New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Custom Werewolf III: In Need of Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    Gray Mage, more info about your role would be appreciated. What's your passive, and has it come into effect this game?]
    Very well. I'm the Escape Artist, my ability is that I can't be lynched, ever.

Ignotus Peverell avatar made by the great Bradakhan.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Dwarf in the Playground

That would be an easy enough power to test, if it weren't for the point that we all now stand . . . but if you are telling the truth then the wolves deserve this win, as the powers of the other guys kind of check out, that doesn't really flow into them being good, but it helps them.
    so . . . Gray Mage for the vote.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

3. - Top - End - #273
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Mage View Post
    Very well. I'm the Escape Artist, my ability is that I can't be lynched, ever.
    How very... convenient for you. I especially like how you revealed this now like some sort of trump card. And being an escape artist gives you a kill item too?

I'm still wary of Penguinator (missing PMs?) but really, given the choice between the two of you I think you are most likely to be the wolf here.

And if not? As &we says, gg wolves, you played well inb4 &we is the wolf and played us all for chumps. :P
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I'm still wary of Penguinator (missing PMs?) but really, given the choice between the two of you I think you are most likely to be the wolf here.
    Try sending me three PMs. I'll wait.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Try sending me three PMs. I'll wait.
    I got 2 through!
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

I got 2 through!
    Which is why I specified three. This last couple weeks in particular have been busy for my box, as I recruited a couple of new players for my Fire Emblem game.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

playing people for chumps only really works out in Dethy, it gives us aneurysms to do such a thing, have to plan every thing out step by step, bleh.
    We love plural first person personal pronouns.
    Rejoice in the bosom of white text our child.
    Avatar by Gnomish Wanderer! (::) invisible cookies (::)

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Day 8

The Gray Mage sat passively watching day in, and day out, as the village tore itself apart looking for the corruption within. It was a tide of neverending death, and he felt nothing.

Passion had long ago fled from him, leaving him apathetic to what was happening. He began to think back, to remember a time when he cared enough to do something. He remembered a time when he'd been a pony. Wait, that can't be right, can it? He was a pegasus who rescued a filly as she'd fallen from a tall tower.

Gray Mage shook his head, feeling very confused. The confusion grew when he blinked and saw before him the villagers, all of them staring back at him.

What are you doing? one of them demanded. Why haven't you been helping us?

Gray Mage shrugged sheepishly. Sorry. I....

Sorry? Oh you'll be sorry all right. We've decided you're next.

The crowd grabbed at the passive thinker, intending to haul him to the center of town. But no matter what they did, he slipped free. He wasn't even trying.

Listen, you're wasting your time. Another attempt, another failure to grab him. I simply can't be lynched. At this challenge, they threw a rope around his neck, ensured that it was tight, then yanked hard. The attempt to drag him to his death failed, as somehow the noose slipped right off. See? Now be smart and.... Gray Mage shakes his head sadly at another attempt. go find a real villain.

Finally the villagers gave up. Kinda. Every once in a while, one would try to pull a "fast one". All attempts failed until Gray Mage finally went home for the night.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gray Mage didn't die. Surprise surprise.

Missed One Day
    Zjoot

Players List
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Roles PM'd?|Died|Game Role
    03|Diego Havoc|
    ||
    10|Gray Mage|
    ||
    12|Penguinator|
    ||
    06|UsOurselves&We|
    ||
    07|Zjoot|
    ||Grand Wolfking Zjoot
    16|TBFProgrammer|
    |Night 7|Impeccable Gentleman
    15|Reinholdt|
    |Day 7|Hexxus
    14|Super Dark33|
    |Day 7|Ent
    13|Zar Peter|
    |Night 6|Twin 1
    12|Bunny of Faith|
    |Day 6|Etymological Assassin
    11|DukeGod|
    |Night 5|Gambler/Team of Thirds
    10|Count Dingdong|
    |Day 5|Master Planner/Team of Thirds
    09|thePhantom|
    |Day 4|Mason/Princess
    08|Tom the Mime|
    |Night 3|Princess Luna
    07|Internet Flea|
    |Night 3|Scruffy Sentinel
    06|Szilard|
    |Day 3|System Administrator
    05|Planswalker|
    |Night 2|Seelie Agent
    04|Bladescape|
    |Day 2- RL|Replaced by Bunny of Faith
    03|Matthias2207|
    |Day 2|Loki/Team of Thirds
    02|Istari|
    |Night 1|Phantom/Prince
    01|Eternis|
    |Day 1|Bubble Dragon
    [/table]

*RL= Requested Lynch

AL- Replacements
    1} EatAtEmrakuls
    2} Eternis
    3} Istari
    4} Planswalker

Night 8 Begins
    It will last 48 hours.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

9. - Top - End - #279
    Troll in the Playground

Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

10. - Top - End - #280
    Troll in the Playground

Night 8

Gray Mage was very tired after such a horrid day. And now that the secret was out of his near-invincibility, he was sure that they'd come for him during the night. With his blanket pulled up to just below his nose, he watched and waited. But nothing and no one came for him.

The Gambler, on the other hand, should have been watching his back. He'd outed himself a while ago, and now his ability to do more damage than others painted a big target on him. He rolled the dice one last time before going to bed, and wasn't disappointed in what he saw. Luck would be on his side the next day.

Too bad it said nothing of his night. The door to Diego Havoc's cabin slammed open, and lightning struck behind the intruder. The gave a momentary silhouette of a fanatical pony, and then all was dark again. At the sound of charging hooves, Diego Havoc rolled out of bed just in time as the crazed pony leapt onto his bed, intending to stomp the life out of him.

