New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Lords of Creation: History of The Usurpers IC

Yanyeeku called out for Syimi. He also made a note to himself to explain to the poor photons what had happened.

——————

Helios was crying tears of pure sunshine for the loss of his identical twin.

2. - Top - End - #122
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Armin View Post
    Gharda
    "There now." The old man said, trying to reasurre her everything would be fine. Her mother arrived at the house in a panic. Seeing a stranger, although an old man, caught her off gaurd, and then she saw the ashes of her two sons, not knowing what they were, she approached her daughter, seeing she had lost her hair, which she pulled out of her roots, she pushed aside Gharda to comfort Elizabeth. Hours passed, and she had explained everything through more tears.

Anne, the mother comforted her child and finally spoke with the old man. "So, who are you?" She asked. The old man had a serious look on his face. "I'm just an old man who saw fire coming from the house. I couldn't ignore a neighbor in distress." He said earnestly. Gharda would be the newest addition to the village. He had build a singular, large house at the village, and regularily visited the girl, Elizabeth.

She had spent much of her childhood with Gharda, and the harsh winter took it's toll on the family. Soon, her mother, Anne, passed away. That was yet another horrid tragedy for the poor little girl. Finally, the childhood had ended.
    Yet she still had some time with "Grandpa". The girl, twenty years old now, noticed Gharda had brought what he called "books" to a table in the large chateau. She couldn't help but notice that he was looking at it, and reading it. Books were unknown to people within history yet, so this was odd.

Elizabeth walked through the village thinking of the books she saw on her grandfather's table. He told her they were similar to scrolls, but she never knew that he could read. She didn't know anyone who could read. Well. . . apparently she knew one person.

All of a sudden a spark flew by. She froze, wide eyed. A familiar hand touched her back.

"Liz? What are you doing here by the forge? You finally decided to say hello to me?"

It was Stan, the blacksmith apprentice, black eyed and black haired, mussels glistening in the sweat worked up after ironing horse shoes all day long. She loved him. . . but he worked with fire, and he was always too warm, as if the heat stayed on him like a cloak. She always avoided him not wanting to get too close to the flame - and that only made Stan want her more.

Instead of answering him she fled. Running through the streets, till she reached Grandpa's house and locked the door afterwards, falling sobbing on the floor.

When Grandpa came in she was holding some of his books, looking at the writing, unable to read, but the flowing patterns calmed her. They took her mind of the ashes.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku left the sun, since it was obvious Syimi was not home. He made the sun go back on its regular automatic course. The eclipse was over.

Helios was at his brother's funeral. If Photons did manage to get themselves killed, they were, ironically, buried at sea after a service was held. This one was just for the ceremony. Photons try to make the best of any situation, so a feast was held of many rose petals. They all ate. There would be rope-jumping, Phaeton's Favorite. It was a game where gemstone rose bushes were harvested to make string. They hold on to the string and see who can stay on longest. This is normally done in the day so their sun amulets don't get wet, but some daredevils go at dusk or even at night.
    Last edited by Zhentarim; 2013-01-06 at 03:06 AM.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Bugbear in the Playground

The Pridelands / Faelan's Lands
    Hel, The Glorious Matron

"My, my, that is.." The eyes of the mad goddess squeezed shut for a moment as it felt as if life was draining from her. "Madness runs in my family." She explained as she composed herself, adjusting her regal attire and looking quite dignified once more. "What purpose will you give the lions, hmm? They love these wilds, these are their Pridelands, and they love them as I do. I find myself inexplicably drawn to this serene place of glory."

One of her pets, a large alpha male dire lion stepped up beside her and growled at the other god. She ran her hand slowly down the mane causing it to purr.

"Nobility and savagery.. two sides of the same coin for what is nobility but civilized savagery? You play a dangerous game. And it amuses me. Which one of us do you think would better represent savagery, and the other nobility, by our attire? Hmm? And yet here we are."

Tura-Ashandra
    Helkarava, The Mad Crone

As the Glorious One awaited a response from that so-called goddess of beauty the look in her eye seemed to grow almost crazier, unbridled and mad. You could see an abyss in her eyes and only darkness dwelt within.

Xethos
    Helen, The Wandering Maiden

In beautiful Xethos that floats, a beautiful young maiden truly awoke in this world. Inside of outlandish costumes or regal attire like the others she wore a simple noble ladies outfit like she did before all this. She wasn't that confused. It was all just a little fuzzy and she certainly didn't feel like she had cosmic power, she couldn't do anything about it. Had she lost it? Who was she now, really? Hel, the Glorious One? Or just simple Helen, lost and afraid?

