New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 28 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

It's a beautiful day in Rustburo city. Wind blowing and sun shining, Rustboro looks like the picture of a flourishing small city. People wander around doing their normal Tuesday morning buisness, and many head to work dressed in everything from suits to coveralls. Towering over the Northern half of town, one building appears as a larger than life mansion. This is your destination, this is Devon Headquarters

Spoiler
    Show
    A Link to the OOC.

You have one hour before our interview starts. It will take most of you fifteen minutes to get there. You are to present your invitation to the receptionist.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-09-30 at 08:53 AM.
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Prologue to Disaster (PTA) IC

Abe had no one to say goodbye to before he left. He gathered his things and quickly, quietly exited the circus's temporary grounds. A new life awaited, and he was eager to get there.

-------

Abe is overwhelmed by the city. The constant noises would take some getting used to, for sure. Out of fear of getting lost, and with no idea what to do around Rustboro anyway, Abe heads straight for Devon Headquarters. When he gets to the front door, he stops and sighs. "Here goes nothing."

Upon reaching the receptionist, Abe clears his throat to get her attention. "Hi. Abe Crane, I'm here for an interview."
    Beta pandas are so lame.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Leon just now woke up in the room he stayed at in the pokecenter overnight. His flight had gotten in at 2 in the morning, and he had been exhausted. When he overslept through his alarm clock, Nicolai very dutifully zapped him to remind him that he didn't want to oversleep today.

After rising from bed and putting on his spelunking leathers (minus the gear he'd had to leave in Unova), he heads out to stop by the gym before his meeting. He'd like to do a quick reconassaince beforehand to learn what kind of gym leader was in Slateport. He hadn't really paid much attention before. He thinks he remembers something about steel, or ice. Maybe ground? Something hard, anyways. Still, whatever they ran here, they'd likely know of local 'mons in the area.

Either way, Mauville was one stop he'd definitely want to take while here in Hoenn. Wattson the gym leader there was said to be an electric master of great skill, as well as the city hosting the New Mauville power plant. He'd heard that it was a hotspot for electric pokemon to hang out at.

All of this, of course, would be immaterial if he were late. He had to make sure to be in the Devon Building on time.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Drake looks around at the city it seems pretty nice though a plain to him. Since he had time to spare he decided to look around town before going to the Devon Headquarters

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As the young breeder entered town, she made sure to try and keep a hat and sunglasses on. The last thing she wanted was to be late because somebody recognized her and distracted her with questions, request to teach their pokemon, or complaints about how she couldn't give just flat out battle tips.

Amber glanced at her pokegear to see the time and sighed. She wanted to hurry up so that she'd be able to look for her eevee, but at the same time with an interview at a set time her rush would most likely not matter. Nonetheless, if they weren't busy perhaps she would be fine. With that in mind, she moved to the Devon corporation and got in line behind the man already there with her invitation ready and in her hand.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

"So, here's the place."

Ken Richmond looked up at the gate, staring at Devon Headquarters. The Aron at his side also looked up, nudging Ken's leg with confidence. Idly, the martial artist reached down without bending, scritching the Aron's head.

"Chop?"

Ken nudged the machop's arm. "Don't be so worried, Kleid. A little optimism will go a long way - it'll work out this time."

That didn't seem to directly soothe the machop, but he did remain silent, so Ken let it go. "Here - we've got an hour to kill. Let's walk around town for a half hour or so - take a look around."

"Aron?"

"Are you ever not thinking about food?" Ken smiled. "I've got some extra metals for you this time, Viktor. Once we're done walking around, though."

That temporarily sated the aron, as the trio walked about for a bit. Expectantly, Kleid wanted back in his ball after a little bit of walking, to which Ken complied - that machop definitely loved his luxury ball.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

This is the day. Jonathan waited so long for this very moment, only an hour until the job interview he always dreamt of.
    He cannot fail, not with the amount of training and preparations he did. Sure, he isn't really good with people but his abilities just have to convince them that he's the right person for such a job.

He goes straight to the Devon Headquarters, arriving early never hurts, and goes directly to the reception where two other persons are already waiting, one talking with the receptionist.
    "Uh, hello?"

"And the Raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
    On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "The Raven"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Abe
    The receptionist looks up at you after finishing with a phone call with a client. She looks up at you smiling. Welcome to Devon Corporation, may I see your invitation?

Amber and Jonothan
    When the receptionist finishes with the person in front of you, she smiles and asks, "You're here for the interview correct? Do you have your invitation?

