New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Abyssal Revelation IC

Florenz plumets through the air with the senator in hand. For just a moment, she releases him to form a hand-seal, forming a concentrated cyclone from her chakra to slow to a near-halt before grasping him again. She hadn't been sure she'd be able to get out of the building before the roof fell on top of her if she'd more safely dismounted from the catwalk.

Her foot finding earth, she loses her focus on her technique, collapsing to her side as she pants, cushioning the senator with herself against the potentially jagged remains of the warehouse. She remains there for a bit, feeling at her wounds uncertainly and panting until the comm chatter picks up. Picking herself up and dragging the senator over her shoulder, she limps out of the wreckage trying not to think about the unnecessary damage she caused herself as she approaches the Giant. "Got 'im. Think that was their only bomb? Hope so." She speaks briefly, pivoting on her feet from the bloodloss the roof had gashed out of her. "An extract and a medic would be nice."

Getting caught up on the other assassins' situation, Florenz's ears perk up and she seeks to regain some of her composure, clearing her throat. "Wait, hold on there, cowboy," she warns, mustering a weak smile. "I'm a sage-damned master of the old ninja ways - including tracking. If you want this guy pursued, you could use my help."

2. - Top - End - #62
    Titan in the Playground

"Usagi-kun, try to arrange a getaway for the sergeant and the senator, and then catch up with us. I'd suggest overtaking a nearby vehicle like Ray said. Ray, pull me some plans of the assassin's building and the ones around him, and assist Usagi and the sergeant with their escape route. Kasuka, move. I'll be supporting."

"And what about Bravetail's squad?"
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-02-04 at 05:21 AM.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Natalie looks to Kasuka and Florenz with obvious and justified confusion given that she can't hear half of the conversation going on. "We can't take this guy", she motions to the unconscious senator slung over Florenz' shoulder, "with us if we're gonna go chasing somebody."

When Juri requests information from Ray the young child responds plainly. "No. This is a bad idea, and I won't help you put yourselves in danger. If you wanna put your lives on the line to pursue this guy, that's your choice. But I'd report you to Bravetail before I helped you get yourselves shot for nothing."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz notes Natalie's confusement, and stands on the tip of her paws feet, craning her neck and indicating in invitation to her ear. If you press your ear against my earpiece, maybe you can listen in, is what's obviously being conveyed as she smiles friendly-like.

When Ray puts his foot down, Usagi shrugs a little, careful not to disturb the senator too much. "Hey, I'm just trying to be helpful - if something's worth doing wrong, it's worth doing right, I say. But hey, maybe you're right. I got a kid back home to take care of." She half expects a 'rabbit with ONLY ONE kid' joke, despite the more pleasant company before proceeding quickly to override such a thing. "I suppose I've earned my keep for the day by rescuing the senator without blundering into some Sniper Den. Well okay then, if we're extracting, what have you got to get us away before the Wordists decide they'd like to go for round two?"

Addressing Juri, she asks "What did this guy look like, anyway? Might know 'im." It wasn't stated tha usagi was a pirate (well, former pirate CAPTAIN) but it wasn't much of a mystery that she had SOME shady connections.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuka trembles in place, unusually silent. Not being able to pursue was paining him, and being reigned in with the threat of authoritative action. Disobedience would invariably reach Mayumi. He couldn't have that. Never. Eventually the rational voice in his head decides to speak up, "Pick your fights. It is already too late for those who have passed." He did not like the voice very much. It was too concerned about his well being that anybody rightly should.

People deserved to be mourned. Living, breathing entities who had identities and lives of their own. Faceless corpses on the other hand were better left forgotten on the battlefield. And what was he, if not a walking corpse.

Taking a moment to compose himself, Kasuka snaps the visor back and turns back to Natalie and the others. "Awaiting further orders," comes his dull monotone.
    Last edited by Bad Situation; 2013-02-07 at 05:07 AM.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Juri shakes her head in disappointment. The swordsman at least had looked like he might agree with her, but it turned out he was just a puppet after all, tied by strings of authority and threats.

"Tell mother then." she replies to Ray, snorting derisively. "But I'd only die if you don't help me."

"Cheers, friends."
    She salutes her companions from the top of the building, probably just a silhouette to them, and heads to flank the building she last saw the sniper in. She also redirects her clones, wherever they are, to the building as well.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-02-07 at 05:04 AM.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz is actually surprised to see Juri head off. "Huh. Someone more rebellious than me. I guess I have to commend that." Moaning from the strain on her gashed muscles, she passes the Senator to Kasuka. "Hang on. Try and get some evac arranged, I'm going to go make sure she doesn't get herself hurt. I know I'll be fine."

