New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time for Mortals, a Time for Gods IC

Mageloft

Jule listened, and waved at him sheepishly at him as the student was flung off the school. "I'll have a room!" the girl says, "but do I have to stay in it?"

City of Knowledge

Upon Mauhirs request, Daven was sent to sail to the city of knowledge. He took the fastest ship in the fleet as his personal transport, crewed with strong Telumans. Ocean Reaver it was called, and Daven thought it would be fit to reave with. They rowed effectively through the water while Daven steered and commanded them onward. He did not necessarily like or dislike having to command his countrymen to row, but knew it was necessary for them to get anywhere. After all, it was a common saying that a captain is a kind on his own ship, and he knew that he could have them do more upon his whim.

When the ship arrived, Daven disembarked and found the gods on the island. "Greetings," said he, "I am honored to be a mortal standing before you. My name is Daven, loyal servant and representative of Mauhir."

Telum

"Thank you for your kindness, you are truly righteous in your spreading of these greater weapons capable of superior violence." When he began howling, "are you alright, Fyria? May I ask why you howl?"

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

Kobold

Kaija was descenting towards one of the locations where he felt something happening.Yes his people had learned to modify the minerals, but the world was also changing fast.

The new leader was with him for now they would go west he knew east were various places he might have missed seeking allies or make new agreements.

Still he felt very...agitated something happened, knowing that the gods would tent to the west from him, he left for the east part of the sea.

Close to the City of Knowledge
    He had travelled far but he wasn't sure if this place was new or not, he knew it existed when he came back from the space but what was its purpose.He remembered something from before when he was a part of Mauhir, but the leader on his back spoke causing him to forget "Sir? i think we shouldn't stay too long in the air".
    Kaija frowned she was right they might think he was an enemy or something, so he came down to the docks fast and silently, he would inquire there about where he would go.

The Umgra leader came down from his back as he shifted into a smaller form.She could be useful, if anything happened and she survived then she would become the official leader.

Spoiler
    Show

AP:6

Simple concept: Gemcutting
    Using various gems from the Maw in their crafts they know the very basics of Gemcutting(i think we dont have it??)

(she is a temporary leader with him may or may not be appointed in the end ;p).

AP:5
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-01-13 at 11:56 AM.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Mageloft
    The headmaster turned to Gale and said, "Yes, you can start tomorrow." Then he turned to Jule and said, "At times it will be expected of you to do so, but for the most part you will have freedom of the school."
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

4. - Top - End - #214

Misty Forests of Kochani

The eternal beat of the world kept on spinning. The satyrs had adapted to their new homes quite well and did not grate on the nerves of the new Queen of Music. They relaxed and played, sitting on the rocks by the river and playing instruments they were learning to construct like the common flutes from the reeds.

"Wonderful noise!" Sotiria congratulated the satyrs, but it was nothing next to her Pan Flute of Beasts. When Satyrs grew hungry, they sat around the campfire for a feast. Melody Herself played a song of jingles and soon they were joined at the party by all manner of wild beast and bird. Although no Disney Princess would approve, it was a simple matter to slay one...

"This campfire gives our misty woods an excellent ambiance and spreads warmth through our bodies at night like a beloved song. But could it do more? Enjoyment can be gained through many interesting diversions."

And so the knowledge was set. Instead of tearing into the poor reindeer raw, the satyrs gutted it and prepared it first, the bears cutting it with their claws, and the satyrs preparing it be cooked. On the meat they sprinkled in all manner of spice from the plants Melody graciously granted them earlier. It was fun. Not as fun as music... but it wasn't like the band ever stopped here. Even as the Satyrs scrambled and cooked there were others that played and danced and made merry.

Have you ever seen a bear dance before? If you venture into these woods you may be startled to find a Forest Bear on its hind-legs dancing with a Satyr. The bears of this wood lamented that they could not hold instruments but enjoyed the constant sounds of them nontheless. But this "cooking" thing was something they were a little better at, and everyone watched in wonder as the former carcass was dragged off the flames and consumed. And the goddess smiled, and it was good.

After dinner, the Satyrs could go back to what they do best. Which was nothing. The ones that weren't already taking in the pleasures of her plants were probably high now, wandering the forests and philosophizing to trees because of the mushrooms. Most satyrs only wanted to relax, so it wasn't uncommon for another mortal, if they ever saw a satyr, to see them with some sort of large rolled "blunt" to feel constantly nice and further enjoy music whatever its source. This would be the common stereotype of the legend if people came to draw it in the years to come.

In addition to rampant drug-use, many of the satyrs were constantly tangled in an intimate embrace with one, but usually more, partners at any given time. A practice that Sotiria often joined in on, because all these things were created for her pleasure and freedom as much as anyone else. Some satyrs still hunted these woods, but for the fun of it, not to survive, just as many fished. Some of them just wanted to climb trees and be a kid again with no worries to tie them to this world. But with sex, drugs, and flute music, it was always a wild party.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 2
    Rollover: 4
    AP: 6

Fabled Creatures (Satyrs): 5
    Even though Satyrs aren't created directly by Sotiria but rather by the curse she enacted they come from all manner of humanoid mortal races, but currently only Orcs and Humans. Satyrs become stronger and much faster than the race they originated in, so an Orc Satyr would be stronger than a human Satyr, but both would be more physically stronger than the base. But not by very much. They are much faster, however, more like the speed of the deer they represent through the woods than the people they were. Satyrs have a great deal of stamina and can work or exert themselves for much longer, but as lazy as they are they probably wont. It's just so if they do have to do something it won't wind them that much. They can also recovery from injury or sickness much faster; more like a few days than a few weeks.

