New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Heart of the Dragon IC

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post

Vulcan took off her jacket, tore it, and tossed it through.
    There don't seem to be any security cameras or peepholes, though walking through the Ban will open a broader line of sight past the crates, so there could be someone there that isn't visible at the moment due to the blocking ward.

At any rate the clothing strips do fly through just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    "Enjoy!" he calls over his shoulder, slowly coordinating his direction with emotive clues from Neon and what he remembers of the doorway Vulcan and Mara took.
    The spirit seems surprised as it takes the essence. A Thief, generous with stolen goods. I do not understand, but would have more. I...may have been too hasty with you, thief. If you could but speak the way, I would be happy to be generous with you in turn.

Flouresce also notices, near the edge of the warehouse complex, a lot of the motes seem to be gathered, and its very dark over there in the shadow. Unnaturally dark.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

2. - Top - End - #122
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    There don't seem to be any security cameras or peepholes, though walking through the Ban will open a broader line of sight past the crates, so there could be someone there that isn't visible at the moment due to the blocking ward.

At any rate the clothing strips do fly through just fine.
    Vulcan trusted in her hearing that there wasn't anyone waiting on the other side. She used Matter to repair the clothing before she stepped through the Ban, and as soon as she did she began dressing again.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Titan in the Playground

Vulcan trusted in her hearing that there wasn't anyone waiting on the other side. She used Matter to repair the clothing before she stepped through the Ban, and as soon as she did she began dressing again.
    On the other side of the ban and the crates, the warehouse is...empty. Completely and totally empty. Cavernous even. The only thing that's visible there is some kind of sigils drawn into the floor in a very large circle, but they don't light up to either of Vulcan's matter or death sight.

Mara might get something with prime or one of her sights if she follows, though she'll also need to get her clothes through somehow.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2013-01-13 at 10:39 PM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”

4. - Top - End - #124

Hmm. Ritual chamber.

Vulcan started slowly limping around, looking for mundane signifiers - hair, skin, blood, footprints; a top-to-bottom search for clues of any kind. She was confident she'd find something - Mages were often so focused on magic that they failed to acknowledge mundane mistakes.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Ritual chamber.

Vulcan started slowly limping around, looking for mundane signifiers - hair, skin, blood, footprints; a top-to-bottom search for clues of any kind. She was confident she'd find something - Mages were often so focused on magic that they failed to acknowledge mundane mistakes.
    Vulcan finds: hints of gunpowder, motor oil, some flaked off human skin, a very tiny piece of thin copper wire, and a very small ripped bit of paper that has either a 6 or a 9 on it.

edit: of note, the piece of paper is right on the edge of the runes and the rip is along them.
    Last edited by Anarion; 2013-01-14 at 12:06 AM.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

[Also, SiuiS, could you tell me where, exactly Flouresce is standing right now? Is he outside the compound shouting at the spirit from a distance, has he moved into the compound in the shadow, if he right next to the spirit in front of the warehouse?"]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

"I can't guess the reason for the zone of nudity, but I don't intend to deal with it for longer than I have to," said Vulcan, checking everywhere for cameras, peepholes, or people. "I am going to tear my clothes up so that they no longer count as clothing and repair them on the other side. It is your choice if you want to do the same. I know you're a Mastigos and you people wont shut up about how physical things are illusions and freedom from bonds and so forth,"

Vulcan took off her jacket, tore it, and tossed it through.
    "For a given value of freedom, maybe..." Something in Mara's tone belied her cheerful expression. "I can't believe I'm going to do this. You can fix these, right?"

Tossing off her clothes, Mara began tearing them as quickly as she could, and then stepped through the wards. She hugged herself for some semblance of modesty as she gathered the strips back up and waved down Vulcan. "Hey! I'm through! Little help, please?"
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

[This is out of order, but I'm going to bed now, so I'm just going to post info. I'm not skipping Vulcan fixing the clothes though, keep RPing that.]

When Mara takes a look at the magic circle, it lights up with a combination space/fate effect. It's, well it's a customized effect actually. It's perfecting fate and weaving space mixed together somehow.

[Mara can roll space sight at no penalty to figure out the space part, or prime-3 to get the full effect.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

9. - Top - End - #129

Vulcan carefully placed each of the discovered items in a plastic forensics bag with tweezers. Useful scrying focuses for later.

