Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Ziam

Aeron rode forwards to meet the Caliph. Not one speck of dust touched her or her mount. Her voice took on a more friendly tone as she greeted the Caliph and his people.
    "Greetings. I am Aeron the White, Queen of Winter. As you are aware, the Sun has turned dark. An ill omen as its Lord has forsaken his most valued task."
    As she spoke, she raised her hands to the pale orb that the Sun had become. Though its brightness had increased slightly, it still did not provide the warmth or light it once had.
    "With my power, I hold the Winter in check. But I will not provide light and warmth without good reason."
    She drew her sword and it glinted with its own light, illuminating the blood staining it.
    "I wish to reside among your people. If you are a charitable and noble race as I am sure you are, then I will forge for you a new sun. But if corruption lurks in your hearts and you perform acts of evil in the shadows, then I will still forge you a new sun."

Ziam

The Caliph let out a short grunt, his eyes narrowing as he watched Aeron with distaste, albeit with interest. "Is this how pagan deities bargain? No gifts, feasts, or haggling? I simply will not allow it. I insist that you attend tonight's feast, and hold court with me, so we may discuss your... offer. Otherwise, I will hear nothing of it." He said, his lips curling into a smile. So very audacious for a mortal, speaking to a God.
    Sub-Atomic Incest and the Great Nazi Train Robbery

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ettin in the Playground

Ziam

"What bargaining, oh Caliph?"
    Aeron smiled.
    "You are either worthy of my aid or you are not. But a feast... I have not attended a feast in some time. Though are you sure it's wise? With such little sunlight famine could strike at any time."
    That was a mark against them, though the Caliph's audacity was a positive sign.
    "I will attend this feast and we shall see what happens."
    She began riding forward, straight into the crowd of people that had followed the Caliph.
    "Walk alongside me Caliph on my left and have your guards form up around us. Let us have some semblance of protocol as you insist upon it."
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

3. - Top - End - #273
    Ogre in the Playground

Kingdoms of the West, now named Kytharia

The grand shipyards of Kytharia were full of glorious ships ready to set sail to wherever they need go. They were loaded up with some of the finest goods of Kytharia that wouldn't spoil, and were preparing to lift the anchors. A shard of Kyth'ra appeared at the utmost front of the lead ship. "Greetings, sailors! I tell you now to set sail for the new world, discover what you may, and even begin to trade with the people of this world! But be wary and keep your sword-hand strong, for some may try and strike you down without a moment's notice!" he shouted so that all could hear. And to begin their journey, he blew hard at the sails of each ship, propelling them deep into the water, where they began to sail for new places and new adventures.

Ashandra-Tor

Kyth'ra appeared in the sky with his knights from the battle against the flowers that would seek harm from all. They slowly descended, the horses kept calm by Kyth'ra. He summoned a small platform of rock from the earth and set it against the side of the throne room, for the horses and men to rest. He also made some grass sprout on the rock so the horses could replenish their energy, and a small banquet and table was summoned for the men. "My Lady, I apologise for the intrusion. I got no response from Baelor, he must be daydreaming or something" he said as he knelt on one knee in front of Aeron upon her throne.

Spoiler
    Show
    Start AP: 5.

Join Pantheon AP2: Kyth'ra joins the Serene Court of Winter.

End AP: 3.

The platform of rock is attached to the throne room, but it's like you walk out from the throne room onto the platform. It's only there temporarily until the men and horses have regained their strength, and then they'll go back to Kytharia.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ziam

"What bargaining, oh Caliph?"
    Aeron smiled.
    "You are either worthy of my aid or you are not. But a feast... I have not attended a feast in some time. Though are you sure it's wise? With such little sunlight famine could strike at any time."
    That was a mark against them, though the Caliph's audacity was a positive sign.
    "I will attend this feast and we shall see what happens."
    She began riding forward, straight into the crowd of people that had followed the Caliph.
    "Walk alongside me Caliph on my left and have your guards form up around us. Let us have some semblance of protocol as you insist upon it."