These creatures live by a code of being worry-free code that is core to who they are now and absolutely buck against any sort of authority so they would be more resistant to madness than most races not entirely immune. But the rare mad satyr would be a terrifying sight indeed. They also enjoy an extended lifespan of 150 years compared to most mortals. And that begins when they become a Satyr, so an old man would find his vitality restored, his youthful vigorousness back, and an extra 150 years on top of what he has already lived. Satyrs have a talent for music more than most races because they were created by Melody Herself, so they can sing, creature instruments, and play instruments just plain better than all but the most accomplished of the other races musicians. They can stir the emotions in such a wonderful way. The horns can also be used to attack in a desperate situation. You'd never want to be gored by a Satyr.

Unfortunately, Forest Bears don't get any of these special bonus powers, they're more like their arctic cousins. Just smaller.

Create Mundane Concept (Cooking): 1
    I haven't seen it created and my party can't have raw meat! The entire world can now discover the joys of cooking and let it evolve from there. Mostly, Forest Bears handle most of the cooking in the Forests with a few Satyr helpers. But mainly the bears.

AP: 0

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Mageloft

Jule listened, and waved at him sheepishly at him as the student was flung off the school. "I'll have a room!" the girl says, "but do I have to stay in it?"

City of Knowledge

Upon Mauhirs request, Daven was sent to sail to the city of knowledge. He took the fastest ship in the fleet as his personal transport, crewed with strong Telumans. Ocean Reaver it was called, and Daven thought it would be fit to reave with. They rowed effectively through the water while Daven steered and commanded them onward. He did not necessarily like or dislike having to command his countrymen to row, but knew it was necessary for them to get anywhere. After all, it was a common saying that a captain is a kind on his own ship, and he knew that he could have them do more upon his whim.

When the ship arrived, Daven disembarked and found the gods on the island. "Greetings," said he, "I am honored to be a mortal standing before you. My name is Daven, loyal servant and representative of Mauhir."

Telum

"Thank you for your kindness, you are truly righteous in your spreading of these greater weapons capable of superior violence." When he began howling, "are you alright, Fyria? May I ask why you howl?"

"I howl because there are those in the world that use their freedom for evil instead of goodness. On my travels, I have seen acts that are beyond simply enjoying life and spreading good will. I saw a huge man kill a small girl. If that small girl had a gun, she could have saved herself from the intruder. If everyone owned a gun, everyone would be equal in combat. Strength would carry no merit for those that do harm, and physical weakness would impede no doer of good. Someday, Caylee, I will create a worldwide organization dedicated to teaching everyone how to defend themselves. But for now, I must carry my mission out one mortal at a time, as I have with you."

Fyria sighed and opened a portal to Syne, next to the Saloon in its geographic center.

"Revelday begins soon. Would you like to join in the festivities?"

6. - Top - End - #216

Telum

"I will join you for festivities if you wish, but I will only be able to afford one day." She follows him through the portal and thinks, please, Mauhir do not let this be a trap. For the people of Telum had become wary of enemies after their many wars and conflicts. "I will tell you that we have some fundamental differences in philosophy, because I hope it will not affect our friendship. These differences are about philosophy of violence in particular. You see, in Telum everyone trains hard to be as physically strong as possible. We pride ourselves not on being equal, but on being superior in combat.For this, we work hard from a young age, and use our defeats to make ourselves stronger. By the teachings of our goddess, in your story, the large man has every right to kill the inferior female as long as he has no ties to her, simply because he is physically stronger and he can." She is serious, but her voice rings in her last sentence which would indicate she has some problem with it. "I'm not sure if I can, in good faith, introduce this weapon to my people."

Mageloft

Jule responds eagerly. "When is this curfew? Where exactly is my room?" But before she gave him time to answer, "Eh, i'll figure it out. You can tell me later, i'm going exploring!" With that, she runs away and up a nearby staircase, eager to see what the keep holds within.

City of Knowledge Docks: Inquiry

Davens mate and a few members of his crew were lingering around the docks, and saw Kaija and the leader approach. He was a tall lad with a billowing cape that was as black as night, despite the rest of the parties clothes being stained by the salt of the sea. "Hail!" he called out. "What business have you here?" It was a friendly call, far from a challenge. Besides, the ship would indicate that they are visitors to the island as well.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Telum

"I will join you for festivities if you wish, but I will only be able to afford one day." She follows him through the portal and thinks, please, Mauhir do not let this be a trap. For the people of Telum had become wary of enemies after their many wars and conflicts. "I will tell you that we have some fundamental differences in philosophy, because I hope it will not affect our friendship. These differences are about philosophy of violence in particular. You see, in Telum everyone trains hard to be as physically strong as possible. We pride ourselves not on being equal, but on being superior in combat.For this, we work hard from a young age, and use our defeats to make ourselves stronger. By the teachings of our goddess, in your story, the large man has every right to kill the inferior female as long as he has no ties to her, simply because he is physically stronger and he can." She is serious, but her voice rings in her last sentence which would indicate she has some problem with it. "I'm not sure if I can, in good faith, introduce this weapon to my people."