Florenz runs to where Juri was, using as much of her speed as possible to pursue. When she catches up with Juri with her likely superior speed, she hops into the sniper's shadow. "Don't take too long, alright?" she intones, hopefully. "I'm leaving the swordsman hanging after convincing him to simmer down. Even the dumbest pirate around knows to engage his targets as briskly as possible, and to bring friends. Friends with big guns and big muscles." Unseen, Florenz retrieves her own guns, an automatic rifle in case it's needed.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

Juri and Florenz

Juri and Florenz make it to the building in thirty seconds at speed. The building in question is a large-sized residential tower designed to stuff as many undesirables as possible together. Finding any one individual in this building, no matter how distinctive, would be an absolutely epic undertaking.

Spoiler
    Show
    Trace and Cespenar: You're free to make any checks that you think are appropriate.

Kasuka

Natalie just watches the two of them leave, and makes no effort to follow. She looks to Kasuka, and seems to be back to her demure self. "What're they going after? And what are we gonna do now?"

Ray's voice comes through Kasuka's comm. "Well, I'll send the information to Bravetail. I'm not sure even Juri will get off this time. Securing the senator is still our top priority."

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ettin in the Playground

"See what I mean? Sniper pit. Now come on, they might still be planning on carpet bombing this place, let's take off while we can, eh?" With that, Florenz grabs Juri by her collar, intending to drag her if need be. "If we leave now, you might be able to keep your life AND your rank, soldier girl." I wouldn't have this kind of insubordination on my ship, but I guess I don't have the authority to toss mischief makers out the airlock anymore.

Speaking into her headset, she gives some instruction to Kasuka. "Unless you're a couple of fools, I'll assume you've left the senator to whoever can run fastest with his weight and started the sprint away. I've snagged Juri, I'll meet you at, say. THESE coordinates." Florenz goes ahead of Juri to help spread the weight with Kasuka before they continue sprinting to safe ground. If between the two of them they can't run with the senator, Florenz will make 2 shadow clones and take off at max speed.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Tapping his comm to reply, Kasuka answers directly and in a dry monotone that Ray might recognize as Kasuka's 'all business' mode. "Ray. Coordinates to the nearest extraction zones. Give me a rundown of what I can expect on the way there. When I have selected a path, forward this information to Juri and the Rabbitkin."

Turning to Natalie he gestures for the man in her arms. "We will move together. I will carry the senator. Keep your eyes out for any signs of danger and inform me of them through our commlink. Depending on the situation we will trade positions. Refrain from firing your gun if at all possible. Are we clear?"

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

Kasuka

Natalie nods, then turns over the senator. "I can do that, but my comm-link is broken." She points to the discarded card computer laying on the ground nearby that had served as her communication link with Ray and the group.

Ray merely points Kasuka to the same area they had originally been dropped off at. "We were planning to extract after the enemy was eliminated, so that's the only LZ we had. But there's a flat-topped building nearby that could serve as an LZ if you think there's too many hostiles back at the first LZ. I'll relay the info to Bravetail regardless of which spot you pick, but he's been heading toward the original LZ so you might delay him a bit by changing locales." Ray uploads coordinates to both places to Kasuka's HUD. The original LZ wouldn't be defensible as it was a simple rooftop with little cover. The secondary LZ is a small parking garage, and it would be fairly easy to stay inside until extraction arrives. But that might slowdown the extraction team. Aside from that, Ray also uploads several smaller buildings that could serve as defensible LZes, but they're all civilian residential towers.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Titan in the Playground

Juri looks around the residential building, irritated, and doesn't resist when Florenz starts to drag her back to their current mission. She couldn't hope to find the guy without the rabbitkin's tracking skills and Ray's help anyway. And she was probably going to be reprimanded now, for naught.

"Tch." Juri clicks her tongue irritatedly, but doesn't press on.

"Revert to the second LZ," she mumbles some time later, when Ray explains their options. "Also, I'm flattered, Usagi-kun, but you can let me go now."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Troll in the Playground

"The second landing zone then. A few minutes delay will mean nothing if we bring the senator under fire," comes Kasuka's confident reply. "Tell the Colonel not to spare any expense getting here as quick as possible. With over half the team...unavailable, we are rather short handed at the moment."

Jerking his head at Natalie he says, "Let's go."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz shrugs, deciding on the second landing zone. "I guess he'd probably get madder if we didn't defend this senator properly and his life does seem to have priority over our own." She let's Juri leading the way, wondering if the human girl was any more comfortable than she was with the concept of being insignificant as part of an order. She tries to excise her internal comparisons to slavery. Even in 'old' age, there was only so much wisdom can override early life

Spoiler
    Show
    Backstory to be finalised in morning

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Kasuka, Natalie, Florenz, and Juri are able to get to the second LZ without any trouble. It seems the surviving Wordists are either too scattered to put up any resistance, or too scared to engage the LDISOT members. However, when they get within sight range of the parking garage--a four story building made of concrete with open air slots in the walls--A loud engine noise interrupts them. Looking up and to the north the LDISOT officers can see a black dot in the distance speeding toward them very quickly. Ray's voice comes over the comm. "Uh, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but it looks like the Wordists are gonna be there a lot earlier than I thought. They're only thirty seconds out, and it looks like they're in a gunship."