Ziam

The Caliph let out a derisive snort as he strode alongside Aeron, waving his hand as a signal for his guards to get into position. "You speak as though we are in dire need of, or even in want of, your aid. You are, with respect, a heathen deity. While I bear you no ill will for it, I am loathe to enter into a pact with you without knowing more. We were warned by disciples of the affiliated Machine Lord that there would be those who would seek to take advantage of us. And you reek of ulterior motives."
    Last edited by Tzer; 2013-01-13 at 10:38 AM.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by CalPal View Post

Ayemfah, having finally finished his drink, looked out into the ocean as he watched bodies of fish and sharks float to the surface, the bodies of those who did not survive the fresh ocean. Then he watched the serpent stream across the water and return salt to the oceans, and Ayemfah, unable to believe what he just witnessed, rolled over and laughed so hard that tears fell from his own face as well, dripping into the sand and then washed away into the ocean like dust in the wind.

"Oh, oh Ruth, you have SO many thanks!" Ayemfah jeered through his bouts of laughter. "Now we have dinner and a show! Oh, I am dying of laughter now! Please, get me some ice to calm my ribs!"

And Ayemfah cried out in laughter even harder, for truly he had never seen something so funny through all his memories. Eventually, he managed to get back on his feet and, calming himself down from all this laughing, looked up to Yanyeeku with tears of joy in his eye.

"Oh Ruth, we must never allow this day to be forgotten! Oh, you have made me laugh so hard, I just cannot let this day go by without recognition of it! Oh, I have laughed so hard I have cried..."

Ayemfah went to lick his own tears, but found out something interesting about them: they tasted salty. And Ayemfah laughed and laughed and laughed even more, rolling around in the sand like a playful dog, unable to hide his cheer and excitement over the events that preceded this moment.

"Yes, this is how we will remember this moment! Oh, how perfect it is, Ruth! Let it be known that every tear shed in the name of laughter, of joy, of sadness, of rage; let every tear that streams down our face and drops to the ground be a salty tear, for truly these tears will be the memories of this day! Oh, I have laughed so hard; please, excuse me, I will take this fish and I will go back into the forests to eat it."

And so Ayemfah took one of the dead fish and ran back into the forest where he would then eat it in privacy, still giggling to himself and sporting a sly grin. Soon after, other wildlife from the forest would emerge to pick at the fish and other dead sea life that is swept onto the beach, and the first to pick the food would be none other than the wolves and coyotes, following in their deity's steps.

Spoiler
    Show
    TOTAL AP: 14
    AP Used:

- Cosmic Decree (-5): Every tear shed, no matter from what being or for what emotion it expresses, will be salty.

AP REMAINING: 9

Wearing his recreated royal regalia, Yanyeeku gave a hearty laugh. The sun started getting really bright…

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Ziam

Bezalel stirred, as it pumped out the needed food stuffs for the feast. The people here wouldn't starve, the machines were older than the sun,and had lived without it. The Architects were always building, but Bezalel took a moment to observe what was happening with the Caliph.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

7. - Top - End - #277
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

At the beach, there was only one proper reaction to what Rodan had just witnessed.
    "...wat..."
    Dorothy disagreed, as the grasses near the edge of the forest were quite tasty.
    And so, Rodan decided to call for some backup and summoned Rodlicus.

HOME-TOWER ISLAND
    One of Rodlicus' shards was currently sleeping, when suddenly a spectral phone began ringing besides his bed.
    "Whaaaaaaat?" he whined into the phone.
    "Um, sir, something happened at the beach and... could you come here please?" requested Rodan.
    "Yeah, sure, I'm going." answered Rodlicus, teleportaling there. He immediately noticed all the dead fish, along with other mutilated corpses along the beach.
    "Woah... Did you do this?" he asked, with Rodan immediately denying any involvement and explaining what he saw.
    "Ah... Oh those other gods, always screwing up. Welp, guess I've got to make sure nothing like this happens again." said Rodlicus, preparing a new boon for all sea creatures. Rodlicus brought some sea water into his spectral mouth, garggling for a full minute or so, and then spitting back into the ocean. Moments later, fish after fish began to fly out of the ocean, rocketing into the sky. Rodlicus had jsut blessed all moving sea life with the adaptability to live anywhere they wanted, be it salt water or fresh water, also granting them the ability to breath air. Then again, Rodlicus knew next to nothing about the biology of any form of sea life, and so, his boon involved turning gills into ultra-effective engines, essentially granting all moving sea life, be it a fish, a mermaid, or an octopus, the ability to move at stupidly-fast speeds. Such was their effectiveness, that they were also able to fly with a limited range of control. Basically, he had given most sea life jet engines in their faces.
    "There. Now no fish will die horribly due to the ineptitude of another god." he said, as flying jet-sharks began to descend upon herds of cows, only to be attacked by a different herd, this time made up of triceratops, who in turn were attacked by jet-propelled octopi.