"Shush, I'm working," said Vulcan, avoiding smirking. "I'll be with you in a minute."

She held up the torn piece of paper and cast Repair Object on it. Could be interesting information on the full thing.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Banned

[Also, SiuiS, could you tell me where, exactly Flouresce is standing right now? Is he outside the compound shouting at the spirit from a distance, has he moved into the compound in the shadow, if he right next to the spirit in front of the warehouse?"]
    ((Fluoresce has moved into the compound I believe. I assumed the spirit was at the southernmost end of the warehouses, so he has only been in the compound for a bit, but he's definitely within bounds. C'est la vie.

Additionally, NNR has been in Twilight near the guard. Depending on said guard's hostility NNR may have decided to be diplomatic and wait within the guard's sphere of. Influence rather than provoke an attack.))

"I am not a thief." He says simply. "It has been long since I've come here, and I cannot speak the way for it may have changed. What could I say? That I am here for knowledge, to destroy those who follow the Lie? Unfortunate circumstances."

The unnatural dark takes him by surprise.

"Ah, I fear, guardian, I am needed elsewhere. When your guard captain next returns, tell them Flouresce came by through shadow, and came peacefully."

Okay. Darkness, accumulation, local. Flouresce fixes in on it, trying to see if it registers as awakened magic or similar. "Neon, we may need to make a hasty exit. Grab Mara and Vulcan. Guardian! My friend is going to enter the warehouse and bring out those who passed you. Please let him by, so we can help you."

-----

Danger is a thing It understands. And it Likes the dancer and even the forgegod. Trusting the guard to remain quiescent before It's majesty, It moves through the warded space. Humans with the gift cannot understand It. There is only the vulgar yet fortunate shared language.

Flying in, noting with idle curiosity that Mara and Vulcan have exchanged dress states, Nights-Neon-Rhythm uses Its spirit tongue and gossamer touch, draping across Mara like a Chinese pinup background and spitting out an electronic, hissing static which sharpens to music like a radio tuning.

((How is this not remixed with lyrics? Internet I am disappoint))

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Vulcan carefully placed each of the discovered items in a plastic forensics bag with tweezers. Useful scrying focuses for later.

"Shush, I'm working," said Vulcan, avoiding smirking. "I'll be with you in a minute."

She held up the torn piece of paper and cast Repair Object on it. Could be interesting information on the full thing.
    There's not enough paper left to reform the full sheet of paper, which may have been quite a bit larger than this scrap. Still, enough reforms that you can make out the following number

The 6 at the end is the corner that Vulcan had originally.

"Ah, I fear, guardian, I am needed elsewhere. When your guard captain next returns, tell them Flouresce came by through shadow, and came peacefully."

Okay. Darkness, accumulation, local. Flouresce fixes in on it, trying to see if it registers as awakened magic or similar. "Neon, we may need to make a hasty exit. Grab Mara and Vulcan. Guardian! My friend is going to enter the warehouse and bring out those who passed you. Please let him by, so we can help you."

-----

Danger is a thing It understands. And it Likes the dancer and even the forgegod. Trusting the guard to remain quiescent before It's majesty, It moves through the warded space. Humans with the gift cannot understand It. There is only the vulgar yet fortunate shared language.

Flying in, noting with idle curiosity that Mara and Vulcan have exchanged dress states, Nights-Neon-Rhythm uses Its spirit tongue and gossamer touch, draping across Mara like a Chinese pinup background and spitting out an electronic, hissing static which sharpens to music like a radio tuning.
    The guard turns its morose eyes upon the approaching darkness. You should flee, thief it says sadly.

However, as Flouresce flies over towards the darkness, he sees a very large spirit in the center of it. It's about 30 feet tall. It has legs, arms and a body that resembles human flesh, but where its head should be is a huge orb of human flesh formed into at least 100 different mouths, each opened in a silent scream.

Flouresce notices several of the duty motes that he had chased off before hovering near the edge of the area of special darkness.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

"Seriously Vulcan, it'll take you like three seconds!" Mara had known this was a dumb idea when she'd started, but then again, it wouldn't be the first time she was naked in public. It would be the first time naked in an enemy base mid-burglary though.

Just as she was about to resume complaining, Neon began to wrap around her, and Mara nearly jumped out of her skin at the odd prickling sensation, until the music started, when she let out a nervous little laugh. "Oh! Neon, you scared me to death..."