He dashed away, intending to escape out a side door. But as he tried to unlatch the lock, he could hear the creature coming to get him. His nerves failed him, and no matter how simple the lock should have been, he couldn't open the door fast enough. You, you, you, you!! The mad pony cried out, over and over until she was sure the Gambler's life was stomped out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day, there was only four left. The Escape Artist was sure he had nothing to fear today either. But he was too tired from a lack of sleep to think straight.

He looked over to one of the other surviving villagers, and rubbed his eyes. He smiled to himself, sure now that he had nothing to fear. Before him stood a set of triplets, and surely they'd all vote together. He looked to the other two, and they just grinned back at him. Something about their smiles sent shivers up and down his spine. It was so obvious, why hadn't they seen it before?

The "triplets" frowned at Gray Mage, wondering why he was smiling so. In unison, they looked at the grinning pair, and their knees gave way. They'd lost.

The first, who'd claimed to have a boosting ability the day before, shifted from his human form into that of a Frog, his evil tongue flicking violently toward the "triplets". You smell sooo.... and then he shifted once more into a bright pink pony, with candy apple green hair, and violently crazy eyes. good!

In unison, the "triplets" turned and ran. Gray Mage was quite amazed at how well they were synchronized. If it'd been an Olympic event, he was sure they'd win. And where did the three ponies come from? He wondered to himself.

The Pengui the Pony chased UsOurselves&We out of the village, and soon the crunchy splatty sounds of death was heard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With a gulp, Gray Mage looked back toward the last person in the village, other than himself. Where once had been a man, stood the leader of the villains, Zjoot. The Grand Wolfking himself. Gray Mage sighed to himself. It was going to be a long day.

Spoiler
    Show
    Diego Havoc was stomped to death. He was the Gambler.

Spoiler
    Show
    UsOurselves&We was also stomped to death, while trying to escape. They were the Twin 2.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gray Mage waited for his death until the next night. No one's sure what happened to him. He was the Escape Artist.

Spoiler
    Show
    Penguinator survived and claimed the village for villains everywhere. He is the Fan Pony Monstrocity & the Frog.

Spoiler
    Show
    And of course Zjoot was the Grand Wolfking. He survived also, taking his rightful place as King of Wolftonia.

Spoiler
    Show
    NOTE: These are the PMs I sent, not necessarily how the role was initially written. I'll announce who originally created what at the end of the game, and the way they were originally written. Though, the creator can take credit, if he wishes, during the game.

Team Villager: The Gambler

Description: Gambling's a way of life for many. For you, it's literal.

Abilities

Every night, a 1d4 and a 1d3 are rolled by the Narrator. The d4 determines how much the Gambler's votes count for that day. The d3 determines how many votes there are against the Gambler at the beginning of the day.

So say the roll is 3 and 2. Your vote for Murska is 3, not 1. When two others vote for you, you have 4 votes against you.

Victory condition: Survive.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Team Village: Twins!

Description: The twins have an eerie connection that others don't understand.

Abilities

When the twins vote for the same player, they count as having 3 votes, rather than 2. If they vote for separate players, their votes count as 0. If one twin dies, the other has regular voting power beginning the next day. The remaining twin also knows the identity of their twin's killer.

Victory condition: Kill all the Wolves

Team Villager: The Escape Artist

Description: You can't take a Good Villager down. At least, not during the day.

Abilities

Simple. Can't be lynched.

Victory condition: Kill all the Wolves

Team Wolf: Fan Pony Monstrocity

Description: You want to be 20% cooler, but more than likely you're a Mary Sue. Not that you'd ever admit it, but anyone who looks at you cringes in revulsion. It's ok though. You've got wings and a unicorn horn and know the magic of friendship.

Abilities

If you are lynched, all people who voted for you that day are paralyzed for one day/night cycle, unable to vote or perform night actions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Secondary Role: The Frog

Description: The Frog wants to find the Princess so his curse will be lifted and he will turn into a Prince.

Abilities

Each night, he does one player a favor and has a 50% chance of bolstering their night action or ability. If he assists the Princess, he is awarded with a kiss, and he turns into a prince and they become lovers, and his assist becomes 100% effective. The Princess is now on the Wolf Team.

But if he targets the Prince, he kills his rival... somehow. If the Princess and the Prince find each other first, he becomes the Vengeful Toad; he loses his assist, and his new goal is to kill off the Happy Couple. His new ability is to target a player each night, and if that player is the Prince or Princess, the couple is killed.

Victory condition: Survive.

or

Survive with the Princess.

or

Must kill the Happy Couple, before the end of the game.

Players List
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]#|Player|Roles PM'd?|Died|Game Role
    21|Zjoot|
    |Winner|Grand Wolfking Zjoot
    20|Penguinator|
    |Winner|Fan Pony Monstrocity/Frog
    19|Gray Mage|
    |Night 9*|Escape Artist
    18|UsOurselves&We|
    |Day 9*|Twin 2
    17|Diego Havoc|
    |Night 8|Gambler
    16|TBFProgrammer|
    |Night 7|Impeccable Gentleman
    15|Reinholdt|
    |Day 7|Hexxus
    14|Super Dark33|
    |Day 7|Ent
    13|Zar Peter|
    |Night 6|Twin 1
    12|Bunny of Faith|
    |Day 6|Etymological Assassin
    11|DukeGod|
    |Night 5|Gambler/Team of Thirds
    10|Count Dingdong|
    |Day 5|Master Planner/Team of Thirds
    09|thePhantom|
    |Day 4|Mason/Princess
    08|Tom the Mime|
    |Night 3|Princess Luna
    07|Internet Flea|
    |Night 3|Scruffy Sentinel
    06|Szilard|
    |Day 3|System Administrator
    05|Planswalker|
    |Night 2|Seelie Agent
    04|Bladescape|
    |Day 2- RL|Replaced by Bunny of Faith
    03|Matthias2207|
    |Day 2|Loki/Team of Thirds
    02|Istari|
    |Night 1|Phantom/Prince
    01|Eternis|
    |Day 1|Bubble Dragon
    [/table]

*= Assumed, since the final night evened the teams, and the wolves win.
    RL= Requested Lynch

AL- Replacements
    1} EatAtEmrakuls
    2} Eternis
    3} Istari
    4} Planswalker

Game Over

Questions
    1. Did you enjoy the game?
    2. Did you like any of the narrations?
    3. Would you play a Lex-Kat game ever again?
    4. Any other comments, things you'd like to discuss, complaints?

