New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Lords of Creation: A Time for Mortals, a Time for Gods IC

Pearl

"I speak, of course, of the curse the madgod put on Narwhals and Snow Bears. It is a curse that makes us more susceptible to madness. It is terrible to see when people give in to the curse's destructive nature. I have seen snow bears tear their own families apart before being put down by the other citizens of the city. I have seen narwhals bash their heads into the coral until they died. The science of psychology is meant to understand and control the madness, but that is not always enough. You fight your war with other nations while the madgod has forced us to fight a constant war with ourselves."

Perit
    "Hmm I see. They were once mortal however, correct? They are not gods and like mortals they must learn from only trial and error, yes? If these are true then that is good enough for your Iceborn to write their concept on the stone."
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-01-16 at 04:32 PM.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard Lord View Post
    Pearl

"I speak, of course, of the curse the madgod put on Narwhals and Snow Bears. It is a curse that makes us more susceptible to madness. It is terrible to see when people give in to the curse's destructive nature. I have seen snow bears tear their own families apart before being put down by the other citizens of the city. I have seen narwhals bash their heads into the coral until they died. The science of psychology is meant to understand and control the madness, but that is not always enough. You fight your war with other nations while the madgod has forced us to fight a constant war with ourselves."
    Suddenly, Daven pitied them. It was one thing to have outbreaks of violence, but quite another to have it within your own society. "I am sorry for what has been done to you." Daven sounds very genuine as he speaks. "He has targeted us with a curse too, as I am sure you are well aware, and I apologize for what our interaction will cost you. Now, shall we continue to our knowledge exchange?"

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

"Very well. Although even then it will be difficult to find one who will do it. Perhaps one of the members from here will die and give unlife to one..."

"Now as I said, what I have learned from my birth is not enough. I want to know more. This is the City of Knowledge where others come to learn. Will they teach me?"

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ettin in the Playground

"This steak is really good…I can see why my children prefer it to fish or roadrunner. The animal I get this from is also a lot bigger than than those tiny birds that run around here. One of these days, I'll make a cow that can thrive in this desert and that can subsist on reject barberries. How are you enjoying your steak, Caylee? Is it seasoned well?"

Fyria noticed Caylee's jug of hard cider was nearly empty, so he refilled it for her. This act took virtually no effort on his part.

"What is your favorite color, Caylee?"

5. - Top - End - #245

Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    "This steak is really good…I can see why my children prefer it to fish or roadrunner. The animal I get this from is also a lot bigger than than those tiny birds that run around here. One of these days, I'll make a cow that can thrive in this desert and that can subsist on reject barberries. How are you enjoying your steak, Caylee? Is it seasoned well?"

Fyria noticed Caylee's jug of hard cider was nearly empty, so he refilled it for her. This act took virtually no effort on his part.

"What is your favorite color, Caylee?"
    Caylee tears at her steak. "It tastes great," she is trying to mimic etiquette and be as polite as possible, but her mannerisms were much more blunt being from a different culture. She takes another swig of hard cider. "I guess blue, but not blue like the skies. I like the color blue that the ocean turns after a storm. Do you have a favorite color?" She had never really thought about color preferences before, but liked staring off to sea occasionally. "What exactly do you mean they are your children and you will make cows?" She has yet to figure out his identity as a deity.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

BLACKWOOD, SYNE: REVELDAY

"Red. Red like the sun setting across the desert sands. Red like the barberries that creates our cider. Red like the embers of a dying fire…"

Fyria stopped to think about how much Caylee was drinking. She could sure hold her liquor…

"As I said before, I am the god of the desert, celebrations, and guns…"

The sun was going to set soon. Fireworks would light the sky not long after that.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-17 at 09:55 PM.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Pearl

"What is one more curse? I only hope that when your wars are won, Daven, the Telumans and the City of Knolwedge can take the fight directly to the Madgod's followers. Anyways, I shall meet you inside."

Pearl dives into the water and Daven will notice that there is no visible water way that leads into the school. He finds Pearl in a pool inside the school. She orders the snow to hand them text books on the concepts the school has uncovered and invite him to classes that teach the subject as well. They then ask Daven if he would like the honors of adding the Teluman concepts to the Stone of Knowledge himself.