Spoiler
    Show
    BOON: Adaptability to all environments, even the sky, for sea life. -3 AP
    Rodlicus: 0/15 AP

8. - Top - End - #278
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Wearing his recreated royal regalia, Yanyeeku gave a hearty laugh. The sun started getting really bright…
    …Then Yanyeeku peiced together what really happened. He fell over, crying. The sun became as black as pitch and cold as ice. Yanyeeku sobbed, then thought of something Gharda said. They were going to a land of peace and joy. The sun lit back up a little. The world had gone from gray to bright again to black and finally back to gray in a matter of minutes.

9. - Top - End - #279

DwarfBarbarianGuy

His job at the beach done, Rodlicus considered this a perfect opportunity to tell his pupil about his former life, while relaxing ontop of one of the jet sharks which Rodlicus had adopted and named Skippy, because it tended to skip across the water a lot.
    " and there were these long lines of undead bastards, so I had to fire the lances out of cannons to get rid of them. They were mounted on my shoulders, you see, so they were really easy to use. So then a lich appeared and tried to do horrible stuff to my pe-" and then...

Spoiler
    Show
    …Then Yanyeeku peiced together what really happened. He fell over, crying. The sun became as black as pitch and cold as ice. Yanyeeku sobbed, then thought of something Gharda said. They were going to a land of peace and joy. The sun lit back up a little. The world had gone from gray to bright again to black and finally back to gray in a matter of minutes.

What. WHAT. WAT.
    "I'll be right back." said Rodlicus, poofing out.
    In an instant, he appeared behind Yanyeeku, poking him in the shoulder.
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-13 at 03:15 PM.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Barbarian in the Playground

MindFlayer

Oxonj appeared by Rodlicus,""Yanyeeku, you can not do this. I will not allow it."
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

11. - Top - End - #281

DwarfBarbarianGuy

After Oxonj spoke, Rodlicus had his say.
    "Yes. Hello. Sun God. What in My Name do you think you're doing?!"

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ogre in the Playground

Beach

Having been slightly irritated by the sudden darkness, Hubris manifests a shard near the coalescing gods

"Fool god, what right have you to darken this world that other cannot partake of my magnificence!"
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

13. - Top - End - #283

RangerGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Ayemfah 'Nyeh munched away on his meal, contenting himself to how tasty this fish was, when the sun began to fade into nothingness. Now, as a canine, he and his creations would not fare poorly in this pure darkness, but it was a nuisance to say the least. As he continued to eat, the sun got ever so slightly brighter, and this Ayemfah could not stand.

"Oh, how the Dog of the Son cannot keep his light from faltering! No, this will not do! I may be a God, but every Dog deserves his day in the sun!"

And so he walked back to the beach, where he now found Rodiculus and Oxonj berating Yanyeeku for his management of the sun. Oh, how this situation might explode into something unbearable! But simple diplomacy alone was so dull, so boring... if there was to be a peaceful way to solve this burning dilemma, it would have to be decided on another way than through mere violence. And so Ayemfah sat nearby, watching what would be of these three gods and what they will decide for themselves. Sensing the danger of this situation, the wolves and coyotes quickly grabbed what food they wanted and walked away from the deities by the beach.
    Last edited by CalPal; 2013-01-13 at 03:43 PM.
    "I am funny." Ayemfah 'Nyeh, the Dog of Puns, Lords of Creation: The Primeval Steeple

AP - 5/30

14. - Top - End - #284
    Dwarf in the Playground

From the Void, Quaestus saw the mercurial nature of the sun and its god, Yanyeeku. He watched impassively as the sun flickered on and off like a lightening bug in its final moments, and sighed. This would not do. This flare of activity hadn't caused any permanent harm, but continued... irregularities would doom the Cerebrans. It was time for Yanyeeku to learn to control himself, or face the consequences.