She went to give the spirit dragon a stroke as best she could, until a new thought occurred. "Wait. Flo had better not be watching right now! ...unless something's wrong... ****! Vulcan! Time is a factor!"

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.

Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

"You complain that it'll only take three seconds, then yell time is a factor. Look at this damn ritual circle and tell me what's up," said Vulcan, pocketing the paper and starting to limp towards the barrier again.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Banned

"Oh, good. Nightmares. Those have been missing lately." He calls back to the monolithic guard, "Is this a friend of yours? Are you in danger?"

Still, waiting for a response, that's almost five seconds longer than Flouresce is willing to wait. Without a word, not even poorly rhymed High Speech, he constructs an imago in his mind – a formal ink painting rendered in graffiti, bordered by notes of the image, ever shifting in his mind's eye until they return with specifics. He casts.

Spoiler
    Show
    variant of analyze spirit.
    It's a rank two knowing spell, functions like Magesight – every spirit I examine for the scene reveals details, like a scouter from DBZ. I feel like this should be less immediately awesome though, so I'm going with "I don't know the more efficient mysterious rote" and making it a single-target instant transistory spell, possibly resisted. Single success Tells me the Spirits rank and most powerful influence (though not why that power is), additional successes get more specific as towards it's specific attributes, other influences and numina, etc.

I will be using a point of willpower for this, giving me a dice pool of 9.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2013-01-15 at 04:05 AM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh, good. Nightmares. Those have been missing lately." He calls back to the monolithic guard, "Is this a friend of yours? Are you in danger?"

Still, waiting for a response, that's almost five seconds longer than Flouresce is willing to wait. Without a word, not even poorly rhymed High Speech, he constructs an imago in his mind – a formal ink painting rendered in graffiti, bordered by notes of the image, ever shifting in his mind's eye until they return with specifics. He casts.

Spoiler
    Show
    variant of analyze spirit.
    It's a rank two knowing spell, functions like Magesight – every spirit I examine for the scene reveals details, like a scouter from DBZ. I feel like this should be less immediately awesome though, so I'm going with "I don't know the more efficient mysterious rote" and making it a single-target instant transistory spell, possibly resisted. Single success Tells me the Spirits rank and most powerful influence (though not why that power is), additional successes get more specific as towards it's specific attributes, other influences and numina, etc.

I will be using a point of willpower for this, giving me a dice pool of 9.
    [That's an absurdly good spirit spell that they wrote in The Mysterium. But it fits with unveiling well enough, so roll away.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

16. - Top - End - #136
    Banned

[That's an absurdly good spirit spell that they wrote in The Mysterium. But it fits with unveiling well enough, so roll away.]
    [I think it's a bit too good. I think having it be contested, either active (dice roll) or more likely passive (minus spirit's resistance) would make it less... Less a win button, I suppose. Hence the willpower expenditure. Should I roll flat or would you like I have it resisted?]

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

"You complain that it'll only take three seconds, then yell time is a factor. Look at this damn ritual circle and tell me what's up," said Vulcan, pocketing the paper and starting to limp towards the barrier again.
    "Yes, and that was before Neon came along to tell me that something's hit the fan... Just please fix my clothes while I look at this thing." Still naked, Mara moved into a better position for analyzing the ritual space, making sure to give it a as thorough a going-over with Prime and her other Arcana as possible while still trying to gear up to get away in a hurry.

Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138

Enh. Games could wait. Vulcan limped over and fixed Mara's clothing.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

[DD, you need to roll dice here, the effect is customized.]

[Mara can roll space sight at no penalty to figure out the space part, or prime-3 to get the full effect.]
    The guard looks at Flouresce and says I am in no danger. The Twilight is safe enough, kind thief.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

20. - Top - End - #140
    Banned

"The Twilight is safe enough".

"제기랄!"

Okay, so this thing isn't obviously from awakened tampering. That means something creepy has decided to wander into this neck of the shadow. A thing of gnashing teeth and fear.

At least Mara and Vulcan aren't in quite as much danger as he thought.

Flouresce pulls up a numinous shield, just in case, and continues to watch the... Thing.

MP: 3/11
    Armor 4 v/ spirit powers

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

Flouresce pulls up a numinous shield, just in case, and continues to watch the... Thing.
    It looks around at the edge of the compound and appears to start hunting. Several of the duty wisps fan out, and one lands itself right in front of Floursesce and the guard and then flies upwards and begins to pulse brightly, at which point the fear spirit, spitting out darkness the whole time, begins heading directly for Flouresce. Based on its current rate, he figures it will get to him in about half a minute.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

22. - Top - End - #142
    Troll in the Playground

"Thank you," Mara breathed as she watched Vulcan repair her things.