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

Internet Flea
    Spoiler
    Show
    Slot Machine: Starts with a randomly selected player's power (copying, not stealing). Whenever the Slot Machine is targeted by an action (Scry, bane, kill, etc.), it loses its current player power and gains another random player power.

Probably a Neutral. Maybe its goal is to use every living player's power. Which means its goal is to get targeted a bunch and kill players until there's no living power it hasn't used.

Bubble Dragon (again): Puts a bubble around half the players in the night; only players in the bubble can target other players in the bubble with actions. Only players outside the bubble can target players outside the bubble. Group actions ignore the bubble.

Wolf, I think.

Man with Gun: Player starts with a Gun with between one and six shots. Can shoot a player (kill) or reload the gun during the night.

Town.

Super Dark33
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Wolf: Grand Wolfking Superdark

Description:MASTER wolf. like an alpha but MASTER.
    It cant die unless all other wolves are killed. Player role is rvealed at the start of the game.
    Only Super dark33 is allowd to have this role ()
    Abilities: Immune to death unless all wolves died. Only Super dark33 is allowd to have this role ()

TBFProgrammer
    Spoiler
    Show
    System Administrator:

You are a sys admin for Team Good. You make sure all systems stay up and working properly. Thanks to your administrative rights, you have access to some important log files. Win by eliminating wolf faction.

Abilities:

(You may use one ability per night)

Check User History:
    Learn every person your target has used an ability on, including when they used said ability. You do not learn what the ability they used was. Night action.

Diagnose User Issue:
    Learn every other ability targetting your target Tonight.

Hacker:

You are a nefarious hacker for Team Evil, injecting virus and stealing critical information. Standard wolf win.

Abilities:

(You may use one ability per night)

Infect host:
    You infect your target with virus distribution software. Anyone, except you, who targets them in the future with any ability will become an infected client.

Ad-Ware:
    You send an anonymous message to all infected clients. The contents can be anything you wish.

Spear Phishing:
    Specify a Patsy to spoof and a Target. Gain a random ability of the target. Should the target attempt to use that ability, they will be told that the patsy stole it from them and this use will fail. The next night, you will lose access to that role and they will regain it, even if they are killed during that time.
    Warning: If the selected Patsy is not an infected client, the patsy will be informed that you have attempted to frame them for role stealing the night this ability is used.

[The hacker is intended to be a more balanced version of a role thief who has to build up to the attack to succeed. If the framing is too powerful, you can tone it down by having the patsy just be a facillitator, rather than framed.]

Script-Kiddy:

You are here for the Lols and intend to mess with everyone (neutral). Win by getting three info roles to scry your DDOS target.

Abilities:

Day:
    Haxorz:
    The next poster's night abilities target a player of your choice. They are informed that this will happen and who the new target is at start of night.

Night:
    DDOS:
    Your target can't use or be targetted by any abilities Tonight. All info roles get the message: PLAYERNAME is unresponsive.

Member of Anonymous:
    Scries and kills fail on you Tonight.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Troll in the Playground

Tom the Mime
    Spoiler
    Show
    Not sure how they'll go and they need a bit if work but they seem as if they might be fun. I like the idea of roles that make people post in interesting ways and get people to pay attention to things they normally wouldn't like the "hide the target in the post" assassin.

Etymological assassin – Some words die off on their own. Others need a little push.
    • Chooses a word at the beginning of the game – narrator or player
    • Each night, you may kill one person who has used the selected word previously in the game
    • 25%(?) chance of surviving a night kill
    • Victory condition: At the end of the game, all the players who have used the selected word must be dead and at least a 5(?) of the players must have used the selected word (or killed X players who used the word)

The Impeccable Gentleman
    • Dies at the end of the phase if he is ever rude, insulting or too directly confrontational
    • Night ability: Selects a target. What happens depends on how the target has acted in the past. Polite = bane, neutral = void or scry, impolite = kill
    • Town but maybe with a additional win/loss condition

The audaciously ambitious awesome alliteration adept _____
    • Choose a team and power for this role based on balance, and add the description to the alliteration (attacker - nk, anti-attacker - baner, affirmer - seer, arrester - voider and so on)
    • Player cannot use power unless they only/mostly post in alliterations
    • Could have a power switch if you deem the alliteration awesome/feeble enough.

UsOurselves&We
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright here we go:

The Team of Thirds,
    Composed of one player of 'each' faction (town, wolf, neutral, or other), up to three players.
    Their goal is to be the final three standing, or at least one of there number to be one of the final three in the game.
    They can swap roles/powers between themselves and inherit a part of the power of a fallen comrade (including vote if the two that are left vote together (if only one is alive and none of the group had a higher vote count 'power' then the vote only counts as one)).

The Chameleon role
    At the start of the game The Chameleon picks a person to copy the alignment win (if target is a wolf the chameleon will share in a win with wolves but will not be counted as a number for wolves and will not be added to the wolf chat.
    The Chameleon can copy the power of the last person it voted for that day.