Mageloft

Jule responds eagerly. "When is this curfew? Where exactly is my room?" But before she gave him time to answer, "Eh, i'll figure it out. You can tell me later, i'm going exploring!" With that, she runs away and up a nearby staircase, eager to see what the keep holds within.

Davens mate and a few members of his crew were lingering around the docks, and saw Kaija and the leader approach. He was a tall lad with a billowing cape that was as black as night, despite the rest of the parties clothes being stained by the salt of the sea. "Hail!" he called out. "What business have you here?" It was a friendly call, far from a challenge. Besides, the ship would indicate that they are visitors to the island as well.

SYNE

"OK, Caylee! This is the land of Syne. To your immediate left is the Great Oasis, and immediately in front of us is the Gods' Saloon. Around us is what I am forming into the City of Blackwood. This Revelday is going to be the first Revelday ever. Here, try this…"

He handed Caylee some alcohol. It was brewed from barberries (desert apples) and was basically the same flavor as hard cider in our reality. It was part of the first batch of alcohol in the world. To have Caylee trust Fyria that the drink was not some exotic poison, he poured himself a drink first and began to drink it.

"We call this stuff alcohol. It is very good…"

8. - Top - End - #218

Kobold

Kaija turned to the human who called him, and he noted how he was dressed, but first things first. "Hello to you as well traveller, we are travelling around searching for some knowledge" thats when it struck him when he was a part of Mauhir's chosen? or at least they had some resemblance to her chosen humans, but all humans look the same and some weren't so perhaps he would ask.

As his gaze intensified a bit he asked "I have two questions first where are we, and second are you Mauhir's chosen people?".The last was a bit more important but he dint emphasize neither of these questions both were important to him.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

City of Knowledge

Perit smiled at the new comers to his city. Things were falling into place now. "I welcome you to the City of Knowledge. I will call for Pearl, leader of the Stone Keepers, to be you guide. I know the humans have come here to exchange knowledge and I trust the rest of you are here to do the same. If you would excuse me, I have business to attend to with other gods."

From a near by waterway a female Narwhals pokes her head of the water. "Professor Pearl, please guide our guests to the schools, if you would be so kind. A knowledge exchange shall take place."

"Gladly, Professor Perit. " The Narwhal begins swimming slightly to the south before stopping and turning towards the others. "Follow me please."

Elsewhere in the City

Perit leads Fusreoh towards where he had sense his guest and greats the visiting gods once the two arrive. "Greetings Svaldyraz. What brings you to my humble city?"

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP
    +4 from rollver
    -1 Join Pantheon: Mauhir's unnamed pantheon
    -1 Create mundane Concept: Education
    -3 Gain Domain: Mind (Intelligence)

AP spent on domain:
    1 bless Narwhals
    1 bless Snow Bears
    2 Promote Leader: Pearl
    2 create concept: Psychology
    1 create concept: Education
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-01-13 at 08:46 PM.

10. - Top - End - #220

Syne: Revelday

Caylee had a sip, then she had another. "Mmm," she said, "it has a good taste. Strong, yet... somehow sweet? I like it." She sipped her beverage once again with less inhibitions. In fact, Caylee was really warming up to Fyria. "Now this is a concept that I would not hesitate to share with my people!"

City of Knowledge Docks

The man with the black cloak laughed. "If you have come looking for knowledge, you are in the right place. I am told that this sites name is the city of knowledge. You are very perceptive- yes, we are Telumans, the chosen people of Mauhir. My name is Jeorde, and my captain and us were sent to this place by our beloved goddess herself. Now I believe you know me, but I know little about you. What be the nature of your existence?"

City of Knowledge

Daven bowed, and prepared to leave. "You should know, lord of science, that not only am I a human who will readily exchange knowledge should you request it, but the representative of my goddess." Mauhir had instructed him such. She had also told him that Narwhals and Snow Bears were inferior beings, and that he should help them to appease the other gods, but not to think of them as equals.

11. - Top - End - #221

BlueWizardGirl

Mageloft

Gale carries her things to her room, taking in all of the details of her passage to it.

Spoiler
    Show
    @mark, Summon post about the details of the interior of Mageloft, including what the room looks like

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

12. - Top - End - #222

Kobold

City of Knowledge Docks

The man with the black cloak laughed. "If you have come looking for knowledge, you are in the right place. I am told that this sites name is the city of knowledge. You are very perceptive- yes, we are Telumans, the chosen people of Mauhir. My name is Jeorde, and my captain and us were sent to this place by our beloved goddess herself. Now I believe you know me, but I know little about you. What be the nature of your existence?"
    Thankfully the human spoke longer than he laughed, still he would take note of that in future references, still now he knew what these places were knowledge he would send the leader later on her own to learn. "Yes..nice to meet you Jeorde, i am Kaija, and as for the nature of my existence. I am a child of Mauhir thats why i know a bit about you, and here's something about me Mauhir doesn't know i exist yet, and its gonna stay that way....that is all Tanassa we are leaving" Kaija picked the pace and slithered away to the city with the leader in tow.