Ray brings up a video on your HUDs of the the gunship passing by a camera. "That looks like a T13 Myrmidon gunship. Four laser cannons, an anti-personnel chaingun, and two missile launchers. You've gotta get the senator to safety, but if that thing is still in the air then there's no way you're gonna be able to extract him."

Spoiler
    Show
    Natalie, Kasuka, Juri, and Florenz have 5 rounds before the Myrmidon arrives. They can make it to the roof of the parking garage in five rounds, or elect to try something else. Getting to the parking garage itself will take up a round of movement, and each floor you go up takes a round of movement.

The garage is a pretty standard parking garage.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

Taking the senator anywhere near the gunship was tantamount to failure, he knew. Even trained operatives would have trouble dealing with a Myrmidon on such short notice. But then, they weren't just any trained operatives were they? Opening up the commlink, Kasuka quickly asks a series of questions. "Ray, can you determine if there's a pilot in the gunship? If not, can you confirm that it is being operated remotely?" The swordsman, admittedly, knew very little about computers but if there was a chance that the thing could be tampered with then their handler would know best. But then, it always hurt to put your eggs into one basket.

"Juri, do you know offhand the the construction details of the T13? Barring any unforeseen circumstances can your eyes and sniper rounds penetrate the armored plating of the Myrmidon?" Pilot or no, nothing short of Heavy Dark Iron could stop a determined sniper and what was Juri if not determined? "Lazy. Insubordinate. Pernicious. A dangerous element for Mayumi's organization." Whether their adversaries had the resources to construct a vehicle of such immense cost was beyond him however. "Rabbit, you're the quickest of our number. Would you be able to get to the roof of the parking garage ahead of us? Having your disguised clones serve as distractions will buy us some time to prepare a response."

"Natalie, the sound of your gunfire will attract unnecessary attention to the senator. Avoid shooting around him as best you can or extract yourself from his presence to hide his location. I leave the decision up to you in that case."

And as for himself...

He'd sent gunships crashing down to the ground before. He still had the chakra for his elemental jutsu after all. Challenging the very natural order of the world was tantamount to failure, he knew.

⑨Strongest Ice⑨

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

Juri replies with a confident tone despite her recent blunder. What it takes to faze the Hyuuga, it wasn't still certain.

"I don't know much about the T13, but I don't think many armors can defend against what I'm packing, now." She pauses then for a second, though, and seriousness creeps into her voice.

"But we should make sure to avoid its fire nonetheless. I don't know about you guys, but I won't have my new jacket riddled with chaingun fire."

She produces a large magazine from her belt, one with a slightly darker color than the others, and swaps it with the one already in the rifle. She grins to the others briefly when the box fits in with a satisfying noise.
    Last edited by Cespenar; 2013-02-13 at 02:31 AM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

DM

Natalie nods. "I-Is that what that noise is? I.. I can get away from the senator just fine, but where are we gonna stash him? We goota get rid of that thing somehow!"

When Kasuka questions Ray he gets an odd static-y response. "W--... --ar y-- ... c-- ... rep-- ... nit!" Something is jamming your communications, and it seems Ray is unavailable at the moment.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

Florenz tuts at the radio static. "Oh good, no info to work off of and our best plan is for me to draw fire. If that thing has any sort of machine gun, it'll grind me to mulch - I used a lot of life force to power my clones." Florenz looks around for a decent vantage point, wondering if there was any creative way to take down the aircraft. Her tree walking technique was still active and she could rather dependably sprint and leap.

Florenz sighs, remembering her place. "...Fine, okay. What'll we do with the senator though? We need to get him some cover. Sarge, what's the odds of... no never mind, if you start hailing fire, it'll draw attention to the senator if you're carrying him." She looks over he building at hand. "Well, it's a parking lot, essentially - anyone know how to jack a car? I'll stand and draw some fire if need be, but only within the reasonable limit you can give me before you spring into action," she informs them, and begins melding chakra for more techniques

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ettin in the Playground

Nodding finally, she decides to trust her companions as she vaults up the side of the parking lot and summons more clones. "I hope you know what you're doing"

Spoiler
    Show
    Spend a few rounds getting to top (kinobori active), then summon 3 clones, with (3d4)[10] damage to self. If there's enough time, Florenz hides in the shadow of one of her clones (stealth (1d20+21)[26]) and has her clones transform to match teh appearance of sarge, Kasuka and the senator, the first two standing in front of and protecting the latter. The Kasuka clone draws her sword and the sarge clone draws her assault rifle

Initiative (1d20+9)[18]

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

Kasuka nods, folding the Senator under his arm and looking toward the parking garage. "Then I will take care of the Senator on my own. Natalie, you are to maintain some distance away from me and provide me with covering fire at your own discretion. Rabbit. Juri. You know your orders. But stick close, Bravetail will be here soon enough."

⑨Strongest Ice⑨