The Glasses Item
    The person with The Glasses can see something about the thee people s/he voted for that day (need to vote for three people for it to work).
    what is seen can be anything from who the subject voted for (not to helpful things) to the role and alignment of a person. The one with Glasses is not told to whom the information belongs to.
    example lists:
    this person has a blue hat.
    that one is evil.
    one voted for a member of their team, but they don't know you know this.

that person said more words this day then the others.
    this one is right about what they said.
    that one is not being truthful.

Diego Havoc
    Spoiler
    Show
    1) Hitman
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral aligned

The Hitman can offer their services to any player by PM. Likewise a player who knows who the Hitman is (whether by PM, scry, roleclaim etc.) can request a service from them. The Hitman has no win condition until they gain a target to kill. The Hitman then wins by killing the target.

A player can hire the Hitman to kill a particular target. If the Hitman agrees, then once per night they may try to do one of the following actions:

1) Attempt to night kill the target. This does not bypass any protection the target may have. If the target is protected, the Hitman may then:
    2) Watch the target to see if anyone targets them with an action.
    3) Attempt to night kill a player who has targeted the Hitman's target (that the Hitman has seen).

The Hitman may not attempt to kill anyone except the target and anyone who targets the target.

If the Hitman kills the target, the Hitman wins, gets paid, and then leaves the game. If the target dies by any other means, or if the Hitman simply decides they cannot/will not kill the target, the Hitman doesn't get paid, and thus must find a new employer and a new target.

Once the Hitman has been hired, they scry as the faction and alignment of their employer, but otherwise scry as neutral and unaligned.

2) Twins
    Spoiler
    Show
    Town aligned

The twins have an eerie connection that others don't understand. Two players are chosen to be twins. These players know each other from the start of the game. When the twins vote for the same player, they count has having 3 votes, rather than 2. If they vote on for seperate players, their votes count as 0. If one twin dies, the other has regular voting power beginning the next day. The remaining twin also knows the identity of their twin's killer.

3) Mind Switcher
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wolf aligned, or neutral aligned

Once per night, the Mind Switcher can choose a player to switch places with. Any scrys, tracks or other effects that grant information to the user act as though they had targeted the switched player, rather than the Mind Switcher, and vice versa (if the switched player is tracked, it will look like they targeted the Mind Switcher). A Mind Switcher must switch minds every night, but cannot choose the same player twice in a row.

If the Mind Switcher is allied with the wolves, their win condition matches that of the wolves. If the Mind Switcher is neutral, their win condition is to survive to the end of the game and they have no night kill ability.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Troll in the Playground

Gray Mage
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ok, this is the first role I thought about (figured it's best to write it down and send it while it was fresh). I assume it's ok for me to send the other two as I make them, right?

Team Neutral (alternatively it can be Town/Wolf (see Jackpot!)): The Gambler

Description: They say that money won is twice as sweet as money earned. Truly, if there isn't any risk involved, it simply isn't fun. All or nothing, that is the way. Of course, you don't always have to bet on blind luck, a rigged gamble is, nonetheless, still a gamble.

Abilities:
    Jackpot!:
    Before/at the start of the game, pick one Team (Town/Wolf). You win if that Team wins.
    Alternate rule: You are now part of the Team you've picked.

Gambling Fever:
    Every Night you are given one (1) chip.
    You may spend chips during the night (incluiding the one gotten from that night) to gamble on one of the following:
    • Choose a Target Player. The bet is that the target player will be killed during that Night phase. (Payoff: Triple the amount of chips bet)
    • Choose a Team. The bet is that someone of that Team will be killed during that Night phase. (Payoff: Double the amount of chips bet)
    • Choose a Target Player and a Team. The bet is that the target player will be killed during that Night phase and that he is a member of that Team. (Payoff: Four times the amount of chips bet)
    • Choose a Target Player. The bet is that the target player will be killed during the next Day phase. (Payoff: Triple the amount of chips bet)
    • Choose a Team. The bet is that someone of that Team will be killed during the next Day phase. (Payoff: Double the amount of chips bet)
    • Choose a Target Player and a Team. The bet is that the target player will be killed during the next Day phase and that he is a member of that Team. (Payoff: Four times the amount of chips bet)

You may make multiple bets during the night, but you can't use the same chip for more then one bet (so, for example, if you have three chips you can make three bets with one chip each, one bet with one chip and another with two or one bet with three chips, but not two bets with two chips).

Any chips not used in bets or exchanged remains in your power and can be used in the next Night.

A Vortex or similar target changing power works on any bets made.

Cash in:
    During the Night Phase you may exchange chips for one use powers. The power must be used on the night they're bought.

{table=head]Number of Chips|Power|Description
    3|Careless Bane|Target player is baned (doesn't die from kills) on that Night (can't be used on self).
    3|Careless Day Bane|Target player is day baned (can't be lynched) on the following Day (can't be used on self).
    3|Void| Target Player can't use his/her abilities for that Night and for the following Day.
    4|Scry| Scries Target Player.
    4|Vortex| Pick two players. Abilities on that Night targeting one player are redirected to affect the other and vice-versa.
    4|Vote Vortex| Pick two players. On the following day any vote directed at one player is redirected to the other and vice-versa.
    6|Night Kill| Kills the Target Player on that Night.
    6|Bane|Target player is baned (doesn't die from kills) on that Night (can be used on self).
    6|Day Bane|Target player is day baned (can't be lynched) on the following Day (can be used on self).
    [/table]

Zar Peter
    Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that Seer, Baner and Mason are in the game anyway, isn't it?

