New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Abyssal Revelation IC

"Wah, oh no, I'm doomed, oh you got me," Usagi says in a completely robotic monotone as she's shot at. Her reflexes kick in to handily sidestep the bullet - that shot couldn't have got her if she'd wanted to be hit. "Well, swordsman chap, since our cover is blown anyway, d'ya mind doing me a favour and smashing these guys? I'll make some clones to deal with the rest." Whether it's agreed upon or not, she begins performing hand seals of Kage Bunshin, and soon enough two more Usagi stand by her side.

Spoiler
    Show
    Defence 27 (I get a +2 deflection form my sword, but it isn't drawn, and my speed ranks aren't active)
    I take (2d4)[6] damage to summon 2 kage bunshin

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

"Tch." Juri clicks her tongue in dissatisfaction at her initial targets not going down. "Lucky bastards. You get to live five more seconds."

She fires twice more, with her clones doing the same.

Spoiler
    Show
    Regular full attack. Attack the wounded first, and move along in a logical manner.

Hit Points: 52/56
    Chakra Pool: 47/52
    Chakra Reserve: 13/25
    Armour Class: 30
    Ongoing Effects: Byakugan (5th round), Kage Bunshin (6/80), Speed Rank 2 (2/5), Eagle Eye Stance

The clones don't seem to get mastercraft bonuses. Rectifying that.

Also, I think Juri still might get her Sneak Attack, because of the -30 Spot penalty the range gives to the enemies, and they ultimately failing to see her even with a DC 0.

Juri
    Atk - (1d20+14)[16] + 4 from action point
    Dmg - (2d12)[14] + Sneak - (2d6)[11]

Atk - (1d20+9)[15]
    Dmg - (2d12)[17] + Sneak - (2d6)[7]

Clone A
    Atk - (1d20+6)[15]
    Dmg - (2d12)[6]

Atk - (1d20+1)[3]
    Dmg - (2d12)[7]

Clone B
    Atk - (1d20+6)[26]
    Dmg - (2d12)[18]

Atk - (1d20+1)[9]
    Dmg - (2d12)[10]
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-01-10 at 09:54 AM.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Juri's bullets, and those of her clones, strike home and take out two guards on an upper level gun tower. Both soldiers have their armor blown open as the .50 rounds create exit wounds the size of cantaloupes.

Florenz' clones pop out quickly and efficiently as the rabbit-kin divides her essence to create "real" bunshin. The comm-chatter from the enemy picks up immediately. "We've got a ninja at the south door!"

"We lost two biometric signatures. Get inside and don't expose yourself. Focus on that ninja first, then kill the others."

The enemy responds to Florenz' display of mystical abilities by focusing their fire on her. Several enemy soldiers appear from the aisles created by the large shelves. Her clones are able to spot the enemy on the second floor catwalk as they move to providing supporting fire for their friends.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Floor One

Spoiler
    Show
    Floor Two

The second floor is 30ft above the first.

Juri - 20
    Florenz - 14
    Enemies - 6
    Kasuka - 3

G1 - Five foot steps, then full-attacks Clone F1.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[23]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[11]

G2 - Moves, then attacks Clone F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[10]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[9]

G3 - Moves, then attacks Clone F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[13]

G4 - Moves, then attacks Clone F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[22]

G5 - Moves, then attacks Clone F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+8)[25]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[14]

G6 - Moves, then readies an action
    G7 - Moves, then readies an action

G8 - Five foot steps, then autofires at Clone F1, F2, and Florenz herself.
    Attack Roll vs Defense 10: (1d20+4)[17].
    If that hits, then F1, F2, and Florenz need to make a DC 15 Reflex Save or take (2d8)[6] points of damage.

G9 - Five-foot steps then readies an action.
    G10 - Five-foot steps then readies an action.

The other soldiers move around as well. Juri is now unable to see anyone on the gun towers, but is still able to fire on guys inside the first floor of the warehouse.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

"Ow!" yelps one of Florenz's clones as she's struck, popping and turning into the smoke that spawned her while the remaining clone and the original duck and weave pact bullets, even if just barely in the clone's case. Damn, I was careless, getting involved in a firefight...