Perit le Bicoad

Perit raises an eyebrow at the other god's question. "But of course. Where would you like to begin?"
    Last edited by Lizard Lord; 2013-01-17 at 09:43 PM.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

DARUNK, FYRIA'S ASPECT OF WHISKEY: MAGELOFT

Darunk, Fyria's aspect of whiskey, visited mageloft in the hopes of finding a free handout of power to the coyotes of Syne. Diplomacy is key, and Fyria knew this. If Fyria was to create railroads, he would need another diety's help to do it quicker. The same would be true if Fyria was to create the telegraph. If Fyria played his cards right, he could have both the saloon and a basic rail system working in a matter of just a couple years. Fyria knew of camels, now, but he knew not how to transport a sizeable number from the northern desert to the western desert. It would be a tedious task that he was hesitant to resort to, but likely would if there was no better option. His children wanted steak. He would give them all the steak they would ever need.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-17 at 10:12 PM.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Dwarf in the Playground

Korren

Antera walked the roads of Korren on foot. It would be a simple matter for her to divine the lay of the land. But these walks served another purpose rather than just seeing the sights. As she travelled, she spoke with those she met. Some she would simply strike up a conversation, chat about anything from the weather to the nature of conflict and war. Other times, she would test others. She occasionally punished or rewarded those who completed these tests, but other times she would lecture them on what had occurred.

Today she walked in her Princess form, tall and calm, with her long white robes. Walking along the lower part of a valley, the morning fog made it difficult to see very far. The bodies on the ground were not clear until Antera got quite close. Two men, and one woman lay on the ground, slain, presumably by the woman kneeling nearby. She was holding some type of carved figurine in her hand. Her head bowed, tears silently dripped down her nose.. Antera felt like consoling the woman... but something within the spark of divinity inside her wanted to test this woman. She was clearly exceptional. In what way, she would have to see. Her face like a smiling porcelain mask, she asked in a soft, polite voice,” Oh my, bandits? I do hope I’m not in trouble.”

The woman on the ground wiped her eyes. It only seemed to make her face look messier, but all the same she tried to clear her face and get a better look at Antera. “What... ar-” she started to ask, before Antera drew herself up regally.

“I am Antera. The goddess of Bonds, the Lifeweaver, the Connecting Oath. And you, little one, are clearly in distress. What would possess you to kill these men?” said Antera.

The woman dropped the statue in her hand. She clenched and unclenched her hands rapidly, her faced mixed with both sadness and angry indignation. “It wasn’t supposed to be like this. We got away... gods, all they had was this. We were all so hungry and tired... I couldn’t take it, they way they looked at me. I thought I was going to die...” said the thief. Antera felt a slight twinge of guilt, but continued.

“Little one, I can see the pain etched into your face. I won’t judge your acts, but I will offer you this: tell me what it is you desire, and you will be rewarded accordingly.” said Antera. It all came down to the thief’s response.

“I... I don’t want to be me. I have nothing, I mean nothing. Please, change me!” she said. Apparently this wasn’t the answer Antera expected, as she remained silent for a while before she answered.

“Nothing will remain nothing,” she said bluntly, looking the thief straight in the eyes,” If I gave you everything, you could return it to nothing again if you have not changed who you are inside. Too scared to die, but willing to throw away what little you have... I can admire your resolve, little one. If you truly wish to change your life, throw away everything and join me. You will start again, under my wing. What you make of that tiny life is yours. But I will warn you, as long as you follow me, your name must match that of your tiny new life. As fragile as the smallest insects, your name will be Gokiburi. You must be tenacious, cunning, and skilled to turn this life into something worthwhile. I can give you that chance, but you must take it, understand?”

Gokiburi nodded once. Antera smiled and took Gokiburi’s hand, lifting her to her feet.

“Then, let’s get started,” she said, dragging Gokiburi along back down the road by her hand,” There’s a lot to be done... yes, all sorts of training. I think first we will find you something to wear, though. There’s a lot of other things to be done though - I hate to rush these things but there is a god somewhere meddling in these forests. I’ll have to see about that.”

Antera continued to think out loud, passing on random tidbits of information about travelling, survival, fighting, even magic. Gokiburi seemed a bit overwhelmed, but listened with rapt attention. It would be several days until Antera left Bremen again with her new student for Kochani.

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 14
    Create Hero (Gokiburi): -5
    Ending AP: 9

10. - Top - End - #250

BLACKWOOD, SYNE: REVELDAY

"Red. Red like the sun setting across the desert sands. Red like the barberries that creates our cider. Red like the embers of a dying fire…"

Fyria stopped to think about how much Caylee was drinking. She could sure hold her liquor…

"As I said before, I am the god of the desert, celebrations, and guns…"

The sun was going to set soon. Fireworks would light the sky not long after that.
    He had not, in fact, previously revealed to her the nature of his divinity. Caylee went wide eyed in awe. "A god... I am truly honored to be in your presence." She was astounded by this discovery, and her not knowing how to react was visible, but she did not come off as enamored. Trying to regain her cool, "how poetic. In my homeland, we have neither deserts or barbaries, so I have not seen the beauties of which you speak."