"I'm the Helen that poisoned my sister.." She spoke, feeling the words more strongly in this form. Closer to the girl she once was than a god of legends.

The god-woman came across a groove of gemstone roses and approached them to marvel at their beauty, but stopped short when she saw several bodies of dead Photons. Of course, she had no idea what they were..

A few Gemstone spiders crawled over the bodies that hadn't returned to their homes in the roses. The poison had done its nasty work and slowly shut down the nervous systems of these poor elves until it became fatal.

"Not very pragmatic.." She mused, feeling a little sick and covering her mouth with the back of her hand. Helen remembered doing this, or had she? Yes.. she had, she was the mad god and the mad god was in her. She felt her presence, almost deafening and evil. "What is the point? Fear in and of itself?"

Helen approached a group of those bodies from earlier that didn't appear to be dead, if possible. "Hello? Is anyone alive here?"

The Slithering Deep
    Screeches Many-Decibels

With a gasp of panic, Screeches breathed in water for the first time of her life like her Grandmother had. "T-thank you, mighty Lord!" She applauded, clasping her hands together and looking adorable. The cute young mermaid swam down to join the Leviathan and swam over next to his face.

"Perhaps I could assist you in your duties somehow, great serpent and magnificent scaly one!"

Spoiler
    Show
    From now on, Hel will be split into three, and only three, aspects who will while being the exact same being will not act exactly the same. Like the Trinity! XD

If someone could do me a favor and link "The Hecate Sisters / The Three Faces" pages under my character on our TVTropes character page just like I wrote it on the same line I'd be grateful.
    Last edited by Phobia; 2013-01-06 at 03:35 AM.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Halfling in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

From the heavens, a new star began to fall with great force. It headed towards the world below, as all other stars had done before, yet there was a problem; too many obstacles. Regardless of how much space was actually availabe to fall through, the laws of improbability ensured that the new God's arrival wasn't routine. First and foremost, his descent brought him far too close to the sun, the gravitational force of which caught and then slingshoted the star towards the world at exponentially greater speed. Second, and perhaps most catastrophic, was the trajectory the sun had sent the star. Striaght towards the moon. Fortunately for the world, the moon had seriously slowed down the falling star, preventing any serious negative consequences once it touched down. Unfortunately for the moon, the star's crash with it at such speeds resulted in a third of the moon breaking apart as the star "bounced" off towards the world, changing the moon's actual orbit and creating a vast asteroid field around it, made up of its own debris.
    The star itself, however, orbited the world twice before its orbit descended enough for the planet to finally pull it in. Unfortunately, its current trajectory resulted in it crashing into a large mountain instead of the ocean.

And lo, Rodlicus had arrived on this world. As he woke up from his slumber, he recalled his previous life. Glory, honor, servitude, all in the name of good and for his God, Dorsug. But Rodlicus had to wonder about his current form. Jjust what happened? One moment he was honorably picking his nose, the next he was scrambling to fire the Holy Cannon and then- oh. Right. Yeah, Rodlicus decided against remembering what had happened anymore, and looked at himself. Apparently, he had lost his legs somehow. Also, he now had a massive headache and a mouthful of mountain rocks.
    He also noticed something else, however. Apparently, he could fly. Nifty! He went on to try flying around in the sky, failing to notice a hawk getting hit in the face by a small chunk of the moon, all right next to him.

Spoiler
    Show
    Alter Land: Knocking out a third of the moon and turning it into an asteroid field -1 AP

Rodlicus: 14/15 AP
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 03:42 AM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku approached the woman, asking her, "Do you admire my garden?"

7. - Top - End - #127

DwarfBarbarianGuy

After messing around with his ability to fly, Rodlicus tried figure out where he was. Well, for starters, it was blatantly obvious this wasn't his previous world anymore. Also, he could feel great power within him to do with reality as he pleased. Nice!
    "Lets see, what to do... what to do..." Rodlicus murmured to himself. He had all this power, thus he wished to help mortals just like his Gods had helped their mortals in the old world. As such, he set out to the first bastion of civilization he saw, which was Xethos. Never mind that he had crashed into a circular island-continent with a flourishing civilization on it.