The Beach - The Meeting of the Gods

The Merchant Supremus appeared next to the other Gods confronting Yanyeeku, voicing the same sentiments.

"Yanyeeku. Your actions are threatening the stability of mortal life on this world. This causes nothing but a loss of life, and profit. It is unacceptable. I recommend you learn to control your emotions, or this assembly may take further action beyond just words."

15. - Top - End - #285
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Queen

"Ah.. how I have longed to go on dates like that of my subjects. To find love and wonder on a magic carpet ride... or whatever it is those people do." Hel shrugged, draping herself over Hubris without the slightest bit of modesty.

"But I think the whole concept is rather stupid... but so full of possibles. I mean, if you have the concept of love you are deeply connected to another individual. But what if that individual were to die, or worse yet, turn on you? What a cause for fear! I bet they all fear that, don't you?" Hel continued to ramble, tracing her finger in circles on Hubris chest.

"Something to remember, hm, Hubris? Alas, like nobles, gods marry for power, not love." Hel sighed, brushing her golden locks from her hair. How truly beautiful, how exquisite she was in all her finery. But this man, this powerful lord, he seemed much more together than her previous engagement. And much more handsome as well. He was perfect and powerful and he knew it. Confident. She liked that.

"Well, then, my love, shall we not beat around the bush? We will combine our power for a more glorious future for all- well, for us anyway!"

Hel laughed with wicked glee and snapped her fingers twice quickly. The lands shuddered and shook as they twisted and reformed. The long forgotten land of Faelan moved and repositioned itself as it took on more characteristics of the Pridelands. They did remind her so much of her home and where she came from. It would a pleasure to rule over them.

Far beyond the glorious city of Hubris with its mighty and majestic pyramids there was a whole wonderful world. An African-esque landscape with beautiful plains and the occasional tree lifted straight from the scenes of some famous Lion movie. It even had a dark place where that evil goddess had touched down, a place where all feared to tread, but it wasn't anyones graveyard yet.

Her wonderful lions, large and full of pride, hunted here. They weren't all about fear, no, they acted like normal lions and loved the pack. They were loyal. And while they may be more vicious, tougher, bigger than a normal lion they were no match for dinosaurs and some of these new creatures. She had to change that. Soon.

And those creatures the savage one had made... noble, but tribal, and they reminded her of the cats she loved. She would not wipe these creatures out. No, instead she would love them as her own and show these Leonyr what their purpose in life is. For now, she was content to let them roam free in the Pridelands with her lions. They weren't in every pack, but they were there, leading, learning, more sentient than her previous creations. She would take them for her own, but for now, she would watch with great interest.

Her hawks continued to nest in the high mountains of the Pridelands, and truthfully, any mountains they could find to roost. They had no natural predators and seemed to flourish across the entire world. They had no need of her help. No one bothered with them, even though they picked off the occasional member of any organic species.

While her octupii and mermaids were wonderful creatures, they were hunted and scared, merely food for some horrible beast. The freshwater also almost killed them both of her undersea babies as well. But still a few of them persevered. One even got the beast to stop eating her tribesmen. They were resourceful. But they cried out for anyone to help them still. She pitied them, but she also kind of found that fear amusing. So she didn't help them. But soon.

Her wonderful bugs.. how they had spread! No one dared to mess with such an established part of the echo-system now that all basic variety of bug had become so invaluable and ingrained themselves so fully. She had big plans for her lovely flies, her quick mosquitoes, her amusing moths... Soon.

As this land, these Pridelands, these lands that were hers almost as much, twisted and reshaped to become even closer to what she wanted The Queen made sure her Gemstone Spiders survived and gave them a new home here with her. The flowers and plants that bloomed here weren't the flowers they were used to... but that accursed fool-god had doomed their home. And while the majority of the Gemstone Spiders struggled to survive in the place they were made, some came here to the Pridelands and their new Queen.