Leon
    You make your way through town, and find the gym without much difficulty. You were greeted by a sign proclaiming, "Gneiss, the Mountain of Rustboro" The door to the gym enters onto the second floor balcony. There are about thirty trainers milling around talking with each other, but a single pair battles in one of many small arenas encased by walls, visible only from the balcony. The pokemon they were using looked like boulders with arms and legs, and the din from pokemon colliding sounded like thunderclaps.

Ken and Drake
    You wander around town for awhile, seeing the sights and sounds, and eventually you end up in a park towards the center of town. Hobby joggers and cyclists made their way through, and some small families played in the playground, laughing hysterically.

On the other side of the park, you see somebody that doesn't quite seem to fit. Drake is seeing a very small adult with a small pokemon by his side, while Ken is looking at somebody with a very odd sense of fashion.

Spoiler
    Show
    You two can either talk with each other, ignore each other, or do something else
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-01 at 12:37 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #9
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, yeah, ROCKS. That's the type here. Volta should have an easy time if I decide to challenge. Leon thought upon seeing the rocks. He'll scan one if he can.

After pausing for a moment, he'll head over to the nearest trainer and say, "Howdy there. I'm new in town, just flew in for a job interview. What's the pokemon battling like in this part of the world?"
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

The trainer, who appeared to be a student at the trainer school in town,As in league battles? Well I'm not sure how much different it is from the rest of the world. Just agree how many pokemon you'll be using, set any rules on burrowing, flying, swimming and the like. Then you battle like in any other place. Gym battles are usually either three or six pokemon, but individual leaders may have their own rules. Where are you from?

Your pokedex flashes, identifying the pokemon as Graveler.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

"Just flew in from Unova. It sounds similar to what I heard about Mistralton's rules, but I haven't been doing much official battling. I spent most of my time out exploring Chargestone Cave and the surrounding areas and learning about the pokemon in that area. Mind having a friendly no-wager battle with me to help me see if I get the concept?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Abe fishes around in his pockets until he finds the piece of paper the man had given him at the circus. "Here you go." He fidgets with his sunglasses a bit.
    Beta pandas are so lame.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

"Yeah, I'm also here because..." Jonathan takes a piece of crumbled paper out of his pocket, nearly dropping it. "I mean, yes, here it is." He nervously hands over the paper.

14. - Top - End - #14

RedWizardGuy

Drake sees the man and Pokemon and walks by and scans the Pokemon by the man's side "Nice Pokemon you got there.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon
    Sure. For a casual match, we won't need to use the cages. One pokemon each with no flight or burrowing sound fair? He makes his way down to the lower practice courts, and releases a small pokemon that looked like a tree.

Abe and Jonathan
    The woman reads the invitation carefully before looking up at you. Thank you for coming. Until 9:00 would you please wait in our lounge? She walks you to a room off of the main lobby. There are many plush chairs, a grand piano in the corner, and a few other people sitting by themselves.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-01 at 12:39 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Pixie in the Playground

Flumph

Abe nods and follows the woman to the lounge. He sits down in a seat that isn't next to anyone already there. He pulls out his two poke balls and stares quietly at them. Whatever happens, we're never going back. This is our life now, for better or worse.

Unless disturbed, Abe will spend the time waiting in silence, lost in thought.
    Beta pandas are so lame.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Ken stepped away from the direct path as several cyclists zipped by. "Everyone seems to be having a great time." He commented to Viktor idly.

"Aron?"

"Huh? We'll eat when - oh. Ha. Sorry Viktor, you absolutely cannot eat someone's bicycle."

"Aron." Came the dejected response. Ken smiled, scritching his Aron's metallic form behind the neck again - when he was spoken to. He looked up - that guy stood out a bit given his attire, but if there was anyone in the world who wouldn't judge based on looks, it was the adult who stood at a towering 4'6. He raised the brim of his cap as he looked up at Drake.

"Thanks! Now, if only he'd get his mind off food for just a few moments."

"Aron?" Aron nudged his trainer, who glanced at his pokemon. He recognized /that/ look.

"I don't think we have enough time for a battle, Viktor - we have to be at Devon in what, fifteen minutes?"

He then looked back up to the trainer. "Sorry about that - are you from around here? I'm new to town myself - any sights you'd suggest seeing while I'm here?"