Arriving at the floating land, Rodlicus searched for any mortals in the vicinity. It didn't take him long to find his first Photon.

"You! Shiny mortal! Tell me of the woes of your people!" he half-ordered-half-asked.
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 03:59 AM.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Phobia View Post
    The Slithering Deep
    Screeches Many-Decibels

With a gasp of panic, Screeches breathed in water for the first time of her life like her Grandmother had. "T-thank you, mighty Lord!" She applauded, clasping her hands together and looking adorable. The cute young mermaid swam down to join the Leviathan and swam over next to his face.

"Perhaps I could assist you in your duties somehow, great serpent and magnificent scaly one!"

Spoiler
    Show
    From now on, Hel will be split into three, and only three, aspects who will while being the exact same being will not act exactly the same. Like the Trinity! XD

If someone could do me a favor and link "The Hecate Sisters / The Three Faces" pages under my character on our TVTropes character page just like I wrote it on the same line I'd be grateful.
    Added the tropes.

------------------------------
    You can't even handle this much Leviathan

Oh, this was new. Things asking to help. There wasn't really much that the Leviathan did anyway. The Leviathan served it's purpose just by existing really. The world just happened that way, probably so that it could coincide with the Leviathans greatness. It was almost like trouble went out of its way to be in places that the Leviathan would just be passing through.

"That's nice of you to offer. Maybe I could help you though? It would be an honor for your people to get help from me, obviously."
    ------------------------------------

Crux is asleep in a trench. That is really all there is to say on the matter.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    After messing around with his ability to fly, Rodlicus tried figure out where he was. Well, for starters, it was blatantly obvious this wasn't his previous world anymore. Also, he could feel great power within him to do with reality as he pleased. Nice!
    "Lets see, what to do... what to do..." Rodlicus murmured to himself. He had all this power, thus he wished to help mortals just like his Gods had helped their mortals in the old world. As such, he set out to the first bastion of civilization he saw, which was Xethos. Never mind that he had crashed into a circular island-continent with a flourishing civilization on it.

Arriving at the floating land, Rodlicus searched for any mortals in the vicinity. It didn't take him long to find his first Photon.

"You! Shiny mortal! Tell me of the woes of your people!" he half-ordered-half-asked.
    Random Photon: "Their are spiders in our gemstone rose garden! They look just like the precious gems that grow inside the flower…"

10. - Top - End - #130
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

First an eclipse then a star colliding into the moon. When she was mortal, Aeron would consider these portents of some future disaster. Now she knew better, though a disaster may still result, but of a different kind.
    "Your creation, Lady Syimi... It is such a shame that such a calamity should befall it..."
    She smiled with no real warmth.
    "I insist you remain here with us until you can restore it."
    Her brief smile faded away when she finished speaking. Yes... The Serene Court would be a home for all under her dominion...
    "Warrior... Go forth and inform all of our invitation. The Serene Court awaits them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 6
    Create Pantheon: The Serene Court of Winter; 3 AP
    Remaining AP: 3
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)
    (::) Current avatar by Smuchmuch (::)

Co Founder of LUTAS - For all your less than useful heroes out there.

My Deviant Art. Careful, it's full of ponies.

Dragons!

11. - Top - End - #131

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Random Photon: "There are spiders in our gemstone rose garden! They look just like the precious gems that grow inside the flower…"
    "Hmmm, I see. Fear no longer mortal. You will suffer these beasts no longer!"
    And so, Rodlimus took one of the rings from his chain mail armor, removed his helmet and used the horns to break the ring and create a jaw. He then proceeded to exalt a portion of the gemstone roses, elevating them for a higher purpose! Now, one rose out of ten would be able to defend its kind. First of all, these exalted plants would look like regular gemstone roses, but when it or another gemstone rose was threatened by ANYTHING, this exalted plant would react. It would immediately grow five times its size, with an elongated, crystal "neck" and its petals would be replaced by a diamond jaw with which to strike. It would also be able to identify intruders such as the spiders, as the plant wouldn't be able to feel roots coming from them, yet would feel their presence in the garden, and as such, would strike. And just like any plant, they would reproduce by with seeds. The fact that their seeds were identical to those of gemstone roses was an entirely different matter.