The Pridelands were a beautiful African Landscape now full of plants, mountains, swamps, and the darklands. Creatures sprang up here as well, like the common buffalo, the amazing gazelle, and the wild mustang.

"Is that a dowry worthy of our courtship?" Hel asked, the Glorious Matron with a gleam in her eye. She knew it was. With a flick of divine energy she created a simple gold ring, just a symbol, that she offered to the Glorious Lord.

"Join me and we will rule the galaxy as King and Queen!"

Spoiler
    Show
    AP: 0
    Rollover: 4
    AP: 4

Alter Land: 1
    I used Alter Land to do a lot here and a lot of fluff. Basically, I used the land that Faelan created before he left the game to add onto the Pridelands. I figured it was close since he corrupted my lions. Now they are connected and one land, twice the size of a normal continent, and it looks pretty much like the Lion King there. With pyramids. I also created three new mundane life creatures for free: the buffalo, the gazelle, and the mustang. Enjoy.

Alliance: 2
    Oh happy day! Hubris and Hel are to be married! What could go wrong?

AP: 1
    Last edited by Phobia; 2013-01-13 at 04:00 PM.

16. - Top - End - #286

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Queen

"Ah.. how I have longed to go on dates like that of my subjects. To find love and wonder on a magic carpet ride... or whatever it is those people do." Hel shrugged, draping herself over Hubris without the slightest bit of modesty.

"But I think the whole concept is rather stupid... but so full of possibles. I mean, if you have the concept of love you are deeply connected to another individual. But what if that individual were to die, or worse yet, turn on you? What a cause for fear! I bet they all fear that, don't you?" Hel continued to ramble, tracing her finger in circles on Hubris chest.

"Something to remember, hm, Hubris? Alas, like nobles, gods marry for power, not love." Hel sighed, brushing her golden locks from her hair. How truly beautiful, how exquisite she was in all her finery. But this man, this powerful lord, he seemed much more together than her previous engagement. And much more handsome as well. He was perfect and powerful and he knew it. Confident. She liked that.

"Well, then, my love, shall we not beat around the bush? We will combine our power for a more glorious future for all- well, for us anyway!"

Hel laughed with wicked glee and snapped her fingers twice quickly. The lands shuddered and shook as they twisted and reformed. The long forgotten land of Faelan moved and repositioned itself as it took on more characteristics of the Pridelands. They did remind her so much of her home and where she came from. It would a pleasure to rule over them.

Far beyond the glorious city of Hubris with its mighty and majestic pyramids there was a whole wonderful world. An African-esque landscape with beautiful plains and the occasional tree lifted straight from the scenes of some famous Lion movie. It even had a dark place where that evil goddess had touched down, a place where all feared to tread, but it wasn't anyones graveyard yet.

Her wonderful lions, large and full of pride, hunted here. They weren't all about fear, no, they acted like normal lions and loved the pack. They were loyal. And while they may be more vicious, tougher, bigger than a normal lion they were no match for dinosaurs and some of these new creatures. She had to change that. Soon.

And those creatures the savage one had made... noble, but tribal, and they reminded her of the cats she loved. She would not wipe these creatures out. No, instead she would love them as her own and show these Leonyr what their purpose in life is. For now, she was content to let them roam free in the Pridelands with her lions. They weren't in every pack, but they were there, leading, learning, more sentient than her previous creations. She would take them for her own, but for now, she would watch with great interest.

Her hawks continued to nest in the high mountains of the Pridelands, and truthfully, any mountains they could find to roost. They had no natural predators and seemed to flourish across the entire world. They had no need of her help. No one bothered with them, even though they picked off the occasional member of any organic species.

While her octupii and mermaids were wonderful creatures, they were hunted and scared, merely food for some horrible beast. The freshwater also almost killed them both of her undersea babies as well. But still a few of them persevered. One even got the beast to stop eating her tribesmen. They were resourceful. But they cried out for anyone to help them still. She pitied them, but she also kind of found that fear amusing. So she didn't help them. But soon.