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ettin in the Playground

REVELDAY

The first firework of the night exploded overhead. It was a rich, sensuous shade of emerald green that graced the night sky. That green explosion, its unique odor of spent gunpowder still hanging in the air, was immediately followed by a bright ruby red explosion. These sights, sounds and scents graced the sky above the deserts of Syne for the remainder of the night. Yellow explosions were paired with violets ones in quick succession, and multicolored explosions were not uncommon. There was a few new bouts of singing and rifle firing during this beautiful display of love and freedom. Fyria turned to Caylee at one point to ask her what her thoughts on the performance were.

Fyria decided at this point that he should create a society for the coyotes, so they may better organize themselves.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 4

☀—Create Society—☀

United States of the Syne Republic (US, USSR, or USS): The United States of the Syne Republic is a massive nation which consist of the entirety of the continent of Syne, as well as the southern half of west Korren. There are 7 states in the USSR:

The District of Blackwood (Blackwood), Nubia (Northwest Syne), Cydonia (Northeast Syne), Xethos (Southwest Syne), Zydeco (Southeast Syne), Kosyne (Syne peninsula, not including Korren or mainland Syne), Korinthia (Southwest Korren)

The inhabitants of the USSR are referred to as Synians.

Synian domestic policy of free trade and democracy is renowned around the globe. It has an foreign policy of opposing authoritarian regimes, and will gobble up land after it conquers a swath of an authoritarian nation. The USSR has friendly relations with Telum.

The primary national color of the USSR is red and the secondary national color is black.

The USSR is governed as a representative democracy, and has three distinctive branches of government. These branches are the excecutive branch, the legislative branch and the judicial branch. Each branch is run in a manner similar to the way the United States of America runs its three branches of government.

The head of the executive branch is known as the president. The president lives in the Red House in Blackwood, D.B.

—☀-1 AP☀—

Fyria knew that Revelday now had a third exceptionality to be assigned unto it: Founder's Day.

The question now, though, was who would run this new nation?

For now though, Fyria knew he had a Parthenon to finish. Deciding that the containment of the Parthenon in saloon should be symbolic, rather than literal, Fyria forged "The Gods' Saloon."

Spoiler
    Show
    Remaining AP: 3
    Forge Parthenon: -3 AP
    Remaining AP: 0
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-20 at 01:18 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

The Ocean

And from the goblin clans a natural leader emerged and his name was Chat. Chat had walked with the goblin's god and as such he was quickly elected by the clan elders to lead them.

Off the Coast of Syne
    As the greyles migrate in towards the pit Chat stands at the head of the largest one, nearly looking like an island itself at 2 miles long and 1/4 mile wide. Suddenly Chat's eye is drawn to fireworks in the sky and where they're coming from on land. So, he does what any leader would do. He raises his hand towards the revelers and let's out a booming Hello!

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 15
    Raise Leader: Chat, head of the goblin clans: -3
    Ending AP: 12
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    The Ocean

And from the goblin clans a natural leader emerged and his name was Chat. Chat had walked with the goblin's god and as such he was quickly elected by the clan elders to lead them.

Off the Coast of Syne
    As the greyles migrate in towards the pit Chat stands at the head of the largest one, nearly looking like an island itself at 2 miles long and 1/4 mile wide. Suddenly Chat's eye is drawn to fireworks in the sky and where they're coming from on land. So, he does what any leader would do. He raises his hand towards the revelers and let's out a booming Hello!

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 15
    Raise Leader: Chat, head of the goblin clans: -3
    Ending AP: 12
    ARCADIAVILLE, CYDONIA, USSR

Fyria immediately sent his aspect of Hard Cider, Cydonius, to see who was at his nation's shores. Arcadiaville was smaller than Blackwood, but the northeastern coastal city partied no less hard than the capital of the USSR.

"Greetings, son of the sea! I am the god of alcohol, father of revelers, master of the desert, patron of gunfighters, and leader of the USSR! Who might you be?"
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-20 at 02:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #254

GnomeWizardGuy

ARCADIAVILLE, CYDONIA, USSR

Fyria immediately sent his aspect of Hard Cider, Cydonius, to see who was at his nation's shores. Arcadiaville was smaller than Blackwood, but the northeastern coastal city partied no less hard than the capital of the USSR.

"Greetings, son of the sea! I am the god of alcohol, father of revelers, master of the desert, patron of gunfighters, and leader of the USSR! Who might you be?"
    Chat adjusted his simple coral headpiece and bowed. I am Chat, Youngest of the Eldest, Guardian of the Eldest Greyle, Slayer of Innumerable, Walker Amongst the Gods, Lead Elder of the Goblins, and winner of last year's singing contest. with the last proclamation he grinned and bowed again.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

15. - Top - End - #255

Pearl

"I shall await for that day to come," Daven says fondly. And may your whatever weapons you use stay sharp, he thought to himself. When inside, Daven takes in his surrounding, but only shrugs when asked if he wants to add to the stone himself. "I will if it is expected of me, but if it would be easier for another to do so, I will not mind."