"I shall name them 'Diamond Spidertraps', and they will protect these plants from all who wish them harm." he proclaimed. And thus, with his job done, he rose further into the sky to take a good look at his work. Yes, this was good. The fact that the plants themselves had inadvertedly gained the ability to uproot themselves, walk, and therefore hunt anything they perceived as a threat (read: Everything) until they rooted themselves again was of little concern. Even if he hadn't intended it, Rodlicus recognized this would make them more efficient at their job. And so, he left. If he was to continue helping the world though, he needed a place to call home.

And so, Rodlicus selected a part of the ocean where an island would be made. And made it was. A small island for a small kingdom, raised by manipulating the ocean floor. Never mind that it was raised where a deep ocean trench was, removing it completely, and covering the island in octopi. He cleared the place, and then got to work on his sanctum. At first, it started out as a nostalgic work. His house, from his old world. However, part of him told him that this just wasn't good enough for a God, and so he raised it and built a platform underneath it. This still wasn't enough, however, and so he began working hard on his new sanctum. However, due to his limited imagination, it ended up being a mile-tall tower, with his old house on the top. For some reason, that voice at the back of his mind gave up and just called it good enough. Now, Rodlicus though, was a good time to take a nap before fixing the world.

Spoiler
    Show
    Exalt: The gemstone roses had a number of their own transformed into protectors. -3 AP
    Alter Land: Island home. -1 AP
    Weave Sanctum: House Tower. -3 AP
    Rodlicus: 7/15 AP
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 04:53 AM.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

First an eclipse then a star colliding into the moon. When she was mortal, Aeron would consider these portents of some future disaster. Now she knew better, though a disaster may still result, but of a different kind.
    "Your creation, Lady Syimi... It is such a shame that such a calamity should befall it..."
    Her brief smile faded away when she finished speaking. Yes... The Serene Court would be a home for all under her dominion...
    "Warrior... Go forth and inform all of our invitation. The Serene Court awaits them."

Spoiler
    Show
    Starting AP: 6
    Create Pantheon: The Serene Court of Winter; 3 AP
    Remaining AP: 3
    Ashandra-Tor

"At once, my Queen" said Kyth'ra as he bowed. A piece of parchment appeared in his hands with the names of all the deities upon it. "Margareta, The Charcoal Virgin, seems to be the first on the list. Off I go then" he said with a shrug as disappeared an instant later.

Margareta and Baelor

Kyth'ra appeared hovering before Margareta and who he surmised was Baelor. "Greetings, Charcoal Virgin and Iron Tyrant. I bring information from The White Queen, Lady Aeron. She wishes to inform you that she is gathering a court, The Serene Court of Winter, for anyone who wishes to join it" he said most reverently while cooling the air around him. Gosh, these two sure knew how to make one hot and sweaty.
    Last edited by Mynxae; 2013-01-06 at 04:58 AM.

Epic quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ahh Kyth'ra... A knight of such honour and virtue, not to mention suppressed homicidal rage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    His life was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Mystic who fluffs things with madness and zeal,
    Mynxae who always seeks rifts to heal,
    The lovely Dark Lady who's never at odds;
    These are a few of our favorite mods!

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

Though Aeron knew that Kyth'ra would be successful in his task, it was still inefficient. There were many Gods, and it would take quite some time for Kyth'ra to extend the invitation to them all individually. She knew how best to remedy this.
    She stood from her throne and walked to the edge of the open-air platform atop her Citadel she used as a throne room. She looked South across the desolate, frozen wastes of Tura-Ashandra toward regions warmed by her mercy.
    A flock of ravens with feathers of icy blue flew out from behind her and flew across the world seeking out each spark of divine essence save for those that Kyth'ra had already begun to speak with. To each they repeated her invitation to join her court;
    The White Queen invites you to her Court in peace and good faith.
    Mauve Shirt, Savannah, Gnomish Wanderer, Cuthalion and Smuchmuch get cookies for making me avatars. (::)

Dragons!

14. - Top - End - #134

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

Though Aeron knew that Kyth'ra would be successful in his task, it was still inefficient. There were many Gods, and it would take quite some time for Kyth'ra to extend the invitation to them all individually. She knew how best to remedy this.
    She stood from her throne and walked to the edge of the open-air platform atop her Citadel she used as a throne room. She looked South across the desolate, frozen wastes of Tura-Ashandra toward regions warmed by her mercy.
    A flock of ravens with feathers of icy blue flew out from behind her and flew across the world seeking out each spark of divine essence save for those that Kyth'ra had already begun to speak with. To each they repeated her invitation to join her court;
    The White Queen invites you to her Court in peace and good faith.