So, I'm trying to figure out new roles here in the process of writing this post. Just don't expect very balanced ones.

1)Role: The shadow that lurks the night: Has three bullets in his rifle he can shoot at night. Wins when he shoots at least one Wolf. (Alternatively: Wins when he shoots at least two people with different alignments). After his gun is empty he can decide wich fraction he will go for (villager or wolf).

2)Artifact: Holy handgranate from Antiochia:
    Thou shalt count till three and till three thou shalt count... and so on, you know the drill. You decide on a target and count. After three cycles (Night-Day-Night) the handgranate is exploding and kills the target (if it's still alive). Doesn't explode if the thrower or the target dies before the three cycles are over.

Alternatively I suggest a win point system like in Careless village. With some changes: Let's say 1 or 2 points when you achieve your personal winning target, 3 points when your faction wins or when you survive the game and 5 points when your faction wins and you survive.

Well, hope that helps, thank you for narrating the game!

Count Dingdong
    Spoiler
    Show
    In Need of Trees, right? Here's one!

Treant
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Good: Treant

Description: A sentient tree, you have the power to control other trees. Use them to protect you and your team.

Abilities
    Animate Trees: Throughout the game, choose up to 2 players. You now control their lynch votes until you die. Their votes don't have to point to same person you point to. If they die, can't choose new targets.

(optional) Barkskin: You're more durable and survive first time you're killed.

(optional) Worthy Sacrifice: If night killed (not lynch vote) and at least one of animated trees lives, they sacrifice for you (die instead). If both are still alive, you choose which dies.

(only one of optional is chosen or none depending on what you think balances game)

And trees need something to be saved from!

Hexxus (from Ferngully)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Evil: Hexxus

Description: An evil entity focused on destruction and decay, you seek to destroy nature.

Abilities
    Manipulate: Once per game, manipulate other player into joining your side through mimicry, guile, and deceit. They retain their powers.

Mimic: With great powers of voice mimicry and shapechanging, convince seers you're Good-aligned. However, if look further (scry you multiple times), see truth.

(optional) Poison Rain: Your most feared ability, does great damage to forests. Target one player. That player is NK'd, voided, and cannot be protected. This is useable once per game and voids your Mimic ability. This is in addition to Evil-team kill.

(optional ability included unless makes OP; alt. remove Manipulate instead)

Sadly, Neutral isn't Tree-based...

Vengeful Spy
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Neutral: Vengeful Spy

Description: A Spy betrayed by both sides, now work on your own. Work to gather information and deal massive blow to their networks.

Abilities
    Best Served Cold: When lynched, guess roles of those who voted you lynched. If correct, they die. If NK'd instead, told number of roles to guess (this equals # of Evil-aligned players still alive). Choose those many players and guess their roles. If correct, they die.

Investigation Complete: At beginning of game, given all role names in game. Some red herrings are thrown in*.

*can be any number, likely 5-10?

What do you think? Balanced, OP, underpowered, interesting? Also, if need more, should I send more?

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

Planswalker
    Spoiler
    Show
    Neutral Role: the Doppelganger

Description:
    You are the Doppelganger. You walk among the humans disguised as them but not one of them. You have lived among them unnoticed for decades, and now the encroaching werewolves have caused the town to become so paranoid that they threaten to reveal you in their search for the wolves. This is completely unacceptable, and you strive to remain hidden until this all blows over.

Abilities

Each night, you may choose another player to mimic. All scry attempts that night and/or the following day will use your mimic target's information instead of your own. (alignment, role, etc) You are not given any information about the person you mimic. You are neutral, uncaring about the faction war going on around you.
    Victory condition: Survive until the end of the game without any living players knowing your true role.

Town Role: the Seelie Agent

Description:

You are an agent of the Seelie Court in this town. It is your job to observe the town and keep it alive so that the people remain to honor their ancient debts to the Faerie. With your counterpart the Unseelie Agent throwing in his lot with the werewolves, you have been forced to get involved directly. To that end, you have decided to use your power to sow a little chaos in the werewolf ranks.

Abilities:
    Once per night, you may choose one person to charm with the Luck of the Faeries. If that person is targeted for a night kill, the kill will instead go to another random target among the surviving players. Already being a Faerie, you cannot bless yourself with Luck. If you target the Unseelie Agent with your powers, this will break one of the Laws of Faerie and you both will be banished back to the Fae Realms. You cannot choose the same target two nights in a row.

Wolf Role: the Unseelie Agent

Description:
    You are an agent of the Unseelie Court in this town. It is your job to observe the town and ensure the mortals have a proper level of respect for the supernatural. With the coming of the werewolves, you see an opportunity to make an example of this village so that the rest of mortalkind doesn't get too uppity. With your counterpart the Seelie Agent throwing in his lot with the town, you have been forced to get involved directly. To that end, you have decided to sow a little chaos into the town.

Abilities
    Once per night, you may choose one person to target with the Curse of the Faeries. For that night, your poor victim will find all of his protections going awry. If your target has been selected to be protected from night kills, instead another random person among the surviving player will be protected. If you target the Seelie Agent with your powers, this will break one of the Laws of Faerie and you both will be banished back to the Fae Realms. You cannot choose the same target two nights in a row.

Although you are siding with the werewolves, they know better than to trust a member of the Unseelie Courts. You are not included in the werewolf network.

DukeGod
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major.
    Ressurection from a suggestion from the First Custom Werewolf.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Major:
    The Major is given the option to target a player at night with either a 'beneficial' or 'negative' action.

The beneficial action effect is randomly picked from this list:

Make his role public
    Void him
    Bane him
    Nightkill a random player from those who used a night action at him, not including the Major
    Give him a one-use scry
    Send him a message 'You feel as though the stars are smiling on you tonight.' If he mentions this or stars in any way in the thread on the next day, he's daybaned.