Her wonderful bugs.. how they had spread! No one dared to mess with such an established part of the echo-system now that all basic variety of bug had become so invaluable and ingrained themselves so fully. She had big plans for her lovely flies, her quick mosquitoes, her amusing moths... Soon.

As this land, these Pridelands, these lands that were hers almost as much, twisted and reshaped to become even closer to what she wanted The Queen made sure her Gemstone Spiders survived and gave them a new home here with her. The flowers and plants that bloomed here weren't the flowers they were used to... but that accursed fool-god had doomed their home. And while the majority of the Gemstone Spiders struggled to survive in the place they were made, some came here to the Pridelands and their new Queen.

The Pridelands were a beautiful African Landscape now full of plants, mountains, swamps, and the darklands. Creatures sprang up here as well, like the common buffalo, the amazing gazelle, and the wild mustang.

"Is that a dowry worthy of our courtship?" Hel asked, the Glorious Matron with a gleam in her eye. She knew it was. With a flick of divine energy she created a simple gold ring, just a symbol, that she offered to the Glorious Lord.

Spoiler
    Show
    Roller: 4

I used Alter Land to do a lot here and a lot of fluff. Basically, I used the land that Faelan created before he left the game to add onto the Pridelands. I figured it was close since he corrupted my lions. Now they are connected and one land, twice the size of a normal continent, and it looks pretty much like the Lion King there. With pyramids. I also created three new mundane life creatures for free: the buffalo, the gazelle, and the mustang. Enjoy.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Jet-sharks began to descend upon the hawks, preying upon them at ridiculously stupid speeds. Likewise, mermaids and octopii also found themselves flying across the sky. For thanks to Rodlicus, the sea-life had become an active part of the surface ecosystem.
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-13 at 04:18 PM.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    The Pridelands
    Hel, The Glorious Queen

Spoiler
    Show
    Rollover: 4

Hubris takes the ring, producing one of his own
    I had planned on confronting that useless sun god, but this gives me a far more glorious idea

"And this is my gift to you, my glorious queen"
    And with that Hubris grasps both rings, and borrowing a small portion of his queen's power, he unites them and raises them into the darkened sky, and as they rise towards it they start glowing with a golden light, ever brighter and growing as they rise.
    By the time they are as far as Yanyeeku's dim sun, they grow far brighter, and larger, forming the glorious Golden Sun in the skies of the world.
    "Never more shall we rely on that foolish god to for light, our eternal union shall illuminate the world in our glory beneath the Golden Sun"

Spoiler
    Show

Rollover AP:4
    AP: 6
    Alliance, -2
    Borrow 1 AP
    AP:5
    Create the Golden Sun, -3
    Current AP: 2
    Spoiler: Characters
    Show

Kyton: NoS (M&M3e) IC
    Argent: The B-Team IC

Former Characters

Butterball avatar by Rayne

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi, Aspect of the Compassionate
    Paradise

Syimi felt a calling from paradise. She did not care for going to that place -she wasn't needed there. The souls there were complete, and did not need her. What could possibly need anything there? She appears, and standing in front of her is...a doll? What was something like that doing here? And that hatred, it was an unacceptable pollution. With a thought, Syimi removed contamination the thing wreaked by its simple presence, and isolated it.

"What are you? How did you get here?"

Syimi, Aspect of the Moon
    The Moon

As the moon's light wanes and waxes uncontrollably with sun and Yanyeeku, Syimi experiences a new emotion - irritation. She had, of course, felt such a thing during her time as a mortal, but the irritation of a deity is a thing a thousand times more powerful than even the most heart-felt hatred of a mortal. She espies out the god who can't keep his emotions in check, and is a moment away from joining the group around him when the Golden Sun rises. The moon suddenly shines with an even lovelier light, now that it is reflecting the glow of a gift of love.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quaestus looked up and saw the light of the new sun. He just shrugged, looking at the other Gods gathered for the assembly.

"The situation has been resolved. I am departing. Farewell, fellow deities. May fortune favor you."

For a moment, he focused his eyes on Yanyeeku in particular. "Your weakness sickens me... it is a disgrace to our kind. How laughably mortal."