Ah, such a good dream. An ice cream mountain, covered with chocolate sprinkles and a creamy exterior to CAW!
    A creamy exterior to enjoy, along with CAW!
    CAW! CAW! CAW!!!

Rodlicus was unceremoniously awakened by an icy bird on his window.
    "What do you want, bird?" he asked, as the raven relayed its message.
    A court? "Oh man, last time I was in a court, the judge- euagh! Don't wanna think about that..." he said to himself, as he traveled to the icy domain, arriving quickly enough, materializing before the Ice Queen herself. He inadvertedly materialized with his back to her, however. "Ok, where's this queen...?" he asked himself, before turning around in his search for the queen, quickly finiding her behind him. "Oh, greetings there. Were you the one who sent that raven?"

15. - Top - End - #135
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

Aeron smiled. This one would be amusing.
    "Welcome warrior, to Ashandra-Tor and the Serene Court. I did indeed send that raven, her name is Maleficent."
    The raven named Maleficent flew down and alighted on one of the many crystalline spires of Aeron's citadel. It did not take long to realise what may best motivate Rodlicus into swearing fealty, however slight that fealty was in actuality.
    "I am Aeron, the White Queen. I wish to extend to you this invitation to join my Court. Such a position comes with no requirements on your part. It comes with no responsibilities or duties at this time and in return, we both grow in strength.
    "What is your name warrior? It is improper for a queen to not know the names of her courtiers."

Uncharacteristically, she had continued smiling.

Dragons!

16. - Top - End - #136

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

Aeron smiled. This one would be amusing.
    "Welcome warrior, to Ashandra-Tor and the Serene Court. I did indeed send that raven, her name is Maleficent."
    The raven named Maleficent flew down and alighted on one of the many crystalline spires of Aeron's citadel. It did not take long to realise what may best motivate Rodlicus into swearing fealty, however slight that fealty was in actuality.
    "I am Aeron, the White Queen. I wish to extend to you this invitation to join my Court. Such a position comes with no requirements on your part. It comes with no responsibilities or duties at this time and in return, we both grow in strength.
    "What is your name warrior? It is improper for a queen to not know the names of her courtiers."

Uncharacteristically, she had continued smiling.

"My name is Rodlicus! And as for your offer, please explain what you mean with 'grow in power'. Details are important after all." said the God who had regarded aggressive and dangerous plants as a blessing, and their ability to walk as a bonus.
    Last edited by Rodman; 2013-01-06 at 06:49 AM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Ashandra-Tor

Aeron smiled reassuringly.
    "It is a simple matter Sir Rodlicus. By joining together in the Pantheon of the Serene Court, we forge an immaterial link between us which catalyses the regeneration of our divine energies, after an initial expenditure of course. The more there are linked together, the greater the effect of catalysis."
    She turned to look once more across the frozen wastelands. How bleak and lifeless it was. Perfectly calm...
    "Once in place, you need not pay any heed to the link. It will not affect you in the slightest and cannot be used against you."
    Once more she turned to face Rodlicus, her smile devoid of any malice with only a hint of the usual coldness. She addressed Syimi with her last sentence.
    "And you may join also Syimi."

Dragons!

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Chemosh was bored, he had used most of his energy on making the beloved and now he had nothing to do. He sent out a sliver of himself to go searching for something to do. The sliver went down and checked on how the undead children were doing. No one was massacreing them yet which was a good sign. He had been worried that their kleptomaniac ways would make them hard to love but they seemed to be doing ok. A few of them even worked on their necromancy though right now they weren't able to do much with it. Chemosh noted that he should create more undead races soon so that they could make some friends to play with. He noticed a poor photon child being "buried" in the waters. He took the photon's body and put on one of those amulets that wore.
    He then left it out so that it could transform with out instantly dying from lack of sun. That being done he waited for the odd colored crow that had been following him for awhile. It looked annoyed that he kept calling it a crow but all it said was about an invitation to her court... he had no idea where that was so he simply followed the crow back to her court.

Hello, I am Chemosh. A crow invited me here. Chemosh said smiling at the people already here.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

Elizabeth walked through the village thinking of the books she saw on her grandfather's table. He told her they were similar to scrolls, but she never knew that he could read. She didn't know anyone who could read. Well. . . apparently she knew one person.