[Just realized that I don't know if I need to roll magic or mundane here. Is this Gnosis + Something, or some sort of Investigation/Occult roll?]
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2013-01-16 at 11:52 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    "Thank you," Mara breathed as she watched Vulcan repair her things.

[Just realized that I don't know if I need to roll magic or mundane here. Is this Gnosis + Something, or some sort of Investigation/Occult roll?]
    [You would roll your dice pool for space sight and your dice pool-3 for prime sight. I'm not looking at your character sheet at the moment, so it's either a rote or gnosis+arcana.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

[Ok, Space would give me 4 dice, and Prime is a chance die even if you count the glasses rating of Prime 1 as my effective Arcanum dots there:

Space:
    (4d10)[1][1][10][7](19)

Prime:
    (1d10)[1](1)

EDIT: Mmm, juicy critical fail. Also, the ten again wasn't a success.
    ]
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2013-01-17 at 01:23 AM.

Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Banned

Self deprecating chuckle, tilted back head, closed eyes. Of course.
    There are Guards, and Wards, and Enforcers. The entire compound could even be the seat of a full Court, and he walked right into it.

Best not to let Vulcan know that one.

Especially because he had the forethought to guard against numina an then stood in plain sight while an alarm walked up? Interesting protocol, that. He would think back, later. Take notes. In the meantime, a dangerous shadow beast stalks the warehouses and an alarm dangles above his head like gothic mistletoe calling for a twenty-mouth fanged kiss. He needs options.

Snuff the mote? Possible. No essence loss, it will reform later. Might agitate his new acquaintance and doesn't guarantee invisibility. Run? Creature is in shadow, but there are no Supernal triggers. Nothing he himself did calle the thing, odds high it can reach through the gauntlet if not fully manifest, exposes friends to safer, Vulcan also. Cat and mouse then? Hide in warehouse, bait creature, look for clues.
    Will have to work.

Flouresce begins to skirt sideways at a clip, angling to put sections of the compound buildings between him and the hell critter, and chanting in rhythm to half-gallop he produces. The motes scattered in a ring burst, and so setting his sights square on the spirit opposite the one which began to sound the alarm, the Shaman forces it to trigger is cries.

Spoiler
    Show
    Improvised Spirit Ruling spell (command spirit) to trigger te same alarm in a distant mote at sensory range. Any mote on the other side of the hell critter is fine. Listed as instant and contested; your call of opposed rolls or Resistance as penalty to mine. High speech, and if it is resisted instead of opposed, willpower (on the basis that I would know what the general effect would be and coil accommodate; character knows more than player).

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

Mara can tell that the space aspect of the circle is teleportation. However, staring at the circle causes her prime glasses to fog over with a mist that won't seem to wipe off. She'll probably need to spend some mana to clean them properly.

[for Flouresce, I think a control spell is a good spot to keep contested rolls. This is a normal casting of control spirit, exactly as written, I think. The spirit got no successes, so full dice pool for you.]
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

27. - Top - End - #147
    Banned

((9 dice, 1 success))

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

((9 dice, 1 success))
    Another small wisp flies off to a corner of the complex, over near the barracks, and begins flashing and flaring. The many-mouthed spirit stops and looks between the two spirits, turning left and right, appearing uncertain. It seems that it has not seen Flouresce himself, if it even can see with its insane distortion in place of a face.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quotes

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

Mara swore and took off the glasses while she changed back into her clothes at breakneck speed.

"Ok, it looks like the circle does some sort of teleportation. Maybe it leads to where they keep the good stuff? I couldn't get the rest of the spell though, something screwed up the Prime sight lenses." She tucked her glasses into a pocket until she had time to get a better look - persistent mist was an interesting effect, if irritating.

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Banned

Cat and mouse then.

Flouresce makes for one of the buildings, angling hopefully to get into the shadowform of whatever warehouse the girls were in. He chants words of fealty, liegeship and command as he goes, quietly as he can, and thrusts out his will to set off another alarm spirit, perpendicular to the beast and behind the first triggered alarm from his current perspective.

((command spirit, 1 success))