Syne: Revelday

As the cold night air spread over the desert, Caylee huddled close to Fyria for warmth, but enjoyed being so close to his body. "It is simply magical; we have nothing like it at home."

16. - Top - End - #256

The Misty Woods
    Melody Herself

The forest grew. With every second that passed the divine forest the songwriter created encroached a little more upwards towards civilization.

The song continued without fail. Creatures would stop and stare at the events unfolding before them. Satyrs were nearly constantly locked in a drug-induced orgy, and Sotiria would involve herself often if she felt like it. Mostly she was just content to rule over this section of the universe and unconcerned with the rest of the world, unless she felt the presence of those crying out to be free or that was a threat to her and her way of life.

The satyrs had made great advances in music in just such a short time introducing better harmony, bass, strings. It was wonderful. Soon they'd have a full band. From the bones of animals, from the sinew, and from the tying of plants these new instruments developed advancing the cause of music even further. She smiled and knew her gift had been appreciated in the world, others had utilized it, parties had sprung up.. but with this no one could doubt her magnificent talent and soon the whole world would be a party.

New sentient life entered the groove that day. Spiders. They seemed awkward and unsure of themselves as they popped up out of the ground, but soon they too joined in with the band adding in their unique humming to produce a crisper harmony. But they couldn't smoke of the plants she had provided, so Sotiria devised a new drug that was more easily accessible.

A drink.

Spoiler
    Show
    AP Rollover: 4
    AP: 6

Alter Action (Booze Trees): 1
    These trees appear extremely similar to normal apple trees, but instead of apples they appear to be growing oddly-shaped coconuts. Inside these "coconuts", instead of the milky substance you'd expect it's a dark green color. Functionally, this liquid tastes and acts like some weird dark foreign 14% proof alcohol, much like Heineken but stronger. If a being with hands picks it from the tree the top pops off and they can use the coconut like shell as a make-shift bottle to drink it, but almost any creature can break into it and drink the contents inside. This alcohol is also strange in that it rehydrates the body and functions exactly like water allowing someone who was dying of thirst to survive. She placed these trees mainly on the outskirts of her forests (to make it grow) but they can be found all throughout her woods. It's also kinda addictive.

Create Land: 2
    I'm raising an island that is still connected to the continent of Korrin just to make my forest bigger. So, at the bottom of the continent of Korrin just add an island covered in forests to add onto the forest I already created on the Korrin that was.

Alter Creatures (Apocrystal Spiders to Emerald Spiders): 1
    A certain type of the spiders have heard my music so much that it filled their every thought and they could do naught but come join my revelry. A large group of the Emerald type of crystal spiders have come, but due to their hive-mind like nature the entirety of Emerald Spiders may come to join my party in time. This doesn't affect any other type of Apocrystal Spider.

Create Advanced Concept (Music): 2
    I'm going to go ahead and advance society greatly in the area of music making it probably one of the most advanced things people have access to. Expect more anachronistic instruments popping up now, but nothing that you need to plug in. More like Pianos can be made now instead of simple Flutes, and it also forces more of the population to take notice of music.

AP: 0
    Last edited by Phobia; 2013-01-20 at 03:01 PM.
    LGBTitP

17. - Top - End - #257

Kobold

The maw: Literall throw

The volcano was calm today even the lava levels were low, but he knew this wouln't last forever, but it seemed like his wait was over the Umgra castes had balanced each other the two lowest were now on a standstill united only by a common enemy, it seemed that a new leader was on the horizon various faction competing with each other.

One leader was rising above all.... Quite literately he had seen her from inside the volcano she was at the top with the previous leader and threw her to the volcano of course the first-born survived and before killing her told to her god the latest happenings there would be two castes with the new system the leader planned to make each with different roles, but flexible to allow expansion to new lands.
    Kaija perked his ears since then the new leader who was rising was Nae, and he knew she had made use of his ritual many times and once even with his serpents once a strong person indeed a perfect candidate.

He did his way to her camp, she was praying under the sky towards the volcano "For once i am surprised that my creations are so pious" the leader dint turn to look but spoke "You honour me Lord".
    Kaija sneered "Eh its fine dont get uptight your predecessors wasn't so uptight, even if you threw her inside the volcano heh good touch that action".

The Umgra was motionless and then turned she was strange looking for sure four eyes and her mouth had sharp teeth. Without saying anything she bowed "How can i help you today?"......Kaija was getting annoyed she did it on purpose yet it relaxed her more, still he came closer as she stood there. "Well you are to become the new leader and you will get this position i give you a week to finish your enemies that is all Nae may you surpass your mother". Without a word Kaija left flying for another land time for allies he had a plan.