"Gnh, can't believe I actually drew their fire for ya..." Usagi comments, landing on the ball of her foot and swooping around. She switches between speaking through her own body and her clone with every few words, making the original impossible to determine simply. "Backup, eh... any chance of extraction by then?" she whispers into her mic. "Swordsman, back me up!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuka says nothing when the rabbitkin requests his backup, but dashes into the room in a blur of silver and black, weaving through the gunfire until he is upon one of their would be gunners. Silently, he lashes out with his dark iron blade all the while staring past the man with his shaded visors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Hit Points: 51/69
    Chakra Pool: 36/41
    Chakra Reserve: 26/26
    Armour Class: 28
    Ongoing Effects: Spd Rank 1 (2/5), Helm Splitter Stance, Charge

Actions
    Standard Action Attack~!
    Attack: (1d20+15)[29]
    Damage: (3d6+8)[20] [Repost from the OoC Thread]
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-01-10 at 10:42 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

"Let me see if I can give you a hand," Juri mumbles, and shoots at a guard through the warehouse wall as best as she can see with Ray's HUD.

All the while her two clones begin to descend the tower as if taking a silent order from somewhere, and move towards the building from the east.

Spoiler
    Show
    Full attacking G7. Blind firing probably negates Sneak Attack, and induces a 50% miss chance. Or am I mistaken?

Chakra Pool: 45/52
    Ongoing Effects: Kage Bunshin (7/80), Speed Rank 2 (3/5), Eagle Eye Stance

Since Juri shoots by HUD now, she wouldn't need the Byakugan, I think. So she shuts it down after shooting. Also, the clones use Kinobori to climb down, and eventually climb up the warehouse. 1x2 chakra for two Kinobori.

(1d20+14)[22]
    (2d12)[10]
    Miss - (1d2)[1]

(1d20+9)[19]
    (2d12)[6]
    Miss - (1d2)[1]

I don't know how long would it take the clones to reach the warehouse's roof with running, so you can decide that, ZN.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, might as well draw some fire..." Florenz hangs back, remaining in the shadow of the warehouse, hidden, as she performs the technique again.

Spoiler
    Show
    Kage Bunshin no Jutsu again - this time for 2 clones ((2d4)[5])

Meanwhile, her remaining, visible clone bursts forward, heading into the warehouse and striking one of the guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Unleash speed rank 2.
    Clone charges the furthest enemy it can reach (within 160 feet)
    (1d20+14)[23]
    (2d6+2)[6]

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

DM

The enemy converges on the rear attackers by unleashing a hail of bullets. All of them are aimed at Florenz's clones.

One of the shots from that colossal sniper rifle Juri uses strikes true, and the target's brains splatter across the wall like spaghetti. Kasuka slices his target clean in half, and one of Florenz' clones hit their mark.

The dull sound of metal hitting metal announces Natalie's arrival onto the field. Juri suppressing her Byakugan makes it impossible to see what happened, but it's obvious from the camera feed being fed into the group's HUD that she's alone. The massive woman totes her giant minigun around as if it were made of styrofoam, but the bullets it fires are quite real. The high-pitched whine of her gun announces a volley of bullets being shot through the forward guard.

Ray chimes in immediately. "Looks like Lt. Wildner and Pvt. Albach are goners. Their telemetry is coming back negative. I can't patch through to the cameras on their helmets, so... Headshots, I think? Or something destroyed their helmets. Juri, can you take a look around? Looks like the enemy reinforcements are gonna show up in two minutes. Bravetail is bringing in another squad, but they're gonna be about half a minute late."

More enemy radio chatter comes through your comm-units. "Brodrick is coming in with the Wordbearers. We'll extract everyone then. Hold out, copy?"

An unfamiliar voice that hadn't spoken over the radio until then responds. "Negative. We have what we need. Tell the Wordbearers to drop the hammer and kill everyone there. Heed the Word even unto death, brothers and sisters."

What comes next is a mixture of fear, surprise, and acceptance. Ray cuts through and speaks to the group directly. "I dunno what the hammer is, but it sounds like they're going to blow the whole place up. I'll start researching these Wordbearers and this Brodrick. But for now we've got two choices: We can pull out and leave the senator to die, or continue with the mission. Since the C.O. is out it's your call. But... Try not to get killed out there."

Spoiler
    Show
    Level 1
    Spoiler
    Show

Level 2
    Spoiler
    Show

G1 vs F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[14]

G2 vs F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[12]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[6]

G3 vs F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[27]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[11]

G9 vs F1
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[7]

G5 vs F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[23]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[8]

G6 vs F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[17]

G8 vs F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[16]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[4]

G10 vs F2
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage Roll: (2d8)[8]

Natalie's Initiative: (1d20+5)[18]

Natalie's First Attack: (1d20+14)[16]
    Damage: (6d6+2)[24]

Natalie's Second Attack: (1d20+9)[24]
    Damage: (6d6+2)[26]
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2013-01-14 at 06:09 PM.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Juri curses softly.