Spoiler
    Show

Curse:
    Neverborn Story: All who heard that information, from Kaija.That he was spawned by Mauhir are unable to speak of it to anyone, but another god who isnt Mauhir, any non-god who hears of this story by accident or otherwise, may not repeat it or communicate it in any way to other mortals.

Remaining
    AP:4
    (myyysteriouss :o what purpose does that snake hold?)
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-01-13 at 08:55 PM.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Ogre in the Playground

"Humble? That adjective makes no justice to the city. I know I have not the right to say so, but do not diminish it with modesty. I am not one of lies, rather they are good or bad. This city is prosperous. And while in others, more than one race have met and are starting to form some sort of alliances and friendship, here two races, possibly the ones no god expected to, managed to live together and build a city"

Svaldyraz speaks without emotion. He raises an eyebrow not much time later

"I come for knowledge, that much is obvious. Birthed as I was from a nightmare in my father's mind, with only the important to my domains and plans to bring them to be, I lack knowledge that those we created possess. I do not wish it to be so. I want to learn. Advancing based solely on my instincts has proven rather...unsatisfying."

"And last, but not least, I have but one request. To write the name and concept of the kind I created into the Stone of Knowledge. I believe the mortals have not done so yet"

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Syne: Revelday

Caylee had a sip, then she had another. "Mmm," she said, "it has a good taste. Strong, yet... somehow sweet? I like it." She sipped her beverage once again with less inhibitions. In fact, Caylee was really warming up to Fyria. "Now this is a concept that I would not hesitate to share with my people!"

City of Knowledge Docks

City of Knowledge

Daven bowed, and prepared to leave. "You should know, lord of science, that not only am I a human who will readily exchange knowledge should you request it, but the representative of my goddess." Mauhir had instructed him such. She had also told him that Narwhals and Snow Bears were inferior beings, and that he should help them to appease the other gods, but not to think of them as equals.

Fyria points at the firing range.

"Over there, we hone our ability to hit what we want to hit. The object is to hit the center of the target. Look at what those coyotes are doing… would you like to try it? There are a few minutes until the parades start…"

15. - Top - End - #225

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Borbalzuk's Territory
    Dormaguez and Jongo had finally arrived. There were none of his minions in site, although there was no question about it. They were in evil's hands now. Dormaguez made it to the beach and turned around. "Hey, I want to show you a neat trick!" He said happily.
    Dormaguez breathed deeply, and then breathed hard, and suddenly a huge swarm of Fire Elementals came forth from his breath. "Here's some more boys to play with us!"

Spoiler
    Show

5 AP spent to create Fire Elementals
    Fire Elementals are sapient, powerful and mighty beings that are made of magical fire. They are capable however, of changing alignment just as much Humans and other sapient races. In addition to being capable of fire in all their forms, they can shape shift.
    Jongo took one look at the fire elementals, waved his hand, and with a sigh of Eh... he changed some of the fire elementals. The fire was blown away and water rushed into the void left behind, forming water elementals. Now these guys I like.....they sorta balance yours out.

Elsewhere in the Ocean
    The goblins took to music well. They used simple horns made of shells and sung long tunes that floated about like the waves of the ocean. They tried to use drums but the sound did not carry well underwater so they left those.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 8
    Rollover: +4
    Alter Creature: Some fire elementals become water elementals, nearly identical except in their composition: -1AP
    Ending AP: 11
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

16. - Top - End - #226
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pearl

Pearl leads Daven towards a school where the knowledge written on the stone is taught to other, mostly younger, Snow Bears and Narwhals. The social narwhal decides to start up a conversation on the way. "You know, this isn't part of the deal our gods have or anything, but I do hope you consider having some of your people stay in the city and study with us. It would be good for you as well. If you had people to study with us, our people together could design new weapons and send them out to your people to make your armies stronger. You get stronger and we learn new things. Its win win!"

Perit
    "But it is a humble city All Judge. At least, in comparison to the vision I have for it. As for writing a concept on the stone, nearly ever concept is acceptable. The only problem is that I must insist on a mortal with a strong understanding of the concept adding the knowledge. I believe, for the most part, that the mortals should teach each other if not learn things themselves."

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Overcoming writer's block. Lesson 1: Stop taking yourself seriously.

Aiding the Enemy

One day, the Madgod looked at the Holy Warriors and their mission. They were righteous, kind and compassionate beings with good hearts and a good religion. So naturally she had to screw it up. He sat down and began making themselves a list of things it could potentially subject the holy warriors to, even though it was a mental construct and thus had no paper.

His first idea was to send a false prophet to spread a message of hatred and intolerance, slowly splitting the church in two. However, since Mauhir was an actual physical being in the universe and could just show up and say 'this is no prophet of mine', she decided against it.

It could send a madchild to alter the holy warrior's biological traits so they could never reproduce. This was far too petty, and could be quickly reversed. Even then, the Holy warriors could recruit from outside their ranks, and overcome their lack of ability to reproduce.

He could ask them politely to be evil. The only thought she gave to that idea was how it ever ended up in his head to begin with.

It could take away their intelligence, rendering them all idiotic. While she admitted to herself that this would be humorous to watch, in the grand scheme of things it was an overcomplicated plan.