The negative action list is randomly picked from this list:

Nightkill him
    Void him
    Scry him
    Give a random player the message '*target* tried to attack you tonight, but a mysterious force protected you.'
    Disguise him
    Make all points on him the following day count for double.

The Master Planner.
    The Master Planner can abstain from voting during the day to get an effect. Nightbane, daybane, nightkill or his voute counts twice the next day. He may only use each power once. I'm not sure wether he should be Wolf or Town though...

The Bloodthirsty
    The bloodthirsty can get the town to lynch twice, once every Three(?) days. He announces to the GM this by adding the word blood thrice in his post

Zjoot
    Spoiler
    Show
    Custom Werewolf Roles

Introducing the love triangle:

The Princess (Neutral)
    She is trying to find her true love. Each night, she kisses one player. That player has a 50% chance of being protected from the lynch the next day. If she kisses the frog or the prince, the two are put in contact and become lovers; one dies when the other is killed. In addition, her day-bane becomes 100% effective. The princess wins if she finds either the prince or the frog and survives to the end of the game.

The Prince (Neutral)
    The Prince wants to marry the princess. Each night, he dashingly defends one player; they have a 50% chance of being protected from all negative actions against them that night. If the prince defends the princess, she falls in love with him and they become lovers, and his bane becomes 100% effective. They win if they survive to the end of the game. But if he targets the frog, he kills his rival. If the princess and the frog find each other first, he becomes the vengeful prince; he loses his bane and his new goal is to kill off the happy couple. He targets one player each night, and if that player is the frog or the princess, the couple is killed.

The Frog (Neutral)
    The Frog wants to find the princess so his curse will be lifted and he will turn into a prince. Each night, he does one player a favor and has a 50% chance of bolstering their night action or ability. If he assists the princess, he is awarded with a kiss. He turns into a prince and they become lovers, and his assist becomes 100% effective. The two win if they survive to the end of the game. But if he targets the prince, he kills his rival...somehow. If the princess and the prince find each other first, he becomes the vengeful toad; he loses his assist, and his new goal is to kill off the happy couple. His new ability is to target a player each night, and if that player is the prince or princess, the couple is killed.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Troll in the Playground

Bladescape
    Spoiler
    Show
    Numero Uno:
    Team Village:
    The Scruffy Sentinel

Description:
    The SS, or Scruffy Sentinel, is a bit of a lazy guardian. All he has is one guy to protect, so it shouldn't be that hard. Right? Right. Supposedly. Unfortunately, he's overconfident and lazy, so he's not that competent at his job.

Abilities

At the start of the game, the SS is given one other town player, that they know the name of. Can't be a seer or anything like that. Every even night, that player is baned, and every odd night, the sentinel loafs off and you can kill his protectee. Once his protectee is dead, every even night, when he's active, instead of loafing off, has a scry to find the people involved in his murder.

As in, even if they're town, they will be the only one to show up on the SS's scry as 'Evil'. They will only be told that they are hunting the evil doers that committed the crime.

Numero Duo
    Team Wolf:
    The Ragged Wilder

Description:
    This wolf is gifted by the spirits with wild powers and natural curses and such. As such, he can redirect even the powers of death, though he hasn't the control for specifics...

Abilities
    The Ragged Wilder may, during the night phase, redirect his team's kill. When doing so, he has to decide a power to hunt for. Say, 'Baner' 'Seer' etc. When he decides this, the kill is redirected onto a random player with this ability, side doesn't matter. So yes, he can kill a wolf like this.

This power has a one/two night cooldown. If there is any Wolf Group, he starts in it.(Depending on what you'd find balanced with the other roles.)

Numero Trio
    Team Void:
    Vortex Mind

Description:
    Master of the mind, creature of darkness. Twisted horror that lurks in your darkest dreams. Creature that has crawled out of the world of darkness to feed on the sanity of others.

Abilities
    During the night phase, Vortex Mind may choose one word. That word is then PM'd to three randomly chosen players other than him, with the message:
    'You feel a faint echo in your mind, the word "-wordhere" seems to call softly to you. It's as though there is something that wants you to say this word.'

Probably add addendum that it's not compulsary. If any of the three didn't say the word during the day phase, then the next night phase, the Vortex Mind has the option instead to kill one. He still doesn't know who it was. He is given a list '1, 2, 3' for instance, if none of the three said the word. And he chooses a number to kill.

The Vortex Mind may also choose instead to randomly assign everyone's power use to a random option other than the one that they chose that night. Power applied at end of night. This power has a two night cooldown.

The Vortex Mind wins if it kills three players via the word-kill.

Istari
    Spoiler
    Show
    Blue Mage - Whenever you are the target of an action you gain that ability to use during the next phase that action would normally be available in, if you are targeted by multiple actions you may only use one.

Princess Luna - Each night you can safeguard one pony's dreams preventing them from being affected from negative abilities (other than kills) that night.

Socialite - Each night you can look at one person's twitter feed to see who they targeted with any night actions they had (including kills)

Szilard
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Gambler - Every day, 2d6 are rolled (or other size dice, as the narrator sees fit). The first d6 determines how much the Gambler's votes count for that day. E.g. if it's a 4, whoever the Gambler votes for has four more votes now, rather than just four. The second d6 determines how many votes there are against the Gambler at the beginning of the day. So say the roll is 3 and five people vote for the Gambler that day, then there are 8 votes against the Gambler. Win condition is probably just to survive, and win with whatever team he/she is on.