The Misty Woods:Edge of the woods
    Kaija surveyed the place as he landed this..landmass wasn't here before he was sure. But he was intrigued by those trees that seemed to grow strange fruit.Arrogant as ever he tried to eat a few and was surprised by the taste he almost let a small flame out of his mouth.
    These trees were nice he should get more on his island, but he dint know how......why worry he started plucking many form the trees drink them and then eating them till he started feeling even more wobbly and warm.Satisfied he shifted himself smaller got rid of his wings and slithered to a big pile of leads to sleep over there. Tomorrow he would get these trees to his island....for sure!.

Spoiler
    Show

AP:1
    +4 Rollover

Promote Leader - 3 AP-Nae a new leader for the castes, hurrah hopefully she wont be killed(yet).

AP:2
    He is going drunk XD
    Last edited by Orbiter; 2013-01-20 at 07:13 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

"No. Forget it. There is likely a better way of doing this. I'm afraid I cannot allow mortals to see divine beings such as the gods, learning from them. Perhaps they wouldn't see it as something...entirely too great, but I cannot allow it."

Svaldyraz leaves for some time. He brings back a snow bear, whose skin seemed too cold with him. The bear he cursed

"This is Vrin'tek'kir. He was of the Misha Medved, the Hunter order I gave to the snow bears. However, taken by the Mad God's curse, he killed his family and believed death would set him free of his guilt. Thus, I killed hm and made him Iceborn, cursed with eternity to be tormented by those memories"

The bear is pitiful. A mess of what one should be. The white, iced skin is dirty, almost black at some points.

"Vrin'tek'kir. Lose all hope. I will not remove your curse nor allow any wound to destroy you. Perhaps, you will be free of your guily if you ever forget what you've done but I will not help you with that. As the Alljudge that is my last sentence. This is the City of Knowledge. Here you can learn, and help them understand what you, Undeath, and the rest of the Iceborn are, and perhaps learn youself what that is. You may even find yourself the power to be free from the curse. Or you will ease the pain you feel. Perit? He will write the concept on the stone once he has learned, and is able to. Of that, Vrin'tek'kir, I leave you no choice or will. Now, I will go.

Perit? My desire, my wish to learn has not yet passed. I am not satisfied with what I currently know. Fear not, I will learn, but not in the way I believed I would. Additionally, to the extreme north of this Island, I will place a portal. It will lead to another plane, that I will create. That plane will be the true home of my undead. Tell the people of the city, to lead them there, should one ever come here"

And then Svaldyraz leaves. Back to Nemeru. And starts the process of creating his plane. He rips the dimensions apart. And creates a place of life, death and undeath. Verdant forests, arid deserts, graveyards and cold lands. In the center of it, he creates a colossal mountai, at which sits a throne. His throne. Surrounding it are countless lesser thrones, to any Iceborn who arrives there. Thus, the land of the undead, Svalheim is created.

And at last, he places a portal to it, in the extreme north of Pearl's Island

Spoiler
    Show

Okay, here we go. I start with 8 AP
    Weave Plane (4 AP): Svalheim, Land of Undeath
    Set Portal (1 AP): Cold Veil, at the extreme north of Pearl's Island. It leads into Svalheim
    Alter Action (1 AP): The Creation of Undeath.
    Any being who becomes Undeath, knows the general direction of where Cold Veil lies. And where it leads to

This leaves me, 3 AP

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    Pearl

"I shall await for that day to come," Daven says fondly. And may your whatever weapons you use stay sharp, he thought to himself. When inside, Daven takes in his surrounding, but only shrugs when asked if he wants to add to the stone himself. "I will if it is expected of me, but if it would be easier for another to do so, I will not mind."

Syne: Revelday

As the cold night air spread over the desert, Caylee huddled close to Fyria for warmth, but enjoyed being so close to his body. "It is simply magical; we have nothing like it at home."
    "I'm glad you enjoyed this day. It was the first day of this nation. You may sleep in my tent with me tonight, if you wish. I have the task tomorrow of telling everyone about the saloon. You may return home in the morning."

Caylee was clearly drunk. Fyria was on his way there, as well. Even gods get drunk.

Fyria had developed a degree of carnal attraction for the mortal, as the two had a good set personal chemistry. Who knows what could happen with a tent?

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Chat adjusted his simple coral headpiece and bowed. I am Chat, Youngest of the Eldest, Guardian of the Eldest Greyle, Slayer of Innumerable, Walker Amongst the Gods, Lead Elder of the Goblins, and winner of last year's singing contest. with the last proclamation he grinned and bowed again.
    "I am also the leader of a new Parthenon, and I need members to join in on the party. Are you a god in and of yourself, or do you have a master?"