It could give them all a deadly disease. ... She decided to file that one away for safekeeping. He liked the idea.

He halfheartedly wondered if they should curse them in a way that ironically helped him with every attempt they made to harm him.

Sounds like fun!

The Madgod cast his mind across all of reality, reaching for any and all who worshiped Mauhir. And so he cursed them all. Anyone they slayed in the name of their god, anyone executed for their crimes, anyone who even so much as MET a holy warrior before their death (including holy warriors themselves) would be His after death. Their souls would come to the glitch, the madness, the hivemind itself, and be tortured until they were too mad to do anything but serve it. Good stock would become Madchildren, and the rest would be consumed.

All their minds would belong to the MADGOD!!

Spoiler
    Show
    1AP - Curse The Holy Warriors - The soul of anyone who dies after having met a holy warrior in person (or having been murdered by them), even if it's years laters, will lose their souls to the madgod.

1AP - Bless - Everyone in the world knows about this curse, and so will avoid the holy warriors like the plague.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

18. - Top - End - #228

City of Knowledge

Daven hardly had to think about it to know that he didn't care to have any Telums studying science. "I will consider it," he replied grumpily. "You have to understand that Telumans are in several wars right now, and we need all of the soldiers and ships we can muster. Weapons may help, but men win wars. Perhaps we can yield some women, elderly, and infirm, but I will not have-" a strong man wasting his time with the likes of you at a place like this, he almost said, but caught himself. "I would just be remiss to lose a warrior in war times."

Revelday

"Why not," answers Caylee, "it looks like good sport." She wasn't necessarily the biggest girl, and as someone who had never had alcohol before, her walk was slightly clumsy. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make her shot off as well. She laughed, "I must be having so much fun I've gone clumsy!"

19. - Top - End - #229
    Ettin in the Playground

City of Knowledge

Daven hardly had to think about it to know that he didn't care to have any Telums studying science. "I will consider it," he replied grumpily. "You have to understand that Telumans are in several wars right now, and we need all of the soldiers and ships we can muster. Weapons may help, but men win wars. Perhaps we can yield some women, elderly, and infirm, but I will not have-" a strong man wasting his time with the likes of you at a place like this, he almost said, but caught himself. "I would just be remiss to lose a warrior in war times."

Revelday

"Why not," answers Caylee, "it looks like good sport." She wasn't necessarily the biggest girl, and as someone who had never had alcohol before, her walk was slightly clumsy. It wasn't much, but it was enough to make her shot off as well. She laughed, "I must be having so much fun I've gone clumsy!"
    "It's OK. The parades are starting…"

A singing troop of well dressed coyotes came around the corner, half dancing, half singing. Coyotes on either side cheered them as they passed. Fyria whispered to Caylee before they got to where they were.

"Now that I've thought about it, there is one thing that could possibly make one gunfighter better than another: The ability to increase the speed of their draw without losing accuracy. Now, wave at those coyotes, the ones that march like this more or less live to entertain…"

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

"The way any god envision this city is meaningless. I know that you made it with the idea that only mortals would advance it. The way we see it, the way we think it should be. They all mean nothing here as long as it is relative to the city itself. The mortals rule. That tought, that came from you itself will not be defiled. Let us leave behind any prejudice that comes from our minds and see the city for what it is."

"...I have no qualms with a mortal writing the concept. However for mortal to understand my Iceborn would be rather complicated unless you consider them mortals. They are rather rare, and I would rather not raise any others that do not come from the created system. If what they would need to understand was the concept of Undeath that I used to alter Gwynevere's souls than that is less of a problem. I know just the place where he could possibly study it. Choose the mortal yourself, but be sure it is one of a strong mind. Or perhaps an entire team. Although I belive they might come back and write more than just one word"

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pearl

"That is fine Mister Daven. Physical strength serves no purpose in the lab. What we need are not strong people but intelligent ones with the tendency to think outside the box. I believe such people exist amongst humans. Am I wrong?

As for your wars, this may be vital to winning them. Whether your people like it or not times will change and the future will progress. Weapons like those "guns" we have heard about from over seas will eventually reach the point where physical strength will be next to obsolete on the battle field. If your people are to continue winning wars you will need to adapt or possibly even stay ahead of the curve. If we work together we may even find a way to keep physical strength from becoming obsolete and possibly even increase the boon it provides. But if you tell me this is not worth the one small vessel it would take to ship our discoveries back and forth, then I will drop the subject.
    "

Perit

"So that means you have no mortals of your own? I was hoping one of your people could come to visit this city. If not I think I can find someone, but I may need to time to consider my options."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-01-14 at 06:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #232
    Orc in the Playground

Mageloft
    As they both run off the Headmaster says, "You will be staying on floor 14, just go in when you get there."

Gale
    As Gale goes down the staircase she passes 3 floors that had large, obviously locked doors. Then she passed a large library full of books. Next she walked past a floor with 2 doors on either side, from which she could here the words, " Ecrof fo tsalb!" Which was followed shortly by, "Ecrof fo llaw!" On the next floor she found 4 doors that opened as she got near them, each had a note on it that read, "To residents of floor 14. This is the headmaster, from today onward Gale and Jule, two new students, will be staying with you." When she went into one of the doors she finds that she is in a decently sized room, with a couch, a table, a fireplace, and 4 more doors. Each door had a nameplate on it. One of The doors had Gale's name on it. Inside the room there was a bed, a bookshelf, a closet, and a desk.