He was nudged by his Aron. "Oh, and my name's Ken." A second nudge. "Mr. pushy here is Viktor."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leon
    Sure. For a casual match, we won't need to use the cages. One pokemon each with no flight or burrowing sound fair? He makes his way down to the lower practice courts, and releases a small pokemon that looked like a tree.
    "Sure, sounds good."

Leon will scan that and bring out Nicolai.

If Nicolai will begin his turn by using thunder wave.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Orc in the Playground

Jonathan sits down and takes out his Porygon. "It's finally time Delta, today is the day our fate will be decided. Could you stay in my Mech Arm for the duration of the interview? Having you around kind gives me some courage."

Delta makes some sounds comparable to those of a modem dial-up before vanishing in the mech arm.

And now, I wait. Come on Jonathan, remain calm. There is no way they won't take me.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

With a nod, Amber, still in her hat and sunglasses despite being inside, hands her invitation to the receptionist. She had taken good care of it and it was in near perfect shape.

21. - Top - End - #21

RedWizardGuy

"Hello Ken and Viktor my name is Drake. I am in a near same situation this is my first time being in this region. I also have business to attend to at Devon's. So why not travel together to the mansion. Drake set off to the manor but before he did he turned around. "Since we have no time let us have a battle when we are less busy. Then Drake set off to the Devon Headquarters
    Last edited by Asdfth; 2012-10-01 at 02:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Huh, so he was also on his way to Devon? Well, Ken knew they were hiring - and Devon was very popular indeed.

"Works for me - it's always pleasant to have company. Come on, Viktor."

The two also started walking towards the corporation - they'd get there a little early, but hey. "I'll be sure to take you up on that offer, Drake. I've still got a lot to learn about battling."

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Drake and Ken
    You reach Devon without incident, and the receptionist smiles at the two of you. Are you here for the interview? If so, may I please see your invitation?

Amber
    Thank you, if you'd please wait in the lounge until it's time. She leads you to the same lounge as the others.

Leon
    Status effects ... I hate them. Fight through it, remember our training!

The little brown pokemon runs forwards, obviously struggling with the electricity that was coursing through its body, and slams into the little Tynamo.

Spoiler
    Show
    paralysis roll (1d20)[13] need 6+. If so, low kick (1d20)[17] (1d10+10)[17] fighting damage, your def isn't calculated into this
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2012-10-01 at 03:19 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24

RedWizardGuy

Drake reaches in his pocket and pulls out the innovation. "Here you go.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

"Nicolai, let's add a spark of excitement to this battle."

Nicolai uses spark.

Spoiler
    Show
    ac 2, paralyzes on 15-20 - (d20)[14]
    physical electric - (3d8+25)[43]
    Last edited by planswalker; 2012-10-01 at 03:27 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Following the receptionist, Amber arrives at the lounge and sees quite a few others. She looks over the interesting assortment of people and tilts her head seeing the boy with the mech arm. "Oh, I didn't realize there would be so much competition for the job." She says a bit surprised. "Hey there." She says politely before moving to sit near the two boys that looked about her age.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

"Uh... Hi. Yeah, lot's of competition."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Leon
    The little pokemon falls with a cry, knocked out. Right afterwards, you pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Bonsly. The student returns the pokemon, and walks up to you. That was a really good battle, you're probably ready for your first gym.

Drake and Ken
    The receptionist looks over Drakes invitation, and Kens when she recieves it, then leads you both to the lounge area.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

"Absolutely."

Ken took a thin folder out of his backpack, and removed his still-crisp invitation, handing it over. He paused for a moment, noting the recipe still in the folder - which he showed to Aron. "Remember trying to cook that?"

"Aron!"

"Heh, I'm excited to try it again too." Which was in no way what the Aron had meant or said, but hey.

He glanced about the lounge for a moment. "Good morning!" He said, to nobody in particular. He sat down shortly thereafter, holding out a fist-sized chunk of steel to Viktor before the Aron had a chance to say anything. Which was absolutely fine with Viktor - who sat munching happily.
    Last edited by Kantolin; 2012-10-01 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Color!

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Leon
    The little pokemon falls with a cry, knocked out. Right afterwards, you pokedex identifies the pokemon as a Bonsly. The student returns the pokemon, and walks up to you. That was a really good battle, you're probably ready for your first gym.
    "Thank you, I'll have to try for the gym challenge after my invterview." Leon checks the time very quickly. "Speaking of which, I need to be heading out to that interview right now. See you around."

Leon heads to the Devon Building.