This question was rhetorical, as Fyria knew the answer. Fyria, however, was courious as to what his response would be.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    DARUNK, FYRIA'S ASPECT OF WHISKEY: MAGELOFT

Darunk, Fyria's aspect of whiskey, visited mageloft in the hopes of finding a free handout of power to the coyotes of Syne. Diplomacy is key, and Fyria knew this. If Fyria was to create railroads, he would need another diety's help to do it quicker. The same would be true if Fyria was to create the telegraph. If Fyria played his cards right, he could have both the saloon and a basic rail system working in a matter of just a couple years. Fyria knew of camels, now, but he knew not how to transport a sizeable number from the northern desert to the western desert. It would be a tedious task that he was hesitant to resort to, but likely would if there was no better option. His children wanted steak. He would give them all the steak they would ever need.

He was soon greeted by Dah, The Headmaster, who asks him, "What brings you to my school."
    I owe my great avatar to AvocadoAvenger. A big thanks to him!

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Story Time

And that, kiddies, is why you don't have a single itsy-bitsy thought left in your itsy-bitsy heads! Tempora finished cheerfully, clapping her hands together. I'm feeding off of them!

The Madchild rose from her seat and spread her arms wide, revealing what was under her cloak. A massive starfield dominated the inner folds of her robe, connected to her arms by two pairs of golden rings. As she moved, so did the view, as if moving a telescope as opposed to a constant starfield. All Madchildren were built from a concept, and this was the essence of Tempora: time itself. No one there was aware enough to see, but had anyone been, they would've seen, for a brief instant, all of time and space, it's infinite wonders and horrors laid bare for their eyes. No one would be able to understand it all - but trying too hard could drive one mad.

Her arms seemed to cease where those rings connected to her, and how a creature with no torso or legs to speak of was standing was a complete mystery.

She bore two pairs of horns: one pair stood straight and sharp on her head, while the others curved to the side like a ram's. She had a strange, black... mask-thing on her face that had a pair of glowing purple orbs that served as her eyes. In the center of her forehead was a purple jewel.

All of the children in the room had a blank stare on their faces, glassy eyes staring off into the distance. Their heads lolled back (some had even fallen over) and drool leaked from their mouths.

And if you could hold a thought long enough, you may ask, 'Why, Tempora? Why kill the owner of an orphanage and then eat the thoughts of the children there?' I am Time, kiddies! I love the thoughts of the young. It's so... DELICIOUS.

Now, kiddies. Before we go off to slaughter some weaklings in the name of my master, come give me a hug!

The children's bodies jerked up into a walking position and, like a poor imitation of a zombie, they jerked and shambled their way forward, throwing their arms around the Madchild in a group hug. She smiled fondly and hugged back (somehow), as if she WASN'T eating their identities and moving their bodies like cheap marionettes.

Good boys and girls. Now go kill your families and mark yourself with their- wait, I forgot, you're orphans. She frowned. ... Ok, here's what we'll do: go find someone married, pretend their your family, and then kill them in as macarbe a manner as you can manage.

The children turned and shambled away. Tempora watched in comfort, sensing their mass murder with her psionic powers.

She smiled and savored the taste of minds unbogged by mundanity. She sighed in contentment, as if she had drunk a cup of tea. I do so love getting cattle to do this grunt work.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #262

GnomeWizardGuy

"I am also the leader of a new Parthenon, and I need members to join in on the party. Are you a god in and of yourself, or do you have a master?"

This question was rhetorical, as Fyria knew the answer. Fyria, however, was courious as to what his response would be.
    No to both of your questions for I assume by master you mean a god I serve. I am neither god nor do I serve one. My creator though is Jongo, Master of the Seas. Suddenly the greyle let's out a loud groan and starts to slowly descend. Goblins all across its back scramble to grab their possessions. Chat laughs It's mating season, by the time this one resurfaces it's back will be smooth and we will have to rebuild our huts.
    Last edited by The Bandicoot; 2013-01-22 at 01:33 AM.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

23. - Top - End - #263

EvilClericGuy

Mageloft, a dusty corner
    A great creaking and grinding sound issues from a statue that has sat for years, possibly decades, in the corner of the room. The plaque says it is a statue of the god of machinery, and this is partially true. The thing shakes of the rust and a pattern of sounds issues forth from the depths, gradually coalescing into a voice. “That was sub optimal; I hope I didn’t miss much” Krieerk has returned!
    Last edited by kopout; 2013-01-22 at 02:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToySoldierCPlus View Post
    Now you're attempting to model physics when arguing your case for armor made by a guy who explicitly tells the laws of physics to sit down and shut up whenever he starts tinkering stacking with regular armor. Stop that.
    Miny city!
    Industrial miny city!
    transportation!
    round one, fight!