Jule
    As Jule runs down the stairs, she finds the library.

Full description of interior
    Spoiler
    Show
    The interior of Mageloft is constantly extending to fit more students and classrooms. Currently it has 20 floors connected by 4 (2 up, 2 down) spiral staircases (That happen to be in the same room), 2 floors consisted of the vast library right below the headmaster's chambers, 3 floors were dedicated to the Headmaster(Which are off limits), 4 floors were dedicated as classroom (Each divided into two rooms, which were off limits when a teacher was not there), and 10 floors were dedicated to be used as personal rooms (Each of the personal room floors had 4 equally sized personal rooms and one large shared room). The last floor was a large lounge that is open to all. The personal rooms each had a bed, a bookshelf, a closet, and a desk.
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Korren, Bremen

Antera sat on the roof of the Oathkeepers main headquarters. The town she’d created the order in had grown large enough to need a name. Thanks to the Oathkeepers efforts in connecting the various surrounding communities, it would need a stronger identity moving forward. The older adults, with a few Oathkeepers got together and decided to name the village Bremen. It was a small effort, but it was a good start.

“Now... I think it’s time to meet a few other players. Let’s see if this turns out to be a farce or a drama.”

At that moment, Antera hears the soft sounds of music, passing through not only the air but fabric of reality itself. Antera smiles.

“Hmm... carefree sounding, but maybe a little wistful? Even so, a stroke of luck. A little music would go a long way.”

Antera looks down at her clothing. Her long robes, long hair and regal stature had made many a human bow before her. It wasn’t doing too many favors for personal interaction, however.

“Something a little less formal, maybe... hmm, and if it surprises any of my peers, so much the better, eh?” says Antera, chuckling as she tosses away the robes from her body. Beneath, her whole appearance changes, from that of a Princess to a Painted Woman. It was short, though more muscular than her previous form. Her clothing was still white, but limited to a simple wrap around the chest and a plain loincloth. And while still black, her messy hair seemed much more coarse, almost like long fur. As for her skin, while tan, it would be hard to tell under the many tatoos covering her body. Designs ranging from shapes and patterns to tiny murals depicting whole lives or adventures. Strangely though, her six arms remained, though resized and tattooed to match her new form.

“Ha ha haa! This is more like it,” She said, cracking her joints. Jumping down from the building, she flexed her toes, letting them dig into the dirt.

“Much better. Can’t do anything with the arms tho’... some things you can’t change I guess!” she said, grinning.

Antera walked into the now much larger town square of Bremen, carrying a sack over her shoulder. People stared again, though for different reasons this time. Still smiling a silly grin, she sat down and began taking out the contents of the bag.

“Antera?” called a faint voice. Lonne stood above, looking quizzically. Despite now working daily with her new family, the Oathkeepers, she was still rather shy.

“Good eye, girl!” said Antera, chuckling as she pulled out a odd material, like very thin leather. “Hold on ta this for me.”

“What is it?” asked Lonne.

“Snake skin.” replied Antera.

“Eh!?” Lonne dropped the snake skin while Antera laughed. The commotion drew the villagers nearby, trying to figure out what this wild woman was up to.

“Alright, horse hair around the string, then, snake skin over the resonator... and done!” said Antera, holding up a long, thin necked instrument with a bow. Everyone stared as Antera turned it over a few times, inspecting it. Apparently satisfied with it, she immediately began to play. Unlike singing or Sotira’s panflute, this instruments sound was much different. It produced a thin, delicate wail. Resting the instrument on her lap, she effortlessly worked the bow to produce a happy, jaunty tune. By the end of it she had the villagers clapping in time with the music, even Lonne joining in.

After finishing her song, Antera stood up.

“EVERYONE!” She boomed. The crowd seemed taken aback, but still in good spirits.

“I think it’s time to celebrate this town. Or celebrate everyone living in it. Heck, we should just throw a festival just for fun! Come on, I’ll show ya how to make beer!” she said. The crowd, caught up in the excitement, cheered. As Antera passed over her new instrument, Lonne came over to her, looking fit to burst with laughter over her deities' antics.

“It seems like you’re just in this for the fun,” said Lonne, putting a hand on her teacher’s shoulder. Antera smiled back, with her new, childish grin.

“Little Lonne, I’ve always done everything for fun,” she said.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 12
    Rollover +4
    Create Concept (Instruments): -1
    Ending AP: 14

24. - Top - End - #234

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Markadelf View Post
    Mageloft
    As they both run off the Headmaster says, "You will be staying on floor 14, just go in when you get there."

Gale
    As Gale goes down the staircase she passes 3 floors that had large, obviously locked doors. Then she passed a large library full of books. Next she walked past a floor with 2 doors on either side, from which she could here the words, " Ecrof fo tsalb!" Which was followed shortly by, "Ecrof fo llaw!" On the next floor she found 4 doors that opened as she got near them, each had a note on it that read, "To residents of floor 14. This is the headmaster, from today onward Gale and Jule, two new students, will be staying with you." When she went into one of the doors she finds that she is in a decently sized room, with a couch, a table, a fireplace, and 4 more doors. Each door had a nameplate on it. One of The doors had Gale's name on it. Inside the room there was a bed, a bookshelf, a closet, and a desk.