All of a sudden a spark flew by. She froze, wide eyed. A familiar hand touched her back.

"Liz? What are you doing here by the forge? You finally decided to say hello to me?"

It was Stan, the blacksmith apprentice, black eyed and black haired, mussels glistening in the sweat worked up after ironing horse shoes all day long. She loved him. . . but he worked with fire, and he was always too warm, as if the heat stayed on him like a cloak. She always avoided him not wanting to get too close to the flame - and that only made Stan want her more.

Instead of answering him she fled. Running through the streets, till she reached Grandpa's house and locked the door afterwards, falling sobbing on the floor.

When Grandpa came in she was holding some of his books, looking at the writing, unable to read, but the flowing patterns calmed her. They took her mind of the ashes.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gharda was ia little bothered by this. He knew exactly what had happened. A spell of sympathy was cast everyday by Gharda, so in case something would happen like this he would know the cause of her pain. He looked sad. "Elizabeth, I'm so sorry." He hugged her and then let go. "I think it's time I finally let you know how much you are capable of." He stated.

"I can tell that reading these simple scripts takes your mind off the pain of your loss from so long ago. It's also time that I tell you the truth. Elizabeth, I am not a mortal man. I am one of the spiritual brothers of the Charcoal Maiden. I heard your sobbing from a high mountain and knew that it was time I try to do something to console the suffering in this world, even if I could only help one person."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2013-01-06 at 08:22 AM.

20. - Top - End - #140

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

Aeron smiled reassuringly.
    "It is a simple matter Sir Rodlicus. By joining together in the Pantheon of the Serene Court, we forge an immaterial link between us which catalyses the regeneration of our divine energies, after an initial expenditure of course. The more there are linked together, the greater the effect of catalysis."
    She turned to look once more across the frozen wastelands. How bleak and lifeless it was. Perfectly calm...
    "Once in place, you need not pay any heed to the link. It will not affect you in the slightest and cannot be used against you."
    Once more she turned to face Rodlicus, her smile devoid of any malice with only a hint of the usual coldness. She addressed Syimi with her last sentence.
    "And you may join also Syimi."

"Well, when you put it that way, I see no reason why not!" exclaimed Rodlicus in a rather gleeful manner. However, he noticed something about his current location. It was entirely made of ICE. There was only one thing to do...

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamste View Post
    Chemosh was bored, he had used most of his energy on making the beloved and now he had nothing to do. He sent out a sliver of himself to go searching for something to do. The sliver went down and checked on how the undead children were doing. No one was massacreing them yet which was a good sign. He had been worried that their kleptomaniac ways would make them hard to love but they seemed to be doing ok. A few of them even worked on their necromancy though right now they weren't able to do much with it. Chemosh noted that he should create more undead races soon so that they could make some friends to play with. He noticed a poor photon child being "buried" in the waters. He took the photon's body and put on one of those amulets that wore.
    He then left it out so that it could transform with out instantly dying from lack of sun. That being done he waited for the odd colored crow that had been following him for awhile. It looked annoyed that he kept calling it a crow but all it said was about an invitation to her court... he had no idea where that was so he simply followed the crow back to her court.

Hello, I am Chemosh. A crow invited me here. Chemosh said smiling at the people already here.

"Hi, I'm Rodlicus the Magnificent. Here, have a cone." he said, a cone of scraped ice appearing infront of Chemosh, the ice being covered in honey. Where Rodlicus got the honey in the frozen Ashandra-Tor, nobody knew. Some would rather not find out. Regardless, he enjoyed his own cone. Not wanting to be rude, he quickly made some for the White Qeen and Syimi as well.
    The fact that he scraped the ice with his helmet was rather... unexpected, however.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

"That is so Lady Syimi, but peace is always preferable even if there is nothing to compare it to."

Syimi shakes her head. "A being cannot change and grow without adversity. You deny the possibility of true happiness for all creatures."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Qwanch View Post
    Yanyeeku called out for Syimi.

A shaft of moonlight descends from the heavens. "Yes?"

Spoiler
    Show
    [QUOTE=Phobia;14481498]The Pridelands / Faelan's Lands

Tura-Ashandra
    Helkarava, The Mad Crone

As the Glorious One awaited a response from that so-called goddess of beauty the look in her eye seemed to grow almost crazier, unbridled and mad. You could see an abyss in her eyes and only darkness dwelt within.