They were dead? This soon into the operation?

Could the enemy have deployed their own ninja as well?

She gets up, and heads north with a determined look on her face. When Ray mentions the imminent destruction and asks about their decision though, she sounds like her own familiar self.

"I'd normally say we let the scumbag (he is a senator, right?) rot, but I get enough reprimands as it is, and too many of them might hurt my pay."

She lets out a giant sigh.

"Let's at least try to earn our dollars, I guess. Right, boys?"

Spoiler
    Show
    Since we're still in combat, it will take some time for Juri to re-position and open her Byakugan, if I'm not mistaken. Move action to stand up from prone, and another move action to move 55 feet north.

Chakra Pool: 45/52
    Ongoing Effects: Kage Bunshin (8/80), Speed Rank 2 (4/5)

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuka's eyes widen at the implication, snapping his head to the stairs in recognition. Trepidation fills his heart when he realizes his failure. Shaking with a barely contained rage he seethes into his mic. The comm crackles to life when he answers Juri's question. "The senator's life takes precedence over ours. We will not try. The success of the mission will occur even if it must be over my lifeless husk."

Forming half seals, Kasuka runs for the stairs skidding to a half halfway and unleashes a torrent of electric on the hapless guards. "Usagi, locate the senator while I draw fire away from you. We will not let the deaths of our comrades be in vain."

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Chakra Pool: 32/41
    Chakra Reserve: 22/26
    Ongoing Effects: Spd Rank 1 (3/5), Helm Splitter Stance

Actions
    Swift Action:
    Tap Reserves (4) DC 17
    Chakra Control: Succeeds even on a 1.

Move Action:
    Down 4 and 1 right of G5.

Attack Action:
    Elemental Beatdown: Rank Three
    Targeting: G5 and G6
    Chakra Cost: 4+4 (Empower)
    Damage: (8d6+8)[39]
    Reflex Half DC 20
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-01-17 at 02:37 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

"Hm. I really don't intend to die for some old fart, but I suppose I have to earn my keep. Let's do this quick now..."

Florenz's clone swings her blade to repel some melee, then dashes for the basement door, intending to hit the lights, or at least draw some fire.

Florenz herself springs from the shadows, running forward then jumping with the incredible force only a rabbitkin speedster was capable of. "Leap for the Moon: DOUBLE JUMP!" she proclaims happily, summmoning her chakra in midair, suddenly pushing herself up at the height of her arc, aiming to hit teh deck of the catwalks.

Spoiler
    Show
    First vertical jump (1d20+38)[55] - if that doesn't beat the DC, she'll use her technique to push herself a 'little' further

Use flying monkey, of course

Second vertical jump (1d20+38)[51]

Doing her best to keep her composure, she tries to immerse herself in the shadow of the catwalk itself

Spoiler
    Show
    Stealth (1d20+23)[27] (any penalty from the jump isn't accounted for_

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Florenz leaps over the railing and tries her best to hide, but when the five guards up there turn to face her it's fairly obvious that things aren't quite working out. Down the catwalk Florenz can see a thin man in a pressed and tailored suit being held at gunpoint by a soldier. The soldier shouts at the rabbitkin as soon as she leaps up. "That's far enough! Any closer and I shoot him." The soldier waves his pistol at the senator's head to prove his point.

Down below, the other Wordists open fire on Kasuka while Florenz' clones run for the basement.

Spoiler
    Show

First Floor
    Spoiler
    Show

Second Floor

G1
    Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+9)[11]
    Damage: (2d8)[6]

Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+4)[14]
    Damage: (2d8)[8]

G2
    Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+9)[22]
    Damage: (2d8)[12]

Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+4)[24]
    Damage: (2d8)[9]

G3
    Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+9)[28]
    Damage: (2d8)[13]

Attack vs Kasuka: (1d20+4)[20]
    Damage: (2d8)[12]

8, 9, and 10 all ready some actions.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz looks to be in a bit of a huff. "Didn't exactly stick the landing now, did I..." she comments as the guards brandish their guns. At their demand, she smiles. "What do I look like to you, a model citizen?"

Her clone downstairs stops, spinning around, then follows a similar route to the original. With a mighty leap, she intends to grab the botttom of the railing on the catwalk, to better hide herself in the shadows before vaulting onto catwalk to approach the senator, unseen.