Jule
    As Jule runs down the stairs, she finds the library.

Full description of interior
    Spoiler
    Show
    The interior of Mageloft is constantly extending to fit more students and classrooms. Currently it has 20 floors connected by 4 (2 up, 2 down) spiral staircases (That happen to be in the same room), 2 floors consisted of the vast library right below the headmaster's chambers, 3 floors were dedicated to the Headmaster(Which are off limits), 4 floors were dedicated as classroom (Each divided into two rooms, which were off limits when a teacher was not there), and 10 floors were dedicated to be used as personal rooms (Each of the personal room floors had 4 equally sized personal rooms and one large shared room). The last floor was a large lounge that is open to all. The personal rooms each had a bed, a bookshelf, a closet, and a desk.
    Gale thought to herself, 'What a cool place, now time to unpack, and make it a little more homely.' And as she unpacked, hanging her dresses in the closet, put a large mirror above her desk, putting her other things in various places, she realized how welcoming her room was. She had brought some flowers, and seeds, but had nowhere to plant them. 'oh well, I'll just throw them back in the trunk,' she thought to herself.

Kodeck the Stonelord

Kodeck was watching over the world from afar, when he realized that everything was only surface deep. The mining of The Orcs only went so far. He set to remedy this. He thought back to creating the continent-No, farther, to creating The Great Core, and the crust of the world. He put caves into the earth. A web of caves reaching down from the surface so far that nobody from the top, who spent their life climbing down could encounter someone who spent their life climbing up, purely from the zig-zag, and expanse of the caves. This underdark, as he would call it, was beautiful in it's own way, and scary in another. Kodeck didn't fill the underdark with much, yet. . .
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP:4
    -1 Alter action: Create land, the great core. There is now a truly expansive underdark, a web of dark caves leading down into the earth. Any given cave might reach a dead end, but the matrix of caves, the web has alternate paths. Theoretically, these caves could be used to get from one place on the surface to another, though it would take much longer than going overland. One could even follow caves under the ocean, though it be time consuming, and the air pressure might get to you, if the creatures of the deep don't reach out first. (They don't exist yet)
    Remaining AP:3

Spoiler
    Show
    Lords of Creation Character color key:
    Cereim: Fire Brick

25. - Top - End - #235

Revelday

Caylee waved and applauded the performers. She smiled; she was well and truly enjoying herself. "Perhaps it would not be a terrible idea to carry one, and use that speed to draw it should I loose my primary weaponry." At first, the Coyote features seemed strange and foreign to her, but she was beginning to find them attractive. "We sure do not celebrate like this back home," she said dreamily as she moved slightly closer to him.

Mageloft

Jule looked on at the library in awe. I... never would have thought something like this could exist. She had never even seen a book before in her life, but this was unheard of. She rushed past them, opening one after another. Amazing... Predictably, she went after books with colorful pictures as soon as she found some, and leafed through them, enchanted by the magic within.

City of Knowledge

"I suppose we will afford you some visitors," Daven said reluctantly. The whole concept that Pearl had introduced upset him, and he didn't very much like thinking about it; violence was their entire way of life. Working with the Garnans was one thing, but working with Narwhals and knowledge seekers was something completely different, and not just because Mauhir told him that they were inferior. With the Garnans, trade worked on a very material, objective basis, where both sides were motivated by mutual gain, and trade only occurred if both sides had something to offer. With the city of knowledge, it seemed as if knowledge would be exchanged without rules on a give and take basis. They are weak. "So, I believe I was sent here to exchange information?"

26. - Top - End - #236

Kobold

Kaija left the city of knowledge he had seen enough and felt a shift various gods doing their own stuff, and not wanting to get back flying he just got back the normal way.And that was easier than he thought it would be.Still no time to waste, he had an idea.

He looked over at the various castes as he sent the leader there to meditate she was really bad at her job.But probably better than others, he thought a moment what they needed was a cause to become more warlike or at least a reason to butcher anyone who came here.
    Keeping that in mind he gave them a small blessing and then proceeded to teach one or two a bit about it.

Meanwhile two of the three bottom castes, were almost literally butchering each other in a genocidal campaign and the upper ones were infighting over who would rule and take priorities on.Just as planned chuckling he returned to the volcano to rest he was done for now.

Perhaps he should tell them about the other races to the continent.....nah not that important.

Spoiler
    Show

Fabled Concept:
    Sacrifice of Flesh: this type of magic or rather the ritual itself, is gifted by Kaija to the Umgra race, but anyone with his permission one person or a race can use it.It allows them to take a small part of the beings power and if they wish also one of their physical qualities.

To do this a body-part from said being is needed and the next step is traditionally based on whether a person is able to get to the maw or not, most use the maw to cast the part and then proceed with the ritual.

In the end how it happens depends but the bare essence is that you need Kaija to allow you the use of this specific ritual and then just say while holding the flesh if you wish only a part of its power or one of the physical abilities of the being as well, but that effect is random and usually non-reversible.