Ent - Can bane or scry each night (one per night). If an Ent choses to bane someone that night, they simply chose who to bane, and they climb up into the Ent. The Ent can bane two people if they are hobbit-sized. Since Ents are so tall, they can choose to scry someone instead of baning.

Tree - A Tree that thinks it is an Ent. It is not as tall or hardy as an Ent, so anyone it banes does not get much protection and will most likely die. It can also not see very well, as it does not have eyes like an Ent, so scries show a random result.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Troll in the Playground

Reinholdt
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mason - You're a mason! A member of an elite and exclusive club. So elite and exclusive that you're the only member. But that's ok. You're such good company that you don't mind talking to yourself. With your combined brainpower, the brawn of you, and your heart, you know you can take down those wolves. If only you could get yourself to agree with each other...

You get three separate lynch votes. One at the person in red, one at the poster directly above your point post, and one at the poster directly below your point post. (Of note, only your final post with a red name lynch vote in it is considered for this ability). This can create multiple votes for the same person. Villager team

Da Bomb - Not THE Bomb which explodes. Rather your dazzling coolness stuns and disorients anyone which would dare glimpse at you in your natural setting.

Any night actions on you except night kills get randomly redirected, though no one is informed of this. Yes, this can redirect actions to people normally incapable of being targeted or even the person performing the action. In light of your incredible awesome, who's going to argue? Village Team

Fan Pony Monstrosity - You want to be 20% cooler, but more than likely you're a Mary Sue. Not that you'd ever admit it, but anyone who looks at you cringes in revulsion. It's ok though. You've got wings and a unicorn horn and know the magic of friendship.

If you are lynched, all people who voted for you that day are paralyzed for one day/night cycle, unable to vote or perform night actions. Wolf Team

Penguinator
    Spoiler
    Show
    Knight-Who-Says-Ni: Every night, he can prevent another player from taking an action, leaving them cowering in fear. (Voider) Likely a wolf or a neutral, he gains a win if he manages to find a shrubbery. (In addition to a team win, if he isn't a neutral)

The Escape Artist: Can't be lynched. Either town or neutral. (Obviously, a non-lynchable wolf would be totally broken XD) If neutral, wins by survival?

The Watchdog: Baner. If he successfully blocks a kill, he gains a hint (something that they can figure out, not ridiculously obscure) as to the identity of the person whose kill he blocked. (If it's a team kill, he gets a hint as to one of their identities)

That's the best I've got, except for a couple special roles I'm saving for other games.

Eternis
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Village: Loki

Description: A force of chaos that continuously warps what happens, Loki can warp and use the power of a target each night.

Abilities:
    Each night, Loki randomly targets a person. If that person has an ability, that person's ability now targets a random person (if applicable), and Loki gains a copy of that ability. If the person has no abilities, then Loki gains nothing. There's a 10% chance that Loki and his target will both have their vote randomly assigned the next day. (They don't know about this until the votes are tallied.)

Chaos Beast:
    When Loki is killed, a random target's role changes into a "Loki", although of the player's previous team.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Matthias2207
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Love Triangle: A and B both want C, they both die when C dies, A or B wins when the other dies. Could be combined with other roles, more like a secondary win condition. Would be interesting to have A and B be baner/killer and C seer, but I'll leave that to you.
    -Some sort of decoy ability, giving several roles when scried, including the real one.
    -Charged Beast: One extra casualty for every day of charging, dies after set number of charge days (5? Would make it an odd number, see win condition), doesn't take others with them if that's the cause of death. Needs a (secondary) win condition involving killing to motivate to charge. (Over 50% of the max possible kills needed to win?)

Just some random ideas, just alter them to your needs, or ask if you don't understand something and you suspect I do.

thePhantom
    Spoiler
    Show
    Team Neutral: Phantom

Description: Hailing from the Paris Opera House, the Phantom plans on ensuring that his opera will be done, no matter who he has to go through to have that happen.

Abilities

Once every 2 nights, the Phantom may use one of his cunning methods to bring his opera closer to reality.

Mirror Room: Target must repeat last thing posted instead something new for a day.
    Secret Passage: Day Bane self (1 time use only)
    Punjab Lasso: Forces the target to be silence

The Phantom needs to use the mirror room twice, the punjab lasso thrice, and the secret passage before he can attempt the last method.

Don Juan Triumphant: Narrator rolls die, if even nothing, if odd Phantom has fulfilled his victory condition and leaves.

(Hope this role gets in, and that the game is fun.)

18. - Top - End - #288
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Well I played awfully with a mixture of bad luck and poor choices. Ended up accidentally scry blocking TBF when he was scrying wolves on the first two nights (we both targetted the same people - Penguinator and Matthias - and "protecting from negative effects" turns out to include scries if you target a wolf). Sorry TBF . Still lynched one and thought I outed the other (conditional on TBF saying something). I thought people might have got it from the warning and the role description but I probably should have just said it outright even before waiting for TBF. Wasn't particularly expecting to die that night with that many seer claims buzzing about though.

Questions

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Yes. I tend to prefer ones with a theme going throughout the game but given how diverse the roles were, that wasn't likely and they were still fun.

Of course.

What was the word chosen by the Etymological Assassin? Bit curious given you said it was too common. Originally the win condition was chosen so that they couldn't wouldn't pick a ridiculously common or rare word but including it as a neutral could have ended up being awful to balance.
    Being a mime means never having to say you're sorry.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Ogre in the Playground

The game was quite enjoyable, with all these random roles going around, and no one knowing quite what was happening. Though this might've given somewhat of an advantage to the wolves, as they knew at least each other. The twins and team of three also knew each other (I think), so I guess they had some advantage, but not as much as maybe a real mason group might have. Plus, it was probably in the team of 3's best interest to have the wolves win, as that's the easiest way to leave all three standing.