24. - Top - End - #264

Revelevening

"Alright," Caylee concurred, her will weakened by her drunkenness. "I will stay with you this one night, but I really and truly must be gone first thing on the morrow."
    Spoiler
    Show
    If this happens like I think its going to, this should happen in a time skip. One side note: I haven't gotten around to mentioning it yet, but Telum love, mating, and courtship is very much about dominance. Caylee would stray from that some, but it would probably still be present in the experience.

Bremen

Fabio traveled to Bremen on his family cart to sell crops his family's farm. The town was not too far from where his rural town was located, and it brought in a considerably higher amount of travelers, which was good for business. He was still distressed about his lost love, but traveling was beginning to help him overcome it. As he neared the town he passed what looked like a person or people on the road. He felt suddenly compelled to speak, "Hey!" he called to them. "Is this the way to Bremen?" he asked, although he already knew the answer.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I just thought it looked like you needed someone to post with this person who he is talking too can be anyone, by the way. Also, I introduce Fabio earlier; I'll fill you in enough so that you don't have to read it, but you can if you want to.

The Unsettled Lands: A sorcerer from nothing

There still existed lands assumed to be populated with humans where no one else lives, and they are assumed to be unsettled. Because there is no society, the people there roam freely, sometimes in groups sometimes by themselves. They have little concerns and little worries. They are hunter-gatherers, wandering, living simple lives, mating for love or to reproduce. They have not a care in the world.

Hunter was one such nomad, but he was unhappy. Hunter was average in height and weight, with a touch of green in his hair, and Hunter had some sort of odd power. He spoke strange words with strange effects when he felt emotional, when these strange words came to his mind. He was always emotional and sensitive too, much more so than anyone else he had ever met, so he was often alone. I wish I knew what was wrong with me, he thought, maybe then I would belong. But could I really settle for this kind of pointless off-screen existence?
    Last edited by AvocadoAvenger; 2013-01-23 at 05:29 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

MAGELOFT

"I have plans to create something someday… a railroad… That should provide a more interesting method of transport…"

Fyria wags his tail.

"Also, there is a Parthenon in the west. It needs members."

Fyria hesitates.

"Could a coyote come here, learn the ways of your school?"

BLACKWOOD, DB, USSR

Caylee had become pregnant. Fyria knew that the baby would possess great power.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Orc in the Playground

Mageloft
    Dah laughed, then he spoke, "Why would you ask such a question? All are welcome in Mageloft, as long as they have the aptitude to learn. We only keep out those who have no interest in learning and those who wish to impede the ability for others to learn. The pantheon, however, is of no interest to me. I am not a deity and Fusreoh is away right now on important business."

The Unsettled Lands
    One day when Hunter was off on his own thinking, a voice called out to him, "So are you the notorious 'Hunter' that I've heard of. If so you have a great and wonderful gift, and it would be a shame to let it remain unrefined and wasted." A man wearing a grey robe stood before him.
    Last edited by Markadelf; 2013-01-23 at 05:40 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267

The Unsettled Lands

Hunter was confused and surprised. "Yes, my name is Hunter, but what is the gift that you speak of?" He clearly wasn't comprehending the mage, and felt threatened by the man's abnormality and interest in him. Taking a step backwards, "who exactly might you be?"

Telum

Caylee returned home to scorn from her people and avoidance. She knew about the curse, but did not expect them to shun her like this. We are Mauhir's holy warriors of faith, she thought in annoyance. We are her swords and shields that illuminate the way of our people in the darkness! Somehow she didn't feel like a follower chosen to lead her people. Was my night in Syne a mistake? She didn't know what to believe anymore, and didn't know who to turn to. Somehow she felt as if she deserved the despise of her people for her misstep. We were supposed to be perfect! That's what the Holy Warriors are... Alone on a hill after walking all day, the sun setting, and not a person in sight, Caylee began to cry.

Telum: Daven's return
    Spoiler
    Show
    He can still continue his conversation in the City of Knowledge, I would just like to post this before I forget my plans and advance the plot along.

When Daven returned he faced the same scorn that Caylee did, but he handled it very differently. Before realizing what was going on, he found Caylee. She looked fragile, so he slapped her. Seeing it had little effect, he embraced her comfortingly. That was the kind of warmth you found in Telum. "What's wrong?" he asked soothingly. Although Daven saw her as a colleague, the girl seemed to be enjoying Daven's embrace more than he expected.