Spoiler
    Show
    Remaining clone uses a super jump!
    (1d20+48)[50] vs DC 52 - unlike the original, the clone has no intention of overshooting the jump, and instead grabs the ledge

If she still has actions left, she hides in the shadows and climbs onto the catwalk, far more stealthily than the original. (hopefully)
    Stealth (1d20+23)[32]

The clone will use her entire next turn moving into position to grab the senator.

Meanwhile, the original gathers her chakra as she focuses. "I don't suppose any of you gentleman would care to call off 'the hammer'? Why, the imminence of death might just make me desperate enough to try something stupid. Like, wouldn't it be funny if I just kicked you over the rail right now?" she asks of the closest gun-toting guard.

Spoiler
    Show
    Florenz performs Tree Climbing technique

Wits check to distract (1d20+14)[28]

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Following the situation via the HUD, Juri calls out to her unicom.

"Usagi-kun, I can get that guy if you want," she offers in a hushed, sing-along voice.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

"I'd say I have this," Usagi cryptically states in response to Juri. There's a lot of them up here, taking out one isn't going to cut it. But I could use the distraction for when I launch my master plan... "If you don't lighten up I guess I'll have to shoot one of you on my way out."

Spoiler
    Show
    Secret Message pass: Wits (1d20+14)[26] (auto-succeeds)

'When i grab the senator, shoot one of the ones adjacent to him so I can escape in the chaos.'

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Florenz thinks she's successfully pulled off her distraction. The senator speaks up in a brusque tone of voice. "Just kill them. My life is meaningless if---" He's whacked on the back of his head by his captor, and the senator goes quiet and limp as he falls unconscious.

The man holding the senator hostage waves his gun at Florenz. "You guys can't just go at me if I have this shield. So just let us leave or I'll shoot him!"

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz eyes the senator oddly as he orders her, and even twitches like she's going to make a move. When the hostage taker reiterates his threat, Florenz shakes her head. "Tut tut. Why of why did the senator have to turn out to be an honourable man. It would be wrong of me to let you kill him now I suppose. Though don't think holding him makes you any less of a target". Florenz taps her mic, confirming a simple instruction.

'I'll keep them distracted. Line up your sights and take out the one holding the senator; I'll be ready by then.'

Meanwhile, true to her plan, Florenz's clone moves into position.

Spoiler
    Show
    Florenz's clone subtly grabs the senator while remaining in the shadows. She readies an action - as soon as the hostage taker is shot, she'll heave the senator and jump off the catwalk.

Meanwhile, Florenz does her best to keep the distraction going. "Hey, believe me, matey, I don't want to die here either. But my associates her, they wouldn't take too kindly if I just snuck off you see. With my record I'm on probation at best - I'm working off a bounty that's probably worth more than every wordist in this room. So how about you just give me the senator and I'll let you escape. Hell, I'll even keep the electro-swordsman and mini-gun-giant down there distracted while you sneak off - you don't mean anything to me, I only barely care for my mission." Usagi didn't care much about her team mates hearing her over her microphone. After all, she'd pulled this gambit more than a few times in plain sight, and hadn't once yet actually betrayed anyone - it was just her reputation, to act less trustworthy than she is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Wits (1d20+14)[33] to bluff
    Interaction to convince (1d20)[14] (lol)

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

With Usagi's hint, Juri stops in her tracks to direct her spear-like rifle again to the warehouse, and takes a breath to compose herself.

"I hope that was implied at me, dear, because I'm sending the package regardless."

With her second hint Juri exhales, and simultaneously takes the shot.

Spoiler
    Show
    First round: Move action to move north, standard action to open Byakugan.

Second round: Kyujutsu: Tsukeme at the guy.

Spot - (1d20+22)[39] + 5

Attack - (1d20+14)[24] + 4
    Damage - (2d12)[3] + 18

Added in the bonuses as per the post from OOC.

Chakra Pool: 34/52
    Action Points: 9/11
    Ongoing Effects: Kage Bunshin (10/80), Byakugan (2/2), Speed Rank 2 (1/5)
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-01-23 at 12:56 AM.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuka is quiet for the longest time, having forcibly cut himself off from the comm channels. After the brief silence, his familiar voice buzzes in with a dark whisper, "The Senator's life takes precedence. I will remain on the ground floor and clear out the gunmen for a safe extraction. Do not do anything that would put the man into any undue danger."

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Chakra Pool: 23/41
    Chakra Reserve: 22/26
    Ongoing Effects: Spd Rank 1 (4/5), Helm Splitter Stance

Actions
    Instant Action:
    Shundou (Avoid)
    Perform: +28 Result. Succeeds even on a 1.
    Chakra Cost: 3 ("Empower")
    Move 15' forward.