"I do not claim beauty for myself alone, much as I do not claim love. You have such a lovely form, but you mar it with a hideous expression and harsh words. Syimi approaches the angered deity and strokes her cheek. "Do not fear the beauty of others; instead, celebrate it. The most beautiful statue does no good if locked away in a dark room. It must be seen, to enhance that which surrounds it.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ashandra-Tor

Syimi gazes at the moon with a sad look upon her face. "Sometimes beauty is marred by great tragedy. I will leave such a thing unhealed for now, so that the mortal races may gaze upon it and consider the consequences of their actions. It will be repaired after a time though. A part of me will remain here for now, but I have work to do among the mortals."
    07/03/2018: I’m back. The long break was necessary.

Discord Tag #4097

22. - Top - End - #142

MindFlayer

Pioneer looked at these marvelous new constructions. These Architects. The 2nd generation of them. As opposed to the first generation, which were gears and grime, the second generation architects were smooth, and more aerodynamic. They weren't done yet, but they had started their first steps into consciousness.

Pioneer received a report, a vanguard squad had been damaged by living crystal creatures. He gave a requisition order for an Architect, and a dozen Vanguards. Within hours, Premier arrived with the requested Vanguards. Pioneer boards Premier, and the group of machines headed off to the Gardens of the Crystal Roses.

Pioneer descended on a tendril of Premier's body into the Garden, observing the Roses. He walked through the flower bed, searching for these crystal monsters.
    "1427. It is not a race to 0 SAN."
    From Things Mr Welch is not Allowed to Do In an RPG
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

23. - Top - End - #143

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentIndy View Post
    Pioneer looked at these marvelous new constructions. These Architects. The 2nd generation of them. As opposed to the first generation, which were gears and grime, the second generation architects were smooth, and more aerodynamic. They weren't done yet, but they had started their first steps into consciousness.

Pioneer received a report, a vanguard squad had been damaged by living crystal creatures. He gave a requisition order for an Architect, and a dozen Vanguards. Within hours, Premier arrived with the requested Vanguards. Pioneer boards Premier, and the group of machines headed off to the Gardens of the Crystal Roses.

Pioneer descended on a tendril of Premier's body into the Garden, observing the Roses. He walked through the flower bed, searching for these crystal monsters.

As he walked through the roses, there was absolute silence except for the wind and the sound of the other machines. However, within the space of a second, five of the roses grew five times their own size, their petals forming diamond mandibles. Strong and sharp enough to render apart almost any materials. And within that same second, the plants uprooted and swarmed unto Pioneer, biting as they went.

24. - Top - End - #144

MindFlayer

Pioneer back flipped out of the way, receiving a heavy gash along his arm. He revved up his tesla coils, "Vanguard squad, drop in," 6 vanguards swooped in, fully charged up. Pioneer found that his arm that was damaged was no non functional. The other Vanguards received other injuries, but they kept the brunt of those flowers away using a lightning grid formed from their tesla coils.

Pioneer punched another flower, cracking it, but as he did that, his arm got another mauling. No with no usable arms, Pioneer kicked his electrical currents into over drive, trying to ward away the crystal beasts.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

25. - Top - End - #145

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Pioneer back flipped out of the way, receiving a heavy gash along his arm. He revved up his tesla coils, "Vanguard squad, drop in," 6 vanguards swooped in, fully charged up. Pioneer found that his arm that was damaged was no non functional. The other Vanguards received other injuries, but they kept the brunt of those flowers away using a lightning grid formed from their tesla coils.

Pioneer punched another flower, cracking it, but as he did that, his arm got another mauling. No with no usable arms, Pioneer kicked his electrical currents into over drive, trying to ward away the crystal beasts.

At that point, it was as if the garden itself came to life. Angry, aggressive life, as for every ten roses, one of the uprooted itself and became the monstrous plant the others had become. Some of the more... "intelligent", members of the species remained in their rose form, using their roots to stealthfully position themselves right next to the attackers, and then sprung from the ground, right unto the Vanguards with utmost prejudice.

26. - Top - End - #146

MindFlayer

Pioneer gave a mechanical gasp,"All units, fall back!" A giant mechanical tendril of Premier swoops down, letting most of the Vanguards get on. Pioneer channeled his energy into his broken arms, incinerating the synthetic muscles, and utilizing them as larger coils to spread more lightning around.

Eventually, Pioneer couldn't keep up the onslaught, and fell to his knees. His core fires were dimming, he knew what the Photons were feeling when one of them died....

