-12-27 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by inuyasha
    Fates I think you are a psychotic genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand
    Fates, you are a god amongst men. Like, the god of bad luck.

30. - Top - End - #90

The young godling quickly responds Yoh- but stops, a confused and serious look coming over his face. nonono......Jongo! he face returns to the familiar grin Hi Varok! I'm Jongo.
    "An excellent name." Varok smiles back at Jongo, although it can't be seen through the mist that still surrounds him. "And you've gotten of to an excellent start as well, these are some fine specimens you have created." He says admiring the whale-like creatures that surround them.

Perit appears before the young god-ling his progenitor. He simply stands floating in the ocean, completely dry with his coat unaffected by the currents. "Greetings again Varok. I would like to ask permission to study the interactions between you and the god you created. Studying the gods, both old and new, side by side may help me understand Settamentipazzottore and a way to defeat him.

Studying your creation, Jongo I believe, here may also help. Like Settamentipazzottore Jongo is unique amongst the gods."
    "I see no harm in it. Although I'm not sure how much it'll help against the Madgod, Jongo's creation was a divine fluke of sorts. I can't even say how it happened entirely, but I think it's separate from anything relating to the Madgod. If you think it will help though, go ahead."