Full-Attack Action:
    Five Foot Step Forward
    Target: G3
    Attack: (1d20+15)[31]
    Damage: (3d6+8)[20]
    Attack: (1d20+10)[13]
    Damage: (3d6+8)[18]

Swift Action:
    Heroic Surge

Attack Action:
    Elemental Beatdown: Rank Three
    Target(s): G1 and G2
    Chakra Cost: 4+2 (Empower)
    Damage: (6d6+6)[28]
    Reflex Half DC 20

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Juri's shot takes the hostage holder between the eyes, and drops him immediately. The other guards are a bit too confused to react, and Florenz is capable of saving the senator. Kasuka effortlessly kills three of the men downstairs--though his second slash misses its target. But before the fight can continue a powerful explosion rocks the building. Immediately the enemy starts to evacuate, and the group hears the frantic voice of Ray over their headsets. "They set a bomb! It was in the basement! I don't--Maybe it was set the leader's--But--Just get out of there!" Another explosion punctuates Ray's words as the building shudders and groans. A plume of flame shoots up out of the floor and incinerates a large number of enemy soldiers. Sgt. Starkweather trundles out of the northern exit quickly, but as soon as she heads through the door it collapses into a pile of ruined metal rubble.

The building groans loudly once more, and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that it's going to collapse soon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Florenz and Kasuka have 1 round to get out of the building before it collapses. This is pretty easy for Kasuka, but heres hoping the rabbit can get out.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Juri, alarmed though from the explosion, focuses his attention and sight to the front of the warehouse, trying to see what or who killed her colleagues.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz's clone swipes the Senator, running to jump from the ledge as soon as the bullet hits the stupid soldier, but of course she stops dead in her tracks at the explosion. She doesn't even wait to hear the update- she'd seen this sort of trick before. She'd probably PLAYED this sort of trick before. "SWORDSMAN, I have the Senator! Can you do me a favour and blow a hole in the ceiling for me to jump through?" Failing that, she'd just have to run for it and try and squueze off a wind jutsu to cushion her fall so she could keep running

23. - Top - End - #53
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuke buzzes in through the commlink and gives his thoughts. "I can try. I will throw all of my chakra into this attack. Make sure you make the most of it. I do not have enough time to use it a second time." Taking a deep breath, Kasuka looks up at the roof and begins molding chakra around his LDISOT issue Ninja-to. In a sharp release of breath he whips the blade toward the heavens and throws the potent chakra surrounding his blade into the very roof of the building. Before he lets the energy loose however, he says something very casually into his mic. "You might want to cover your ears. That is, if you at all enjoy your hearing ability."

Spoiler
    Show
    Status
    Chakra Pool: 6/41
    Chakra Reserve: 18/26
    Ongoing Effects: Spd Rank 1 (5/5), Helm Splitter Stance

Actions
    Swift Action:
    Tap Reserves (4) DC 17
    Chakra Control: Succeeds even on a 1.

Attack Action: Lightning Stab
    Damage: (10d6+10)[54]
    Chakra Cost: 7
    Empower: 14

Move Action:
    Get the hell out of dodge.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-01-30 at 09:00 PM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Kasuka's blast of chakra hits the roof, and the thin metal explodes into shrapnel. The glittering metal falls like snow, and add an element of danger to the situation. Now Florenz needs to avoid the falling debris whilst keeping the senator alive as well, all while escaping the blast radius with her life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Florenz can either make a Reflex Save(DC 20) or take (5d6)[19] points of slashing damage. If she chooses to make a Reflex Save, then the Senator needs one as well. If she chooses to take the damage, then she can shield the senator's body with her own.

Either way: It's a 20ft leap up to the broken roof.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ettin in the Playground

At Kasuka's last minute advice, Florenz has just enough time to tuck her ears into her suit. Those big floppy things would be ill suited to such a racket, after all. Peering at the result, she frowns briefly. I was hoping he'd carve out something less deadly, but there ya go. Making her way along the catwalk, her clone, senator in hand sprints up behind her as she quickly ponders some no doubt genius escape plan. Okay, my clone will jump up, shield the senator with her body, and by the time she bursts into smoke he'll be clear of the sharpnel - then I'll just slip past it all and catch him in midair like a BAUS. No, wait, that won't work because... Ooh, what if I use a wind technique to blow the debri away? No, then I won't have enough time to save myself.