And then Premier slammed down three tendrils onto the crystal gardens, utilizing a fourth, smaller one to retrieve Pioneer. Premier released his own set of personal Vanguards, four dozen in all, to coordinate an electrical strike to cover their tactical retreat. As Premier drew his tendrils away, a lightning bolt stronger than even the storm clouds could produce struck in the garden. Thousands of flowers, and hundreds of crystal beasts were melted down.

Pioneer was taken to the research lab, and hooked up to specialized repair machines. Unfortunately, his current unit was compromised. They had to transfer his synthetic soul core into a new Vanguard. They had the shell of a second generation Vanguard, and input Pioneer into that shell. He was now much sleeker, synthetic muscles were more defined. The coils had a curve to them know, arcing from shoulder to shoulder.

Premier had left that area of the gardens a wasteland,and had sustained massive damage to its tendrils. It launched a team of a dozen Vanguards down into the wreckage to see what had attacked them, and if their corpses could be recovered for study.
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Yanyeeku said, "I have long admired your beauty from afar…. I ask you if you would like to be my bride. Together, we could rule the heavens and promote goodness together."

28. - Top - End - #148

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Pioneer gave a mechanical gasp,"All units, fall back!" A giant mechanical tendril of Premier swoops down, letting most of the Vanguards get on. Pioneer channeled his energy into his broken arms, incinerating the synthetic muscles, and utilizing them as larger coils to spread more lightning around.

Eventually, Pioneer couldn't keep up the onslaught, and fell to his knees. His core fires were dimming, he knew what the Photons were feeling when one of them died....

And then Premier slammed down three tendrils onto the crystal gardens, utilizing a fourth, smaller one to retrieve Pioneer. Premier released his own set of personal Vanguards, four dozen in all, to coordinate an electrical strike to cover their tactical retreat. As Premier drew his tendrils away, a lightning bolt stronger than even the storm clouds could produce struck in the garden. Thousands of flowers, and hundreds of crystal beasts were melted down.

Pioneer was taken to the research lab, and hooked up to specialized repair machines. Unfortunately, his current unit was compromised. They had to transfer his synthetic soul core into a new Vanguard. They had the shell of a second generation Vanguard, and input Pioneer into that shell. He was now much sleeker, synthetic muscles were more defined. The coils had a curve to them know, arcing from shoulder to shoulder.

Premier had left that area of the gardens a wasteland,and had sustained massive damage to its tendrils. It launched a team of a dozen Vanguards down into the wreckage to see what had attacked them, and if their corpses could be recovered for study.

A survey of the area would indeed result in the corpses of numerous Diamond Spidertraps being found. Whilst the gemstone roses were completely obliterated, the resilient bodies of the trappers had ensured that, at the very least, their diamon "heads" survived, even if the rest of the body was desintegrated. Most of the corpses recovered were heads, after all, with only three of the corpses being mostly intact. Any attempt at autopsy would reveal something universal amongst all of them. The seeds of the plant, stored on the diamon "head", right where the mandible ended, were all intact, existing in an emerald form.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

Descent of the Darkest Star

From the silver void between worlds he came. A blazing comet of dark glory, the Spurned fell between universes, plummeting from the sky down upon the Pridelands. Black fire consumed all that stood in the path of the dark god's descent. As Toraminus fell, he opened his eyes, slamming into the ground. The forests shook, animals scattering from the unnatural being's entrance into this world. The Disowned Lord of Destruction rose from the ground, flexing his gaunt muscles. With a flick of his wrist, an entire acre of forest was flattened. The Lord of Annihilation grinned, then vanished, leaving behind a scene of ruin as a blight upon the Pridelands.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 AP - 1 AP = 14 AP
    Alter Land - In the southern Pridelands, in the middle of nowhere in a forest, there's several acres of charred and decimated land.

30. - Top - End - #150

MindFlayer

Premier looked on the destruction, and and ordered his Vanguards to collect all of the seeds, and remains of the SPidertraps. Eventually, everything was brought onboard Premier's labs. Pioneer was weary of these creatures, but knew that they must research their enemy in order to fight it. His new body had armor that culd deflect the cutting abilities of the Diamond SPidertraps.

"Unfortunately, these gardens that were destroyed were allied territory. We must commission several Architects to repair this area."
    Haviar the Broken Wyrd
    Ixth From The Void