"That darned curse..." Daven knew what to do about it though, and he intended to do it. First, he gathered the Holy Warriors, and addressed them. "As you all know, we have been the victims of a vicious curse. We, the very people in charge of leading our people are being shut off from them. We must find our ways back into their lives, whatever the cost. Fear is a powerful sword that can cut deeper than our blades... but once they see us, they will longer fear. Once they see us, there will be no escape. They will not like it at first, but they will have to accept their fate, because it is whats best for them. From this moment onward, every man woman and child in Telum will know their fate and be able to bear our presence again. Every child will be baptized by one of our order, and men will run from us from fright on the battlefield. We need to embrace this so that we can move forward. So go forth! Let them see you; make you!" And so they did, and Mauhir's Holy Warriors of Faith were accepted into Telum society once again.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Orc in the Playground

The Unsettled Lands
    The man said, "I am Brandelf, a wizard. The power I was referring to is the words that you are rumored to speak. Very strange indeed."

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvocadoAvenger View Post
    The Unsettled Lands

Hunter was confused and surprised. "Yes, my name is Hunter, but what is the gift that you speak of?" He clearly wasn't comprehending the mage, and felt threatened by the man's abnormality and interest in him. Taking a step backwards, "who exactly might you be?"

Telum

Caylee returned home to scorn from her people and avoidance. She knew about the curse, but did not expect them to shun her like this. We are Mauhir's holy warriors of faith, she thought in annoyance. We are her swords and shields that illuminate the way of our people in the darkness! Somehow she didn't feel like a follower chosen to lead her people. Was my night in Syne a mistake? She didn't know what to believe anymore, and didn't know who to turn to. Somehow she felt as if she deserved the despise of her people for her misstep. We were supposed to be perfect! That's what the Holy Warriors are... Alone on a hill after walking all day, the sun setting, and not a person in sight, Caylee began to cry.

Telum: Daven's return
    Spoiler
    Show
    He can still continue his conversation in the City of Knowledge, I would just like to post this before I forget my plans and advance the plot along.

When Daven returned he faced the same scorn that Caylee did, but he handled it very differently. Before realizing what was going on, he found Caylee. She looked fragile, so he slapped her. Seeing it had little effect, he embraced her comfortingly. That was the kind of warmth you found in Telum. "What's wrong?" he asked soothingly. Although Daven saw her as a colleague, the girl seemed to be enjoying Daven's embrace more than he expected.

"That darned curse..." Daven knew what to do about it though, and he intended to do it. First, he gathered the Holy Warriors, and addressed them. "As you all know, we have been the victims of a vicious curse. We, the very people in charge of leading our people are being shut off from them. We must find our ways back into their lives, whatever the cost. Fear is a powerful sword that can cut deeper than our blades... but once they see us, they will longer fear. Once they see us, there will be no escape. They will not like it at first, but they will have to accept their fate, because it is whats best for them. From this moment onward, every man woman and child in Telum will know their fate and be able to bear our presence again. Every child will be baptized by one of our order, and men will run from us from fright on the battlefield. We need to embrace this so that we can move forward. So go forth! Let them see you; make you!" And so they did, and Mauhir's Holy Warriors of Faith were accepted into Telum society once again.

SIX MONTHS LATER…

Fyria was missing Caylee. Elections between the various mayors to decide who would be president of the USSR and which former mayors would govern the states had kept him busy, but now the constant debating had his ears ringing. Caylee, now obviously pregnant, was now in front of him again. She carried a female demigod within her womb. It would take a lot after its father.

"Hello, my sweet."

(I am now on a private storyline progression with Caylee. The baby needs to be born sometime…)
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-24 at 05:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Orc in the Playground

Mageloft
    On one floor of Mageloft, a student pulled out his magic in a different and said, "Llab Erif." The resultant effect was a large quantity of fire which hit the wall. The student reported his findings to the headmaster and quickly reproduced the affect. The headmaster quickly figured out this art, and realized that magic could be handled in similar manners to produce ice, wind, rock or almost anything! Then, on another floor, a very studious mage drew a circle on the floor. He eyed the circle for a couple moments, making sure that he hadn't made any errors. Then he placed a slab of lead onto the floor in front of him. He placed his hands on the circle and focused. Immediately a light came out of the circle. After a couple of seconds it died down, but the lead had changed. The mage had changed the lead into gold! he immediately took his findings to the Headmaster.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Starting Ap 10
    +4 Rollover
    -3 Infusion: Mageloft (The monument)
    -3 Raise Leader: Headmaster Dah
    -4 Create fabled concept: Evocation magic: Evocation magic is the art of processing energy from the Plane of Arcana. This can be done in multiple ways depending on the style developed by the mage. It takes usually takes years of practice in order to successfully develop your style fully. Learning additional styles is very difficult, because most mages simply cannot handle more than one type of Evocation magic going through their systems.
    -4 Fabled concept: Transmutation: Transmutation magic uses a drawn circle to take immense amounts of energy from the Plane of Arcana and use it to change one object, into another object of about the same size. If someone draws the circle even slightly wrong, the effects are very unstable and will probably blow up in your face.
    Ending Ap 0