And the narrations were quite funny, yes.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

20. - Top - End - #290
    Troll in the Playground

*dances a feisty jig*
    This was very fun.
    As far as seers and baners go, I hope I won't get to play one again.
    Despite everything, its still me.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

Good game, guys. Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    Questions

1) Yup! Got really into this one.
    2) They were all pretty good.
    3) Sure!
    4) Perhaps you could give us some insight into how you chose and balanced each role? Must be a really difficult task.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Szilard View Post
    Though this might've given somewhat of an advantage to the wolves, as they knew at least each other.
    I don't know about the others, but the only wolf I knew before they got lynched was the Wolfking himself.

Questions

1. Bahahahahahaha!
    2. What, not all of them? I liked when the pony was involved.
    3. Who wouldn't?
    4. I was thinking that town was sunk the last day regardless of what happened, simply because of my ability. (Everyone would have to vote for me to outvote myself and Zjoot) Zjoot would then kill somebody, lynch someone else (my ability killed town's votes for the day) and it would be all over. Now, Zjoot had a full PM box, and didn't post at all the last day, so I was a mite worried, especially since it was supposed to be his turn with the kill. But, I see that there was one other thing that would have won the game for town. How many votes did the Gambler have that day?

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom the Mime View Post
    What was the word chosen by the Etymological Assassin? Bit curious given you said it was too common. Originally the win condition was chosen so that they couldn't wouldn't pick a ridiculously common or rare word but including it as a neutral could have ended up being awful to balance.
    Bladescape chose the word: Lynch

When Bunny of Faith took over, I let him choose his own word: Think

Think gave Bunny of Faith five players to choose from on day three. Evidently, a lot of players like to think about what they are doing.

Though this might've given somewhat of an advantage to the wolves, as they knew at least each other.
    Actually, they were blind, also. But, they did get one advantage... well maybe two.

1} Zjoot was out in the open, so they may have been able to connect through him, but I'm not sure if they did.

2} Since I figured they were at least partially blind, their votes didn't count toward one another.

The Twins and Team of Three also knew each other (I think), so I guess they had some advantage, but not as much as maybe a real mason group might have.
    And yes, the Twins and the Team of Three were in contact with one another.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    But, I see that there was one other thing that would have won the game for town. How many votes did the Gambler have that day?
    Two, both for and against. So only two of us would have been needed to out vote you, unless you were voting for me. But you were right about your ability killing the town. I don't think there would be any way around that.

Lex, was there a dead-thread?
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Show

25. - Top - End - #295
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Lex, was there a dead-thread?
    Not that I saw.
    The BareFoot Programmer

26. - Top - End - #296
    Ogre in the Playground

I also find it quite funny that there were two Gambler roles.
    Want an avatar? Shoot me a PM.
    Current DYF Avatar by the fantastic Alarra

Awards/Trophies/Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Bravo Szilard. Bravo!
    Quote Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
    And Szilard, great job! You make me proud!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sneak View Post
    Szilard is wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    In Soviet Russia, internet give you.
    (is given to Szilard. With bow. Clothes optional.)
    ABR: SDSB Archive

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ogre in the Playground

Actually, they were blind, also. But, they did get one advantage... well maybe two.

1} Zjoot was out in the open, so they may have been able to connect through him, but I'm not sure if they did.
    I don't think anyone did, since the wolves weren't even sure they could trust each other.

I'm not a particular fan of blind games. If the villagers are supposed to analyze, and the wolves collaborate, then blind wolves who can't trust each other won't collaborate and have no incentive to analyze. Well beyond gambits (which worked for Penguinator). Though I understand with the team of three that was in the game why it occurred.

That said, villagers actually should have won that game. I manipulated into Superdark into claiming TBF was a scried wolf and to lynch him without revealing he was being manipulated (the very night I got scried by TBF. Typical me luck. I did however, negate Superdark's scry of Penguinator in the process). Superdark did anything but and got himself killed for it. Hindsight tells me that if he had followed instructions, I honestly don't think TBF would have been lynched at all and he'd still be alive. I feel slightly vindicated about the sum end results, though really think that would have been the single most interesting day if played correctly. The make or break day with two seers claiming contrary to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Pixie in the Playground

Claiming Frog to Zjoot becomes a worse idea the more I learn, and it was a stupid idea to begin with.

So yeah, I was supposed to protect Istari who got nightkilled night 1. The only night I protected anybody, I got voided and killed.

Still fun though.

Waiting for the next one, to see the Slot Machine in action.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydude View Post
    I actually have two theories on why you're doing this, but neither make much sense and you would have to be insane to try them. It seems you are insane, which is great for my theories.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZarethG View Post
    I see your point, Internet Flea. However, I don't retract my assessment of your sanity.
    What kind of paranoid mind sees that as something else. ~ The Narrator, during Stranded in Space.

(Sugar Shock avatar by Dirtytabs.)

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

1. Yes, it was quite fun and I enjoyed keeping up with it even after I died.

2. Yes, especially the opening one and the night that my character was killed.

3. Of course.

4. Did anyone else get one of the roles they created or was I just that special?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post
    get some of that excess AP you have before rollover used(spilled AP is worth feeling sad over).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    Yurhzorg is a nuclear warhead disguised as a playable character
    Much thanks to Ceika for the poketar!

I'll be away from the internet from 1/3-1/8 2019. I swear I'm not disappeared.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Troll in the Playground

You were just that special. I didn't even realize you'd gotten your own, until just before I sent you the PM.

And no, there wasn't a "Dead Thread". That's a relatively new thing, I think. And I am obviously behind the times with that.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2013-02-27 at 09:18 AM.