And with that, Quaestus departed as quickly as he came, back into the void.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Ettin in the Playground

Chucky
    "I am... I mean was the servant of my previous master Andrew the Beloved. My name is Chucky. An old and oddly powerful man sent me here to be reincarnated as a human. There were several murders I was involved in so they deemed it appropriate to reincarnate me so that I can repent and be punished for it." Chucky said smiling. He wasn't excited about the whole punishment part but the magic part made him excited. He just had to make sure he didn't do anything evil if he wanted to keep it though.

Chemosh

Chemosh frowned when the sun went out. He was about to do something to help the children when a second sun went up. Only a few children died from the cold and it was sad they wouldn't be reincarnated but it could have been worse for more. He was curious what happened but it didn't matter much to him as long as it didn't happen again.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Ettin in the Playground

Seeing the other dieties work together made Yanyeeku feel somewhat better. This was what he wanted to see from the mortals. He began to think of a way to keep the sun constant. He separated part of his essence into a filter. His emotions shouldn't affect his creations as much. With this, the sun shone as brightly as ever. That was about the time the Golden Sun showed up. Yanyeeku responded by moving the sun to the opposite side of the planet from the Golden Sun. Syimi's moon was there, but he figured she wouldn't mind. If she ever wanted to make it dark, she just had to move her moon in front of his sun, which he was calling the Citrine Sun, now.

If mortals could respect each other this much, it would bring him even more joy.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi

Syimi recoils in horror as the creatures below die by by the millions every second. With a sun on each side of the planet, the air, land, and sea never have a chance to cool off, and the world boils.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Completely oblivious to what is happening, Yanyeeku takes a nap on the side of The Citrine Sun that faces away from the planet. He had done his part to promote peace and love in the world. He needed to think of a name for the planet.

When he was Feller, there was a children's legend about a kingdom named Hell. The king of Hell would bring presents to the good boys and girls of the world every year. Maybe he would call the planet Hell.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi

In a last ditch effort to save her moon, the planet, and the mortals living on the planet, Syimi creates a lump of iron at the heart of the Citrine Sun. The reaction caused quickly brings an end to the star. It is now a feeble thing, no longer capable of producing any meaningful light. The planet is saved.

Spoiler
    Show
    1 AP
    -1 to curse the Citrine Sun.
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2013-01-13 at 08:01 PM.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ettin in the Playground

This iron caused the Citrine Sun to explode violently. The resulting explosion vaporized the other sun, the planet, and the moon. The light was so bright, that it would light up a planet's sky on the other side of the galaxy. The universe, by the hand of Syimi, had been reduced to an endless black void with distant stars being the only noticeable feature.

26. - Top - End - #296

RangerGuy

This iron caused the Citrine Sun to explode violently. The resulting explosion vaporized the other sun, the planet, and the moon. The light was so bright, that it would light up a planet's sky on the other side of the galaxy. The universe, by the hand of Syimi, had been reduced to an endless black void with distant stars being the only noticeable feature.
    ... Or it would have if a certain deity didn't open up a portal large enough to suck the Citrine Sun into it and all the energy it would have spat out towards the planet. Where does the other end of the portal go? Best not to find out.

Ayemfah 'Nyeh loved jokes, but this was getting a bit out of hand.

Spoiler
    Show
    TOTAL AP: 9
    AP Used:

- Set Portal (-1): A portal has taken the sun before any real damage could be done.
    - Refund AP (1): The Creator is pleased with this course of action...

AP REMAINING: 9
    Last edited by CalPal; 2013-01-13 at 08:56 PM.
    "I am funny." Ayemfah 'Nyeh, the Dog of Puns, Lords of Creation: The Primeval Steeple

AP - 5/30

27. - Top - End - #297
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku opened up a temporary portal to move Xethos to the surface of the Citrine Sun. The sun was cool enough to not burn it up now that its outer layers were gone, but it still gave off blindingly bright light to anybody close to it. This great glowing ocean of light that Xethos now floated on was so far from the firstworld sanctum, which Yanyeeku decided definately could not be called Hell, that it could not be seen in the Citrine Sun's sky. Yanyeeku vowed he would never use his powers for destruction again. That coyote had in a way given Yanyeeku a mixed blessing: he now had a place to become a lesser diety and still visit Xethos, but he was so far away...