AP:1
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-01-15 at 01:07 PM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show

City of Knowledge

"I suppose we will afford you some visitors," Daven said reluctantly. The whole concept that Pearl had introduced upset him, and he didn't very much like thinking about it; violence was their entire way of life. Working with the Garnans was one thing, but working with Narwhals and knowledge seekers was something completely different, and not just because Mauhir told him that they were inferior. With the Garnans, trade worked on a very material, objective basis, where both sides were motivated by mutual gain, and trade only occurred if both sides had something to offer. With the city of knowledge, it seemed as if knowledge would be exchanged without rules on a give and take basis. They are weak. "So, I believe I was sent here to exchange information?"

"Yes, I have not forgotten. We are almost at the school." Pearl said as she continued to swim along. They rounded a corner near one of the labs and a sudden explosion went on from within. The explosion launched a Snow Bear from the lab and he landed right in front of Pearl, splashing the whole group. Pearl did not even flinch and instead smiled pleasantly as the badly injured snow bear swam to surface of the water way while laughing fiercely.

"Ahaha! So close! I am SO CLOSE now!" The snow bear just noticed Pearl as he was climbing out of the water way.

"Oh! Hi Professor Pearl. My experiments are going well. I should have something we can add to the stone soon enough."

For her part Pearl nodded politely and said "That is wonderful news Professor Rheozk. I look forward to seeing the results. However, I think first you should get your wounds attended to."

Rheozk laughed as he ran once more into his lab and shouted back "There is no time! I am so close!"

Pearl chuckled and shook her head. As she swam along she looked uptwoards Daven. "It is so nice to see people around here use the madgod's curse for productive purposes. The opposite is always horrific to witness. Oh, and it seems we are here. I shall meet you inside."

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ogre in the Playground

"My iceborn are not in the strict sense of the word...mortal. I myself am not quite sure of what you could call them. Undead just seems easy though that word and concept is something I created in a way. Perhaps the academics will find the answer"

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Revelday

Caylee waved and applauded the performers. She smiled; she was well and truly enjoying herself. "Perhaps it would not be a terrible idea to carry one, and use that speed to draw it should I loose my primary weaponry." At first, the Coyote features seemed strange and foreign to her, but she was beginning to find them attractive. "We sure do not celebrate like this back home," she said dreamily as she moved slightly closer to him.

Mageloft

Jule looked on at the library in awe. I... never would have thought something like this could exist. She had never even seen a book before in her life, but this was unheard of. She rushed past them, opening one after another. Amazing... Predictably, she went after books with colorful pictures as soon as she found some, and leafed through them, enchanted by the magic within.

City of Knowledge

Fyria wagged his tail and smiled. His noble muzzle hung slightly ajar as he put a furry arm around Caylee. He liked this mortal quite a bit. She was so open to new expirences, and above all else, she was interesting.

"Tonight, we will enjoy fireworks and more music. I have enjoyed our time together so far…"

Fyria removed his black hat.

"Now that this parade is nearly over, how would you like to enjoy some steak? It is a dish new to even me, invented by some other diety…Sotira, I think…"

"It fits well into our society, anyway. My coyote children enjoy it, so I think it is worth a try. All I know is that it would be nice if we had a large edible animal native to Syne so my children could hunt their own food and I could focus more on exploring than slaughtering hordes of non-sentient life forms."

Fyria paused a moment.

"We usually take off our hats when we enter a building. I'm not sure why, we just do. I guess I started it as a idiosyncrasy and my children just mimicked me. Follow me…"

They sat inside at a table, facing each other. The owner of the house immediately brought them each a large glass of hard cider. Every coyote makes excess food and drink just for occasions like Revelday. Revelday is about the only day of the year where you can just enter a coyote's house and eat with the owner, no questions asked. This doesn't mean coyotes don't share food the rest of the year, it just means that the majority of coyotes that aren't ill or copulating their spouse will open their home to guests. That is why Revelday is nicknamed "The Day of Open Doors". A closed door on Revelday is only acceptable for the sick, the nude, and the incarcerated.

The only food available to coyotes in their immediate area at the time were barberries, fish from the oasis, and roadrunner. Roadrunners gave meat, but rather or not roadrunner meat could qualify as steak was another discussion entirely. Fyria brought them the meat for steak from other lands.

"That steak smells good, at the very least…doesn't it?"
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-16 at 04:28 PM.

30. - Top - End - #240

Revelday

"As have I," she replies pleasantly, "and I will look forward to the rest of our evening." She smiles, "we do eat meat in Telum, so lets see how it stacks up against ours. It sure does smell good..." When he tells her about how they remove hats, she takes off her leather helm that she had been wearing. She was still dressed for battle, which felt silly in a place like this, but then again, many of the costumes she had seen had been elaborate. It occurred to her that her studded leather jerkin and skirts may not be her most flattering outfit, and she found herself wishing she was wearing more attractive clothing. "Wait, your children?" she asked, first confused, but then amazed, as it dawned on her that the man she was talking to may actually be a god.

City of Knowledge

They know no violence! thought a frustrated Daven. How can they have no desire to inflict pain, and prove their physical superiority? "What of the curse?" he asked suddenly. "I mean, I do hope it does not affect how we are viewed by others."