Before she can put the finishing touches on another bad idea, a shockwave almost shakes the catwalk away form under her feet and she is forced to atc on a spur of the moment. Sure, behaving recklessly and all that was fine, she usually just winged it, but USUALLY, she was fighting for herself or Noma or sensei or her crew, not this law-abiding stranger. It was against her instincts, really, and she had to constantly force herself on with remembering Noma's life hung in the balance of her service.

Before she knows it, her arms are wrapped around the senator and she's flying through the air, shielding him as best she can. Grunting as she's pierced, she gathers her chakra for her second jump - shouting n defiance of the pain, "RABBIT STYLE: TEWI MOON-LEAP!" Her shadow passes through the night sky and she winces as she triesto observe the collapsing building behind and below her

Spoiler
    Show
    Florenz makes no Reflex Save and takes the full damage.

Florenz double jumps with Flying Monkey! (2d20+72)[98]

She'll use Bird Wing on her next round to avoid falling damage.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Kasuka is able to easily escape the building due to his speed. Starkweather escaped as well, and the only people who were trapped inside were Wordists--or already dead.

Florenz successfully shields the senator from harm, and escapes the falling roof. Unfortunately she's still on the building as it collapses, because she elected to leap upward instead of doing something sensible like simply running out of the building. Florenz and the senator start falling as the roof gives way underneath them. Luckily the rabbitkin has a technique allowing them to fall slowly, or else the senator likely would have died when they hit the ground.

The building itself collapses into a pile of rubble as tall as two average-sized men. Both Kasuka and Florenz can see Starkweather standing near a pair of dead bodies wearing standard LDISOT armor. The Lt. and the Pvt. were both laying in a pool of their own blood. Their bodies--and armor--have several bulletholes in them where the enemy shot them. However it is unlikely that those wounds were what killed them. Not because those kind of injuries weren't lethal, but because their helmets are sporting very large exit wounds where the metal has been ripped and twisted like paper. The Lt.'s exit wound is where his visor would have been, and the Pvt's exit wound is out of the left side of her helmet.

Neither of their heads are recognizable, so whatever shot them clearly had to be a very high caliber weapon. Regardless, Sgt. Starkweather moves over to both Florenz and Kasuka. She's breathing rather heavily, and seems to be carrying her gun slightly lower than normal. "I have two casualties: Both KIA." She's hard and to the point. Much different than the nervous panicky woman she'd been when the mission had started. "Any word from Ray about extraction? My comm got shot."

As if to demonstrate she holds up a tiny card computer, and sure enough it has a thick indent where it miraculously deflected a bullet.
    Last edited by ZeroNumerous; 2013-02-01 at 08:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Titan in the Playground

"See a bad guy. Sniper with white hair, disappeared into the apartment north of your position."

She gives the exact location info to Ray to upload and update the HUD.

"Leave the cargo with the sarge, and be quick. He is getting away as we speak."

Juri continues to run north, landhopping atop buildings if need be.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-02-01 at 02:41 AM.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Ray does not relay the information to the others. "You can't go chasing him Juri. That helicopter is only a minute and thirty seconds, and if you leave Natalie on her own then she'll just get killed when they show up. You need to stick together, and dragging an unconscious civilian into a gun fight sounds like a bad idea."

29. - Top - End - #59
    Troll in the Playground

With a long, embittered sigh, the masked swordsman disappears his blade into its 'sheathe. Throughout this, his eyes linger on the now lifeless forms of the Lieutenant and Private longer than is necessary, silent and immobile save for the nigh imperceptible shuddering of his shoulders. Through the commlink, the others can hear Kasuka take in many long deep breaths. Strange, given that the swordsman was usually quite good at keeping his unnecessary noises from patching through the radio. Finally, forcing the shaking and fidgeting forces to a calm, Kasuka snaps his vision to the direction pointed out by Juri. Eventually he speaks but instead of the familiar buzz of their comms, he snaps open his visor to more adequately voice his intensity. "I will pursue him then. Alone. I will not leave loose ends on this mission if I can help it." The words come out as a dark growl, thick and dripping with venom.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-02-03 at 05:52 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

30. - Top - End - #60
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Ray's voice comes over the group's comms once more. "I can't stop you from chasing him, even if it is a bad idea. But I can tell you that you'll need to find some way to transport the senator if you do go after him. It's simply too dangerous to leave him where a gunfight is likely to break out, and if you have control of the situation then at least you can minimize his exposure to firefights. So if you're planning to chase, then find a vehicle or transport nearby."