He decided he would hide out here a while…

At least he had photons to keep him company.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-13 at 09:57 PM.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Troll in the Playground

Syimi
    The Moon

With the Disaster of the Citrine Sun finished, Syimi turns her attention back to the blasted landscape. Her most benevolent aspect appears on the surface of the world.

Kaleea
    An Unnamed Village

When night suddenly turned to day, it had terrified the mortals beyond anything they had ever known. When the day never truly ended, only alternating between two suns, and the world began to boil, terror turned to despair. What mad god had caused such a thing to happen? The mortals screamed out for mercy, but none was forthcoming. For an unending day, the world burned.

A shadow passed overhead, and the blighted species looked up, thankful for this small relief. It was the moon, giving them respite from the sun's rays. Then, suddenly, the light of the Citrine Sun flared an angry red, then faded away. Soon, the burning day faded to twilight, then one by one, the shimmering stars reappeared as night took hold. The moon shone full and bright over the land, its soothing glow offering the promise of "I will never let such a thing happen again. I am Syimi, and I will love and protect you."

Across the darkened side of the world, creatures can see a particularly bright beam of moonlight coming down from the celestial body, and a woman clothed in white descending. To the god-touched Kaleea, it was what she had been waiting for, the return of the one who loved her so.

Syimi and Kaleea

Kaleea runs to the goddess, flinging her arms around the deity."My lady, you have come back to me, to us! We have prayed for mercy! What cruel and deranged being would try to burn us alive?"

Syimi strokes the child's hair, which now reaches to the ground, never having been cut since the day Syimi first came to Kaleea. "My love, it was one of my kind, whose name I will not speak. If you must speak of him, call him the Dying Flame, for his sun is now just that. I have given my power to quench his fire.

The child cries out in pain at first, as her raw and sunburnt skin can not even stand the lightest of touches. Syimi's soothing grace flows forth though, and the child is healed. "...My lady, we must heal this world."

"We shall, my child. I will see to it."

Syimi
    Ashandra-Tor

The temperature here falls much more rapidly than anywhere else, the everlasting ice quickly chilling the air. It was a blessed site to any mortal, the ice offering respite from the heat.

"My brethren, I have given my power to strengthen us, and I have given my power to save our creations. I ask you not to give you power, but to use your means and ways to help me heal this world. Yanyeeku's sun has been destroyed, and its remnants absconded with by a god I did not previously know of. It cannot threaten us again. Will you help me to restore this blighted place, over which we are stewards?"
    Last edited by Space Lawyer; 2013-01-13 at 10:58 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Ettin in the Playground

XETHOS, NOW FLOATING ON THE CORPSE OF THE CITRINE SUN

The core of the citrine sun floated silently with Xethos and the photons on top of it. King Helios began sorting things out.

Helios said, "So, we aren't on the planet anymore…"

Yanyeeku said, "No, you are on the sun, or rather the remnant of the sun. It gives off just enough light to where photons won't need amulets here. That other planet is so far from here, you might as well never mention it again…"

Helios said, "What can we do here?"

Yanyeeku said, "You be a king…sort out issues…fight flowers for your people…"

Helios said, "OK…"

Yanyeeku said, "We will return there one day and burn the enemies of the sun. Such a foul, evil, world…"

Helios said, "Are you OK? You don't sound like yourself…"

Yanyeeku said, "Just remember who made you king, Helios…"

Helios said, "Yes, Master."

Yanyeeku said, "I should call this dead sun Citrinia, since it still makes light but its not a sun…"

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

"I will help you until my dying breath, Syimi. I cannot allow mortality to fall this day!" he shouted angrily, his eyes turning to slits of hate as he thought of the one who caused this. "I will not rest until I kill the one who has caused so much pain unto this world" he said forcefully, cutting his palm with his sword as he said so and clasping his hands together high above his head, forming a blood pact so he must obey himself in that action.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!